New CANON Printers for old Acorns

9th December 2005

NEW CANON PRINTERS FOR OLD ACORNS
=================================

Castle announces today a that they have a small quantity of the Canon
IP4000 high speed colour bubble jet printers available for sale.

In addition to a modern USB connector, the IP4000 also has a parallel
port making them ideal for older Acorn computers as well as IYONIX pcs.

These brand new IP4000 printers come with:
1. Parallel data cable.
2. USB data cable.
3. RISC OS printer driver.
4. Castle's 'pop-up !Printers' application.

Detailed IP4000 features are available on line at:
http://www.canon.co.uk/For_Home/Product_Finder/Printers/Bubble_Jet/PIXMA_iP4000/

The Canon IP4000 is available at ukp 149 including vat. Orders can be
placed online on line or by contacting Castle Technology Ltd at:

Tel: 0870 383 4543
Fax: 0870 705 8879

web http://www.iyonix.com
email sales@iyonix.com
Overseas tel: +44 1223 503464

a.m.conroy@argonet.co.uk, Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce.
Submissions to csaa@owlart.net
Related mail to csaa-request@owlart.net
0
sales5154 (8)
12/9/2005 5:26:39 PM
comp.sys.acorn.announce 3750 articles. 1 followers. davehigton (2157) is leader. Post Follow

In message <ap.fdab8f4dd6.a701a0a.m.conroy@argonet.co.uk>
          <sales@iyonix.com> wrote:

> 9th December 2005
>
> NEW CANON PRINTERS FOR OLD ACORNS

Sounds like a fair swap.

Oh, right. They just mean that they have parallel ports.
--
Andy Wingate <URL:http://www.sparse.net>       OpenPGP key 0xC642BF8A
Is this the kind of work you'd like to do?

new to acorn
Dear all, I just got to know that there's this risc 32 bits processor! I was a Commodore user and seems like the two have a little in common. Well, how do I get one, where, how much... Can you guys give me some info? Thanks, R. In article <447a9bfd_2@news.tm.net.my>, ri <riccardo.balistreri@poste.it> wrote: > Dear all, > I just got to know that there's this risc 32 bits processor! I was a > Commodore user and seems like the two have a little in common. Well, how > do I get one, where, how much... > Can you guys give me some info? Most recent machi...

FS: CANON (GENUINE, NEW/not used)
Posted on Ebay, item# 330331170291. Goto www.ebay.com & enter this item# 330331170291 into search window (or item# window); BUY NOW OPTION is AVAILABLE, i.e. NO need to wait for Auction ending. Do NOT reply on Newsgroups (I just posted here, but may not read) - instead contact via Ebay (best) or Email; if you insist on emailing and see "NOJUNK" strings in my address (or something to that effect) - REMOVE THEM before hitting send! (these are sometimes added to prevent SPAM, i.e. people who "harvest" addresses off Newsgroups). My Ebay feedback is 100% positive, not to mention 13 YEARS of Newsgroups trading without complains, and it's best to deal via Ebay though will respond to regular email also. Please read description there, but a few facts are copied here: 1) NEW (sealed) Canon cartridges for their portable printers: BJC50/55/70/80/85/30 & other CANON. GENUINE CANON (made in Japan, from CompUSA before it went out of business here). Not fakes which dry out before expiration or damage/ spill into printers - I tried one of generics some years ago, and the money I thought would save, were wasted as they were discovered to be dry (unusable) prior to expiration. I am not one of those people "attached" to specific brands, but learned a hard lesson with inkjet cartridges, unlike Laser toners which are OK even if generic. 2) Plus free BJC-series printers LiIon (lithium-Ion) battery, part# LB50 I don't...

Acorn NC or Acorn NetStation, looking for one.
I am looking for an Acorn NC with ethernet interface! If someone has one, please let me know, and a reasonable price. Complete, with the remote and etc! Thanks! Leonardo leonardo@editek.com In message <1192995978.255456.168910@y27g2000pre.googlegroups.com> leonardo.cohen@gmail.com wrote: > I am looking for an Acorn NC with ethernet interface! If someone has > one, please let me know, and a reasonable price. Complete, with the > remote and etc! I shall be eBaying an NC with ethernet, but no remote, fairly shortly, possibly in the next few weeks. Alan -- RISC OS - you know it makes cents ...

Old Acorn games
Hi there I am using old Risc PC 700 and I am trying to find old games as I have most I am looking for now I can't find RockFall and I am looking! If anyone out there has copy of this program I would be greatful Regards, Jamie Barron A. N. Other <ANOther@argonet.co.uk> wrote: > Hi there > > I am using old Risc PC 700 and I am trying to find old games as I have > most I am looking for now I can't find RockFall and I am looking! > > If anyone out there has copy of this program I would be greatful > > Regards, > > Jamie Barron Make that 2 pe...

New Canon Printers
I noticed Canon Japan web site http://cweb.canon.jp/pixus/lineup/ip4100/ has a new range of printers looking through their list I can not see a IP5100 to replace the IP5000. it seems that they have dropped their 1pl print heads from the ranges mentioned which seems a little odd, as one would have expected the 1pl heads be used in the newer high-end range of printers, wonder why this is..? Davy wrote: >I noticed Canon Japan web site >http://cweb.canon.jp/pixus/lineup/ip4100/ >has a new range of printers looking through their list I can not see a >IP5100 to replace the IP5000. it seems that they have dropped their >1pl print heads from the ranges mentioned which seems a little odd, >as one would have expected the 1pl heads be used in the newer >high-end range of printers, wonder why this is..? > > My concern is that they may clog but I have not heard of that happening so it is anyones guess. measekite wrote: >=20 >=20 > Davy wrote: >=20 >> I noticed Canon Japan web site http://cweb.canon.jp/pixus/lineup/ip410= 0/ >> has a new range of printers looking through their list I can not see a= >> IP5100 to replace the IP5000. it seems that they have dropped their >> 1pl print heads from the ranges mentioned which seems a little odd, >> as one would have expected the 1pl heads be used in the newer >> high-end range of printers, wonder why this is..? >> =2...

My new new printer
X-No-Archive Hi group, Just thought I would post a little update. The store took back my HP PhotoSmart 8050 and gave me a HP PhotoSmart 8250 as they didn't have any 8050s in stock. I had to pay the price difference, but that was OK. I really hope nothing goes wrong with this one! Best, Christine ...

New Printer/Canon iP4000
Broke with tradition AND sense. Bought somethine other than an HP this time and didn't spend a week researching the subject and going into information overload :o Brought home a Canon iP4000. This printer will be used primarily for graphics (greeting cards) and text. I will do some photo printing on Ilford (Smooth Pearl) photo paper. Are there any inherant issues I need to know about? Someone told me that (unlike HP) I have to turn the printer off when not in use to keep the ink from wicking in the docking station. Then another said their Canon turned off automatically. I found "Auto Power" under the Maintenance Tab. Both were disabled. I enabled both and set Power off to 15 minutes. OK? And it doesn't say but I'm assuming the Auto "Power On" turns the printer on automatically when you start a print job (like the HP) Thanks, Monica Monica wrote: >Broke with tradition AND sense. Bought somethine other than an HP this >time and didn't spend a week researching the subject and going into >information overload :o Brought home a Canon iP4000. This printer will be >used primarily for graphics (greeting cards) and text. I will do some photo >printing on Ilford (Smooth Pearl) photo paper. Are there any inherant >issues I need to know about? Someone told me that (unlike HP) I have to >turn the printer off when not in use to keep the ink from wicking in the &g...

Computer Shopper
Computer Shopper website has put up a news item about the new Acorn Computers Limited laptops: http://www.computershopper.co.uk/?news/news_story.php?id=86986 Inevitably there are some inaccuracies in the piece; I have sent a comment to try to remedy. Richard Nevill. In article <5XX7g.13512$gK2.1650@newsfe6-gui.ntli.net>, Richard Nevill <richard.nevill@ntlworld.com> wrote: > Computer Shopper website has put up a news item about the new Acorn > Computers Limited laptops: > http://www.computershopper.co.uk/?news/news_story.php?id=86986 > Inevitably there are so...

New G5, Old Printer...?
I am buying a new dual 2 GHz G5 and will also need to pick up a printer. I won't have a lot of cash left over, so I would obviously need to get something fairly inexpensive, yet can handle the kind of work I do: Photoshop, Web, Illustrator, Flash, Word, Excel, web pages, etc. My HP Laserjet 5MP has been a work horse for the past 8 years, but it has a really loud gear noise when printing, and it is printing with lines across the paper. My service agent suggested that it would cost more to fix than just buying something new. So, any recommendations? So far people have suggested HP, Lexmark, and Epson, but I don't know enough about their compatibility with OS X and whether they come PostScript ready (or if I even need that nowadays). Do I need to (gulp!) purchase RIPping software for non-PS printers? You help is always appreciated! Thanks! On 14 Jun 2004 10:33:48 -0700, Fizzlestix <fizzlestix@metallica.com> wrote: > > So, any recommendations? So far people have suggested HP, Lexmark, and > Epson, but I don't know enough about their compatibility with OS X and > whether they come PostScript ready (or if I even need that nowadays). I've been buying Epson printers for 24 years now, and have never had one break - I get a new one every 3-5 years when it's time for new features or more speed. > Do I need to (gulp!) purchase RIPping software for non-PS printers? Nope. "It just works". As in, plug in the USB, and it says so...

FA: Acorn Archimedes A310 and Acorn AKF50 Monitor #2
For Auction on eBay (Less than 20 hours to go): Acorn Archimedes A310 and Acorn AKF50 Monitor British Broadcasting Corporation Microcomputer System Processor: ARM 3 Memory: 8 MB Hard Disc: 350 MB Podules: Design IT E500 Access+ (Ethernet 10Base2) Oak SCSI Interface Watford Electronics Scanner Peripherals: 3-button mouse Original keyboard with extension cable Watford Electronics Hand Scanner Monitor: Acorn AKF50 with mains connection to A310 and 9/15 adapter. Slight superficial damage to monitor case. Used to be in daily use. Needed only fresh AA batteries (for CMOS RAM) to ov...

My old Acorn games collection
I'm not sure what this lot is worth these days but I'm trying to get rid of my old collection of Acorn games including some classics like Chocks Away, SWIV, Lemmings and so on. I presume the main appeal is the pretty boxes which are all in pretty good nick; who can forget that Drop Ship not only was a great game but also boasted "No use whatsoever is made of the Operating System routines" ! There's no reserve price so give me whatever it's worth! http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3089625731 cheerio, -- Matthew Bloch ...

Old movie of Acorn Show
I have been looking at my old discs and have come up with a short film that I made of the 2000 Acorn show which was held at Epsom Racecourse. If anyone is interested I have put it up on You Tube. If this link does not get there, try googling Quilljar and AcornEpsom ! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fsv6hNLs0w -- Sincerely, Christopher Jarman Hi Chris, Nice video - thanks for posting it. Regards, Martin. In article <bca1ecc7-1bf7-4be3-ba91-9bff25020010@m26g2000yqb.googlegroups.com>, Martin Hansen <mhh@shrewsbury.org.uk> wrote: > Hi Chris, > Nice video - thanks for posting it. > Regards, > Martin. My thanks also - I enjoyed it but failed to see why youtube give related videos as Sikh prayers and X-men :-) Alan -- alan.dawes@argonet.co.uk alan.dawes@riscos.org Using an Acorn RiscPC Ah! you clearly have not realized the connection between You Tube and the Goon Show!!! LOL -- Christopher Link to a new App for the iPod to help with your handwriting! http://www.deeppocketseries.com/Better_Letters.php "Alan Dawes" <alan.dawes@argonet.co.uk> wrote in message news:50c6f72ee9alan.dawes@argonet.co.uk... > In article > <bca1ecc7-1bf7-4be3-ba91-9bff25020010@m26g2000yqb.googlegroups.com>, > Martin Hansen <mhh@shrewsbury.org.uk> wrote: >> Hi Chris, >> Nice video - thanks for posting it. >> Regards, >> Martin. > > My thanks also - I enjoyed it but failed to see why you...

Acorns fall next to the tree [Acorn stuff on ebuy UK]
I usually don't surf Acorns, but I noticed some on ebuy. Acorn RiscOS 3.5 ROMs - no reserve Acorn 486 Co-processor card - no reserve Acorn Arm610 processor card - no reserve ...

New laptop, old printer
Hi, I just realized the laptop I ordered has no parallel port; however my laser printer only has a parallel port. I suppose there's a parallel to USB converter available somewhere, but I've never heard of it before. Can someone confirm this is the best way to connect my printer and laptop, and give me an estimated price for one of these cables? Thanks. Mike Michael Lee wrote: > Hi, I just realized the laptop I ordered has no parallel port; however > my laser printer only has a parallel port. I suppose there's a parallel > to USB converter available somewhere, but I've never heard of it before. > Can someone confirm this is the best way to connect my printer and > laptop, and give me an estimated price for one of these cables? Thanks. If your laptop has wifi then a wifi print server would be the way to go. One less cable to plug. If you already have a WAP with hub then a wired-network print server would be cheaper and accomplish the same result. However if you froogle "USB parallel printer adapter" you'll get about 115,000 hits, most of which point to such a device at prices ranging from $7-25. > Mike -- --John to email, dial "usenet" and validate (was jclarke at eye bee em dot net) another option to consider: there are small print servers that have parallel (LPT) ports to connect to your printer and a lan port to connect to your network if you have one print servers are nice because they take ...

HELP : Move old database in old machine to new database in new machine
What are the possible upgrade options for the following situations ? From(Old machine) To(New machine) ======================= ================ Oracle 8.0.6/AIX 4.3.3 Oralce 9i/AIX 5.2 Oracle 8.0.6/HP 10.20 Oralce 9i/HP 11.0 Oracle 8.1.5/AIX 4.3.3 Oralce 9i/AIX 5.2 Oracle 8.1.6/AIX 4.3.3 Oralce 9i/AIX 5.2 Oracle 8.1.7/AIX 4.3.3 Oralce 9i/AIX 5.2 Oralce 8i/Solaris 2.6 Oralce 9i/Solaris 9i Oralce 8i/Solaris 5.8 Oralce 9i/Solaris 9i Oralce 8i/Solaris 8i Oralce 9i/Solaris 9i A. Background and limitations ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Data size: Vary from a few gigabytes to a few terabytes Down time: A few hours, such as 8 hours. Old/new machines location: Locate in different countries and connected by WAN. B. The way forward ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I am considering the following methods but I am not sure the feasibility and compatibility issues. Your expertise is sought. Method 1 : Export/Import ------------------------ Step 1: Setup the new blank database in new machine. Step 1: Export the data during down time. Step 2: Transfer exported data through the WAN to new machine. Step 3: Import the data to the new database. Concerns 1. I think it is suitable for small volume data because of time constraint. Method 2 : DBUA ------------------------ Step 1: Install both the old/intermediate/new versions in the new machine Step 2: Copy the datafiles to new machine during downtime. Step 3: Startup the old databa...

Printing from Acorn to PC shared printer
Must i use LanMan98 for this or is there a simpler way? Thanks, Ben In message of 27 Apr, "Ben Wylie" <benwylie@_hotmail_.com> wrote: > Must I use LanMan98 for this or is there a simpler way? Uniprint from Rcomp or get a Printer Server box. But both these cost money It can also be done through Samba. I would not say it is any simpler than Lanman98. -- Tim Powys-Lybbe������������������������������������������tim@powys.org �������������For a miscellany of bygones: http://powys.org Tim Powys-Lybbe wrote: > It can also be done through Samba. I w...

I do hope the new acorn do not do somthing like this
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/6453339.stm I cant believe that people believe that this is the orignal Commodore. In article <1174074893.987453.196640@y66g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>, Mike Carter <mike@carter.mihopa.net> wrote: > http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/6453339.stm > I cant believe that people believe that this is the orignal Commodore. I guess you refer to the piccie on this page. Does it say it is? Did you try the link under it? http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_pictures/6454113.stm You may realise that the image was indeed of a Commodore. Apparently....

FA: Various old Acorn games
Roll up, roll up. Conqueror: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3045842578&category=187&rd=1 Sim City 2000: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3045844892&category=187&rd=1 Birds of War: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3045846451&category=187&rd=1 Paradroid 2000: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3045848128&category=187&rd=1 Cannon Fodder: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3045848750&category=187&rd=1 -- Liam Gretton ...

WTB: Old Acorn C compiler
Looking for an old copy of Acorn C, ie version 1 or 2. Anything considered. Thanks Ian. On Mon, 09 Apr 2007 04:35:29 -0700, dna-7e6g wrote: > Looking for an old copy of Acorn C, ie version 1 or 2. > > Anything considered. Woah - is there a reason you need something ancient? I have an immaculate set of Acorn C/C++ 5 complete with original box and printed manuals here gathering dust that I keep meaning to eBay at some point. B. > Woah - is there a reason you need something ancient? I have an immaculate > set of Acorn C/C++ 5 complete with original box and printed manu...

I'm trying to decide between a Canon i860 and a Canon MP360. The MP360 is a printer/scanner/copier while the i860 is a Photo Printer. I've compared the two units closely and can't see many differences, except the i850 uses 4 cartridges instead of the usual 2 and is a bit faster. They both can print borderless photos, can print on photo paper, and print 4800x1200 dpi. Plus they are about the same price on newegg.com. Are there any features that the i860 has that the MP360 doesn't? Otherwise why not get the MP360 and get a scanner too. any info would be appreciated. Canon i860 http://www.usa.canon.com/html/conCprProductDetail.jsp?modelid=9387&item=9442&section=10214 Canon MP360 http://www.usa.canon.com/html/conCprProductDetail.jsp?modelid=9527&item=9632&section=10223 Most people BUY a product based on how THEY will use the product. Maybe the first think you need to do sort out is your own imaging needs. "sydemon" <sydegun@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:49cf01cc.0405051118.15975f6@posting.google.com... : I'm trying to decide between a Canon i860 and a Canon MP360. The : MP360 is a printer/scanner/copier while the i860 is a Photo Printer. : I've compared the two units closely and can't see many differences, : except the i850 uses 4 cartridges instead of the usual 2 and is a bit : faster. They both can print borderless photos, can print on photo : paper, and print 4800x1200 dpi...

printer supplies or new printer
I am running a RiscPC700 (NO strongarm), withComputer Concepts turboprinter feeding a Canon BJC210. I only use it for !HolyBible and !Sibelius6 I need either ink cartidges for the printer, or a new printer that turbo will recognise. Any suggestion? (PS - sorry I use a Windows for internet and everything else.) "Letmesnapu2" <alan.r.archer@btinternet.com> wrote: > I am running a RiscPC700 (NO strongarm), withComputer Concepts turboprinter > feeding a Canon BJC210. > > I only use it for !HolyBible and !Sibelius6 > > I need either ink cartidges for ...

New Acorn user, needs help please!
Hi guys, Im thinking of buying an Acorn risc pc 233mhz, before I purchase I need some advise on a few issues. 1) The machine currently has os 3.7m how easy is it to upgrade to os4? Does it require install of a new rom chip or is it just a cd upgrade? 2) I will wont to connect the acorn to Telewest broadband internet, I understand ill need to purchase a network card but what software would you advise for this paticular connection? Could anyone recommend a network card or browser I could use to get connected, is there any complications I should know about or is it as simple as connecting a pc...

Printer drivers for new printers
I have just bought a couple of printers and I am trying to find drivers for them without any success. The printers I have are a Canon S330 and a Canon i950. Both are connected on a windows printer/home control server. For the S330 I have used the S300 printer driver (qimp-print), the print quality is horrible but at least it prints the correct size, as for the i950, I used the BJC-8200 printer driver and it prints at 1/4 of the size it is supposed to. Canon only supports windows and Mac os, at least that is their official response. Is there anywhere I can find printer driv...

Uninstall Old & Install New Printer?
I presently have a HP-7310 All-In-One Printer that bit the dust and I am getting a new Canon PIXMA MP830 in its place. What is the proper procedure to use when I need to uninstall the old HP 7310 and then install the new Canon? I am assuming that I first need to disconnect the old printer (HP) and then do a "remove" on any software related to the HP? Then when the new Canon arrives all I need to do is install it per Canon's instruction? I just don't want to install a new printer with anything left from the HP on my PC as that may cause some strange interaction. ...

Web resources about - New CANON Printers for old Acorns - comp.sys.acorn.announce

3D Printer - Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Printer error foiled billion-dollar bank heist
A Philippine bank manager who approved funds transfers at the centre of an attempted $US1 billion ($AU1.3 billion) international cyber heist ...

Printer error foiled billion-dollar bank heist
A Philippine bank manager who approved funds transfers at the centre of an attempted $US1 billion ($AU1.3 billion) international cyber heist ...

How is this top-notch wireless printer, scanner, copier and fax machine just $80?
... team so you know exactly where to look. We've got a bunch of great deals for you to check out today, and this bargain on the Brother Printer ...

Here's how to trick a fingerprint scanner in just 15 minutes with nothing but a printer and some fancy ...
It's possible to trick a smartphone's fingerprint scanner with just 15 minutes, a regular inkjet printer, and some special ink. Researchers ...