Qercus (Acorn User / Acorn Publisher) binders

The new Qercus binders will be available within 2 weeks and we're taking
orders now. They are available in dark blue with the Qercus logo in gold on
the spine. The binders will match previous Acorn Publisher binders but will
hold 14 copies of the magazine so Qercus readers will have a spare string
for notes and indexes whilst Acorn Publisher readers will have room for two
years' issues including two annual special issues of Qercus.

Qercus is well-worth collecting so order your binder today.

Binders will cost 8.95 each inc UK postage and may (just) be available at
Wakefield.

Until the end of May new subscribers starting their subscription with issue
268, and ordering a binder at the same time, will receive their first issue
free.
ie UK subscription + binder = 49.95 + 8.95 = 58.90 for year's subscription
from issue 269 with issue 268 free.

Orders should be sent to "Finnybank Ltd" 30 Finnybank Road Sale M33 6LR or
by phone to 0161 969 9820. Cheques or cards can be accepted.

Binders and magazines will be despatched together as soon as the binders
are available.

--
John Cartmell editor Qercus  - editor@qercus.com  www.qercus.com
	Qercus: a fusion of Acorn Publisher & Acorn User magazines

a.m.conroy@argonet.co.uk, Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce.
Submissions to csaa@owlart.net
Related mail to csaa-request@owlart.net
0
editor605 (623)
5/5/2004 4:01:16 PM
comp.sys.acorn.announce 3750 articles. 1 followers. davehigton (2157) is leader. Post Follow

Acorn Publisher / Acorn User / Qercus
By now some people should have received their copy of Qercus - ie issue 268 of Acorn User or vol 10 issue 1 of Acorn Publisher. The additional printing numbers and distribution is new to us so we're not sure how long it will take to get to all subscribers or to be available in the shops. Some bulk mailings to overseas customers may not go until next week. Our experience so far with the database we inherited from Tau Press is that some customers will receive duplicate copies of the magazine whilst others will not receive one at all. We have been working hard to put right as many errors as ...

Acorn User / Qercus
Finnybank Ltd earlier announced that it has purchased Acorn User magazine from Tau Press and promised more details of the format of the new magazine. Finnybank now own both Acorn Publisher and Acorn User magazine and whilst it might be tempting to simply merge the two publications there are subscribers to Acorn Publisher who may not be interested in taking a general RISC OS magazine. Acorn Publisher will consequently continue as it is at present and will be produced every two months as in the past using the same team of contributors as before. UK Subscription rates will remain unchanged but t...

Acorn User / Qercus
csa announce We have made an announcement of issue 269 of Qercus / Acorn User but it has not yet appeared here. In short it should be with you this week. We're also trying to make sense of the records we received from Tau Press and it's clear that a good number of subscribers have not received their copies of Acorn User / Qercus from us because they were not included in the database that we received from Tau Press. Working our way through the paper records is a slow job so if you - or anyone you know - should be getting the magazine by subscription then please check that you have at ...

Acorn
Check it out: www.BrandonsMansion.com ...

Acorn 'Acorn' in Artworks
I don't suppose anyone has, or knows where I can download an Acorn 'Acorn' logo in ArtWorks format do they? I seem to have lost my original file that I used for the Webring graphics at www.vigay.com/cgi-bin/webring?ring=riscos -- Usenet replies: To contact me, visit www.vigay.com/feedback/ Quality Internet, Domain Registration & Hosting - www.orpheusinternet.co.uk/ Life, the Universe, RISC OS Help and Everything - www.vigay.com/ Share and discuss ideas or chat about the above - http://forum.vigay.com/ On 22 Apr 2007 Paul Vigay <invalid-email-address@invalid-domain.co....

*Info in Qercus (Acorn User)
As announced yesterday we plan to bring back *Info in Qercus, the magazine that is taking the place of Acorn User (and Acorn Publisher) and available by subscription, in newsagents (UK) and through agents overseas. *Info depends on you. I don't write it and I don't commission *a* writer to produce *Info. It will only work if those of you capable of producing small, free applications help to make it work. What we're looking for to go in *Info: * small RISC OS programs (or part-programs) * that do a simple task or illustrate a simple effect * are new to readers (or have been signi...

Acorn User Binders + Magazines
I have a number of Acorn User magazine binders available if anybody wants them, otherwise they will be chucked in the skip, they are free to whoever wants them, just cover the cost of postage as they probably will cost a bit to post them as they are bulky but flat. The binders I have are Bright red with Acorn User and Redwood publishing in silver lettering on the side and quite chunky, I have 5 of these, they are all in good usable condition, unfortunately a couple of them have a few splits in them, but they are still usuable and a bit of glue would probably sort them out, the magazi...

FF: Acorn User Binders
I have a number of Acorn User binders - five of the big wide red ones and two of the earlier, thinner ones (red and green). Yours for the postage. -- Richard Porter Mail to username ricp at domain minijem.plus.com "You can't have Windows without pains." ...

Acorn 'Acorn' in Artworks #2
Oooh. Thanks to the quick support from everyone, especially Paul Sprangers and John McCartney, I now have the logo in ArtWorks format. :-) Most appreciated. Thanks again. -- Usenet replies: To contact me, visit www.vigay.com/feedback/ Quality Internet, Domain Registration & Hosting - www.orpheusinternet.co.uk/ Life, the Universe, RISC OS Help and Everything - www.vigay.com/ Share and discuss ideas or chat about the above - http://forum.vigay.com/ ...

FS: Misc Acorn (and non-Acorn) hardware
Like Peter Naulls yesterday, I'm trying to get rid of my remaining Risc PC and the related hardware. I've put them on eBay. The Acorn-specific items are: Acorn Risc PC StrongARM 233 MHz + Power-tec SCSI http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202188067 i-cubed EtherLan600 for Acorn Risc PC/A7000 http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202186713 Acorn Risc PC power supply, backplane and screws http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202185817 RISC OS Select http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202184767 STD PS2Mouse fo...

Acorn NC or Acorn NetStation, looking for one.
I am looking for an Acorn NC with ethernet interface! If someone has one, please let me know, and a reasonable price. Complete, with the remote and etc! Thanks! Leonardo leonardo@editek.com In message <1192995978.255456.168910@y27g2000pre.googlegroups.com> leonardo.cohen@gmail.com wrote: > I am looking for an Acorn NC with ethernet interface! If someone has > one, please let me know, and a reasonable price. Complete, with the > remote and etc! I shall be eBaying an NC with ethernet, but no remote, fairly shortly, possibly in the next few weeks. Alan -- RISC O...

Acorn User
I realise this is neither hardware nor software, but it will surely reach the right people! I have had a standing order at my newsagents for Acorn User for longer than I care to remember and I'm wondering if other regular readers are having the same experience. The last few issues have been very late arriving. The September issue arrived mid-September, with an October sticker on the front! Inside it states "Next issue on sale 25th Sep 03". I keep enquiring and it still hasn't arrived. Today my newsagent phoned his supplier and was told there was "a proble...

Acorn User
The Acorn User website has suffered from an emergency update. If anyone with spare time on their hands would like to point out what gaffs I have produced (and e-mail me privately?) I'd appreciate the help. In due course we will be producing a new site with links to the main Finnybank site but this is all I have time for ATM. As the site proclaims (in a bit I have not changed and quoted from memory) "There has never been a better time to subscribe to Acorn User magazine". Subscriptions to Qercus - the new face of Acorn User - are now welcome: Qercus - Finnybank Ltd - 30 Finnyb...

Acorn?
Hi. Let me get this one right first. I have a Mico and a Strongarm Risc PC. What, if different, is the correct way of describing what I have to the user group? Now:- 1. How many users of Acorn machines are out there? I dont want to know if you/they use PCs as well. 2. I understand that RO ltd. and Castle are the main suppliers of Acorn stuff. Any others,please enlighten. 3. I feel that should the above suppliers (and others?) bury their differences and join to form one company, the resultant combine would be so much stronger and could only benefit the Acorn scene. If, because of self...

Web resources about - Qercus (Acorn User / Acorn Publisher) binders - comp.sys.acorn.announce

Hachette (publisher) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
[a.ʃɛt liːvʁ] , is a French publisher, the flagship imprint of Lagardère Publishing . It was founded in 1826 by Louis Hachette as a bookshop ...

Audience Network for Mobile Web Brings More Value to Publishers & Advertisers
Audience Network for Mobile Web Brings More Value to Publishers & Advertisers

Fifty Shades of Grey publisher Amanda Hayward ordered to pay $18.5m to partner
A US judge has ordered Australian publisher Amanda Hayward to pay more than $18.5 million in compensation, costs and interest to her former business ...

LinkedIn Driving Traffic To Publishers Again — Including Bloggers
Why aren't you publishing content on LinkedIn yet?

Guardian U.S. Won't Be Affected by Publisher Cuts
Guardian News & Media announced plans Monday for a 20% reduction in operating costs, but the publisher's U.S. outpost, Guardian U.S., will be ...

Quartz Publisher Doesn’t Want to Discuss Sale
In an interview with Nieman Lab , Quartz publisher Jay Lauf discussed a variety of subjects, from plans for an app to adblocking. The only subject ...

Publisher Lord Weidenfeld dies in London at the age of 96
Publisher Lord Weidenfeld, founder and chairman of Weidenfeld & Nicolson, dies in London at the age of 96.

National Review: Publisher ‘Broken Hearted’ Over Subscription Cancellations
Last night, National Review published articles from twenty conservative intellectuals "Against Trump." This afternoon, publisher Jack Fowler ...

LinkedIn sees jump in referral traffic to publishers after app redesign
LinkedIn's share of referral traffic to publishers has skyrocketed after it redesigned its mobile app in December, according to Parsely data ...

3 publishers shaking up comics
Dynamite, IDW and BOOM! Studios have carved a new niche in comics at a time when the field is dominated by 2 top dogs.