RISC OS on Puppy Linux Puplet now available

RISC OS on Puppy Linux is now available as a direct download link from
the Puppy Linux downloads page:
(http://www.puppylinux.org/downloads/puplets).

RISC OS on Puppy Linux takes RPCEmu 0.8.2 Spoon Edition(complete with
RISC OS 4 disk structure and additional applications) and combines it
with the light weight Puppy Linux distribution to create a Live CD
combining Puppy Linux 4.12 and RPCEmu(including networking).  All you
need to do is drop in the RISC OS 4 ROM images and you have a RISC OS
on Puppy Linux Live CD.  Install onto your local hdd or memory stick
for simplicity, or simply run from the cd and create a save file to
your local windows drive.

So many options, one RISC OS.

Enjoy.

(Note.  RISC OS 4 ROM images not not supplied)
(Note.  Read supplied PDF files for more information)

Regards
--
Paul Stewart -  Far Bletchley, Milton Keynes, England.
(msn:paulstewart@phawfaux.co.uk)

RISC OS Wakefield '09 show.  Saturday Apil 25th.  Be there and be
seen!
http://www.wakefieldshow.org.uk/

a.m.conroy@argonet.co.uk, Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce.
Submissions to csaa@owlart.net
Related mail to csaa-request@owlart.net
0
paulstewart (757)
3/23/2009 7:32:49 PM
comp.sys.acorn.announce 3750 articles. 1 followers. davehigton (2157) is leader. Post Follow

Critical Software announces WMPI II Linux
PRESS RELEASE January 16th, 2004 Critical Software announces WMPI II Linux - The MPI-2 standard middleware is now available for a large number of Linux and Windows platforms. Critical Software Inc, San Jose, CA, and Coimbra, Portugal, announces that its leading MPI-2 middleware product - WMPI II - now provides support for a wide range of Linux platforms. In 2003, WMPI II was the first MPI-2 implementation for Microsoft Windows to be commercially available in the market. Today, with the release of WMPI II Linux for a wide range of Linux platforms, Critical Software has become the provider of the most comprehensive MPI-2 offering in the market, spanning both reference platforms. WMPI II now supports a large number of Linux distributions including versions from Red Hat, SuSE, Mandrake, Turbolinux, Debian, Slackware and Gentoo, as well as Microsoft Windows NT, 2000, XP, and 2003 Server. Furthermore, Linux and Windows nodes can interoperate transparently using WMP II. Some key features of WMPI II are: � Full MPI-2 Standard Compliant � Heterogeneous Cluster Support � Thread-safe, OpenMPT Ready � Internally Multithreaded, No Polling � Extensive C++ & Fortran Compiler Support � Remote distributed Installation and Automatic Configuration WMPI II is the high-end of Critical Software's suite of middleware products for HPC, which already include WMPI (based on version 1.2 of the standard) and Patent MPI. These products have achieved high recognition among the HPC community ...

RISC OS 5.20 is available now
RISC OS Open Limited (ROOL) are pleased to announce the immediate release of the latest stable RISC OS ROM release, it incorporates a massive 625 changes for the Tungsten platform (used in the IYONIX pc from Castle Technology) and 654 changes for the OMAP3 platform (used in the ARMini from RComp). For the first time the stable release includes the IOMD platform (used in Acorn's Risc PC, A7000, and A7000+), and users can purchase this on physical ROMs for their computer too. Also available is the associated 'stable' HardDisc4 image which includes the latest Universal boot sequence. You will need to replace your !Boot with the new one before (or at the same time as) upgrading to RISC OS 5.20. You can download RISC OS 5.20 free of charge from the ROOL downloads page: https://www.riscosopen.org/content/downloads/other-zipfiles For more information, please see our announcement here: https://www.riscosopen.org/news/articles/2013/07/24/risc-os-5-20-stable-is-now-available Thanks, the ROOL team -- Stephen Revill, Director www.riscosopen.org RISC OS Open Ltd Sovereign House, 22 Shelley Road, UK company no. 5852060 Worthing, West Sussex, BN11 1TU UK VAT no. 151246242 _______________________________________________________________ a.m.conroy@argonet.co.uk, Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce. Submissions to csaa@owlart.net Related mail to csaa-request@owl...

[News] Puppy Linux Now Based on Ubuntu (Puppy Linux 5.0), Reviewed

Potential Wikipedia WikiProject RISC OS (WikiProject Computing
Why don't we further coordinate the Wikipedia articles related to RISC OS? It'd be quite a task but wouldn't require a great deal in the way of technical skills. There's a lot of knowledge and discussion around but unfortunately it doesn't all seem to make it onto Wikipedia. (Please note that I'm *not* suggesting that detailed wiki pages from riscos.info and the PRMs, etc. be migrated to Wikipedia!) I know that a good number of people contribute at some length to Wikipedia, and there are some concerted efforts to coordinate things. However, I'm sure there's st...

Official RISC OS release for the IYONIX now available
RISC OS 5.16 for the IYONIX pc is now available from the RISC OS Open site. You can read more here: https://www.riscosopen.org/news/articles/2010/01/23/new-iyonix-rom-release-version-5-16 This new official release includes a large number of bug fixes and improvements which have been contributed by the developer community since the previous official release back in April 2009. It has been tested by both Castle Technology and RISC OS Open. It can be downloaded in two flavours: * softload - for testing for a while before committing to the next option * flash programmer - to p...

RISC OS compatible A3 Scanner now available
CJE Micro's are pleased to announce that, working in conjunction with David Pilling, they are now able to offer a RISC OS compatible A3 flatbed scanner. The scanner offers both USB and SCSI connections to allow it to be used across the full range of RISC OS computers. The scanner offers an optical resolution of 600x1200dpi in 48bit colour and comes with the necessary TWAIN driver for RISC OS. Epson GT15000 Specifications: * Optical Resolution: 600 dpi x 1200 dpi * Interpolated Resolution: 9600 dpi x 9600 dpi * Resolution: 16-bit (64K grey levels) / 48-bit colour * External Resolution: 8-...

[Announce] Linux 2.6.20 on MicroBlaze now available
Hi folks, Just a quick announcement that PetaLogix has released version 0.20 of our PetaLinux environment, which includes Linux kernel 2.6.20 support for MicroBlaze (2.4.31 kernel is also available and supported). It's a free download from http://developer.petalogix.com along with pages and pages of documentation, getting started and tutorial guides. Both the kernel and u-boot bootloader are automatically configured by our autoconfig BSP generation tools (included for free), so board bringup is a snap. PetaLinux contains kernel, library and application sources, GCC tools, hardw...

RISC OS Select 4 changelogs now available on line.
RISCOS Ltd PRESS RELEASE 25/10/06 --------------------------------- RISC OS Select 4 Changelogs available online. RISCOS Limited are delighted to announce that the RISC OS Changelogs for Select 4 are now available on line. The documentation describes the changes which have occurred to RISC OS, both since the beginning of the Select scheme, and since the last release (Select 3i4 / Adjust 1i2). A large number of changes have been made to RISC OS since the Select scheme began. With each release we have endeavoured to provide details to our subscribers and the general public of the components wh...

ANNOUNCE: developer (C, Tcl/Tk) variation of Puppy Linux available
iCanProgram has been offering nofee online courses (http:// www.icanprogram.com/nofeecourses.html) in Introduction to Linux Programming since 2001. This course includes an introduction to Tcl/ Tk programming on Linux and progresses right the way up to Linux programming with the SIMPL-Tcl/Tk toolkit (http://www.icanprogram.com/ simpl). One of my recent iCanProgram students has worked up a variation of Puppy Linux which includes GCC toolchain, RCS, Tcl/Tk and SIMPL. He has been able to cram all this into a distro of 250M in size. He has been able to install this on a memory stick and use it to do all the iCanProgram: Intro to Linux Programming lessons. He has made this version available for others at: http://www.icanprogpup.tuxfamily.org/ I'm impressed at how snappy this works as a liveCD on my old clunker of a machine here. bob ...

Announcement: DR-DOS SYS v3.5 is now available for download!
Hi folks! I have uploaded the new version 3.5 of the SYS command packages for DR-DOS 7.01.07. This version should fix the problem with MS-DOS/Windows destroying DR-DOS partitions, and features support for future kernels. It is still experimental, so use it with care. If you encounter any bugs or other problems, please report them in the new Enhanced DR-DOS Forum at http://www.senac.com/forums/16612/ . As usual, you can download both source and binary packages from the website listed below. Udo -- The DR-DOS/OpenDOS Enhancement Project - http://www.drdosprojects.de -- This ma...

GCC 3.4.4 Release 2 for RISC OS now available
GCC is a free collection of compilers that provide the user with a powerful tool for translating C, C++ and Fortran source into fast ARM assembler that is suitable for execution on RISC OS. GCCSDK is a portable build environment for creating ARM executables to be run natively on RISC OS. The build environment is designed to be hosted on a Unix-like system, such as GNU/Linux, FreeBSD or Windows (under Cygwin). See <URL:http://gccsdk.riscos.info/> for download information. This is release 2 of GCC 3.4.4 for RISC OS, and includes substantial improvements over previous versions both in th...

Announcing YES Linux 2.2 Build 1 available now! (fwd)
---------- Forwarded message ---------- YES Linux Release Team would like to announce the immediate availability of YES Linux 2.2 Build 1. This is the second build of the YES Linux 2.2 Version. This release features more updates to features than to new features such as bind-utils, php, openssh, sudo, and mod_security (IDS). Two of the new features are the transparent integration of PGP to squirrelmail and inclusion Hierachical Token Bucket (HTB). YES Linux can be downloaded from * http://www.yeslinux.org/iso/ * BitTorrent Network http://www.tlm-project.org/torrents/yeslinux * Our mirrors http://www.yeslinux.org/iso/mirrors.php A list of installed applications are available at http://www.yeslinux.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=346. The major changes YES Linux 2.2.1: -------------------------- addition: added htb added gpg-squirrelmail ------------------------- updates: updated bind-utils updated curl updated mod_security updated less updated openssh updated pear - DB updated php - added multi-byte support and mailparse support updated yes-mail - added password change form & added gpg for squirrelmail updated iptables updated yes-intro - fixed broken link on welcome page added email change password updated yes-configuration - added reconfigure ipAddress or full network settings updated sudo updated yes-security - added gpg configuration for squirrelmail updated yes-djbdns-dnscache - disable logging ----------...

So now the source for RISC OS is somewhat available, what say we take a leaf out of Apples book an abolish most of it.
So now the source for RISC OS is somewhat available, what say we take a leaf out of Apples book an abolish most of it. Get our selves a decent credible modern kernel, say FreeBSD for example, (well it worked for apple) port the minimum amount of RISC OS possible to build our desktop on a new OS and on a new cpu say x86 or AMD64. With any luck all the standard RISC OS library could be built for a new CPU to ease the porting of applications to native x86 RISC OS. The Virtual acorn guys can sell an add-on for binary emulation of legacy ARM applications. As it's the BSD license ROL can package a bootable ISO manuals, support etc, Castle could build an ARM version for their hardware. Then you could take a brand new clone that's at least 3 or 4 times faster then any new ARM machine is going to be, and run the desktop you still think is the most efficient and productive every written. Not only that but once you take ARM out of the picture you can start to see a possibility that we have not had for a very long time, new adopters. It's a road map that has worked very well for Apple, it solves a large number of issues that we have with the status quo, and provided hope for a future for the environment. Easier said than done I don't dispute, but worth thinking about. Alan In message <1160106350.196372.193870@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com> "Alan Williams" <ajw@genesis.net.au> wrote: > So now the source for RISC OS is somewhat ...

"RISC OS Classic ROMs Collection CD" now available from RISCOS Ltd
RISCOS Ltd Press Release 03/03/11 "RISC OS Clasic ROM Collection CD" for use with Emulators now available from RISCOS Ltd. --------------------------------------------------------------------------- RISCOS Ltd has today announced the immediate availability of the new "RISC OS Classic ROM Collection CD" for use with Emulators (Virtual Computers). The CD costs just £10 and provides fully authorised RISC OS ROM images and supporting Floppy Disc images. The CD provides ROM images and Floppy Disc data for:- Arthur 0.30 Arthur 1.20 RISC OS 2.00 RISC OS 2.01 RISC OS 3.00 RISC OS 3.10 RISC OS 3.11 RISC OS 3.50 RISC OS 3.60 RISC OS 3.70 RISC OS 3.71 RISCOS Ltd Managing Director Paul Middleton explained that .. "We have received lots of requests to provide a source for officially checked and approved older RISC OS ROM images for use with Emulators. Many people want to be able to relive the original classic Acorn Computers experience from the A300 series onwards. This CD now provides a full set of ROMs and associated floppy disc images for those users to enjoy again." The costs of the "RISC OS Classic ROM Collection CD" are:- Download version - £10 from website (from Monday) CD version by post £11.50 in the UK and £12.50 overseas. CD collection at the Show £10. Orders can be placed by telephone 02920 619942 or by email to sales@riscos.com <mailto:sales@riscos.com> or by fax to 02920 213156. CDs will be ...

FS: Acorn Risc PC (with RISC OS 4.29)
I am selling my Risc PC on EBay. From reading the FAQ it seems it's ok to advertise hardware on c.a.s.apps, hopefully no one objects. The machine is a good spec, and runs RISC 0S 4.29. It also has a really great software bundle, particularly if you are into graphics. A quick overview: Machine Spec Risc PC 600, RISC OS 4.29, StrongARM, 48MB RAM (44 free), 2MB VRAM, 6GB HDD, CD-ROM drive, Ethernet fitted. (Software highlights: TopModel2, Artworks, Composition (Compo), Photodesk, Studio 24 Pro, Impression Style, Writer, Easy C++, OmniClient, LanMan 98, ANT Internet Suite I & II, many ga...

"RISC OS Now" Discussion Forum now up and running
I've great pleasure in announcing the availability of a dedicated discussion forum for RISC OS Now subscribers. This is a private, subscribers only, area on my own Vigay.com discussion forum at http://forum.vigay.com/ Over the next couple of days, RISC OS Now editor, Louie Smith will be creating accounts and sending out usernames and passwords to everyone who subscribed to RISC OS Now at the Southeast Show last weekend. If you've not received your details within the next couple of days, please contact Louie at editor@riscosnow.com Once you receive your account details you can login...

ANNOUNCE: Avatox 1.6 now available (now with built-in XSLT)
Avatox (Ada, Via Asis, To Xml) is an application that traverses Ada compilation units and outputs their ASIS representation(s) as XML document(s) in the Avatox Xml Format, AXF, with file extension "axf". The format of the XML in the document can be configured, and supplemental source annotations can be generated. The ability to perform XSL stylesheet transformations is now built-in so that transformations can be immediately performed on the generated AXF files. Changes since version 1.5: - Added built-in support for XSL transformations by specifying a stylesheet and associ...

RISC OS NOW
Well, Louie/Paul, I did try to send you an email to subscribe, but it bounced back with the following message: > The original message was received at Sun, 17 Sep 2006 12:50:11 +0100 > from vila.orpheusnet.co.uk [194.93.128.82] > > ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors ----- > <editor@riscosnow.co.uk> > (reason: 554 5.4.6 Too many hops) > > ----- Transcript of session follows ----- > 554 5.4.6 Too many hops 26 (25 max): from <*******> via localhost, to > <editor@riscosnow.co.uk> (I have deleted the email address I...

[News] Apple TV Can Now Boot Linux; New Linux Filesystem Available
New bootloader to boot Linux ,----[ Quote ] | Scott Davilla of the atv-bootloader project has informed me that a new | bootloader for Apple TV to boot Linux is now available. With this version, | kernel patches to the EFI are no longer required. Also, atv-bootloader can | now boot Linux from any mass storage device (including external USB device). `---- http://www.appletvhacks.net/2008/04/28/new-bootloader-to-boot-linux/ Btrfs v0.14 Released ,----[ Quote ] | Btrfs v0.14 is now available for download. Please note the disk format has | changed, and it is not compatible with older ver...

Wanted: Acorn/RISC OS Browser & Mail Client Recommendations for RISC PC
Does anyone know if either Firefox 2 or Pluto will run - albeit somewhat slowly - on a RISC PC with RISC OS 6? Will Firefox 2 or Pluto function on pre-RISC OS 6 platforms? If the answer is 'no' to all the above then what Acorn/RISC OS Browsers & Mail Clients are recommended for use on the RISC PC? At the moment I am using NetSurf 1v1 and have no mail client ... the formatting of some web-pages by NetSurf leaves a lot to be desired - including the comp.sys.acorn.misc discussion listings ... I am currently using a Kinetic RISC OS 4.37/RISC OS Select 3i3 (11 Aug 2003) RISC PC. ...

Firefox and RISC OS
This is a long message, and necessarily so as to present an understandable picture, and even given the length I've left out information in order to keep the length down. Please try and read all of it, and all the referenced URLs before replying publicly or privately. As many of you know, I have been working on many ports, or conversions of software from other platforms for the last few years under the guise of the Unix Porting Project and other related work including the GCCSDK project (GCC for RISC OS). If you've been following the project closely - as a subscriber or otherwise - y...

Acorn / RISC OS Community
Issue 284 of Qercus/Acorn User will celebrate the 25th anniversary of Acorn User magazine. For that issue we will be including a roundup of those companies, groups, and individuals who are: supporting current development and support of RISC OS; or keeping archives about Acorn or RISC OS. How we present the information (in the magazine and in associated web support pages) depends on the response but we would like to cover a much wider range than that illustrated on the ROOL mousemat. If you develop, publish, retail, or support RISC OS products in any way then we would like to hear from you...

Microsoft Announces Its Own Linux OS
http://itsfoss.com/microsoft-announces-linux-os/ A bit late ;) On 4/16/2015 4:41 PM, Steve Carroll wrote: > http://itsfoss.com/microsoft-announces-linux-os/ > > A bit late ;) Like 15 years too late! http://www.mslinux.org On Thursday, April 16, 2015 at 2:47:09 PM UTC-6, DFS wrote: > On 4/16/2015 4:41 PM, Steve Carroll wrote: > > http://itsfoss.com/microsoft-announces-linux-os/ > > > > A bit late ;) > > > Like 15 years too late! > > http://www.mslinux.org Is that one actually real? On 4/16/2015 4:50 PM, Steve Carroll wrote: > On Thursday, April 16, 2015 at 2:47:09 PM UTC-6, DFS wrote: >> On 4/16/2015 4:41 PM, Steve Carroll wrote: >>> http://itsfoss.com/microsoft-announces-linux-os/ >>> >>> A bit late ;) >> >> >> Like 15 years too late! >> >> http://www.mslinux.org > > Is that one actually real? I think it is :) Try to download and install it... On 16/04/2015 21:51, DFS wrote: > On 4/16/2015 4:50 PM, Steve Carroll wrote: >> On Thursday, April 16, 2015 at 2:47:09 PM UTC-6, DFS wrote: >>> On 4/16/2015 4:41 PM, Steve Carroll wrote: >>>> http://itsfoss.com/microsoft-announces-linux-os/ >>>> >>>> A bit late ;) >>> >>> >>> Like 15 years too late! >>> >>> http://www.mslinux.org >> ...

RISC OS Now #2
What are peoples' opinions of this magazine? I picked up a copy of Qercus at Wakefield and quite enjoyed it but I didn't get RISC OS Now. Andrew In article <1180114606.425473.298270@q69g2000hsb.googlegroups.com>, Andrew W <aw29009@gmail.com> wrote: > What are peoples' opinions of this magazine? > I picked up a copy of Qercus at Wakefield Couldn't exactly miss it could you - I had one thrust in my hand as I entered the show :-) > and quite enjoyed it but I didn't get RISC OS Now. I enjoyed it. Like any magazine it depends on the quality of th...

Web resources about - RISC OS on Puppy Linux Puplet now available - comp.sys.acorn.announce

Apple Tackles E-Waste With iPhone Recycling Robot 'Liam'
At its media event on Monday, Apple kicked off by discussing its efforts to reduce waste and improve its renewable energy infrastructure, marking ...

David Cameron to chair emergency meeting to assess Britain's response to Brussels attacks
The PM (pictured) said he was 'shocked and concerned' by the events in the Belgium capital, which came just four days after the capture of the ...

Happy 20th birthday, Resident Evil!
Twenty years ago today, Resident Evil opened its mansion doors to a whole new genre of video games. It on was March 22, 1996, that we first ...

Hulk Hogan-Gawker jury awards $25M in punitive damages
On Monday, the jury hit Gawker Media with a $15 million judgment and its owner, Nick Denton, with $10 million. It also assessed $100,000 against ...

Andy Grove, tech legend and former Intel CEO, passes away
Intel's former CEO and Chairman Andrew S. Grove has passed away today, March 21st. He was 79 years old. The company owes much of its success ...

'Batman v Superman' will be a key test for Warner's film CEO and a slate of DC Comics films
At an October 2014 investor meeting in New York, Warner Bros. Entertainment Chief Executive Kevin Tsujihara laid out a bold plan to release at ...

FanDuel, DraftKings shut down daily fantasy sports games in New York
By Michael Erman and Karen Freifeld NEW YORK (Reuters) - Top daily fantasy sports companies FanDuel and DraftKings agreed to halt their business ...

Nyle DiMarco Feels The Music In ‘Dancing With The Stars’ Debut, Lands At Top Of Leaderboard
Nyle DiMarco is making Dancing With the Stars history as the show’s first-ever completely deaf contestant, but the 26-year-old model didn’t let ...

Man behind Boaty McBoatface 'sorry' for ship name suggestion, kind of ...
The man who unleashed the creative genius of Boaty McBoatface on the world has issued an apology - of sorts - to the boffins who are searching ...

Tournament chief Moore resigns over controversial comments
(Reuters) - Raymond Moore has stepped down as CEO and tournament director of the BNP Paribas Open following controversial comments he made about ...