Southampton Acorn Users Group - August meeting #2

The next meeting of the Southampton Acorn Users Group will take place
at Itchen College Sports Centre, Deacon Road, Bitterne, Southampton,
on Tuesday August 10th, from 19:00 until 21:00.  We will be in
room G1.  I'll be showing my finished BeagleBoard system.

The sports centre's car park is entered from Deacon Road, opposite
White's Road.

Admission is GBP1 and all are welcome.

Dave

a.m.conroy@argonet.co.uk, Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce.
Submissions to csaa@owlart.net
Related mail to csaa-request@owlart.net
0
davehigton (2157)
8/8/2010 3:45:12 PM
comp.sys.acorn.announce 3750 articles. 2 followers. davehigton (2157) is leader. Post Follow

Southampton Acorn Users Group
I am pleased to announce that the speaker at the next meeting of the Southampton Acorn Users Group will be John-Mark Bell, one of the writers of NetSurf. He will tell us about the history of NetSurf, its current state of development, and some idea of the direction of its likely future development, as well as give us a demonstration of the current version of NetSurf. As anyone who has used a recent version of it will know, NetSurf is a remarkable piece of work. John-Mark's presentation promises to be very interesting. The meeting will take place on Monday October 11th, in Room S1 of Itc...

Southampton Acorn Users Group
The next meeting of the Southampton Acorn Users Group will be on Monday April 11th from 19:00 until 21:00, at Itchen College, Middle Road, Bitterne, Southampton. We'll probably be in room E3. Admission is free and all are welcome. Come along, bring your computers if you like, bring your problems and we'll see if we can solve them! Dave _______________________________________________________________ a.m.conroy@argonet.co.uk, Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce. Submissions to csaa@owlart.net Related mail to csaa-request@owlart.net ...

Southampton Acorn Users Group
Our next meeting is on Monday March 8th in room S1 of Itchen College, Middle Road, Bitterne, Southampton, from 19:00 until 21:00. Admission is free and all are welcome. Please note that the April meeting will be a further 6 weeks away, on the THIRD Monday, because of the timing of Easter. We'll be back to the second Monday as from May. Dave -- n.g.boalch@durham.ac.uk, Backup Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce. Submissions to csaa@owlart.net Related mail to csaa-request@owlart.net ...

Southampton Acorn Users Group
A Happy New Year to all of you! The first meeting in 2005 of the Southampton Acorn Users Group will be on Monday January 10th, from 19:00 until 21:00, at Itchen College, Middle Road, Bitterne, Southampton, from 19:00 until 21:00. Admission is free and all are welcome. Bring along computers etc. I'm not sure which room we'll be in, but if it isn't S1, it won't be far from there. Dave _______________________________________________________________ a.m.conroy@argonet.co.uk, Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce. Submissions to csaa@owlart.net Related mail to csaa-request@ow...

Southampton Acorn Users Group
The April meeting of the Southampton Acorn Users Group will take place on Tuesday April 13th, at Itchen College, Middle Road, Bitterne, Southampton, from 19:00 until 21:00. We should be in room S1 (but if there's any problem, the reserve location is the college's sports centre, at the other end of the building). Admission is GBP1.00 and all are welcome. My BeagleBoard will be available to all of you to try your programmes on. Dave _______________________________________________________________ a.m.conroy@argonet.co.uk, Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce. Submiss...

Southampton Acorn Users Group
The next meeting of the Southampton Acorn Users Group will take place on Tuesday February 12th, at Itchen College, Middle Road, Bitterne, Southampton, from 19:00 until 21:00. Admission is free and all are welcome. We will, as usual, be in the College Centre, which is the open area with tables and chairs, near the Sports Centre Reception. The area is wheelchair accessible, and the College has a bar adjacent. I will be bringing an Iyonix, two BeagleBoards, two Raspberry Pi's, my embedded ARM prototype board (thermostat, hygrometer and thermostat) together with numerous other bits and pieces. You are encouraged to bring your own hardware and software too. I hope to see lots of you there! Dave ____________________________________________________________ FREE 3D EARTH SCREENSAVER - Watch the Earth right on your desktop! Check it out at http://www.inbox.com/earth _______________________________________________________________ a.m.conroy@argonet.co.uk, Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce. Submissions to csaa@owlart.net Related mail to csaa-request@owlart.net ...

Southampton Acorn Users Group
The next meeting of the Southampton Acorn Users Group will take place on Tuesday November 10th, at Itchen College, Middle Road, Bitterne, Southampton, from 19:00 until 21:00. Admission is 50 pence and all are welcome. We will be in room S1. Dave -- n.g.boalch@durham.ac.uk, Backup Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce Submissions to <URL:mailto:csaa@owlart.net> Related mail to <URL:mailto:csaa-request@owlart.net> ...

Southampton Acorn Users Group meeting for September
Now that the nights are well and truly drawing in (hey, we're nearly at the equinox already!), you'll be looking for something to do in the evenings. I have just the thing for you, you lucky people. Come to the Southampton Acorn Users Group meeting on Monday September 12th and see what's going on. Bring any stuff you like with you. The meeting will be at Itchen College, Middle Road, Bitterne, Southampton, from 19:00 until 21:00. The meeting will probably be in room E3. Admission continues to be free, and everybody continues to be welcome. The second Monday of the month looks ...

Southampton Acorn Users Group
The next meeting of the Southampton Acorn Users Group will take place at Itchen College Sports Centre, Deacon Road, Bitterne, Southampton, on Tuesday September 8th, from 19:00 until 21:00. We will be in room G1. Note the (slight!) change in venue. The main college will be closed in the evening on that day; the sports centre, which is at the other end of the college from where we normally meet, is open all year round. The July and August meetings (yes, we had an August meeting!) were in room G1 of the sports centre. The sports centre's car park is entered from Deacon Road, o...

Southampton Acorn Users Group: May meeting
The next meeting of the Southampton Acorn Users Group will take place on Tuesday May 10th, at Itchen College, Middle Road, Bitterne, Southampton, from 19:00 until 21:00. Admission is GBP1 and all are welcome. We will be in room S1. There will be an Iyonix and at least one BeagleBoard on show. I hope to see lots of you there! Dave ...

Southampton Acorn Users Group
The next meeting of the Southampton Acorn Users Group will take place on Tuesday November 8th, at Itchen College, Middle Road, Bitterne, Southampton, from 19:00 until 21:00. Admission is GBP1 and all are welcome. There has been a foul-up with room bookings; my best guess is that we will be in room E4, or very close to it. Certainly we will be in the main part of the college in a ground floor room. I'll be bringing along a BeagleBoard xM, a BeagleBoard and an Iyonix. I'll be demonstrating BeagleBoard "CMOS RAM" that is writable as well as readable. Everybody is welcome to bring along their own hardware and software too. I hope to see lots of you there! Dave -- n.g.boalch@durham.ac.uk, Backup Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce Submissions to <URL:mailto:csaa@owlart.net> Related mail to <URL:mailto:csaa-request@owlart.net ...

Southampton Acorn Users Group
The March meeting of the Southampton Acorn Users Group will take place on Tuesday March 8th, at Itchen College, Middle Road, Bitterne, Southampton, from 19:00 until 21:00. Please note that Tuesday is the college's Open Evening, which has two consequences for us: 1) We will be in the Sports Hall, most likely in room G1; 2) Parking will be difficult. We can reasonably expect that the college's car parks (including the Sports Hall car park) will be full. You may well have to park on the street. Admission is GBP1 and all are welcome. I will be bringing an Iyonix and a BeagleBoard. I will be showing my most recent USB toy and showing a preview of the next one. I hope to see lots of you there! Dave -- n.g.boalch@durham.ac.uk, Backup Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce Submissions to <URL:mailto:csaa@owlart.net> Related mail to <URL:mailto:csaa-request@owlart.net> ...

Southampton Acorn Users Group
The Southampton Acorn Users Group will meet again on Monday October 10th, at Itchen College, Middle Road, Bitterne, Southampton, from 19:00 until 21:00. The room will probably be E1 - but if not, I'm sure it will be close to E1. Admission is free and all are welcome. Dave _______________________________________________________________ a.m.conroy@argonet.co.uk, Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce. Submissions to csaa@owlart.net Related mail to csaa-request@owlart.net ...

Southampton Acorn Users Group
The next meeting of the Southampton Acorn Users Group will take place on Tuesday April 8th, at Itchen College Sports Centre, Deacon Road, Southampton, from 19:00 until 21:00. Admission is free and all are welcome. We will again be in the College Centre, which is the open area with tables and chairs, adjacent to the Sports Centre Reception desk. The car park entrance is accessed from Deacon Road opposite Whites Road. I will be bringing along a selection of RISC OS computers and USB audio devices; you are encouraged to bring any of yours. I hope to see lots of you there! Dave ...

Southampton Acorn Users Group
The next meeting of the Southampton Acorn Users Group will take place on Tuesday June 9th, at Itchen College, Middle Road, Bitterne, Southampton, from 19:00 until 21:00. Admission is 50p and all are welcome. We will be in room S1. The July meeting will be on Tuesday 14th. There will be no August meeting because the college will be closed. I am currently negotiating dates for September to December; I'll update you all when they are finalised. Dave -- n.g.boalch@durham.ac.uk, Backup Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce Submissions to <URL:mailto:csaa@owlart.net> Related mail t...

Southampton Acorn Users Group
A Happy New Year to all of you! The next meeting of the Southampton Acorn Users Group will take place at Itchen College, Middle Road, Bitterne, Southampton, on Tuesday January 10th, from 19:00 until 21:00. We will be in the College Centre, which is the open area adjacent to the reception desk of the Sports Centre. The college does not charge for use of this space, so admission is free. All are welcome. I'm going to have at least one BeagleBoard and an Iyonix there, and you are welcome to bring kit or software of your own along. I hope to see lots of you there on Tuesday! Dave _______________________________________________________________ a.m.conroy@argonet.co.uk, Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce. Submissions to csaa@owlart.net Related mail to csaa-request@owlart.net ...

Southampton Acorn Users Group
A Happy New Year to all! The next meeting of the Southampton Acorn Users Group will take place on Tuesday January 11th, from 19:00 until 21:00, at Itchen College, Middle Road, Bitterne, Southampton. We are booked in room S1 (but, for the last few meetings, due to some sort of booking clash, we have been next door in S2). Admission is GBP1 and all are welcome. I will be bringing along my Iyonix and BeagleBoard. The BeagleBoard has the first working version of code to read from "CMOS RAM". I can also demonstrate building RISC OS for anyone who is interested. I hope to see lots of you there! Dave -- n.g.boalch@durham.ac.uk, Backup Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce Submissions to <URL:mailto:csaa@owlart.net> Related mail to <URL:mailto:csaa-request@owlart.net> ...

Southampton Acorn Users Group
For June's meeting of the Southampton Acorn Users Group, as an experiment, we'll try meeting on Tuesday this time. Several people have remarked that our usual meeting day is difficult for them. So, please remember that the June meeting is different! Tuesday June 12th, Itchen College, Middle Road, Bitterne, Southampton, from 19:00 until 21:00. Admission is free and all are welcome. We'll probably be in room S1 or S2. I hope to see you next Tuesday! Dave _______________________________________________________________ a.m.conroy@argonet.co.uk, Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.anno...

Southampton Acorn Users Group
Well, here we are, past the autumn equinox, and you're wondering what to do in these long dark evenings. Fear not; I have just the thing for you! Come to the next meeting of the Southampton Acorn Users Group. We're back to room S1 of Itchen College, Middle Road, Bitterne, Southampton, and we'll be there on Tuesday October 11th from 19:00 until 21:00. Admission is GBP1 and all are welcome. All being well, I should have a BeagleBoard and a BeagleBoard xM there, plus an Iyonix, and whatever anyone else cares to bring. I will be showing a preview of my new application to flash and re-flash the SD/SDHC/MMC cards of BeagleBoards and BeagleBoards xM. Dave -- n.g.boalch@durham.ac.uk, Backup Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce Submissions to <URL:mailto:csaa@owlart.net> Related mail to <URL:mailto:csaa-request@owlart.net> ...

Southampton Acorn Users Group
Alright, you lot, you've had enough loafing around this summer. It's time to got back into the swing of things. To help you in this task, you should come to the Southampton Acorn Users Group meeting on Tuesday September 11th, at Itchen College, Middle Road, Bitterne, Southampton, from 19:00 until 21:00. Admission is free and all are welcome. There should be at least a couple of things to show you! We should be in or near room S1. It's better than loafing around in front of the TV! Dave -- n.g.boalch@durham.ac.uk, Backup Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce Submissions to <URL:mailto:csaa@owlart.net> Related mail to <URL:mailto:csaa-request@owlart.net> ...

Southampton Acorn Users Group
The next meeting of the Southampton Acorn Users Group will take place on Tuesday September 14th, at Itchen College Sports Centre, Deacon Road, Bitterne, Southampton, from 19:00 until 21:00. Admission is GBP1 and all are welcome. The room booking isn't certain, but will probably be room H1 in the Sports Centre. The college's main car park will be closed; please use the Sports Centre's car park, entrance to which is from Deacon Road opposite the end of Whites Road. I hope to make another announcement with a firmly booked room number, but in any case you can ask at the Sports Centre's reception desk. We can't be far away :-) There will be at least one Iyonix and BeagleBoard there; you are welcome to bring your own kit. Dave -- n.g.boalch@durham.ac.uk, Backup Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce Submissions to <URL:mailto:csaa@owlart.net> Related mail to <URL:mailto:csaa-request@owlart.net> ...

Southampton Acorn Users Group
The next meeting of the Southampton Acorn Users Group will take place on Tuesday December 14th, at Itchen College, Middle Road, Bitterne, Southampton, from 19:00 until 21:00. Admission is GBP1 and all are welcome. We are booked in room S1, but the staff have been holding training sessions in S1 despite our bookings of the last couple of meetings, so we may well find ourselves in S2 again (next door to S1). I'm going to bring the BeagleBoard and Iyonix as usual. I will be demonstrating a couple of things: - building RISC OS; - booting RISC OS on the BeagleBoard with custom "CMOS" settings. I hope to see lots of you there! Dave -- n.g.boalch@durham.ac.uk, Backup Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce Submissions to <URL:mailto:csaa@owlart.net> Related mail to <URL:mailto:csaa-request@owlart.net> ...

Southampton Acorn Users Group
The next meeting of the Southampton Acorn Users Group will take place on Wednesday June 13th, at Itchen College, Middle Road, Bitterne, Southampton, from 19:00 until 21:00. Admission is free and all are welcome. We will be in the College Centre, which is the open area with tables and chairs adjacent to the Sports Centre Reception Desk. I will be bringing along an Iyonix, a BeagleBoard, a BeagleBoard xM and a Raspberry Pi. Anyone else is welcome to bring along their own hardware and software. I hope to see lots of you there! Please note my new email address and update your records; my Pipex one will cease to exist soon. Dave ____________________________________________________________ FREE ONLINE PHOTOSHARING - Share your photos online with your friends and family! Visit http://www.inbox.com/photosharing to find out more! _______________________________________________________________ a.m.conroy@argonet.co.uk, Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce. Submissions to csaa@owlart.net Related mail to csaa-request@owlart.net ...

Southampton Acorn Users Group
The next meeting of the Southampton Acorn Users Group will take place on Wednesday March 14th, in the College Centre of Itchen College, Middle Road, Bitterne, Southampton, from 19:00 until 21:00. The College Centre is the open area adjacent to the Sports Centre Reception desk. Admission is free and all are welcome. There will be an Iyonix, at least one BeagleBoard, and a small embedded ARM board there, plus anything that you care to bring. There may be just an outside chance that my Raspberry Pi board will have been delivered by then; if so, I will bring it. I hope to see lots of you there. Dave _______________________________________________________________ a.m.conroy@argonet.co.uk, Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce. Submissions to csaa@owlart.net Related mail to csaa-request@owlart.net ...

Southampton Acorn Users Group
[Reposted due to poor propagation - Mod.] The February meeting of the Southampton Acorn Users Group will take place on Wednesday February 8th, from 19:00 until 21:00, at Itchen College, Middle Road, Southampton. We will be in the College Centre, which is the open area with tables and chairs, adjacent to the Sports Centre reception desk. Admission is free and all are welcome. Please note: I have moved the date to the second Wednesday of the month, as an experiment. Let's see how it goes. There will be two BeagleBoards, an Iyonix, a small ARM embedded card, and whatever anyone cares to bring with them. I hope to see lots of you there! Dave ...

Web resources about - Southampton Acorn Users Group - August meeting #2 - comp.sys.acorn.announce

Woolston, Southampton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Woolston is a suburb of Southampton , Hampshire, located on the eastern bank of the River Itchen . It is bounded by the River Itchen, Hampshire ...

Southampton FC (@SouthamptonFC) on Twitter

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger blames referee's error for Southampton rout
Arsene Wenger acknowledged Southampton were the sharper team as they crushed Arsenal 4-0, but he also blamed the defeat on bad luck.

English Premier League: Louis Van Gaal under pressure after Manchester United defeat to Southampton
Manchester United manager conceded a tactical mistake on his part contributed to Saturday's 1-0 home Premier League defeat by Southampton.

Southampton duo Koeman and Martina in Premier League heroes - ESPN FC
Nick Ames' Heroes and Villains: Southampton's Ronald Koeman and Cuco Martina are the saints, the Red Devils' Memphis Depay is a sinner.

Southampton hammer West Brom; Newcastle move out of drop zone
Southampton win 3-0 vs. West Brom, while Newcastle move out of the bottom three.

Watch Arsenal Vs. Southampton Live Online: Streaming, Gunners Try To Stay 3rd On Premier League Table ...
Watch Arsenal take on Southampton streaming live online as the Gunners hope to hold on to third place on the Barclays Premier League table, fending ...

Southampton 3-2 Liverpool: Mane at the double as Saints come from two down to stun the Reds
Southampton pulled off a thrilling comeback from two goals down to take three Premier League points from Liverpool at St Mary's Stadium. Saints ...

Soccer: Yoshida scores winner as 10-man Southampton down West Ham
Soccer: Yoshida scores winner as 10-man Southampton down West Ham