Southampton Acorn Users Group - July meeting #2

OK, everybody, let's try Tuesday again - in this case Tuesday
July 10th.  As usual in other respects: Itchen College, Middle
Road, Bitterne, Southampton, from 19:00 until 21:00.  We will
be in or near room S1.  Admission is free and all are welcome.

You should be able to see a 4GB USB drive being read, at least.
If you have any large (>2GB) drives of your own, please bring
them along.  Maybe there will be more stuff to see too.

Don't forget: there will be no August meeting, as the college
will be closed.  Next meeting after this one will be in
September.

Dave

--
n.g.boalch@durham.ac.uk, Backup Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce
Submissions to <URL:mailto:csaa@owlart.net>

0
davehigton (2157)
7/6/2007 9:06:22 AM
comp.sys.acorn.announce 3750 articles. 2 followers. davehigton (2157) is leader. Post Follow

Southampton Acorn Users Group
The next meeting of the Southampton Acorn Users Group will take place at Itchen College Sports Centre, Deacon Road, Bitterne, Southampton, on Tuesday August 10th, from 19:00 until 21:00. We will be in room G1. I'll be showing my finished BeagleBoard system. The sports centre's car park is entered from Deacon Road, opposite White's Road. Admission is GBP1 and all are welcome. Dave _______________________________________________________________ a.m.conroy@argonet.co.uk, Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce. Submissions to csaa@owlart.net Related mail to csaa-request@owlart.net ...

Southampton Acorn Users Group
Our next meeting is on Monday March 8th in room S1 of Itchen College, Middle Road, Bitterne, Southampton, from 19:00 until 21:00. Admission is free and all are welcome. Please note that the April meeting will be a further 6 weeks away, on the THIRD Monday, because of the timing of Easter. We'll be back to the second Monday as from May. Dave -- n.g.boalch@durham.ac.uk, Backup Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce. Submissions to csaa@owlart.net Related mail to csaa-request@owlart.net ...

Southampton Acorn Users Group
The next meeting of the Southampton Acorn Users Group will be on Monday April 11th from 19:00 until 21:00, at Itchen College, Middle Road, Bitterne, Southampton. We'll probably be in room E3. Admission is free and all are welcome. Come along, bring your computers if you like, bring your problems and we'll see if we can solve them! Dave _______________________________________________________________ a.m.conroy@argonet.co.uk, Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce. Submissions to csaa@owlart.net Related mail to csaa-request@owlart.net ...

Southampton Acorn Users Group
A Happy New Year to all of you! The first meeting in 2005 of the Southampton Acorn Users Group will be on Monday January 10th, from 19:00 until 21:00, at Itchen College, Middle Road, Bitterne, Southampton, from 19:00 until 21:00. Admission is free and all are welcome. Bring along computers etc. I'm not sure which room we'll be in, but if it isn't S1, it won't be far from there. Dave _______________________________________________________________ a.m.conroy@argonet.co.uk, Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce. Submissions to csaa@owlart.net Related mail to csaa-request@ow...

Southampton Acorn Users Group
I am pleased to announce that the speaker at the next meeting of the Southampton Acorn Users Group will be John-Mark Bell, one of the writers of NetSurf. He will tell us about the history of NetSurf, its current state of development, and some idea of the direction of its likely future development, as well as give us a demonstration of the current version of NetSurf. As anyone who has used a recent version of it will know, NetSurf is a remarkable piece of work. John-Mark's presentation promises to be very interesting. The meeting will take place on Monday October 11th, in Room S1 of Itc...

Southampton Acorn Users Group
The April meeting of the Southampton Acorn Users Group will take place on Tuesday April 13th, at Itchen College, Middle Road, Bitterne, Southampton, from 19:00 until 21:00. We should be in room S1 (but if there's any problem, the reserve location is the college's sports centre, at the other end of the building). Admission is GBP1.00 and all are welcome. My BeagleBoard will be available to all of you to try your programmes on. Dave _______________________________________________________________ a.m.conroy@argonet.co.uk, Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce. Submiss...

Southampton Acorn Users Group
The next meeting of the Southampton Acorn Users Group will take place on Tuesday November 10th, at Itchen College, Middle Road, Bitterne, Southampton, from 19:00 until 21:00. Admission is 50 pence and all are welcome. We will be in room S1. Dave -- n.g.boalch@durham.ac.uk, Backup Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce Submissions to <URL:mailto:csaa@owlart.net> Related mail to <URL:mailto:csaa-request@owlart.net> ...

Southampton Acorn Users Group meeting for September
Now that the nights are well and truly drawing in (hey, we're nearly at the equinox already!), you'll be looking for something to do in the evenings. I have just the thing for you, you lucky people. Come to the Southampton Acorn Users Group meeting on Monday September 12th and see what's going on. Bring any stuff you like with you. The meeting will be at Itchen College, Middle Road, Bitterne, Southampton, from 19:00 until 21:00. The meeting will probably be in room E3. Admission continues to be free, and everybody continues to be welcome. The second Monday of the month looks ...

Southampton Acorn Users Group
The next meeting of the Southampton Acorn Users Group will take place on Tuesday February 12th, at Itchen College, Middle Road, Bitterne, Southampton, from 19:00 until 21:00. Admission is free and all are welcome. We will, as usual, be in the College Centre, which is the open area with tables and chairs, near the Sports Centre Reception. The area is wheelchair accessible, and the College has a bar adjacent. I will be bringing an Iyonix, two BeagleBoards, two Raspberry Pi's, my embedded ARM prototype board (thermostat, hygrometer and thermostat) together with numerous other bits and pieces. You are encouraged to bring your own hardware and software too. I hope to see lots of you there! Dave ____________________________________________________________ FREE 3D EARTH SCREENSAVER - Watch the Earth right on your desktop! Check it out at http://www.inbox.com/earth _______________________________________________________________ a.m.conroy@argonet.co.uk, Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce. Submissions to csaa@owlart.net Related mail to csaa-request@owlart.net ...

Southampton Acorn Users Group
The next meeting of the Southampton Acorn Users Group will take place at Itchen College Sports Centre, Deacon Road, Bitterne, Southampton, on Tuesday September 8th, from 19:00 until 21:00. We will be in room G1. Note the (slight!) change in venue. The main college will be closed in the evening on that day; the sports centre, which is at the other end of the college from where we normally meet, is open all year round. The July and August meetings (yes, we had an August meeting!) were in room G1 of the sports centre. The sports centre's car park is entered from Deacon Road, o...

Southampton Acorn Users Group
The next meeting of the Southampton Acorn Users Group will take place on Tuesday August 12th (tomorrow!), from 19:00. As Itchen College is closed for summer, we're meeting at my house! Email me if you need directions to get here. Apologies for the very short notice. Louie _______________________________________________________________ a.m.conroy@argonet.co.uk, Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce. Submissions to csaa@owlart.net Related mail to csaa-request@owlart.net ...

Southampton Acorn Users Group: May meeting
The next meeting of the Southampton Acorn Users Group will take place on Tuesday May 10th, at Itchen College, Middle Road, Bitterne, Southampton, from 19:00 until 21:00. Admission is GBP1 and all are welcome. We will be in room S1. There will be an Iyonix and at least one BeagleBoard on show. I hope to see lots of you there! Dave ...

Southampton Acorn Users Group
The next meeting of the Southampton Acorn Users Group will take place on Tuesday December 11th, from 19:00 until 21:00, at Itchen College, Middle Road, Bitterne, Southampton. I believe we will be in room S1. Admission is now 50p and all are welcome. Dave _______________________________________________________________ a.m.conroy@argonet.co.uk, Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce. Submissions to csaa@owlart.net Related mail to csaa-request@owlart.net ...

Southampton Acorn Users Group
The November meeting of the Southampton Acorn Users Group will take place on Tuesday November 20th from 19:00 until 21:00 at Itchen College, Middle Road, Bitterne, Southampton. We should be in room S1. As the college now charges for meeting rooms, I shall have to ask an entrance fee of the grand sum of 50 pence per meeting. I hope this won't put you off :-) The next 4 meeting dates are provisionally: November 20th December 11th January 8th February 12th After this, I'll evaluate whether we should take the second Tuesday as the normal meeting date (instead of our old second Monday). My apologies for the delay in November's meeting. I hope we're now back on track. Dave _______________________________________________________________ a.m.conroy@argonet.co.uk, Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce. Submissions to csaa@owlart.net Related mail to csaa-request@owlart.net ...

Southampton Acorn Users Group
The next meeting of the Southampton Acorn Users Group will take place on Tuesday November 8th, at Itchen College, Middle Road, Bitterne, Southampton, from 19:00 until 21:00. Admission is GBP1 and all are welcome. There has been a foul-up with room bookings; my best guess is that we will be in room E4, or very close to it. Certainly we will be in the main part of the college in a ground floor room. I'll be bringing along a BeagleBoard xM, a BeagleBoard and an Iyonix. I'll be demonstrating BeagleBoard "CMOS RAM" that is writable as well as readable. Everybody is welcome to bring along their own hardware and software too. I hope to see lots of you there! Dave -- n.g.boalch@durham.ac.uk, Backup Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce Submissions to <URL:mailto:csaa@owlart.net> Related mail to <URL:mailto:csaa-request@owlart.net ...

Southampton Acorn Users Group
Well, here we are, past the autumn equinox, and you're wondering what to do in these long dark evenings. Fear not; I have just the thing for you! Come to the next meeting of the Southampton Acorn Users Group. We're back to room S1 of Itchen College, Middle Road, Bitterne, Southampton, and we'll be there on Tuesday October 11th from 19:00 until 21:00. Admission is GBP1 and all are welcome. All being well, I should have a BeagleBoard and a BeagleBoard xM there, plus an Iyonix, and whatever anyone else cares to bring. I will be showing a preview of my new application to flash and re-flash the SD/SDHC/MMC cards of BeagleBoards and BeagleBoards xM. Dave -- n.g.boalch@durham.ac.uk, Backup Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce Submissions to <URL:mailto:csaa@owlart.net> Related mail to <URL:mailto:csaa-request@owlart.net> ...

Southampton Acorn Users Group
The next meeting of the Southampton Acorn Users Group will be on Tuesday October 9th, at Itchen College, Middle Road, Bitterne, Southampton, from 19:00 until 21:00. We will be in room S1. I will be demonstrating Voice over Internet Protocol on my Iyonix. All are welcome; entry is free. Dave -- n.g.boalch@durham.ac.uk, Backup Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce Submissions to <URL:mailto:csaa@owlart.net> Related mail to <URL:mailto:csaa-request@owlart.net> ...

Southampton Acorn Users Group
The next meeting of the Southampton Acorn Users Group will take place on Tuesday June 9th, at Itchen College, Middle Road, Bitterne, Southampton, from 19:00 until 21:00. Admission is 50p and all are welcome. We will be in room S1. The July meeting will be on Tuesday 14th. There will be no August meeting because the college will be closed. I am currently negotiating dates for September to December; I'll update you all when they are finalised. Dave -- n.g.boalch@durham.ac.uk, Backup Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce Submissions to <URL:mailto:csaa@owlart.net> Related mail to <URL:mailto:csaa-request@owlart.net> ...

Southampton Acorn Users Group
The next meeting of the Southampton Acorn Users Group will take place on Tuesday December 9th, at Itchen College, Middle Road, Bitterne, Southampton, from 19:00 until 21:00, in room S1. Admission is 50p and all are welcome. Dave _______________________________________________________________ a.m.conroy@argonet.co.uk, Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce. Submissions to csaa@owlart.net Related mail to csaa-request@owlart.net ...

Southampton Acorn Users Group
The next meeting of the Southampton Acorn Users Group will take place on Tuesday May 13th, at Itchen College, Middle Road, Bitterne, Southampton, in room S1, from 19:00 until 21:00. Admission is 50p each and everyone is welcome. Dave _______________________________________________________________ a.m.conroy@argonet.co.uk, Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce. Submissions to csaa@owlart.net Related mail to csaa-request@owlart.net ...

Southampton Acorn Users Group
The Southampton Acorn Users Group will meet again on Monday October 10th, at Itchen College, Middle Road, Bitterne, Southampton, from 19:00 until 21:00. The room will probably be E1 - but if not, I'm sure it will be close to E1. Admission is free and all are welcome. Dave _______________________________________________________________ a.m.conroy@argonet.co.uk, Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce. Submissions to csaa@owlart.net Related mail to csaa-request@owlart.net ...

Southampton Acorn Users Group
The next meeting of the Southampton Acorn Users Group will take place on Tuesday February 12th, at Itchen College, Middle Road, Bitterne, Southampton, from 19:00 until 21:00. Admission is 50 pence and all are welcome. We should be in room E1. Wes K will be bringing his luggable laptop Risc PC, to which has has recently added a 586 card. We will be able to look at it and inside it at the meeting. Also, if all goes well, I hope to be showing some Network Attached Storage. Dave _______________________________________________________________ a.m.conroy@argonet.co.uk, Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce. Submissions to csaa@owlart.net Related mail to csaa-request@owlart.net ...

Southampton Acorn Users Group
I'm sorry to report that the Southampton Acorn Users Group's November meeting is postponed. This is because (a) I haven't negotiated the meeting room under the College's new terms, and (b) I have to travel on business next week. I apologise for any inconvenience. Please keep a lookout for further news. Dave _______________________________________________________________ a.m.conroy@argonet.co.uk, Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce. Submissions to csaa@owlart.net Related mail to csaa-request@owlart.net ...

Southampton Acorn Users Group
Assuming we haven't been washed away by then (what a summer!), the next meeting of the Southampton Acorn Users Group will take place on Tuesday September 9th, at Itchen College, Middle Road, Bitterne, Southampton, from 19:00 until 21:00. We should be in room S1. Admission is just 50p and all are welcome. I hope to see many of you there! Dave -- n.g.boalch@durham.ac.uk, Backup Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce Submissions to <URL:mailto:csaa@owlart.net> Related mail to <URL:mailto:csaa-request@owlart.net> ...

Southampton Acorn Users Group
The next meeting of the Southampton Acorn Users Group will take place on Tuesday June 14th, at Itchen College, Middle Road, Bitterne, Southampton, from 19:00 until 21:00. We will be in room S1. Admission is GBP1 and all are welcome. I'll be bring an Iyonix and a BeagleBoard. Anyone else is welcome to bring their own systems too. I will be demonstrating writing to the BeagleBoard's SD card. I hope to see lots of you there! Dave -- n.g.boalch@durham.ac.uk, Backup Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce Submissions to <URL:mailto:csaa@owlart.net> Related mail to <URL:mailto:csaa-request@owlart.net> ...

Web resources about - Southampton Acorn Users Group - July meeting #2 - comp.sys.acorn.announce

Woolston, Southampton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Woolston is a suburb of Southampton , Hampshire, located on the eastern bank of the River Itchen . It is bounded by the River Itchen, Hampshire ...

Southampton FC (@SouthamptonFC) on Twitter

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger blames referee's error for Southampton rout
Arsene Wenger acknowledged Southampton were the sharper team as they crushed Arsenal 4-0, but he also blamed the defeat on bad luck.

English Premier League: Louis Van Gaal under pressure after Manchester United defeat to Southampton
Manchester United manager conceded a tactical mistake on his part contributed to Saturday's 1-0 home Premier League defeat by Southampton.

Southampton duo Koeman and Martina in Premier League heroes - ESPN FC
Nick Ames' Heroes and Villains: Southampton's Ronald Koeman and Cuco Martina are the saints, the Red Devils' Memphis Depay is a sinner.

Southampton hammer West Brom; Newcastle move out of drop zone
Southampton win 3-0 vs. West Brom, while Newcastle move out of the bottom three.

Watch Arsenal Vs. Southampton Live Online: Streaming, Gunners Try To Stay 3rd On Premier League Table ...
Watch Arsenal take on Southampton streaming live online as the Gunners hope to hold on to third place on the Barclays Premier League table, fending ...

Southampton 3-2 Liverpool: Mane at the double as Saints come from two down to stun the Reds
Southampton pulled off a thrilling comeback from two goals down to take three Premier League points from Liverpool at St Mary's Stadium. Saints ...

Soccer: Yoshida scores winner as 10-man Southampton down West Ham
Soccer: Yoshida scores winner as 10-man Southampton down West Ham