Southampton Acorn Users Group - November meeting #2

The next meeting of the Southampton Acorn Users Group will take place on
Monday November 8th, from 19:00 until 21:00, at Itchen College, Middle
Road, Bitterne, Southampton.  Admission is free and everyone is welcome.

I won't be at this meeting in person - which will probably improve it no
end - but please come along to this one.  I'll see you all at the
December meeting.

Dave

--
n.g.boalch@durham.ac.uk, Backup Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce
Submissions to <URL:mailto:csaa@owlart.net>

Southampton Acorn Users Group
The next meeting of the Southampton Acorn Users Group will be on Monday April 11th from 19:00 until 21:00, at Itchen College, Middle Road, Bitterne, Southampton. We'll probably be in room E3. Admission is free and all are welcome. Come along, bring your computers if you like, bring your problems and we'll see if we can solve them! Dave _______________________________________________________________ a.m.conroy@argonet.co.uk, Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce. Submissions to csaa@owlart.net Related mail to csaa-request@owlart.net ...

Southampton Acorn Users Group
A Happy New Year to all of you! The first meeting in 2005 of the Southampton Acorn Users Group will be on Monday January 10th, from 19:00 until 21:00, at Itchen College, Middle Road, Bitterne, Southampton, from 19:00 until 21:00. Admission is free and all are welcome. Bring along computers etc. I'm not sure which room we'll be in, but if it isn't S1, it won't be far from there. Dave _______________________________________________________________ a.m.conroy@argonet.co.uk, Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce. Submissions to csaa@owlart.net Related mail to csaa-request@owlart.net ...

Southampton Acorn Users Group
I hope to see lots of you at the June meeting of the Southampton Acorn Users Group, where you will have the chance to see a unique RISC OS computer (there are more specimens of A9Home than this one!) Yes, as widely trailed on the Acorn news portals, our very own Wes has made a native RISC OS portable computer, and he will be bringing it to show us next Monday and explain how he made it. We might also try solving some Su Doku puzzles :-) The meeting will take place, as usual, at Itchen College, Middle Road, Bitterne, Southampton, on Monday June 13th, from 19:00 until 21:00. We will probably be in room E3. Admission is free and everybody is welcome. Dave -- n.g.boalch@durham.ac.uk, Backup Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce Submissions to <URL:mailto:csaa@owlart.net> Related mail to <URL:mailto:csaa-request@owlart.net> ...

Southampton Acorn Users Group
Our next meeting is on Monday March 8th in room S1 of Itchen College, Middle Road, Bitterne, Southampton, from 19:00 until 21:00. Admission is free and all are welcome. Please note that the April meeting will be a further 6 weeks away, on the THIRD Monday, because of the timing of Easter. We'll be back to the second Monday as from May. Dave -- n.g.boalch@durham.ac.uk, Backup Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce. Submissions to csaa@owlart.net Related mail to csaa-request@owlart.net ...

Southampton Acorn Users Group
It's almost upon us again. Monday May 9th, at Itchen College, Middle Road, Bitetrne, Southampton, from 19:00 until 21:00, probably in room E3. Admission is free and everyone is welcome. Dave _______________________________________________________________ a.m.conroy@argonet.co.uk, Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce. Submissions to csaa@owlart.net Related mail to csaa-request@owlart.net ...

Southampton Acorn Users Group
The next meeting of the Southampton Acorn Users Group will take place at Itchen College Sports Centre, Deacon Road, Bitterne, Southampton, on Tuesday August 10th, from 19:00 until 21:00. We will be in room G1. I'll be showing my finished BeagleBoard system. The sports centre's car park is entered from Deacon Road, opposite White's Road. Admission is GBP1 and all are welcome. Dave _______________________________________________________________ a.m.conroy@argonet.co.uk, Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce. Submissions to csaa@owlart.net Related mail to csaa-request@owlart.net ...

Southampton Acorn Users Group
OK, everybody, let's try Tuesday again - in this case Tuesday July 10th. As usual in other respects: Itchen College, Middle Road, Bitterne, Southampton, from 19:00 until 21:00. We will be in or near room S1. Admission is free and all are welcome. You should be able to see a 4GB USB drive being read, at least. If you have any large (>2GB) drives of your own, please bring them along. Maybe there will be more stuff to see too. Don't forget: there will be no August meeting, as the college will be closed. Next meeting after this one will be in September. Dave -- n.g.boalch@durham.ac.uk, Backup Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce Submissions to <URL:mailto:csaa@owlart.net> Related mail to <URL:mailto:csaa-request@owlart.net> ...

Southampton Acorn Users Group
I am pleased to announce that the speaker at the next meeting of the Southampton Acorn Users Group will be John-Mark Bell, one of the writers of NetSurf. He will tell us about the history of NetSurf, its current state of development, and some idea of the direction of its likely future development, as well as give us a demonstration of the current version of NetSurf. As anyone who has used a recent version of it will know, NetSurf is a remarkable piece of work. John-Mark's presentation promises to be very interesting. The meeting will take place on Monday October 11th, in Room S1 of Itc...

Southampton Acorn Users Group meeting for September
Now that the nights are well and truly drawing in (hey, we're nearly at the equinox already!), you'll be looking for something to do in the evenings. I have just the thing for you, you lucky people. Come to the Southampton Acorn Users Group meeting on Monday September 12th and see what's going on. Bring any stuff you like with you. The meeting will be at Itchen College, Middle Road, Bitterne, Southampton, from 19:00 until 21:00. The meeting will probably be in room E3. Admission continues to be free, and everybody continues to be welcome. The second Monday of the month looks good for the remainder of 2005. Dave _______________________________________________________________ a.m.conroy@argonet.co.uk, Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce. Submissions to csaa@owlart.net Related mail to csaa-request@owlart.net ...

Southampton Acorn Users Group
The next meeting of the Southampton Acorn Users Group will take place on Tuesday August 12th (tomorrow!), from 19:00. As Itchen College is closed for summer, we're meeting at my house! Email me if you need directions to get here. Apologies for the very short notice. Louie _______________________________________________________________ a.m.conroy@argonet.co.uk, Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce. Submissions to csaa@owlart.net Related mail to csaa-request@owlart.net ...

Southampton Acorn Users Group
The April meeting of the Southampton Acorn Users Group will take place on Tuesday April 13th, at Itchen College, Middle Road, Bitterne, Southampton, from 19:00 until 21:00. We should be in room S1 (but if there's any problem, the reserve location is the college's sports centre, at the other end of the building). Admission is GBP1.00 and all are welcome. My BeagleBoard will be available to all of you to try your programmes on. Dave _______________________________________________________________ a.m.conroy@argonet.co.uk, Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce. Submiss...

Southampton Acorn Users Group
The next meeting of the Southampton Acorn Users Group will take place at Itchen College Sports Centre, Deacon Road, Bitterne, Southampton, on Tuesday September 8th, from 19:00 until 21:00. We will be in room G1. Note the (slight!) change in venue. The main college will be closed in the evening on that day; the sports centre, which is at the other end of the college from where we normally meet, is open all year round. The July and August meetings (yes, we had an August meeting!) were in room G1 of the sports centre. The sports centre's car park is entered from Deacon Road, o...

Southampton Acorn Users Group
Here, with somewhat more notice than usual, is your reminder of the date of July's meeting of the Southampton Acorn Users Group. The date will be Monday July 11th, from 19:00 until 21:00, and the place will as usual be Itchen College, Middle Road, Bitterne, Southampton. We will probably be in room E3. Admission is free and all are welcome. I hope by then to be able to demonstrate networking with, and backing up to, a Linux box. Any more demonstrations will be welcome. Future dates: don't forget that there will be no August meeting as the college will be closed. Provisionally, the second Mondays in September to December look OK, so the dates for your calendar are: September 12 October 10 November 14 December 12 Hope to see you there! Dave -- n.g.boalch@durham.ac.uk, Backup Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce Submissions to <URL:mailto:csaa@owlart.net> Related mail to <URL:mailto:csaa-request@owlart.net> ...

Southampton Acorn Users Group: May meeting
The next meeting of the Southampton Acorn Users Group will take place on Tuesday May 10th, at Itchen College, Middle Road, Bitterne, Southampton, from 19:00 until 21:00. Admission is GBP1 and all are welcome. We will be in room S1. There will be an Iyonix and at least one BeagleBoard on show. I hope to see lots of you there! Dave ...

Southampton Acorn Users Group
The next meeting of the Southampton Acorn Users Group will take place on Tuesday February 12th, at Itchen College, Middle Road, Bitterne, Southampton, from 19:00 until 21:00. Admission is free and all are welcome. We will, as usual, be in the College Centre, which is the open area with tables and chairs, near the Sports Centre Reception. The area is wheelchair accessible, and the College has a bar adjacent. I will be bringing an Iyonix, two BeagleBoards, two Raspberry Pi's, my embedded ARM prototype board (thermostat, hygrometer and thermostat) together with numerous other bits and pieces. You are encouraged to bring your own hardware and software too. I hope to see lots of you there! Dave ____________________________________________________________ FREE 3D EARTH SCREENSAVER - Watch the Earth right on your desktop! Check it out at http://www.inbox.com/earth _______________________________________________________________ a.m.conroy@argonet.co.uk, Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce. Submissions to csaa@owlart.net Related mail to csaa-request@owlart.net ...

Southampton Acorn Users Group
The next meeting of the Southampton Acorn Users Group will be on Monday March 13th, at Itchen College, Middle Road, Bitterne, Southampton, from 19:00 until 21:00, probably in room E1. I think this meeting will have a distinctly USB flavour :-) Advance news: The April meeting will be on Wednesday April 19th, a big departure from our usual meeting dates, and will feature a presentation by Paul Vigay. More news nearer the time. The May, June and July meetings will be back to the second Monday of the month. Admission is always free, and all are welcome. Dave -- n.g.boalch@durham.ac.uk, Backup Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce Submissions to <URL:mailto:csaa@owlart.net> Related mail to <URL:mailto:csaa-request@owlart.net> ...

Southampton Acorn Users Group
A Happy New Year to all! The next meeting of the Southampton Acorn Users Group will take place on Tuesday January 11th, from 19:00 until 21:00, at Itchen College, Middle Road, Bitterne, Southampton. We are booked in room S1 (but, for the last few meetings, due to some sort of booking clash, we have been next door in S2). Admission is GBP1 and all are welcome. I will be bringing along my Iyonix and BeagleBoard. The BeagleBoard has the first working version of code to read from "CMOS RAM". I can also demonstrate building RISC OS for anyone who is interested. I hope to see lots of you there! Dave -- n.g.boalch@durham.ac.uk, Backup Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce Submissions to <URL:mailto:csaa@owlart.net> Related mail to <URL:mailto:csaa-request@owlart.net> ...

Southampton Acorn Users Group
Well, here we are, past the autumn equinox, and you're wondering what to do in these long dark evenings. Fear not; I have just the thing for you! Come to the next meeting of the Southampton Acorn Users Group. We're back to room S1 of Itchen College, Middle Road, Bitterne, Southampton, and we'll be there on Tuesday October 11th from 19:00 until 21:00. Admission is GBP1 and all are welcome. All being well, I should have a BeagleBoard and a BeagleBoard xM there, plus an Iyonix, and whatever anyone else cares to bring. I will be showing a preview of my new application to flash and re-flash the SD/SDHC/MMC cards of BeagleBoards and BeagleBoards xM. Dave -- n.g.boalch@durham.ac.uk, Backup Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce Submissions to <URL:mailto:csaa@owlart.net> Related mail to <URL:mailto:csaa-request@owlart.net> ...

Southampton Acorn Users Group
The next meeting of the Southampton Acorn Users Group will take place on Tuesday August 9th, in the Sports Centre of Itchen College, Southampton, from 19:00 until 21:00. The entrance to the Sports Centre's car park is from Deacon Road opposite Whites Road. Admission is GBP1 and all are welcome. When I looked into our usual room (G1) this afternoon, it was full of decorator's stuff and scaffolding. Assuming that this is still the case on Tuesday, we will be in the Seminar Room, which is on the first floor, accessible via a lift just by the Sports Centre's reception desk. There will be an Iyonix and a BeagleBoard at the meeting, plus anything that anyone brings along. I hope to be showing a surprise off, too (although it's in the very early stages of development). I hope to see lots of you there! My apologies that the July meeting didn't take place. I was out of the country on business. Dave _______________________________________________________________ a.m.conroy@argonet.co.uk, Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce. Submissions to csaa@owlart.net Related mail to csaa-request@owlart.net ...

Southampton Acorn Users Group
The next meeting of the Southampton Acorn Users Group will take place on Tuesday July 13th, at Itchen College, Middle Road, Bitterne, Southampton, from 19:00 until 21:00. We will be in room S1. Admission is GBP1 and all are welcome. There will, as usual, be a few toys to play with :-) Dave _______________________________________________________________ a.m.conroy@argonet.co.uk, Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce. Submissions to csaa@owlart.net Related mail to csaa-request@owlart.net ...

Southampton Acorn Users Group
The next meeting of the Southampton Acorn Users Group will take place on Tuesday February 12th, at Itchen College, Middle Road, Bitterne, Southampton, from 19:00 until 21:00. Admission is 50 pence and all are welcome. We should be in room E1. Wes K will be bringing his luggable laptop Risc PC, to which has has recently added a 586 card. We will be able to look at it and inside it at the meeting. Also, if all goes well, I hope to be showing some Network Attached Storage. Dave _______________________________________________________________ a.m.conroy@argonet.co.uk, Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce. Submissions to csaa@owlart.net Related mail to csaa-request@owlart.net ...

Southampton Acorn Users Group
The next meeting of the Southampton Acorn Users Group will take place on Tuesday December 11th, from 19:00 until 21:00, at Itchen College, Middle Road, Bitterne, Southampton. I believe we will be in room S1. Admission is now 50p and all are welcome. Dave _______________________________________________________________ a.m.conroy@argonet.co.uk, Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce. Submissions to csaa@owlart.net Related mail to csaa-request@owlart.net ...

Southampton Acorn Users Group
The next meeting of the Southampton Acorn Users Group will take place on Monday December 13th, from 19:00 until 21:00, at Itchen College, Middle Road, Bitterne, Southampton. Admission is free and all are welcome. Bring your computers etc. if you like. Dave _______________________________________________________________ a.m.conroy@argonet.co.uk, Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce. Submissions to csaa@owlart.net Related mail to csaa-request@owlart.net ...

Southampton Acorn Users Group
The Southampton Acorn Users Group will meet again on Monday October 10th, at Itchen College, Middle Road, Bitterne, Southampton, from 19:00 until 21:00. The room will probably be E1 - but if not, I'm sure it will be close to E1. Admission is free and all are welcome. Dave _______________________________________________________________ a.m.conroy@argonet.co.uk, Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce. Submissions to csaa@owlart.net Related mail to csaa-request@owlart.net ...

Southampton Acorn Users Group
April's meeting of the Southampton Acorn Users Group will feature a presentation by Paul Vigay, who will tell us about Orpheus Internet and internet service provision in general. Paul being Paul, I'm sure the discussion will also cover other subjects for which he is well known! The meeting will take place at Itchen College, Middle Road, Bitterne, Southampton, on Wednesday April 19th, from 19:00 until 21:00, probably in room E1. Admission is free and all are welcome. Note that this is a departure from our usual meeting day. We will be back to the second Monday of each month for our May, June and July meetings. For further information, please e-mail me: davehigton@dsl.pipex.com Dave _______________________________________________________________ a.m.conroy@argonet.co.uk, Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce. Submissions to csaa@owlart.net Related mail to csaa-request@owlart.net ...

Web resources about - Southampton Acorn Users Group - November meeting #2 - comp.sys.acorn.announce

Woolston, Southampton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Woolston is a suburb of Southampton , Hampshire, located on the eastern bank of the River Itchen . It is bounded by the River Itchen, Hampshire ...

Southampton FC (@SouthamptonFC) on Twitter

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger blames referee's error for Southampton rout
Arsene Wenger acknowledged Southampton were the sharper team as they crushed Arsenal 4-0, but he also blamed the defeat on bad luck.

English Premier League: Louis Van Gaal under pressure after Manchester United defeat to Southampton
Manchester United manager conceded a tactical mistake on his part contributed to Saturday's 1-0 home Premier League defeat by Southampton.

Southampton duo Koeman and Martina in Premier League heroes - ESPN FC
Nick Ames' Heroes and Villains: Southampton's Ronald Koeman and Cuco Martina are the saints, the Red Devils' Memphis Depay is a sinner.

Southampton hammer West Brom; Newcastle move out of drop zone
Southampton win 3-0 vs. West Brom, while Newcastle move out of the bottom three.

Watch Arsenal Vs. Southampton Live Online: Streaming, Gunners Try To Stay 3rd On Premier League Table ...
Watch Arsenal take on Southampton streaming live online as the Gunners hope to hold on to third place on the Barclays Premier League table, fending ...

Southampton 3-2 Liverpool: Mane at the double as Saints come from two down to stun the Reds
Southampton pulled off a thrilling comeback from two goals down to take three Premier League points from Liverpool at St Mary's Stadium. Saints ...

Soccer: Yoshida scores winner as 10-man Southampton down West Ham
Soccer: Yoshida scores winner as 10-man Southampton down West Ham