f



Acorn Electron hardware wanted

Folks

Forgive what may be an intrusion but if anyone is prepared to sell any Acorn 
Electron hardware in particular an (original L-shaped) Acorn Plus 3, please 
reply to this.

Cheers 


0
1/20/2006 3:30:00 PM
comp.sys.acorn.apps 4795 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

20 Replies
993 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 9

On 20 Jan 2006 as I do recall,
          JCC wrote:

> Folks
> 
> Forgive what may be an intrusion but if anyone is prepared to sell any Acorn 
> Electron hardware in particular an (original L-shaped) Acorn Plus 3, please 
> reply to this.
> 
These are the correct groups, but comp.sys.acorn.hardware might be even
better... :-)

-- 
Harriet Bazley                     ==  Loyaulte me lie ==

Neuroses are red, Melancholia's blue.... I'm schizophrenic, What are you?
0
bazley (1305)
1/20/2006 8:40:43 PM
Harriet Bazley wrote:
> On 20 Jan 2006 as I do recall,
>           JCC wrote:
> 
> 
>>Folks
>>
>>Forgive what may be an intrusion but if anyone is prepared to sell any Acorn 
>>Electron hardware in particular an (original L-shaped) Acorn Plus 3, please 
>>reply to this.
>>
> 
> These are the correct groups, but comp.sys.acorn.hardware might be even
> better... :-)
> 
Oh no, I am not going to sell mine ever! -)-)-)
(Or my beeps or my A310 either)!
They still work(have to replace my A310 battery....)
0
1/21/2006 2:19:35 AM
In article <dqqvnf$4h1$1@newsg2.svr.pol.co.uk>, JCC
<URL:mailto:foneyaddress@anywhere.org> wrote:
> Folks
> 
> Forgive what may be an intrusion but if anyone is prepared to sell any Acorn 
> Electron hardware in particular an (original L-shaped) Acorn Plus 3, please 
> reply to this.
> 
> Cheers 

I have a couple of electrons with the Plus 1 and 2 kits several power
supplies and some games that were packaged for the electron. Contact
me directly if you want a full list as its all in the loft at the moment.

-- 
Paul C.Robinson. Born to be a rebel.
Loves Ice Hockey, my Yamaha XJR1300 and RISC OS computer systems.
Speaking for me myself and I when you see this sig. #8-)
Alternative communication Tel:- (+44) 1708 852225 Fax:- (+44) 8700568378

0
Paul6535 (25)
1/21/2006 2:25:34 PM
Sjouke Burry wrote:
> Harriet Bazley wrote:
>> On 20 Jan 2006 as I do recall,
>>           JCC wrote:
>>
>>
>>> Folks
>>>
>>> Forgive what may be an intrusion but if anyone is prepared to sell 
>>> any Acorn Electron hardware in particular an (original L-shaped) 
>>> Acorn Plus 3, please reply to this.
>>>
>>
>> These are the correct groups, but comp.sys.acorn.hardware might be even
>> better... :-)
>>
> Oh no, I am not going to sell mine ever! -)-)-)
> (Or my beeps or my A310 either)!
> They still work(have to replace my A310 battery....)

Anyone noticed on E-bay recently. Acorn Plus 3s are now worth more than 
most RISC PCs...

Best wishes,

Drew
0
user7 (4036)
1/21/2006 4:09:01 PM
In article <43d25c9e$0$82657$ed2619ec@ptn-nntp-reader03.plus.net>,
   Andrew Hill <user@example.net> wrote:


> Anyone noticed on E-bay recently. Acorn Plus 3s are now worth more than 
> most RISC PCs...

Which makes it worth hanging onto my little collection awhile longer
perhaps.

Lionel

-- 
   /  /         /  ___/       4 children         | Sea Vixen for pugnacity
  /  / ionel A.|   \ mith     9 grandchildren,   | Hunter for elegance
 /  /____     __\   | no wonder life is a breeze | Phantom for clout 
/_______/    /_____/  http://lionels.orpheusweb.co.uk/  |  ZFC B+4+5

Those who give up essential liberties for temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin

0
lionels (537)
1/22/2006 12:39:40 PM
In article <4ded3642ablionels@orpheusnet.co.uk>, Lionel Smith
<lionels@argonet.co.uk> wrote:
> In article <43d25c9e$0$82657$ed2619ec@ptn-nntp-reader03.plus.net>,
>    Andrew Hill <user@example.net> wrote:


> > Anyone noticed on E-bay recently. Acorn Plus 3s are now worth more
> > than most RISC PCs...

> Which makes it worth hanging onto my little collection awhile longer
> perhaps.

Mnn.. I've always wanted a Jupiter Ace to play with but they seem to go
for silly prices.

-- 
Barry A.
0
evanallen (387)
1/22/2006 12:50:33 PM
In article <4ded3741ecevanallen@onetel.net.uk>,
   Barry Allen (news) <evanallen@onetel.net.uk> wrote:

> Mnn.. I've always wanted a Jupiter Ace to play with but they seem to go
> for silly prices.

Snag is, if I popped my cloggs tomorrow, quite likely, my folks would
probably just bin it all. My library should find a good home though,
particularly the maritime history section, not to mention Dawkins, and
others in the sciences and mathematics.

Lionel

-- 
   /  /         /  ___/       4 children         | Sea Vixen for pugnacity
  /  / ionel A.|   \ mith     9 grandchildren,   | Hunter for elegance
 /  /____     __\   | no wonder life is a breeze | Phantom for clout 
/_______/    /_____/  http://lionels.orpheusweb.co.uk/  |  ZFC B+4+5

Those who give up essential liberties for temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin

0
lionels (537)
1/22/2006 9:52:39 PM
On 22 Jan 2006 Lionel Smith <lionels@argonet.co.uk> wrote:

> In article <4ded3741ecevanallen@onetel.net.uk>,
>    Barry Allen (news) <evanallen@onetel.net.uk> wrote:
> 
> > Mnn.. I've always wanted a Jupiter Ace to play with but they seem to go
> > for silly prices.
> 
> Snag is, if I popped my cloggs tomorrow, quite likely, my folks would
> probably just bin it all.

Make a will.

---druck

-- 
The ARM Club Free Software - http://www.armclub.org.uk/free/
The 32bit Conversions Page - http://www.quantumsoft.co.uk/druck/
0
news5843 (7461)
1/22/2006 10:26:06 PM
On Sun, 22 Jan 2006 12:50:33 +0000, Barry Allen (news) wrote:

> In article <4ded3642ablionels@orpheusnet.co.uk>, Lionel Smith
> <lionels@argonet.co.uk> wrote:
>> In article <43d25c9e$0$82657$ed2619ec@ptn-nntp-reader03.plus.net>,
>>    Andrew Hill <user@example.net> wrote:
> 
> 
>> > Anyone noticed on E-bay recently. Acorn Plus 3s are now worth more
>> > than most RISC PCs...
> 
>> Which makes it worth hanging onto my little collection awhile longer
>> perhaps.
> 
> Mnn.. I've always wanted a Jupiter Ace to play with but they seem to go
> for silly prices.

And they don't normally work. And you need to learn FORTH. :-)

Funny thing is that they were being sold off in droves for peanuts
after the company went bust - given the scarcity now I imagine most of the
ex-stock went to landfill...



0
1/23/2006 1:38:30 PM
In article <pan.2006.01.23.13.38.30.310278@remove.this.yahoo.co.uk>,
   Jules <julesrichardsonuk@remove.this.yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> On Sun, 22 Jan 2006 12:50:33 +0000, Barry Allen (news) wrote:

> > Mnn.. I've always wanted a Jupiter Ace to play with but they seem
> > to go for silly prices.

> And they don't normally work. And you need to learn FORTH. :-)

I do know a smattering of FORTH, the BBC B Rom version anyway.

-- 
Barry A.
0
evanallen (387)
1/23/2006 6:47:57 PM
In article <pan.2006.01.23.13.38.30.310278@remove.this.yahoo.co.uk>, Jules
<URL:mailto:julesrichardsonuk@remove.this.yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> On Sun, 22 Jan 2006 12:50:33 +0000, Barry Allen (news) wrote:
> 
> > In article <4ded3642ablionels@orpheusnet.co.uk>, Lionel Smith
> > <lionels@argonet.co.uk> wrote:
> >> In article <43d25c9e$0$82657$ed2619ec@ptn-nntp-reader03.plus.net>,
> >>    Andrew Hill <user@example.net> wrote:
> > 
> > 
> >> > Anyone noticed on E-bay recently. Acorn Plus 3s are now worth more
> >> > than most RISC PCs...
> > 
> >> Which makes it worth hanging onto my little collection awhile longer
> >> perhaps.
> > 
> > Mnn.. I've always wanted a Jupiter Ace to play with but they seem to go
> > for silly prices.
> 
> And they don't normally work. And you need to learn FORTH. :-)

Ah Forth, the first computer language I ever learnt not a lot different from
BASIC IIRC.
I had to write out the program on special paper then go to the punch card
room and punch out all the cards IIRC one card per line!
Then drop the cards! resort them, then hand the cards in and come back two
days later to see the printed out results!
This was 1973 at Woolwich Polytechnic whilst I was doing my Civil
Engineering degree.
 
> Funny thing is that they were being sold off in droves for peanuts
> after the company went bust - given the scarcity now I imagine most of the
> ex-stock went to landfill...

For posterity I kept one program (pack of punch cards) somewhere...

Chris Evans

-- 
CJE Micro's / 4D                'RISC OS Specialists'
Telephone: 01903 523222             Fax: 01903 523679
chris@cjemicros.co.uk     http://www.cjemicros.co.uk/
78 Brighton Road, Worthing, West Sussex,     BN11 2EN
The most beautiful thing anyone can wear, is a smile!

0
chris8168 (2937)
1/25/2006 11:13:37 AM
On 25 Jan 2006 as I do recall,
          Chris Evans wrote:

> In article <pan.2006.01.23.13.38.30.310278@remove.this.yahoo.co.uk>, Jules
> <URL:mailto:julesrichardsonuk@remove.this.yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> > On Sun, 22 Jan 2006 12:50:33 +0000, Barry Allen (news) wrote:

[snip]

> > > Mnn.. I've always wanted a Jupiter Ace to play with but they seem to go
> > > for silly prices.
> > 
> > And they don't normally work. And you need to learn FORTH. :-)
> 
> Ah Forth, the first computer language I ever learnt not a lot different from
> BASIC IIRC.

*Very* different from BASIC - given the use of Reverse Polish notation
for a start, and the fact that it uses a user-managed stack instead of
variables/function definitions....   :-p

I did learn Fig-Forth once because it was faster than BASIC (only about
four times slower than pure machine code).   But it was *not*
user-friendly.

[snip]
> 
> For posterity I kept one program (pack of punch cards) somewhere...
> 
My father once brought me home a punched card with my name punched into
it as a souvenir;  I used it as a bookmark for years!   :-)

-- 
Harriet Bazley                     ==  Loyaulte me lie ==

Reality is for people who can't face science fiction.
0
bazley (1305)
1/25/2006 7:52:20 PM
In message <ant251137b49pErr@client.cjemicros.co.uk>
          Chris Evans <chris@cjemicros.co.uk> wrote:

> Ah Forth, the first computer language I ever learnt not a lot different
> from BASIC IIRC.
> I had to write out the program on special paper then go to the punch card
> room and punch out all the cards IIRC one card per line!
> Then drop the cards! resort them, then hand the cards in and come back two
> days later to see the printed out results!
> This was 1973 at Woolwich Polytechnic whilst I was doing my Civil
> Engineering degree.

It sounds more like FORTRAN than Forth.

Dave
0
davehigton (2157)
1/25/2006 8:18:29 PM
On 25 Jan 2006 Chris Evans <chris@cjemicros.co.uk> wrote:
> In article <pan.2006.01.23.13.38.30.310278@remove.this.yahoo.co.uk>, Jules
> > And they don't normally work. And you need to learn FORTH. :-)
> 
> Ah Forth, the first computer language I ever learnt not a lot different
> from BASIC IIRC.

You sure you aren't thinking of FORTRAN, from which BASIC was derived?
FORTH spawned postscript and is about as easy to understand as the stripped
and compressed variety produced by a modern printer driver. Its often called
a write only language, for good reason.

---druck

-- 
The ARM Club Free Software - http://www.armclub.org.uk/free/
The 32bit Conversions Page - http://www.quantumsoft.co.uk/druck/
0
news5843 (7461)
1/26/2006 1:13:31 AM
In article <44c6ebee4d.davehigton@dsl.pipex.com>, Dave Higton
<URL:mailto:davehigton@dsl.pipex.com> wrote:
> In message <ant251137b49pErr@client.cjemicros.co.uk>
>           Chris Evans <chris@cjemicros.co.uk> wrote:
> 
> > Ah Forth, the first computer language I ever learnt not a lot different
> > from BASIC IIRC.
> > I had to write out the program on special paper then go to the punch card
> > room and punch out all the cards IIRC one card per line!
> > Then drop the cards! resort them, then hand the cards in and come back two
> > days later to see the printed out results!
> > This was 1973 at Woolwich Polytechnic whilst I was doing my Civil
> > Engineering degree.
> 
> It sounds more like FORTRAN than Forth.

Doh! Yes I was wrong again FORTRAN it was.

Chris Evans

-- 
CJE Micro's / 4D                'RISC OS Specialists'
Telephone: 01903 523222             Fax: 01903 523679
chris@cjemicros.co.uk     http://www.cjemicros.co.uk/
78 Brighton Road, Worthing, West Sussex,     BN11 2EN
The most beautiful thing anyone can wear, is a smile!

0
chris8168 (2937)
1/26/2006 12:20:24 PM
In article <ant261224313pErr@client.cjemicros.co.uk>,
   Chris Evans <chris@cjemicros.co.uk> wrote:

> Doh! Yes I was wrong again FORTRAN it was.

easy mistake to make I guess when you don't have it in stock. Acorn FORTH
that is. ;-)

Lionel

-- 
   /  /         /  ___/       4 children         | Sea Vixen for pugnacity
  /  / ionel A.|   \ mith     9 grandchildren,   | Hunter for elegance
 /  /____     __\   | no wonder life is a breeze | Phantom for clout 
/_______/    /_____/  http://lionels.orpheusweb.co.uk/  |  ZFC B+4+5

Those who give up essential liberties for temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin

0
lionels (537)
1/26/2006 10:38:53 PM
In message <6f61e9ee4d.harriet@freeuk.com>
          Harriet Bazley <bazley@feathermail.co.uk> wrote:

> On 25 Jan 2006 as I do recall,

> > For posterity I kept one program (pack of punch cards) somewhere...
> > 
> My father once brought me home a punched card with my name punched into
> it as a souvenir;  I used it as a bookmark for years!   :-)
> 

That makes me feel old! The first commercial computer I was involved with
as a graduate apprentice was an IBM 1401 with a printer, a card reader and
a card punch.�It had 8k characters of core memory (bytes hadn't been
invented), there was no other memory or storage. We did a factory payroll
for 3000 people on it. There was a lot of card handling involved!

I took my first steps with Fortran there when the computer was upgraded to
16k characters - the maximum!

-- 
Franz Werner
0
f.werner (41)
1/27/2006 12:11:57 AM
In article <4def7c76dflionels@orpheusnet.co.uk>,
   Lionel Smith <lionels@argonet.co.uk> wrote:
> In article <ant261224313pErr@client.cjemicros.co.uk>,
>    Chris Evans <chris@cjemicros.co.uk> wrote:

> > Doh! Yes I was wrong again FORTRAN it was.

> easy mistake to make I guess when you don't have it in stock.
> Acorn FORTH that is. ;-)

What?  You've discovered that there's something they *don't* have in
stock?  I shall have to make a note of this...

Oh, and don't forget that "Fortran Friends" will be at the SW Show.

-- 
John Ward in Medway, Kent - using RISC OS since 1987
Now using an Iyonix, an A9home, 2 RiscPCs and Virtual-RPC!
Acorn/RISC OS web page: www.john-ward.org.uk/personal/john/computers
Read my "Councilling RISC OS" series in Qercus, from Issue 276 onward
0
john6145 (907)
1/27/2006 10:16:46 PM
In article <4deffd7bc8john@acornusers.org>, John M Ward
<URL:mailto:john@acornusers.org> wrote:
> In article <4def7c76dflionels@orpheusnet.co.uk>,
>    Lionel Smith <lionels@argonet.co.uk> wrote:
> > In article <ant261224313pErr@client.cjemicros.co.uk>,
> >    Chris Evans <chris@cjemicros.co.uk> wrote:
> 
> > > Doh! Yes I was wrong again FORTRAN it was.
> 
> > easy mistake to make I guess when you don't have it in stock.
> > Acorn FORTH that is. ;-)
> 
> What?  You've discovered that there's something they *don't* have in
> stock?  I shall have to make a note of this...

I keep meaning to have a "what's not in stock' page on our web site ;-)
 
> Oh, and don't forget that "Fortran Friends" will be at the SW Show.
> 


Chris Evans

-- 
CJE Micro's / 4D                'RISC OS Specialists'
Telephone: 01903 523222             Fax: 01903 523679
chris@cjemicros.co.uk     http://www.cjemicros.co.uk/
78 Brighton Road, Worthing, West Sussex,     BN11 2EN
The most beautiful thing anyone can wear, is a smile!

0
chris8168 (2937)
2/3/2006 12:52:26 PM
In article <ant031226b49pErr@client.cjemicros.co.uk>,
   Chris Evans <chris@cjemicros.co.uk> wrote:
> In article <4deffd7bc8john@acornusers.org>, John M Ward
> <URL:mailto:john@acornusers.org> wrote:
> > In article <4def7c76dflionels@orpheusnet.co.uk>,
> >    Lionel Smith <lionels@argonet.co.uk> wrote:
> > > In article <ant261224313pErr@client.cjemicros.co.uk>,
> > >    Chris Evans <chris@cjemicros.co.uk> wrote:
> > 
> > > > Doh! Yes I was wrong again FORTRAN it was.
> > 
> > > easy mistake to make I guess when you don't have it in stock.
> > > Acorn FORTH that is. ;-)
> > 
> > What?  You've discovered that there's something they *don't*
> > have in stock?  I shall have to make a note of this...

> I keep meaning to have a "what's not in stock' page on our web
> site ;-)

Well, it should'nt be a very big exercise...

-- 
John Ward in Medway, Kent - using RISC OS since 1987
Now using an Iyonix, an A9home, 2 RiscPCs and Virtual-RPC!
Acorn/RISC OS web page: www.john-ward.org.uk/personal/john/computers
Read my "Councilling RISC OS" series in Qercus, from Issue 276 onward
0
john6145 (907)
2/3/2006 2:05:22 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

FS: Misc Acorn (and non-Acorn) hardware
Like Peter Naulls yesterday, I'm trying to get rid of my remaining Risc PC and the related hardware. I've put them on eBay. The Acorn-specific items are: Acorn Risc PC StrongARM 233 MHz + Power-tec SCSI http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202188067 i-cubed EtherLan600 for Acorn Risc PC/A7000 http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202186713 Acorn Risc PC power supply, backplane and screws http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202185817 RISC OS Select http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202184767 STD PS2Mouse fo...

Wanted Acorn Electron with SP64
Title says it really. I'm after a working Acorn Electron with Stop Press 64 fitted for a collector friend of mine. I used to have one myself. Basically a firm called Slogger made an Electron Upgrade (soldered in) to increase the memory to 64K of RAM. In addition to this you could then have a graphics package added(again soldered in, it was a tight squeeze !) called Stop Press 64 (often referered to as just SP64). This was quite advanced in its day and even featured a mouse (AMX). So if anyone can lay their hands on one please respond to me with details and price and I'll pa...

Wanted: Original Acorn Electron Plus 3
Hi Guys - new to this ng. If anyone is willing to sell an original (L-shaped) working Acorn Electron Plus 3 (with power supply), please email sunstormrider@hotmail.com and put "Acorn Electron Plus 3" in the subject line so I don't delete it as spam. I've just seen an Electron, Plus 1 and Plus 3 go for over 60 quid on ebay. To me, this seems a ridiculous price for something that's 20 years out of date. Personally I want one for nostalgic reasons but I wouldn't go as high as 60 quid. If someone can supply one for around 30-40 I'd be interested. (Quid=UK po...

Acorn Electron
A bit of history on the silicon.com website: http://hardware.silicon.com/desktops/0,39024645,39127081,00.htm -- Edinburgh Music Theatre presents Godspell www.edinburghtheatre.co.uk 23-26 February 2005, King's Theatre, Edinburgh On 14 Jan 2005 Govind Kharbanda <govind@kharbanda.co.uk> wrote: > A bit of history on the silicon.com website: > http://hardware.silicon.com/desktops/0,39024645,39127081,00.htm As one of the first Electon owners due to skin flint parents, I have to disagree with "in terms of power it matched the BBC B blow for blow", unfortunately this was n...

Acorn
Check it out: www.BrandonsMansion.com ...

Acorn electron motherboard & psu for offer
Greetings I've got an acorn electon motherboard, case and psu that's going spare. All working, just missing the keyboard. Would happily pack and post within the UK for the price of postage - or it could be collected if you're in Aberdeen, Scotland. I'm looking for replacement keyswitches for a late 85 beeb with a brown keyboard pcb. The keyswitches have a rectangular hole in the top as opposed to a cross shaped pillar. Does anyone know where they can be obtained? I've tried RS & maplins to no avail. Tom ...

Acorn Publisher / Acorn User / Qercus
By now some people should have received their copy of Qercus - ie issue 268 of Acorn User or vol 10 issue 1 of Acorn Publisher. The additional printing numbers and distribution is new to us so we're not sure how long it will take to get to all subscribers or to be available in the shops. Some bulk mailings to overseas customers may not go until next week. Our experience so far with the database we inherited from Tau Press is that some customers will receive duplicate copies of the magazine whilst others will not receive one at all. We have been working hard to put right as many errors as ...

Acorn 'Acorn' in Artworks
I don't suppose anyone has, or knows where I can download an Acorn 'Acorn' logo in ArtWorks format do they? I seem to have lost my original file that I used for the Webring graphics at www.vigay.com/cgi-bin/webring?ring=riscos -- Usenet replies: To contact me, visit www.vigay.com/feedback/ Quality Internet, Domain Registration & Hosting - www.orpheusinternet.co.uk/ Life, the Universe, RISC OS Help and Everything - www.vigay.com/ Share and discuss ideas or chat about the above - http://forum.vigay.com/ On 22 Apr 2007 Paul Vigay <invalid-email-address@invalid-domain.co....

For sale: games for Amstrad & Acorn BBC & Acorn Electron & Commodore 64 & Commodore Vic20 & Dragon 32 & Oric & Sinclair ZX81 & Sinclair ZX Spectrum (16k & 48k) & IBM PC (5.25" & 3.5" & CD)
I have many old games, on 5.25" & 3.5" & CD for PC and on tapes for Amstrad & Acorn BBC & Acorn Electron & Commodore 64 & Commodore Vic20 & Dragon 32 & Oric & Sinclair ZX81 & Sinclair ZX Spectrum (16k & 48k). I need to sell some of them. Would you like to buy any? I have bank accounts in the U.K.; the Republic of Ireland; Sweden; Germany; the Netherlands and Italy, so I can accept payment in a number of currencies and in a number of ways. I live at 2461 Via Tosco Romagnola, Titignano, 56023 Cascina (PI), Italy. Send me an email or a lett...

Acorn 'Acorn' in Artworks #2
Oooh. Thanks to the quick support from everyone, especially Paul Sprangers and John McCartney, I now have the logo in ArtWorks format. :-) Most appreciated. Thanks again. -- Usenet replies: To contact me, visit www.vigay.com/feedback/ Quality Internet, Domain Registration & Hosting - www.orpheusinternet.co.uk/ Life, the Universe, RISC OS Help and Everything - www.vigay.com/ Share and discuss ideas or chat about the above - http://forum.vigay.com/ ...

Wanted: Acorn Newletters
Hi, I am adding various Acorn Newsletters to my web site (see http://acorn.chriswhy.co.uk/Documents.html). I have added the ones I have and would like to fill in the gaps, so I looking for: Customer Services Newsletters No. 10, 20 & 23+ Developer Newsletters No. 1 to 17 & 39+ ISV Newsletters ALL Education News 1, 3, 4, 5 & 7+ Higher education News 1 & 3+ and any other Acorn newsletters or other dealer/developer documents. I am of course will to pay, including postage, at a fair price. If you have any to sell (or give me) please email me at: chris (at) chriswhy dot co dot uk...

Acorn?
Hi. Let me get this one right first. I have a Mico and a Strongarm Risc PC. What, if different, is the correct way of describing what I have to the user group? Now:- 1. How many users of Acorn machines are out there? I dont want to know if you/they use PCs as well. 2. I understand that RO ltd. and Castle are the main suppliers of Acorn stuff. Any others,please enlighten. 3. I feel that should the above suppliers (and others?) bury their differences and join to form one company, the resultant combine would be so much stronger and could only benefit the Acorn scene. If, because of self...

Acorn Electron Troubles
Hi all, any Electron guru's here? I have a totally DEAD electron that I would like to repair. It has an Issue 6 mainboard. On switching on, nothing happens. The mains PSU is working fine, the internal PSU is also working as it is putting out +5v, 0V, -5V. The Caps lock LED does not illuminate. There is also no display or startup BEEP. Comparing this board to another of my Issue 6's the IC's 4,5,6,7,11,12 (memory I think) and IC2 ( OS ? ) get's red hot! Wereas my "working" issue 6, only the CPU (IC 3) and memory get "slightly warm which I think is usual. A...

Acorn NC or Acorn NetStation, looking for one.
I am looking for an Acorn NC with ethernet interface! If someone has one, please let me know, and a reasonable price. Complete, with the remote and etc! Thanks! Leonardo leonardo@editek.com In message <1192995978.255456.168910@y27g2000pre.googlegroups.com> leonardo.cohen@gmail.com wrote: > I am looking for an Acorn NC with ethernet interface! If someone has > one, please let me know, and a reasonable price. Complete, with the > remote and etc! I shall be eBaying an NC with ethernet, but no remote, fairly shortly, possibly in the next few weeks. Alan -- RISC O...

Web resources about - Acorn Electron hardware wanted - comp.sys.acorn.apps

Electron affinity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... only, since in a solid or liquid states their energy levels would be changed by contact with other atoms or molecules. A list of the electron ...

Particle’s Electron is a “cellular Arduino” with a global data plan
The Electron, an Arduino-compatible controller that just happens to have a GSM cellular connection built in. (credit: Particle) Particle, a ...

UMC buys equipment from Lam, Tokyo Electron
United Microelectronics (UMC) has purchased a total of NT$1.96 billion (US$58.4 million) worth of equipment from Lam Research and Tokyo Electron ...

Particle's Electron board lets anyone make 3G internet devices
As sweet as it might be to dream of making your own Internet of Things device, there's one big problem: keeping it online at all times. How do ...

2016 Kia Sorento Long-Term Update #5: Electron Roundup
Our 2016 Kia Sorento long-term test vehicle shows its first quirks, as we explore UVO eSystems and connectivity.

Electron "Lifespan" is at Least 5 Quintillion Times the Age of the Universe
Basic physics suggests that electrons are essentially immortal. A fascinating experiment recently failed to overthrow this fundamental assumption. ...

Particle Electron – The Solution To Cellular Things
... Core and Particle Photon WiFi development kits, released the first juicy tidbits for a very interesting piece of hardware. It was the Electron, ...

Particle's Electron board lets anyone make 3G internet devices
You only need a little cash and and an eagerness to learn.

Study reveals shared behavior of microbes and electrons
here are certain universal patterns in nature that hold true, regardless of objects’ size, species, or surroundings. Take, for instance, the ...

Watching electrons cool in 30 quadrillionths of a second
Scientists have developed a new way of seeing electrons cool off in an extremely short time period.

Resources last updated: 2/12/2016 3:11:34 AM