Canon i560 printer

I have a problem similar to Gillian Bobbett's with her iP4200 printer,
except mine is a Canon i560.

If I scan a document with my Mustek 800 scanner, and save it as a sprite
file, and then drag it into an Impression page, it appears perfectly on
the screen.

When I tell it to print using FastSpool+ the printer light flashes as
usual as it loads the info into the printer, but it feeds no paper, and
when it has finished loading the info, nothing happens, and I get no
print.

The only way I can get it to print is to save it as a JPEG, put it into
Artworks and then drag it into Impression, or to use "translator", and
re-save it as a sprite, which then prints in Impression.

I tried clicking the "Printers" icon before printing but that has no
effect, and if I type "*Show Printer$Path" it just says "FastSpool+".

Any ideas?
                Alan Griffin

0
ajg1 (372)
3/16/2008 12:07:33 PM
comp.sys.acorn.apps 4795 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

In message <4f80f2b241ajg@argonet.co.uk>
          Alan Griffin <ajg@argonet.co.uk> wrote:

> If I scan a document with my Mustek 800 scanner, and save it as a sprite
> file

From which application do you save it?

> and then drag it into an Impression page, it appears perfectly on
> the screen.

> When I tell it to print using FastSpool+ the printer light flashes as
> usual as it loads the info into the printer, but it feeds no paper, and
> when it has finished loading the info, nothing happens, and I get no
> print.

> The only way I can get it to print is to save it as a JPEG, put it into
> Artworks and then drag it into Impression, or to use "translator", and
> re-save it as a sprite, which then prints in Impression.

If reprocessing the sprite helps then this suggests that the problem
must be caued by the exact format of the original sprite file. What
are the file sizes before and after reprocessing the sprite file?

Martin
Martin Wuerthner         MW Software      http://www.mw-software.com/
   ArtWorks 2 -- Designing stunning graphics has never been easier
spamtrap@mw-software.com      [replace "spamtrap" by "info" to reply]
0
spamtrap3075 (2307)
3/16/2008 1:29:04 PM
In article <9128fa804f.martin@bach.planiverse.com>,
   Martin Wuerthner <spamtrap@mw-software.com> wrote:
> > If I scan a document with my Mustek 800 scanner, and save it as a
> > sprite file

> From which application do you save it?

!DplngScan

> > and then drag it into an Impression page, it appears perfectly on the
> > screen.

> > When I tell it to print using FastSpool+ the printer light flashes as
> > usual as it loads the info into the printer, but it feeds no paper,
> > and when it has finished loading the info, nothing happens, and I get
> > no print.

> > The only way I can get it to print is to save it as a JPEG, put it
> > into Artworks and then drag it into Impression, or to use
> > "translator", and re-save it as a sprite, which then prints in
> > Impression.

> If reprocessing the sprite helps then this suggests that the problem
> must be caued by the exact format of the original sprite file. What
> are the file sizes before and after reprocessing the sprite file?

The original is 648 kb and the reprocessed one is 20.6 Mb!

Alan

0
ajg1 (372)
3/16/2008 11:19:07 PM
In article <9128fa804f.martin@bach.planiverse.com>, Martin Wuerthner
<spamtrap@mw-software.com> wrote:
> > When I tell it to print using FastSpool+ the printer light flashes as
> > usual as it loads the info into the printer, but it feeds no paper,
> > and when it has finished loading the info, nothing happens, and I get
> > no print.

> > The only way I can get it to print is to save it as a JPEG, put it
> > into Artworks and then drag it into Impression, or to use
> > "translator", and re-save it as a sprite, which then prints in
> > Impression.

> If reprocessing the sprite helps then this suggests that the problem
> must be caued by the exact format of the original sprite file. What
> are the file sizes before and after reprocessing the sprite file?

I've just tried using the old ImgMaster and that prints O.K.!
It occurred to me that I might not have the latest version of DplngScan,
so I have just downloaded it.
It still will not print.

Alan Griffin

0
ajg1 (372)
3/17/2008 12:14:14 AM
In message <4f813539abajg@argonet.co.uk>
          Alan Griffin <ajg@argonet.co.uk> wrote:

> In article <9128fa804f.martin@bach.planiverse.com>, Martin Wuerthner
> <spamtrap@mw-software.com> wrote:
>>> When I tell it to print using FastSpool+ the printer light flashes as
>>> usual as it loads the info into the printer, but it feeds no paper,
>>> and when it has finished loading the info, nothing happens, and I get
>>> no print.

>>> The only way I can get it to print is to save it as a JPEG, put it
>>> into Artworks and then drag it into Impression, or to use
>>> "translator", and re-save it as a sprite, which then prints in
>>> Impression.

>> If reprocessing the sprite helps then this suggests that the problem
>> must be caued by the exact format of the original sprite file. What
>> are the file sizes before and after reprocessing the sprite file?

> I've just tried using the old ImgMaster and that prints O.K.!
> It occurred to me that I might not have the latest version of DplngScan,
> so I have just downloaded it.
> It still will not print.

I guess, this is down to different choices settings. Compare the two
files produces by DPlngScan and ImgMaster. They probably use different
colour depths. What does the graphics info dialogue box in Impression
say about them?

Martin
Martin Wuerthner         MW Software      http://www.mw-software.com/
   ArtWorks 2 -- Designing stunning graphics has never been easier
spamtrap@mw-software.com      [replace "spamtrap" by "info" to reply]
0
spamtrap3075 (2307)
3/17/2008 8:52:00 AM
In message <4f81302e0fajg@argonet.co.uk>
          Alan Griffin <ajg@argonet.co.uk> wrote:

> In article <9128fa804f.martin@bach.planiverse.com>,
>    Martin Wuerthner <spamtrap@mw-software.com> wrote:

>> If reprocessing the sprite helps then this suggests that the problem
>> must be caued by the exact format of the original sprite file. What
>> are the file sizes before and after reprocessing the sprite file?

> The original is 648 kb and the reprocessed one is 20.6 Mb!

Check what Impression displays in its graphics info window for each
file. That will tell you what the difference is.

Martin
Martin Wuerthner         MW Software      http://www.mw-software.com/
   ArtWorks 2 -- Designing stunning graphics has never been easier
spamtrap@mw-software.com      [replace "spamtrap" by "info" to reply]
0
spamtrap3075 (2307)
3/17/2008 8:52:58 AM
In article <b4b764814f.martin@bach.planiverse.com>,
   Martin Wuerthner <spamtrap@mw-software.com> wrote:
> > In article <9128fa804f.martin@bach.planiverse.com>,
> >    Martin Wuerthner <spamtrap@mw-software.com> wrote:

> >> If reprocessing the sprite helps then this suggests that the problem
> >> must be caued by the exact format of the original sprite file. What
> >> are the file sizes before and after reprocessing the sprite file?

> > The original is 648 kb and the reprocessed one is 20.6 Mb!

> Check what Impression displays in its graphics info window for each
> file. That will tell you what the difference is.

DplngScan:  Colours: 1bpp 2colours
ImgMaster:  Colours: Black & White

Alan Griffin

0
ajg1 (372)
3/17/2008 1:59:53 PM
On 17 Mar, ajg@argonet.co.uk wrote:
> > Check what Impression displays in its graphics info window for each
> > file. That will tell you what the difference is.

> DplngScan:  Colours: 1bpp 2colours
> ImgMaster:  Colours: Black & White

I have just checked the Paint info on the sprites.
DplngScan: Colours: 2
ImgMaster: Mode 25  (no mention of colours)

Alan Griffin

0
ajg1 (372)
3/17/2008 2:21:08 PM
In message <4f8180d0d7ajg@argonet.co.uk>
          Alan Griffin <ajg@argonet.co.uk> wrote:

> In article <b4b764814f.martin@bach.planiverse.com>,
>    Martin Wuerthner <spamtrap@mw-software.com> wrote:

>>> The original is 648 kb and the reprocessed one is 20.6 Mb!

Yes, that is because you used Translator to expand a 1bpp (2 colour)
sprite to a 32bpp (16 million colour) sprite.

>> Check what Impression displays in its graphics info window for each
>> file. That will tell you what the difference is.

> DplngScan:  Colours: 1bpp 2colours
> ImgMaster:  Colours: Black & White

The difference between the two is actually whether the 2 colour sprite
has a palette ("Black & White") or not ("2 colours"). So, for some
reason, your version of Impression fails to print 2 colour sprites
without a palette. That does ring a bell - there were known bugs
associated with 2 colour sprites without a palette in various versions
of Impression. It is well possible that some problems are still there.
Publisher 4.11 prints both types of sprites fine here.

So, the bottom line seems to be that in order to print a 2 colour
sprite using your copy of Impression you need to make sure that it has
a palette. You can do that in Paint by enabling "Edit => Palette" (old
Paint) or "Colours => User palette" (Select Paint) and resaving. I am
sure you can also do it in DPlngScan before saving.

Martin
Martin Wuerthner         MW Software      http://www.mw-software.com/
   ArtWorks 2 -- Designing stunning graphics has never been easier
spamtrap@mw-software.com      [replace "spamtrap" by "info" to reply]
0
spamtrap3075 (2307)
3/19/2008 10:48:19 AM
In article <39f376824f.martin@bach.planiverse.com>,
   Martin Wuerthner <spamtrap@mw-software.com> wrote:
> > DplngScan:  Colours: 1bpp 2colours
> > ImgMaster:  Colours: Black & White

> The difference between the two is actually whether the 2 colour sprite
> has a palette ("Black & White") or not ("2 colours"). So, for some
> reason, your version of Impression fails to print 2 colour sprites
> without a palette. That does ring a bell - there were known bugs
> associated with 2 colour sprites without a palette in various versions
> of Impression. It is well possible that some problems are still there.
> Publisher 4.11 prints both types of sprites fine here.

I'm using Publisher 4.11 !

> So, the bottom line seems to be that in order to print a 2 colour
> sprite using your copy of Impression you need to make sure that it has
> a palette. You can do that in Paint by enabling "Edit => Palette" (old
> Paint) or "Colours => User palette" (Select Paint) and resaving. I am
> sure you can also do it in DPlngScan before saving.

Both the files from DplngScan and ImgMaster have "palette" ticked!
If I untick them, the colours reverse, and I get white writing on a black
background.

Alan

0
ajg1 (372)
3/19/2008 12:21:43 PM
In message <4f827f7ffaajg@argonet.co.uk>
          Alan Griffin <ajg@argonet.co.uk> wrote:

> In article <39f376824f.martin@bach.planiverse.com>,
>    Martin Wuerthner <spamtrap@mw-software.com> wrote:
>>> DplngScan:  Colours: 1bpp 2colours
>>> ImgMaster:  Colours: Black & White

>> The difference between the two is actually whether the 2 colour sprite
>> has a palette ("Black & White") or not ("2 colours"). [...]
>
> Both the files from DplngScan and ImgMaster have "palette" ticked!
> If I untick them, the colours reverse, and I get white writing on a black
> background.

If both have a palette there is another possibility that can explain
the difference. DPlngScan has the habit (read: default options) of
saving files in "new" sprite format. Traditionally, "new" sprite
format (introduced with RISC OS 3.5) is only used for 32k and 16M
colour files for reasons of backward compatibility and not for sprites
with 256 colours or less. ArtWorks cannot read "new" format sprites
with 256 colours or less at all, so I would not be surprised if
Impression had problems with them as well.

To check this, drag the file from DPlngScan to ArtWorks and it will
probably display an error message. If so, then untick the "New format"
option in your copy of DPlngScan. That should reverts DPlngScan's
behaviour to that of ImgMaster and allow the sprites to be printed by
Impression without any conversion inbetween.

Martin
Martin Wuerthner         MW Software      http://www.mw-software.com/
   ArtWorks 2 -- Designing stunning graphics has never been easier
spamtrap@mw-software.com      [replace "spamtrap" by "info" to reply]
0
spamtrap3075 (2307)
3/19/2008 10:44:20 PM
In article <9d80b8824f.martin@bach.planiverse.com>,
   Martin Wuerthner <spamtrap@mw-software.com> wrote:
> > Both the files from DplngScan and ImgMaster have "palette" ticked! If
> > I untick them, the colours reverse, and I get white writing on a
> > black background.

> If both have a palette there is another possibility that can explain
> the difference. DPlngScan has the habit (read: default options) of
> saving files in "new" sprite format. Traditionally, "new" sprite
> format (introduced with RISC OS 3.5) is only used for 32k and 16M
> colour files for reasons of backward compatibility and not for sprites
> with 256 colours or less. ArtWorks cannot read "new" format sprites
> with 256 colours or less at all, so I would not be surprised if
> Impression had problems with them as well.

> To check this, drag the file from DPlngScan to ArtWorks and it will
> probably display an error message. If so, then untick the "New format"
> option in your copy of DPlngScan. That should reverts DPlngScan's
> behaviour to that of ImgMaster and allow the sprites to be printed by
> Impression without any conversion inbetween.

Thank you Martin. You are a genius!
Yes, Artworks gave an error message, but when I unticked "new format" it
fed into Artworks O.K., and it also printed from Impression.

I shall in future use ImgMaster for black and white copies and DplgScan
for colour.

Thank you again.
                        Alan

0
ajg1 (372)
3/20/2008 10:13:56 AM
In message <4f82f7a32aajg@argonet.co.uk>
          Alan Griffin <ajg@argonet.co.uk> wrote:

>> To check this, drag the file from DPlngScan to ArtWorks and it will
>> probably display an error message. If so, then untick the "New format"
>> option in your copy of DPlngScan. That should reverts DPlngScan's
>> behaviour to that of ImgMaster and allow the sprites to be printed by
>> Impression without any conversion inbetween.

> Thank you Martin. You are a genius!
> Yes, Artworks gave an error message, but when I unticked "new format" it
> fed into Artworks O.K., and it also printed from Impression.

> I shall in future use ImgMaster for black and white copies and DplgScan
> for colour.

Would it not be far easier to simply untick "New format" in DPlngScan,
click on the "Save" button to save the configuration and then use
DPlngScan for everything rather than switching between an old and a
new version?

Martin
Martin Wuerthner         MW Software      http://www.mw-software.com/
   ArtWorks 2 -- Designing stunning graphics has never been easier
spamtrap@mw-software.com      [replace "spamtrap" by "info" to reply]
0
spamtrap3075 (2307)
3/20/2008 12:34:51 PM
In article <238a04834f.martin@bach.planiverse.com>,
   Martin Wuerthner <spamtrap@mw-software.com> wrote:
> > I shall in future use ImgMaster for black and white copies and DplgScan
> > for colour.

> Would it not be far easier to simply untick "New format" in DPlngScan,
> click on the "Save" button to save the configuration and then use
> DPlngScan for everything rather than switching between an old and a
> new version?

Sorry. I got the impression that one needed "New Sprites" for colour.
Is that not so?

Alan

0
ajg1 (372)
3/20/2008 4:54:05 PM
In message <4f831c4599ajg@argonet.co.uk>
          Alan Griffin <ajg@argonet.co.uk> wrote:

> In article <238a04834f.martin@bach.planiverse.com>,
>    Martin Wuerthner <spamtrap@mw-software.com> wrote:
>>> I shall in future use ImgMaster for black and white copies and DplgScan
>>> for colour.

>> Would it not be far easier to simply untick "New format" in DPlngScan,
>> click on the "Save" button to save the configuration and then use
>> DPlngScan for everything rather than switching between an old and a
>> new version?

> Sorry. I got the impression that one needed "New Sprites" for colour.
> Is that not so?

No. You need to differentiate between using new sprite format and what
this DPlngScan option called "New sprites" does. "Old" sprite format
only supports up to 256 colours. "New" sprite format has new ways of
representing sprites up to 256 colours plus it allows 32k and 16M
colours. Traditionally, RISC OS programs (and RISC OS itself) always
use "old" format for sprites with 256 colours or less and "new" format
for 32k and 16M colour sprites.

DPlngScan allows you to choose how it represents 256 colours or less
and this is what the "New sprites" option is for. If you switch it on,
DPlngScan uses "new" format even for sprites for which it would not be
necessary, i.e., sprites with 256 colours or less. For 32k and 16M
colours there is no choice anyway, DPlngScan has to use "new" format
and it does so irrespective of this option. Impression and ArtWorks
can deal with new format 32k/16M colour sprites but they have problems
with new format sprites with 256 colours or less.

So, if you simply switch off this option in DPlngScan, everything will
work fine and there is no need to revert to ImgMaster.

Martin
Martin Wuerthner         MW Software      http://www.mw-software.com/
   ArtWorks 2 -- Designing stunning graphics has never been easier
spamtrap@mw-software.com      [replace "spamtrap" by "info" to reply]
0
spamtrap3075 (2307)
3/20/2008 6:48:53 PM
In article <42c826834f.martin@bach.planiverse.com>,
   Martin Wuerthner <spamtrap@mw-software.com> wrote:

> So, if you simply switch off this option in DPlngScan, everything will
> work fine and there is no need to revert to ImgMaster.

Thank you very much for all the trouble you have taken to explain
everything.

This is one of the great things about the RISC OS community!

Alan Griffin

0
ajg1 (372)

Major problems with Canon i560 Printer
Hi I have just purchased a Canon i560 printer (which got rave reviews everywhere) for my home computer and I cannot get it to print at all! I'm desperate for some help from those in the know. I have installed the latest drivers from the canon.co.uk web site (version 2.32) but when I try to print, the paper feeds a sheet at a time for every pass the printer tries to draw across the page. I just get hundreds of almost empty sheets -- completely useless. (I have a G4 800 Mhz running Panther 10.3.2. I have 1024 MB of Ram if it makes any difference.) What's weird is that the print tests (nozzle check and print head alignment) print fine -- so I don't think the printer is actually broken. I just don't know what to do! I tried to install the GIMP printer drivers, but they don't support the i560. Canon say they don't support Panther and it's not their problem. Weirdly, I've installed drivers by starting up in 9.2 and they don't work either... Does anyone else have this printer? Is it working anywhere? Should I send it back as faulty? Or should I try and find working printer drivers? In the states I don't think the model exists (I'm in the UK) -- but is there another compatible printer driver I can try? Any help at all would be REALLY appreciated and if you can copy answers to vladco@btinternet.com that would be even better. Thank you so much!!! Vlad -- 1. What kind of docs are you printing? Postscript or non-postscript?...

WTB: Canon i560 or i550 printer
Hi, I am looking to buy a Canon i560 or i550 computer. I am located in Lincoln, Ne. If you have one that you would be willing to sell, please email me with condition and price. Thanks, Dana ...

Canon i560 color printer problem
I installed fresh color printer cartridges and cleaned the heads a couple of times but the color has run to more red. The blue color seems to have stopped working. Any ideas on what the problem might be? Have you run a nozzle check to see if the cyan isn't printing? Have you made sure the tape has been removed up to the air vents and have you reseated the cartridges? This sounds like the ink flow is restricted due to either of the points I inquired about. Ron <tguffei@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1117052076.497143.297920@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... >I installed fresh color printer cartridges and cleaned the heads a > couple of times but the color has run to more red. The blue color seems > to have stopped working. Any ideas on what the problem might be? > yes, we've done these points...do you think that it might be due something blocking the flow of ink from the cartridge and how would you check that? If the tape wasn't removed per directions that could also be a problem. The sponge side needs to be vented. On the reverse side, if too much ink has come out it could also be showing the same symptoms. Make sure there isn't any ink pooled around the inlet filters on the printhead. Ron <tguffei@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1117055029.831379.50770@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > yes, we've done these points...do you think that it might be due > something blocking ...

I'm trying to decide between a Canon i860 and a Canon MP360. The MP360 is a printer/scanner/copier while the i860 is a Photo Printer. I've compared the two units closely and can't see many differences, except the i850 uses 4 cartridges instead of the usual 2 and is a bit faster. They both can print borderless photos, can print on photo paper, and print 4800x1200 dpi. Plus they are about the same price on newegg.com. Are there any features that the i860 has that the MP360 doesn't? Otherwise why not get the MP360 and get a scanner too. any info would be appreciated. Canon i860 http://www.usa.canon.com/html/conCprProductDetail.jsp?modelid=9387&item=9442&section=10214 Canon MP360 http://www.usa.canon.com/html/conCprProductDetail.jsp?modelid=9527&item=9632&section=10223 Most people BUY a product based on how THEY will use the product. Maybe the first think you need to do sort out is your own imaging needs. "sydemon" <sydegun@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:49cf01cc.0405051118.15975f6@posting.google.com... : I'm trying to decide between a Canon i860 and a Canon MP360. The : MP360 is a printer/scanner/copier while the i860 is a Photo Printer. : I've compared the two units closely and can't see many differences, : except the i850 uses 4 cartridges instead of the usual 2 and is a bit : faster. They both can print borderless photos, can print on photo : paper, and print 4800x1200 dpi...

New CANON Printers for old Acorns
9th December 2005 NEW CANON PRINTERS FOR OLD ACORNS ================================= Castle announces today a that they have a small quantity of the Canon IP4000 high speed colour bubble jet printers available for sale. In addition to a modern USB connector, the IP4000 also has a parallel port making them ideal for older Acorn computers as well as IYONIX pcs. These brand new IP4000 printers come with: 1. Parallel data cable. 2. USB data cable. 3. RISC OS printer driver. 4. Castle's 'pop-up !Printers' application. Detailed IP4000 features are available on line at: http://www...

Differnece between Canon i560 and i560s
What is the difernce between Canon i560 and i560s? Thanks. Kern, The i560s is sold only at Sam's Club. It is sold with a USB cable and is not eligible for any rebates. (the price is said to include the rebate) Don Davis "Kern" <kernsk61@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:d9682780.0312051330.7ea2a875@posting.google.com... > What is the difernce between Canon i560 and i560s? > > Thanks. ...

FS: CANON (GENUINE, NEW/not used)
Posted on Ebay, item# 330331170291. Goto www.ebay.com & enter this item# 330331170291 into search window (or item# window); BUY NOW OPTION is AVAILABLE, i.e. NO need to wait for Auction ending. Do NOT reply on Newsgroups (I just posted here, but may not read) - instead contact via Ebay (best) or Email; if you insist on emailing and see "NOJUNK" strings in my address (or something to that effect) - REMOVE THEM before hitting send! (these are sometimes added to prevent SPAM, i.e. people who "harvest" addresses off Newsgroups). My Ebay feedback is 100% positive, not to mention 13 YEARS of Newsgroups trading without complains, and it's best to deal via Ebay though will respond to regular email also. Please read description there, but a few facts are copied here: 1) NEW (sealed) Canon cartridges for their portable printers: BJC50/55/70/80/85/30 & other CANON. GENUINE CANON (made in Japan, from CompUSA before it went out of business here). Not fakes which dry out before expiration or damage/ spill into printers - I tried one of generics some years ago, and the money I thought would save, were wasted as they were discovered to be dry (unusable) prior to expiration. I am not one of those people "attached" to specific brands, but learned a hard lesson with inkjet cartridges, unlike Laser toners which are OK even if generic. 2) Plus free BJC-series printers LiIon (lithium-Ion) battery, part# LB50 I don't...

Canon Cat printer driver for HP printer
Hi All I've been working on my Canon Cat to get it so I can print to a HP printer. I've gotten the basics to work. For anyone interested, you can find some notes I have on the tForth in the Cat and my HP driver. The notes and things are on: www.digibarn.com The current listing has a couple of typos that I hope to get fixed but they are not hard to find. One is in the definition of HPdocbreak. It has #S intead of #s ( this tForth is case sensitive ). The other is in the final definition that connects the HP driver. The definition is: : HP ['] HPsetup exa setup' ; And should have been: : HP ['] HPsetup exa setup' ! ; I'm also interested in talking to anyone else interested in looking at what is inside of the Cat. Dwight ...

[Java-Printer]My printers are not senn by java apps
This problem apparently has nothing todo with Java applications : I am on Linux and apparently now any Java apps run do not see my printer list as handled by CUPS. Before it worked ; I think it has to do with the JDK installed ? Any ideas will be wellcome. Thanks. ...

No printer model for Canon in Tiger Printer Setup Utility
I have successfully set up remote printing from my OS X 10.4 Tiger laptop to my Canon S750 printer connected to my Win XP home PC. I can print across the network, through the XP box and all the way to the printer - but nothing emerges. I suspect that my problem is the lack of any Canon printer models to choose from in the Printer Setup Utility on the OS X laptop. When I open the Printer Setup Utility and click on the "More Printers ..." button, I can navigate through the workgroup to the XP box and to the Shared printer without any problems. In the Printer Model pulldown, ...

Which Printer Should I buy? Canon IP4000, Canon I865, Epson R300
Which is the best printer? Main points below. 1. Accuracy when printing to CD/DVD (My old Epson 900 was a devil to set up) going off center and needed adjusting. 2. Economy. Although I can get the ink for about the same cost which printer performs best. 3. Print quality Photo / CD DVD To put it into perspective here are the best prices I have found for the printers so far. 1. Epson R300 �84.95 2. Canon I865 �119.99 3. Canon IP4000 �99.99 Thanks Mike I have the R300 and love it. I do not love the price of the replacement ink. I have printed about 200 DVD and CD labels with it and have not had a problem. The software that comes with the printer has performed well. Check out the options for re-inking of this machine and you will be pleased with it. I believe that Canon has the same type of chip on its cartridges. They only allow a certain amount of ink to be dispensed and then they stop. There is a workaround for Epson, I don't know about Canon. Pipermedic In article pipermedic says... > I believe that Canon has the > same type of chip on its cartridges. They only allow a certain amount > of ink to be dispensed and then they stop. There is a workaround for > Epson, I don't know about Canon. > > > Canon carts don't have chips. If you like R300 why not consider R200? Same thing without frills. Definitely Epson R300. But you said: "2. Economy. Although I can get th...

canon printer
I have Redhat 9. The install went fine, but now the Canon printer (S300) has black (and colors) that come out washed out. The black is light grey rather than black. When I had Mandrake on this machine using the same printer there was a way (through Printer Drake) to adjust the stpGamma and density settings; I can find no similar setting in Redhat. Any suggestions?? ...

canon i560
Is usb 1.1 or 2.0? 1.0 "Steve P" <someone@nospam.net> wrote in message news:%Gdpb.2473$9M3.245@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net... > Is usb 1.1 or 2.0? > > 1.1 "Steve P" <someone@nospam.net> wrote in message news:%Gdpb.2473$9M3.245@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net... > Is usb 1.1 or 2.0? > > USB 2.0 but not full speed usb 2 "Steve P" <someone@nospam.net> wrote in message news:%Gdpb.2473$9M3.245@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net... > Is usb 1.1 or 2.0? > > ...

Where is head in canon printer?
I have i950 printer. I am wondering printer head is separate from ink cart. If so, where the head is located. In case, I want to wash it. Satoshi On my i960 the head is separate and I needed to install it first before the carts. There is a large dark-gray lever that pulls forward and the whole print head comes out. The ink carts rest on top of it. Never had a problem with the head...yet. Mack Satoshi wrote: > I have i950 printer. I am wondering printer head is separate from > ink cart. If so, where the head is located. In case, I want to wash > it. Satoshi This is what is termed a stupid question. You know it's separate - you had to install it before the cartridges! You're absolutely right. I was stupid. But I did not recall how I installed the i950 when I got it a million years ago. I need a fresh 1 GB RAM for my brain. Sorry for this stupid post. Satoshi "Cerridwen" <cerridwen@celticnet.com> wrote in message news:bumpqj$33v$1@newsg1.svr.pol.co.uk... > Satoshi wrote: > > I have i950 printer. I am wondering printer head is separate from > > ink cart. If so, where the head is located. In case, I want to wash > > it. Satoshi > > This is what is termed a stupid question. You know it's separate - you had > to install it before the cartridges! > > The i950 printhead is located directly below the gray release lever. It wasn't ...

Canon Printer iP2500
At the end of August I bought a printer in a bit of a hurry wthout checking if there was a printer driver for it:-( Does anyone know if I can find a printer driver, and if so where, for the Canon Printer iP2500? Thank you. Gillian -- from Gillian Bobbett http://gmb.orpheusweb.co.uk/ in beautiful Swaledale gmbobbett@ormail.co.uk using an Iyonix PC running RISC OS 5.13 In article <4f3223db9agmbobbett@ormail.co.uk>, Gillian Bobbett <URL:mailto:gmbobbett@ormail.co.uk> wrote: > At the end of August I bought a printer in a bit of a hurry wthout > checking if there was a printer driver for it:-( > > Does anyone know if I can find a printer driver, and if so where, for the > Canon Printer iP2500? I have a test file which will confirm if our Canon driver will work with our driver. I can email you a copy! Chris Evans -- CJE Micro's / 4D 'RISC OS Specialists' Telephone: 01903 523222 Fax: 01903 523679 chris@cjemicros.co.uk http://www.cjemicros.co.uk/ 78 Brighton Road, Worthing, West Sussex, BN11 2EN The most beautiful thing anyone can wear, is a smile! In article <ant151305868pErr@client.cjemicros.co.uk>, Chris Evans <chris@cjemicros.co.uk> wrote: > In article <4f3223db9agmbobbett@ormail.co.uk>, Gillian Bobbett > <URL:mailto:gmbobbett@ormail.co.uk> wrote: > > At the end of August I bought a printer in a b...

canon i865 printer
Looking for a new printer, and the canon i865 seems to have a good review. Any good or bad comments on the printer? One thing that puzzles me is the edge to edge printing on A4 paper on the specification this is only obtainable on "photo paper" Would like to get full A4 on standard paper, is it possible? Thanks Chris 'Chris.', Have you seen this site? http://www.photo-i.co.uk/Reviews/interactive/Canon%20i865/page_1.htm Regards, Emrys Davies. "Chris" <nospam@virgin.net> wrote in message news:3S9_b.18212$ft.6006@newsfe1-win... > Looking for a new printer, and the canon i865 seems to have a good review. > Any good or bad comments on the printer? > One thing that puzzles me is the edge to edge printing on A4 paper on the > specification this is only obtainable on "photo paper" > Would like to get full A4 on standard paper, is it possible? > Thanks > Chris > > "Chris" <nospam@virgin.net> wrote in message news:3S9_b.18212$ft.6006@newsfe1-win... > Looking for a new printer, and the canon i865 seems to have a good review. > Any good or bad comments on the printer? > One thing that puzzles me is the edge to edge printing on A4 paper on the > specification this is only obtainable on "photo paper" > Would like to get full A4 on standard paper, is it possible? I have a i850. It says it will do borderless printing on...

Canon printer utilities
With my Canon i960, I received several utilities: Easy Photo and Easy Photo Plus. Both work fine except they do not allow for color and brightness/contrast control. Have I missed something? ...

New Canon Printers
I noticed Canon Japan web site http://cweb.canon.jp/pixus/lineup/ip4100/ has a new range of printers looking through their list I can not see a IP5100 to replace the IP5000. it seems that they have dropped their 1pl print heads from the ranges mentioned which seems a little odd, as one would have expected the 1pl heads be used in the newer high-end range of printers, wonder why this is..? Davy wrote: >I noticed Canon Japan web site >http://cweb.canon.jp/pixus/lineup/ip4100/ >has a new range of printers looking through their list I can not see a >IP5100 to replace the IP5000. it seems that they have dropped their >1pl print heads from the ranges mentioned which seems a little odd, >as one would have expected the 1pl heads be used in the newer >high-end range of printers, wonder why this is..? > > My concern is that they may clog but I have not heard of that happening so it is anyones guess. measekite wrote: >=20 >=20 > Davy wrote: >=20 >> I noticed Canon Japan web site http://cweb.canon.jp/pixus/lineup/ip410= 0/ >> has a new range of printers looking through their list I can not see a= >> IP5100 to replace the IP5000. it seems that they have dropped their >> 1pl print heads from the ranges mentioned which seems a little odd, >> as one would have expected the 1pl heads be used in the newer >> high-end range of printers, wonder why this is..? >> =2...

Canon I560 #4
Hello All I am using the Canon I560 with WinXP and when I print the printer status box does not display to show me how much ink I have left in the cartridges and if I bring the status box up manually it shows that they are full. ..... Any Ideas Thanks Don Don Farrow wrote: > Hello All I am using the Canon I560 with WinXP and when I print the > printer status box does not display to show me how much ink I have > left in the cartridges and if I bring the status box up manually it > shows that they are full. > .... > > Any Ideas Thanks Don Start status monitor and see if Enable Status monitor is checked. If it shows full, good for you... BTW...canons only show out of ink when ink container is empty-at that time ink is left only in a sponge. They are not showing gradually decreasing amount of ink. ...

Canon i560 #3
Is there a way to set the default printing color to black? I want to be able to print a word document that contains color in black only. I could do this with the earlier canon bubble jets but can't find how to do it with the i560. Thanks Chris On 6 Sep 2004 16:46:33 -0700, hunterbr@optusnet.com.au (chris) wrote: >Is there a way to set the default printing color to black? I think there's a setting to print greyscale in the options, is that what you mean? Chris Pollard -- CG Internet caf�, Tagum City, Philippines http://www.cginternet.net On my Canon S520 I have set up a profile that does just what you want, I can't imagine that you don't have that same option with the I560. I just go to the properties of the printer, click on the Advanced tab and there is a Printing defaults box that you click to set up a printing profile. "Christopher Pollard" <rubbish@cginternet.net> wrote in message news:ms3qj01ve221f2iun1brnlkvr99jgkcnvo@4ax.com... On 6 Sep 2004 16:46:33 -0700, hunterbr@optusnet.com.au (chris) wrote: >Is there a way to set the default printing color to black? I think there's a setting to print greyscale in the options, is that what you mean? Chris Pollard -- CG Internet caf�, Tagum City, Philippines http://www.cginternet.net ...

Canon MP970 Printer
Hello, I thinking about buying the new Canon Pixma MP970 printer to replace my ageing HP PSC750. I've googled for reviews of the printer, but I can't find any. Can anyone who has this printer give me any recommendations? Any good or bad points about it? Thanks. <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"> <html> <head> <meta content="text/html;charset=ISO-8859-1" http-equiv="Content-Type"> </head> <body bgcolor="#ffffff" text="#000000"> <font face="sans...

canon s450 printer
Hi! I just bougth a second-hand printer (canon s450). Obviously there was no manual with it (coudln't find it on the canon website either). Now the printer is not working... When turning it on it first does the usual checks, then the light blinks 6 times yellow, once(somewhat longer) green. I even did not try to find drivers or to configure the printer, since obviously there is something wrong whit it (I don't think blinking light means "printer ready"). I suppose in the manual one could find what this "errorcode" means (maybe only "empty cartdrige?") Is there someone who has the same or a similar printer who can tell me what the blinking light means? Thanks! lupylucke wrote: > Hi! > > I just bougth a second-hand printer (canon s450). Obviously there was no > manual with it (coudln't find it on the canon website either). http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/controller?act=SupportDetailAct&fcategoryid=231&modelid=8012 You can dowloand the manual and find a lot of other troubleshooting information for the Canon S450 on that page. On Sat, 15 Oct 2005 15:19:09 +0200, lupylucke wrote: > Hi! > > I just bougth a second-hand printer (canon s450). Obviously there was no > manual with it (coudln't find it on the canon website either). Now the > printer is not working... > > When turning it on it first does the usual checks, then the light blinks > 6 times yellow, once(somewhat longer) gr...

Web resources about - Canon i560 printer - comp.sys.acorn.apps

3D Printer - Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Printer error foiled billion-dollar bank heist
A Philippine bank manager who approved funds transfers at the centre of an attempted $US1 billion ($AU1.3 billion) international cyber heist ...

This $99 device turns your phone into a 3D printer
VIDEO: It uses a special resin and the light from your screen. 3D printers can be pretty expensive, but a company called OLO has created a new ...

Printer error foiled billion-dollar bank heist
A Philippine bank manager who approved funds transfers at the centre of an attempted $US1 billion ($AU1.3 billion) international cyber heist ...

This portable printer fits in your laptop bag
We live in the digital age but sometimes you have to get a little old school. Plenty of people don't even own printers anymore, or they rely ...