Javascript?

Why is it that we can not have Javascript on RiscOS? Simply please.
Dave.

mail7935 (573)
9/17/2007 7:28:13 PM
comp.sys.acorn.apps 4795 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

In message <27bce4234f.David@mail.daveandsylvia.plus.com>
          Dave <mail@daveandsylvia.plus.com> wrote:

> Why is it that we can not have Javascript on RiscOS? Simply please.
> Dave.

We do have Javascript: -

     Firefox
     Oregano 1 and 2
     WebsterXL
     Fresco

I believe with the exception of Firefox, all the other browsers
feature either incomplete or non current versions of Javascript

Someone please feel free to correct me, but I do not believe any of
the above browsers are in development any more for RISC OS.

Regards
--
Paul Stewart -  Far Bletchley, Milton Keynes, England.
(msn:sa110@hotmail.com)

Be Bold.  Dare To Be Different.  Use RISC OS (http://www.riscos.com).
It's blue and from outta town - The A9home
(http://www.advantage6.co.uk/A9hsplash.html).
A9home Compatibility page -
(http://www.phawfaux.co.uk/a9home/compatibility.asp).
0
paulstewart (757)
9/17/2007 8:12:07 PM
In article <27bce4234f.David@mail.daveandsylvia.plus.com>,
   Dave <mail@daveandsylvia.plus.com> wrote:
> Why is it that we can not have Javascript on RiscOS? Simply please.
> Dave.

We do have - in Fresco - but very primitive and limited.

Peter Naulls did do a version, as I understand, but it never got released
to the RO market.

--
Stuart Winsor

From is valid but subject to change without notice if it gets spammed.

See: http://www.barndance.org.uk
0
SW_NOSPAM (1409)
9/17/2007 8:12:19 PM
On Mon, 17 Sep 2007 20:28:13 +0100, Dave wrote:

> Why is it that we can not have Javascript on RiscOS? Simply please.

We already do.  If your question is "why don't we have up-to-date
JavaScript on RISC OS", then the answer is too few developers care about
the platform, and those who do generally have better or more
important things to do with their copious free time.

B.
0
nntp550 (4244)
9/17/2007 8:38:22 PM
In message <4f23e8c5efSW_NOSPAM@dsl.pipex.com>
          Stuart <SW_NOSPAM@dsl.pipex.com> wrote:

> In article <27bce4234f.David@mail.daveandsylvia.plus.com>,
>    Dave <mail@daveandsylvia.plus.com> wrote:
>> Why is it that we can not have Javascript on RiscOS? Simply please.
>> Dave.

> We do have - in Fresco - but very primitive and limited.

> Peter Naulls did do a version, as I understand, but it never got released
> to the RO market.

No. Peter did a version of Java - which is a very different beast to
Javascript, which a number of posters have pointed out all the
browsers support to varying degrees.

John

                       |   RISC OS British Technology
                       |   mailto:john@jpeachey.co.uk
_______________________|   http://www.jpeachey.co.uk
0
john4117 (98)

App schema with SYS privileges?
I am afraid I have a question that most of you must have heard a million times. I should have found the answer on some of the existing posts, but I am overwhelmed by the information. I a DB newbie tasked by management to figure out how the Oracle database ought to be setup! A 3rd-party app we use recommends using a separate instance. But due to resource constraints we cannot do that (so I've been told). We have a single instance that is shared by several applications, including HR tools that hold salary information The said app requires system privileges because, for each new project, it creates 6 or more different schemas for the hierarchical elements contained within. It also requests for the Oracle username and password for certain tasks that modify large amounts of data, for instance backup. The current solution is that each time a user creates a new project or requires the password for other tasks, the Oracle DBA comes running down to enter the username SYSTEM and the password, a scenario that neither he nor the users like. Isn't the SYSTEM schema all-powerful? Is there a way of creating a schema for the application with privileges to create users/schemas, create tablespaces, add tables etc. WITHOUT being able to access sensitive information in the database? I hope I have explained myself well. Thanks very much! Sang A far from ideal situation in more ways than one, however, it can be done: Create a user, APP_ADMIN for example, and grant the relevant pr...

Crypto-Apps: Ciphers App-1 and App-2.
These ciphers are available now for free downloading from, http://www.adacryptpages.com (navigate to the bottom title boxes). Crypto-App Ciphers - Apps_1 & 2. - Personalised Cryptography for Tablets, L= aptops, Desktop, Main Frame Computers in Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8. Download App_1=20 Download App_2=20 No need to study the cryptography, the mathematics, the programming, the co= mputer science (unless you really want to and then you just peruse the othe= r title boxes on the same site) - instead, just teach yourself to run these= 'apps' as you would any other app...

javascript within a javascript
Hello, I have a multi-frame page. The frames are named Frame_1, Frame_2 and Frame_3. Frame_1 has a drop down box. When a value is selected in this drop down box, Frame_2 is updated using an asp file (as I have to read from a back-end access database). In turn in the asp file, I have a Body onload tag to execute a javascript function within Frame_2. this function updates the contents of Frame_3. Till now this is working fine. Here is the problem. Frame_3 has a form with a radio button. When a radio button is selected, I want that a function be executed in Frame_3. However since conte...

Insert Javascript in VB6 App.
Hi All. I have a function with javascript is used in my ASP web Page.Now i want to write an application with VB6 same as my asp page and i need to use that javascript function.Can i insert this function in my VB6 app.? Thnaks. Behzad "Behzad" <Bsedigh_79@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:ae42deda.0309022145.3f40579d@posting.google.com... .... > I have a function with javascript is used in my ASP web Page.Now i > want to write an application with VB6 same as my asp page and i need > to use that javascript function.Can i insert this function in my VB6 ...

com.sys.mac.apps
www.freeservice6.blogspot.com ...

Network/Server/ Desktop/Sys Admin/App Support
Network/Server/ Desktop/Sys Admin/App Support: Salary is wide open: Location: Yonge and Finch We are looking for an experienced and energetic individual for a hands on role supporting Networks/Servers/Desktops/System Administration/Application Support. We are a dynamic Financial Services Organization and the role is required to support our 7x24 Trading operation. The role will also participate in a number of projects including DRP, Desktop upgrades, Server Upgrades, Infrastructure builds, etc. This position reports to the Infrastructure Lead. Candidates with the following qualifications may apply: Education Post Secondary degree in Computer Science (or equivalent) from a recognized Canadian, American or UK university/institution. Domain Expertise - Experience supporting trading systems - Belzberg, GL Trade - Experience supporting Market Data providers - Reuters, Bloomberg, CQG, etc Desktop - Windows 2000 and Windows XP - MS Office - MS Certified Server and Database - MS Certification - Windows 2000 - Windows 2003 - Linux: Redhat - MS Sequel Server 2000, 2005 Network and SAN - Cisco Certified - Cisco Routers - Experience with Hitachi SAN - Experience with TrueCopy - Security certification - VMWare - TCP/IP - Anti-Virus (Server and Desktop) Vendor Products - Reuters Bridge Station or RMDS - CQG - GL Trade - Vhayu, KX Systems - Inforeach, Apama Other - Fundamental understanding of ITIL - Must have excellent written an...

Sys. Admin._WEBSPHERE APPS AND PORTAL_sranade@optimos.com
Dear Fellow Members: This is Sheetal, Resource Manager with Optimos, Inc We are a CMM III software company HQ at Chantilly VA. Optimos has been handling projects within software development & MGMT consulting since last 13 yrs. We specialize in System Integration and ERP/CRM implementation within the Federal as well as Commercial Sector. We have an immediate requirement for System Administrator with WEB SPHERE APPLICATION SERVER AND WEBSPHERE PORTAL (2 Positions) Respond back on sranade@optimos.com with your detailed profile and suggest suitable time for a brief discussi...

VB6 App on top of all other apps
How can I run a VB6 app which will pop-up its form on top of all other Windows programs currently running? Just like instant messages behave. It is an urgent reminder which times out after a specified time. Initial use is to warn that the server will shortly go off-line. Private Declare Function SetWindowPos Lib "user32" (ByVal Hwnd _ As Long, ByVal hWndInsertAfter As Long, _ ByVal x As Long, ByVal y As Long, _ ByVal cx As Long, ByVal cy As Long, ByVal _ wFlags As Long) As Long Const SWP_NOMOVE = &H2 Const SWP_NOSIZE = &H1 Const HWND_TOPMOST = -1 Const HWND_NOTOPMOST = -2 Const SWP_NOACTIVATE = &H10 Const SWP_SHOWWINDOW = &H40 'Window Postion Enum Public Enum enWindowPos OnTop = 0 Normal = 1 End Enum Public Sub SetWindowOrder(ByVal Hwnd As Long, _ Optional Position As enWindowPos = OnTop) 'Set the forms position Select Case Position Case enWindowPos.OnTop 'Place form to stay on top SetWindowPos Hwnd, HWND_TOPMOST, _ 0, 0, 0, 0, SWP_NOMOVE + SWP_NOSIZE Case enWindowPos.Normal 'Set the form back to normal SetWindowPos Hwnd, HWND_NOTOPMOST, _ 0, 0, 0, 0, SWP_NOMOVE + SWP_NOSIZE End Select End Sub -- Chris Hanscom - Microsoft MVP (VB) Veign's Resource Center http://www.veign.com/vrc_main.asp Veign's Blog http://ww...

Network/Server/ Desktop/Sys Admin/App Support #2
Network/Server/ Desktop/Sys Admin/App Support: Salary is wide open: 80k to 110k Yonge and Finch We are looking for an experienced and energetic individual for a hands on role supporting Networks/Servers/Desktops/System Administration/Application Support. We are a dynamic Financial Services Organization and the role is required to support our 7x24 Trading operation. The role will also participate in a number of projects including DRP, Desktop upgrades, Server Upgrades, Infrastructure builds, etc. This position reports to the Infrastructure Lead. Candidates with the following quali...

Closing an app from another app
Hi I have a wx application (Currently on windows) where I need to close the application from another app. I can get the window handle of the main window, but passing either WM_CLOSE or wxEVT_CLOSE_WINDOW doesnt seem to do anything. Ive done this before in Win32 apps, so I know Im close, but cant quite figure this out. Thanks -=Bob McCown inSORS Integrated Communications --------------------------------------------------------------------- To unsubscribe, e-mail: wx-users-unsubscribe@lists.wxwidgets.org For additional commands, e-mail: wx-users-help@lists.wxwidgets.o...

App Store is not a store for apps
"Hi, I've got an iPhone and I would like to buy an app for it." "What's the problem?" "Well, at what store do I buy the app?" "At the App Store." "Huh?" "You buy an app for your iPhone at the App Store." "No, Apple says an app store is not a store for apps, so where do I buy my app?" "At the App Store." Okay... I'm talking, but you're not listening. Apple says that the App Store is *not* a store for apps, so *where* do *I* *buy* an app for my iPhone? "At the App Store." "I'll talk slower. Apple - has - clearly - stated - that - an - app - store - is - not - a - store - for - apps. So - WHERE - DO - I- BUY - AN - APP - FOR - MY - IPHONE?" "Uh... you don't." "Huh?" "Apple iPhones are perfect -- just as they come out of the box -- you don't need any additional apps. And the logo is beautiful... Gaze at the logo." "But I... uh... ooooooh, shiny..." -- RonB Registered Linux User #498581 CentOS 5.6 or VectorLinux Deluxe 6.0 On Sat, 21 May 2011 08:12:58 +0000, RonB wrote: > [snip] In a nutshell. :-) RonB wrote this copyrighted missive and expects royalties: > "No, Apple says an app store is not a store for apps, so where do I buy my > app?" "Take this bottle, it's formaldehyde." "What do you want me to do with it." "It's for Mel t...

How to launch an app from another app
Hello, I need do start an app from another. Now I use then execv system call: the secondary app starts, but the first exits! I need the first to go on running! How can I do? Is there another system call? Thank you! "patrick carosso" <carossopatrick@yahoo.it> writes: > Hello, > I need do start an app from another. > Now I use then execv system call: the secondary app starts, > but the first exits! I need the first to go on running! > How can I do? Is there another system call? > Thank you! Don't multipost. -- M�ns Rullg�rd mru@mru.ath.cx patrick caros...

Create An App That Makes Apps
Ok, My goal of this project is to let end-users use my app to create custom apps of their own. I want to make a program that, when ran, will let the users edit a blank form(i.e. Add buttons images) and then save the layout permentently. My original plan was to create files that would be loaded by the mainform and positioned things accordingly. However, I got the idea to create an excutable from my app with the set layout. If anyone has ever used Cheat Engine(http://www.cheatengine.org) it can make stand alones that function perfectly and do preset actions. I have so far everything to make the layout, set complex commands, ect. I just havent the clue on how I would make a program from a program. I have thought of including a empty extra standalone that could be edited. But I wouldn't know how to do that either. I would appretiate any clues on this knowhow. ThievingSIx wrote: > Ok, > My goal of this project is to let end-users use my app to create custom > apps of their own. I want to make a program that, when ran, will let > the users edit a blank form(i.e. Add buttons images) and then save the > layout permentently. > > My original plan was to create files that would be loaded by the > mainform and positioned things accordingly. However, I got the idea to > create an excutable from my app with the set layout. Consider looking at glade or wxglade. sjdevnull@yahoo.com wrote: > ThievingSIx wrote: > > Ok, > > My goal of this...

Javascript and IE? Javascript and C#?
While my question might be simple, the environment around it is terribly messy and so I will try to keep this clear and simple by only including the relevant code - however, as I will soon suggest, I worry that the problem isnt in what would seem to be the relevant code but instead is lost somewhere in the do-and-donts of the peripheral code. So at the end, i'll try to include all the affected code and you can see if any of its actually relevant. I know there is a lot going on... sorry, but I tried to write this clearly. So here is what I imagine to be relevant. I'm working with a page that uses a very simple javascript function change the style of an <li> element (display=block;). The code is simple...which is why I cant understand my problem. This function is being called by <body onload="fop()"> // Javascript function function fop() { var dropDown = document.getElementById("region"); var firstName = dropDown.name; var fload = document.getElementById(firstName); fload.style.display = "block"; } // This is where it grabs the name value. "View Source" confrims the values work, (eg. name="ZHT") <select name="<%=Request.QueryString("lang")%>" id="region" onchange="selectMenu();"> //This is one of the <li> tags <li class="operatorLI" id="ZHT"> // Later for testing, I tried this (see below) <li class="op...

Reviewing Apps at the App Store
I do not own an iOS device, so I'm talking about the Mac App Store here. However iOS users may have similar experiences so read on. One week ago I downloaded the free miDVD app from the Mac App Store. It's a very, very bare-bones DVD creator, and I was pretty sure of its limitations from the get-go. After a couple of days I wrote a short lukewarm review of the app and posted it to the App Store. I compared it with similar free and payware products including iDVD, mentioning the fact the iLife '09 is still available at that "jungle-themed" online retailer. A few days passed, and my review didn't show up. I removed the references to iDVD, iLife '09 & Amazon and resubmitted the review. I waited a few more days, and it still did not get posted. This is not the first time that one of my reviews has been "rejected." Sometimes a rewrite makes it through, sometimes not, sometimes never. I don't go out of my way to be overly negative; I try to portray my honest opinion of how an app works for me. Strangely, some time ago I did characterize an app as "absolute crap," and that one went through quickly. But to reiterate, that's far from my usual style. Has anyone else here had App Store reviews that didn't get published? -- chrispam1@frontier.com is a filtered spam magnet. Email replies WILL be lost. Try <http://public.xdi.org/=chris.schram> instead. In article <...

2.5 GB Sys Memory used with no normal apps open?
Snow Leopard on Macbook with 4 GB RAM, 320 GB HD. Why does Activity monitor report such a big used System Memory: "Used: 2.6 GB" when the only thing I have opened is Activity monitor. (Helpfully, it does not allow copy/paste of details - in this day and age when you can openly copy/paste from even clippings!) -- dorayme In article <andreas-26BD40.08522915042011@news.individual.de>, Andreas Rutishauser <andreas@macandreas.ch> wrote: > Salut dorayne > > In article <dorayme-AD6598.13534215042011@news.albasani.net>, > dorayme <dorayme@optusnet.com.au> wrote: > > > Snow Leopard on Macbook with 4 GB RAM, 320 GB HD. Why does > > Activity monitor report such a big used System Memory: > > > > "Used: 2.6 GB" > > > > when the only thing I have opened is Activity monitor. > .... > Look at the "memory" tab, let it show you "all processes" and sort them > by "physical memory" (sorry, german OS here, so terms might not be > exact...) > > Well, I am not looking at my navel, beautiful as it is, Andreas! <g>. What does the "Used" bottom left mean? How come so much? -- dorayme Salut dorayne In article <dorayme-AD6598.13534215042011@news.albasani.net>, dorayme <dorayme@optusnet.com.au> wrote: > Snow Leopard on Macbook with 4 GB RAM, 320 GB HD. Why does > Activity monitor report such ...

A few RISC OS app's and portal for older Acorn machines
I have set up a new portal for people either getting back into RISC OS, emulating it or using older machines. Along with the portal I have also placed a few of my applications on the site, the only really useful one being !ShortCut, an application shortcut generator. Located here: http://www.archez.co.uk Please note this site is entirely PHP 4 and I still do not know whether is performs well with RISC OS browsers. Matt _______________________________________________________________ a.m.conroy@argonet.co.uk, Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce. Submissions to csaa@owlart.net Related mail to csaa-request@owlart.net In article <4c41490638nospam@segfault.co.uk>, Paul <URL:mailto:nospam@segfault.co.uk> wrote: > In article <ant060945b49pErr@client.cjemicros.co.uk>, > Chris Evans <chris@cjemicros.co.uk> wrote: > > For myself I don't like blasphemy or obscenities, and their use to my > > mind has the opposite of what I guess is the desired effect, in that I > > take the posting much less seriously. > > Indeed. I generally see obscenities (and insults) as a sign of limited > vocabulary and lack of valid points in an argument (ie. they just lost!) > OTOH, when arguing against someone with a dogmatic belief in some unlikely happening, there are no valid points one can put which will ever win an argument. -- Michael Gilbert: in his own write OK, so there's the Trident in Bangor In article <4c41490638n...

JavaScript
Javascript has it's own significance Amit Patel wrote: > Javascript has it's own significance Mr Patel, Stop using that stuff, it's bad for your brains. :P "Amit Patel" <amit2749@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:5f04ccb8.0401210427.3f93300c@posting.google.com... | Javascript has it's own significance It also has it's own group.. news:comp.lang.javascript ...

sys
computer common oriented http://www.freewebs.com/buildem/ http://amigos.com/go/g904313-pmem ...

JavaScript
If I have Options/ViewingMail/AllowExecutables unchecked does Eudora strip out the JavaScript? Or just refuse to execute it? TIA... Bob "Bob Bailey" <ebiz@usa.net> wrote in message news:rfOdnaRVycZZNzXenZ2dnUVZ_v-dnZ2d@rcn.net... > If I have Options/ViewingMail/AllowExecutables unchecked does Eudora strip > out the JavaScript? Or just refuse to execute it? OK. I've answered my own question but that begs a new one. (Eudora strips the JS.) Having allowed Executables it only works if I open, not preview, the message and then it insists on ope...

sys
Is it OT here to talk about IPC and pipes? Or are all aspects of kernle programming ok here? Bill Bill Cunningham <nospam@nspam.com> wrote: > Is it OT here to talk about IPC and pipes? Or are all aspects of kernle > programming ok here? If you want to discuss how IPC and pipes are implemented in the kernel it's completely ok. But if you're interested in how to use IPC or pipes from a userland program then posting to e.g. comp.unix.programmer or comp.os.linux.development.apps will probably make a lot more sense. R...

JavaScript
Guys, anybody know if is possible "to press" a button linked a javascript function using python? My Firefox send something like that: POST /msgs.aspx TOKEN=B8B83BGDBC191B9FE0A0BE1393294FAB&sig=gpaiOqbp0Nr %2BoecRLF4FGGDOAao %3D&toUserId=1331299&rawAddedDate=1188546666&fromUserId=23029&Action.delete=Send +data python has modules for forms and other things... and for it? Thank you for help... zowtar >python has modules for forms and other things... and for it? Check out httplib and urlib2, it might be useful for you. Hi! I know "how to", but o...

javascript
Hi all I wounder if some one can help me i have to write a program that sums numbe3rs together using a for loop. The numbers are 1 to 10 then one to 20 then 1 to 10,000. // A program for summing numbers from one to biggestNumber Var biggestNumber; Var theSum = 0; its got to start like this. Im having problems with this one viicki -- v davies Message posted via JavaKB.com http://www.javakb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/java-tools/200512/1 On Fri, 16 Dec 2005 11:27:29 GMT, "vicki via JavaKB.com" <u16404@uwe> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted someone who said : >// A program for summing numbers from one to biggestNumber > >Var biggestNumber; >Var theSum = 0; > >its got to start like this. Im having problems with this one >viicki see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/javasript.html -- Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green. http://mindprod.com Java custom programming, consulting and coaching. ...

US-TX-Austin: Web App Dev. ASP, VB, SQL JavaScript; 3mos+ (45353564537)
US-TX-Austin: Web App Dev. ASP, VB, SQL JavaScript; 3mos+ (45353564537) ========================================================================== Position: Web Developer Reference: ZYD00080 Location: Austin TX Duration: 383 hr Skills: Visual Basic 6.0 ASP ASP.Net VB.Net, C# and/or .Net framework. SQL including stored procedures or t-sql Adobe Acrobat 5.0 JavaScript Windows 2000 server and IIS 5.0. Experience and skills with web application programming specifically utilizing the FileNET API to integrate and utilize FileNet eProcess 4.2, and Content Services 5.2. Experience and skills in the use of Sybase 11.0 +, MS Server 2000 or other relational databases. Experience and skills in taking functional and detail system requirements through the software life cycle phases using an Object Oriented (UML) application design approach. Ability to work in a team environment and communicate well both orally and in writing. Scope: Maintain existing workflow(s) using FileNET eProcess and Content Services. Provide technical FileNET eProcess advice and make recommendations on the best technical approach for future enhancements and for n...

US-TX-Austin: Web App Dev. ASP, VB, SQL JavaScript; 3mos+ (45353564537)
US-TX-Austin: Web App Dev. ASP, VB, SQL JavaScript; 3mos+ (45353564537) ========================================================================== Position: Web Developer Reference: ZYD00080 Location: Austin TX Duration: 383 hr Skills: Visual Basic 6.0 ASP ASP.Net VB.Net, C# and/or .Net framework. SQL including stored procedures or t-sql Adobe Acrobat 5.0 JavaScript Windows 2000 server and IIS 5.0. Experience and skills with web application p...

Web resources about - Javascript? - comp.sys.acorn.apps

Facebook Open-Sources JavaScript Static-Type Checker Flow
The latest software to be open-sourced by Facebook is Flow , a static-type checker for JavaScript . (more…) New Career Opportunities Daily: ...

Quickstart: Facebook SDK for JavaScript
This quickstart will show you how to setup the SDK, load social plugins, trigger a dialog, and get it to make some basic Graph API calls.

Facebook App Devs Get Javascript
It has been an oft-lamented fact of the Facebook Platform thus far in its life that, in order to use all but the most simple of Javascript functionality–the ...