OPro/ Postscript/ PDF problem

Hi all,

I never know where the problem might lie with these things, so I'll
just cover all my bases: using Ovation Pro 2.74, PoScript2 printer
driver supplied with RISC OS 5.08 and !ps2pdf v.004 I have some
problems converting an ovation pro file to a pdf. The OPro file and my
pdf attempt are zipped up here:
http://www.sendu.me.uk/postings/pdfproblem.zip (~2MB)

Firstly, the OPro file uses a non-standard font 'andale'. When the pdf
is viewed under a RISC OS viewer like !PDF text in andale doesn't get
anti-aliased (eg. first word, third paragraph, first page of pdf). If
it's possible for this to happen at all, can someone give a guide on
how to get any particular non-standard font to display anti-aliased?

The pages with vector graphic diagrams (produced in artworks and draw)
cause severe problems when trying to print out the pdf. For example,
page 5. The graphic here is about the same size as the big colour
bitmap on page 2, but the bitmap prints well enough. When displayed on
screen the vector diagram seems to be built up of 'stripes' and is
overly complex somehow. Is there any way to print or convert such that
the vector graphics are stored in a less complex more printer-friendly
manner? Alternatively, how would one work out what dimensions/ dpi to
export the vector as a bitmap using Artworks so that the diagram would
look good printed out of the pdf on a variety of common printers?

Thanks,

--
Sendu Bala http://sendu.me.uk/ | Tori, Kenshin, DNA and my Iyonix

"I tell you with no ego that this is my finest blade. If you should
encounter God, God will be cut."
0
sendu1 (179)
12/17/2004 2:43:14 AM
comp.sys.acorn.apps 4795 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

In message <19727d1e4d.Sendu@sendu.me.uk>
          Sendu Bala <sendu@sendu.me.uk> wrote:

> I never know where the problem might lie with these things, so I'll
> just cover all my bases: using Ovation Pro 2.74, PoScript2 printer
> driver supplied with RISC OS 5.08 and !ps2pdf v.004 I have some
> problems converting an ovation pro file to a pdf. The OPro file and my
> pdf attempt are zipped up here:
> http://www.sendu.me.uk/postings/pdfproblem.zip (~2MB)
>
> Firstly, the OPro file uses a non-standard font 'andale'. When the pdf
> is viewed under a RISC OS viewer like !PDF text in andale doesn't get
> anti-aliased (eg. first word, third paragraph, first page of pdf).

Not surprising, since each letter is a bitmap.

> If it's possible for this to happen at all, can someone give a guide on
> how to get any particular non-standard font to display anti-aliased?

For this you need two things: First of all, a font with a PostScript
Type-1 definition, so the Type-1 font ends up in the PostScript instead of
a Type-3 definition generated by the PostScript printer driver. Then,
secondly, you need a viewer that can make use of the embedded Type-1 font.
!PDF cannot, but RiScript can.

GhostScript, at some stage, decided to convert text in Type-3 fonts to
bitmaps when converting to PDF rather than maintaining it as text and
putting the font definition in the PDF file as previous versions did.

> The pages with vector graphic diagrams (produced in artworks and draw)
> cause severe problems when trying to print out the pdf. For example,
> page 5. The graphic here is about the same size as the big colour
> bitmap on page 2, but the bitmap prints well enough. When displayed on
> screen the vector diagram seems to be built up of 'stripes' and is
> overly complex somehow. Is there any way to print or convert such that
> the vector graphics are stored in a less complex more printer-friendly
> manner?

Erm. That picture is a HUGE sprite in your document! Combined with the
fact that is in 256 colours, this creates a HUGE mess when converting to
PDF. If you use the original Draw/ArtWorks file, the result will be TINY
and render quickly.

> Alternatively, how would one work out what dimensions/ dpi to
> export the vector as a bitmap using Artworks so that the diagram would
> look good printed out of the pdf on a variety of common printers?

Unfortunately, due to the fact that the RISC OS PostScript driver handles
bitmaps with 256 colours or less in such a stupid way you will need to use
a true-colour bitmap (16M colours is most reliable but 32k colours may do
as well). 300dpi should be OK for printing. Actually, for a colour photo
150dpi would be enough, but for a diagram with lines, you may want 600dpi
for good output quality.

Which would of course defeat the purpose of vector graphics completely.
For a diagram such as that on page 5, you really want to include the
vector graphics source.

Martin
Martin Wuerthner         MW Software         spamtrap@mw-software.com
                                replace "spamtrap" by "info" to reply
spamtrap3075 (2307)
12/17/2004 12:43:26 PM
On 17 Dec, Martin Wuerthner wrote:

> In message <19727d1e4d.Sendu@sendu.me.uk>
>           Sendu Bala <sendu@sendu.me.uk> wrote:
>
> > I never know where the problem might lie with these things, so I'll
> > just cover all my bases: using Ovation Pro 2.74, PoScript2 printer
> > driver supplied with RISC OS 5.08 and !ps2pdf v.004 I have some
> > problems converting an ovation pro file to a pdf. The OPro file and my
> > pdf attempt are zipped up here:
> > http://www.sendu.me.uk/postings/pdfproblem.zip (~2MB)
> >
> > Firstly, the OPro file uses a non-standard font 'andale'. When the pdf
> > is viewed under a RISC OS viewer like !PDF text in andale doesn't get
> > anti-aliased (eg. first word, third paragraph, first page of pdf).
>
> Not surprising, since each letter is a bitmap.
>
> > If it's possible for this to happen at all, can someone give a guide on
> > how to get any particular non-standard font to display anti-aliased?
>
> For this you need two things: First of all, a font with a PostScript
> Type-1 definition, so the Type-1 font ends up in the PostScript instead of
> a Type-3 definition generated by the PostScript printer driver. Then,
> secondly, you need a viewer that can make use of the embedded Type-1 font.
> !PDF cannot, but RiScript can.

Can you explain a bit about type-1 vs type-3 please? I probably just got
my 'andale' font from http://fonts.iconbar.com/ - is there anything I
can do re. this problem?

> GhostScript, at some stage, decided to convert text in Type-3 fonts to
> bitmaps when converting to PDF rather than maintaining it as text and
> putting the font definition in the PDF file as previous versions did.

And the behaviour of GhostScript is beyond the control of any RISC OS
person?

> > The pages with vector graphic diagrams (produced in artworks and draw)
> > cause severe problems when trying to print out the pdf. For example,
> > page 5. The graphic here is about the same size as the big colour
> > bitmap on page 2, but the bitmap prints well enough. When displayed on
> > screen the vector diagram seems to be built up of 'stripes' and is
> > overly complex somehow. Is there any way to print or convert such that
> > the vector graphics are stored in a less complex more printer-friendly
> > manner?
>
> Erm. That picture is a HUGE sprite in your document! Combined with the
> fact that is in 256 colours, this creates a HUGE mess when converting to
> PDF. If you use the original Draw/ArtWorks file, the result will be TINY
> and render quickly.

Yes, *cough*. So the reason I didn't know it was a sprite was because I
didn't know how to OLE or get info on a graphic in OPro
(ctrl-double-click now that I've tried). The reason it was a sprite is
that I had made the artworks file a gif so I could get it into MS Word
at some point, but then I temporarily misplaced the original artworks
file and forgot about it and was forced to make a sprite from a gif
(and then forgot about doing that). Luckily I've found the artworks file
again. Thanks for the pointer!

--
Sendu Bala http://sendu.me.uk/ | Tori, Kenshin, DNA and my Iyonix

"I tell you with no ego that this is my finest blade. If you should
encounter God, God will be cut."
0
sendu1 (179)
12/17/2004 2:01:25 PM
In message <f188bb1e4d.Sendu@sendu.me.uk>
          Sendu Bala <sendu@sendu.me.uk> wrote:

> On 17 Dec, Martin Wuerthner wrote:
>
> > In message <19727d1e4d.Sendu@sendu.me.uk>
> >           Sendu Bala <sendu@sendu.me.uk> wrote:
> > > Firstly, the OPro file uses a non-standard font 'andale'. When the
> > > pdf is viewed under a RISC OS viewer like !PDF text in andale
> > > doesn't get anti-aliased (eg. first word, third paragraph, first
> > > page of pdf).
> >
> > Not surprising, since each letter is a bitmap.
> >
> > > If it's possible for this to happen at all, can someone give a guide
> > > on how to get any particular non-standard font to display
> > > anti-aliased?
> >
> > For this you need two things: First of all, a font with a PostScript
> > Type-1 definition, so the Type-1 font ends up in the PostScript
> > instead of a Type-3 definition generated by the PostScript printer
> > driver. Then, secondly, you need a viewer that can make use of the
> > embedded Type-1 font. !PDF cannot, but RiScript can.
>
> Can you explain a bit about type-1 vs type-3 please? I probably just got
> my 'andale' font from http://fonts.iconbar.com/ - is there anything I
> can do re. this problem?

This is very simple: The PS printer driver converts RISC OS fonts to
Type-3 fonts when printing - unless there is a ready Type-1 file available
in the font directory. These come with high-quality commercial fonts, most
notably from EFF, so you are out of luck with a downloaded font unless you
manage to find a corresponding Type-1 file somewhere.

> > GhostScript, at some stage, decided to convert text in Type-3 fonts to
> > bitmaps when converting to PDF rather than maintaining it as text and
> > putting the font definition in the PDF file as previous versions did.
>
> And the behaviour of GhostScript is beyond the control of any RISC OS
> person?

Of course not. This is open source software. Feel free to implement Type-3
font conversion for PDF output. :-)

Martin
Martin Wuerthner         MW Software         spamtrap@mw-software.com
                                replace "spamtrap" by "info" to reply
spamtrap3075 (2307)

Print as a PDF problem in Mail app.
When I get e-mails with Logos and what not (RTF, I assume) and I hit print in Mail and the PDF, I get a PDF but portions are missing, entire blocks of copy. What gives? nickravo@gmail.com <nickravo@gmail.com> wrote: > When I get e-mails with Logos and what not (RTF, I assume) and I hit > print in Mail and the PDF, I get a PDF but portions are missing, > entire blocks of copy. What gives? I just made PDFs from several emails here without any problems. Either the nature of these emails were different than yours, or it's a problem specific to your machine. Which Mac OS ve...

end of line problems when downloading PostScript (PDF) file
Hi I have a file on a server that I can download just fine with a web browser. But when I download it with a Perl script, I get weird end of line codes, which mess up the PDF file. For example, all 0D 0A end of line pairs get received as 0D 0D 0A . Any ideas how to get the file received correctly?> Thanks, grg "Ancient_Hacker" <grg2@comcast.net> wrote: >Hi I have a file on a server that I can download just fine with a web >browser. But when I download it with a Perl script, I get weird end of >line codes, which mess up the PDF file. > >For example, all 0D 0A end of line pairs get received as 0D 0D 0A . > >Any ideas how to get the file received correctly? This is going to sound pretty glib, but I think the only answer can be to fix your Perl script. Maybe you are processing the PDF as if it is "lines" instead of binary data. ---------------------------------------- Aandi Inston Please support usenet! Post replies and follow-ups, don't e-mail them. Aandi Inston wrote: > "Ancient_Hacker" <grg2@comcast.net> wrote: > > >Hi I have a file on a server that I can download just fine with a web > >browser. But when I download it with a Perl script, I get weird end of > >line codes, which mess up the PDF file. > > > >For example, all 0D 0A end of line pairs get received as 0D 0D 0A . > > > >Any ideas how to get the file received correctly? >...

pdf-writer Postscript Type 1 font handling problems
Folks/Admin, apologies for this cross post. I posted to the wrong group previously. Hi, I am trying to get pdf-writer to load up Postscript Type 1 fonts but am encountering a problem. Using the gettysburg.rb example as a base for my tests I have implented the following code changes: PDF::Writer::FONT_PATH.unshift(File.expand_path("Fonts")) p PDF::Writer::FONT_PATH PDF::Writer::FontMetrics::METRICS_PATH.unshift(File.expand_path("Fonts")) p PDF::Writer::FontMetrics::METRICS_PATH pdf.select_font("GillSan", :encoding => nil) pdf.text "The Gettysburg Addres...

Problem printing multiple (>250) plots to PostScript (-dpsc/2) or *.pdf
As part of processing large amounts of data I'm printing a large number of plots. All of which I need compiled in a single *.pdf automatically. I have been printing all the plots into a single *.ps file using the following function in a for loop, print(fig_han(p), '-dpsc', '-r300', '-append', 'knc_plotter_4r.ps'); And then using ps2pdf.m to generate a *.pdf. This works well for around 150 or so (highly formatted) plots but now my plot count has increased to 250 and while midway of printing the growing *.ps, matlab starts giving me an error about PageBoundingBoxes etc. Having tried to plot and print the same plots on their own with no problem that seems like an unrelated error. But the real problem I think is that the size of the *.ps is quite large. The printing works fine till the *.ps file grows to a size of ~2.2GB (yes 2 gigabytes, not a typo) after which the print command stops working and gives an error Error using print>LocalPrint (line 291) Error getting PageBoundingBox position in file Error in print (line 233) LocalPrint(pj); 291 throw(pj.Exception); Has anyone got a work around for this problem? I could split the *.ps files and print two *.pdfs and then concatenate them but that doesn't sound like an elegant solution. What I'm looking for ideally is either a way to reduce the size of this *.ps or print a multi pag...

Problems converting PDF to PDF/A with ghostscript
I am running Ghostscript 8.71 on Windows. I have tried just about every combination of switches and ICC profiles. The command that seems to work the best is as follows: gswin32 -dPDFA -dBATCH -dNOPAUSE -dNOOUTERSAVE -dUseCIEColor - sProcessColorModel=DeviceCMYK -sDEVICE=pdfwrite - sOutputFile=out_pdfa.pdf input_pdf.pdf This yields a seemingly valid PDF/A-1b (CMYK) for most files. I am able to open the files in acrobat and successfully validate the conformity of the document to the aforementioned PDF/A standard. Certain files do not pass the PDF/A conformity validation in Acrobat, despite the note in Acrobat stating the file is being viewed in PDF/A mode. The preflight test reports the following error: CIDset in subset font is incomplete ArialBoldItalicMT 14.112 pt TrueType (CID) embedded (as a subset) If I convert the offensive input_pdf.pdf file using Acrobat by printing to the Adobe PDF printer and selecting the PDF/A-1b (CMYK) standard the output PDF passes the preflight without any errors. Does anyone have any suggestions for consistently producing valid PDF/ A-1b (CMYK) documents with Ghostscript? Cheers! In article <6cfcdbba-47de-4be1-8e93- 1d4255ab0ebf@t2g2000yqe.googlegroups.com>, brent.m.edwards@gmail.com says... > I am running Ghostscript 8.71 on Windows. I have tried just about > every combination of switches and ICC profiles. The command that seems > to work the best is as follows: > > gswin32 -dPDFA -dBATCH -dNOPAUSE -dNOOUTERSA...

Tkinter app=App(root) problem
This is my first day working with Tkinter. I'm using python2.3 on WindowsXP. I found this program and entered it. from Tkinter import * class App: def _init_(self,master): frame = Frame(master) frame.pack() self.button = Button(frame, text = "Quit", fg = "red", command =frame.quit) self.button.pack(side=LEFT) self.hi_there = Button(frame, text = "Hello", command = self.say_hi) self.hi_there.pack(side=LEFT) def say_hi(self): print "hi there, everyone!" root = Tk() app = App(root) r...

problem with reload(sys) (doing reload on the sys module)
Python 2.4.2 (#67, Sep 28 2005, 12:41:11) [MSC v.1310 32 bit (Intel)] on win32 Type "copyright", "credits" or "license()" for more information. **************************************************************** Personal firewall software may warn about the connection IDLE makes to its subprocess using this computer's internal loopback interface. This connection is not visible on any external interface and no data is sent to or received from the Internet. **************************************************************** IDLE 1.1.2 >&g...

Problem importing PDF image (problem with the text)
I want to make some changes to a map. It's available as a PDF with graphics and text. As a PDF I can zoom to any level and the text looks great. When I import the PDF into GIMP, the text is horrible. All diagonals and curves in the letters are jagged. This happens regardless of whether I tell GIMP to anitalias text. I can see the anti-aliasing of the graphics lines, but not of the text. My system is: Win2K Gimp 2.4.2 GhostScript 8.54 I've learned to import PDFs at high resolution to retain accuracy when enlarging them, so I've tried up to 500 when import...

postscript and pdf missing base postscript fonts
I am in the process of sending my ph.d. thesis to a printing firm, and I am trying to create a pdf file that suits them. My first attempt met some objections, most nobably the absence of embedded Times, Helvetica etc. All the other fonts (I used a custom type 1 font for the body text) were embedded in the pdf file. I use teTeX 1.0.7 and ghostscript 7.05 to generate the pdf through the dvips -> ps2pdf route. I am a little reluctant to upgrade these so close to a deadline. Indeed, Times and Helvetica were not embedded. When I look at the psfonts.map file in $TEXMF/dvips/config, I find indeed that for e.g. Times-Italic, a pfb file is not indicated for the base postscript fonts. On my (postscript) laserprinter this is not a problem, I guess, because it probably has the base fonts loaded in the hardware postscript RIP in the printer. My questions are: 1. How can I make dvips or ps2pdf mbed Type 1 fonts for the base postscript fonts. 2. If this is possible, does this mean I have to recreate all the graphs I made through datafile -> gnuplot -> pslatex -> dvips ? 3. Or can I just tell the printing firm that their film-printer of direct-to-plate printer must have these fonts resident in hardware if they are postscript-based? Thanks Kreutzer On Mon, 6 Oct 2003, kreutzer wrote: > I am in the process of sending my ph.d. thesis to a printing > firm, and I am trying to create a pdf file that suits them. > > My first attempt met ...

pdf workflow: good app for concatenating pdf files?
hi there who knows of a good application or services plug-in for concatenating PDF files? thanks, leo leo wrote: > hi there > > who knows of a good application or services plug-in for concatenating PDF > files? > > thanks, leo > > I recall successfully trying once something called joinpdf. leo <halloleo@noospaam.myrealbox.com> wrote: > who knows of a good application or services plug-in for concatenating PDF > files? Freeware: <http://www.monkeybreadsoftware.de/Freeware/CombinePDFs.html> ...

It's the apps stupid
It's been a couple of years since I last tried Cinelerra - the video editing app on Linux. Back then I thought it absolutely sucks and dumped it after a week or two. Time to try it again. Here's the problems: #1 - It's not in the Ubuntu repository. The only way to get it is by running a bunch of CLI commands. This makes it difficult for regular people to find. (They're actually doing them a service.) #2 - I install it and start the app. Unfortunately things like "Help files" don't actually exist. No help at all - you're on your own with this one. #3 - I open up a video clip from a digicam that's about 6 minutes long and a little over 100 Megs in size. The plan is to simply take a couple of sections from this file and put it into its own video. The file does open without problem. #4 - Scrolling through the "frames" is difficult at best. Cinelerra decided to "invent" it's own scrollbars and even with a short video like this the "thumb-nail" you use to scroll the video frames is only a couple of pixels wide making it nearly impossible to grab with the mouse. #5 - The "workflow" capabilities of the app simply suck. I won't go into the issues of how difficult it is to copy a section of video from one file into another. And make sure you save your work before doing a File->Open because if not you'll lose it. The app doesn't bother to tell you that you're about t...

Need Cups-PDF to actually create PDF not Postscript
From: CUPS 127.0.0.1:631 Description: Cups-PDF Location: RN Printer Driver: Generic postscript color printer rev4 Printer State: idle, accepting jobs, published. Device URI: cups-pdf:/ Hi All, I am using CentOS 5.5. I installed cups-pdf-2.4.6-1.el5.i386.rpm and now have the nicest CUPS to Postscript printer. Okay, I need that to use with HylaFAX, but I also need a print to PDF (not Postscript). What did I do wrong? Many thanks, -T On 2010-06-05, Todd <todd@invalid.com> wrote: > From: CUPS 127.0.0.1:631 > Description: Cups-PDF > Location: RN > Printer...

Postscript problems
I am having problems with PostScript;am using a DOS May 1992 version of GoScript by LaserGo. The file below has comments documenting these problems. ******** start ********* %!PS-Adobe-2.0 /bd {bind def} bind def /mils {0.072 mul} bd % scale numbers for 1000ths of an inch /fine {0 mils setlinewidth} bd % as default for Gerber % file routines /rc {dup (~) readstring pop} bd % read 1 character to top of stack /rp {dup (~~) readstring pop} bd % read 2 chars (parameter code) /FS { rc (L) eq exch rc (A) eq % top of stack true if Absolute { /lt {lineto} bd /mt {moveto} bd } { /lt {rlineto} bd /mt {rmoveto} bd } ifelse % now have movements programmed rc dup (N) eq { (FS: Sequence number not supported ) = rc pop } if dup (G) eq { (FS: General function not supported ) = rc pop } if (Now in FS using expanded rc) = % ** if use rc, numbers in stack get altered ** % in FS with rc strung out (("--nostringval--" is file token)) % 3 --nostringval-- 2 2 true // after "rc" % in FS using rc as one would want % 3 --nostringval-- 3 3 true // after rc dup (X) eq { pop rc 2 1 roll dup (~) readstring pop % rc must be strung out to work properly % dup 4 3 roll cvi exch cvi add string exch cvi neg 10 exch exp stack % now have X multiplier, string of proper length, file token, bool on L % for kiss, would ...

Problems problems....
I've got Fujitsu MAN3184MP and Adaptec 29160 scsi card. Sometimes i have this message "A disk read error occured" , sometimes even bios does not recognize it, sometimes it does but the boot sequence does not start it seems that motherboard bios has problems with it ( so it seems to me, i could be wrong about that assumption) . Then i reset and it all works perfectly. I've noticed a speed degradation in Win XP lately. I'm angry :)) I have LVD/SE terminator, and i think 68pin cable ( not sure about that ). Hope i gave you enough info to try and help. Thanx! -- ----------------------------------- Makni #### iz adrese Seems obvious that the drive is going belly up. You could download the manufacture's utility disk and confirm it. I think time would more wisely be spent backing up your data before you can't read it at all. DaveL "biBU" <idolovcak####@inet.hr> wrote in message news:cuslus$ljq$1@fegnews.vip.hr... > I've got Fujitsu MAN3184MP and Adaptec 29160 scsi card. > > Sometimes i have this message "A disk read error occured" , sometimes even > bios does not recognize it, sometimes it does but the boot sequence does > not start it seems that motherboard bios has problems with it ( so it > seems to me, i could be wrong about that assumption) . Then i reset and it > all works perfectly. I've noticed a speed degradation in Win XP lately. > I'm angry :)) > > ...

PDF problem
Hi you can try this. ods pdf file='c:\test.pdf' style=sasweb startpage=on; proc print data=sashelp.class (obs=10); title 'Report 1'; run; proc print data=sashelp.air (obs=10); title 'Report 2'; run; ods pdf close; Urvir Palan SAS Consultant India --------------------------------- Do you Yahoo!? Yahoo! Mail Address AutoComplete - You start. We finish. ...

PDF TO PDF/A
Hello, is it possible to convert a PDF file to PDFA file ? i tried the -dPDFA option and i vefy my pdf file with PDF longlife. I have an error. Thanks for help. ...

pdf problem
Hi, I am generating the pdf file from latex in Winedit 5.3. However, the pdf file has a different text height and width from the ps file generated out of the latex. The fonts look smaller in the printed paper from pdf. Then I used Adobe Distiller and gsview to convert the ps file to pdf, the sizes are still different. Does anyone know any ways to convert pdf to ps while preserving the same layout? sincerely ------------- Kuan Zhou ECSE department Kuan Zhou <zhouk@rpi.edu> writes: > I am generating the pdf file from latex in Winedit 5.3. >However, the pdf file has a different text height and width >from the ps file generated out of the latex. The fonts look smaller in >the printed paper from pdf. Then I used Adobe Distiller and gsview to >convert the ps file to pdf, the sizes are still different. > > Does anyone know any ways to convert pdf to ps while >preserving the same layout? all the techniques i know of preserve the ostensible layout of the file. what you're (almost certainly) experiencing is a particularly stupid bug in acrobat reader: there's a box in the printer dialogue that says "fit to page" (in older versions), "shrink to fit" (iirc, in the latest version) -- that box is checked by default and shouldn't be. the bug is, that reader makes the output fit the withing the printable area of the paper, even though the original file has sufficient margins built-in. (the switch is useful ...

Problem with Postscript
Hallo Group, I am looking for something like a postscript-only interpreter. there I'd like to register callback functions for "drawing a line", drawing a circle, drawing text .... is something like that available ? the ghostview library does not seem to be apropriate. thank you in advance. Guenther Sohler wrote: > Hallo Group, > > I am looking for something like a postscript-only interpreter. > there I'd like to register callback functions for "drawing a line", > drawing a circle, drawing text .... > > is something lik...

app problem
Does anyone have any idea why an app would suddenly go mute? My Rachel Maddow has lost its sound! At first I thought I had accidentally muted everything, but the others are fine. I deleted it from the iPad and fed it the backup from the computer, but tgat had no effect. I'm stumped. -- Erilar, biblioholic medievalist with iPad Rachel Madcow sounds best when muted. "Erilar" wrote in message news:isujt1$che$1@dont-email.me... Does anyone have any idea why an app would suddenly go mute? My Rachel Maddow has lost its sound! At first I thought I had accidentally muted everything, but the others are fine. I deleted it from the iPad and fed it the backup from the computer, but tgat had no effect. I'm stumped. -- Erilar, biblioholic medievalist with iPad --- Posted via news://freenews.netfront.net/ - Complaints to news@netfront.net --- On Sat, 11 Jun 2011 02:28:49 +0000 (UTC), Erilar <drache@chibardun.netinvalid> wrote: >Does anyone have any idea why an app would suddenly go mute? My Rachel >Maddow has lost its sound! At first I thought I had accidentally muted >everything, but the others are fine. I deleted it from the iPad and fed it >the backup from the computer, but tgat had no effect. I'm stumped. Has it been updated recently? -- "In no part of the constitution is more wisdom to be found, than in the clause which confides the question of war or peace to the legislature, and n...

PDF Problems
I don't remember when, (a while back), I started having trouble printing to Acrobat 5. If there's a bitmap in my dwg, like my stamp and sig, they are printing "mirrored" in the Y, and so are not of much use. If I mirror them in the dwg, they look fine in the pdf. I tried tinkering with a bunch of settings in Acrobat without success. Anyone have a fix for this? -- MichaelB www.michaelbulatovich.ca This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C6C2FC.C747B3B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Is pss file modified in cad=20 "Michael Bulatovich" <Please@dont.try> wrote in message = news:ec5csl02lsg@news1.newsguy.com... I don't remember when, (a while back), I started having trouble = printing to=20 Acrobat 5. If there's a bitmap in my dwg, like my stamp and sig, they = are=20 printing "mirrored" in the Y, and so are not of much use. If I mirror = them=20 in the dwg, they look fine in the pdf. I tried tinkering with a bunch = of=20 settings in Acrobat without success. Anyone have a fix for this? --=20 MichaelB www.michaelbulatovich.ca ------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C6C2FC.C747B3B0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN&quo...

Problems with PDF
Hi all, I want to load a PDF file using OLE Control in VO. But I don't know what object I have to use. The objectif is to recover the first page. Can someone help me please ? Thank you Manu Hi Manu, you can generate an OLE Control from Microsoft Webbrowser (via Tools/Setup OLE Control), put it on a dialog window and use the method Navigate(cFile) to show the PDF-file. Michael Manu schrieb: > Hi all, > I want to load a PDF file using OLE Control in VO. But I don't know what > object I have to use. > The objectif is to recover the first pa...

problem with pdf
Hi, I have written an article in latex with many graphs pruduced by gnuplot (with terminal pslatex solid color auxfile). Now I am supposed to produce a pdf-file. Of course, simply running pdflatex does not work since in this case all the graphs are gone. Unfortunately, I do have quite a lot labels with latex-code in my plots. Any ideas what is the best way to produce pdf-output for my graphs with all those labels typeset nicely? Basically, I am looking for something like "set terminal pdflatex". Best regards, Catherine. Catilina wrote: > Hi, > > I have written an article in latex with many graphs pruduced by gnuplot > (with terminal pslatex solid color auxfile). > Now I am supposed to produce a pdf-file. Of course, simply running > pdflatex does not work since in this case all the graphs are gone. > Unfortunately, I do have quite a lot labels with latex-code in my > plots. Any ideas what is the best way to produce pdf-output for my > graphs with all those labels typeset nicely? Basically, I am looking > for something like > "set terminal pdflatex". Simplest solution by far: convert your Postscript document to PDF using Distiller or ps2pdf. Is there any reason this won't work? If you really need to use pdflatex, then you'll have to use the epslatex terminal. This will require modifification of your LaTeX document to use the graphicx package and \includegraphics, rather than \i...

Convert PDF to Word by Wondershare PDF to Word on Mac App Store
PDF to Word is a PDF to Word converter specially designed for Mac OS X users. It converts PDF to Word and preserves all the text, images, layouts, hyperlinks, tables and graphics with high accuracy. After conversion, you can easily edit PDF files or reuse the contents in other applications. ...

Re: Weird problem with ODS PDF
Problem Note 32003: Text searches return different results in PDF files created by ODS PDF http://support.sas.com/kb/32/003.html The Details section for the note clarifies that "different" means "not correct". ;-) Fortunately, a hot fix is available. Search strategy -- I searched in Samples and SAS Notes for the words ODS, PDF, and search. HTH! Mike Rhoads RhoadsM1@Westat.com -----Original Message----- From: SAS(r) Discussion [mailto:SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of Jeremy Miles Sent: Friday, February 19, 2010 1:02 PM To: SAS-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU Subject: Weird p...

Web resources about - OPro/ Postscript/ PDF problem - comp.sys.acorn.apps

PostScript - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The concepts of the PostScript language were seeded in 1976 when John Warnock was working at Evans & Sutherland , a computer graphics company. ...

John Eligon - A postscript to my interview with white... - Facebook
A postscript to my interview with white nationalist, Paul Craig Cobb ... I had knocked on doors in high-crime neighborhoods, spent time interviewing... ...

Flickr: PostScript.EdmontonJournal's Photostream
Explore PostScript.EdmontonJournal's photostream on Flickr. This user has 138 photos on Flickr.

Admire Rakti death a sad Cup postscript
... and died after finishing last in the Melbourne Cup. Favourite Admire Rakti collapsed and died after the Melbourne Cup, adding a sad postscript ...

A postscript to 'The Killing Season': Was there a coup d'etat over mining tax?
Sarah Ferguson's ABC series left one crucial question unanswered.

TFS Kanban talk in Indianapolis, postscript
I've been wanting to write this since giving a talk last week at the Indianapolis TFS user group. Paul Hacker started this group and leads the ...

Potter postscript: 10 great, and 10 not-so-great, things about Harry Potter (Plus: The best scenes) ...
As the Harry Potter film series reaches the end of the story, we look back on the highs and lows of the Harry Potter phenomenon.

Postscript from Penn State-Loyola Maryland men's lacrosse
The Loyola Maryland men&rsquo;s lacrosse team likes to pepper opposing goalkeepers with shots. But the offense prefers to have a little production ...

Sunday Classics preview: A Leon Fleisher postscript
... this July 1956 Epic Debussy-Ravel LP. by Ken No, no, Fleisher hasn't died at least not that I know. What I mean in the post title is a "postscript" ...