f



PDF / PS / PDF conversion

Hi,

I need to add titles to some PDF files I've been sent.  My normal
method of hand-editting in Zap doesn't work for these particular files,
so I did the following:

1. Display PDF file (using !PDF)
2. Print to PS file (using !PS3 and 'print to file')
3. Convert back to PDF, adding title (using !PrintPDF)

This works, and the result looks the same despite reducing the filesize
from 219k to 98k.  But the hyperlinks are no longer hyperlinks -
they're not displayed in blue or clickable.

1. Is there any way to retain the hyperlinks?
2. Is there an easier way to edit PDF files?

Thanks,
Chris.

0
news6849 (105)
5/20/2011 9:44:24 AM
comp.sys.acorn.apps 4795 articles. 1 followers. Post Follow

5 Replies
1072 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 31

On 20/05/2011 10:44, Chris Bell wrote:
> I need to add titles to some PDF files I've been sent.  My normal
> method of hand-editting in Zap doesn't work for these particular files,
> so I did the following:
>
> 1. Display PDF file (using !PDF)
> 2. Print to PS file (using !PS3 and 'print to file')
> 3. Convert back to PDF, adding title (using !PrintPDF)
>
> This works, and the result looks the same despite reducing the filesize
> from 219k to 98k.  But the hyperlinks are no longer hyperlinks -
> they're not displayed in blue or clickable.
>
> 1. Is there any way to retain the hyperlinks?

No, it's lost when converting to postscript.

> 2. Is there an easier way to edit PDF files?

Any number of PDF editors for other platforms.

---druck
0
news5802 (529)
5/20/2011 6:00:54 PM
druck <news@druck.org.uk> wrote:
> On 20/05/2011 10:44, Chris Bell wrote:
> > I need to add titles to some PDF files I've been sent.  My normal
> > method of hand-editting in Zap doesn't work for these particular
> > files, so I did the following:
> > 1. Is there any way to retain the hyperlinks?

> No, it's lost when converting to postscript.

> > 2. Is there an easier way to edit PDF files?

> Any number of PDF editors for other platforms.

> ---druck

Once again, many thanks.

Chris.

0
news6849 (105)
5/20/2011 7:40:12 PM
The following bytes were arranged on 20 May 2011 by Chris Bell :

> 1. Display PDF file (using !PDF)
> 2. Print to PS file (using !PS3 and 'print to file')

Erm, can you not just use !PDF's Save > Postscript menu?  All this does
is decompress it, so you won't lose anything.

-- 
  __<^>__   "Did you know that polar bears stay white all year round? ...The
 / _   _ \  white colour makes them less visible to the seals and penguins they
( ( |_| ) ) hunt."  - Nelson Thornes AQA-endorsed GCSE science textbook
 \_>   <_/  ======================= Martin Bazley ==========================
0
5/20/2011 7:47:44 PM
In article <e1837ed651.martin@blueyonder.co.uk>,
   Martin Bazley <martin.bazley@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> The following bytes were arranged on 20 May 2011 by Chris Bell :

> > 1. Display PDF file (using !PDF)
> > 2. Print to PS file (using !PS3 and 'print to file')

> Erm, can you not just use !PDF's Save > Postscript menu?  All this
> does is decompress it, so you won't lose anything.

No.  I tried that.  !PDF puts an A5 document into the middle of an A4
sheet.  Printing allows me to select the correct A5 size paper.

Chris.

0
news6849 (105)
5/20/2011 8:48:26 PM
In message <e1837ed651.martin@blueyonder.co.uk>
          Martin Bazley <martin.bazley@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> The following bytes were arranged on 20 May 2011 by Chris Bell :

>> 1. Display PDF file (using !PDF)
>> 2. Print to PS file (using !PS3 and 'print to file')

> Erm, can you not just use !PDF's Save > Postscript menu?  All this does
> is decompress it, so you won't lose anything.

Not quite. That still does a considerable amount of conversion work 
and loses many things. You are right in that it will probably retain 
more information than printing to PostScript from !PDF because the 
latter goes through three conversion steps:

PDF => Draw file => RISC OS printing system => RISC OS PS driver,
and each of these steps potentially loses information.

-- 
Martin
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Martin Wuerthner         MW Software      http://www.mw-software.com/
        RISC OS Software for Design, Printing and Publishing
---------------------------------------------------------------------
0
spamtrap3075 (2307)
5/23/2011 10:34:17 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

PDF TO PDF/A
Hello, is it possible to convert a PDF file to PDFA file ? i tried the -dPDFA option and i vefy my pdf file with PDF longlife. I have an error. Thanks for help. ...

ps to pdf conversion
Hello Guys, I have a little problem when converting ps to pdf in my linux. Whenever I convert my ps file to pdf file, I get only a small section of the ps in my pdf output. Basically, the ps to pdf conversion truncates most of the picture from the ps.Does anyone know how to solve this problem ? Are there some options I must select in order to retain the full picture from the the conversion ? Thanks, Uchenna uche wrote: > Hello Guys, > > I have a little problem when converting ps to pdf in my linux. > Whenever I convert my ps file to pdf file, I get only a small section > of the ps in my pdf output. Basically, the ps to pdf conversion > truncates most of the picture from the ps.Does anyone know how to > solve this problem ? Are there some options I must select in order to > retain the full picture from the the conversion ? What is the desired size of a ps that has this behaviour? I suspect (but you haven't said) that your PS are quite large, and you're simply hitting a standard papersize - probably A4 or Letter. BugBear On Jun 12, 5:46 am, bugbear <bugbear@trim_papermule.co.uk_trim> wrote: > uche wrote: > > Hello Guys, > > > I have a little problem when converting ps to pdf in my linux. > > Whenever I convert my ps file to pdf file, I get only a small section > > of the ps in my pdf output. Basically, the ps to pdf conversion > > truncates most of the picture from the ps.Does anyone know how...

[pdfmark] create Image XObject from PS file during PS->PDF conversion
Hi newsgroup, I'm trying to create an Image XObject from an external PS file, containing an image or a vector graphics, using pdfmarks and the `(file.eps) (r) file' Postscript command during destilling (preferably by means of Ghostscript). The resulting XObject is later to be used as a ressource, not for usual display on the page. Help (maybe working code snippets?) is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Alexander Alexander Grahn wrote: > Hi newsgroup, > > I'm trying to create an Image XObject from an external PS file, > containing an image or a vector graphics, using pdfmarks and the > `(file.eps) (r) file' Postscript command during destilling (preferably > by means of Ghostscript). The resulting XObject is later to be used as > a ressource, not for usual display on the page. > > Help (maybe working code snippets?) is greatly appreciated. > > Thanks, > Alexander Here's the kind of thing I do. Note that this is not exactly my production code and I haven't tested it; but it's paraphrased from actual code. Hope this helps. % incorporate picture of cat as XFORM [ /BBox [0 0 400 300] /_objdef { PictureOfCat } /BP pdfmark save gsave /showpage {} def /setpagedevice /pop load def (path/PictureOfCat.eps) (r) file grestore restore [ /EP pdfmark % incorporate picture of dog as XFORM [ /BBox [0 0 400 300] /_objdef { PictureOfDog } /BP pdfmark save gsave /showpage {} def /setpagedevice /pop load def (path/Picture...

pdf to ps conversion with GhostScript
I like the PostScript files made by Imagemagick when I type: convert myinp.pdf[3] myout.ps, because I can understand these PostScript files (obvious array of lines representing the pixels). I am trying to obtain the same results without Imagemagick like this: C:\gs\gs6.50\bin\gswin32c -q -dQUIET -dPARANOIDSAFER -dBATCH -dNOPAUSE -dNOPROMPT -dMaxBitmap=500000000 -dEPSCrop -dAlignToPixels=0 -dGridFitTT=0 -sDEVICE=pnmraw -dTextAlphaBits=4 -dGraphicsAlphaBits=4 -r72x72 -dFirstPage=4 -dLastPage=4 -sOutputFile=myout.ps -- myinp.pdf but then the PostScript obtained offenses GSview! I can obtain a usable PostScript by saying sDEVICE=pswrite instead of pnmraw, but then this PostScript is not as clear as that of Imagemagick. I relied on what Imagemagick says with the -verbose option. How can I obtain the same PostScript output with gswin32c? Regards, Jean-Pierre Coulon (here "cacas.pam" is what others call "nospam") Jean-Pierre Coulon wrote: > I like the PostScript files made by Imagemagick when I type: > convert myinp.pdf[3] myout.ps, > because I can understand these PostScript files (obvious array of lines > representing the pixels). > > I am trying to obtain the same results without Imagemagick like this: > > C:\gs\gs6.50\bin\gswin32c -q -dQUIET -dPARANOIDSAFER -dBATCH -dNOPAUSE > -dNOPROMPT -dMaxBitmap=500000000 -dEPSCrop -dAlignToPixels=0 -dGridFitTT=0 > -sDEVICE=pnmraw -dTextAlphaBits=4 -dGraphicsAlphaBits=4 -r72...

Copy from a PDF to PDF
Is it possible to copy a piece of text from a page (not the whole page) from a PDF file and paste it into another PDF file in a desired position? Thanks in article YT2Fb.22892$vi2.19893@twister.auna.com, jesusp at jesusp@arrakis.es wrote on 12/20/03 1:09 PM: > Is it possible to copy a piece of text from a page (not the whole page) from > a PDF file and paste it into another PDF file in a desired position? - Yep - copy and paste. You may have to crop it first to get just what you want. And it may not paste into position - you need to move it around. - I suppose it depends on which applications you have at hand. Acrobat will certainly do it. MSD Thx, I crop the desired rectangle in the first PDF, select it with the TouchUp Object Tool, then copy it, but the WHOLE page is pasted in the second PDF and I'd like to have only the part I want. At least this is what I get with ACROBAT 5.0. Am I doing something wrong? "WharfRat" <wharfrat@footprintsphotographics.com> wrote in message news:BC09FB34.10D43%wharfrat@footprintsphotographics.com... in article YT2Fb.22892$vi2.19893@twister.auna.com, jesusp at jesusp@arrakis.es wrote on 12/20/03 1:09 PM: > Is it possible to copy a piece of text from a page (not the whole page) from > a PDF file and paste it into another PDF file in a desired position? - Yep - copy and paste. You may have to crop it first to get just what you want. And it may not paste into position - you need to move it around. - I...

pdf workflow: good app for concatenating pdf files?
hi there who knows of a good application or services plug-in for concatenating PDF files? thanks, leo leo wrote: > hi there > > who knows of a good application or services plug-in for concatenating PDF > files? > > thanks, leo > > I recall successfully trying once something called joinpdf. leo <halloleo@noospaam.myrealbox.com> wrote: > who knows of a good application or services plug-in for concatenating PDF > files? Freeware: <http://www.monkeybreadsoftware.de/Freeware/CombinePDFs.html> ...

PDF TO PDF MULTIPAGES
Hello, (gs 8.54 -Windows XP) i try this to convert a pdf file to one pdf file per page: gs.exe -sDEVICE=pdfwrite -o c:\fic-%d.pdf -q c:\colle.pdf It doesn't work. Is works with jpeg files: gs.exe -sDEVICE=jpeg -o c:\fic-%d.jpg -q c:\colle.pdf Thanks for Help. Christophe BADET Christophe BADET wrote: > Hello, > > (gs 8.54 -Windows XP) > i try this to convert a pdf file to one pdf file per page: > > gs.exe -sDEVICE=pdfwrite -o c:\fic-%d.pdf -q c:\colle.pdf > It doesn't work. > Is works with jpeg files: > gs.exe -sDEVICE=jpeg -o c:\fic-%d.jpg -q c:\colle.pdf > Thanks for Help. > Christophe BADET No, this technique won't work, since the pdfwrite device supports multiple page output. You can get the result this way rem replace 33 with real last page number for /L %i in (1,1,33) do gs.exe -sDEVICE=pdfwrite -dFirstPage=%i -dLastPage=%i -sOutputFile=c:\fic-%i.pdf -q c:\colle.pdf But a much easier way is to use pdftk: pdftk.exe c:\colle.pdf burst http://www.pdfhacks.com/pdftk/ In article <456b03f5$0$1027$426a74cc@news.free.fr>, Christophe BADET wrote: > (gs 8.54 -Windows XP) > i try this to convert a pdf file to one pdf file per page: > PDF Tool Kit. As the home page (which you'll have to Google for) says "it's an electronic staple-remover, hole punch, stapler and general tray of tools for doing to PDFs what you'd do with ink-on-paper" Specifically, it has an "e...

4x PDF Help
Hi Everyone -- we've launched a new question and answer site for all PDF questions. It's based on the highly popular technology platform used by StackOverflow.com, and provides a great environment for getting your questions answered and answering other people's questions. Check it out --> http://help.4xpdf.com/ Cheers, - Rowan. ...

PDF/A setting in LaTeX->PS->PDF documents
Hi all, I get an error for all my pdf document (LaTeX->PS->PDF - hyperref compatible) whenever i use Verify PDF/A-1b with pitstop. My error at pitstop is "Syntax Problem: Real value out of range (too high)." and my latex source package that i tried below. 1. "\RequirePackage[bookmarks=true,colorlinks=true,breaklinks=true,unicode] {hyperref}%" please advise how can i solve this error. thanks in advance VP <pvklatexsoft@gmail.com> wrote: > I get an error for all my pdf document (LaTeX->PS->PDF - hyperref > compatible) whenever i use Verify PDF/A-1b with pitstop. > > My error at pitstop is "Syntax Problem: Real value out of range (too > high)." > and my latex source package that i tried below. > > 1. > "\RequirePackage[bookmarks=true,colorlinks=true,breaklinks=true,unicode] > {hyperref}%" Add option `pdfa'. That doesn't mean that the result is PDF/A (hyperref doesn't control the PDF generation). At least some constructs of hyperref are disabled that are forbidden in PDF/A. -- Heiko Oberdiek VP <pvklatexsoft@gmail.com> wrote: > I get an error for all my pdf document (LaTeX->PS->PDF - hyperref > compatible) whenever i use Verify PDF/A-1b with pitstop. > > My error at pitstop is "Syntax Problem: Real value out of range (too > high)." > and my latex source package that i tried below. A minimal example and the pdf file would be nic...

How can I convert .txt to .pdf or .pdf to .pdf, controlling fonts?
I am trying to put some Quicken reports onto my iPhone, and I find the default .pdf print font is not clear enough. I'd like to try the Arial font (which I find to be the clearest of all fonts), but this involves either 1- converting the Quicken report .txt file to a .pdf, somehow, with control of the font, or 2- converting the Quicken report .pdf file from the default font to an Arial font .pdf and then moving the resulting .pdf to my iPhone. So far, I have failed. Does anyone know how to do this, either on a mac or on a pc? In article <4cdd4f7e$0$18655$c3e8da3$38634283@news.astraweb.com>, Gary <gary_w1@hotline.com> wrote: > I am trying to put some Quicken reports onto my iPhone, and I find > the default .pdf print font is not clear enough. I'd like to try the > Arial font (which I find to be the clearest of all fonts), but this > involves either > > 1- converting the Quicken report .txt file to a .pdf, somehow, with > control of the font, or > > 2- converting the Quicken report .pdf file from the default font to > an Arial font .pdf > > and then moving the resulting .pdf to my iPhone. > > So far, I have failed. Does anyone know how to do this, either on a > mac or on a pc? Open the file in Quicken. Use the Arial font in the size of your choice. Select "Print" and then click on the "PDF" button on the print dialog box. Se...

Size change on ps to pdf conversion
I would appreciate your help on this matter: I am using MikTex 2.4 on a PC running XP. I am using Texnic Centre 1 beta 6.21 as the front end. I am preparing a camera-ready manuscript and have everything adjusted "just right", or so it appears when I send the PostScript file direct to my printer. However, when I convert PS to PDF using either the DVI->PS->PDF option in Texnic Centre or using Adobe Distiller 6.0, and then print the PDF file, everything is just a little bit smaller (2% or so), which then means that my pages do not conform to the requirement of the publisher. Just to re-iterate, the PS file is perfect - the dimensions match exactly what I asked for in LATEX. It is the PDF which is wrong. Many thanks for your help. James Keeler James Keeler wrote: > I would appreciate your help on this matter: > > I am using MikTex 2.4 on a PC running XP. I am using Texnic Centre 1 > beta 6.21 as the front end. > > I am preparing a camera-ready manuscript and have everything adjusted > "just right", or so it appears when I send the PostScript file direct > to my printer. > > However, when I convert PS to PDF using either the DVI->PS->PDF option > in Texnic Centre or using Adobe Distiller 6.0, and then print the PDF > file, everything is just a little bit smaller (2% or so), which then > means that my pages do not conform to the requirement of the > publisher. > > Just to re-iterate, the P...

Convert PDF to Word by Wondershare PDF to Word on Mac App Store
PDF to Word is a PDF to Word converter specially designed for Mac OS X users. It converts PDF to Word and preserves all the text, images, layouts, hyperlinks, tables and graphics with high accuracy. After conversion, you can easily edit PDF files or reuse the contents in other applications. ...

.pdf to .ps -- a *robust* .ps? How?
Sometimes, via acrobat-reader "4". print to (.ps) file leaves me with a file that just won't print. Ghostview doesn't like it, nor does my hp-1200 laser-writer. Is there any other way to get a *decent* .ps? (Oh -- the .pdf shows just fine when displayed by adobe-reader (4) -- no problem there.) Ideas, suggestions, etc? Thanks! David On Sat, 30 Sep 2006, David Combs wrote: > Sometimes, via acrobat-reader "4". print to (.ps) file > leaves me with a file that just won't print. > > Ghostview doesn't like it, from which we can infer that you are on some unnamed legacy OS. If you have development tools, installing xpdf may be your best option. > nor does my hp-1200 laser-writer. > > Is there any other way to get a *decent* .ps? > > (Oh -- the .pdf shows just fine when displayed > by adobe-reader (4) -- no problem there.) > > > Ideas, suggestions, etc? Ghostscript and xpdf can convert .pdf to .ps. You can edit the .ps file to add an error handler that may give some indication of the problem. Ghostscript has a number of ways to rewrite .ps files -- maybe converting the .ps to HP PCL will work. -- George N. White III <aa056@chebucto.ns.ca> David Combs wrote: > Sometimes, via acrobat-reader "4". print to (.ps) file > leaves me with a file that just won't print. Out of curiosity, have you tried with a more current version of acroread? Perhaps there's a bug in...

PS to PDF conversion of colour space dictionaries
I need to be able to convert CIEBasedABC (etc) PS dictionaries into their equivalent PDF forms, CalRGB, Lab etc Could someone point me to the equations or algorithms to do this? Thanks S "sysyphus" <laboursofsysyphus@bigfoot.com> wrote: >I need to be able to convert CIEBasedABC (etc) PS dictionaries into their >equivalent PDF forms, CalRGB, Lab etc > >Could someone point me to the equations or algorithms to do this? In very broad outline (I haven't done this): 1. (Optional) See whether the CIEBasedABC specification is limited to only the items found in CalRGB color space. If so, convert directly using the parameters. 2. (Optional) See whether the CIEBasedABC seems to match the necessary requirements for a Lab color space. If so, convert using the parameters, with only a little juggling. 3. Convert the CIEBasedABC dictionary into an ICC profile. To do this you will need to create sample tables for interpolation, by evaluating the full parametric conversion. CIE XYZ can be set as a PCS in an ICC profile, so that part can be reasonably direct. Experiment to find a reasonable size of interpolation table: I have seen 31 x 31 x 31 used. Create an ICCBased color space using the profile as a stream. Similarly CIEBasedA and CIEBasedDEFG; expect the latter case to generate an ICC profile over 1 megabyte in size. Pay close attention to rendering intent, as the profile can contain up to three, and other factors in the PDF will dictate which is...

thin lines and ps->pdf conversion
Hi. If I draw a grid of lines (1mm apart) with 0.01 setlinewidth ...draw.... (1 mm apart) stroke 0.3 setlinewidth ...draw (10 mm apart) stroke I get a good looking ps file, but if I convert to pdf with the ps2pdf command I loose the thicker lines. If I change the width to 0.7 I can see the thicker lines again. Is there a better way to produce the pdf file from the ps file? Gunnar G wrote: > > Hi. > If I draw a grid of lines (1mm apart) with > > 0.01 setlinewidth > ...draw.... (1 mm apart) > stroke > 0.3 setlinewidth > ...draw (10 mm apart) > stroke > > I get a good looking ps file, but if I convert to pdf with the ps2pdf > command I loose the thicker lines. > If I change the width to 0.7 I can see the thicker lines again. > > Is there a better way to produce the pdf file from the ps file? If you look at the PDF at various magnifications, do the lines reappear? I remember sometimes having issues with horizontal or vertical lines covering 2 adjacent screen pixel rows/columns only parially. Helge -- Helge Blischke Softwareentwicklung SRZ Berlin | Firmengruppe besscom http://www.srz.de > If you look at the PDF at various magnifications, do the lines reappear? I will check this tomorrow since I don't have access to the windows XP machine with ghostscript right now, but in Linux the lines does in fact turn up at 600-800% magnification. Anyway, the printer doesn't print any of the lines unless I m...

thick lines and ps->pdf conversion
Hi. I have created a postscript file and converted it to pdf with the ps2pdf command. The ps file looks and prints alright, but the pdf file doesn't. The picture is a grid of straight lines (a coordinate system), some thiner, some thicker. When I view in acrobat, I need 600-800% magnification to see the thicker lines. I can live with that. But when I print the pdf, I don't see any thicker lines (as I see on the paper from the ps print), all lines has the sime thicknes. The printer is a HP 4000. Here below is the postscript code if that is of interest. %!PS-Adobe-3.0 /mm { 2.8346...

Papersize problem in PS -> PDF (Distiller) conversion
Hi, I have a problem converting a PS file to PDF where to PS file can be either a A4 or A3 sized page. I have installed a HP driver that send output to a FILE: port, where Adobe Distiller picks it up and converts to PDF. The process itself works fine, but the pagesize (%%BoundingBox/%%PageBoundingBox) tag in the PS file does not seem to be recognized, and everything comes out as A4 (for the A3 page, this means only part of the page, not scaled). I have attached the first part of the 2 PS files (both completely blank pages) and was wondering if anyone is able to tell me why Adobe's Distiller does not recognize the pagesize. Any help is much apperciated. ----- A4 %-12345X@PJL JOB @PJL ENTER LANGUAGE = POSTSCRIPT %!PS-Adobe-3.0 %%Title: Microsoft Word - file.doc %%Creator: PScript5.dll Version 5.2 %%CreationDate: 11/11/2003 9:55:19 %%For: tcesa %%BoundingBox: (atend) %%Pages: (atend) %%Orientation: Portrait %%PageOrder: Special %%DocumentNeededResources: (atend) %%DocumentSuppliedResources: (atend) %%DocumentData: Clean7Bit %%TargetDevice: (DesignJet 5000PS) (3010.108) 1 %%LanguageLevel: 3 %%EndComments %%BeginDefaults %%PageBoundingBox: 0 0 595 842 %%ViewingOrientation: 1 0 0 1 %%EndDefaults %%BeginProlog << REST CUT >> ----- A3 %-12345X@PJL JOB @PJL ENTER LANGUAGE = POSTSCRIPT %!PS-Adobe-3.0 %%Title: Microsoft Word - file.doc %%Creator: PScript5.dll Version 5.2 %%CreationDate: 11/11/2003 9:55:24 %%For: tcesa %%BoundingBox: (atend) %%Pages: (atend) %%Ori...

Panther Preview: how to automate PS->PDF conversion?
I love Preview in Panther and how it can turn a PS into a PDF. I can call "open -a Preview" from the command line on the PS file and it will convert to a PDF. What I want, though is for that command to _save_ it as a PDF automatically. In the title bar it is called filename.pdf, but it's not actually filename.pdf; if there's already another filename.pdf, it does not write over it, so I find this inconsistent. I would like to have a button on the title bar that said "Yes, write this as a pdf" that would write over filename.pdf. As it is, I have to Save As and find ...

A PDF into a FM file then save as pdf... how to have alll the pages of the included pdf file
FM 7.2 We can import a complete PDF file as an object into a framemaker file. Then when we try to generate a pdf from this framemaker file, we have only the firts page of the pdf imported. Is there a method to import a pdf file and force FM to generate a pdf file with save as... with the complete pdf file inserted into the padf ? > We can import a complete PDF file as an object into a framemaker file. Then > when we try to generate a pdf from this framemaker file, we have only the > firts page of the pdf imported. > > Is there a method to import a pdf file and force FM to generate a pdf file > with save as... with the complete pdf file inserted into the padf ? FrameMaker imports PDF files per page only. To do something similar to what you intend, I once came up with a Windows shell script that writes out a MIF file, incorporating the name of a referenced PDF file and its page count. Note that the MIF code was just stripped off a file and isn't constructed very nicely, but it does the job. After running the script, you should use FrameMaker to open and save the output file. There is no text flow, thus you can't import the file into a document, but you can use it as part of a book instead. Regards Johannes Here is the VB script, feel free to post an optimized version: Dim fso, mif, pdfname, pagecount, counter Set fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") pdfname = InputBox("Name o...

Printing a PDF from Another PDF
is there any way I can print a PDF Document from another PDF. The reason I am asking this is that I have a PDF list containing approx. 50 PDF Documents and would like to be able to print a chosen Document from my list rather than linking to it and then printing it when it has opened. Thanks in anticipation ...

ps to pdf
Hello, I was wondering if I can get little help with a problem I have converting my ps/eps files (produced with GNUplot) into PDF files. I use both acrobat program or simply ps2pdf and I get from a 200K ps/eps file a 600K PDF file! Even so the files aren't huge, when I try to show them up in acrobat viewer in fullscreen mode the big files are not complete (I get only the frame and numbers, but not th curves). If there is some help, I would appreciate it Thanks CA CA wrote: > Hello, > > I was wondering if I can get little help with a problem I have > converting my ps/eps files (produced with GNUplot) into PDF files. I > use both acrobat program or simply ps2pdf and I get from a 200K ps/eps > file a 600K PDF file! > Hm, i use epstopdf under linux and this produce, just checked two examples, smaler pdf out of the ps. Valid for vector/line plots. pm3d-Plots up to now not tryed... Olaf On 2006-11-23, CA <carlos.a.arango@gmail.com> wrote: > I was wondering if I can get little help with a problem I have > converting my ps/eps files (produced with GNUplot) into PDF files. ps2pdf (a wrapper for ghostscript) has always worked flawlessly for me. Alternatively you could try the pdf terminal type. -- Grant Edwards grante@visi.com I was trying the PDF terminal but (maybe?) is it not available yet for GNUplot 4.0? (maybe is a problem of windows only). On Nov 23, 3:14 pm, Grant Edward...

ps to pdf
Is there any way to code bookmarks /links in a ps file so that when converted to pdf links will work? TIA jim In article <TpT0b.3045$xf.2596@lakeread04>, jlundy2001@cox.net says... > > Is there any way to code bookmarks /links in a ps file so that > when converted to pdf links will work? pdfmark. This assumes your distiller application understands the pdfmark operator. The operator is documented in the PDF Reference I think. Ken Sharp wrote: > In article <TpT0b.3045$xf.2596@lakeread04>, jlundy2001@cox.net > says... >> >> Is there any way to code bookmarks /links in a ps file so >> that when converted to pdf links will work? > > pdfmark. This assumes your distiller application understands > the pdfmark operator. The operator is documented in the PDF > Reference I think. Thanks. That was it. ...

pdf conversion
Hi, I m newbie to the php, I copied a code and pasted it in dreamweaver and opened it in my local host. still i got these problems! Can u please rectify my probs? The Program is <?php require('fpdf.php'); $pdf=new FPDF(); $pdf->AddPage(); $pdf->SetFont('Arial','B',16); $pdf->Cell(40,10,'Hello World!'); $pdf->Output(); ?> and the out put is: Warning: require(fpdf.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\wamp\www\pdf\pdf.php on line 2 Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'fpdf.php' (include_path='.;C:\php5\pear') in C:\wamp\www\pdf\pdf.php on line 2 can u resolve this problem,And can u send me a source code if time and thigs avail.. Thank u chandoo escribi�: > require('fpdf.php'); > Warning: require(fpdf.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: > No such file or directory in C:\wamp\www\pdf\pdf.php on line 2 It's pretty straightforward: the file "C:\wamp\www\pdf\fpdf.php" does not exist. Did you download and install FPDF? -- -+ http://alvaro.es - �lvaro G. Vicario - Burgos, Spain ++ Mi sitio sobre programaci�n web: http://bits.demogracia.com +- Mi web de humor austroh�ngaro: http://www.demogracia.com -- Hi A.G.vicario no i dont know where to down load it. is it the address (The address u given on u r reply)to download the fpdf. Thank u can u send me any snippets of code to understand it better ...

Image PDF to Searchable PDF
Hello, Is there any way to convert an image only PDF to a searchable PDF without going through a scanner? In other words, are there software that can do this task directly on the computer? Or, does using OCR software merely mean running the image PDF file through the software and produce a searchable PDF? What reliable softwares are available? Are there programs that run independently? That is, without needing full Acrobat or aome other adjunct software? Thanks, Guru gururajan20815@yahoo.com (Gururajan Ramachandran) wrote in message news:<f72691a.0311200601.27406ab7@posting.google.co...

Web resources about - PDF / PS / PDF conversion - comp.sys.acorn.apps

Conversion (law) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Its criminal counterpart is theft . Examples are seen in cases where trees are cut down and the lumber hauled from the land by someone not having ...

Personalized Notifications Can Increase Conversion Up to 300%
... to avoid sending generic push notifications to every user. By sending personalized notifications instead, companies can see their conversion ...

Ex-gay conversion therapy challenged in federal consumer fraud lawsuit
... a federal consumer fraud complaint with the Federal Trade Commission against People Can Change, an organization that practices ex-gay conversion ...

10 Copywriting Tips You Can Use Right Now To Boost Conversion Rates
Writing great content is quite possibly the quickest and most cost-effective way to increase your conversion rates. Great content creates engagement ...

Hail Caesar! The 'other' Roman Centurion conversion movie is a bizarre, self-satisfied mess
Martin Saunders went to see 'Hail Caesar!', and found the whole thing incredibly disappointing.

First Solar Achieves New Conversion Efficiency World Record For CdTe Solar PV Cells
Originally published on Sustainnovate. By Henry Lindon A new conversion efficiency world record for cadmium-telluride solar photovoltaic cells ...

A Response To Jonah Goldberg On His Mistaken Claim Of My Trumpine Conversion
I prefer an economic-growth solution to middle-class angst, not a protectionist program.

What Is the Difference Between the Conversion and Recharacterization of an IRA?
... there are certain rules and tax implications you need to know about. Photo: www.TaxCredits.net . When it comes to IRAs, the terms "conversion" ...

Pay At The Pump Mobile App Could Eliminate Need For Costly EMV Conversions At Gas Stations
Gas stations and convenience stores have until Oct. 1, 2017 to replace mag swipe card readers with EMV or face the liability for fraud. A Finnish ...

TODD STARNES: Students told to write essay on their conversion to Islam
TODD STARNES: Students told to write essay on their conversion to Islam

Resources last updated: 3/28/2016 11:51:00 AM