Virtual Acorn in Admin and User #2

I am running VRPC on a Windows 7 PC. I can log on as Admin or User, but
do all my normal working as a User. Very recently the User Account
crashed and when I try to start VRPC as a User I get the message &.!BOOT
not found. VRPC runs perfectly in Admin, but all my printer settings etc
are set up in User. How can I get VRPC working in User? - I need it to
do my Christmas Cards.

Thanks
Barry

--
Barry Gray
A child is a fire to be lit not a vessel to be filled

Virtual Acorn in Admin and User
I am running VRPC on a Windows 7 PC. I can log on as Admin or User, but do all my normal working as a User. Very recently the User Account crashed and when I try to start VRPC as a User I get the message &.!BOOT not found. VRPC runs perfectly in Admin, but all my printer settings etc are set up in User. How can I get VRPC working in User? - I need it to do my Christmas Cards. Thanks Barry -- Barry Gray A child is a fire to be lit not a vessel to be filled On Sunday, December 8, 2013 4:08:07 PM UTC, Barry Gray wrote: > I am running VRPC on a Windows 7 PC. I can log on as Admin or User, but d= o all my normal working as a User. Very recently the User Account crashed a= nd when I try to start VRPC as a User I get the message &.!BOOT not found. = VRPC runs perfectly in Admin, but all my printer settings etc are set up in= User. How can I get VRPC working in User? - I need it to do my Christmas C= ards. Thanks Barry -- Barry Gray A child is a fire to be lit not a vessel t= o be filled I dunno about Windows 7, but an error message saying "File & !BOOT' not fou= nd" may mean you've corrupted the CMOS file for whichever ARM core emulatio= n you're using. Suggest try overwriting it with a backup copy, or failing t= hat use the CMOS.RAM restore utility on the master CD. There's some blurb on this topic in the VirtualRPC In Use, Supplement 10 (p= 40) on http://www.virtualacorn.co.uk/support/vrpcinuse/index....

Acorn Publisher / Acorn User / Qercus
By now some people should have received their copy of Qercus - ie issue 268 of Acorn User or vol 10 issue 1 of Acorn Publisher. The additional printing numbers and distribution is new to us so we're not sure how long it will take to get to all subscribers or to be available in the shops. Some bulk mailings to overseas customers may not go until next week. Our experience so far with the database we inherited from Tau Press is that some customers will receive duplicate copies of the magazine whilst others will not receive one at all. We have been working hard to put right as many errors as ...

Virtual Acorn #2
What is the consensus of opinion about Virtual Acorn. Does it all work ok. Printing etc. rj In message <1pd668ulru4as.1qcsv7yy7fpje$.dlg@40tude.net> Ralph Jepson <jepson@argonet.co.uk> wrote: > What is the consensus of opinion about Virtual Acorn. > Does it all work ok. Printing etc. > rj http://www.drobe.co.uk/riscos/artifact933.html http://www.drobe.co.uk/riscos/artifact900.html http://www.drobe.co.uk/features/artifact939.html To name but a few. -- Peter Naulls - peter@chocky.org | http://www.chocky.org/ --------------------------------------------...

Acorn User #2
The October issue arrived today. Only 3 weeks and a bit late! The free ads page is a bit of a laugh - Identical to last month, including the many-months-old ad that I responded to, months ago. Also, only one wrong page number in the index! After all these years, I am seriously thinking of cancelling my order for AU. The much heralded re-launch a while back seems to have made little difference, although I'm thankful that they have dropped those awful drop caps. Basic things like widows and orphans in the text don't seem to worry them at all, but in a professional magazin...

Acorn User #2
Has anyone received a copy of Acorn User later than the Christmas 2003 issue? Grahame -- email: gpolley@argonet.co.uk In message <01232c7f4c.Grahame@gpolley.argonet.co.uk> Grahame Polley <gpolley@argonet.co.uk> wrote: > Has anyone received a copy of Acorn User later than the Christmas 2003 > issue? That would be surprising. :-) Have a look at www.qercus.com for more details. Martin -- --------------------------------------------------------------------- Martin Wuerthner MW Software martin@invalidMW-software.com ...

Acorn User #2
Finnybank Ltd and Tau Press today announced the sale of Acorn User magazine. Tau Press have been responsible for publishing Acorn User for the last five years, mainly under the editorship of Steve Turnbull. The magazine now passes into the hands of Finnybank Ltd who currently produce Acorn Publisher magazine. Steve Turnbull from Tau Press commented "I am very happy that John has agreed to take over the publication of Acorn User. With Tau Press moving into new areas we won.t be able to devote all our energies to it and a change in publisher always generates new ideas and new viewpoints. Y...

Qercus (Acorn User / Acorn Publisher) binders
The new Qercus binders will be available within 2 weeks and we're taking orders now. They are available in dark blue with the Qercus logo in gold on the spine. The binders will match previous Acorn Publisher binders but will hold 14 copies of the magazine so Qercus readers will have a spare string for notes and indexes whilst Acorn Publisher readers will have room for two years' issues including two annual special issues of Qercus. Qercus is well-worth collecting so order your binder today. Binders will cost 8.95 each inc UK postage and may (just) be available at Wakefield. Until th...

Acorn 'Acorn' in Artworks #2
Oooh. Thanks to the quick support from everyone, especially Paul Sprangers and John McCartney, I now have the logo in ArtWorks format. :-) Most appreciated. Thanks again. -- Usenet replies: To contact me, visit www.vigay.com/feedback/ Quality Internet, Domain Registration & Hosting - www.orpheusinternet.co.uk/ Life, the Universe, RISC OS Help and Everything - www.vigay.com/ Share and discuss ideas or chat about the above - http://forum.vigay.com/ ...

Virtual Acorn and Pipedream #2
Thanks to all - contact now established with Gerald. The Pipedream licence comes from a genler, friendlier age and is actually far more sensible for those of us who use laptops in the way I described: it was within the terms of the license to load it into VA so I'll try it again. It's not yet clear why it throws up the initial error message - I'll work on that and if I find a solution I'll try to remember to post it. RogerH In article <50c1395c11roger.hird@argonet.co.uk>, Roger Hird <roger.hird@argonet.co.uk> wrote: > Thanks to all - con...

Virtual Acorn and Datapower 2
Hi there Can anyone tell me how to copy text in Datapower 2? Control + c then control + v or the menu option works in all other programs, OvnPro, Publisher & etc but not in Datapower 2. I'm using the StrongArm version of VA on a Vista laptop. Any help would be much appreciated TIA Gerald In article <fec10cba4f.sclater@sclater.orpheusmail.co.uk>, <sclater@orpheusmail.co.uk> wrote: > Hi there > Can anyone tell me how to copy text in Datapower 2? Control + c then > control + v or the menu option works in all other programs, OvnPro, > Publisher & etc ...

FA: Acorn Archimedes A310 and Acorn AKF50 Monitor #2
For Auction on eBay (Less than 20 hours to go): Acorn Archimedes A310 and Acorn AKF50 Monitor British Broadcasting Corporation Microcomputer System Processor: ARM 3 Memory: 8 MB Hard Disc: 350 MB Podules: Design IT E500 Access+ (Ethernet 10Base2) Oak SCSI Interface Watford Electronics Scanner Peripherals: 3-button mouse Original keyboard with extension cable Watford Electronics Hand Scanner Monitor: Acorn AKF50 with mains connection to A310 and 9/15 adapter. Slight superficial damage to monitor case. Used to be in daily use. Needed only fresh AA batteries (for CMOS RAM) to ov...

Calling all Mac Virtual Acorn users
I'm about to commit myself to getting VA for a Mac machine but before I do I wonder if you can help. Experience has taught me that 'things', even the most wonderful, can have a downside or at least limitations, and I'd rather know in advance what they are so that I can take them into consideration - rather than discover them afterwards and be disappointed. For example will all my favourite programs run smoothly? I particularly have in mind the 32-bitted version of Font Directory which runs on the Iyonix but not on ROL's RISC OS6. So if any of you feel able to share your ...

Installing apps in Xandros 2: As Admin or as user?
I wish to have a laptop with two primary users, who wil need to run the same apps. Should I install the apps (e.g., FireFox, Word (through Crosover Office Emulator), GIMP) when logged in as Administrator, or as the user? Either user can have access to the others' files, that's OK, but there will be user-specific preferences (i.e., the wife likes things her way). A search in Google didn't turn up an answer to this question, so I hope if it's inappropriate here or resolved elsewhere you can gently point me in the right direction. Thank you kindly. John Bartley wrote: > I...

Acorn System 2
Hello All, I am in need of the original Acorn System 2, 3 and 4 manuals. I've found an incomplete text-only version of the Acorn System 2 manual out on the Internet, but I'm in need of the complete books for several old units I've acquired. If anyone has one available online, could you point me in the correct direction? Thanks in advance. In message <ci4ti3185ovrimgcn3admq3c07ajj98j20@4ax.com> John Doe <someone@nospam.org> wrote: > Hello All, > > I am in need of the original Acorn System 2, 3 and 4 manuals. I've > found an incomplete te...

Acorn User
Apparently the last issue of Acorn User from Tau Press has now hit the streets. This is the Christmas issue (number 267). I'm afraid this issue is now out of stock - none at all were passed on to Finnybank Ltd and we may not even be able to get a single copy for our archives. Any we do manage to find are likely to go to those who have already been in touch with us. Not having a copy to hand we can't give a rundown on its contents but it does include what is probably the first (and last) front cover advert (for the Stuart Tyrrell Development A6 hybrid computer). Now that the Christmas...

Southampton Acorn Users Group
Our next meeting is on Monday March 8th in room S1 of Itchen College, Middle Road, Bitterne, Southampton, from 19:00 until 21:00. Admission is free and all are welcome. Please note that the April meeting will be a further 6 weeks away, on the THIRD Monday, because of the timing of Easter. We'll be back to the second Monday as from May. Dave -- n.g.boalch@durham.ac.uk, Backup Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce. Submissions to csaa@owlart.net Related mail to csaa-request@owlart.net ...

Southampton Acorn Users Group
It's almost upon us again. Monday May 9th, at Itchen College, Middle Road, Bitetrne, Southampton, from 19:00 until 21:00, probably in room E3. Admission is free and everyone is welcome. Dave _______________________________________________________________ a.m.conroy@argonet.co.uk, Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce. Submissions to csaa@owlart.net Related mail to csaa-request@owlart.net ...

Southampton Acorn Users Group
OK, everybody, let's try Tuesday again - in this case Tuesday July 10th. As usual in other respects: Itchen College, Middle Road, Bitterne, Southampton, from 19:00 until 21:00. We will be in or near room S1. Admission is free and all are welcome. You should be able to see a 4GB USB drive being read, at least. If you have any large (>2GB) drives of your own, please bring them along. Maybe there will be more stuff to see too. Don't forget: there will be no August meeting, as the college will be closed. Next meeting after this one will be in September. Dave -- n.g.boalch@du...

Southampton Acorn Users Group
The next meeting of the Southampton Acorn Users Group will take place at Itchen College Sports Centre, Deacon Road, Bitterne, Southampton, on Tuesday August 10th, from 19:00 until 21:00. We will be in room G1. I'll be showing my finished BeagleBoard system. The sports centre's car park is entered from Deacon Road, opposite White's Road. Admission is GBP1 and all are welcome. Dave _______________________________________________________________ a.m.conroy@argonet.co.uk, Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce. Submissions to csaa@owlart.net Related mail to csaa-request@owlart.net...

Southampton Acorn Users Group
I am pleased to announce that the speaker at the next meeting of the Southampton Acorn Users Group will be John-Mark Bell, one of the writers of NetSurf. He will tell us about the history of NetSurf, its current state of development, and some idea of the direction of its likely future development, as well as give us a demonstration of the current version of NetSurf. As anyone who has used a recent version of it will know, NetSurf is a remarkable piece of work. John-Mark's presentation promises to be very interesting. The meeting will take place on Monday October 11th, in Room S1 of Itc...

Southampton Acorn Users Group
The next meeting of the Southampton Acorn Users Group will take place on Monday February 9th in room S1 of Itchen College, Middle Road, Bitterne, Southampton, from 19:00 until 21:00. Admission is free and all are welcome. For further details, please contact me either by e-mail as <URL:email:davehigton@dsl.pipex.com> or by phone on 023 8022 2312. Dave -- n.g.boalch@durham.ac.uk, Backup Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce. Submissions to csaa@owlart.net Related mail to csaa-request@owlart.net ...

Southampton Acorn Users Group
A Happy New Year to all of you! The first meeting in 2005 of the Southampton Acorn Users Group will be on Monday January 10th, from 19:00 until 21:00, at Itchen College, Middle Road, Bitterne, Southampton, from 19:00 until 21:00. Admission is free and all are welcome. Bring along computers etc. I'm not sure which room we'll be in, but if it isn't S1, it won't be far from there. Dave _______________________________________________________________ a.m.conroy@argonet.co.uk, Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce. Submissions to csaa@owlart.net Related mail to csaa-request@ow...

Southampton Acorn Users Group
The next meeting of the Southampton Acorn Users Group will take place on Monday November 8th, from 19:00 until 21:00, at Itchen College, Middle Road, Bitterne, Southampton. Admission is free and everyone is welcome. I won't be at this meeting in person - which will probably improve it no end - but please come along to this one. I'll see you all at the December meeting. Dave -- n.g.boalch@durham.ac.uk, Backup Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce Submissions to <URL:mailto:csaa@owlart.net> Related mail to <URL:mailto:csaa-request@owlart.net> ...

Southampton Acorn Users Group
September's meeting of the Southampton Acorn Users Group will take place on Monday September 8th, at Itchen College, Middle Road, Bitterne, Southampton, from 19:00 until 21:00. Admission is free and all are welcome. We will probably be in room S1. For further information, maps, etc. please contact me either by e-mail as davehigton@dsl.pipex.com or by telephone on 023 8022 2312. Dave _______________________________________________________________ a.m.conroy@argonet.co.uk, Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce. Submissions to csaa@owlart.net Related mail to csaa-request@owlart.net ...

Web resources about - Virtual Acorn in Admin and User #2 - comp.sys.acorn.apps

Virtual-Strategy Magazine - Your leading source for virtualization news
Virtual Strategy Magazine is an online publication devoted entirely to virtualization technologies.

Connectix Virtual Game Station - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Released at a time when the Sony PlayStation was at its peak of popularity, Virtual Game Station was the first PlayStation emulator, for any ...

Is This the Killer App for Virtual Reality? Six Flags Adds VR to Real-Life Roller Coasters
Media companies and marketers have been diving into virtual reality, offering to immerse consumers in everything from serious documentaries to ...

Virtual reality roller coasters coming to Six Flags theme parks
... up to try to fix this apparent problem, equipping roller coasters at nine North American parks with Gear VR headsets that will sync their virtual ...

Six Flags using Oculus-powered Samsung Gear VR for virtual reality roller coasters
... that could make some roller coasters even more exciting. You see, Six Flags will be leveraging the Oculus-powered Samsung Gear VR for virtual ...

Oculus founder explains why Macs can’t do virtual reality
Mac users won't be able to run Oculus Rift when the long-awaited virtual reality headset starts shipping later this month. Oculus Rift currently ...

Athletes train with virtual reality
Athletes from a range of sports, including football, baseball and golf, are now using virtual reality to supplement training.

US cyberbombs Islamic State on the 'virtual battlefield'
The government, possibly for the first time ever, acknowledges ongoing cyberattacks against the terrorist group.

Six Flags to provide virtual reality on roller-coaster rides
... when thrill seekers go to nine different Six Flags theme parks, they'll be able to combine the adventure of a roller coaster ride with a virtual ...

Six Flags Adding Virtual Reality To Roller Coasters
... from the ups, downs, turns, and loops of riding a roller coaster? Then plan a trip to Six Flags Magic Mountain, which is tacking on a virtual ...