Acorn games

Hi all,

In the process of transferring all my Arc and BBC games to the PC for
use under VRPC-SE and BeebEm I was wondering: is there a practical limit
to the layers of emulation possible with today's processors?

I've got and AMD64 running VRPC-SE, which runs !6502Em (Can't seem to
stop playing FireTrack...) Can I stick another emulator in between, just
for fun? What about an Amiga em. which *then* runs a BBC em? Or am I
being naiive?

So: 2 layers of emulation - has anyone done more?

While I'm here: *cough* KARMA. Obviously I don't expect it to be
released these days, but was wondering what happened to the core code -
did any of it morph into a PC game? Seems a shame if it came to nowt.
Google shows nothing for the game, Inspire/Periscope or Ian D.
Robinson... (and yes I know about Rick Delarre)

Info welcome.

Mark
0
FishMurderer
8/11/2005 8:31:20 PM
comp.sys.acorn.games 769 articles. 0 followers. blakespot (44) is leader. Post Follow

In article <MPG.1d65c5e076de86f7989680@news.individual.net>,
   FishMurderer <fishmurderer@freenet.co.uk> wrote:

[Snip]

> While I'm here: *cough* KARMA. Obviously I don't expect it to be
> released these days, but was wondering what happened to the core code -
> did any of it morph into a PC game? Seems a shame if it came to nowt.
> Google shows nothing for the game, Inspire/Periscope or Ian D.
> Robinson... (and yes I know about Rick Delarre)

Mention here of it in 2001 but the link to the Karma website doesn't work,
it being an old Argonet one.  Wonder if anyone has any idea of what was
last posted on the website.  Maybe Paul Vigay knows!

http://www.aether.demon.co.uk/faqs/games.old.html

Cheers

Alan
[Snip]

--
Alan Calder, Milton Keynes, UK.
Please note that I have a new email address

0
Alan