Acorn Archimedes A3000

A friend has told me he is having a clear-out and has found his A3000 and
its monitor. They were working when packed away years ago but he has no
idea now but knows no reason why they shouldn't work. I think he'll let
them go free to anyone interested. Collect from High Wycombe.

He though I would like it as it's the same as my Iyonix, isn't it?  ;-D

Interested parties should email me please:

t i m < a t > t i m i l . c o m

--
* Stop paying BT so much: www.timil.com/usenet.php
* Want a genuine but spam-proof Usenet address? Visit www.invalid.org.uk

.... "O, beauty, till now I never knew thee!" Henry VIII, Act i, Sc.4
0
tim155 (1564)

In article <4f549e0191tim@invalid.org.uk>,
   Tim Hill <tim@invalid.org.uk> wrote:
>  knows no reason why they shouldn't work.

The battery has probably died, leaked and corroded away nearby tracks on
the PCB :-(

--
Stuart Winsor

From is valid but subject to change without notice if it gets spammed.

See: http://www.barndance.org.uk
0
SW_NOSPAM (1409)
12/21/2007 11:17:57 AM
In message <4f54a44395SW_NOSPAM@dsl.pipex.com>
          Stuart <SW_NOSPAM@dsl.pipex.com> wrote:

> In article <4f549e0191tim@invalid.org.uk>,
>    Tim Hill <tim@invalid.org.uk> wrote:
>>  knows no reason why they shouldn't work.

> The battery has probably died, leaked and corroded away nearby tracks on
> the PCB :-(

I suppose the friend could always connect it up and switch it on to
see if it still works.

Regards
--
Paul Stewart -  Far Bletchley, Milton Keynes, England.
(msn:sa110@hotmail.com)

Be Bold.  Dare To Be Different.  Use RISC OS (http://www.riscos.com).
It's blue and from outta town - The A9home
(http://www.advantage6.co.uk/A9hsplash.html).
A9home Compatibility page -
(http://www.phawfaux.co.uk/a9home/compatibility.asp).
0
paulstewart (757)
12/21/2007 11:44:56 AM
On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 12:44:56 +0100, Paul Stewart wrote:
>> The battery has probably died, leaked and corroded away nearby tracks on
>> the PCB :-(
>
> I suppose the friend could always connect it up and switch it on to
> see if it still works.

Invariably, just turning it on to see if it still works results in it not
working :(  Much better IMHO to offer as-is to someone who can properly
dismantle, clean, and test bits in isolation.

FS: Misc Acorn (and non-Acorn) hardware
Like Peter Naulls yesterday, I'm trying to get rid of my remaining Risc PC and the related hardware. I've put them on eBay. The Acorn-specific items are: Acorn Risc PC StrongARM 233 MHz + Power-tec SCSI http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202188067 i-cubed EtherLan600 for Acorn Risc PC/A7000 http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202186713 Acorn Risc PC power supply, backplane and screws http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202185817 RISC OS Select http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202184767 STD PS2Mouse for Acorn Risc PC http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202183392 Acorn MEU + Plextor PlexWriter RW 4220 internal SCSI http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202182624 Graphic tablet PaintPal Deluxe http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202181086 The rest is not Acorn-specific but was connected to either a Risc PC or a Iyonix and therefore may be of interest here as well: Mitsumi FA402M 3.5" Floppy and 7in1 Media Drive http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202179719 Sony 3.5" Floppy MPF 920 http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202177159 ELSA MicroLink ISDN 4U Router/Hub http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5777800061 Iomega ZIP 100 Drive external SCSI http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202173954 HP ScanJet 3c SCSI http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...

FA: Acorn Archimedes A310 and Acorn AKF50 Monitor
For Auction on eBay: Acorn Archimedes A310 and Acorn AKF50 Monitor British Broadcasting Corporation Microcomputer System Processor: ARM 3 Memory: 8 MB Hard Disc: 350 MB Podules: Design IT E500 Access+ (Ethernet 10Base2) Oak SCSI Interface Watford Electronics Scanner Peripherals: 3-button mouse Original keyboard with extension cable Watford Electronics Hand Scanner Monitor: Acorn AKF50 with mains connection to A310 and 9/15 adapter. Slight superficial damage to monitor case. Used to be in daily use. Needed only fresh AA batteries (for CMOS RAM) to overcome a year of non-use. Buyer arranges collection. Payment: cash on collection <URL:http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Acorn-Archimedes-A310_W0QQitemZ8804993118QQcategoryZ4193QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem> -- * Sick of BT? Leave them and reduce your phone bill by up to half. * Want a spam-proof Usenet address? Visit www.invalid.org.uk or email me: postmaster at invalid dot org dot uk * (tim@invalid.org.uk is deleted - please use my valid address above) .... "Thy glass will show thee how thy beauties wear, thy dial how thy precious minutes waste" Sonnet 77 ...

FA: Acorn Archimedes A310 and Acorn AKF50 Monitor #2
For Auction on eBay (Less than 20 hours to go): Acorn Archimedes A310 and Acorn AKF50 Monitor British Broadcasting Corporation Microcomputer System Processor: ARM 3 Memory: 8 MB Hard Disc: 350 MB Podules: Design IT E500 Access+ (Ethernet 10Base2) Oak SCSI Interface Watford Electronics Scanner Peripherals: 3-button mouse Original keyboard with extension cable Watford Electronics Hand Scanner Monitor: Acorn AKF50 with mains connection to A310 and 9/15 adapter. Slight superficial damage to monitor case. Used to be in daily use. Needed only fresh AA batteries (for CMOS RAM) to overcome a year of non-use. Buyer arranges collection. Payment: cash on collection <URL:http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Acorn-Archimedes-A310_W0QQitemZ8804993118QQcategoryZ4193QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem> ...

Acorn Publisher / Acorn User / Qercus
By now some people should have received their copy of Qercus - ie issue 268 of Acorn User or vol 10 issue 1 of Acorn Publisher. The additional printing numbers and distribution is new to us so we're not sure how long it will take to get to all subscribers or to be available in the shops. Some bulk mailings to overseas customers may not go until next week. Our experience so far with the database we inherited from Tau Press is that some customers will receive duplicate copies of the magazine whilst others will not receive one at all. We have been working hard to put right as many errors as we could identify but we know there are still some problems remaining. If you receive an extra issue will you please let us know and tell us which reference numbers are on the two (three/four!) labels so that we can put it right for next time. Please don't return any copies - donate duplicates to a friend, library, dentist/doctor's waiting room &c If you don't receive your copy (UK) then please do not let us know until the middle of next week; we have arranged to do *another* sweep of the database after the SW Show and may have sorted out outstanding problems by the time you call. Whilst far-flung Acorn User subscribers should receive their copies faster than before they should give it an extra week at least before reporting non-receipt. For this occasion reminders have been sent separately from the magazine and should have already been received by UK subscribers who n...

Acorn A3000 and A3010
Hi, after lurking for a while on this NG and making the odd post. I finally took some advice that was given here about using a Risc PC. It was recommended that you get a low spec one and see if you "get on with it" Anyhoo, I purchased a A3000 and a A3010 from eBay yesterday for fifteen pounds (a bit of a bargain I think) and not know much about these machines I wondered if someone could point me out to where the specs of these machines can be found. And more importantly how the can be upgraded and to what spec is the maximum possible. Can the CPU, ROM etc be upgraded and waht is the maximum memory. I read that the A3000 could take up to four Meg, but is this surpassable? I would eventually like to add a hard disk and soup it up a fully usable machine for modern applications, Is this possible? Any help would be greatly appreciated Daniel In message <cbsin6$va7$1@news8.svr.pol.co.uk> "Daniel Weston" <daniel@weston5618.freeserve.co.uk> wrote: > Hi, after lurking for a while on this NG and making the odd post. I finally > took some advice that was given here about using a Risc PC. It was > recommended that you get a low spec one and see if you "get on with it" > > Anyhoo, I purchased a A3000 and a A3010 from eBay yesterday for fifteen > pounds (a bit of a bargain I think) and not know much about these machines I > wondered if someone could point me out to where the specs of these machines &g...

Qercus (Acorn User / Acorn Publisher) binders
The new Qercus binders will be available within 2 weeks and we're taking orders now. They are available in dark blue with the Qercus logo in gold on the spine. The binders will match previous Acorn Publisher binders but will hold 14 copies of the magazine so Qercus readers will have a spare string for notes and indexes whilst Acorn Publisher readers will have room for two years' issues including two annual special issues of Qercus. Qercus is well-worth collecting so order your binder today. Binders will cost 8.95 each inc UK postage and may (just) be available at Wakefield. Until the end of May new subscribers starting their subscription with issue 268, and ordering a binder at the same time, will receive their first issue free. ie UK subscription + binder = 49.95 + 8.95 = 58.90 for year's subscription from issue 269 with issue 268 free. Orders should be sent to "Finnybank Ltd" 30 Finnybank Road Sale M33 6LR or by phone to 0161 969 9820. Cheques or cards can be accepted. Binders and magazines will be despatched together as soon as the binders are available. -- John Cartmell editor Qercus - editor@qercus.com www.qercus.com Qercus: a fusion of Acorn Publisher & Acorn User magazines one magazine for graphics & design - one magazine for all RISC OS users Finnybank Ltd 30 Finnybank Rd Sale M33 6LR == 0161 969 9820 _______________________________________________________________ a.m.conroy@argonet.co.uk, Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.anno...

Acorn Archimedes is 25
<http://www.reghardware.com/2012/06/01/acorn_archimedes_is_25_years_old/> <quote> Feature The Acorn Archimedes is 25 years old this month. The first machines based on the company's ARM (Acorn Risc Machine) processor were announced in June 1987, the year after the 32-bit chip itself was launched. </quote> -- If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed. -Albert Einstein ...

Acorn NC or Acorn NetStation, looking for one.
I am looking for an Acorn NC with ethernet interface! If someone has one, please let me know, and a reasonable price. Complete, with the remote and etc! Thanks! Leonardo leonardo@editek.com In message <1192995978.255456.168910@y27g2000pre.googlegroups.com> leonardo.cohen@gmail.com wrote: > I am looking for an Acorn NC with ethernet interface! If someone has > one, please let me know, and a reasonable price. Complete, with the > remote and etc! I shall be eBaying an NC with ethernet, but no remote, fairly shortly, possibly in the next few weeks. Alan -- RISC OS - you know it makes cents ...

Acorns fall next to the tree [Acorn stuff on ebuy UK]
I usually don't surf Acorns, but I noticed some on ebuy. Acorn RiscOS 3.5 ROMs - no reserve Acorn 486 Co-processor card - no reserve Acorn Arm610 processor card - no reserve ...

Hard disk for Acorn A3000
Hi, Please can anyone tell me where I can get a new or second-hand hard disk for my A3000 from? I read article in the Acorn User about A3000, and I'm therefore interested although I don't really know how easy it is to fit one. Regards Paolo Paolo Borzini wrote: > Hi, > Please can anyone tell me where I can get a new or second-hand > hard disk for my A3000 from? > I read article in the Acorn User about A3000, > and I'm therefore interested although I don't > really know how easy it is to fit one. > Any old 2 1/2" HDD will do, the sort for laptops. You'll want a smallish one though, 512Mb Max I believe. You'll also need a 2 1/2" cable. Cheers, -- Russ Tarbox Remove THELID to reply by e-mail In article <403a2e5e$0$16927$afc38c87@news.easynet.co.uk>, Russ Tarbox <russ-ebay@THELIDuserve.co.uk> wrote: > Any old 2 1/2" HDD will do, the sort for laptops. > You'll want a smallish one though, 512Mb Max I believe. You'll also need > a 2 1/2" cable. You forgot about the IDE filing system and interface, Russ. Only the A3020 has inbuilt support, the 3000 and 3010 will require an interface card of some sort. Hope this is of some help, John -- John Williams, Wirral, Merseyside, UK - no attachments to these addresses! change user to johnrwilliams for speediest attention! Who is John Williams? http://www.picindex.info/author/ In message <2a057948.0402230652.da56c4...

FS: All manner of Acorn Hardware
Hi all I'm loosing my room at my parents, which means my collection of Acorn stuff has to go! This includes but is not limited to some of the following; A5000, standard, old college machine A3000, with external hard drive and a 5 1/4" floppy disc (this machine i love, grew up with it but have no where to put it), also has a network card RISC PC 700, another ex college one, works, think i might have put a strong arm and PC card in it. Acorn electron, with tapes and two power supplies Star dot matrix printer for the acorn, includes at least one ink ribbon All kinds of miscellaneous hard ware for a BBC b/master including; CUB monitor, various tape decks and modems, floppy drives Pile of Acorn User magazines (about 30 of) Bigger pile of manuals, probably in the region of 20 manuals and software packs Miscellaneous boxes of software on low density floppies See the following for piccies, this is not everything, and not everything pictured is available http://s297.photobucket.com/albums/mm230/vannystick/ Would prefer for the whole lot to go in one go but don't expect it, and I would like to see token gestures of cash for them. Not able to post at the moment, located on the Wirral but can also be collected from Liverpool with sufficient warning. Needs to go in the next two weeks, so offered here, then eBay, then the tip! I'd have thought ebay would be best as there has not been that much Acorn/RISC OS stuff on there for a while, so prices should be good. Also, if ...

Acorn Electron hardware wanted
Folks Forgive what may be an intrusion but if anyone is prepared to sell any Acorn Electron hardware in particular an (original L-shaped) Acorn Plus 3, please reply to this. Cheers On 20 Jan 2006 as I do recall, JCC wrote: > Folks > > Forgive what may be an intrusion but if anyone is prepared to sell any Acorn > Electron hardware in particular an (original L-shaped) Acorn Plus 3, please > reply to this. > These are the correct groups, but comp.sys.acorn.hardware might be even better... :-) -- Harriet Bazley == Loyaulte me lie == ...

Problems posting to acorn.hardware
Hi, I've posted a few things to acorn.hardware in the last few days but I was surprised to get no follow ups from the normal helpful people who contribute regularly. Checking on google.groups it doesn't look as if any of my posts have got through - I have a local copy whicy presumably gets added by MessengerPro. Is there any problem posting to this group at the moment? -- andrew.mcmullon@tesco.net In article <92d606294d.andy@andrew.mcmullon@tesco.net>, Andy McMullon <andrew.mcmullon@tesco.net> wrote: > Hi, > I've posted a few things to acorn.hardware in the last few days but I > was surprised to get no follow ups from the normal helpful people who > contribute regularly. > Checking on google.groups it doesn't look as if any of my posts have > got through - I have a local copy whicy presumably gets added by > MessengerPro. > Is there any problem posting to this group at the moment? Three items from you since Jan 2nd. (One of those was a repeat of an earlier query about KVM kit) Those items appeared OK. Maybe the people who could answer aren't around at the moment, winter sun holiday perhaps? Gone off to work in one of the countries around the Indian Ocean. Whatever. On 6 Jan 2005 Andy McMullon <andrew.mcmullon@tesco.net> wrote: > I've posted a few things to acorn.hardware in the last few days but I > was surprised to get no follow ups from the normal helpful people who > contribute regul...

FS: Misc Acorn hardware
i-cubed EtherLan 600: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101336155 IBM 586 (100 MHz) card: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101337088 RISC OS 3.50: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101348173 RISC OS 4.02: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101349126 Risc PC: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101360766 StrongARM card: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101361862 Texas Instruments 486-SLC (40 MHz): http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101363515 Everything in good, near perfect condition unless stated otherwise. I'm selling from Germany, but I'll deliver to UK as well. Oversea on request. Please get in touch for shipping cost in those cases. -- Stefan Bellon On 10 Jun, I wrote: > StrongARM card: > http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101361862 I announced this offer without RISC OS 3.70 ROMs because I didn't find the ones belonging to the card. In the meantime I have found them. This offer will include the RISC OS 3.70 ROM set. -- Stefan Bellon ...

FS: Acorn / Archimedes base units
Hi all, I am selling around 16 Acorn and Archimedes base units on eBay. Normally items like these are broken down and recycled straight away but it seems a shame to do this to Acorns if someone can salvage them. If you can give them a home please bid to save them from destruction. The link is http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5121631278 If you have any questions, please contact me via eBay. Thank you and I apologise if this post is in the wrong section or format as this is my first post! Ben Le Huquet ...

Acorn Archimedes at 25 feature on the Register
This is not one of mine, BTW - not engaging in blatant self-promotion, for once! http://www.reghardware.com/2012/06/01/acorn_archimedes_is_25_years_old/ On 01/06/2012 15:34, Liam Proven wrote: > This is not one of mine, BTW - not engaging in blatant self-promotion, for once! > > http://www.reghardware.com/2012/06/01/acorn_archimedes_is_25_years_old/ > Great article. Not sure about MEMC being able to address 32MB and implementing virtual memory via disc though... Grahame. Grahame Parish <maillist.parish@millers-way.net> wrote: > Great article. Not sure about MEMC being able to address 32MB and > implementing virtual memory via disc though... RISC iX had VM, didn't it? There was also 'Virtualise' on RO3.1 which was VM of sorts. Theo On 01/06/2012 17:22, Theo Markettos wrote: > Grahame Parish<maillist.parish@millers-way.net> wrote: >> Great article. Not sure about MEMC being able to address 32MB and >> implementing virtual memory via disc though... > > RISC iX had VM, didn't it? There was also 'Virtualise' on RO3.1 which was > VM of sorts. > > Theo It was more about the following paragraph at the bottom of page 2: - "Novelly, the MEMC memory controller � 'Anna' � was able to support 32MB of memory � far more than it was economically feasible to add, so it was able to page the 4MB of physical Ram on and off a hard drive to provide...

Misc Acorn/BBC Hardware/Software up for free.
Hi Guys, I have been a keen retro computing enthusiast for as long as I can remember however I have no come to a point where I can no longer store the stuff I have. I have been slowly but surely giving things away over the last few year. I still have quite a few bits which as I uncover them whilst sorting the loft/garage/cupboards etc, I am starting to list and wondered if you or people you know might be interested in any of it. So I guess comes the shameless plug as I am listing it on my 'free to a good home' site called AnyGoodToYou.com where we have specifically set up a section for Vintage / classic hardware. Hope you can help as I really don't want this stuff to end up at the local WEEE dump. Cheers Allan ...

Best BBC Micro/Acorn Archimedes emulator?
My Dad used to own these computers in his school and all his favourite old games and apps were on them. I'm using BeebEm at the moment, but it has some issues. The sound glitches terribly on 11k - which tends to sound better since it's filtered like synths are meant to be. The fullscreen mode is also awkward, not having a proper key combination that toggles it. Also, the "screen modes" almost always tend to be too dark - some kind of colour/brightness adjust is needed. Wouldn't mind a palette editor. I'm playing Ravenskull and it just looks hideous with colours. Lowe...

Free Acorn Archimedes A410 To A Good Home...
we want to get rid of a Acorn Archimedes A410. We think it works, except the mouse. We are in the south east london, uk region. Free for pickup, or you can pay for a courier. email archie (at) ripnet.co.uk for details. ...

[FS] Lot of A3000 Acorn Computers for Sale (eBay)
Hello, Please accept my apologies if I have posted this in the wrong place, but I have not posted here before. We are selling 9 X A3000 Acorn Computers with internal Floppy drives on eBay. These items were donated to us from a school. We have not tested them but I assume they are working. The URL is http://tinyurl.com/6lb8s ELUSE was set up to recycle the large amounts of IT equipment donated by companies and Government offices, thereby raising money to provide equipment to all sick children in the UK, and to keep this equipment out of land-fills. We use eBay to sell items that are surplus to or not appropriate for our requirements. Money made on this auction goes towards the work of the charity Express Link-Up. Thanks for your time ...

Basic V for the Acorn Archimedes
I=B9m pleased to announce that Basic V for the Acorn Archimedes is the next title to be made available through MagCloud. Scaled up from its original A5 to American Letter size, it's printed in a magazine form then dispatched by MagCloud to anywhere in the US and UK. This book provides a practical guide to programming in BASIC V on the Acorn Archimedes. Assuming a familiarity with the BBC BASIC language in general, it describes the many new commands offered by BASIC V, already acclaimed as one of the best and most structured versions of the language on any micro. An essential aid for all Archimedes users, this book will also appeal to existing BBC BASIC users who wish to be conversant with new features of BASIC V. Topics covered include: Using the colour palette - WHILE, IF and CASE - Use of mouse and pointer - Local error handling - Operations and String Handling - The Assembler - Control Structures - Matrix Operations - Functions and Procedures - Extended graphics commands - Sound - Programming hints & tips If you already have this book in A5 format: it's the same book, just in a larger form so there's possibly no reason to buy it again. Price through MagCloud is $25. As with the First steps with RISC OS book, you can also download it for free viewing on the iPad. Visit http://alligatamedia.magcloud.com/ for details. I have three copies of the original print run available at GBP5.99 each. Email me for details. Dave Holden has an HTML version available...

Acorn A3000 RISC-OS 3.11 upgrade
Hi, Can anybody help. I have just bought an Acorn A3000 computer from an auction. It works 'perfectly' as far as I can see, but there is a plastic box that is labeled as: Simtec Electronics - RISC-OS 3.11 ROM Upgrade (RISC-OS 3 Acorn Computers Ltd). In this box is four (4) chips which I presume are ROM chips for the upgrade. They are marked as: 0296-044-02 where the 044 part is 043, 042 and 041 respectfuly on per chip. I have put them in the ROM sockets as: ROM1 = 041, ROM2 = 042 etc, but when powered up nothing happens I just get blank screen. I have put the originals back in and all is well. The fitted RISC-OS is version 2 with ARM BBC Basic V version 1.04. I need help how to upgrade the RISC-OS to 3.11 or if these are actually ROM chips? Regards Ray In article <6d4Wc.294$IX2.271@newsfe2-gui.ntli.net>, amd2800 <URL:mailto:amd2800@ntlworld.com> wrote: > Hi, > > Can anybody help. I have just bought an Acorn A3000 computer from an > auction. It works 'perfectly' as far as I can see, but there is a plastic > box that is labeled as: > > Simtec Electronics - RISC-OS 3.11 ROM Upgrade (RISC-OS 3 Acorn Computers > Ltd). > > In this box is four (4) chips which I presume are ROM chips for the upgrade. > They are marked as: 0296-044-02 where the 044 part is 043, 042 and 041 > respectfuly on per chip. I have put them in the ROM sockets as: ROM1 = 041, > ROM2 = 042 etc, but when powered up nothing happe...

Images of Acorn User, Archimedes World cover disks
Hi About a year ago I collected together my magazine cover disks, mainly Acorn User and Archimedes World. I made images of them, they're stored on my PC. Does anyone know the copyright status of these? I'll put them on my web site if it's allowed. Rest of the message is a list of what I have: ACORN USER 1993 December 1995 April May December 1 December 2 1996 January 1997 July 1 July 2 August 1 August 2 (possibly corrupt) September 1 September 2 October 1 October 2 November 1 November 2 December Christmas 1 Christmas 2 1998 January 1 January 2 (possibly ...

BBC Micro B and Acorn Archimedes A400 (?) to PC file transfer
The problem: Lots of data from family history apps, View, Bbase etc on the BBC B and Acorn Archimedes A400* needs to go onto a PC. *The label on the front says A310, I'm pretty sure it got upgraded to an A400 (*HELP COMMANDS shows most things being between May and Oct 1988). All I have is a disk called PC Emulator and another called "Beebug Arhimedes Serial Link" for the Archie (can't find the associated cable). I found this: http://web.inter.nl.net/users/J.Kortink/home/software/65link/ but do I need it in light of having the serial link? And what about getting the data from the Archie to the PC? What about something that will allow my PC to read Archie disks directly? Or perhaps a way of connecting the BBCB disk drives to the PC? What about BBCB to PC? All the choices and software are starting to make my head spin. And as far as my soldering skills goes, about 1 in 3 of the cables I've made works first time. So ideally, I wouldn't mind paying something reasonable for a "pack" of all the bits and pieces to get all the data onto the PC. Something else has just occured to me - what about a hard drive in the Archie? It doesn't have one now, and I'm almost certain it wouldn't know what to do with an old 2Gb PC ATA drive, but might that be a good "conduit" between the three machines? Oh, and the mouse on the Archie is nearly shagged, the ball seems to have no grip despite my boiling it in hot water (which sometim...

Web resources about - Acorn Archimedes A3000 - comp.sys.acorn.hardware

Archimedes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Other mathematical achievements include deriving an accurate approximation of pi , defining and investigating the spiral bearing his name, and ...

Archimedes - Wikipedia
Archimedes of Syracuse (; BC – BC) was a Greek mathematician, physicist, engineer, inventor, and astronomer. Although few details of his life ...

Archimedes
I had always believed Archimedes spent a certain amount of time running through the streets of Syracuse shouting "Eureka, I have found it!" Perhaps ...

Archimedes Scientific Calculator App Goes 2.0 With iOS 7 Redesign And More
Eureka! Archimedes is back with its big 2.0 update. The touch-based scientific calculator app was released in August 2012 and updated several ...

Price Drop: Archimedes Calculator
Archimedes Calculator 3.2 Device: iOS Universal Category: Education Price: Free, Version: 3.2 ( iTunes ) Description: Archimedes is the scientific ...

Archimedes Pi Estimation - Business Insider
Here's how the ancient Greeks found the first few digits of pi. Wikimedia Commons Archimedes Happy Pi Day! It's March 14, or 3/14, matching ...

Archimedes on the Potomac
By a 10-8 vote the Senate Judiciary Committee Tuesday sent the controversial nomination of former Sen. John Ashcroft as U.S. attorney general ...

Eureka! Archimedes scientific calculator gets major update
Scientific calculator app Archimedes has received its first significant update in quite a while. Adding the expected iOS 7-compatible design ...

God of War: Ascension's Trials of Archimedes to be nerfed
God of War: Ascension is finally out, and players have been up in arms about one particular part of the game the Trial of Archimedes. In this ...

Archimedes' Dream: Pi on an OLED ray
Sure, you can roll old school with a Waterford chandelier slung from the ceiling. Better yet, why not fantasize about ancient mathematical screws ...