Acorn Archimedes A3000

A friend has told me he is having a clear-out and has found his A3000 and
its monitor. They were working when packed away years ago but he has no
idea now but knows no reason why they shouldn't work. I think he'll let
them go free to anyone interested. Collect from High Wycombe.

He though I would like it as it's the same as my Iyonix, isn't it?  ;-D

Interested parties should email me please:

t i m < a t > t i m i l . c o m

--
* Stop paying BT so much: www.timil.com/usenet.php
* Want a genuine but spam-proof Usenet address? Visit www.invalid.org.uk

.... "O, beauty, till now I never knew thee!" Henry VIII, Act i, Sc.4
0
tim155 (1564)

In article <4f549e0191tim@invalid.org.uk>,
   Tim Hill <tim@invalid.org.uk> wrote:
>  knows no reason why they shouldn't work.

The battery has probably died, leaked and corroded away nearby tracks on
the PCB :-(

--
Stuart Winsor

From is valid but subject to change without notice if it gets spammed.

See: http://www.barndance.org.uk
0
SW_NOSPAM (1409)
12/21/2007 11:17:57 AM
In message <4f54a44395SW_NOSPAM@dsl.pipex.com>
          Stuart <SW_NOSPAM@dsl.pipex.com> wrote:

> In article <4f549e0191tim@invalid.org.uk>,
>    Tim Hill <tim@invalid.org.uk> wrote:
>>  knows no reason why they shouldn't work.

> The battery has probably died, leaked and corroded away nearby tracks on
> the PCB :-(

I suppose the friend could always connect it up and switch it on to
see if it still works.

Regards
--
Paul Stewart -  Far Bletchley, Milton Keynes, England.
(msn:sa110@hotmail.com)

Be Bold.  Dare To Be Different.  Use RISC OS (http://www.riscos.com).
It's blue and from outta town - The A9home
(http://www.advantage6.co.uk/A9hsplash.html).
A9home Compatibility page -
(http://www.phawfaux.co.uk/a9home/compatibility.asp).
0
paulstewart (757)
12/21/2007 11:44:56 AM
On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 12:44:56 +0100, Paul Stewart wrote:
>> The battery has probably died, leaked and corroded away nearby tracks on
>> the PCB :-(
>
> I suppose the friend could always connect it up and switch it on to
> see if it still works.

Invariably, just turning it on to see if it still works results in it not
working :(  Much better IMHO to offer as-is to someone who can properly
dismantle, clean, and test bits in isolation.