Acorn NC Settop box

I have picked up an Acorn; black, marked acorn,ps/2 mouse key board,
left right out audio, tv out, vga, printer, ethernet,dc 12v out and
16volt in. I looked on the web I can't find acorn faq nor acorn web
site. I would like to run this system but here Acorns are very rare.

0
nsab (5)

In message <3F262CD6.C807D242@tpg.com.au>
          Anthony <nsab@tpg.com.au> wrote:

> I have picked up an Acorn; black, marked acorn,ps/2 mouse key board,
> left right out audio, tv out, vga, printer, ethernet,dc 12v out and
> 16volt in. I looked on the web I can't find acorn faq nor acorn web
> site. I would like to run this system but here Acorns are very rare.

http://www.iconbar.com
http://www.drobe.co.uk
http://www.riscos.com
http://acorn.riscos.com

are good starting points

--
Jess  icq: 91353267 msn: phantasm_39@hotmail.com     http://www.kentwebnet.com
     Hotmail is my spam trap - don't use for email

phantasm_39 (2515)
7/29/2003 3:40:32 PM
On 29 Jul, in message <3F262CD6.C807D242@tpg.com.au>
  Anthony <nsab@tpg.com.au> wrote:

>I have picked up an Acorn; black, marked acorn,ps/2 mouse key board,
>left right out audio, tv out, vga, printer, ethernet,dc 12v out and
>16volt in. I looked on the web I can't find acorn faq nor acorn web
>site. I would like to run this system but here Acorns are very rare.

They've been covered in these newsgroups (comp.sys.acorn.*) before so
use google groups to do a search.

Generally they boot via DHCP but some can be configured to store IP
information in CMOS. They then boot using a NFS server.

Yours,

Phil L.
--
http://www.philipnet.com                http://director.sourceforge.net
                i ou a uea i e a o ie e a o a a oue oae

0
news6913 (127)
7/29/2003 3:54:22 PM
I have observed Anthony <nsab@tpg.com.au>'s posting which said:

> I have picked up an Acorn; black, marked acorn,ps/2 mouse key board,
> left right out audio, tv out, vga, printer, ethernet,dc 12v out and
> 16volt in. I looked on the web I can't find acorn faq nor acorn web
> site. I would like to run this system but here Acorns are very rare.

Have you been in contact with Mal McClenaghan of the Image Factory?
He's a RISC OS/Acorn dealer in Australia:

imagfact@planet.net.au

He might be able to help you.
There are/were some quite extensive NC setups here in NZ, but I've
personally had no experience with them...

*bye
--
Robert Greenfield

Webmonster. Sensible Solutions: RISC OS Solutions.
<theboss@webmonster.co.nz>  -  http://www.webmonster.co.nz/

monster (27)

Acorn NC or Acorn NetStation, looking for one.
I am looking for an Acorn NC with ethernet interface! If someone has one, please let me know, and a reasonable price. Complete, with the remote and etc! Thanks! Leonardo leonardo@editek.com In message <1192995978.255456.168910@y27g2000pre.googlegroups.com> leonardo.cohen@gmail.com wrote: > I am looking for an Acorn NC with ethernet interface! If someone has > one, please let me know, and a reasonable price. Complete, with the > remote and etc! I shall be eBaying an NC with ethernet, but no remote, fairly shortly, possibly in the next few weeks. Alan -- RISC OS - you know it makes cents ...

FS: Misc Acorn (and non-Acorn) hardware
Like Peter Naulls yesterday, I'm trying to get rid of my remaining Risc PC and the related hardware. I've put them on eBay. The Acorn-specific items are: Acorn Risc PC StrongARM 233 MHz + Power-tec SCSI http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202188067 i-cubed EtherLan600 for Acorn Risc PC/A7000 http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202186713 Acorn Risc PC power supply, backplane and screws http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202185817 RISC OS Select http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202184767 STD PS2Mouse for Acorn Risc PC http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202183392 Acorn MEU + Plextor PlexWriter RW 4220 internal SCSI http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202182624 Graphic tablet PaintPal Deluxe http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202181086 The rest is not Acorn-specific but was connected to either a Risc PC or a Iyonix and therefore may be of interest here as well: Mitsumi FA402M 3.5" Floppy and 7in1 Media Drive http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202179719 Sony 3.5" Floppy MPF 920 http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202177159 ELSA MicroLink ISDN 4U Router/Hub http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5777800061 Iomega ZIP 100 Drive external SCSI http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202173954 HP ScanJet 3c SCSI http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...

Acorn Publisher / Acorn User / Qercus
By now some people should have received their copy of Qercus - ie issue 268 of Acorn User or vol 10 issue 1 of Acorn Publisher. The additional printing numbers and distribution is new to us so we're not sure how long it will take to get to all subscribers or to be available in the shops. Some bulk mailings to overseas customers may not go until next week. Our experience so far with the database we inherited from Tau Press is that some customers will receive duplicate copies of the magazine whilst others will not receive one at all. We have been working hard to put right as many errors as we could identify but we know there are still some problems remaining. If you receive an extra issue will you please let us know and tell us which reference numbers are on the two (three/four!) labels so that we can put it right for next time. Please don't return any copies - donate duplicates to a friend, library, dentist/doctor's waiting room &c If you don't receive your copy (UK) then please do not let us know until the middle of next week; we have arranged to do *another* sweep of the database after the SW Show and may have sorted out outstanding problems by the time you call. Whilst far-flung Acorn User subscribers should receive their copies faster than before they should give it an extra week at least before reporting non-receipt. For this occasion reminders have been sent separately from the magazine and should have already been received by UK subscribers who n...

Qercus (Acorn User / Acorn Publisher) binders
The new Qercus binders will be available within 2 weeks and we're taking orders now. They are available in dark blue with the Qercus logo in gold on the spine. The binders will match previous Acorn Publisher binders but will hold 14 copies of the magazine so Qercus readers will have a spare string for notes and indexes whilst Acorn Publisher readers will have room for two years' issues including two annual special issues of Qercus. Qercus is well-worth collecting so order your binder today. Binders will cost 8.95 each inc UK postage and may (just) be available at Wakefield. Until the end of May new subscribers starting their subscription with issue 268, and ordering a binder at the same time, will receive their first issue free. ie UK subscription + binder = 49.95 + 8.95 = 58.90 for year's subscription from issue 269 with issue 268 free. Orders should be sent to "Finnybank Ltd" 30 Finnybank Road Sale M33 6LR or by phone to 0161 969 9820. Cheques or cards can be accepted. Binders and magazines will be despatched together as soon as the binders are available. -- John Cartmell editor Qercus - editor@qercus.com www.qercus.com Qercus: a fusion of Acorn Publisher & Acorn User magazines one magazine for graphics & design - one magazine for all RISC OS users Finnybank Ltd 30 Finnybank Rd Sale M33 6LR == 0161 969 9820 _______________________________________________________________ a.m.conroy@argonet.co.uk, Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.anno...

FA: Acorn Archimedes A310 and Acorn AKF50 Monitor
For Auction on eBay: Acorn Archimedes A310 and Acorn AKF50 Monitor British Broadcasting Corporation Microcomputer System Processor: ARM 3 Memory: 8 MB Hard Disc: 350 MB Podules: Design IT E500 Access+ (Ethernet 10Base2) Oak SCSI Interface Watford Electronics Scanner Peripherals: 3-button mouse Original keyboard with extension cable Watford Electronics Hand Scanner Monitor: Acorn AKF50 with mains connection to A310 and 9/15 adapter. Slight superficial damage to monitor case. Used to be in daily use. Needed only fresh AA batteries (for CMOS RAM) to overcome a year of non-use. Buyer arranges collection. Payment: cash on collection <URL:http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Acorn-Archimedes-A310_W0QQitemZ8804993118QQcategoryZ4193QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem> -- * Sick of BT? Leave them and reduce your phone bill by up to half. * Want a spam-proof Usenet address? Visit www.invalid.org.uk or email me: postmaster at invalid dot org dot uk * (tim@invalid.org.uk is deleted - please use my valid address above) .... "Thy glass will show thee how thy beauties wear, thy dial how thy precious minutes waste" Sonnet 77 ...

FA: Acorn Archimedes A310 and Acorn AKF50 Monitor #2
For Auction on eBay (Less than 20 hours to go): Acorn Archimedes A310 and Acorn AKF50 Monitor British Broadcasting Corporation Microcomputer System Processor: ARM 3 Memory: 8 MB Hard Disc: 350 MB Podules: Design IT E500 Access+ (Ethernet 10Base2) Oak SCSI Interface Watford Electronics Scanner Peripherals: 3-button mouse Original keyboard with extension cable Watford Electronics Hand Scanner Monitor: Acorn AKF50 with mains connection to A310 and 9/15 adapter. Slight superficial damage to monitor case. Used to be in daily use. Needed only fresh AA batteries (for CMOS RAM) to overcome a year of non-use. Buyer arranges collection. Payment: cash on collection <URL:http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Acorn-Archimedes-A310_W0QQitemZ8804993118QQcategoryZ4193QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem> ...

Acorns fall next to the tree [Acorn stuff on ebuy UK]
I usually don't surf Acorns, but I noticed some on ebuy. Acorn RiscOS 3.5 ROMs - no reserve Acorn 486 Co-processor card - no reserve Acorn Arm610 processor card - no reserve ...

Acorn Electron hardware wanted
Folks Forgive what may be an intrusion but if anyone is prepared to sell any Acorn Electron hardware in particular an (original L-shaped) Acorn Plus 3, please reply to this. Cheers On 20 Jan 2006 as I do recall, JCC wrote: > Folks > > Forgive what may be an intrusion but if anyone is prepared to sell any Acorn > Electron hardware in particular an (original L-shaped) Acorn Plus 3, please > reply to this. > These are the correct groups, but comp.sys.acorn.hardware might be even better... :-) -- Harriet Bazley == Loyaulte me lie == ...

Acorn NC
Hi everybody, last week I bought an Acorn NC with a ethernet card. I've connected to my LAN but do not start. This is error in Acorn NC : "RPC communication failed on mount (transaction timed out)" In my LAN I've a Win98PC with installed Wago Bootp server. I've saved in c:\nc directory the !Boot structure renamed !NFSBoot This is a Bootptab.txt configuration : ------------ AcornNC:hd=/nc:bf=!NFSBoot:gw=192.168.1.1:sm=255.255.255.0:ht=ethernet:ha=0000A4116BD0:ip=192.168.1.3:vm=0.0.0.0:bs=auto: ------------ This is a Acorn NC configuration : ------------ ...

Problems posting to acorn.hardware
Hi, I've posted a few things to acorn.hardware in the last few days but I was surprised to get no follow ups from the normal helpful people who contribute regularly. Checking on google.groups it doesn't look as if any of my posts have got through - I have a local copy whicy presumably gets added by MessengerPro. Is there any problem posting to this group at the moment? -- andrew.mcmullon@tesco.net In article <92d606294d.andy@andrew.mcmullon@tesco.net>, Andy McMullon <andrew.mcmullon@tesco.net> wrote: > Hi, > I've posted a few things to acorn.hardware in the last few days but I > was surprised to get no follow ups from the normal helpful people who > contribute regularly. > Checking on google.groups it doesn't look as if any of my posts have > got through - I have a local copy whicy presumably gets added by > MessengerPro. > Is there any problem posting to this group at the moment? Three items from you since Jan 2nd. (One of those was a repeat of an earlier query about KVM kit) Those items appeared OK. Maybe the people who could answer aren't around at the moment, winter sun holiday perhaps? Gone off to work in one of the countries around the Indian Ocean. Whatever. On 6 Jan 2005 Andy McMullon <andrew.mcmullon@tesco.net> wrote: > I've posted a few things to acorn.hardware in the last few days but I > was surprised to get no follow ups from the normal helpful people who > contribute regul...

FS: Misc Acorn hardware
i-cubed EtherLan 600: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101336155 IBM 586 (100 MHz) card: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101337088 RISC OS 3.50: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101348173 RISC OS 4.02: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101349126 Risc PC: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101360766 StrongARM card: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101361862 Texas Instruments 486-SLC (40 MHz): http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101363515 Everything in good, near perfect condition unless stated otherwise. I'm selling from Germany, but I'll deliver to UK as well. Oversea on request. Please get in touch for shipping cost in those cases. -- Stefan Bellon On 10 Jun, I wrote: > StrongARM card: > http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101361862 I announced this offer without RISC OS 3.70 ROMs because I didn't find the ones belonging to the card. In the meantime I have found them. This offer will include the RISC OS 3.70 ROM set. -- Stefan Bellon ...

FS: All manner of Acorn Hardware
Hi all I'm loosing my room at my parents, which means my collection of Acorn stuff has to go! This includes but is not limited to some of the following; A5000, standard, old college machine A3000, with external hard drive and a 5 1/4" floppy disc (this machine i love, grew up with it but have no where to put it), also has a network card RISC PC 700, another ex college one, works, think i might have put a strong arm and PC card in it. Acorn electron, with tapes and two power supplies Star dot matrix printer for the acorn, includes at least one ink ribbon All kinds of miscellaneous hard ware for a BBC b/master including; CUB monitor, various tape decks and modems, floppy drives Pile of Acorn User magazines (about 30 of) Bigger pile of manuals, probably in the region of 20 manuals and software packs Miscellaneous boxes of software on low density floppies See the following for piccies, this is not everything, and not everything pictured is available http://s297.photobucket.com/albums/mm230/vannystick/ Would prefer for the whole lot to go in one go but don't expect it, and I would like to see token gestures of cash for them. Not able to post at the moment, located on the Wirral but can also be collected from Liverpool with sufficient warning. Needs to go in the next two weeks, so offered here, then eBay, then the tip! I'd have thought ebay would be best as there has not been that much Acorn/RISC OS stuff on there for a while, so prices should be good. Also, if ...

acorn nc setup manuals
I have an Acorn nc computer looking at set up or manuals at least any ideas On 7-Oct-2003, nsab <nsab@tpg.com.au> wrote: > I have an Acorn nc computer looking at set up or manuals at least any > ideas Never seen a manual (any chance some-one could scan one and make it available for download?) but ... Have you searched the Acorngroups on google there is useful information there? Which model NC do you have? Always useful to know, I have an Acorn Xemplar Matrix NC. However I think they all work the same way (now who'll be first to prove me wrong?) Main problem with the NCs are that they don't contain all the data needed to boot to a desktop. Firstly IP configuration, you can do this by holding down both Alt keys at power on. Should be saved in CMOS RAM. Second note that a Bootp server is needed. Have you got one? Windows NT/Linux can do this. Then you have no storage so you neet a network location for the !Boot file and a boot file for an NC. Both Mircolynx Topcat (fp.microlynx.plus.com) and Precedence Netmanager (www.precedence.co.uk/index.html) provide solutions but are comercial and not cheap (i.e. free!). Reading the Topcat installation manual (http://fp.microlynx.plus.com/install.htm) gives you some idea what is needed. Hope this helps, Chris -- How does a project get to be a year late? .... One day at a time. In message <9Rzgb.20030$4D.9966740@newsfep2-win.server.ntli.net> "Chris W" <christopher.whytehead.NOSP...

Acorn NC's
Hi, Can someone tell me what i will need to use an acorn NC? Will I need NFS, DHCP and BootP servers to use it, or will It just need to be connected to a network..? I know that with some Nc's, you need all that..but with the acorn one is it different? Ive seen some working, and they boot up RO 3.7 as if it was on a rom, like other acorns. Does anyone know how they work? Thanks, Alex =) On 14 Dec, in message <brhgvi$qok$1@news8.svr.pol.co.uk> "Alex White" <littlewhitey1991@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi, >Can someone tell me what i will need to use an acorn NC? >Will I need NFS, DHCP and BootP servers to use it, or will It just need to >be connected to a network..? >I know that with some Nc's, you need all that..but with the acorn one is it >different? Ive seen some working, and they boot up RO 3.7 as if it was on a >rom, like other acorns. IIRC it's 3.6 and that is on ROM. But they need to find (IIRC again) !NFSBoot or is it !NCBoot and they can only do that if you connect them to a network and provide DHCP and NFS. I've had no problems with (IIRC) the ISC DHCP stuff and the NFS/portmap stuff. Unfortunately I would be able to provide more detailed information if the box which does the DHCP and NFS stuff was working :-( . Yours, Phil L. -- http://www.philipnet.com http://director.sourceforge.net Xander (to Buffy and Willow): Let's face it, none of us are ever going to have a happy normal relati...

Searching for Acorn NC with Ethernet Podule
Hello, As the tittle mentions, I'm searching for an Acron nc with ethernet. If you have one and wants to sell, please send me message. Preferred In good shape and with box. I like to buy two or more units. Kind regards, Mark Mark, I spotted this one of eBay the other day. It's on a buy it now and has over 5 days left to run. http://tinyurl.com/5bveak Hope this helps. Cheers TheDysk "Mark" <mark.g.goossens@gmail.com> wrote in message news:a89013f7-e0c4-4cd6-9484-c8692cbdddce@v15g2000yqn.googlegroups.com... > Hello, > > As the tittle mentions, I'm searching for an Acron nc with ethernet. > If you have one and wants to sell, please send me message. > Preferred In good shape and with box. I like to buy two or more units. > > Kind regards, > > Mark > ...

FS: Acorn/Xemplar Matrix NC
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8146775111&ssPageName =ADME:B:LC:UK:1 Only �30 for a nice NC+ psu! :) ...

Acorn C/C++ box + manuals
Hi all, I have recently re-discovered the box and manuals, more or less untouched by time, for Acorn C/C++ (I think release 5, first CFront-based stuff with Toolbox). I am hugely reluctant to bin these so am looking for a new home for them if there was anyone who would give them a good home and perhaps even use them for their own projects. Please contact me if you are interested and we can work out P&P etc. depending on where you are. I am in London. Many thanks, Rob. In message <a2a81f88-7835-47ef-b600-3a0a861a73f1@googlegroups.com> raclark@gmail.com wrote: > Please contact me if you are interested and we can work out P&P etc. > depending on where you are. I am in London. Damn, just too late! You could have brought them along to last night's ROUGOL meeting, there would probably have been someone who would have taken them. If you don't get any other offers and can hang on to them until the 18th April, bring them along next month :-) Bryan. -- RISC OS User Group Of London - http://www.rougol.jellybaby.net/ RISC OS London Show - http://www.riscoslondonshow.co.uk/ ...

Standalone Acorn NC
Hi, I've recently acquired an Acorn NC (Xemplar), ex school machine. It was previously on a network and used Citrix MetaFrame to connect to Windows NT. I would like to set it up to make some form of use of it on my home network. Searching google groups I've managed to get as far as pressing the ALT keys during boot to set the IP address etc. I've also got TrueGrid NFS Server on my Windows XP machine, with an export which I've copied the universal boot sequence into (renamed !nfsboot) from acorn.riscos.com. When I type nfsboot at the * prompt, it tries to run th...

FF: Acorn C/C++ (boxed, as new)
Hi folks, this was found on its way to a land fill site. Rather than see it go to waste I thought I'd see if anyone here wanted it. It's heavy, so if you can't collect from Cherry Hinton, Cambridge then you'll need to pay postage and packing at cost. No guarantees it works, but all 6 floppies, manuals etc. are present. Please email me on peter [dot] horsman [at] arm [dot] com if you want it. Cheers, Pete Pete wrote: > this was found on its way to a land fill site. Rather than see it go to > waste I thought I'd see if anyone here wanted it. > > It's...

Misc Acorn/BBC Hardware/Software up for free.
Hi Guys, I have been a keen retro computing enthusiast for as long as I can remember however I have no come to a point where I can no longer store the stuff I have. I have been slowly but surely giving things away over the last few year. I still have quite a few bits which as I uncover them whilst sorting the loft/garage/cupboards etc, I am starting to list and wondered if you or people you know might be interested in any of it. So I guess comes the shameless plug as I am listing it on my 'free to a good home' site called AnyGoodToYou.com where we have specifically set up a section for Vintage / classic hardware. Hope you can help as I really don't want this stuff to end up at the local WEEE dump. Cheers Allan ...

FA: Large box of Acorn RISC OS stuff
Hi, I've just put a large box full of Acorn RISC OS stuff up on eBay for auction. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160307502376 There's a lot of stuff in there, here's the full list: CDs Acorn User 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 Acorn Products & Services Acorn Aug 97 CD Acorn Betas CD (Browse, etc.) Archimedes World Archive CD 1996 DataFile PDCD 3 StrongARM upgrade CD RISC OS 4 install CDs, v1 and v2 Uniqueway Risc Disc 1,2,3 ROL RISC OS Programmer's Reference Manuals CD Software Acorn C/C++ (boxed incl. manuals) APSoft ImageFS 2 ARM Club Game On! v2 Clares Virtualise Doggysoft Desktop Hacker Oregan Morpheus R-Comp MusicMan R-Comp Grapevine 2 R-Comp Quake Resurrection R-Comp Messenger Pro 1 R-Comp Messenger Pro 2 URW Fonts WSS Z80Em WSS PhotoFiler Games Krisalis Sim City Krisalis Speedball 2 4th Dimension Saloon Cars Deluxe (StrongARM version) 4th Dimension Chopper Force (StrongARM version) 4th Dimension Stunt Racer 2000 (StrongARM version) Books RISC OS PRMs vols. 1..4 + 5a + indexes RISC OS Style Guide (x2) Dabs Press - Archimedes Assembly Language (Mike Ginns) 2nd ed. (1991) Dabs Press - Archimedes Operating System (Alex & Nic van Someren) (1990) Hardware Risc PC original keyboard Risc PC 1M VRAM card Risc PC ARM610 CPU card 3x RISC OS 3.5 ROMs Regards, Dave -- David Thomas dave@davespace.co.uk http://www.davespace.co.uk/ Can I recommend http://www.interparcel.com No account necessary and they collect from you! 6.99+ V...

For sale: games for Amstrad & Acorn BBC & Acorn Electron & Commodore 64 & Commodore Vic20 & Dragon 32 & Oric & Sinclair ZX81 & Sinclair ZX Spectrum (16k & 48k) & IBM PC (5.25" & 3.5" & CD)
I have many old games, on 5.25" & 3.5" & CD for PC and on tapes for Amstrad & Acorn BBC & Acorn Electron & Commodore 64 & Commodore Vic20 & Dragon 32 & Oric & Sinclair ZX81 & Sinclair ZX Spectrum (16k & 48k). I need to sell some of them. Would you like to buy any? I have bank accounts in the U.K.; the Republic of Ireland; Sweden; Germany; the Netherlands and Italy, so I can accept payment in a number of currencies and in a number of ways. I live at 2461 Via Tosco Romagnola, Titignano, 56023 Cascina (PI), Italy. Send me an email or a lett...

Virtual Acorn
Does any body know of a news group or some where I can get help with Virtual RPC? chris@epsaberNOSPAM.co.uk In article <bsi4gg$kdv$1$8302bc10@news.demon.co.uk>, Chris <chris@NOSPAMepsaber.co.uk> wrote: > Does any body know of a news group or some where I can get help with > Virtual RPC? > chris@epsaberNOSPAM.co.uk comps.sys.acorn.apps - if it's one of the applications or (perhaps not as clear) comp.sys.acorn.hardware - if it's the hardware comp.sys.acorn.extra-cpu or Comp.sys.acorn.misc - if it's the interface comp.sys.acorn.misc - if it's questions...

Vintage Acorns
People might be interested in a new book about vintage computers. Covers 44 different models including the Atom, BBC Micro, Electron and Archimedes. It called Digital Retro by Gordon Laing. Details from www.digitalretro.co.uk. -- Michael Lowe Loughton Essex ...

Web resources about - Acorn NC Settop box - comp.sys.acorn.hardware

la-fi-tn-apple-announces-new-apple-tv-settop-b-001
Cult of Mac is a daily news site that follows everything Apple. Our goal is to provide timely news , insightful analysis , helpful how-tos and ...

Settop Articles on Engadget
Settop articles, stories, news and information.

Consultant: Cable Companies Won't Allow That Rumored Apple TV Settop Box
Consultant: Cable Companies Won't Allow That Rumored Apple TV Settop Box

Settop box - GeekWire
Sites including Bloomberg Businessweek reported earlier this year that Amazon was working on a set-top box that would compete with the likes ...

Settop boxes News, Videos, Reviews and Gossip - Gizmodo
Time Warner Paves the Way for Lamest Version of Apple TV's Future. Apple Pippen: the Apple TV Precursor, NOT the Game Console. Our Set-Top Boxes ...

Amazon Reportedly Working on TV Settop Box for Video Streaming
Amazon is reportedly working on its own TV settop box for streaming videos under its Instant Video -branded service. Citing three unnamed sources, ...

Amazon unveils new FireTV streaming video settop box
Amazon announces Fire TV settop box.

Fan TV Web video settop box maker looking for buyer - Re/code
The company, which had an ambitious plan to meld the Web and pay TV, has been looking for a buyer for months.

FatSkunk - CrunchBase Profile
The FatSkunk product employs a novel approach that uses principles of physics to detect malware, not heuristics or signatures. Their

Twitter
Sign in Sign up You are on Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here The Associated Press @ AP Botulism ...