acorn nc setup manuals

I have an Acorn nc computer looking at set up or manuals at least any
ideas

0
nsab (5)

On  7-Oct-2003, nsab <nsab@tpg.com.au> wrote:

> I have an Acorn nc computer looking at set up or manuals at least any
> ideas

Never seen a manual (any chance some-one could scan one and make it
available for download?) but ...

Have you searched the Acorngroups on google there is useful information
there?

Which model NC do you have?
Always useful to know, I have an Acorn Xemplar Matrix NC. However I think
they all work the same way (now who'll be first to prove me wrong?)

Main problem with the NCs are that they don't contain all the data needed to
boot to a desktop.
Firstly IP configuration, you can do this by holding down both Alt keys at
power on. Should be saved in CMOS RAM.
Second note that a Bootp server is needed. Have you got one? Windows
NT/Linux can do this.
Then you have no storage so you neet a network location for the !Boot file
and a boot file for an NC.

Both Mircolynx Topcat (fp.microlynx.plus.com) and Precedence Netmanager
(www.precedence.co.uk/index.html) provide solutions but are comercial and
not cheap (i.e. free!). Reading the Topcat installation manual
(http://fp.microlynx.plus.com/install.htm) gives you some idea what is
needed.

Hope this helps,
Chris
--
How does a project get to be a year late?
.... One day at a time.
          "Chris W" <christopher.whytehead.NOSPAM@ntlworld.com> wrote:
[snip]

> Main problem with the NCs are that they don't contain all the data needed to
> boot to a desktop.
> Firstly IP configuration, you can do this by holding down both Alt keys at
> power on. Should be saved in CMOS RAM.
> Second note that a Bootp server is needed. Have you got one? Windows
> NT/Linux can do this.
> Then you have no storage so you neet a network location for the !Boot file
> and a boot file for an NC.

What sort of network location? ftp, http, NT share or other?

--
Jess  icq: 91353267 msn: phantasm_39@hotmail.com     http://www.kentwebnet.com
     Hotmail is my spam trap - don't use for email

phantasm_39 (2515)
10/7/2003 5:00:40 PM
In article <9Rzgb.20030$4D.9966740@newsfep2-win.server.ntli.net>, Chris W
<URL:mailto:christopher.whytehead.NOSPAM@ntlworld.com> wrote:

> On  7-Oct-2003, nsab <nsab@tpg.com.au> wrote:
>
> > I have an Acorn nc computer looking at set up or manuals at least any
> > ideas
>
> Never seen a manual (any chance some-one could scan one and make it
> available for download?) but ...

As an NC doesn't do much in itself, there has never been much of a
manual beyond "plug this in there"

> Have you searched the Acorngroups on google there is useful information
> there?
>
> Which model NC do you have?
> Always useful to know, I have an Acorn Xemplar Matrix NC. However I think
> they all work the same way (now who'll be first to prove me wrong?)

There are two different breeds of NC, though the difference is in how
the ROM is configured, basically. As you note below, Precedence and
Microlynx provide(d) solutions. The former company was set up by Dr
Steven Borrill, ex-Acorn and Xemplar. That type of box boots from a BSD
server (originally a RiscPC with an Atomwide EtherB card, more recently
an x86 system), and runs the NCWorks package, with the main front end
being delivered by ANT Fresco. The TopCat variant boots from Windows
NT4 Server straight into a RISC OS desktop.

> Main problem with the NCs are that they don't contain all the data needed to
> boot to a desktop.
> Firstly IP configuration, you can do this by holding down both Alt keys at
> power on. Should be saved in CMOS RAM.
> Second note that a Bootp server is needed. Have you got one? Windows
> NT/Linux can do this.
> Then you have no storage so you neet a network location for the !Boot file
> and a boot file for an NC.
>
> Both Mircolynx Topcat (fp.microlynx.plus.com) and Precedence Netmanager
> (www.precedence.co.uk/index.html) provide solutions but are comercial and
> not cheap (i.e. free!). Reading the Topcat installation manual
> (http://fp.microlynx.plus.com/install.htm) gives you some idea what is
> needed.

As I've noted before, the free version of Navaho for RISC OS can boot
NCs. As others have noted, so can various *NIX flavours, and so can
NT4/2000.

--
Michael Gilbert: in his own write

OK, so there's the Trident in Bangor

0
mgilbert (427)
10/7/2003 6:17:57 PM
thanks really useful, I will keep in touch my nc is the second batch of nc the
one with 32 mb checked on web

Michael Gilbert wrote:

> In article <9Rzgb.20030$4D.9966740@newsfep2-win.server.ntli.net>, Chris W
> <URL:mailto:christopher.whytehead.NOSPAM@ntlworld.com> wrote:
> >

> > On  7-Oct-2003, nsab <nsab@tpg.com.au> wrote:
> >
> > > I have an Acorn nc computer looking at set up or manuals at least any
> > > ideas
> >
> > Never seen a manual (any chance some-one could scan one and make it
> > available for download?) but ...
>
> As an NC doesn't do much in itself, there has never been much of a
> manual beyond "plug this in there"
> >
> > Have you searched the Acorngroups on google there is useful information
> > there?
> >
> > Which model NC do you have?
> > Always useful to know, I have an Acorn Xemplar Matrix NC. However I think
> > they all work the same way (now who'll be first to prove me wrong?)
>
> There are two different breeds of NC, though the difference is in how
> the ROM is configured, basically. As you note below, Precedence and
> Microlynx provide(d) solutions. The former company was set up by Dr
> Steven Borrill, ex-Acorn and Xemplar. That type of box boots from a BSD
> server (originally a RiscPC with an Atomwide EtherB card, more recently
> an x86 system), and runs the NCWorks package, with the main front end
> being delivered by ANT Fresco. The TopCat variant boots from Windows
> NT4 Server straight into a RISC OS desktop.
> >
> > Main problem with the NCs are that they don't contain all the data needed to
> > boot to a desktop.
> > Firstly IP configuration, you can do this by holding down both Alt keys at
> > power on. Should be saved in CMOS RAM.
> > Second note that a Bootp server is needed. Have you got one? Windows
> > NT/Linux can do this.
> > Then you have no storage so you neet a network location for the !Boot file
> > and a boot file for an NC.
> >
> > Both Mircolynx Topcat (fp.microlynx.plus.com) and Precedence Netmanager
> > (www.precedence.co.uk/index.html) provide solutions but are comercial and
> > not cheap (i.e. free!). Reading the Topcat installation manual
> > (http://fp.microlynx.plus.com/install.htm) gives you some idea what is
> > needed.
>
> As I've noted before, the free version of Navaho for RISC OS can boot
> NCs. As others have noted, so can various *NIX flavours, and so can
> NT4/2000.
> >

> > Hope this helps,
> > Chris
>
> --
> Michael Gilbert: in his own write
>
> OK, so there's the Trident in Bangor

0
nsab (5)
10/7/2003 10:39:13 PM
On  7-Oct-2003, nsab <nsab@tpg.com.au> wrote:
<snip>
> > > Never seen a manual (any chance some-one could scan one and make it
> > > available for download?) but ...
> >
> > As an NC doesn't do much in itself, there has never been much of a
> > manual beyond "plug this in there"

<snip>

> > There are two different breeds of NC, though the difference is in how
> > the ROM is configured, basically. As you note below, Precedence and
> > Microlynx provide(d) solutions. The former company was set up by Dr
> > Steven Borrill, ex-Acorn and Xemplar. That type of box boots from a BSD
> > server (originally a RiscPC with an Atomwide EtherB card, more recently
> > an x86 system), and runs the NCWorks package, with the main front end
> > being delivered by ANT Fresco. The TopCat variant boots from Windows
> > NT4 Server straight into a RISC OS desktop.

This is not quite true as the Topcat !ArmBoot.tcboot seems to contain a
choice of 3 !Run files:
- RISC OS Desktop
- Citrix Metaframe
- NCFresco
although I have only got it to work for RISC OS Desktop. I don't have a
Citrix MetaFrame to play with and I can't get NCFresco to connect to
anything. I think my NCFresco problems are because I have an old version of
Topcat and the Internet (v4) configuration is broken.

<snip>
> > > Then you have no storage so you neet a network location for the !Boot
> > > file and a boot file for an NC.
If using an NT server then the network location is an NT share, I think that
on Unix/Linux then it is an NFS mount
<snip>

> > As I've noted before, the free version of Navaho for RISC OS can boot
> > NCs. As others have noted, so can various *NIX flavours, and so can
> > NT4/2000.
Is there any information on how to configure Navaho to boot NCs? The Topcat
instructions are not simple, but the installation guide is comprehensive. I
would not like to have to create my own network Boot from scratch.

<snip>

> thanks really useful, I will keep in touch my nc is the second batch of nc
> the  one with 32 mb checked on web

My Xemplar Matrix is 16MB, NCOS1.11.

Chris
--
In article <7pKgb.793$ho2.1049367@newsfep1-win.server.ntli.net>, Chris W
<URL:mailto:christopher.whytehead.NOSPAM@ntlworld.com> wrote:

> On  7-Oct-2003, nsab <nsab@tpg.com.au> wrote:
> <snip>
> > >
> > > As an NC doesn't do much in itself, there has never been much of a
> > > manual beyond "plug this in there"
>
> <snip>
>
> > > There are two different breeds of NC, though the difference is in how
> > > the ROM is configured, basically. As you note below, Precedence and
> > > Microlynx provide(d) solutions. The former company was set up by Dr
> > > Steven Borrill, ex-Acorn and Xemplar. That type of box boots from a BSD
> > > server (originally a RiscPC with an Atomwide EtherB card, more recently
> > > an x86 system), and runs the NCWorks package, with the main front end
> > > being delivered by ANT Fresco. The TopCat variant boots from Windows
> > > NT4 Server straight into a RISC OS desktop.
>
> This is not quite true as the Topcat !ArmBoot.tcboot seems to contain a
> choice of 3 !Run files:
> - RISC OS Desktop
> - Citrix Metaframe
> - NCFresco
> although I have only got it to work for RISC OS Desktop. I don't have a
> Citrix MetaFrame to play with and I can't get NCFresco to connect to
> anything. I think my NCFresco problems are because I have an old version of
> Topcat and the Internet (v4) configuration is broken.

The alternative boots do not now and never have worked. Believe, I've
tried, and asked Microlynx. There is no ROM-based ICA client, so direct
into MetaFrame is no go. Nominally, there's a web page that allows you
to choose whether you use RISC OS, Windows or the onboard Fresco, but
this doesn't work either. Topcat 1.4 works fine, and any mods to fix
bugs are (or were) free. The 1.47 (ISTR) upgrade was chargeable, but
resolved none of the above issues.

> <snip>
> If using an NT server then the network location is an NT share, I think that
> on Unix/Linux then it is an NFS mount
> <snip>
>
> > > As I've noted before, the free version of Navaho for RISC OS can boot
> > > NCs. As others have noted, so can various *NIX flavours, and so can
> > > NT4/2000.
> Is there any information on how to configure Navaho to boot NCs? The Topcat
> instructions are not simple, but the installation guide is comprehensive. I
> would not like to have to create my own network Boot from scratch.

Topcat is a piece of cake compared to Navaho. Run the installer on your
Windows box, and set the DHCP scope up to point at the right place
andit generally works.

--
Michael Gilbert: in his own write

OK, so there's the Trident in Bangor

0
mgilbert (427)

FS: Misc Acorn (and non-Acorn) hardware
Like Peter Naulls yesterday, I'm trying to get rid of my remaining Risc PC and the related hardware. I've put them on eBay. The Acorn-specific items are: Acorn Risc PC StrongARM 233 MHz + Power-tec SCSI http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202188067 i-cubed EtherLan600 for Acorn Risc PC/A7000 http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202186713 Acorn Risc PC power supply, backplane and screws http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202185817 RISC OS Select http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202184767 STD PS2Mouse for Acorn Risc PC http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202183392 Acorn MEU + Plextor PlexWriter RW 4220 internal SCSI http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202182624 Graphic tablet PaintPal Deluxe http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202181086 The rest is not Acorn-specific but was connected to either a Risc PC or a Iyonix and therefore may be of interest here as well: Mitsumi FA402M 3.5" Floppy and 7in1 Media Drive http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202179719 Sony 3.5" Floppy MPF 920 http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202177159 ELSA MicroLink ISDN 4U Router/Hub http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5777800061 Iomega ZIP 100 Drive external SCSI http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202173954 HP ScanJet 3c SCSI http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...

Acorn NC or Acorn NetStation, looking for one.
I am looking for an Acorn NC with ethernet interface! If someone has one, please let me know, and a reasonable price. Complete, with the remote and etc! Thanks! Leonardo leonardo@editek.com In message <1192995978.255456.168910@y27g2000pre.googlegroups.com> leonardo.cohen@gmail.com wrote: > I am looking for an Acorn NC with ethernet interface! If someone has > one, please let me know, and a reasonable price. Complete, with the > remote and etc! I shall be eBaying an NC with ethernet, but no remote, fairly shortly, possibly in the next few weeks. Alan -- RISC OS - you know it makes cents ...

Standalone Acorn NC
Hi, I've recently acquired an Acorn NC (Xemplar), ex school machine. It was previously on a network and used Citrix MetaFrame to connect to Windows NT. I would like to set it up to make some form of use of it on my home network. Searching google groups I've managed to get as far as pressing the ALT keys during boot to set the IP address etc. I've also got TrueGrid NFS Server on my Windows XP machine, with an export which I've copied the universal boot sequence into (renamed !nfsboot) from acorn.riscos.com. When I type nfsboot at the * prompt, it tries to run th...

Acorn Publisher / Acorn User / Qercus
By now some people should have received their copy of Qercus - ie issue 268 of Acorn User or vol 10 issue 1 of Acorn Publisher. The additional printing numbers and distribution is new to us so we're not sure how long it will take to get to all subscribers or to be available in the shops. Some bulk mailings to overseas customers may not go until next week. Our experience so far with the database we inherited from Tau Press is that some customers will receive duplicate copies of the magazine whilst others will not receive one at all. We have been working hard to put right as many errors as we could identify but we know there are still some problems remaining. If you receive an extra issue will you please let us know and tell us which reference numbers are on the two (three/four!) labels so that we can put it right for next time. Please don't return any copies - donate duplicates to a friend, library, dentist/doctor's waiting room &c If you don't receive your copy (UK) then please do not let us know until the middle of next week; we have arranged to do *another* sweep of the database after the SW Show and may have sorted out outstanding problems by the time you call. Whilst far-flung Acorn User subscribers should receive their copies faster than before they should give it an extra week at least before reporting non-receipt. For this occasion reminders have been sent separately from the magazine and should have already been received by UK subscribers who n...

Qercus (Acorn User / Acorn Publisher) binders
The new Qercus binders will be available within 2 weeks and we're taking orders now. They are available in dark blue with the Qercus logo in gold on the spine. The binders will match previous Acorn Publisher binders but will hold 14 copies of the magazine so Qercus readers will have a spare string for notes and indexes whilst Acorn Publisher readers will have room for two years' issues including two annual special issues of Qercus. Qercus is well-worth collecting so order your binder today. Binders will cost 8.95 each inc UK postage and may (just) be available at Wakefield. Until the end of May new subscribers starting their subscription with issue 268, and ordering a binder at the same time, will receive their first issue free. ie UK subscription + binder = 49.95 + 8.95 = 58.90 for year's subscription from issue 269 with issue 268 free. Orders should be sent to "Finnybank Ltd" 30 Finnybank Road Sale M33 6LR or by phone to 0161 969 9820. Cheques or cards can be accepted. Binders and magazines will be despatched together as soon as the binders are available. -- John Cartmell editor Qercus - editor@qercus.com www.qercus.com Qercus: a fusion of Acorn Publisher & Acorn User magazines one magazine for graphics & design - one magazine for all RISC OS users Finnybank Ltd 30 Finnybank Rd Sale M33 6LR == 0161 969 9820 _______________________________________________________________ a.m.conroy@argonet.co.uk, Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.anno...

FA: Acorn Archimedes A310 and Acorn AKF50 Monitor
For Auction on eBay: Acorn Archimedes A310 and Acorn AKF50 Monitor British Broadcasting Corporation Microcomputer System Processor: ARM 3 Memory: 8 MB Hard Disc: 350 MB Podules: Design IT E500 Access+ (Ethernet 10Base2) Oak SCSI Interface Watford Electronics Scanner Peripherals: 3-button mouse Original keyboard with extension cable Watford Electronics Hand Scanner Monitor: Acorn AKF50 with mains connection to A310 and 9/15 adapter. Slight superficial damage to monitor case. Used to be in daily use. Needed only fresh AA batteries (for CMOS RAM) to overcome a year of non-use. Buyer arranges collection. Payment: cash on collection <URL:http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Acorn-Archimedes-A310_W0QQitemZ8804993118QQcategoryZ4193QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem> -- * Sick of BT? Leave them and reduce your phone bill by up to half. * Want a spam-proof Usenet address? Visit www.invalid.org.uk or email me: postmaster at invalid dot org dot uk * (tim@invalid.org.uk is deleted - please use my valid address above) .... "Thy glass will show thee how thy beauties wear, thy dial how thy precious minutes waste" Sonnet 77 ...

FA: Acorn Archimedes A310 and Acorn AKF50 Monitor #2
For Auction on eBay (Less than 20 hours to go): Acorn Archimedes A310 and Acorn AKF50 Monitor British Broadcasting Corporation Microcomputer System Processor: ARM 3 Memory: 8 MB Hard Disc: 350 MB Podules: Design IT E500 Access+ (Ethernet 10Base2) Oak SCSI Interface Watford Electronics Scanner Peripherals: 3-button mouse Original keyboard with extension cable Watford Electronics Hand Scanner Monitor: Acorn AKF50 with mains connection to A310 and 9/15 adapter. Slight superficial damage to monitor case. Used to be in daily use. Needed only fresh AA batteries (for CMOS RAM) to overcome a year of non-use. Buyer arranges collection. Payment: cash on collection <URL:http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Acorn-Archimedes-A310_W0QQitemZ8804993118QQcategoryZ4193QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem> ...

Acorn Electron hardware wanted
Folks Forgive what may be an intrusion but if anyone is prepared to sell any Acorn Electron hardware in particular an (original L-shaped) Acorn Plus 3, please reply to this. Cheers On 20 Jan 2006 as I do recall, JCC wrote: > Folks > > Forgive what may be an intrusion but if anyone is prepared to sell any Acorn > Electron hardware in particular an (original L-shaped) Acorn Plus 3, please > reply to this. > These are the correct groups, but comp.sys.acorn.hardware might be even better... :-) -- Harriet Bazley == Loyaulte me lie == ...

Acorn NC Settop box
I have picked up an Acorn; black, marked acorn,ps/2 mouse key board, left right out audio, tv out, vga, printer, ethernet,dc 12v out and 16volt in. I looked on the web I can't find acorn faq nor acorn web site. I would like to run this system but here Acorns are very rare. In message <3F262CD6.C807D242@tpg.com.au> Anthony <nsab@tpg.com.au> wrote: > I have picked up an Acorn; black, marked acorn,ps/2 mouse key board, > left right out audio, tv out, vga, printer, ethernet,dc 12v out and > 16volt in. I looked on the web I can't find acorn faq nor acorn web > site. I would like to run this system but here Acorns are very rare. http://www.iconbar.com http://www.drobe.co.uk http://www.riscos.com http://acorn.riscos.com are good starting points -- Jess icq: 91353267 msn: phantasm_39@hotmail.com http://www.kentwebnet.com Hotmail is my spam trap - don't use for email mailto:nospam@itworkshop.uklinux.net RISC OS 4.36 kinetic 64+128+2M Castle Storm DMA + 17GB 586-133 I-3 ADSL -----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =----- http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! -----== Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 16 Different Servers! =----- On 29 Jul, in message <3F262CD6.C807D242@tpg.com.au> Anthony <nsab@tpg.com.au> wrote: >I have picked up an Acorn; black, marked acorn,ps/2 mouse key board, >left right out audio, tv out, vga, printer, ethernet,dc 12v out and >16...

Acorns fall next to the tree [Acorn stuff on ebuy UK]
I usually don't surf Acorns, but I noticed some on ebuy. Acorn RiscOS 3.5 ROMs - no reserve Acorn 486 Co-processor card - no reserve Acorn Arm610 processor card - no reserve ...

Acorn NC
Hi everybody, last week I bought an Acorn NC with a ethernet card. I've connected to my LAN but do not start. This is error in Acorn NC : "RPC communication failed on mount (transaction timed out)" In my LAN I've a Win98PC with installed Wago Bootp server. I've saved in c:\nc directory the !Boot structure renamed !NFSBoot This is a Bootptab.txt configuration : ------------ AcornNC:hd=/nc:bf=!NFSBoot:gw=192.168.1.1:sm=255.255.255.0:ht=ethernet:ha=0000A4116BD0:ip=192.168.1.3:vm=0.0.0.0:bs=auto: ------------ This is a Acorn NC configuration : ------------ ...

Problems posting to acorn.hardware
Hi, I've posted a few things to acorn.hardware in the last few days but I was surprised to get no follow ups from the normal helpful people who contribute regularly. Checking on google.groups it doesn't look as if any of my posts have got through - I have a local copy whicy presumably gets added by MessengerPro. Is there any problem posting to this group at the moment? -- andrew.mcmullon@tesco.net In article <92d606294d.andy@andrew.mcmullon@tesco.net>, Andy McMullon <andrew.mcmullon@tesco.net> wrote: > Hi, > I've posted a few things to acorn.hardware in the last few days but I > was surprised to get no follow ups from the normal helpful people who > contribute regularly. > Checking on google.groups it doesn't look as if any of my posts have > got through - I have a local copy whicy presumably gets added by > MessengerPro. > Is there any problem posting to this group at the moment? Three items from you since Jan 2nd. (One of those was a repeat of an earlier query about KVM kit) Those items appeared OK. Maybe the people who could answer aren't around at the moment, winter sun holiday perhaps? Gone off to work in one of the countries around the Indian Ocean. Whatever. On 6 Jan 2005 Andy McMullon <andrew.mcmullon@tesco.net> wrote: > I've posted a few things to acorn.hardware in the last few days but I > was surprised to get no follow ups from the normal helpful people who > contribute regul...

FS: All manner of Acorn Hardware
Hi all I'm loosing my room at my parents, which means my collection of Acorn stuff has to go! This includes but is not limited to some of the following; A5000, standard, old college machine A3000, with external hard drive and a 5 1/4" floppy disc (this machine i love, grew up with it but have no where to put it), also has a network card RISC PC 700, another ex college one, works, think i might have put a strong arm and PC card in it. Acorn electron, with tapes and two power supplies Star dot matrix printer for the acorn, includes at least one ink ribbon All kinds of miscellaneous hard ware for a BBC b/master including; CUB monitor, various tape decks and modems, floppy drives Pile of Acorn User magazines (about 30 of) Bigger pile of manuals, probably in the region of 20 manuals and software packs Miscellaneous boxes of software on low density floppies See the following for piccies, this is not everything, and not everything pictured is available http://s297.photobucket.com/albums/mm230/vannystick/ Would prefer for the whole lot to go in one go but don't expect it, and I would like to see token gestures of cash for them. Not able to post at the moment, located on the Wirral but can also be collected from Liverpool with sufficient warning. Needs to go in the next two weeks, so offered here, then eBay, then the tip! I'd have thought ebay would be best as there has not been that much Acorn/RISC OS stuff on there for a while, so prices should be good. Also, if ...

FS: Misc Acorn hardware
i-cubed EtherLan 600: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101336155 IBM 586 (100 MHz) card: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101337088 RISC OS 3.50: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101348173 RISC OS 4.02: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101349126 Risc PC: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101360766 StrongARM card: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101361862 Texas Instruments 486-SLC (40 MHz): http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101363515 Everything in good, near perfect condition unless stated otherwise. I'm selling from Germany, but I'll deliver to UK as well. Oversea on request. Please get in touch for shipping cost in those cases. -- Stefan Bellon On 10 Jun, I wrote: > StrongARM card: > http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101361862 I announced this offer without RISC OS 3.70 ROMs because I didn't find the ones belonging to the card. In the meantime I have found them. This offer will include the RISC OS 3.70 ROM set. -- Stefan Bellon ...

Acorn NC's
Hi, Can someone tell me what i will need to use an acorn NC? Will I need NFS, DHCP and BootP servers to use it, or will It just need to be connected to a network..? I know that with some Nc's, you need all that..but with the acorn one is it different? Ive seen some working, and they boot up RO 3.7 as if it was on a rom, like other acorns. Does anyone know how they work? Thanks, Alex =) On 14 Dec, in message <brhgvi$qok$1@news8.svr.pol.co.uk> "Alex White" <littlewhitey1991@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi, >Can someone tell me what i will need to use an acorn NC? >Will I need NFS, DHCP and BootP servers to use it, or will It just need to >be connected to a network..? >I know that with some Nc's, you need all that..but with the acorn one is it >different? Ive seen some working, and they boot up RO 3.7 as if it was on a >rom, like other acorns. IIRC it's 3.6 and that is on ROM. But they need to find (IIRC again) !NFSBoot or is it !NCBoot and they can only do that if you connect them to a network and provide DHCP and NFS. I've had no problems with (IIRC) the ISC DHCP stuff and the NFS/portmap stuff. Unfortunately I would be able to provide more detailed information if the box which does the DHCP and NFS stuff was working :-( . Yours, Phil L. -- http://www.philipnet.com http://director.sourceforge.net Xander (to Buffy and Willow): Let's face it, none of us are ever going to have a happy normal relati...

Acorn C/C++ box + manuals
Hi all, I have recently re-discovered the box and manuals, more or less untouched by time, for Acorn C/C++ (I think release 5, first CFront-based stuff with Toolbox). I am hugely reluctant to bin these so am looking for a new home for them if there was anyone who would give them a good home and perhaps even use them for their own projects. Please contact me if you are interested and we can work out P&P etc. depending on where you are. I am in London. Many thanks, Rob. In message <a2a81f88-7835-47ef-b600-3a0a861a73f1@googlegroups.com> raclark@gmail.com wrote: > Please contact me if you are interested and we can work out P&P etc. > depending on where you are. I am in London. Damn, just too late! You could have brought them along to last night's ROUGOL meeting, there would probably have been someone who would have taken them. If you don't get any other offers and can hang on to them until the 18th April, bring them along next month :-) Bryan. -- RISC OS User Group Of London - http://www.rougol.jellybaby.net/ RISC OS London Show - http://www.riscoslondonshow.co.uk/ ...

FS: Acorn/Xemplar Matrix NC
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8146775111&ssPageName =ADME:B:LC:UK:1 Only �30 for a nice NC+ psu! :) ...

REQ: Acorn A4 Laptop Manuals!!!!!
I recently got my hands on the Acorn A4 laptop, but i could realy do with some documentation on how to use the operating system. I used the A3000 about ten years ago, but I can only just about manage 2 load Draw. If you have any manuals in PDF format or know where i might get anything like this, it would be a great help, if you could e-mail me and let me know. Thanks gary.busey@virgin.net Hi, On Mon, 4 Aug 2003, skok wrote: > In nuus:aqftivcubvluotsh72ts7auue13lju11d5@4ax.com, > tik Supernaut1979 <gary.busey@virgin.net>: > > I recently got my hands on the Acorn A4 laptop...

Searching for Acorn NC with Ethernet Podule
Hello, As the tittle mentions, I'm searching for an Acron nc with ethernet. If you have one and wants to sell, please send me message. Preferred In good shape and with box. I like to buy two or more units. Kind regards, Mark Mark, I spotted this one of eBay the other day. It's on a buy it now and has over 5 days left to run. http://tinyurl.com/5bveak Hope this helps. Cheers TheDysk "Mark" <mark.g.goossens@gmail.com> wrote in message news:a89013f7-e0c4-4cd6-9484-c8692cbdddce@v15g2000yqn.googlegroups.com... > Hello, > > As the tittle mentions, I'm searching for an Acron nc with ethernet. > If you have one and wants to sell, please send me message. > Preferred In good shape and with box. I like to buy two or more units. > > Kind regards, > > Mark > ...

Misc Acorn/BBC Hardware/Software up for free.
Hi Guys, I have been a keen retro computing enthusiast for as long as I can remember however I have no come to a point where I can no longer store the stuff I have. I have been slowly but surely giving things away over the last few year. I still have quite a few bits which as I uncover them whilst sorting the loft/garage/cupboards etc, I am starting to list and wondered if you or people you know might be interested in any of it. So I guess comes the shameless plug as I am listing it on my 'free to a good home' site called AnyGoodToYou.com where we have specifically set up a section for Vintage / classic hardware. Hope you can help as I really don't want this stuff to end up at the local WEEE dump. Cheers Allan ...

Acorn System 1 + User Manual on eBay.
Have finally made the decision to sell my System 1. Will miss it, but better off with someone who will look after it, than collecting dust. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330325032213 On 24 Apr, 18:07, MarkYoungIW <MarkYoun...@Yahoo.com> wrote: > Have finally made the decision to sell my System 1. =A0Will miss it, but > better off with someone who will look after it, than collecting dust. > > http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3D330325032213 All the best with your sale. Regards On Sun, 26 Apr 2009 12:24:46 -0700, Charlie wrote: > On 24 Apr, 18:07, MarkYoungIW <MarkYoun...@Yahoo.com> wrote: >> Have finally made the decision to sell my System 1.  Will miss it, but >> better off with someone who will look after it, than collecting dust. >> >> http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330325032213 > > All the best with your sale. Seconded. Looks like a nice, clean example. I still wouldn't ever part with mine :-) cheers Jules Wow, was amazed. 26 watchers, but not one bid!!! Looks like it will remain in my collection. Credit Crunch I guess!!! On Mon, 04 May 2009 11:52:21 -0700, MarkYoungIW wrote: > Wow, was amazed. 26 watchers, but not one bid!!! Looks like it will > remain in my collection. Well, that's not necessarily a bad thing :-) from what I've seen of ebay it's like that though - get oe bid and there's a...

Manual for Acorn Desktop C (repost from c.s.a.programmer)
I've got one set of manuals - well I had the discs as well, but have disposed of them - for Acorn ANSI C release 4. I'm about to dispose of the manuals as well; unless somebody has a use for them. I'm after =A310 to cover carriage and handling. If nobody replies before 1pm, i'll be disposing of them via the trash... Dave ...

Old Acorn manuals
Hi all, I have some old Acorn manuals here collecting dust... a variety of user guides and application guides, all for RISC OS 3. All offered for free to a good home. Collect from New Eltham, London, SE9 3RJ, or pay postage. Please click on reply to author. I won't be checking messages onthe user group. Thanks everyone, Alex ...

FA Acorn Ecolink card, drivers and manuals (econet for the IBM PC).
Acorn Ecolink card, software and manuals for auction. No reserve. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Not easy to find these days, this is an auction for an Acorn Ecolink card, software and manuals. The Ecolink card is a full size ISA card which plugs into an IBM PC. No reserve on this item. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8807948873 Thanks. Ian. cii-2d21@iximail.com wrote: > Acorn Ecolink card, software and manuals for auction. No reserve. > ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- > > Not easy to find these days, this is an auction for an Acorn Ecolink > card, software and manuals. The Ecolink card is a full size ISA card > which plugs into an IBM PC. No reserve on this item. > > http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8807948873 ROFLMAO - at last something which really belongs on this newsgroup :-)) Cheers, Ray D On Sun, 07 May 2006 08:43:56 -0700, cii-2d21 wrote: > Acorn Ecolink card, software and manuals for auction. No reserve. Is this the same one that sold on ebay about 3 months ago? Surprised to see two of them within such a short time period! Looks like it might be - 'mesilcreval' was the winning bidder the last time and 'hasilcreval' is the seller this time around... cheers Jules Yes it is the same card. Its an amazing bit of kit. I've decided t...

Web resources about - acorn nc setup manuals - comp.sys.acorn.hardware

Manual for iPhone
We have a winner for Best App Introduction of the Year.

Wikipedia talk:Manual of Style/Medicine-related articles - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This page is within the scope of WikiProject Pharmacology , a collaborative effort to improve the coverage of Pharmacology on Wikipedia. If you ...

Volkswagen says no link between circumstances of Melissa Ryan's death and new reports of manual cars ...
More Volkswagen drivers say they were left angry and scared after their cars suddenly lost power while they were driving them.

OxygenOS 2.2.0 rolling out for OnePlus X with manual camera controls, save to SD card options, more
Following the official launch of OxygenOS 2.1.4 for the original OnePlus One, the manufacturer is now pushing out a new software update for its ...

Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge user manuals now online
... device? Now you can experience the illusory thrill of pretending to have just performed your own unboxing by paging through the user manuals ...

KTM brings the service manual into the 21st century with augmented reality
... app (running on an iPad) in action. 3 more images in gallery Hyundai's use of augmented reality to create a 21st century owner's manual remains ...

We drive Honda's turbo/manual Civic prototype
Filed under: Honda , Sedan , Budget Honda has listened to enthusiasts and will begin offering a turbocharged, manual-transmission Civic. And ...

Googler Speaks Out about Manual Actions #SMX
Googler Speaks Out about Manual Actions #SMX was originally published on BruceClay.com, home of expert search engine optimization tips . There ...

Tesla Powerwall Installation & User’s Manual Posted Online
... the same time because no details were known. At the news conference, Tesla blew everyone [&hellip Tesla Powerwall Installation & User’s Manual ...

Expert: The end of manual labor
Atlas is a game changer not just for companies, but for society, Inside.com's Jason Calacanis says of Google's new robot.