Acorn NCs Booting Into A RiscOS Desktop

Hi,
Does anyone know how I can do that?
Ive seen them boot into a riscos desktop, so I know its possible..
At the moment, my NC boots into what i think is Fresco, and I get an error
message that says "The Network Connection Could Not Be Established." and in
a little box it says "Try Again"
I think thats because I havent set up internet stuff, but on my NFS Server,
it shows that its been in and looked at !NFSBoot.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Alex

I have a little more info to help!
It does boot into Fresco, and if i stop it while its loading the error page,
I can see the fresco bar, and its usable like a full browser!
Does anyone know how I can set up Fresco to access the internet via my proxy
server?
And also, I still want to know how I can boot it into a risc os desktop, and
and and..I'd like to know if I can boot it into !ICAClient ?
Thanks In Advance,
Alex

On 23 Dec 2003 "Alex White" <littlewhitey1991@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> Does anyone know how I can do that?
> Ive seen them boot into a riscos desktop, so I know its possible..
> At the moment, my NC boots into what i think is Fresco, and I get an error
> message that says "The Network Connection Could Not Be Established." and in
> a little box it says "Try Again"
> I think thats because I havent set up internet stuff, but on my NFS Server,
> it shows that its been in and looked at !NFSBoot.
> Any help would be greatly appreciated!
> Thanks,
> Alex

csa.networking would be a better place to ask this.

Followups set.

---druck

news5843 (7461)
12/23/2003 5:52:16 PM
> On 23 Dec 2003 "Alex White" <littlewhitey1991@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > Does anyone know how I can do that?
> > Ive seen them boot into a riscos desktop, so I know its possible..
> > At the moment, my NC boots into what i think is Fresco, and I get an
error
> > message that says "The Network Connection Could Not Be Established." and
in
> > a little box it says "Try Again"
> > I think thats because I havent set up internet stuff, but on my NFS
Server,
> > it shows that its been in and looked at !NFSBoot.
> > Any help would be greatly appreciated!
> > Thanks,
> > Alex

I have a little more info to help!
It does boot into Fresco, and if i stop it while its loading the error page,
I can see the fresco bar, and its usable like a full browser!
Does anyone know how I can set up Fresco to access the internet via my proxy
server?
And also, I still want to know how I can boot it into a risc os desktop, and
and and..I'd like to know if I can boot it into !ICAClient ?
Thanks In Advance,
Alex

0
Alex
12/24/2003 8:46:04 AM
"Alex White" <littlewhitey1991@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<bsbjmm$lc8$1@news5.svr.pol.co.uk>...
> > On 23 Dec 2003 "Alex White" <littlewhitey1991@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > > Does anyone know how I can do that?
> > > Ive seen them boot into a riscos desktop, so I know its possible..
> > > At the moment, my NC boots into what i think is Fresco, and I get an
>  error
> > > message that says "The Network Connection Could Not Be Established." and
>  in
> > > a little box it says "Try Again"
> > > I think thats because I havent set up internet stuff, but on my NFS
>  Server,
> > > it shows that its been in and looked at !NFSBoot.
> > > Any help would be greatly appreciated!
> > > Thanks,
> > > Alex
>
> I have a little more info to help!
> It does boot into Fresco, and if i stop it while its loading the error page,
> I can see the fresco bar, and its usable like a full browser!
> Does anyone know how I can set up Fresco to access the internet via my proxy
> server?
> And also, I still want to know how I can boot it into a risc os desktop, and
> and and..I'd like to know if I can boot it into !ICAClient ?
> Thanks In Advance,
> Alex

Until I purchased the TopCat software, which is designed for NTServer
not NFS as the backend, so had to be persuaded a bit, I could not do
either.  With TopCat you can do both RISC OS desktop and then ICA, not
sure where you would get the ICA client from these days.

I no longer have a working example of this.  The message tokenisation
is different between the desktop RISC OS and NC os so loading modules
from a desktop machine in an NC has interesting results.  TopCat seems
to resolve this.

Alan
0
ajw

FS: Misc Acorn (and non-Acorn) hardware
Like Peter Naulls yesterday, I'm trying to get rid of my remaining Risc PC and the related hardware. I've put them on eBay. The Acorn-specific items are: Acorn Risc PC StrongARM 233 MHz + Power-tec SCSI http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202188067 i-cubed EtherLan600 for Acorn Risc PC/A7000 http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202186713 Acorn Risc PC power supply, backplane and screws http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202185817 RISC OS Select http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202184767 STD PS2Mouse for Acorn Risc PC http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202183392 Acorn MEU + Plextor PlexWriter RW 4220 internal SCSI http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202182624 Graphic tablet PaintPal Deluxe http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202181086 The rest is not Acorn-specific but was connected to either a Risc PC or a Iyonix and therefore may be of interest here as well: Mitsumi FA402M 3.5" Floppy and 7in1 Media Drive http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202179719 Sony 3.5" Floppy MPF 920 http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202177159 ELSA MicroLink ISDN 4U Router/Hub http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5777800061 Iomega ZIP 100 Drive external SCSI http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202173954 HP ScanJet 3c SCSI http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...

Acorn Publisher / Acorn User / Qercus
By now some people should have received their copy of Qercus - ie issue 268 of Acorn User or vol 10 issue 1 of Acorn Publisher. The additional printing numbers and distribution is new to us so we're not sure how long it will take to get to all subscribers or to be available in the shops. Some bulk mailings to overseas customers may not go until next week. Our experience so far with the database we inherited from Tau Press is that some customers will receive duplicate copies of the magazine whilst others will not receive one at all. We have been working hard to put right as many errors as we could identify but we know there are still some problems remaining. If you receive an extra issue will you please let us know and tell us which reference numbers are on the two (three/four!) labels so that we can put it right for next time. Please don't return any copies - donate duplicates to a friend, library, dentist/doctor's waiting room &c If you don't receive your copy (UK) then please do not let us know until the middle of next week; we have arranged to do *another* sweep of the database after the SW Show and may have sorted out outstanding problems by the time you call. Whilst far-flung Acorn User subscribers should receive their copies faster than before they should give it an extra week at least before reporting non-receipt. For this occasion reminders have been sent separately from the magazine and should have already been received by UK subscribers who n...

Qercus (Acorn User / Acorn Publisher) binders
The new Qercus binders will be available within 2 weeks and we're taking orders now. They are available in dark blue with the Qercus logo in gold on the spine. The binders will match previous Acorn Publisher binders but will hold 14 copies of the magazine so Qercus readers will have a spare string for notes and indexes whilst Acorn Publisher readers will have room for two years' issues including two annual special issues of Qercus. Qercus is well-worth collecting so order your binder today. Binders will cost 8.95 each inc UK postage and may (just) be available at Wakefield. Until the end of May new subscribers starting their subscription with issue 268, and ordering a binder at the same time, will receive their first issue free. ie UK subscription + binder = 49.95 + 8.95 = 58.90 for year's subscription from issue 269 with issue 268 free. Orders should be sent to "Finnybank Ltd" 30 Finnybank Road Sale M33 6LR or by phone to 0161 969 9820. Cheques or cards can be accepted. Binders and magazines will be despatched together as soon as the binders are available. -- John Cartmell editor Qercus - editor@qercus.com www.qercus.com Qercus: a fusion of Acorn Publisher & Acorn User magazines one magazine for graphics & design - one magazine for all RISC OS users Finnybank Ltd 30 Finnybank Rd Sale M33 6LR == 0161 969 9820 _______________________________________________________________ a.m.conroy@argonet.co.uk, Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.anno...

Acorn NC or Acorn NetStation, looking for one.
I am looking for an Acorn NC with ethernet interface! If someone has one, please let me know, and a reasonable price. Complete, with the remote and etc! Thanks! Leonardo leonardo@editek.com In message <1192995978.255456.168910@y27g2000pre.googlegroups.com> leonardo.cohen@gmail.com wrote: > I am looking for an Acorn NC with ethernet interface! If someone has > one, please let me know, and a reasonable price. Complete, with the > remote and etc! I shall be eBaying an NC with ethernet, but no remote, fairly shortly, possibly in the next few weeks. Alan -- RISC OS - you know it makes cents ...

Acorn RISCOS Freebies
I have been sorting out some Acorn-related detritus, which is destined for the skip unless someone says they want any of it before Monday 22nd December. All items are available 'as-seen' -- untested, and therefore free-of-charge -- for collection/delivery in SE-England by arrangement. Krisalis 'Quest for Gold' CC Intersheet CC TurboDrivers (Canon Bubblejet) CC Impression Style CC Compression Minerva Easiword SBASE2 Prophet 3 Ant Internet Suite v2.xx Acorn PC Emulator (with DR-DOS and it's manual) ArcFax RISC OS3 User Guide / Applications Guide AKJ47 x3 RiscPC Welcome Gui...

FA: Acorn Archimedes A310 and Acorn AKF50 Monitor
For Auction on eBay: Acorn Archimedes A310 and Acorn AKF50 Monitor British Broadcasting Corporation Microcomputer System Processor: ARM 3 Memory: 8 MB Hard Disc: 350 MB Podules: Design IT E500 Access+ (Ethernet 10Base2) Oak SCSI Interface Watford Electronics Scanner Peripherals: 3-button mouse Original keyboard with extension cable Watford Electronics Hand Scanner Monitor: Acorn AKF50 with mains connection to A310 and 9/15 adapter. Slight superficial damage to monitor case. Used to be in daily use. Needed only fresh AA batteries (for CMOS RAM) to overcome a year of non-use. Buyer arranges collection. Payment: cash on collection <URL:http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Acorn-Archimedes-A310_W0QQitemZ8804993118QQcategoryZ4193QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem> -- * Sick of BT? Leave them and reduce your phone bill by up to half. * Want a spam-proof Usenet address? Visit www.invalid.org.uk or email me: postmaster at invalid dot org dot uk * (tim@invalid.org.uk is deleted - please use my valid address above) .... "Thy glass will show thee how thy beauties wear, thy dial how thy precious minutes waste" Sonnet 77 ...

FA: Acorn Archimedes A310 and Acorn AKF50 Monitor #2
For Auction on eBay (Less than 20 hours to go): Acorn Archimedes A310 and Acorn AKF50 Monitor British Broadcasting Corporation Microcomputer System Processor: ARM 3 Memory: 8 MB Hard Disc: 350 MB Podules: Design IT E500 Access+ (Ethernet 10Base2) Oak SCSI Interface Watford Electronics Scanner Peripherals: 3-button mouse Original keyboard with extension cable Watford Electronics Hand Scanner Monitor: Acorn AKF50 with mains connection to A310 and 9/15 adapter. Slight superficial damage to monitor case. Used to be in daily use. Needed only fresh AA batteries (for CMOS RAM) to overcome a year of non-use. Buyer arranges collection. Payment: cash on collection <URL:http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Acorn-Archimedes-A310_W0QQitemZ8804993118QQcategoryZ4193QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem> ...

Problems posting to acorn.hardware
Hi, I've posted a few things to acorn.hardware in the last few days but I was surprised to get no follow ups from the normal helpful people who contribute regularly. Checking on google.groups it doesn't look as if any of my posts have got through - I have a local copy whicy presumably gets added by MessengerPro. Is there any problem posting to this group at the moment? -- andrew.mcmullon@tesco.net In article <92d606294d.andy@andrew.mcmullon@tesco.net>, Andy McMullon <andrew.mcmullon@tesco.net> wrote: > Hi, > I've posted a few things to acorn.hardware in the last few days but I > was surprised to get no follow ups from the normal helpful people who > contribute regularly. > Checking on google.groups it doesn't look as if any of my posts have > got through - I have a local copy whicy presumably gets added by > MessengerPro. > Is there any problem posting to this group at the moment? Three items from you since Jan 2nd. (One of those was a repeat of an earlier query about KVM kit) Those items appeared OK. Maybe the people who could answer aren't around at the moment, winter sun holiday perhaps? Gone off to work in one of the countries around the Indian Ocean. Whatever. On 6 Jan 2005 Andy McMullon <andrew.mcmullon@tesco.net> wrote: > I've posted a few things to acorn.hardware in the last few days but I > was surprised to get no follow ups from the normal helpful people who > contribute regul...

RISCOS/Acorn Eprom programmer
Hi, Does anyone know where I can get an EPROM programmer for a RISCOS 3.11 A5000? Must blow up to 256Kbit bog standard ST EPROMs. Cheers all, - Chris. In message <3fdd0a07$0$10357$fa0fcedb@lovejoy.zen.co.uk> "Chris Smith" <chris@FARPinfinitemonkeys.org.uk> wrote: > Hi, > > Does anyone know where I can get an EPROM programmer for a RISCOS 3.11 > A5000? Must blow up to 256Kbit bog standard ST EPROMs. Did you try IFEL's web site ? I think they were selling one not so long ago <http://users.argonet.co.uk/ifel> (or there abouts) -- J�r�me Mathevet On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 01:10:31 -0000, "Chris Smith" <chris@FARPinfinitemonkeys.org.uk> wrote: >Hi, > >Does anyone know where I can get an EPROM programmer for a RISCOS 3.11 >A5000? Must blow up to 256Kbit bog standard ST EPROMs. What'd you be willing to pay ? John Kortink -- Email : kortink@inter.nl.net Homepage : http://www.inter.nl.net/users/J.Kortink ViewFinder, the high performance graphics card for RISC PC's : visit http://www.windfall.nl for more details and pricing. ...

FS: All manner of Acorn Hardware
Hi all I'm loosing my room at my parents, which means my collection of Acorn stuff has to go! This includes but is not limited to some of the following; A5000, standard, old college machine A3000, with external hard drive and a 5 1/4" floppy disc (this machine i love, grew up with it but have no where to put it), also has a network card RISC PC 700, another ex college one, works, think i might have put a strong arm and PC card in it. Acorn electron, with tapes and two power supplies Star dot matrix printer for the acorn, includes at least one ink ribbon All kinds of miscellaneous hard ware for a BBC b/master including; CUB monitor, various tape decks and modems, floppy drives Pile of Acorn User magazines (about 30 of) Bigger pile of manuals, probably in the region of 20 manuals and software packs Miscellaneous boxes of software on low density floppies See the following for piccies, this is not everything, and not everything pictured is available http://s297.photobucket.com/albums/mm230/vannystick/ Would prefer for the whole lot to go in one go but don't expect it, and I would like to see token gestures of cash for them. Not able to post at the moment, located on the Wirral but can also be collected from Liverpool with sufficient warning. Needs to go in the next two weeks, so offered here, then eBay, then the tip! I'd have thought ebay would be best as there has not been that much Acorn/RISC OS stuff on there for a while, so prices should be good. Also, if ...

Acorns fall next to the tree [Acorn stuff on ebuy UK]
I usually don't surf Acorns, but I noticed some on ebuy. Acorn RiscOS 3.5 ROMs - no reserve Acorn 486 Co-processor card - no reserve Acorn Arm610 processor card - no reserve ...

Acorn Electron hardware wanted
Folks Forgive what may be an intrusion but if anyone is prepared to sell any Acorn Electron hardware in particular an (original L-shaped) Acorn Plus 3, please reply to this. Cheers On 20 Jan 2006 as I do recall, JCC wrote: > Folks > > Forgive what may be an intrusion but if anyone is prepared to sell any Acorn > Electron hardware in particular an (original L-shaped) Acorn Plus 3, please > reply to this. > These are the correct groups, but comp.sys.acorn.hardware might be even better... :-) -- Harriet Bazley == Loyaulte me lie == ...

FS: Misc Acorn hardware
i-cubed EtherLan 600: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101336155 IBM 586 (100 MHz) card: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101337088 RISC OS 3.50: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101348173 RISC OS 4.02: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101349126 Risc PC: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101360766 StrongARM card: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101361862 Texas Instruments 486-SLC (40 MHz): http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101363515 Everything in good, near perfect condition unless stated otherwise. I'm selling from Germany, but I'll deliver to UK as well. Oversea on request. Please get in touch for shipping cost in those cases. -- Stefan Bellon On 10 Jun, I wrote: > StrongARM card: > http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101361862 I announced this offer without RISC OS 3.70 ROMs because I didn't find the ones belonging to the card. In the meantime I have found them. This offer will include the RISC OS 3.70 ROM set. -- Stefan Bellon ...

FS : Books about Acorn, RiscOS, etc.
Offers please (+ carriage) Book List 6502 Machine Code for Beginners Archimedes Game Maker's Manual Basic WIMP Programming on the Acorn Dabhand Guide to Artworks How To Write Adventure Games For The BBC Micro Acorn Risc PC Welcome Guide Risc PC x86 Card User Guide RISC OS 3 Style Guide (still shrink wrapped with disc) Regards, Jonathan. -- Internet access with RISC OS 4.02 : <J.C. Conner> Cuius testiculos habes, habeas cardia et cerebellum. -- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods) ...

Chase and Chase+ games for RISCOS/Acorn
Hi everyone! Old Acorn fan here! Does anyone remember games called Chase and Chase+ for RISCOS/Acorn? They were just single file BASIC codes and I loved playing them! Does anyone have a copy they can email to me that I can run on Virtual Acorn on Windows? If not, could you maybe suggest where I might find a copy? Lots of Google searching has turned up nothing so far. Thanks a lot in advance, and Happy New Year! Peace, Alex =) ...

Standalone Acorn NC
Hi, I've recently acquired an Acorn NC (Xemplar), ex school machine. It was previously on a network and used Citrix MetaFrame to connect to Windows NT. I would like to set it up to make some form of use of it on my home network. Searching google groups I've managed to get as far as pressing the ALT keys during boot to set the IP address etc. I've also got TrueGrid NFS Server on my Windows XP machine, with an export which I've copied the universal boot sequence into (renamed !nfsboot) from acorn.riscos.com. When I type nfsboot at the * prompt, it tries to run th...

Chase and Chase+ games for RISCOS/Acorn
Hi everyone! Old Acorn fan here! Does anyone remember games called Chase and Chase+ for RISCOS/Acorn? They were just single file BASIC codes and I loved playing them! Does anyone have a copy they can email to me that I can run on Virtual Acorn on Windows? If not, could you maybe suggest where I might find a copy? Lots of Google searching has turned up nothing so far. Thanks a lot in advance, and Happy New Year! Peace, Alex =) ...

Misc Acorn/BBC Hardware/Software up for free.
Hi Guys, I have been a keen retro computing enthusiast for as long as I can remember however I have no come to a point where I can no longer store the stuff I have. I have been slowly but surely giving things away over the last few year. I still have quite a few bits which as I uncover them whilst sorting the loft/garage/cupboards etc, I am starting to list and wondered if you or people you know might be interested in any of it. So I guess comes the shameless plug as I am listing it on my 'free to a good home' site called AnyGoodToYou.com where we have specifically set up a section for Vintage / classic hardware. Hope you can help as I really don't want this stuff to end up at the local WEEE dump. Cheers Allan ...

Boot file for Acorn RISC OS 3.6
I'm trying to get a RISC PC working which had no hard disc. I have put in an old hard disc, and reformatted it, and the icon appears on the icon bar. I can open the disc window. I have called it IDEDisc4. When I boot the computer I get "Message from Desktop": Machine startup has not completed successfully: 'Disc Drive not known' I have configured "Drive 4". I need to get the computer to recognise the disc drive. How do I do that? Having done that, I need a !Boot file to run. Where can I get one from? Alan Griffin On Jun 10, 7:16=A0pm, Alan Griffin <a.....

Manual for Acorn Desktop C (repost from c.s.a.programmer)
I've got one set of manuals - well I had the discs as well, but have disposed of them - for Acorn ANSI C release 4. I'm about to dispose of the manuals as well; unless somebody has a use for them. I'm after =A310 to cover carriage and handling. If nobody replies before 1pm, i'll be disposing of them via the trash... Dave ...

For sale: games for Amstrad & Acorn BBC & Acorn Electron & Commodore 64 & Commodore Vic20 & Dragon 32 & Oric & Sinclair ZX81 & Sinclair ZX Spectrum (16k & 48k) & IBM PC (5.25" & 3.5" & CD)
I have many old games, on 5.25" & 3.5" & CD for PC and on tapes for Amstrad & Acorn BBC & Acorn Electron & Commodore 64 & Commodore Vic20 & Dragon 32 & Oric & Sinclair ZX81 & Sinclair ZX Spectrum (16k & 48k). I need to sell some of them. Would you like to buy any? I have bank accounts in the U.K.; the Republic of Ireland; Sweden; Germany; the Netherlands and Italy, so I can accept payment in a number of currencies and in a number of ways. I live at 2461 Via Tosco Romagnola, Titignano, 56023 Cascina (PI), Italy. Send me an email or a lett...

The Acorn Cybervillage
Just a quick notice that The Acorn Cybervillage is under new management! Stuart Halliday, who launched the site with Alan Wrigley in 1995, is stepping back to focus more on his other pasttimes, and I am taking the helm with the intention of making The Acorn Cybervillage the starting point for RISC OS news and views. You'll find occasional reference there to other projects with which I have an involvement, but this will always be explicitly stated in the text of the article in question. This way I can be sure you know what you're getting from the word go. If anybody has any ideas for ways in which The Acorn Cybervillage can be improved, do please let me know. many thanks, David ...

Virtual Acorn
Does any body know of a news group or some where I can get help with Virtual RPC? chris@epsaberNOSPAM.co.uk In article <bsi4gg$kdv$1$8302bc10@news.demon.co.uk>, Chris <chris@NOSPAMepsaber.co.uk> wrote: > Does any body know of a news group or some where I can get help with > Virtual RPC? > chris@epsaberNOSPAM.co.uk comps.sys.acorn.apps - if it's one of the applications or (perhaps not as clear) comp.sys.acorn.hardware - if it's the hardware comp.sys.acorn.extra-cpu or Comp.sys.acorn.misc - if it's the interface comp.sys.acorn.misc - if it's questions...

Acorn is crap!
They are dead now and that�s the proof that they are as crappy as ATARI and Commodore ! In message <6434f4fa.0309271436.483c56f6@posting.google.com> pellus_torr@yahoo.com (Peter Mollror) wrote: > They are dead now and that�s the proof that they are as crappy as > ATARI and Commodore ! I take it you mean the company and not the computer product? Shouldn't this be on comp.sys.acorn.advocacy ? -- Jess icq: 91353267 msn: phantasm_39@hotmail.com http://www.kentwebnet.com Hotmail is my spam trap - don't use for email mailto:nospam@itworkshop.uklinux.net RISC OS 4.37 kinetic 64+128+2M Castle Storm DMA + 17GB 586-133 I-3 ADSL -----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =----- http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! -----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =----- Peter Mollror wrote: > They are dead now and that�s the proof that they are as crappy as > ATARI and Commodore ! oohhhh what an intelligent troll im sure we're all gonna bite on this one... oops i just did ;) -- nOmArch nomarch@nospam.lineone.ten ^^ ^ Remove net Surely the reason why Acorn is now dead, is because of poor marketing strategy and expensive products. Or is that too intelligent for you. "Peter Mollror" <pellus_torr@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:6434f4fa.0309271436.483c56f6@posting.google.com... >...

Web resources about - Acorn NCs Booting Into A RiscOS Desktop - comp.sys.acorn.hardware

Booting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
function from the console, and ends when the computer is ready to perform its normal operations. On modern general purpose computers, this can ...

Booting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In computing , booting (or booting up ) is the initialization of a computerized system . The system can be a computer or a computer appliance ...

Booting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In computing , booting (or booting up ) is the initialization of a computerized system . The system can be a computer or a computer appliance ...

Booting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In computing , booting (or booting up ) is the initialization of a computerized system . The system can be a computer or a computer appliance ...

Murdoch's man regrets but cops a booting anyway
Ken Cowley's frank views preceded a hasty retreat.

Neverware turns your old PC or Mac into a Chromebook, adds dual-booting
Neverware makes Chromium OS, the open-source version of Chrome OS, easy to install on any PC or Mac. Unsurprisingly, it has gained traction with ...

T-Mobile to clamp down on network abusers, booting them down to lowest Simple Choice plan
... more breaking coverage of iOS Devices , iPhone , and Smartphone . What do you think? Discuss "T-Mobile to clamp down on network abusers, booting ...

Atlanta vehicle booting tactics inspire outrage
For Atlanta attorney Stanley Lefco, the decision to park in a spot marked for visitors at Varasano's Pizzeria the night before a 10k race cost ...

Samsung ATIV Q dual-booting Android/Windows 8 convertible tablet canceled?
/ Samsung’s first dual-booting Android/Windows 8 laptop/tablet combo that was unveiled in June during a special London-based event may already ...

Honeycomb booting on the Nook Color!
The turn-around time between source releases and dev community releases seems to be shrinking more and more these days. Just two days after Google ...