Acorn Pocket Book

I have an original acorn pocket book, still in good working order.  I
no longer have my Risc PC having had it stolen.  Does anyone have, or
know where I can get the "soap-box" adapter and software to enable me
to connect my pocket book to my laptop PC?

Cheers

Tony

FS: Misc Acorn (and non-Acorn) hardware
Like Peter Naulls yesterday, I'm trying to get rid of my remaining Risc PC and the related hardware. I've put them on eBay. The Acorn-specific items are: Acorn Risc PC StrongARM 233 MHz + Power-tec SCSI http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202188067 i-cubed EtherLan600 for Acorn Risc PC/A7000 http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202186713 Acorn Risc PC power supply, backplane and screws http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202185817 RISC OS Select http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202184767 STD PS2Mouse for Acorn Risc PC http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202183392 Acorn MEU + Plextor PlexWriter RW 4220 internal SCSI http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202182624 Graphic tablet PaintPal Deluxe http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202181086 The rest is not Acorn-specific but was connected to either a Risc PC or a Iyonix and therefore may be of interest here as well: Mitsumi FA402M 3.5" Floppy and 7in1 Media Drive http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202179719 Sony 3.5" Floppy MPF 920 http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202177159 ELSA MicroLink ISDN 4U Router/Hub http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5777800061 Iomega ZIP 100 Drive external SCSI http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202173954 HP ScanJet 3c SCSI http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...

acorn pocket book #2
i need to find the pin out of the serial port on an "acorn pocket book". I have done a quick search on the Net with no luck. Will apprecaite any help. Robert On 22-Jun-2004, "robert" <robertg@ansonic.com.au> wrote: > i need to find the pin out of the serial port on an "acorn pocket book". I > have done a quick search on the Net with no luck. Will apprecaite any > help. Since the Acorn Pocketbook is a rebadged Psion 3, try searching for Psion 3 instead. A quick google through up this which might help you: www.gadec.com/psisync/cables.htm Chris -- How does a project get to be a year late? .... One day at a time. ...

FS: Acorn pocket book (Psion) A-Link
This is a RS232 serial interface for a Psion, found in the back of my office. Acorn number is AHA30. Is this of any interest to anyone before I junk it? (P&P would be about UKP2). -- Best Regards Eddie Contact address eddielord @ onetel.net.uk In message <417959c74c.eddie@eddie.brookhaven.plus.com> you wrote: >This is a RS232 serial interface for a Psion, found in the back of my >office. Acorn number is AHA30. Is this of any interest to anyone before >I junk it? (P&P would be about UKP2). > Yes I'm interested, it may be useful to use with my Psion workabout. Steve. In message <ceca60c74c.Steve@btinternet.com> Stephen <Steve@127.0.0.1> wrote: > In message <417959c74c.eddie@eddie.brookhaven.plus.com> you wrote: > > >This is a RS232 serial interface for a Psion, found in the back of my > >office. Acorn number is AHA30. Is this of any interest to anyone before > >I junk it? (P&P would be about UKP2). > > > > Yes I'm interested, it may be useful to use with my Psion workabout. And if this is suitable for the Pocketbook II, and if anyone else has one, I'd be interested too. Dave In article <1792d4c74c.davehigton@dsl.pipex.com>, Dave Higton <davehigton@dsl.pipex.com> wrote: > In message <ceca60c74c.Steve@btinternet.com> > Stephen <Steve@127.0.0.1> wrote: > > In message <417959c74c.eddie@eddie.brookhaven.plus.com...

Acorn Books
Hi, I've got some Acorn manuals that I want shut of. Spiral bound user manuals and a couple of welcome guides for Acorn and a couple of older manuals for the Arc. If anyone's interested let me know and I'll list them on eBay. Regards Mark ...

Acorn Publisher / Acorn User / Qercus
By now some people should have received their copy of Qercus - ie issue 268 of Acorn User or vol 10 issue 1 of Acorn Publisher. The additional printing numbers and distribution is new to us so we're not sure how long it will take to get to all subscribers or to be available in the shops. Some bulk mailings to overseas customers may not go until next week. Our experience so far with the database we inherited from Tau Press is that some customers will receive duplicate copies of the magazine whilst others will not receive one at all. We have been working hard to put right as many errors as we could identify but we know there are still some problems remaining. If you receive an extra issue will you please let us know and tell us which reference numbers are on the two (three/four!) labels so that we can put it right for next time. Please don't return any copies - donate duplicates to a friend, library, dentist/doctor's waiting room &c If you don't receive your copy (UK) then please do not let us know until the middle of next week; we have arranged to do *another* sweep of the database after the SW Show and may have sorted out outstanding problems by the time you call. Whilst far-flung Acorn User subscribers should receive their copies faster than before they should give it an extra week at least before reporting non-receipt. For this occasion reminders have been sent separately from the magazine and should have already been received by UK subscribers who n...

Qercus (Acorn User / Acorn Publisher) binders
The new Qercus binders will be available within 2 weeks and we're taking orders now. They are available in dark blue with the Qercus logo in gold on the spine. The binders will match previous Acorn Publisher binders but will hold 14 copies of the magazine so Qercus readers will have a spare string for notes and indexes whilst Acorn Publisher readers will have room for two years' issues including two annual special issues of Qercus. Qercus is well-worth collecting so order your binder today. Binders will cost 8.95 each inc UK postage and may (just) be available at Wakefield. Until the end of May new subscribers starting their subscription with issue 268, and ordering a binder at the same time, will receive their first issue free. ie UK subscription + binder = 49.95 + 8.95 = 58.90 for year's subscription from issue 269 with issue 268 free. Orders should be sent to "Finnybank Ltd" 30 Finnybank Road Sale M33 6LR or by phone to 0161 969 9820. Cheques or cards can be accepted. Binders and magazines will be despatched together as soon as the binders are available. -- John Cartmell editor Qercus - editor@qercus.com www.qercus.com Qercus: a fusion of Acorn Publisher & Acorn User magazines one magazine for graphics & design - one magazine for all RISC OS users Finnybank Ltd 30 Finnybank Rd Sale M33 6LR == 0161 969 9820 _______________________________________________________________ a.m.conroy@argonet.co.uk, Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.anno...

Acorn NC or Acorn NetStation, looking for one.
I am looking for an Acorn NC with ethernet interface! If someone has one, please let me know, and a reasonable price. Complete, with the remote and etc! Thanks! Leonardo leonardo@editek.com In message <1192995978.255456.168910@y27g2000pre.googlegroups.com> leonardo.cohen@gmail.com wrote: > I am looking for an Acorn NC with ethernet interface! If someone has > one, please let me know, and a reasonable price. Complete, with the > remote and etc! I shall be eBaying an NC with ethernet, but no remote, fairly shortly, possibly in the next few weeks. Alan -- RISC OS - you know it makes cents ...

FA: Acorn Archimedes A310 and Acorn AKF50 Monitor
For Auction on eBay: Acorn Archimedes A310 and Acorn AKF50 Monitor British Broadcasting Corporation Microcomputer System Processor: ARM 3 Memory: 8 MB Hard Disc: 350 MB Podules: Design IT E500 Access+ (Ethernet 10Base2) Oak SCSI Interface Watford Electronics Scanner Peripherals: 3-button mouse Original keyboard with extension cable Watford Electronics Hand Scanner Monitor: Acorn AKF50 with mains connection to A310 and 9/15 adapter. Slight superficial damage to monitor case. Used to be in daily use. Needed only fresh AA batteries (for CMOS RAM) to overcome a year of non-use. Buyer arranges collection. Payment: cash on collection <URL:http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Acorn-Archimedes-A310_W0QQitemZ8804993118QQcategoryZ4193QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem> -- * Sick of BT? Leave them and reduce your phone bill by up to half. * Want a spam-proof Usenet address? Visit www.invalid.org.uk or email me: postmaster at invalid dot org dot uk * (tim@invalid.org.uk is deleted - please use my valid address above) .... "Thy glass will show thee how thy beauties wear, thy dial how thy precious minutes waste" Sonnet 77 ...

FS: Pocket Books, Pocket Book II, and extras
I have two Acorn Pocket Books, one working, the other not working but appears to be able to power on when the screen is half-closed (so I'd imagine would be fixable). I also have an Acorn Pocket Book II, fully functional. I have a link cable to connect these machines to either a RISC OS-based machine or a PC, and a ROM card with the 'Spell' programme on it. Any offers, reply to this post or email me. I'm in Dorset and am willing to post them to anywhere in the UK. Thanks, Lawrence Matthews ...

FS: 2 Pocket Books, Pocket Book II
I have two Acorn Pocket Books (one working, the other not) and one Pocket Book II (fully working), which I would like to go to a good home. I also have the link cable, which will connect to a RISC OS or Windows machine via the serial port. I also have a ROM card with the 'Spell' program which works fine. I'm in Dorset, UK, and will happily post them to anywhere in the UK. Any offers, please reply to this post or e-mail me. Thanks, Lawrence Lawrence Matthews wrote: > I have two Acorn Pocket Books (one working, the other not) and one > Pocket Book II (fully working), which I would like to go to a good home. > I also have the link cable, which will connect to a RISC OS or Windows > machine via the serial port. I also have a ROM card with the 'Spell' > program which works fine. > > I'm in Dorset, UK, and will happily post them to anywhere in the UK. Any > offers, please reply to this post or e-mail me. > > Thanks, > Lawrence The Pocket Book II and the link cable have both now been sold, so I have the two Pocket Books (one working, the other not) and the Spell ROM still available. Lawrence On Wed, 25 May 2005 23:49:39 +0100, Lawrence Matthews wrote: > Lawrence Matthews wrote: >> I have two Acorn Pocket Books (one working, the other not) and one >> Pocket Book II (fully working), which I would like to go to a good home. >> I also have the link cable, which will connect to a RISC OS ...

Acorn Electron hardware wanted
Folks Forgive what may be an intrusion but if anyone is prepared to sell any Acorn Electron hardware in particular an (original L-shaped) Acorn Plus 3, please reply to this. Cheers On 20 Jan 2006 as I do recall, JCC wrote: > Folks > > Forgive what may be an intrusion but if anyone is prepared to sell any Acorn > Electron hardware in particular an (original L-shaped) Acorn Plus 3, please > reply to this. > These are the correct groups, but comp.sys.acorn.hardware might be even better... :-) -- Harriet Bazley == Loyaulte me lie == ...

Acorns fall next to the tree [Acorn stuff on ebuy UK]
I usually don't surf Acorns, but I noticed some on ebuy. Acorn RiscOS 3.5 ROMs - no reserve Acorn 486 Co-processor card - no reserve Acorn Arm610 processor card - no reserve ...

FA: Acorn Archimedes A310 and Acorn AKF50 Monitor #2
For Auction on eBay (Less than 20 hours to go): Acorn Archimedes A310 and Acorn AKF50 Monitor British Broadcasting Corporation Microcomputer System Processor: ARM 3 Memory: 8 MB Hard Disc: 350 MB Podules: Design IT E500 Access+ (Ethernet 10Base2) Oak SCSI Interface Watford Electronics Scanner Peripherals: 3-button mouse Original keyboard with extension cable Watford Electronics Hand Scanner Monitor: Acorn AKF50 with mains connection to A310 and 9/15 adapter. Slight superficial damage to monitor case. Used to be in daily use. Needed only fresh AA batteries (for CMOS RAM) to overcome a year of non-use. Buyer arranges collection. Payment: cash on collection <URL:http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Acorn-Archimedes-A310_W0QQitemZ8804993118QQcategoryZ4193QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem> ...

FS: Misc Acorn hardware
i-cubed EtherLan 600: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101336155 IBM 586 (100 MHz) card: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101337088 RISC OS 3.50: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101348173 RISC OS 4.02: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101349126 Risc PC: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101360766 StrongARM card: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101361862 Texas Instruments 486-SLC (40 MHz): http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101363515 Everything in good, near perfect condition unless stated otherwise. I'm selling from Germany, but I'll deliver to UK as well. Oversea on request. Please get in touch for shipping cost in those cases. -- Stefan Bellon On 10 Jun, I wrote: > StrongARM card: > http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101361862 I announced this offer without RISC OS 3.70 ROMs because I didn't find the ones belonging to the card. In the meantime I have found them. This offer will include the RISC OS 3.70 ROM set. -- Stefan Bellon ...

FS: All manner of Acorn Hardware
Hi all I'm loosing my room at my parents, which means my collection of Acorn stuff has to go! This includes but is not limited to some of the following; A5000, standard, old college machine A3000, with external hard drive and a 5 1/4" floppy disc (this machine i love, grew up with it but have no where to put it), also has a network card RISC PC 700, another ex college one, works, think i might have put a strong arm and PC card in it. Acorn electron, with tapes and two power supplies Star dot matrix printer for the acorn, includes at least one ink ribbon All kinds of miscellaneous hard ware for a BBC b/master including; CUB monitor, various tape decks and modems, floppy drives Pile of Acorn User magazines (about 30 of) Bigger pile of manuals, probably in the region of 20 manuals and software packs Miscellaneous boxes of software on low density floppies See the following for piccies, this is not everything, and not everything pictured is available http://s297.photobucket.com/albums/mm230/vannystick/ Would prefer for the whole lot to go in one go but don't expect it, and I would like to see token gestures of cash for them. Not able to post at the moment, located on the Wirral but can also be collected from Liverpool with sufficient warning. Needs to go in the next two weeks, so offered here, then eBay, then the tip! I'd have thought ebay would be best as there has not been that much Acorn/RISC OS stuff on there for a while, so prices should be good. Also, if ...

Problems posting to acorn.hardware
Hi, I've posted a few things to acorn.hardware in the last few days but I was surprised to get no follow ups from the normal helpful people who contribute regularly. Checking on google.groups it doesn't look as if any of my posts have got through - I have a local copy whicy presumably gets added by MessengerPro. Is there any problem posting to this group at the moment? -- andrew.mcmullon@tesco.net In article <92d606294d.andy@andrew.mcmullon@tesco.net>, Andy McMullon <andrew.mcmullon@tesco.net> wrote: > Hi, > I've posted a few things to acorn.hardware in the last few days but I > was surprised to get no follow ups from the normal helpful people who > contribute regularly. > Checking on google.groups it doesn't look as if any of my posts have > got through - I have a local copy whicy presumably gets added by > MessengerPro. > Is there any problem posting to this group at the moment? Three items from you since Jan 2nd. (One of those was a repeat of an earlier query about KVM kit) Those items appeared OK. Maybe the people who could answer aren't around at the moment, winter sun holiday perhaps? Gone off to work in one of the countries around the Indian Ocean. Whatever. On 6 Jan 2005 Andy McMullon <andrew.mcmullon@tesco.net> wrote: > I've posted a few things to acorn.hardware in the last few days but I > was surprised to get no follow ups from the normal helpful people who > contribute regul...

FS : Books about Acorn, RiscOS, etc.
Offers please (+ carriage) Book List 6502 Machine Code for Beginners Archimedes Game Maker's Manual Basic WIMP Programming on the Acorn Dabhand Guide to Artworks How To Write Adventure Games For The BBC Micro Acorn Risc PC Welcome Guide Risc PC x86 Card User Guide RISC OS 3 Style Guide (still shrink wrapped with disc) Regards, Jonathan. -- Internet access with RISC OS 4.02 : <J.C. Conner> Cuius testiculos habes, habeas cardia et cerebellum. -- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods) ...

Books, Books, Books...
On-Line C/C++ Books http://chameleon.voxnet.gr/Books/index.php?key=cplusplus The most good books for me are "The C++ Programming Language" & "Thinking in C++" "Paul Gessos, a.k.a Chameleon" <cham_gss@hotmail.com> wrote: > On-Line C/C++ Books > > http://chameleon.voxnet.gr/Books/index.php?key=cplusplus Dear Paul, I temporarily disabled my news filters and found that you are posting anti-semitic crap again (see http://tinyurl.com/6tm3g, http://tinyurl.com/5bk26). Take your bullshit elsewhere. Jonathan Jonathan Turkanis schrie...

Misc Acorn/BBC Hardware/Software up for free.
Hi Guys, I have been a keen retro computing enthusiast for as long as I can remember however I have no come to a point where I can no longer store the stuff I have. I have been slowly but surely giving things away over the last few year. I still have quite a few bits which as I uncover them whilst sorting the loft/garage/cupboards etc, I am starting to list and wondered if you or people you know might be interested in any of it. So I guess comes the shameless plug as I am listing it on my 'free to a good home' site called AnyGoodToYou.com where we have specifically set up a section for Vintage / classic hardware. Hope you can help as I really don't want this stuff to end up at the local WEEE dump. Cheers Allan ...

A potted history of Acorn Computers
A potted history of Acorn will be a 132 page perfect-bound, full-colour, bo= ok. It will cover the history of Acorn, from its beginnings through to its demi= se; the key products over that time; the companies that supported the Acorn= computers and the magazines that were within the market. Companies, coders and contributors will be interviewed about there time wit= hin the Acorn market; and the end product will be something to admire. I've set this up on Indiegogo. The aim is simple - if a hundred books can g= et sold, the book will be produced. It's =A35 as a digita...

Books, books, books!!!
I'm cleaning out my bookshelves and I have tons of Unix/Linux books to give away. (Also, networking, programming languages, internet stuff, etc.) If you live near Columbus, NJ (just south of Trenton), contact me ASAP to set a date for pick up. On Sunday night, they go into the recycling bin. Cy Burnot has written on 7/28/2011 8:27 PM: > I'm cleaning out my bookshelves and I have tons of Unix/Linux books to > give away. (Also, networking, programming languages, internet stuff, etc.) > > If you live near Columbus, NJ (just south of Trenton), contact me ASAP &g...

For sale: games for Amstrad & Acorn BBC & Acorn Electron & Commodore 64 & Commodore Vic20 & Dragon 32 & Oric & Sinclair ZX81 & Sinclair ZX Spectrum (16k & 48k) & IBM PC (5.25" & 3.5" & CD)
I have many old games, on 5.25" & 3.5" & CD for PC and on tapes for Amstrad & Acorn BBC & Acorn Electron & Commodore 64 & Commodore Vic20 & Dragon 32 & Oric & Sinclair ZX81 & Sinclair ZX Spectrum (16k & 48k). I need to sell some of them. Would you like to buy any? I have bank accounts in the U.K.; the Republic of Ireland; Sweden; Germany; the Netherlands and Italy, so I can accept payment in a number of currencies and in a number of ways. I live at 2461 Via Tosco Romagnola, Titignano, 56023 Cascina (PI), Italy. Send me an email or a lett...

acorn = a corn ?

Classic Acorn
Hi All, check out my new look Classic Acorn Website. http://www.classicacorn.freeuk.com For Everything 8 & 32bit. Stripdowns, Repairs, Spares, or just advice. Fast growing and tons more to be added soon. Regards, Rich. _______________________________________________________________ a.m.conroy@argonet.co.uk, Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce. Submissions to csaa@owlart.net Related mail to csaa-request@owlart.net ...

Web resources about - Acorn Pocket Book - comp.sys.acorn.hardware

Pocket - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A pocket is a bag - or envelope -like receptacle either fastened to or inserted in an article of clothing to hold small items. Pockets may also ...

Dividends about to fill investor pockets
... but about $19 billion in dividends is about to begin flowing. Lilly Vitorovich About $19 billion is about to begin flowing into the pockets ...

Jesse Hogan’s wayward kicking could hurt his hip pocket, says David Schwarz - HeraldSun Search Search ...
... defender Tom McDonald says Jesse Hogan simply had an off day with his kicking, which Demons great David Schwarz warns could hurt his hip pocket. ...

E-cigarette explodes inside man's pocket
Video shows sparks and flames erupt from a Kentucky man's trousers after his e-cigarette battery explodes.

NRL clubs that neglect player welfare are being hit in the hip-pocket
The NRL has a 'reverse Robin Hood' rule where they take money from poor clubs and give it to rich clubs.

Price Drop: Pocket Sheep
Pocket Sheep 1.8.0 Device: iOS Universal Category: Games Price: Free, Version: 1.8.0 ( iTunes ) Description: They are tiny. They are cute. ...

Carfection looks for the ultimate pocket rocket
Filed under: Videos , Ford , MINI , Renault , Hatchback , Performance The aging Ford Fiesta ST takes on the latest Renault Clio RS 220 Trophy ...

GPD Win is a pocket-sized Windows 10 laptop
Lugging around a full-size laptop so you can do a spot of work from anywhere can be a pain. Even using a Windows 10 slate, like the Surface Pro ...

Congressmen Have No Idea Why Special Operators Have To Pay Out Of Pocket For Basic Gear
... Jonah Bennett For reasons still unclear, elite special operators are often let down by their respective services and have to pay out of pocket ...

A premium iPad case company just launched a VR headset that fits in your pocket
Anyone with a modern phone can run Google Cardboard, a platform of apps that can turn your phone into a virtual reality headset. The only hardware ...