Acorn User

I realise this is neither hardware nor software, but it will surely
reach the right people!

I have had a standing order at my newsagents for Acorn User for longer
than I care to remember and I'm wondering if other regular readers are
having the same experience.

The last few issues have been very late arriving.  The September
issue arrived mid-September, with an October sticker on the front!
Inside it states "Next issue on sale 25th Sep 03". I keep enquiring
and it still hasn't arrived.  Today my newsagent phoned his
supplier and was told there was "a problem at the printers" (or
publishers - I'm not sure).

I have e-mailed Acorn User twice.  The first one bounced, the second
has not bounced but there has been no response.

Are other readers having the same problem?

--
Hedley Hunnisett of Wigston Magna, Leicestershire.
Using British RISC technology with StrongARM power!

In article <031013195501@arcade.demon.co.uk>,
   Hedley Hunnisett <hedleyh@arcade.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> I realise this is neither hardware nor software, but it will surely
> reach the right people!

That may have been more likely on c.s.a.misc

--

  To avoid receiving spam, mailto: 1@invalid.org.uk will not work.
      To contact me and/or obtain your own spam-proof address:

.... "The course of true love never did run smooth" Mid N Dr, Act i, Sc.1
0
Tim
10/13/2003 10:55:29 PM
In article <031013195501@arcade.demon.co.uk>, hedleyh@arcade.demon.co.uk
(Hedley Hunnisett) wrote:

>I realise this is neither hardware nor software, but it will surely
>reach the right people!
>
>I have had a standing order at my newsagents for Acorn User for longer
>than I care to remember and I'm wondering if other regular readers are
>having the same experience.
>
>The last few issues have been very late arriving.  The September
>issue arrived mid-September, with an October sticker on the front!
>Inside it states "Next issue on sale 25th Sep 03". I keep enquiring
>and it still hasn't arrived.  Today my newsagent phoned his
>supplier and was told there was "a problem at the printers" (or
>publishers - I'm not sure).
>
>I have e-mailed Acorn User twice.  The first one bounced, the second
>has not bounced but there has been no response.
>
>Are other readers having the same problem?

 Something seems a bit bizarre to say the least. I still can't work out
whether I've actually missed an issue or not. The subscriptions page just
inside the back cover seemed to have listed the wrong issue number next to
the cover picture an issue or two back. Now I notice that the latest doesn't
even have an issue number or month printed on the front. I had no sticker on
it. Perhaps they don't produce them to any rigid timescale any more.

--
|-*- Ian Bannister

0
bannisteri (54)
10/14/2003 7:09:06 AM
(Hedley Hunnisett) wrote:

> I have e-mailed Acorn User twice.  The first one bounced, the second
> has not bounced but there has been no response.

Not much help here except don't read too much into the email problem.

They, like many others may have been drowning under vast numbers of spam
email - to the point where some users with my ISP had hundreds a day -
ie. up to 10Mbs or more per day filling up their mailboxes

Regards, Dave C.

--
 __  __  __  __      __ ___ _____________________________________________
|__||__)/ __/  \|\ ||_   | /StrongArm RiscPc (RISCOS4) saving for Iyonix
|  ||  \\__/\__/| \||__  |/RINGS:- RISC OS, SF Review & Classical Music
free wallpaper backdrops & photos  http://www.argonet.co.uk/users/dac/

0
dac1 (10)
10/14/2003 7:48:11 PM
In article <na.0af8634c40.a70620bannisteri@argonet.co.uk>
Ian Bannister wrote:

> Something seems a bit bizarre to say the least. I still can't work
> out whether I've actually missed an issue or not.

Check what is shown at the top of page 5.  It's probably the September
issue in which case, lower down it will say: "Next issue on sale: 25th
Sep 03".  This is the one I've been chasing.

> The subscriptions page just inside the back cover seemed to have
> listed the wrong issue number next to the cover picture an issue or
> two back.

Seems ok in the September issue.  Just checked the August issue - yes
it has the August picture shown for July!

> Now I notice that the latest doesn't even have an issue number or
> month printed on the front.

Does sound like the September issue, No. 263.  I had noticed there was
no date or issue number under the sticker on the front cover of my copy.
I had assumed it was just a mistake, hence the sticker.  They seem to
have no proof reader at the moment, or an innumerate one - some recent
issues have included many mistakes in the page numbers quoted in the
contents index at the front of the magazine.

Also they seem to leave in lots of very out-of-date free ads.
I phoned up in response to one several months ago, only to be told:
"Is that still in?  I asked them last month to remove it!"  Needless
to say, it's *still* there, several months later!

--
Hedley Hunnisett of Wigston Magna, Leicestershire.
Using British RISC technology with StrongARM power!
0
hedleyh (352)
10/16/2003 8:30:13 PM
In message <031013195501@arcade.demon.co.uk>
          hedleyh@arcade.demon.co.uk (Hedley Hunnisett) wrote:

[snip]

> I have had a standing order at my newsagents for Acorn User for longer
> than I care to remember and I'm wondering if other regular readers are
> having the same experience.
>
> The last few issues have been very late arriving.  The September
> issue arrived mid-September, with an October sticker on the front!
> Inside it states "Next issue on sale 25th Sep 03". I keep enquiring
> and it still hasn't arrived.

[snip]

My October issue (Number 264) arrived this morning.

Page 5 reads, 'Next edition on sale 30th October 03'.

We will have to wait and see when it rolls off the presses, no
doubt delayed for a report on tomorrows SE Show at Guildford.

Hoping we all have an exciting day.

--
Peter Campbell-Banks
Ramsgate
(Hedley Hunnisett) wrote:

>Check what is shown at the top of page 5.  It's probably the September
>issue in which case, lower down it will say: "Next issue on sale: 25th
>Sep 03".  This is the one I've been chasing.

 It is! Now the next issue has just arrived and the front cover issue and
month have re-appeared.

<snip>

>Also they seem to leave in lots of very out-of-date free ads.
>I phoned up in response to one several months ago, only to be told:
>"Is that still in?  I asked them last month to remove it!"  Needless
>to say, it's *still* there, several months later!

 Adverts, that's another issue. The article/advert ratio is too low for the
price IMO. If you check how many items/adverts have some mention of RISC OS
related software/hardware it's even poorer.

--
|-*- Ian Bannister

0
bannisteri (54)

Acorn Publisher / Acorn User / Qercus
By now some people should have received their copy of Qercus - ie issue 268 of Acorn User or vol 10 issue 1 of Acorn Publisher. The additional printing numbers and distribution is new to us so we're not sure how long it will take to get to all subscribers or to be available in the shops. Some bulk mailings to overseas customers may not go until next week. Our experience so far with the database we inherited from Tau Press is that some customers will receive duplicate copies of the magazine whilst others will not receive one at all. We have been working hard to put right as many errors as we could identify but we know there are still some problems remaining. If you receive an extra issue will you please let us know and tell us which reference numbers are on the two (three/four!) labels so that we can put it right for next time. Please don't return any copies - donate duplicates to a friend, library, dentist/doctor's waiting room &c If you don't receive your copy (UK) then please do not let us know until the middle of next week; we have arranged to do *another* sweep of the database after the SW Show and may have sorted out outstanding problems by the time you call. Whilst far-flung Acorn User subscribers should receive their copies faster than before they should give it an extra week at least before reporting non-receipt. For this occasion reminders have been sent separately from the magazine and should have already been received by UK subscribers who n...

Qercus (Acorn User / Acorn Publisher) binders
The new Qercus binders will be available within 2 weeks and we're taking orders now. They are available in dark blue with the Qercus logo in gold on the spine. The binders will match previous Acorn Publisher binders but will hold 14 copies of the magazine so Qercus readers will have a spare string for notes and indexes whilst Acorn Publisher readers will have room for two years' issues including two annual special issues of Qercus. Qercus is well-worth collecting so order your binder today. Binders will cost 8.95 each inc UK postage and may (just) be available at Wakefield. Until the end of May new subscribers starting their subscription with issue 268, and ordering a binder at the same time, will receive their first issue free. ie UK subscription + binder = 49.95 + 8.95 = 58.90 for year's subscription from issue 269 with issue 268 free. Orders should be sent to "Finnybank Ltd" 30 Finnybank Road Sale M33 6LR or by phone to 0161 969 9820. Cheques or cards can be accepted. Binders and magazines will be despatched together as soon as the binders are available. -- John Cartmell editor Qercus - editor@qercus.com www.qercus.com Qercus: a fusion of Acorn Publisher & Acorn User magazines one magazine for graphics & design - one magazine for all RISC OS users Finnybank Ltd 30 Finnybank Rd Sale M33 6LR == 0161 969 9820 _______________________________________________________________ a.m.conroy@argonet.co.uk, Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.anno...

FS: Misc Acorn (and non-Acorn) hardware
Like Peter Naulls yesterday, I'm trying to get rid of my remaining Risc PC and the related hardware. I've put them on eBay. The Acorn-specific items are: Acorn Risc PC StrongARM 233 MHz + Power-tec SCSI http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202188067 i-cubed EtherLan600 for Acorn Risc PC/A7000 http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202186713 Acorn Risc PC power supply, backplane and screws http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202185817 RISC OS Select http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202184767 STD PS2Mouse for Acorn Risc PC http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202183392 Acorn MEU + Plextor PlexWriter RW 4220 internal SCSI http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202182624 Graphic tablet PaintPal Deluxe http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202181086 The rest is not Acorn-specific but was connected to either a Risc PC or a Iyonix and therefore may be of interest here as well: Mitsumi FA402M 3.5" Floppy and 7in1 Media Drive http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202179719 Sony 3.5" Floppy MPF 920 http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202177159 ELSA MicroLink ISDN 4U Router/Hub http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5777800061 Iomega ZIP 100 Drive external SCSI http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202173954 HP ScanJet 3c SCSI http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...

Acorn NC or Acorn NetStation, looking for one.
I am looking for an Acorn NC with ethernet interface! If someone has one, please let me know, and a reasonable price. Complete, with the remote and etc! Thanks! Leonardo leonardo@editek.com In message <1192995978.255456.168910@y27g2000pre.googlegroups.com> leonardo.cohen@gmail.com wrote: > I am looking for an Acorn NC with ethernet interface! If someone has > one, please let me know, and a reasonable price. Complete, with the > remote and etc! I shall be eBaying an NC with ethernet, but no remote, fairly shortly, possibly in the next few weeks. Alan -- RISC OS - you know it makes cents ...

Acorn User #2
Finnybank Ltd and Tau Press today announced the sale of Acorn User magazine. Tau Press have been responsible for publishing Acorn User for the last five years, mainly under the editorship of Steve Turnbull. The magazine now passes into the hands of Finnybank Ltd who currently produce Acorn Publisher magazine. Steve Turnbull from Tau Press commented "I am very happy that John has agreed to take over the publication of Acorn User. With Tau Press moving into new areas we won.t be able to devote all our energies to it and a change in publisher always generates new ideas and new viewpoints. You can be sure that I will continue to use my own RISC OS machines and I think we are all in for some interesting times." John Cartmell, editor of Acorn Publisher magazine, confirmed that it was Finnybank's intention to continue to produce Acorn User as a monthly magazine available from newsagents or by subscription. There would be changes to the magazine but the best of the current contents would be retained and Steve Turnbull has been invited to continue to write for the new magazine. Readers can also expect to see new contributors and articles, with favourites returning from some years ago. John commented, "Subscribers to Acorn Publisher may be pleased to hear that there will be little change to the content of that magazine as a consequence of our new purchase. As a result of our new acquisition we will be able to offer a unique magazine format. Readers of both magazi...

Some Acorn user discs
Hello, I have a stack of Acorn User discs sitting in my room (about 75) which need shifting. Out of curiosity, are they worth anything to anyone out there? I haven't decided what to do with them yet, but if no one in my immediate circle can find a use for them, perhaps someone else might offer something for them. W.Simpson In article <JMjXc.415$Ch2.349@newsfe2-gui.ntli.net>, W.Simpson <simpsons.dot.box@ntlworld.dot.com> wrote: > Hello, > I have a stack of Acorn User discs sitting in my room (about 75) which > need shifting. Out of curiosity, are they worth an...

Acorn User archive
The first phase of the Acorn User archive project is now complete. The Acorn User web-site at www.acornuser.com now has a complete listing of all issues of Acorn User together with the front cover and a contents listing. The project is being done by John Peachey and his team - and they have completed this first phase months earlier than expected. Many thanks to them. Over the next few weeks we will start to add links to selections of the articles themselves. The original electronic versions of the articles no longer exist so only a very small selection of articles can be reproduced from the paper sources and we will be republishing some in an updated and re-edited form whilst others may be reproduced as images of the original page. This phase of the project will take very much longer and will be an ongoing task - but to start it we are looking to you to say which of the articles and series from Acorn User you would like to see re-emerge. To start with we have identified: histories of Acorn; reviews of significant items of hardware & software; general tutorials; programming using BBC BASIC, Assembler, C, &c. If you would like to see any articles from Acorn User being made available on the web then please tell us which you would like to see - either in its original form or updated; it will take a great deal of work to reproduce the articles so we want to ensure that we include what many of you want. Please browse through the contents ...

Acorn User / Qercus
csa announce We have made an announcement of issue 269 of Qercus / Acorn User but it has not yet appeared here. In short it should be with you this week. We're also trying to make sense of the records we received from Tau Press and it's clear that a good number of subscribers have not received their copies of Acorn User / Qercus from us because they were not included in the database that we received from Tau Press. Working our way through the paper records is a slow job so if you - or anyone you know - should be getting the magazine by subscription then please check that you have at ...

Acorn User / Qercus
Finnybank Ltd earlier announced that it has purchased Acorn User magazine from Tau Press and promised more details of the format of the new magazine. Finnybank now own both Acorn Publisher and Acorn User magazine and whilst it might be tempting to simply merge the two publications there are subscribers to Acorn Publisher who may not be interested in taking a general RISC OS magazine. Acorn Publisher will consequently continue as it is at present and will be produced every two months as in the past using the same team of contributors as before. UK Subscription rates will remain unchanged but there will be a very slight increase in the Europe and World rates to help pay for the postage of the additional issue of the magazine that will be sent to all subscribers. New and repeat subscriptions to Acorn Publisher should be sent, as before, to: Finnybank Ltd, 30 Finnybank Rd, Sale M33 6LR. Our feedback indicates that Acorn User readers would welcome a change in format and our proposals are radical. Whilst some aspects of the magazine will be kept we intend to bring back favourites from the past together with brand new ideas. Our experience of producing Acorn Publisher has allowed us to note that, whilst series of articles are appreciated by readers, it is unreasonable to expect a wide range of contributors to produce high quality copy on a monthly basis. It is also evident to us that it would be foolish to produce competing periodicals from the same publisher when they could easi...

Acorn Users / Quercuses
Hi, I have a large number of old Acorn Users and Quercues (Querci?); which I'd rather not dispose of without making an attempt to find someone who might like them. They're probably not a complete sequence (I expect I've lost a few over the years) and almost all of the cover media have been removed and lost; but I'll happily give them away for free to anyone who can come around to my house in Cambridge and take them; or I could think about shipping (but magazines in quantity get quite heavy I think?). J. -- Jonathan Amery. Through many dangers, toils and...

Acorn User CDs
I'm having a clearout. I have: Acorn User CD 1 Acorn User CD 2 Acorn User CD 3 Acorn User CD 10 [the one with the Krisalis games on it] I'm open to an offer for the lot. Definitely interested... Can you contact me by email at lock_gareth at yahoo dot co dot uk. ...

Acorn User #2
The October issue arrived today. Only 3 weeks and a bit late! The free ads page is a bit of a laugh - Identical to last month, including the many-months-old ad that I responded to, months ago. Also, only one wrong page number in the index! After all these years, I am seriously thinking of cancelling my order for AU. The much heralded re-launch a while back seems to have made little difference, although I'm thankful that they have dropped those awful drop caps. Basic things like widows and orphans in the text don't seem to worry them at all, but in a professional magazine they look pretty amateurish. Lately, the most useful part of the magazine seems to be the adverts from the RISC dealers. Just my twopenn'orth. -- Hedley Hunnisett of Wigston Magna, Leicestershire. Using British RISC technology with StrongARM power! In article <031017225501@arcade.demon.co.uk>, Hedley Hunnisett <hedleyh@arcade.demon.co.uk> wrote: > After all these years, I am seriously thinking of cancelling my order > for AU. The much heralded re-launch a while back seems to have made > little difference, although I'm thankful that they have dropped those > awful drop caps. At least the advertisers' index (such as it is) has returned after I pointed out its absence to Steve at one of the shows. I noticed, though, that the same editorial appeared in the August and September issues! Martyn -- _ |\/| _ _ -+- ...

FA: Acorn Archimedes A310 and Acorn AKF50 Monitor
For Auction on eBay: Acorn Archimedes A310 and Acorn AKF50 Monitor British Broadcasting Corporation Microcomputer System Processor: ARM 3 Memory: 8 MB Hard Disc: 350 MB Podules: Design IT E500 Access+ (Ethernet 10Base2) Oak SCSI Interface Watford Electronics Scanner Peripherals: 3-button mouse Original keyboard with extension cable Watford Electronics Hand Scanner Monitor: Acorn AKF50 with mains connection to A310 and 9/15 adapter. Slight superficial damage to monitor case. Used to be in daily use. Needed only fresh AA batteries (for CMOS RAM) to overcome a year of non-use. Buyer arranges collection. Payment: cash on collection <URL:http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Acorn-Archimedes-A310_W0QQitemZ8804993118QQcategoryZ4193QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem> -- * Sick of BT? Leave them and reduce your phone bill by up to half. * Want a spam-proof Usenet address? Visit www.invalid.org.uk or email me: postmaster at invalid dot org dot uk * (tim@invalid.org.uk is deleted - please use my valid address above) .... "Thy glass will show thee how thy beauties wear, thy dial how thy precious minutes waste" Sonnet 77 ...

*Info in Qercus (Acorn User)
As announced yesterday we plan to bring back *Info in Qercus, the magazine that is taking the place of Acorn User (and Acorn Publisher) and available by subscription, in newsagents (UK) and through agents overseas. *Info depends on you. I don't write it and I don't commission *a* writer to produce *Info. It will only work if those of you capable of producing small, free applications help to make it work. What we're looking for to go in *Info: * small RISC OS programs (or part-programs) * that do a simple task or illustrate a simple effect * are new to readers (or have been significantly changed) * part or all of the programming is explained * we can put the app on our website for free download * author will answer feedback questions from us about the app Authors will retain copyright on the program but we will keep the copyright on the article accompanying the program. Authors of published (fame!) *Info items will receive a free copy of that issue - or can have their subscription extended - and authors of the lead item(s) each issue will receive a small payment (fortune!) from us. As well as fame and fortune authors will get the chance to air their work in front of a wider audience including those who don't regularly read newsgroups or trawl web sites. We're also happy to include a short bio about the programmer and mention other apps available on their web-site. If you have work that might qualify then e-mail us first saying what the program does an...

FS: Misc Acorn hardware
i-cubed EtherLan 600: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101336155 IBM 586 (100 MHz) card: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101337088 RISC OS 3.50: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101348173 RISC OS 4.02: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101349126 Risc PC: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101360766 StrongARM card: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101361862 Texas Instruments 486-SLC (40 MHz): http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101363515 Everything in good, near perfect condition unless stated otherwise. I'm selling from Germany, but I'll deliver to UK as well. Oversea on request. Please get in touch for shipping cost in those cases. -- Stefan Bellon On 10 Jun, I wrote: > StrongARM card: > http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101361862 I announced this offer without RISC OS 3.70 ROMs because I didn't find the ones belonging to the card. In the meantime I have found them. This offer will include the RISC OS 3.70 ROM set. -- Stefan Bellon ...

Southampton Acorn Users Group
The next meeting of the Southampton Acorn Users Group will take place on Monday January 9th, at Itchen College, Middle Road, Bitterne, Southampton, from 19:00 until 21:00. We will probably be in room E1. Admission is free and all are welcome. Bring along all the computing stuff that you'd like to. Although our meetings are usually on the second Monday of every month except August, we will have to vary that this February and April. The dates will be: January 9th February 6th (Note: this is the first Monday) March 13th April: Date to be advised May 8th June 12th July 10th The second Monday in February falls in the college's half term, so we will meet one week early. This April is remarkable: the first three Mondays all fall in the college's Easter holiday. I will sort out a date a bit nearer the time. For further information, please either e-mail davehigton@dsl.pipex.com or ring me on 023 8022 2312. Dave _______________________________________________________________ a.m.conroy@argonet.co.uk, Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce. Submissions to csaa@owlart.net Related mail to csaa-request@owlart.net ...

Problems posting to acorn.hardware
Hi, I've posted a few things to acorn.hardware in the last few days but I was surprised to get no follow ups from the normal helpful people who contribute regularly. Checking on google.groups it doesn't look as if any of my posts have got through - I have a local copy whicy presumably gets added by MessengerPro. Is there any problem posting to this group at the moment? -- andrew.mcmullon@tesco.net In article <92d606294d.andy@andrew.mcmullon@tesco.net>, Andy McMullon <andrew.mcmullon@tesco.net> wrote: > Hi, > I've posted a few things to acorn.hardware in the last few days but I > was surprised to get no follow ups from the normal helpful people who > contribute regularly. > Checking on google.groups it doesn't look as if any of my posts have > got through - I have a local copy whicy presumably gets added by > MessengerPro. > Is there any problem posting to this group at the moment? Three items from you since Jan 2nd. (One of those was a repeat of an earlier query about KVM kit) Those items appeared OK. Maybe the people who could answer aren't around at the moment, winter sun holiday perhaps? Gone off to work in one of the countries around the Indian Ocean. Whatever. On 6 Jan 2005 Andy McMullon <andrew.mcmullon@tesco.net> wrote: > I've posted a few things to acorn.hardware in the last few days but I > was surprised to get no follow ups from the normal helpful people who > contribute regul...

Acorns fall next to the tree [Acorn stuff on ebuy UK]
I usually don't surf Acorns, but I noticed some on ebuy. Acorn RiscOS 3.5 ROMs - no reserve Acorn 486 Co-processor card - no reserve Acorn Arm610 processor card - no reserve ...

ACORN USER CD-ROM1
Has anyone got the Acorn User first CD-ROM ? the one that contained the cover discs from Acorn Computing on it. It's just that I have been trying to get hold of the BBC Micro 8bit 5.25" subscription disc for Volume 11 Number 11 (Special Issue 1993) without any luck, however a response on the Archive mailing list has left me a bit confused, the following was posted � Re:Someone was wanting 8bs software for year 93 which one was it these are done as 93_01S , 93_02S, 93_03S , 93_04S�, 93_05S , 93_06S , 93-07S 93_07S , 93_08S , 93_09S , 93_10S , 93_11S and 93_12S ?. as on the CD-ROM...

Acorn User ABC figures
Does anyone know how many readers Acorn User got in its heyday? I have a feeling the readership was about 60,000 at one point, but if anyone knows what the Audit Bureau of Circulation figures were, I'd be hugely grateful. Alex -- Alex Singleton http://www.alexsingleton.com/ In article <BC1893F7.DE3C%usenet@dontspammealexsingleton.com>, Alex Singleton <URL:mailto:usenet@dontspammealexsingleton.com> wrote: > Does anyone know how many readers Acorn User got in its heyday? I have a > feeling the readership was about 60,000 at one point, but if anyone knows > what the...

Acorn User back issues
We're now able to offer Acorn User back issues up to the December 2004 issue. It will take a few weeks to sort out exactly which issues are available and we will be offering them in bundles at discounted proces. In the meantime individual copies can be purchased (where available) at �4.20 + p&p. If you want a particular issue then let us know and we'll search for it for you. If you want a number of issues then we'll do the same and offer a significant discount. NB Most issues of Acorn User sold out soon after publication unlike Acorn Publisher where extra copies were deliberat...

FS: All manner of Acorn Hardware
Hi all I'm loosing my room at my parents, which means my collection of Acorn stuff has to go! This includes but is not limited to some of the following; A5000, standard, old college machine A3000, with external hard drive and a 5 1/4" floppy disc (this machine i love, grew up with it but have no where to put it), also has a network card RISC PC 700, another ex college one, works, think i might have put a strong arm and PC card in it. Acorn electron, with tapes and two power supplies Star dot matrix printer for the acorn, includes at least one ink ribbon All kinds of miscellaneous hard ware for a BBC b/master including; CUB monitor, various tape decks and modems, floppy drives Pile of Acorn User magazines (about 30 of) Bigger pile of manuals, probably in the region of 20 manuals and software packs Miscellaneous boxes of software on low density floppies See the following for piccies, this is not everything, and not everything pictured is available http://s297.photobucket.com/albums/mm230/vannystick/ Would prefer for the whole lot to go in one go but don't expect it, and I would like to see token gestures of cash for them. Not able to post at the moment, located on the Wirral but can also be collected from Liverpool with sufficient warning. Needs to go in the next two weeks, so offered here, then eBay, then the tip! I'd have thought ebay would be best as there has not been that much Acorn/RISC OS stuff on there for a while, so prices should be good. Also, if ...

Free: To some Acorn User Group
Contents of an ex Acorn dealers workshop Too numerous to detail, amongst which nine A3000, five 3010, A3020, two A5000. various monitors, Acorn keyboards, RiscPc 486 cards, power supply units for Acorns, large quantity of interface boards,software,games etc etc Preference to dispose of as one lot to an Acorn User Group Location: near Plymouth, PL20 Email, boggenpoel@ntlworld.com How much would postage be for the A5000 and keyboard? ...

FA: Acorn Archimedes A310 and Acorn AKF50 Monitor #2
For Auction on eBay (Less than 20 hours to go): Acorn Archimedes A310 and Acorn AKF50 Monitor British Broadcasting Corporation Microcomputer System Processor: ARM 3 Memory: 8 MB Hard Disc: 350 MB Podules: Design IT E500 Access+ (Ethernet 10Base2) Oak SCSI Interface Watford Electronics Scanner Peripherals: 3-button mouse Original keyboard with extension cable Watford Electronics Hand Scanner Monitor: Acorn AKF50 with mains connection to A310 and 9/15 adapter. Slight superficial damage to monitor case. Used to be in daily use. Needed only fresh AA batteries (for CMOS RAM) to overcome a year of non-use. Buyer arranges collection. Payment: cash on collection <URL:http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Acorn-Archimedes-A310_W0QQitemZ8804993118QQcategoryZ4193QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem> ...

Web resources about - Acorn User - comp.sys.acorn.hardware

Acorn - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Acorns from small to large of the Willow Oak, Quercus phellos (very small, at center); the Southern Red Oak, Quercus falcata ; the White Oak, ...

Acorns - Invest Spare Change in Index Fund Stocks via Bank, Credit & Debit Cards; Finance Retirement ...
Get Acorns - Invest Spare Change in Index Fund Stocks via Bank, Credit & Debit Cards; Finance Retirement Investments or Build Wealth Investing ...

Trading acorns - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Federal Trade Commission Building, Washington, DC Used in mashup by The Consumerist ("Sweepstake Scammers Impersonate FTC" by Ben Popken - November ...

ACORN Prostitution Investigation - James O'Keefe and Hannah Giles - Part 1 - YouTube
Your tax dollars fund ACORN "members" thugs to allegedly develop an underage international prostitution ring. Call your congressmen and senator ...

Acorns turns your spare change into an investment portfolio
... funds on your behalf. I had coffee recently with George Lucas. No, not that George Lucas. My coffee was with the managing director of Acorns ...

ACORN website allows Canberrans to report growing instances of cybercrime
A new website to fight cybercrime is set to save police an enormous amount of time and money.

ACORN website allows Australians to report growing instances of cybercrime
A new website to fight cybercrime is set to save police an enormous amount of time and money.

Cost of internet access for low-income earners needs to be lowered: ACORN
Many Canadians take surfing the net for granted, but not everyone can afford internet.

ACORN Worker Fired After Appearance In Undercover Video - 10News.com KGTV ABC10 San Diego
An ACORN employee who appeared to give human-smuggling advice to a pimp and prostitute in an undercover video made by conservative filmmakers ...

Acorn version 4 brings revamped UI, speed enhancements, non-destructive filters & much more
Flying Meat, the developer behind the popular Photoshop-like image editing app called ‘Acorn’, today has released version 4.0 of the app bringing ...