BBC B Hardware - Free #2

Free to collect - Market Harborough (South Leicestershire).
Working(when tried a year ago) BBC B with Solidisk expansions (DFS and
Sideways roms).  Acorn Teletext adaptor.  Some manuals.  Lots of discs
(5.25") in dfs and adfs formats.  5.25" disc drive but this was not
working when last tried - probably just needs some judicious 'easing'
of mechanics.  Some manuals (altho' currently stored elsewhere so not
available until 3rd March)

Peter

Hardware Help... (Dead BBC B+ & A7000/RPC Econet boards.) #2
Two issues here... In setting up a museum demonstrating various Acorn platforms, I'm stuck wih two problems... I'm hoping someone on this group might be able to asist me... First is a dead BBC B+ I've plugged it in and set it all up. Switched it on... And... Nothing... No signs of life... I've opened it up and cleaned it up... No signs of any blown fuses or fried components. It's almost as if the mainboard isn't getting any power. I've quickly inspected the PSU and found no obvious site of component failure there either. This one came from a family friend who last...

WTD: BBC B Hardware
Hi Guys, I was just wondering if anyone has any old BBC's knocking around? I'm looking to put together a working system with a disk drive; preferably a model b or later but beggars can't be choosers. I'm really looking to put together a small econet network for the sake of nostalgia as well as learning how it all works together. We got a econet in my final year of school but I never had the chance to really get acquainted with it before I left for college where I was introduced to something called a 286 PC :( Money is, as always, not as prevalent as I would like but I can offer something or make a donation to a favourite charity if that would be more acceptable. Thanks for taking the time to read this and fingers crossed on any recent loft clear outs! In message <598e2e0c-6cea-4743-b624-0390c1fad08d@g9g2000yqb.googlegrou ps.com> nOmArch <nomarch@yahoo.co.uk> wrote: > I was just wondering if anyone has any old BBC's knocking around? The StarDot forum is the place to find lots of BBC owners: http://www.stardot.org.uk/forums/ Bryan. -- RISC OS User Group Of London - http://www.rougol.jellybaby.net/ RISC OS London Show - http://www.riscoslondonshow.co.uk/ In article <598e2e0c-6cea-4743-b624-0390c1fad08d@g9g2000yqb.googlegroups.com>, nOmArch <nomarch@yahoo.co.uk> wrote: m>I was just wondering if anyone has any old BBC's knocking around? I'm m>looking to put together a working system...

BBC Plus 64K
I have a BBC Plus 64K that I've recently completed rebuilding, and I'd love to play Aviator and Elite on disk. Unfortunately, the versions of these games I have don't run on the B Plus. Can the Plus features be software/hardware switched back to the standard BBC B? I know the later Superior release of Elite was tweaked to play with the later machines, but was Aviator's code ever adapted for the newer Beebs? Thanks Steve On Fri, 21 Mar 2008 12:24:30 +0000, Steve wrote: > I have a BBC Plus 64K that I've recently completed rebuilding, and I'd > love to play Aviator and Elite on disk. Unfortunately, the versions of > these games I have don't run on the B Plus. Can the Plus features be > software/hardware switched back to the standard BBC B? Might just be a shadow screen RAM issue? ISTR having problems years ago trying to run some games on an ACW (which is B+ based) which were fixed by issuing a '*shadow off' before running the game. cheers Jules Jules wrote: > On Fri, 21 Mar 2008 12:24:30 +0000, Steve wrote: > >> I have a BBC Plus 64K that I've recently completed rebuilding, and I'd >> love to play Aviator and Elite on disk. Unfortunately, the versions of >> these games I have don't run on the B Plus. Can the Plus features be >> software/hardware switched back to the standard BBC B? > > Might just be a shadow screen RAM issue? ISTR having problems years >...

DLL errors: The hardware, the hardware, it's ALWAYS the hardware...
As John stated in the DLL Hell thread: "Really? How many of those links are cases of "DLL Hell'? Thats where a program replaces an existing Windows DLL with its version. All these are a bunch of links where a DLL is missing or corrupted. Its a pretty safe bet that 10.3 also will suffer from missing or corrupted files due to disk problems. As evidenced by the frequent need to trash certain programs preference files." This is the age-old "cheap unreliable hardware" argument that John always runs back to when cornered about Windows' shortcomings. Isn't it interesting that whenever Mac advocates bring up Apple's unique ability to integrate high-quality hardware and software, the Winidiots always blast Apple for not selling cheap commodity hardware? Yet whenever Windows has a problem, the Winidiots always seem to blame it on "cheap hardware." Some Winidiot always loudly trumpets the fact that "you can get PC system X down at Fry's for $499," but whenever Windows fucks up, the excuse is "well, what do you expect from a bargain basement PC?" You can't have it both ways, kids. Either cheap hardware is a benefit, or it's a curse. It's been proven that Apple's high end machines (Dual G5s) have a significant price/performance advantage over dual Xeon systems, yet Wintel lovers like to whine about how expensive Macs are. If you combine this with the fact that...

BBC B/Electron Hardware Projects
I've just unearthed my trusty old BBC B and am wanting to do some hardware projects with her. Namely to monitor and log data from a weather station. Has anyone done anything similar? There was an article in Electron User for how to make one but I've not been able to get hold of it. Anyone have this they can scan for me? Anyone done this on a newer Acorn? On Thu, 12 Feb 2009 10:04:26 -0800 (PST) dave <davocon@gmail.com> wrote: > I've just unearthed my trusty old BBC B and am wanting to do some > hardware projects with her. Namely to monitor and log data from a > wea...

Hardware Inspector 2.2
Is your IT inventory growing out of control? Do you need to know the exact configuration of all PCs in your network? Are you looking for an automated IT inventory tracking solution for your corporate IT equipment? Take a close look at Hardware Inspector - a powerful inventory tracking automation solution used by hundreds of IT administrators in every industry imaginable. Hardware Inspector tracks PCs, their configuration, hardware installed, serial numbers for IT equipment or their parts and other critical IT inventory data. With Hardware Inspector, there is no need to enter all...

Hardware requirement for hardware in the loop
I want to setup a laboratory for general hardware in the loop simulation. I developed xpc target and real time workshop. I want to order some hardware and electronic boards for interfacing. what is the most general interfaces cards and I/O.(A/D,D/A, CAN controller .......) which type and which marks is better to buy????? which cards you used in your company or Institue??? Is there any general rack for hardware in the loop? Thanks On Feb 25, 9:39 pm, omidamir2...@gmail.com wrote: > I want to setup a laboratory for general hardware in the loop > simulation. > I developed xpc targ...

Hardwar
Anyone out there who plays Hardwar? I know of a dedicated server, with no players yet thou.. If you play Hardwar, send a mess and join our world.. =) Van The Man I just installed this game again after buying it years ago. It beats some of the games that have just arrived!! Fantastic. Lots of support online too. Yes I just might give it ago. How do I play on line? Thanks ken "Van The Man" <vantheman@nordic-pua.net> wrote in message news:wtkTa.21232$dP1.40316@newsc.telia.net... > Anyone out there who plays Hardwar? > I know of a dedicated server, with no players yet thou.. > If you play Hardwar, send a mess and join our world.. =) > > Van The Man > > I really liked Hardwar and would be willing to play a persistant online server. My only real complaint about the game was the dynamics (or flight model) or the ships is too simplistic. However the rest of the game somewhat makes up for that. Also Hardwar has the best soundtrack of any game I've played. I ripped it to MP3 and play it with the rest of my music all the time. "ken spencer" <ken@kenspencer.co.uk> wrote in message news:bfph71$gtm$1@titan.btinternet.com... > I just installed this game again after buying it years ago. It beats some of > the games that have just arrived!! Fantastic. Lots of support online too. > > Yes I just might give it ago. How do I play on line? > > Thanks > > ken ...

Hardwar
Hi there, I heard this is a fantastic game. I can't find it for download anywhere and it doesn't appear to be available to for purchase. Can anyone help? On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 10:26:55 GMT, Strider <email-address@signature.okay> wrote: >Hi there, > >I heard this is a fantastic game. I can't find it for download anywhere >and it doesn't appear to be available to for purchase. > >Can anyone help? http://zedo.hardwar.org.uk/gethardwar.htm if nothing there helps, drop me a private email (you'll have to unfudge the address yourself) and I might co...

Re: Convincing Mathematica that Sqrt[a+b]Sqrt[a-b]==Sqrt[a^2+b^2] #2
On 12/20/05 at 11:35 PM, hattons@globalsymmetry.com (Steven T. Hatton) wrote: >Is there a way to convince Mathematica to multiply >Sqrt[a+b]Sqrt[a-b] to produce Sqrt[a^2+b^2]? Well there is: In[1]:= z = Sqrt[a + b]*Sqrt[a - b]; Sqrt[Expand[z^2]] Out[2]= Sqrt[a^2 - b^2] -- To reply via email subtract one hundred and four ...

FS: Misc Acorn (and non-Acorn) hardware
Like Peter Naulls yesterday, I'm trying to get rid of my remaining Risc PC and the related hardware. I've put them on eBay. The Acorn-specific items are: Acorn Risc PC StrongARM 233 MHz + Power-tec SCSI http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202188067 i-cubed EtherLan600 for Acorn Risc PC/A7000 http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202186713 Acorn Risc PC power supply, backplane and screws http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202185817 RISC OS Select http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202184767 STD PS2Mouse for Acorn Risc PC http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202183392 Acorn MEU + Plextor PlexWriter RW 4220 internal SCSI http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202182624 Graphic tablet PaintPal Deluxe http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202181086 The rest is not Acorn-specific but was connected to either a Risc PC or a Iyonix and therefore may be of interest here as well: Mitsumi FA402M 3.5" Floppy and 7in1 Media Drive http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202179719 Sony 3.5" Floppy MPF 920 http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202177159 ELSA MicroLink ISDN 4U Router/Hub http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5777800061 Iomega ZIP 100 Drive external SCSI http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202173954 HP ScanJet 3c SCSI http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...

Re: [9fans] Plan9 and the real hardware #2 #2
On Sun, 14 Aug 2011 21:28:05 +0200 John Floren <john@jfloren.net> wrote: >I've run into this problem myself. You can solve it, but it is >kind of hackish. At the moment my Plan9 skills are very low. So I will try this way when my skills are better. >Oh, and regarding the "issue" after compiling the CPU kernel--was >this >your first boot after installing? After you initially make a >fossil+venti system, on the first boot it will spend some time >syncing >fossil to venti. This will take anywhere between a few minutes >(best >case) and ...

Looking Hardware PDC version above 2.2 for HP987/200
Does any one have a PDC revision above 2.2 for an HP987/200. I am = trying to install disks above 18 Gbytes and I believe the PDC version I = have is too old. Sincerely, Jean Huot Northern Credit Bureaus Inc. (819) 762-4351 * To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, * * etc., please visit http://raven.utc.edu/archives/hp3000-l.html * Jean, I tried looking in the ITRC, can't find it. Do you know what a 987 is in HP-UX terms? It might be easier to find that way. -Craig --- Northern Credit Bureaus Inc <bcnjean@bcn.qc.ca> wrote: ...

Re: PS/2 mouse with hardware swapable buttons? #2
Dan Lanciani [mailto:ddl@danlan.*com] wrote in reply In article <Ff#JZA8YEHA.2804@exchnews1.main.ntu.edu.sg>, atchia9@pmail.ntu.edu.sg (Chia Ah Tee, Joseph) writes: >| You can use windows to do the swapping under the mouse setting. >|=20 >| Joseph >To clarify, I'm looking for a PS/2 mouse that will let me swap the buttons >in >hardware, independent of any software setting or driver on the host >computer. >Do you know of one? Dan Lanciani ddl@danlan.*com Dan, Sorry I do not know of any? Joseph=20 ...

Error: a=nominal([1 2 1 2]), b=getlevels(a), b(2)
According to documentation for "categorical", getlevels returns a uniquified version of its input, but is of the same type. I am baffled by the differences in what I see in the input & output: a=nominal([1 2 1 2]) b=getlevels(a) a(2) b(2) % Error: Index exceeds matrix dimensions b(1) % This scalar index returns all 2 elements numel(b) % Shows 2 unique elements I tried a vertical "a", but "b" is still horizontal: a=nominal([1;2;1;2]) b=getlevels(a) % 1x2 row array of unique numbers b(2) % Error: Index exceeds matrix dimensions b(1) % This scalar index returns all 2 elements in 1 row numel(b) % Shows 2 unique element's The help pages for categorical data indicate that the following should be OK, but it generates errors: >> a(find(a==2)) Error using nominalcheck (line 53) Invalid types for comparison. Error in nominal/eq (line 20) [acodes,bcodes] = nominalcheck(a,b); In fact, even find(a==2) generates the same error, and I tacked it down to a==2. This means that the following is erroneous as well: >> a(a==2) Error using nominalcheck (line 53) Invalid types for comparison. Error in nominal/eq (line 20) [acodes,bcodes] = nominalcheck(a,b); I need to access elements in "a" based on a specified unique value. I need to process the elements of "a" differently depending on the value used to select the elemen...

Lot of commodore hardware, York PA (2) 128's, Jiffy DOS, (2) 64's refurbed+JD, (2)40/80Monitors.,. everything must go.
Hello: I have 1-c128 with Jiffy DOS for sale. 1-c128 without JD (I only have 1 power supply tho). (2) c64's, refurbed, new power switches, Jiffy DOS, Custom MyTec PLAtinum PLA replacements, and EZ cables for ease of use with a Rear Admiral Hard drive system. Each c64 has its own Power Supply, and they both have toggle switches to en/disable jiffy DOS. 1-c64 stock, and works great, and also comes with a Heavy Duty Power supply 1-1084S RGB Monitor with all cables, needs a power switch (unit performs great, but u have to hold the power button in. I use a soda bottle cap, and a l...

HARDWARE #2 1281955
Reviews of latest hardware, graphic cards, processors, motherboards, hdd, memory.... http://tophardware-news.blogspot.com/ TDR911 wrote: > > Reviews of latest hardware, graphic cards, processors, motherboards, > hdd, memory.... > > http://blablablablablablablablabla.com/ That bloody spammer again! ...

all about hardware
What is the: WAN ? http://freedownloadablebooks.blogspot.com/2008/03/what-is-wan.html What is the: UNIX ? http://freedownloadablebooks.blogspot.com/2008/03/what-is-unix.html What is the: ADSL ? http://freedownloadablebooks.blogspot.com/2008/03/what-is-adsl.html What is the: Intranet http://freedownloadablebooks.blogspot.com/2008/03/what-is-intranet.html What is the: SMDS http://freedownloadablebooks.blogspot.com/2008/03/what-is-smds.html What is the: Browser ? http://freedownloadablebooks.blogspot.com/2008/03/what-is-browser.html What is the: SNMP http://freedownloadablebooks.blog...

Hardware
I have the following hardware available. All the systems were from my=20= customers who have either migrated off the HP3000 or purchased larger=20 systems. If you are interested, give me a call or email. If you are in = the=20 southeast the equipment could be offered at substantially less for a hard= ware=20 support opportunity.=20=20 HP959 200 HP969 200 HP979 200 2 HVD10 enclosures with 73GB drives. Jamaica enclosures (rack mount and stand alone) 4GB and 9GB. Nike Array Mod20 (620 SP's) enclosures. cabinets=20 Thanks, Billy Brewer billy@jtsbinc.com (912) 484-28...

Hardware
Hi everyone, I need to ask a rather simple question so please bear with me as I tried to search on google but could not come up with anything. You see i wish to control the pc's hardware via usb, parallel and serial ports and pci cards Is there any tutorial out there that can help to do hardware programming on the pc with C/C++. Thank You Yours Sincerely Richard West freesoft_2000 a �crit : > Is there any tutorial out there that can help to do hardware programming > on the pc with C/C++. You will need to state your Operating System. freesoft_2000 wrote: > ...

RH9 on this hardware? #2
Dear Group, I'm hoping to install RH9 on a 1 year old Dell desktop. Can anyone tell me if RH9 will run on this hardware: Graphics: Intel 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Disk: WDC WD400EB-750PF0 IDE: Intel 82801DB Ultra ATA CD: Sony CD-RW CRX216E DVD: HL-DT-ST DVD-ROM GDR8162B NIC: Broadcom 440x 10/100 Thanks Much!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...

old hardware #2
hello, i'm new to the world of linux and was wondering what would be the best O/S for a P3 1 ghz/256meg. PrDtR "PrDtR" (prdtr@vianet.ca) writes: > hello, i'm new to the world of linux and was wondering what would be the > best O/S for a P3 1 ghz/256meg. > > PrDtR > > Just about anything. The curve isn't linear. 486s with 4megs of memory are very distant, 200MHz Pentiums with 36megs of RAM are reasonably close, and 1GHz computers with 256megs of RAM are basically next to current. Pretty much the only way the 1GHz machine differs from current computers is a relatively minor increase in clock speed, but since 1GHz is fine for most people's useage, the increase in clock speed isn't going to be noticed much (especially not when memory bus and I/O bus will be what sets the limit for most useage). Michael thanks for the speedy response, recommend anything? "Michael Black" <et472@FreeNet.Carleton.CA> wrote in message news:f37r4l$1b9$1@theodyn.ncf.ca... > "PrDtR" (prdtr@vianet.ca) writes: >> hello, i'm new to the world of linux and was wondering what would be the >> best O/S for a P3 1 ghz/256meg. >> >> PrDtR >> >> > Just about anything. The curve isn't linear. 486s with 4megs of memory > are very distant, 200MHz Pentiums with 36megs of RAM are reasonably close, > and 1GHz computers with 256megs of RAM are basically next to current. ...

hardware?
Hi guys, What do you guys recommend for a library of commercial hardware? We are using DBWorks and would like to use custom properties information in our BOM's. Fixtures are where we need it for. Do not need it for injection molding. Currently we have been using a small custom library that one of the guys made and we keep adding to it. What about "Library for Standard Parts" by CadParts, Inc., or "SolidParts" by SolidPartners, Inc., or "SolidWorks Toolbox" by SW? Is there any different? Well thanks in advance. CadGuy I have found that most of the libraries...

BBC B #2
Hi anyone, I have found a loose blue wire, one end, on underside of a BBC B board. Anyone point to where it is connected please? It is the longer of the two blue wires and is still connected to the solder near the edge of the board. Dave. -- In article <408280a850.David@dave.daveandsylvia.plus.com>, Dave <mail@daveandsylvia.plus.com> wrote: > Hi anyone, > I have found a loose blue wire, one end, on underside of a BBC B > board. Anyone point to where it is connected please? It is the longer > of the two blue wires and is still connected to the solder near the > edge of the board. It should be easy enough to spot where the other end was soldered to, if it was a link. There will either be a solder joint with a bit of wire in it, or one with the groove from a wire. Jochen -- ------------------------------------ Limavady and the Roe Valley Roe Valley News Browser http://www.jochenlueg.freeuk.com In message <50a8a91ce9jl@spamnet.junk> jl <jl@spamnet.junk> wrote: > In article <408280a850.David@dave.daveandsylvia.plus.com>, Dave > <mail@daveandsylvia.plus.com> wrote: > >> Hi anyone, >> I have found a loose blue wire, one end, on underside of a BBC B >> board. Anyone point to where it is connected please? It is the longer >> of the two blue wires and is still connected to the solder near the >> edge of the board. > > It should be easy enough to spot w...

Manufacture of Door hardware furniture hardware from china
Dear Sir/Madam we are manufacture of door hardware glass fittings furniture fittings from china, if you are looking for some products please let us know, we also do OEM, www.reliancehardware.com Herry Lin ...

Web resources about - BBC B Hardware - Free #2 - comp.sys.acorn.hardware

Graphics hardware - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
integrated and dedicated. An integrated graphics card, usually by Intel for use in their computers, is bound to the motherboard and shares RAM ...

Bunnings could be set to face a new force in hardware
... Dick Smith into a $520 million sharemarket sensation is hatching a plan to bring together Australia's two biggest, independent hardware chains ...

Bunnings could be set to face a new force in hardware
... Smith into a $520 million sharemarket sensation is hatching a plan to bring together Australia's two biggest, independent hardware chains to ...

Building a (sub-$1000) Hackintosh that meets the Oculus Rift hardware requirements – Part II
In part I of our Hackintosh tutorial , we discussed our choice of hardware and the reasons behind those decisions. The main goal was to create ...

Ace Hardware Debuts First Work from O'Keefe Reinhard & Paul
The new campaign features its friendly, stick-in-your-head jingle "Ace is the place with the helpful hardware folks," and includes real Ace store ...

DARPA to host killer “Improv” performances with hacked hardware
... Defense Science Office is preparing for an alternative sort of "improv" performance. DARPA is inviting researchers, developers, and hardware-hacking ...

Xbox One hardware upgrades could extend the life of Microsoft’s console
For decades, the video game console has been a transient purchase. From the moment you set up an Atari or an NES or a PlayStation in your living ...

Google joins Facebook's game-changing project that's eating the $140 billion hardware market
If the hardware industry was nervous about Facebook's game-changing Open Compute Project before, it should now be downright terrified now: Google ...

How to use Apple Diagnostics to identify Mac hardware problems
... are usually pretty reliable, but when they do go wrong the Apple Diagnostics tool should help you figure out if you have a software or a hardware ...

Hyrule Warriors Legends is a grim warning against revised hardware
When Microsoft first announced that it was considering modular revisions for Xbox One hardware, I was actually somewhat on board with the idea. ...