BBC B Hardware - Free

Free to collect - Market Harborough (South Leicestershire).
Working(when tried a year ago) BBC B with Solidisk expansions (DFS and
Sideways roms).  Acorn Teletext adaptor.  Some manuals.  Lots of discs
(5.25") in dfs and adfs formats.  5.25" disc drive but this was not
working when last tried - probably just needs some judicious 'easing'
of mechanics.  Some manuals (altho' currently stored elsewhere so not
available until 3rd March)

Peter

WTD: BBC B Hardware
Hi Guys, I was just wondering if anyone has any old BBC's knocking around? I'm looking to put together a working system with a disk drive; preferably a model b or later but beggars can't be choosers. I'm really looking to put together a small econet network for the sake of nostalgia as well as learning how it all works together. We got a econet in my final year of school but I never had the chance to really get acquainted with it before I left for college where I was introduced to something called a 286 PC :( Money is, as always, not as prevalent as I would like but I can o...

BBC Plus 64K
I have a BBC Plus 64K that I've recently completed rebuilding, and I'd love to play Aviator and Elite on disk. Unfortunately, the versions of these games I have don't run on the B Plus. Can the Plus features be software/hardware switched back to the standard BBC B? I know the later Superior release of Elite was tweaked to play with the later machines, but was Aviator's code ever adapted for the newer Beebs? Thanks Steve On Fri, 21 Mar 2008 12:24:30 +0000, Steve wrote: > I have a BBC Plus 64K that I've recently completed rebuilding, and I'd > love to pl...

DLL errors: The hardware, the hardware, it's ALWAYS the hardware...
As John stated in the DLL Hell thread: "Really? How many of those links are cases of "DLL Hell'? Thats where a program replaces an existing Windows DLL with its version. All these are a bunch of links where a DLL is missing or corrupted. Its a pretty safe bet that 10.3 also will suffer from missing or corrupted files due to disk problems. As evidenced by the frequent need to trash certain programs preference files." This is the age-old "cheap unreliable hardware" argument that John always runs back to when cornered about Windows' shortcomings....

BBC B/Electron Hardware Projects
I've just unearthed my trusty old BBC B and am wanting to do some hardware projects with her. Namely to monitor and log data from a weather station. Has anyone done anything similar? There was an article in Electron User for how to make one but I've not been able to get hold of it. Anyone have this they can scan for me? Anyone done this on a newer Acorn? On Thu, 12 Feb 2009 10:04:26 -0800 (PST) dave <davocon@gmail.com> wrote: > I've just unearthed my trusty old BBC B and am wanting to do some > hardware projects with her. Namely to monitor and log data from a > wea...

Hardware requirement for hardware in the loop
I want to setup a laboratory for general hardware in the loop simulation. I developed xpc target and real time workshop. I want to order some hardware and electronic boards for interfacing. what is the most general interfaces cards and I/O.(A/D,D/A, CAN controller .......) which type and which marks is better to buy????? which cards you used in your company or Institue??? Is there any general rack for hardware in the loop? Thanks On Feb 25, 9:39 pm, omidamir2...@gmail.com wrote: > I want to setup a laboratory for general hardware in the loop > simulation. > I developed xpc targ...

Hardwar
Hi there, I heard this is a fantastic game. I can't find it for download anywhere and it doesn't appear to be available to for purchase. Can anyone help? On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 10:26:55 GMT, Strider <email-address@signature.okay> wrote: >Hi there, > >I heard this is a fantastic game. I can't find it for download anywhere >and it doesn't appear to be available to for purchase. > >Can anyone help? http://zedo.hardwar.org.uk/gethardwar.htm if nothing there helps, drop me a private email (you'll have to unfudge the address yourself) and I might co...

Hardwar
Anyone out there who plays Hardwar? I know of a dedicated server, with no players yet thou.. If you play Hardwar, send a mess and join our world.. =) Van The Man I just installed this game again after buying it years ago. It beats some of the games that have just arrived!! Fantastic. Lots of support online too. Yes I just might give it ago. How do I play on line? Thanks ken "Van The Man" <vantheman@nordic-pua.net> wrote in message news:wtkTa.21232$dP1.40316@newsc.telia.net... > Anyone out there who plays Hardwar? > I know of a dedicated server, wi...

Hardware Help... (Dead BBC B+ & A7000/RPC Econet boards.)
Two issues here... In setting up a museum demonstrating various Acorn platforms, I'm stuck wih two problems... I'm hoping someone on this group might be able to asist me... First is a dead BBC B+ I've plugged it in and set it all up. Switched it on... And... Nothing... No signs of life... I've opened it up and cleaned it up... No signs of any blown fuses or fried components. It's almost as if the mainboard isn't getting any power. I've quickly inspected the PSU and found no obvious site of component failure there either. This one came from a family friend who last...

Hardware Help... (Dead BBC B+ & A7000/RPC Econet boards.) #2
Two issues here... In setting up a museum demonstrating various Acorn platforms, I'm stuck wih two problems... I'm hoping someone on this group might be able to asist me... First is a dead BBC B+ I've plugged it in and set it all up. Switched it on... And... Nothing... No signs of life... I've opened it up and cleaned it up... No signs of any blown fuses or fried components. It's almost as if the mainboard isn't getting any power. I've quickly inspected the PSU and found no obvious site of component failure there either. This one came from a family friend who last...

FS: Misc Acorn (and non-Acorn) hardware
Like Peter Naulls yesterday, I'm trying to get rid of my remaining Risc PC and the related hardware. I've put them on eBay. The Acorn-specific items are: Acorn Risc PC StrongARM 233 MHz + Power-tec SCSI http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202188067 i-cubed EtherLan600 for Acorn Risc PC/A7000 http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202186713 Acorn Risc PC power supply, backplane and screws http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202185817 RISC OS Select http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202184767 STD PS2Mouse fo...

Amiga hardware and simulated hardware on auction
Amiga keyboard, mouse, and joystick simulator: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=ADME:L:LCA:US:11&item=320095399217 Amiga memory expansion board for Amiga 500-- personally tested w/68000- P10 installed: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=ADME:L:LCA:US:11&item=320095400888 Amiga 500 keyboard (real one not the simulated one): http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=ADME:L:LCA:US:11&item=320095402815 Amiga 1080 monitor that go so used to showing Amiga rainbows that it displays 10,000+ colors ...

all about hardware
What is the: WAN ? http://freedownloadablebooks.blogspot.com/2008/03/what-is-wan.html What is the: UNIX ? http://freedownloadablebooks.blogspot.com/2008/03/what-is-unix.html What is the: ADSL ? http://freedownloadablebooks.blogspot.com/2008/03/what-is-adsl.html What is the: Intranet http://freedownloadablebooks.blogspot.com/2008/03/what-is-intranet.html What is the: SMDS http://freedownloadablebooks.blogspot.com/2008/03/what-is-smds.html What is the: Browser ? http://freedownloadablebooks.blogspot.com/2008/03/what-is-browser.html What is the: SNMP http://freedownloadablebooks.blog...

hardware
hardware information 1 http://alljobsbasics.blogspot.com/2009/05/hardware-information-1.html hardware information 2 http://alljobsbasics.blogspot.com/2009/05/hardware-information-2.html hardware information 3 http://alljobsbasics.blogspot.com/2009/05/hardware-information-3.html harware information 4 http://alljobsbasics.blogspot.com/2009/05/harware-information-4.html hardware information 5 http://alljobsbasics.blogspot.com/2009/05/hardware-information-5.html hardware information 6 http://alljobsbasics.blogspot.com/2009/05/hardware-information-6.html hardware information 7 http://alljobsbasics....

Fujitsu P2040 Hardware Question
I have fujitsu P2040. I've reinstalled windows 2000 pro on the notebook. However, I still have one device unknown to this day. Can someone help me with what I am missing in this picture? I am asking this question cause, everytime, I boot up, system says that it found a new hardware!!! Please help, it's very annoying, I know that I could disable so it won't come and bother me no more... I have installed following drivers. VIDEO AUDIO LAN QUICKPOINT(stick mouse) BATTERYAID MODEM LIFEBOOK_APPLICATION (controls the A, B, e-mail buttons and some more) Um..here is one more additi...

Hardware
Hi everyone, I need to ask a rather simple question so please bear with me as I tried to search on google but could not come up with anything. You see i wish to control the pc's hardware via usb, parallel and serial ports and pci cards Is there any tutorial out there that can help to do hardware programming on the pc with C/C++. Thank You Yours Sincerely Richard West freesoft_2000 a �crit : > Is there any tutorial out there that can help to do hardware programming > on the pc with C/C++. You will need to state your Operating System. freesoft_2000 wrote: > ...

Web resources about - BBC B Hardware - Free - comp.sys.acorn.hardware

Graphics hardware - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
integrated and dedicated. An integrated graphics card, usually by Intel for use in their computers, is bound to the motherboard and shares RAM ...

Investors support Metcash bid for Home Timber & Hardware
Metcash revealed its interest in Woolworths' Home Timber &amp; Hardware business as long ago as the middle of 2015, sources close to the listed ...

Job listings seemingly confirm Google is working on its own VR hardware
Two weeks ago, a report claimed that Google is forming its own VR division, with Clay Bavor (former VP of Gmail and Drive) in charge of the new ...

LG admits G4 bootloop problem is a hardware fault, will repair affected devices
... LG. The official response has come through and it should make G4 owners happy: LG has acknowledged the LG G4 bootloop issue is a hardware defect ...

​What’s So Creative About Hardware?
... so much more to the convergence of technology and creative industries though. While Buildit accelerator was originally set up as a pure hardware ...

Xerox Slips on WSJ Report It Will Split into Hardware, Services Cos.
... late trading after The Wall Street Journal sent headlines just before the close saying the company plans to split in two, forming one a hardware ...

Microsoft is treading water when it comes to hardware, but it could take off next year
... and 950XL, new Microsoft-made flagship Windows 10 Mobile phones that failed to get anyone excited about the platform , despite powerful hardware ...

Storied Xerox to split hardware and services into two companies
Over 50 years ago, Xerox introduced photocopiers based on a dry process called xerography that largely did away with the requirement of carbon ...

Commentary: Apple expected to see decreasing profits from hardware
Apple is expected to see difficulties maintaining strong hardware sales, as sales of iPhone, iPad and Mac-series products during its fiscal first ...

Apple planned ahead for the inevitable hardware slump
It was inevitable, but nonetheless concerning to investors. iPhone sales flattened out this quarter, part of an overall trend of weakness in ...