Bits to give away

Reluctantly, well may be not so, as I need the space for my sons model
railway (I say it is for him) I have the following going spare

A5000 x 2 including various software, hand held scanner etc
possibily RiscPC

To any home, transport cost to be covered by recipients.

Located in Builth Wells, Herefordshire / Powys Border, but could
deliver to Birmingham area this weekend or Bristol at some point before
Xmas.

replys to john@REMOVE_3jays.me.uk

Regards

John

Give it away, give it away, give it away, now...
Looking for that *special* present for a loved one? Imagine their surprise when they tear open the wrapping paper and find a complete Du Pont Eurosprint Cromalin system! Not only do you get an SRA3 laminator and Studio Press - but there's more. You also get a glow-in-the-dark Studio Frame. Seriously though... It's in good working order - but taking up too much space. This stuff is in London EC2 and heading for a skip unless somebody wants to rescue it. -- Martin Thanks for the morning laugh. If I lived in London and had a flatbed van...no, wait, doesn't it cost eight pounds to drive a flatbed van in London? Here's hoping your surplus addresses someone else's deficit. R. On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 11:14:44 +0000, Martin <bitbucket@idea-digital.com> wrote: >Looking for that *special* present for a loved one? > >Imagine their surprise when they tear open the wrapping paper and find a >complete Du Pont Eurosprint Cromalin system! > >Not only do you get an SRA3 laminator and Studio Press - but there's >more. You also get a glow-in-the-dark Studio Frame. > >Seriously though... > >It's in good working order - but taking up too much space. > >This stuff is in London EC2 and heading for a skip unless somebody wants >to rescue it. ...

Commodore hardware and software to give away
We have some Commodore 128 software and hardware to give away to those who are willing to pay for shipping. Software includes Timworks Word writer word processor, hardware includes a Commodore 128 monitor and more. How much? I am in the uk and would love to get hold of a 128. "Rich3800" <rich3800@aol.com> wrote in message news:20031010171007.09700.00000088@mb-m24.aol.com... > We have some Commodore 128 software and hardware to give away to those who are > willing to pay for shipping. Software includes Timworks Word writer word > processor, hardware includes a Commo...

64-bit instance on Aix 32 bit kernel / 64 bit hardware
Hi, Is it worth to use 64-bit DB2 instances on a 32-bit kernel, in terms of: - performance - configuration (go beyond the 256 Mb segment for private mem, 1.75 Gb for Bufferpools) - other ? I've seen NIS is not supported, downlevel (64 to 32 bit ?) is not supported .... The "Should I be using DB2 64-bit?" tech note seems confusing: http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=71&context=SSEPGG&q1=64-bit&uid=swg21188114&loc=en_US&cs=utf-8&lang=en It states some restrictions - You can install 64-bit DB2 UDB Version 8 on 32-bit operating systems only on AIX, HP-UX and Solaris Operating Environments. ==>You will not be able to create or run 64-bit instances. You can only create and run 32-bit instances. <== Really ? The db2setup (8.2 / Aix) asked for 32-bit or 64-bit instance creation. It seems db2iupdt -w 64 works fine, and the instance is functionning, but is it worth ? Thanks for your help, Jean-Marc Jean-Marc, I believe what the technote is trying to say is you can install the 64-bit version of DB2 (i.e. the DB2 binaries) under a 32-bit OS, but once you install the DB2 binaries, you must create DB2 instances in order to operate a DB2 database. I believe it is saying that you cannot create 64-bit instances under a 32-bit OS. If you didn't receive an error in attempting to do so, I guess you are in uncharted territory, and risk not being able to get support from IBM. I'm not ...

Giving Away Huge Collect of Commodore/Atari Hardware and books
I am giving away my entire collection of 8-bit Commodore and Atari computers. It is time to let my 8-bit gear go to somebody with the time/interest to use it. What is included ---------------------- - About 80% of the gear is fully functional. - Some of the gear is in darn near perfect. - About a dozen Commodore PCs; 64, 64c, 128, 128D. - About a dozen Commodore drives various models including a 3.5 floppy drive. - Several of the Commodore drives have JiffyDos installed. - A couple of Atari 8-Bits; 2x1200XL one with APE Warp+ installed (http://www.atarimax.com/forsale/index.html) ...

[News] Open Hardware Uses Linux-biased Chips, Giving Away Access Pays Off

FS: Misc Acorn (and non-Acorn) hardware
Like Peter Naulls yesterday, I'm trying to get rid of my remaining Risc PC and the related hardware. I've put them on eBay. The Acorn-specific items are: Acorn Risc PC StrongARM 233 MHz + Power-tec SCSI http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202188067 i-cubed EtherLan600 for Acorn Risc PC/A7000 http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202186713 Acorn Risc PC power supply, backplane and screws http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202185817 RISC OS Select http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202184767 STD PS2Mouse for Acorn Risc PC http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202183392 Acorn MEU + Plextor PlexWriter RW 4220 internal SCSI http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202182624 Graphic tablet PaintPal Deluxe http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202181086 The rest is not Acorn-specific but was connected to either a Risc PC or a Iyonix and therefore may be of interest here as well: Mitsumi FA402M 3.5" Floppy and 7in1 Media Drive http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202179719 Sony 3.5" Floppy MPF 920 http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202177159 ELSA MicroLink ISDN 4U Router/Hub http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5777800061 Iomega ZIP 100 Drive external SCSI http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202173954 HP ScanJet 3c SCSI http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...

bits of this, bits of that
Hi, I need to write some data types into an array of unsigned chars. These are basically "signals" within a message, so each signal will have a start bit and a length. The signals will also have a type, one of: unsigned long signed long float double The signals with float and double will be 32 or 64 bits long, as appropriate. I need to just shift the bits and throw them into the array, untouched. Whats the best way of doing this? Since I can't bit shift a float around, I was thinking of a union of the 4 types, and doing all the bit twiddling using the unsigned type. Is this going to work, or am I asking for trouble? Presumably there's a better way. Cheers for any insights, Ben -- I'm not just a number. To many, I'm known as a String... > Hi, > > I need to write some data types into an array of unsigned chars. > > These are basically "signals" within a message, so each signal will have > a start bit and a length. The signals will also have a type, one of: > unsigned long > signed long > float > double > > The signals with float and double will be 32 or 64 bits long, as > appropriate. > > I need to just shift the bits and throw them into the array, untouched. > Whats the best way of doing this? > > Since I can't bit shift a float around, I was thinking of a union of the > 4 types, and doing all the bit twiddling using the unsign...

Giving them away...
<http://www.lowes.com/pl_Samsung+Galaxy+Promotion_4294765635_4294937087_> "FREE Samsung Galaxy Tablet via mail-in rebate when you buy any Samsung washer and dryer set, refrigerator or range below. The tablet is valued at $349. Also, enter to win a $48,000 technology makeover for your school. Offer ends 10/3/2011. Get Details and Rebate" -- "The iPhone doesn't have a speaker phone" -- "I checked very carefully" -- "I checked Apple's web pages" -- Edwin on the iPhone "It is Mac OS X, not BSD.' -- 'From Mac OS to BSD Unix." -- "It's BSD Unix with Apple's APIs and GUI on top of it' -- 'nothing but BSD Unix' (Edwin on Mac OS X) '[The IBM PC] could boot multiple OS, such as DOS, C/PM, GEM, etc.' -- 'I claimed nothing about GEM other than it was available software for the IBM PC. (Edwin on GEM) 'Solaris is just a marketing rename of Sun OS.' -- 'Sun OS is not included on the timeline of Solaris because it's a different OS.' (Edwin on Sun) On Sep 29, 2:33=A0pm, Alan Baker <alangba...@telus.net> wrote: > <http://www.lowes.com/pl_Samsung+Galaxy+Promotion_4294765635_4294937087_> > > "FREE Samsung Galaxy Tablet > > via mail-in rebate when you buy any Samsung washer and dryer set, > refrigerator or range below. The tablet is valued at $349. Also, enter > to win a $48,000 technology ...

Microsoft has to give them away!
http://news.yahoo.com/s/mashable/20100722/tc_mashable/microsoft_will_give _a_free_windows_phone_7_device_to_every_employee http://tinyurl.com/24wkaa4 "Mike" <mike@nonnfaba.invalid> wrote in message news:mike-DD361E.11594422072010@news.newsguy.com... > http://news.yahoo.com/s/mashable/20100722/tc_mashable/microsoft_will_give > _a_free_windows_phone_7_device_to_every_employee > > http://tinyurl.com/24wkaa4 What an awesome company! Microsoft rulz, Apple drools. "Rotten Apple" <rotten@pple.com> wrote in message news:xP%1o.27109$xZ2.2047@newsfe07.iad... > > "Mike" <mike@nonnfaba.invalid> wrote in message > news:mike-DD361E.11594422072010@news.newsguy.com... >> http://news.yahoo.com/s/mashable/20100722/tc_mashable/microsoft_will_give >> _a_free_windows_phone_7_device_to_every_employee >> >> http://tinyurl.com/24wkaa4 > > What an awesome company! > > Microsoft rulz, Apple drools. > Another nail. In article <xP%1o.27109$xZ2.2047@newsfe07.iad>, "Rotten Apple" <rotten@pple.com> wrote: > > Microsoft rulz, Apple drools. And your grammar sucks. The correct spelling is "rules." "Rupert Bear" <rupert@nutwood.co.uk> wrote in message news:rupert-DFE828.16012222072010@news.giganews.com... > In article <xP%1o.27109$xZ2.2047@newsfe07.iad>, > "Rotten ...

Printewrs to give away
Hi there... ....I found several Printers for Commodore, do they have any value to someone? Since the Ribbons are quite old, none of them will work (I didn't have the time to test it, and I won't have). So does someone here know where to get "rid" of them? Don#t want to throw them in the trash, and getting 1,5� at ebay is not worth the trouble packing and sending them. If anyone has a collection of pinters and is looking for some, he can pick them up for free. That's what I have: - Star LC10 - Star NL10 - Star LC24-20 (with lots of mechanical addons, don't kno...

Wanted Acorn bits
Didn't know where tho ask this since there isn't a classifieds forum ;) Anyway last summer I bought an A7000 ,which I really grown a customed to.I plan on setting it up as my main system (Using something like VNC for PC "super" needs (typing japanese , Skype with my girlfriend in syberia,...). But as any other student I'm pretty low on cash.Well actually I do have enough money to buy a A9home but It's all used up to fly to syberia in april (to visit my lovely girlfriend). In any case to make why A7000 work properly I need to buy two things. An Ethernet card -> so ...

Acorn Bits for Sale
Items for Sale Programmes Computer Concepts TurboDriver (no cable) �10 Compression �10 Impression 2 Borders �5 Impression Style �25 Colton Software Pipedream 4.5 �25 Fireworkz PC version �25 Lingenuity Presenter GTi �10 Dalriada TableMate2 �10 DiagramIt �10 ISV DrawWorks 2 �10 XStitch �10 Iota Desktop database �5 Risc Hard Disc Companion �5 FontFoundry 4000 Fonts Disc �10 Sibelius Music prog v6 �20 Assorted 150 ish shareware & magazine floppies �10 Educational ESM Kid Pix 2 floppy art prog �10 Wyddfa The Spoken Word 2 floppy art prog �10 Oak Solutions / Acorn The Genesis Collection �5 Longman Logotron Magpie �5 Hardware Acorn ARM 710 Upgrade �15 Acorn RiscOS 3.5 chips x 2 �15 All prices plus postage and packing In article <c02jpg$b50$1@titan.btinternet.com>, Richard Brown <rs.brown@btinternet.com> wrote: >...

iPod Give Away
Sign up for a free ipod! All you have to do is sign up for 1 offer (which you can later cancel, so its free, AOL seems to be the best choice) and sign up 5 other people. http://www.freeiPods.com/default.aspx?referer=7279332 ...

Giving away BOOKS
I'm cleaning my bookshelves and have dozens of Unix, Linux, networking, programming, Internet, etc. books to give away. If you live near Columbus, NJ (just south of Trenton), contact me for a pickup appointment. On Sunday night, they go into the recycling bin! On 07/28/2011 08:30 PM, Cy Burnot wrote: > I'm cleaning my bookshelves and have dozens of Unix, Linux, networking, > programming, Internet, etc. books to give away. > > If you live near Columbus, NJ (just south of Trenton), contact me for a > pickup appointment. > > On Sunday night, they go i...

Cards to give away
Hi group... Several months ago, I made a post asking if anyone knew what a pair of cards were. No one knew and one of them is heavily pitted. I put them up on eBay back then with no bidders. I'm willing to send these away for the cost of shipping to anyone that ones them. Here is a picture: http://www.onemanband.com/ebay/mysterycards.jpg I have the cables that go with it but no software or manuals. If you want it, email me with your address and I'll send you the shipping cost. Thanks! ]3ob On Jun 6, 6:44=A0pm, ]3ob <bob [ @ ] onemanband.com> wrote: > Hi group... > > Several months ago, I made a post asking if anyone knew what a pair of > cards were. No one knew and one of them is heavily pitted. I put them > up on eBay back then with no bidders. > > I'm willing to send these away for the cost of shipping to anyone that > ones them. > > Here is a picture: > > http://www.onemanband.com/ebay/mysterycards.jpg > > I have the cables that go with it but no software or manuals. > > If you want it, email me with your address and I'll send you the shipping= cost. > > Thanks! > > ]3ob The top one is a Disk II controller card. no idea what the second one is. On Jun 6, 10:56=A0pm, stlouisc...@yahoo.com wrote: > On Jun 6, 6:44=A0pm, ]3ob <bob [ @ ] onemanband.com> wrote: > > > > > > > Hi group... > > >...

A few bits of hardware for offers
Hi, I have a few more bits of Acorn hardware available for best offers: Arm710 card for RiscPC 2 slot backplane for RiscPC Net100 network card for RiscPC or A7000 without software! Postage will probably be about a pound each. Cheers! -- Graham My Website - http://www.thedeathzone.free-online.co.uk ...

TT030 to give away
I still have a TT with tower case, other Atari hardware like syquest and floppy external drive, together with a dozen of Mac LCs, Quadra 800 Performa and so on. I am in Italy, so I think nobody would come here this old stuff, but I already found some italian retrocomputerist that will come take all way, btw I write here in case there is anybody really interested in anything before it's too late. Long life to ST and TT ^__^ FamilyNet International Newsgate > From: "Mike De Petris" <mikedepetris@gmail.com> > I still have a TT with tower case, other Atari hardware like syquest and > floppy external drive, together with a dozen of Mac LCs, Quadra 800 Performa > and so on. > I am in Italy, so I think nobody would come here this old stuff, but I > already found some italian retrocomputerist that will come take all way, btw > I write here in case there is anybody really interested in anything before > it's too late. > Long life to ST and TT ^__^ So the TT030 has a home? :) If not, write me at drclu@swbell.net and maybe we can work something out. Doc Clu (Currently trying to get a TT030 up and running for Jaguar development... my goal for this year.) FamilyNet <> Internet Gated Mail http://www.familynet-international.org I'd pay for it's shipping to me on the first of the month. -- There are those who believe that life here, began out there, far across the u...

My hardware has gone away!
In a sense, and only some of it. After the recent security update & airport software update I suddenly don't have sound and wireless anymore. The software claims that no airport card is installed. Could that be a case of a malfunctioning daemon? Does anyone know which one? V. -- email: lastname at cs utk edu homepage: cs utk edu tilde lastname ...

Risc PC to give away.
Hi Folks, I have a 2 slice Risc PC to give away. I was only keeping it to access my old SCSI Epson GT 7000 scanner but have now got the scanner working with my Windows XP machine. The Risc PC has a SCSI card. A LG Studioworks 500 LCD Monitor. Cost me a fortune many years ago. Two Harddiscs one with IDEFS and the other with the Filesystem which came with the machine. Also got an Epson Stylus Photo 700 which I'll throw in. Does anyone want them? Pick up from South Manchester. First come first served. Email address is in my sig. -- Barry A. To reply by email:- barry d o t allen a t tal...

128 bit hardware support?
Question for Steve, Intel info says: Intel� Visual Fortran Compiler 10.1, Professional and Standard Editions for Windows* Support for the Latest Multi-Core Processors The Intel Fortran Compiler provides optimization support for the very latest multi-core processors, including: Intel� Core�2 Duo processor etc... Since these processors have 128 floating point SSE should we expect improved quad precision speed over using emulation ? Andy Andrew Smith wrote: (snip) > Since these processors have 128 floating point SSE should we expect > improved quad precision speed over using emul...

Acorn 32 bit clear out
Hi, I am having a big clearout of Acorn stuff that I no longer need, due to moving house I need to get rid of it so am looking to sell it off, not sure how much it is worth, if anyone is interested then let me know with an offer, any questions please ask and postage will be at cost, no more, not out to rip people off. Hopefully it will be of interest as I'd hate to have to chuck it in the skip. Here is the full list. Acorn 32 bit Stuff For Sale Some stuff is just discs, others have boxes and manuals, what they come with is listed - Powerband (2 discs) Enter The Realm (3 discs) Time Machine (5 discs) Arctist (2 discs) Grevous Bodily Arm (2 discs) Galactic Dan Wimp Game Inertia Quest For Gold (1 HD disc) Boogie Buggy (3 discs and Manual) X-Fire (2 discs and manual) Real McCoy 2 - (Apocalypse, Holed Out, Inertia & Olypmics) - Instructions for Apocalypse, Inertia & Olympics but no Holed Out Manual. Saloon Cars Deluxe (3 discs and manual) Saloon Cars (original release - 2 discs manual and box) Stunt Racer (2 discs- boxed and with manual) Swiv James Pond - Running Water (2 discs and manual) Hoverbod Bug Hunter & Moondash Bug Hunter In Space Kaptain Konflikt (Boxed with instructions) The Krisalis Collection - Pipemania, Mad Professor Mariati, Terramex and Revelation (boxed, manual and the discs verfied all OK) Eclipse Collection - Xenon II, Cycloids, F.R.E.D and Ixion (Boxed with all discs and manuals). ...

Giving away 2xModel 50z
HI, I have 2 Model 50z to give away in the UK. Including keyboards and 1 monitor. Both units were working, but not sure now. I keep forgetting the hard disk settings. Any interest? Graham Beniston ...

odd bits of hardware for sale
I've got some bits of hardware for sale - see http://sumeru.stanford.edu/tim/pooters/ROSForSale.txt for details. Oh, and an RPC SA on ebay at http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3044669321&category=16165&rd=1 .... which is currently at a mere �50. tim -- Tim Rowledge, tim@sumeru.stanford.edu, http://sumeru.stanford.edu/tim Backup not found! A)bort, R)etry or P)anic? ...

Some hardware bits before the dump intervenes
OK I have 5 A5000s here. All working. 4 with 4 meg, 1 with 2meg. Harddisks in all. Free as they are to anyone who wants to collect them (Milton Keynes) or pay the carriage. One is fitted with a Midi Max card. One has an Acorn DIY Replay card (can't find the disks for this but I do have copies on my HD of the necessary software and the Empire editing software.) One has a CC Laserdirect LB4 card (I also have the last CC printer drivers for this). If nobody wants the machines with the cards fitted I'd happily remove the cards and you can have them separately. Cheers Alan -- Alan Calder, Milton Keynes, UK. Hi, I am very interested in the 4 x 4mb A5000, happy to pay for courier collection, Regards, Paul. On 21 Mar, 15:11, Alan Calder <alan_cal...@orpheusmail.co.uk> wrote: > OK > > I have 5 A5000s here. All working. 4 with 4 meg, 1 with 2meg. Harddisks > in all. > > Free as they are to anyone who wants to collect them (Milton Keynes) or pay > the carriage. > > One is fitted with a Midi Max card. > One has an Acorn DIY Replay card (can't find the disks for this but I do > have copies on my HD of the necessary software and the Empire editing > software.) > One has a CC Laserdirect LB4 card (I also have the last CC printer drivers > for this). > > If nobody wants the machines with the cards fitted I'd happily remove the > cards and you can have them separately. > > Cheers > Alan > >...

Web resources about - Bits to give away - comp.sys.acorn.hardware

Bits of Freedom - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Bits Of Freedom is an independent Dutch digital rights foundation, which focus on privacy and communications freedom in the digital age. The ...

Technology - Bits Blog - NYTimes.com
The Bits blog from the New York Times reports on the technology industry, including start-ups, the Internet, enterprise and gadgets

NYT Bits Blog (@nytimesbits) on Twitter
Sign in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here NYT Bits Blog @ nytimesbits ...

Shakespeare In Bits for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store
Get Shakespeare In Bits on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Breaking a Nvidia GeForce 4 Ti : Bits and Pieces 2/3 - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
[cc0/pd] For www.facebook.com/events/401052623297997 The hardware was defective, so I put it to good use.

Interpreters and Compilers (Bits and Bytes, Episode 6) - YouTube
This animation explains the difference between interpreters and compilers. It is from Episode 6 of the classic 1983 television series, Bits and ...

Bits of black bear found in Chinese medicine
Some Chinese medicines contain potentially poisonous plants, unlabelled ingredients and bits of endangered animals, a study has found, prompting ...

《满满的都是爱 Love You To Bits》
话说,欧美的僵尸游戏非常多,其中比较出名的就是EA的《植物大战僵尸》系列了,再有就是《行尸走肉》系列了,这个星期《行尸走肉》的新作上架啦,游戏是以刀女米琼恩为主角的,《满满的都是爱 Love You To Bits》

Where Hollywood Sees Art, Silicon Valley Sees 'Bits & Bytes'; Who's Winning?
... in the past, AllThingsD&#39;s Kara Swisher tells TheWrap&#39;s Sharon Waxman at TheGrill Where Hollywood sees art, Silicon Valley sees bits, ...

Gen Z's Data Obsession: Bits and Bytes Are the New Commodity
... is not expensive, the real cost of entry into the mobile market can be attributed to data. In a hyper-connected mobile-everything world, bits ...