Canon Pixma iP4600 Printer

Does anyone have experience of using this model of USB connected printer
on Iyonix (RISC OS 5.13) ?

So far I have tried with the printer plugged into the Iyonix on boot up.
The computer does its POST, but stops at the "no keyboard" message and
sits for a good minute, before continuing to the Desktop, but without any
extras loaded (I have a Filer window open, and AppDoc load on boot). After
a further half minute or so the hard disc runs and boot completes.

However the machine locks up almost as soon as I try to do anything, such
as open a directory, or run !Printers, and I end up hitting Reset.

If I unplug the printer before switching the Iyonix on then boot proceeds
as normal. Pluging the Printer's USB cable in results in instant machine
freeze.

I suspect the advice is "don't even think of using this printer except via
the Wintel machine", but I live in hopes.

Martin Hodgson

0
marthodgson (177)

In article <5038453cbfmarthodgson@freeuk.com>, Martin Hodgson
<marthodgson@freeuk.com> wrote:
> Does anyone have experience of using this model of USB connected
> printer on Iyonix (RISC OS 5.13) ?

Not me.

> So far I have tried with the printer plugged into the Iyonix on boot
> up. The computer does its POST, but stops at the "no keyboard" message
> and sits for a good minute.

[Snip]

Any USB device that holds up boot should be put on a USB hub as they are
looked at later on in the sequence.

[Snip]

> If I unplug the printer before switching the Iyonix on then boot
> proceeds as normal. Pluging the Printer's USB cable in results in
> instant machine freeze.

That's not very promising. Try it on a hub, move the hub to the adjacent
USB socket if it doesn't work initially.

HTH,
Ian

--
Ian Hamilton (Iyonix RO5)  http://www.hamiltoni.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/
0
   Ian Hamilton <Ian.Hamilton@AAUG.net> wrote:
> In article <5038453cbfmarthodgson@freeuk.com>, Martin Hodgson
> <marthodgson@freeuk.com> wrote:
> > Does anyone have experience of using this model of USB connected
> > printer on Iyonix (RISC OS 5.13) ?

> Not me.

> > So far I have tried with the printer plugged into the Iyonix on boot
> > up. The computer does its POST, but stops at the "no keyboard" message
> > and sits for a good minute.

> [Snip]

> Any USB device that holds up boot should be put on a USB hub as they are
> looked at later on in the sequence.

> [Snip]

> > If I unplug the printer before switching the Iyonix on then boot
> > proceeds as normal. Pluging the Printer's USB cable in results in
> > instant machine freeze.

> That's not very promising. Try it on a hub, move the hub to the adjacent
> USB socket if it doesn't work initially.

> HTH,
> Ian

It works !
Perfectly !

I have a 4 port USB 1 hub, into which my mouse and keyboard are plugged.
Using this for the printer connection I can now either boot up with the
printer connected, or I can plug the printer into the already running
Iyonix.

Either way the computer continues to run properly, and I can print text
and graphics using the PXiP4600 printer definition file which is provided
with Gutenprint.

The Gutenprint Canon PDFs are a work in progress, so printing photographs
at high quality is not yet possible, but text is perfect, and simple
colour graphics are entirely possible.

Thank you Ian for your brilliant idea. It seems as if the hub is not only
delaying the USB enumeration, but is also acting as some kind of buffer
between printer and computer.

Martin Hodgson

0
marthodgson (177)

Canon Pixma Mp160 Printer
Canon Pixma MP470 Photo All-In-One Inkjet Printer (2177B002) Price:$99.99 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B000SQ5N4Y Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B000SQ5N4Y Genuine Canon PG-40 CL-41 Ink Cartridge Set for Pixma ip1600 ip1700 ip1800 ip2600 MP140 MP150 MP160 MP170 MP180 MP190 MP210 MP450 MP460 MP470 MX300 MX310 Price:$56.99 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B0025HW7FC Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B0025HW7FC Canon Pixma MP210 Photo All-In-One Inkjet Printer (2175B002) Price:$79.99 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B0...

Canon Pixma Printer Ink
5-Pack Non-OEM Ink w/ Chip for Canon PGI-5BK CLI-8 Pixma MP500 MP530 MP600 MP800 iP4200 iP4300 iP4500 iP5200 iP5200 Price:$8.91 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B001IO6DEY Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B001IO6DEY Canon Pixma Pro9000 Professional Large Format Inkjet Printer (9995A001) Price:$499.99 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B000J1HPK8 Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B000J1HPK8 6 Pack (3xBlack + 1 of Each Color) Compatible Ink w/ Chip for Canon Pixma iP3300 iP3500 MP510 MX700 PGI-5BK CLI-8 Price:$21.45 Image: http://bestdea...

Canon Pixma Photo Printer
Canon PIXMA MX860 Wireless All-In-One Photo Printer Price:$199.97 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B001R4C5BK Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B001R4C5BK Canon MP480 All-in-One Photo Printer Price:$99.99 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B001DJ6BW8 Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B001DJ6BW8 Canon iP4600 Inkjet Photo Printer (2909B002) Price:$99.97 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B001DJ6DH6 Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B001DJ6DH6 Canon MP980 Wireless All-in-One Photo Printer Price:$349.00 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B001DJ6C2W Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B001DJ6C2W Canon iP100 Mobile Photo Printer (1446B002BA) Price:$299.99 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B0012W9APQ Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B0012W9APQ Canon PIXMA MX330 Inkjet All-In-One Printer Price:$129.97 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B001R4C5VK Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B001R4C5VK Canon PIXMA MX700 Office All-On-One Inkjet Printer Price:$199.99 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B000V2TTNG Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B000V2TTNG Canon iP3600 Inkjet Photo Printer (2868B002) Price:$89.99 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B001DJ9PY4 Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B001DJ9PY4 Canon Pixma iP2600 Photo Inkjet Printer (2435B002) Price:$49.99 Image: ht...

Canon Pixma Photo Printer Ip1700
Canon Pixma iP2600 Photo Inkjet Printer (2435B002) Price:$49.99 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B0012S52YS Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B0012S52YS Canon Pixma iP1800 Photo Inkjet Printer (1855B002) Price:$49.99 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B000NNCL3I Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B000NNCL3I Canon PIXMA iP1700 Photo Inkjet Printer (Gray) Price:$49.99 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B000GUQ2V0 Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B000GUQ2V0 Canon PIXMA iP3300 Inkjet Printer ...

New CANON Printers for old Acorns
9th December 2005 NEW CANON PRINTERS FOR OLD ACORNS ================================= Castle announces today a that they have a small quantity of the Canon IP4000 high speed colour bubble jet printers available for sale. In addition to a modern USB connector, the IP4000 also has a parallel port making them ideal for older Acorn computers as well as IYONIX pcs. These brand new IP4000 printers come with: 1. Parallel data cable. 2. USB data cable. 3. RISC OS printer driver. 4. Castle's 'pop-up !Printers' application. Detailed IP4000 features are available on line at: http://www...

What language does Canon Pixma printers use?
Many years ago, I wrote a program to print documents to my HP printer filling up the page; it adjusted the font size so the document would be inthe largest possible font. This involved calculations, and translating them into PCL language (the HP Printer Control Language) to print the document. I found my "Fullpage" program very useful over the years. Now I have bought a Canon printer and I'd like to be able to do the same thing with it. Can anyone tell me what print control language the Canon recognizes? On Nov 23, 8:56 am, Gary <gary...@hotmail.com>...

I'm trying to decide between a Canon i860 and a Canon MP360. The MP360 is a printer/scanner/copier while the i860 is a Photo Printer. I've compared the two units closely and can't see many differences, except the i850 uses 4 cartridges instead of the usual 2 and is a bit faster. They both can print borderless photos, can print on photo paper, and print 4800x1200 dpi. Plus they are about the same price on newegg.com. Are there any features that the i860 has that the MP360 doesn't? Otherwise why not get the MP360 and get a scanner too. any info would be appreciated. Canon i860 http://www.usa.canon.com/html/conCprProductDetail.jsp?modelid=9387&item=9442&section=10214 Canon MP360 http://www.usa.canon.com/html/conCprProductDetail.jsp?modelid=9527&item=9632&section=10223 Most people BUY a product based on how THEY will use the product. Maybe the first think you need to do sort out is your own imaging needs. "sydemon" <sydegun@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:49cf01cc.0405051118.15975f6@posting.google.com... : I'm trying to decide between a Canon i860 and a Canon MP360. The : MP360 is a printer/scanner/copier while the i860 is a Photo Printer. : I've compared the two units closely and can't see many differences, : except the i850 uses 4 cartridges instead of the usual 2 and is a bit : faster. They both can print borderless photos, can print on photo : paper, and print 4800x1200 dpi...

canon-pixma-ip1000 perbaiki-canon-ip-4000 resetter-pixma-ip-1000
sumber diambil dari http://printer-resetter.blogspot.com http://resettercanon.blogspot.com http://canonresetter.fortunebisnis.com canon-pixma-ip1000 perbaiki-canon-ip-4000 resetter-pixma-ip-1000 cache:odMImodLnt0J:www.canonresetter.fortunebisnis.com/service/ reset.html-reset-canon-i250 free-download-best-software-resetter- printer mereset-ip-1000 pixmaip1000 reset-printer free-download- software-canon-pixma-ip1000 panduan-servis-canon-ip1000 download- Resetter-Printer-Canon-Sekarang-Juga download-Resetter-Printer-Canon- Sekarang-Juga download-software-canon-pixma-iP100 canon-pixma-10...

Canon Pixma Ip90 Photo Inkjet Printer
Canon iP100 Mobile Photo Printer (1446B002BA) Price:$299.99 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B0012W9APQ Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B0012W9APQ Canon PIXMA iP90v Photo Inkjet Printer (2238B002) Price:$249.99 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B000NNEKZ0 Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B000NNEKZ0 Canon PIXMA iP90 Photo Inkjet Printer (9466A001) Price:$249.99 Image: http://bestdealfinder.us/image.php?id=B0002OG6L6 Best deal: http://bestdealfinder.us/index.php?id=B0002OG6L6 6pk Compatible Canon (3)BCI-15 Blac...

Canon Pixma IP3000 printer ink question
Basically, I`m looking at getting one of these printers, but spotted 2 different black ink carts, the BCI-3eBk and the BCI-6. The BCI-3eBK seems to be slightly more expensive than the BCI-6. Anyone got a clue what the difference is? Also, I was looking at an Epson R200 - is there any reason I should be panicking to cancel my order for a Canon and go for the Epson? -- What am I selling on ebay right now? http://tinyurl.com/38yjc Earn money reading emails! http://tinyurl.com/2pcgm Simon Finnigan wrote: >Basically, I`m looking at getting one of these printers, but spotted 2 >different black ink carts, the BCI-3eBk and the BCI-6. The BCI-3eBK seems >to be slightly more expensive than the BCI-6. Anyone got a clue what the >difference is? Yes, but it doesn't apply to the iP3000, which uses four ink tanks, specifically the BCI-3eBk and three BCI-6(c/m/y). The BCI-6b is a dye-based photo black. The BCI-3eBk is a pigment-based black for text. The 3e is larger and has a higher ink volume. >Also, I was looking at an Epson R200 - is there any reason I should be >panicking to cancel my order for a Canon and go for the Epson? Perhaps...have you considered the life expectancy of the printhead in the Canon printer and replacement cost? Personally I prefer the HP models because the printhead is part of the ink cartridge. You never have to worry about clogging or failure. I had a Canon i850 (previous model to the i...

Canon Pixma Printers using compatable carts
Hi Which of the Canon Pixma iP printers will take compatable carts Needs to be CD/DVD print capable I'm in the UK -- Martin ���� The word compatible is meaning less except for the fact they will physically fit. Martin ���� somewhere@in-time.invalid wrote: >Hi >Which of the Canon Pixma iP printers will take compatable carts >Needs to be CD/DVD print capable >I'm in the UK > > ...

UPDATE: "Problem with Canon Pixma ip4000 printer"
I received a brand-new (refurbished? not sure) ip4000 Pixma tonight from Canon, even though my defective one was two weeks past warranty. And yes, it came with a new print head and new ink. So, thanks to this excellent customer service, my opinion on Canon has done a 180: (reversing my earlier, knee-jerk vow) I will definitely continue buying Canon products. Shnaggletooth shnaggletooth@yahoo.com wrote: >I received a brand-new (refurbished? not sure) ip4000 Pixma tonight >from Canon, even though my defective one was two weeks past warranty. >And yes, it came with a new p...

Canon Pixma IP6210D Printer
Welp! I dew like this hyar'n... BUTT... I have refilled the black catridge and hit still don't print black. I done it a few time befour .... and it worked ... BUTT .... this time I don't. Done the deeeeep cleaning thang a few times .... BUTT ... Now cain't some bidy hep this pore man?? Thank yew kind innernet loiterers. Guv Bob PS - I kin spend up to $4.99. Guv Bob wrote: > Welp! I dew like this hyar'n... BUTT... I have refilled the black catridge > and hit still don't print black. I done it a few time befour .... and it > worked ... BUTT .... this time I don't. Done the deeeeep cleaning thang a > few times .... BUTT ... > > Now cain't some bidy hep this pore man?? > > Thank yew kind innernet loiterers. > > Guv Bob > > PS - I kin spend up to $4.99. > > > From what I can see the print cartridge for this model is just an ink container with the print electronics being attached to the frame the cartridge mounts into. Epson printers are similar. You have the print cartridge in hand so you can determine this. If the electronics and print head are on the cartridge itself, then a new one should do the trick. If you allow the printer to set for even a brief period after the ink is exhausted the ink dries in the print head and replacing the "container" with new ink or inking the old one doesn't dislodge it. A canon serv...

Canon ip8500 Pixma Printer / AlBook Running Tiger / Problems
I have a Canon ip8500 Pixma printer connected to a 17" AlBook (most recent version) running Tiger. There are two items of software that come with the printer, a driver, and a photo printing program that allows the printer to exploit all eight color inks. The driver installer hangs about half way through, but it appears that the driver is installed as I can select the printer and print. The photo printing program installs, but hangs upon launch. I've checked the Canon website and there is no mention of any problem with the printer software and Tiger. Has anyone else had this kind of problem, and if so, have they found a solution? -- James L. Ryan -- TaliesinSoft ...

Russian website which had a service manual for the Canon Pixma IP3000 bubblejet printer.
Hello all. Some of the long standing subscribers to this news group will probably remember details of this Russian website. I'm probably going back more than one year. Thanks in advance for that info. BTW, any other source of supply will be appreciated. Sylvain. If you fancy a good ol' browse have a look on the old boards, the one before this came into being... here's the link http://www.howtofixcomputers.com/bb/forum39.html... Note:This is read only davy Did you mean this one - 'Service Manuals' (http://www.eserviceinfo.com/) "...

Canon Pixma printers: ink cartridges, print-head cleaners
I've just bought a Canon Pixma iP3000 printer and would like advice ink cartidges and print-head care. Considering costs for genuine Canon cartridges vs. generic it seems to me that the latter would be more cost effective - providing they don't ruin the printheads. And what about the print-head cleaning cartridges I've seen advertised. Do they work? If so, occasional use of these cleaning cartridges might make up for whatever risks using generic cartridges might entail. Or so I have been figuring. I'd appreciate advice from someone who has had experience with these printers, e.g.: 1) What generic cartridges are considered of 'good quality'? Any recommendations of websites or companies? Considering that the printheads are not disposable, how likely is it that a good quality generic cartridge will clog up the printheads? 2) Are there sources for genuine Canon cartridges which offer some discount off of retail prices? 3) Re/ print head cleaning: I've seen fluids offered as well as cartridges filled with cleaner/solvent. Do these things work? I'm thinking that occasional preventative maintenence might be a good idea. Thanks, Dorian "Dorian" <DorianLS2@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1115271929.121480.311760@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > I've just bought a Canon Pixma iP3000 printer and would like advice ink > cartidges and print-head care. Considering costs for genuine ...

Adding paper size presets for Canon PIXMA printer Easy-Print software?
The Canon PIXMA printers come with Easy-Photo Print software. This has a few preset paper sizes on the Paper selection menu. Can you add another size to this page? I have some photo paper which is standard A4 size (Letter Size) but twice as long as the normal pages. That is 8.3 in x 23.4 in (210 mm x 594 mm). -- Thanks in advance ...

FA: Canon PIXMA iP1800 Inkjet Printer USB New Open Box
FA: Canon PIXMA iP1800 Inkjet Printer USB New Open Box http://shop.ebay.com/gp3waterfall/m.html?_trksid=p4340.l2562 ...

Requesting Help with Injet Printer Selection
Hi, I need a replacement multifunction inkjet printer (print/scan but fax isn't necessary). I've owned two HP multifunction printers, most recently HP 2351, but both of them developed paper feed problems. After spending a couple of hours trying to fix it, including browsing the HP website, I decided to cut my losses and get a new printer. I mainly print text and only occasionally use color and infrequently print photos and scan infrequently but need good results when I use it. Can I refill the inkjet cartridges on the HP C5180 and the Canon Pixma MP530? If so, which ink is recommended? I read pigment inks are best. CNET prefers the Pixma MP530 over the C5180. I'd like to hear from people who have used these printers. Thanks, Mike Mike i just junked an hp3210 all in one because of paper feed problems .. got a canon pixma 530 and it is doing fine .. feeds great and prints pictures very well .. there is a learning curve with this printer due to having 2 feeds but i am doing fine now .. i would always recommend canon over hp paul "Mike" <1234@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:owHih.4085$Iy5.2783@trnddc01... > Hi, I need a replacement multifunction inkjet printer (print/scan but fax > isn't necessary). > I've owned two HP multifunction printers, most recently HP 2351, but both > of them developed > paper feed problems. After spending a couple of hours trying ...

Canon Pixma iP6700D @ canon estore
Some people have been asking about this model. http://estore.usa.canon.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10051&storeId=10051&productId=205252&langId=-1&parent_category_rn=17251&top_category=12054 As a referb it's presently onsale for $40 plus shipping. The reason to be interested is not only the relativly low price, but the fact that canon seems to be abandoning a 6 tank inkjet, and in fact the Pixma MX970 IIRC doesn't use light cyan / magenta. I'm pretty pleased with mine, so I'm not going to bother, but the price is righ...

FS: CANON (GENUINE, NEW/not used)
Posted on Ebay, item# 330331170291. Goto www.ebay.com & enter this item# 330331170291 into search window (or item# window); BUY NOW OPTION is AVAILABLE, i.e. NO need to wait for Auction ending. Do NOT reply on Newsgroups (I just posted here, but may not read) - instead contact via Ebay (best) or Email; if you insist on emailing and see "NOJUNK" strings in my address (or something to that effect) - REMOVE THEM before hitting send! (these are sometimes added to prevent SPAM, i.e. people who "harvest" addresses off Newsgroups). My Ebay feedback is 100% positive, not to mention 13 YEARS of Newsgroups trading without complains, and it's best to deal via Ebay though will respond to regular email also. Please read description there, but a few facts are copied here: 1) NEW (sealed) Canon cartridges for their portable printers: BJC50/55/70/80/85/30 & other CANON. GENUINE CANON (made in Japan, from CompUSA before it went out of business here). Not fakes which dry out before expiration or damage/ spill into printers - I tried one of generics some years ago, and the money I thought would save, were wasted as they were discovered to be dry (unusable) prior to expiration. I am not one of those people "attached" to specific brands, but learned a hard lesson with inkjet cartridges, unlike Laser toners which are OK even if generic. 2) Plus free BJC-series printers LiIon (lithium-Ion) battery, part# LB50 I don't...

FS: Misc Acorn (and non-Acorn) hardware
Like Peter Naulls yesterday, I'm trying to get rid of my remaining Risc PC and the related hardware. I've put them on eBay. The Acorn-specific items are: Acorn Risc PC StrongARM 233 MHz + Power-tec SCSI http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202188067 i-cubed EtherLan600 for Acorn Risc PC/A7000 http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202186713 Acorn Risc PC power supply, backplane and screws http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202185817 RISC OS Select http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202184767 STD PS2Mouse for Acorn Risc PC http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202183392 Acorn MEU + Plextor PlexWriter RW 4220 internal SCSI http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202182624 Graphic tablet PaintPal Deluxe http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202181086 The rest is not Acorn-specific but was connected to either a Risc PC or a Iyonix and therefore may be of interest here as well: Mitsumi FA402M 3.5" Floppy and 7in1 Media Drive http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202179719 Sony 3.5" Floppy MPF 920 http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202177159 ELSA MicroLink ISDN 4U Router/Hub http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5777800061 Iomega ZIP 100 Drive external SCSI http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202173954 HP ScanJet 3c SCSI http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...

Web resources about - Canon Pixma iP4600 Printer - comp.sys.acorn.hardware

3D Printer - Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Printer error foiled billion-dollar bank heist
A Philippine bank manager who approved funds transfers at the centre of an attempted $US1 billion ($AU1.3 billion) international cyber heist ...

Printer error foiled billion-dollar bank heist
A Philippine bank manager who approved funds transfers at the centre of an attempted $US1 billion ($AU1.3 billion) international cyber heist ...

How is this top-notch wireless printer, scanner, copier and fax machine just $80?
... team so you know exactly where to look. We've got a bunch of great deals for you to check out today, and this bargain on the Brother Printer ...

Here's how to trick a fingerprint scanner in just 15 minutes with nothing but a printer and some fancy ...
It's possible to trick a smartphone's fingerprint scanner with just 15 minutes, a regular inkjet printer, and some special ink. Researchers ...