Copy files from Acorn Risc Hard Drive to PC ?

I have been asked by a friend to rescue some sibelius files from an old
Acorn Risc hard drive - can I just plug this onto a normal IDE connector in
a PC and copy them from within Windows ? Or is there some other way ?

Thanks for any help.

Regards
0
isissoft1 (3)

In message <Xns9AB8B56D879FCisissoft@193.202.122.104>
          Isis <isissoft@NOSPAMbtinternet.com> wrote:

> I have been asked by a friend to rescue some sibelius files from an old
> Acorn Risc hard drive - can I just plug this onto a normal IDE connector in
> a PC and copy them from within Windows ? Or is there some other way ?

In outline, you'll either need to plug the drive into a RISC OS
computer, or into a PC chassis running Linux, with an add-on to read
the files.

As far as I know you can't read them under Windows.

(There might be something related to Red Squirrel/Virtual Acorn, but i
suspect you'd need the emulator for that to work.)

no doubt you'll get more precise/accurate answers soon.

--
Alan Adams, from Northamptonshire
alan.adams@orchard-way.freeserve.co.uk
On Mon, 09 Jun 2008 16:50:16 +0000, Isis wrote:

> I have been asked by a friend to rescue some sibelius files from an old
> Acorn Risc hard drive - can I just plug this onto a normal IDE connector
> in a PC and copy them from within Windows ? Or is there some other way ?

Windows does not support the file system that RISC OS, Acorn's operating
system, uses - let along the partitioning scheme.

You may get some mileage booting a Linux live CD, as it has support for
both the file system and the partitioning scheme.

B.
0
nntp550 (4244)
6/9/2008 5:31:29 PM
If you are after a Risc PC to plug it into there is one on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3D200230307569

It's a higher spec machine than you need and it'll go for around =A380
but
you could resell it after you have extracted what you want.

Regards,
Martin Hansen.

http://www.riscoscode.com

http:www.mathmagical.co.uk
0
mhh (336)

FS: Acorn Risc PC (with RISC OS 4.29)
I am selling my Risc PC on EBay. From reading the FAQ it seems it's ok to advertise hardware on c.a.s.apps, hopefully no one objects. The machine is a good spec, and runs RISC 0S 4.29. It also has a really great software bundle, particularly if you are into graphics. A quick overview: Machine Spec Risc PC 600, RISC OS 4.29, StrongARM, 48MB RAM (44 free), 2MB VRAM, 6GB HDD, CD-ROM drive, Ethernet fitted. (Software highlights: TopModel2, Artworks, Composition (Compo), Photodesk, Studio 24 Pro, Impression Style, Writer, Easy C++, OmniClient, LanMan 98, ANT Internet Suite I & II, many games and other software) The link is: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=015&item=250018157895&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1 Apologies for the (slight) crosspost between here and apps. Thanks, Max ...

RISC PC and 'seeing' PC format hard drive
X-no-archive: yes Is there any way to get a Risc PC to "see" a IDE FAT formatted PC hard drive? I take it some piece of software is required because at the moment I only get an error message. I am trying to transfer some files across to the PC and although the Risc PC has ethernet, I've been unable to get that to work at all (that could also be a possibility if I could get it working). Thanks for any insight. In message <3obgq6F57h9nU1@individual.net> Graham <me@privacy.net> wrote: > Is there any way to get a Risc PC to "see" a IDE FAT formatted PC hard > drive? I take it some piece of software is required because at the > moment I only get an error message. > > I am trying to transfer some files across to the PC and although the > Risc PC has ethernet, I've been unable to get that to work at all (that > could also be a possibility if I could get it working). Three methods spring to mind that I currently use: 1) Network both Risc PC and PC via a router using !Omni (needs setting up). 2) Use a Pen Drive, needs USB on both machines. 3) Floppy disc. Regards, Martin. -- Martin Wynn Martin Wynn wrote: > In message <3obgq6F57h9nU1@individual.net> > Graham <me@privacy.net> wrote: > > > >>Is there any way to get a Risc PC to "see" a IDE FAT formatted PC hard >>drive? I take it some piece of software is required because at the >&g...

FS: Misc Acorn (and non-Acorn) hardware
Like Peter Naulls yesterday, I'm trying to get rid of my remaining Risc PC and the related hardware. I've put them on eBay. The Acorn-specific items are: Acorn Risc PC StrongARM 233 MHz + Power-tec SCSI http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202188067 i-cubed EtherLan600 for Acorn Risc PC/A7000 http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202186713 Acorn Risc PC power supply, backplane and screws http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202185817 RISC OS Select http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202184767 STD PS2Mouse for Acorn Risc PC http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202183392 Acorn MEU + Plextor PlexWriter RW 4220 internal SCSI http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202182624 Graphic tablet PaintPal Deluxe http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202181086 The rest is not Acorn-specific but was connected to either a Risc PC or a Iyonix and therefore may be of interest here as well: Mitsumi FA402M 3.5" Floppy and 7in1 Media Drive http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202179719 Sony 3.5" Floppy MPF 920 http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202177159 ELSA MicroLink ISDN 4U Router/Hub http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5777800061 Iomega ZIP 100 Drive external SCSI http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202173954 HP ScanJet 3c SCSI http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...

Wanted: Acorn/RISC OS Browser & Mail Client Recommendations for RISC PC
Does anyone know if either Firefox 2 or Pluto will run - albeit somewhat slowly - on a RISC PC with RISC OS 6? Will Firefox 2 or Pluto function on pre-RISC OS 6 platforms? If the answer is 'no' to all the above then what Acorn/RISC OS Browsers & Mail Clients are recommended for use on the RISC PC? At the moment I am using NetSurf 1v1 and have no mail client ... the formatting of some web-pages by NetSurf leaves a lot to be desired - including the comp.sys.acorn.misc discussion listings ... I am currently using a Kinetic RISC OS 4.37/RISC OS Select 3i3 (11 Aug 2003) RISC PC. ...

Risc PC hard drive
Hi All I have a vague recollection that when replacing the hard disc on my Risc PC the process was to add the new one as a second hard drive then drag and drop whatever was needed from old to new. What I cannot recall is how you attach the second hard drive? Any guidance welcome. -- Tim In article <3e1c3dce51.Tim@lynndene.demon.co.uk>, Tim <Tim@lynndene.demon.co.uk> wrote: > I have a vague recollection that when replacing the hard disc on my Risc > PC the process was to add the new one as a second hard drive then drag > and drop whatever was needed from old to new. > What I cannot recall is how you attach the second hard drive? Any > guidance welcome. Usually one uses the power and ribbon from the CD. If there isn't one it's a bit more difficult. John -- John Williams, Brittany, Northern France - no attachments to these addresses! Non-RISC OS posters change user to johnrwilliams or put 'risc' in subject! Who is John Williams? http://petit.four.free.fr/picindex/author/ In message <a2b63fce51.jess@itworkshop.invalid> Jess <phantasm_39@hotmail.com> wrote: > In message <51ce3eb28bUCEbin@tiscali.co.uk> > "John Williams (News)" <UCEbin@tiscali.co.uk> wrote: > > > In article <3e1c3dce51.Tim@lynndene.demon.co.uk>, Tim > > <Tim@lynndene.demon.co.uk> wrote: > > >> I have a vague recollection that when replacing the hard disc on ...

Copying from PC and back to Acorn
Hi I'm trying to copy some files from my A5000 onto my PC - virtual acorn A5000 emulator. I don't have a floppy drive on my PC, besides its too small. I have around 330 Meg on the A5000 that I want to copy into VA5000. I've tried a pararell port CD writer but failed to find anything that gets it working in RiscOS. And also failed at getting a zip drive 100 working between the two machines. Riscos will only write and read ADFS but not the DOS format, and obsioudsy windows doesn't like ADFS format. Any ideas - don't want to get a network card for Riscos as they are all expensive - more than the A5000 is even worth. Even thought about contenting together via a Pararell port cable but again don't know what software can be used - if any? Thanks. Rich --- avast! Antivirus: Outbound message clean. Virus Database (VPS): 0601-3, 06/01/2006 Tested on: 08/01/2006 20:05:26 avast! - copyright (c) 1988-2005 ALWIL Software. http://www.avast.com On Sun, 08 Jan 2006 20:05:26 +0000, Rich <richdotward@gmail.com> wrote: >I'm trying to copy some files from my A5000 onto my PC - virtual acorn >A5000 emulator. > >[...] > >Even thought about contenting together via a Pararell port cable but >again don't know what software can be used - if any? http://web.inter.nl.net/users/J.Kortink/home/software/zerilink/index.htm John Kortink -- Email : kortink@inter.nl.net Homepage : http://www.inter.nl.net/users/J.Kortink In me...

Solaris10 Update 10: Unable to copy large file from external hard drive to system disk drive
All, I am unable to copy a large file from my seagate external hard drive(NTFS) to user directory on my Solaris10U10 system. However, I am able to copy a small file say 2GB without a hitch. Please let me know how do I overcome the limitation (if any of OS or NTFS) of copying large size file on this system? The file I am trying to copy is of 14 GB and I can't split the file as this is a virtual box based ova image file. Thanks in advance for all your help. On 10/ 6/12 09:02 PM, pariti wrote: > All, > > I am unable to copy a large file from my seagate external hard > drive(NTFS) to user directory on my Solaris10U10 system. However, I > am able to copy a small file say 2GB without a hitch. > > Please let me know how do I overcome the limitation (if any of OS or > NTFS) of copying large size file on this system? The file I am trying > to copy is of 14 GB and I can't split the file as this is a virtual > box based ova image file. > > Thanks in advance for all your help. > > How were you trying to copy it, and what was the error ? -- Bruce Porter "The internet is a huge and diverse community but mainly friendly" http://blog.maui.co.uk/index.php/ytc/ There *is* an alternative! http://www.openoffice.org/ pariti <pardeep77_sharma@yahoo.com> wrote: > I am unable to copy a large file from my seagate external hard drive(NTFS) to user directory on my Solaris10U10 system. However, ...

80GB hard drive on a Risc PC
Hi all, I'm going slightly mad trying to get a Seagate ST3802110A 80GB hard drive to go in a RISC OS 4.02 machine. Using two partitions 40GB, at first it was working fine on a Simtec IDE card until the Simtec card died and then I moved it to the motherboard IDE. Machine seemed to work OK until I came to copy files around on the hard drive and I got "data lost" errors and errors about a bad free space and disc error 20. DiscKnight said there was no problem with the disc. The problem is worse if a Sony CD ROM drive is a slave on the IDE bus. I decided to copy all the data off the drive and then I used HForm (v2.56) to format it. HForm immediately said that the cylinder count reported by the drive doesn't correlate to the LBA size and corrected the number to something lower. I accepted the defaults HForm came up with except I used half the number of corrected cylinders in order to create a partition that was around 38GB. At the end of HForm when it tries to write the map it can sometimes produce disc error 20. Is it possible to make this disc work with ADFS or not? Cheers, -- Steven Web pages: http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/~acorn/ Steve's law: You have to have at least 8 cylinders under the hood otherwise life, is just regular. .... Look at all the Indians! - General Custer Steven Sykes wrote: > Hi all, > > I'm going slightly mad trying to get a Seagate ST3802110A 80GB hard > drive to go in a RISC OS 4.02 machine....

New hard Drive for RISC PC?
I am getting a new Hard Drive for my RISC PC, iv found one I think is suitable on Dabs. http://www.dabs.com/ProductView.aspx?Quicklinx=4MQ3&CategorySelectedId=11154&PageMode=1&NavigationKey=11154,41610000,45540000&InMerch=1 Am I right in thinking this would work with the RISC PC? Thanks, Mike On 10-Sep-2007, Mike Carter <mike@carter.mihopa.net> wrote: > I am getting a new Hard Drive for my RISC PC, iv found one I think is > suitable on Dabs. > > http://www.dabs.com/ProductView.aspx?Quicklinx=4MQ3&CategorySelectedId=11154&PageMode=1&NavigationKey=11154,41610000,45540000&InMerch=1 > > Am I right in thinking this would work with the RISC PC? No, it won't work connected to a RiscPC motherboard. -- David Holden - APDL - <http://www.apdl.co.uk> On 10 Sep 2007 Mike Carter <mike@carter.mihopa.net> wrote: > I am getting a new Hard Drive for my RISC PC, iv found one I think is > suitable on Dabs. > http://www.dabs.com/ProductView.aspx?Quicklinx=4MQ3&CategorySelectedId > =11154&PageMode=1&NavigationKey=11154,41610000,45540000&InMerch=1 > Am I right in thinking this would work with the RISC PC? A 7200rpm is a complete waste on a Risc PC. Go for a lower power and quieter 5400rpm. ---druck -- The ARM Club Free Software - http://www.armclub.org.uk/free/ The 32bit Conversions Page - http://www.quantumsoft.co.uk/druck/ On 10 Sep, druck <news@druck.freeuk.com...

Acorn -> PC file transfer
Hi All I've had this problem before, and I *thought* I had solved it. If I take a Word file that has arrived by email to my Acorn - say it's Letter/doc - and I transfer it across to my laptop using ShareFS, all is well, and it arrives as Letter.doc. (PDF files are OK too.) So far so good. However, if I take an *EPS* file that has arrived by email to my Acorn - say it's Picture/eps - and I transfer it across to my laptop using ShareFS, it arrives as Picture.eps,ff5. Now, I know (think?!) it's something to do with MimeMap, and I've looked at the MimeMap file in !Boot.R...

Acorn URI for Netsurf
Hi everybody. My Iyonix has died so I've reverted to the RISC PC until I can get some web design software for my iMac. Then, sorry to say, it will be bye-bye RISC OS for me :-( Meanwhile, I'm trying to do web design on the RISC PS. I'd forgotten just how bad Webster XL is and I've been trying to set up Netsurf, but I can't find a site from which I can download Acorn URI 0.12. I've downloaded a newer version, but this destroyed things completely and the computer wouldn't even boot properly. I've since removed that and would appreciate help getting version 0.12. Mark Syder (like the drink but spelt different) On 13 Aug 2006, Mark Syder wrote: > My Iyonix has died I assume you have already contacted Castle to see if it can be fixed? Might it also be worth explaining in what way this has happened/what's actually wrong with it in case anyone can help? (on csahardware, though, obviously) [...] > Meanwhile, I'm trying to do web design on the RISC PS. I'd > forgotten just how bad Webster XL is and I've been trying to set > up Netsurf, but I can't find a site from which I can download > Acorn URI 0.12. I've downloaded a newer version, but this > destroyed things completely and the computer wouldn't even boot > properly. Again, it might be worth describing the problems in full, quoting any errors you had, and so on, in order that the problem can be resolved. > I've since removed that and ...

Why does copying files to a new hard drive not defragment it?
Well, I execute a series disk upgrades on my system yesterday and today. I copied the contents of two drives to two other new drives. Each new drive was obviously empty and freshly formatted beforehand. My assumption was that copying the entire contents of each older drive would rearrange them sequentially on the newer drives, but after several hours of copying I found that neither of them were defragmented, and one of them was actually more fragmented than they were in the older drive! Looking at the map of files from Windows' defrag, it showed huge gaps of free space sca...

Files copied to external hard drive are corrupted
I recently bought a Maxtor external hard drive for use to transfer files from an older, space-challenged computer. I had no need for the backup software, so I just plugged it in (USB 2.0) and Windows XP recognized it as an empty NTFS drive. So I did a drag and drop of around 75GB of files onto the new drive. The files are almost all RAR archives ranging from 5MB to 50MB (the vast majority are around 10MB). So we're talking about a few thousand files. The copying was fast and went smoothly. Out of the 1000 or so of the copied archives I've tested so far on the new drive abo...

How to copy files from laptop hard drive to desktop
I tried to copy some of the file of my laptop Compaq Presario 1510 to desktop. After connected the harddrive with the HDD adapter, I can't find the laptop hard drive or the desktop will freez. What's the right wawy to do this. Thanks in advacne zfc6e@yahoo.com Not enough info, what OS and file system are on each drive? -- ---------------------------------------------------------------- "zfc6e" <zfc6e@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:2f793ef9.0311251441.214bae5e@posting.google.com... > I tried to copy some of the file of my laptop Compaq Presario 1510 to > desktop. After connected the harddrive with the HDD adapter, I can't > find the laptop hard drive or the desktop will freez. What's the > right wawy to do this. > Thanks in advacne > > zfc6e@yahoo.com If you are just trying to copy "files" and not the system, leave the drive in the notebook, network the laptop and desktop, and copy the files across the network. You did something wrong, because the hard drive should have been visible on the desktop. However, while you may need to do this to copy the "system", it's overkill for just copying files. zfc6e wrote: > I tried to copy some of the file of my laptop Compaq Presario 1510 to > desktop. After connected the harddrive with the HDD adapter, I can't > find the laptop hard drive or the desktop will freez. What's the > right wawy to do this. > Thanks in adv...

Backup OS-9 hard drives on PC hardware.
When I was trying to back up my SyQuest EZ135 SCSI hard drive on a PC, I ran in to an interesting problem. I had the PC (parallel) version of the EZ135, and a SCSI version (hooked to my OS-9 machine). When I inserted a non-DOS formatted platter, the PC would not recognize it. The BIOS (or something) wanted the first sector to be PC-ish. So, my solution was to write a quick program in C to back up the first 512 bytes (sector) of the OS-9 disk, and copy the 512-byte sector from a PC disk to the OS-9 disk. This created an OS-9 disk (unusuable) that would be recognized by the PC. From...

Boot file for Acorn RISC OS 3.6
I'm trying to get a RISC PC working which had no hard disc. I have put in an old hard disc, and reformatted it, and the icon appears on the icon bar. I can open the disc window. I have called it IDEDisc4. When I boot the computer I get "Message from Desktop": Machine startup has not completed successfully: 'Disc Drive not known' I have configured "Drive 4". I need to get the computer to recognise the disc drive. How do I do that? Having done that, I need a !Boot file to run. Where can I get one from? Alan Griffin On Jun 10, 7:16=A0pm, Alan Griffin <a.....

Can't copy files to backup hard drive
Have been using macs for years but this one has me stumped. I am trying to back up my entire hard drive on a new external drive but I get an error message saying "some items vannot be copied - do you want to continue" (or something very similar). When I click "continue" nothing happens, which suggests that something is stopping me form copying anyhting at all. I have unlocked everything I can. What am I doing wrong? Using 10.4.5 and 15" 1.25 GHz powerbook. Rob Look for CarbonCopy Cloner (http://www.bombich.com/software/ccc.html) (donation ware) and use that. A lot ...

Re: Classic MPE Hardware to PC Hard Drive Question
remember a hpib small drive was just a regular drive sometimes with a hpib interface board hooked to it... was so with workstations and I assume the small 3000 drives same? My 3000 drive times were with the washing machine sized oldies (7925 etc. Thanks, Ed Sharpe, Archivist for SMECC Web Site at _www.smecc.org_ (http://www.smecc.org/) We are always looking for items to add to the museum's display and ref. library - please advise if you have anything we can use. Coury House / SMECC 5802 W. Palmaire Ave. Phone 623-435-1522 Glendale Az 85301...

BBC Micro B and Acorn Archimedes A400 (?) to PC file transfer
The problem: Lots of data from family history apps, View, Bbase etc on the BBC B and Acorn Archimedes A400* needs to go onto a PC. *The label on the front says A310, I'm pretty sure it got upgraded to an A400 (*HELP COMMANDS shows most things being between May and Oct 1988). All I have is a disk called PC Emulator and another called "Beebug Arhimedes Serial Link" for the Archie (can't find the associated cable). I found this: http://web.inter.nl.net/users/J.Kortink/home/software/65link/ but do I need it in light of having the serial link? And what about getting the data from the Archie to the PC? What about something that will allow my PC to read Archie disks directly? Or perhaps a way of connecting the BBCB disk drives to the PC? What about BBCB to PC? All the choices and software are starting to make my head spin. And as far as my soldering skills goes, about 1 in 3 of the cables I've made works first time. So ideally, I wouldn't mind paying something reasonable for a "pack" of all the bits and pieces to get all the data onto the PC. Something else has just occured to me - what about a hard drive in the Archie? It doesn't have one now, and I'm almost certain it wouldn't know what to do with an old 2Gb PC ATA drive, but might that be a good "conduit" between the three machines? Oh, and the mouse on the Archie is nearly shagged, the ball seems to have no grip despite my boiling it in hot water (which sometim...

OS/2 Java & copying files & hard drive backup
I'm almost finishing getting the OS/2 machine back on line after being down for 2 years. there are a few issues remaing with it. Java is one of them. it can't find java. It looks like it got lost during the manual backup copying. I can't find it. anyone know what's the current version of java? as for copying file to another hard drive, is xcopy command the one to use? I have 2 Western Digital 250gig scsi adapted sata hard drives (JFS formatted) one of which is a backup drive. I'm not too wild about having 2 250gig drives. Not exactly the setup I ...

copying the file in local hard drive to the text field in the web using WATIR
In my previous inquiry, I have received the below suggestion; I was inquiring how I can copy a file in my hard drive to the text field in the web. Yes, below code works!!! but each file I need to upload is quite lengthy, and I have many hundreds of them. When I run the code below, WATIR is reading the file in my hard drive a character by character into the text field in the web; it simply takes too long. Is there anyway I can copy the file in my hard drive in its entirety all at once, and paste it to the text field in the web at once?? That way I do not have to wait till the code reads a ...

Acorn SCSI & Fujitsu drive / best podule slot for RISC iX
I had set up RISC iX on an IBM SCSI drive in and R140 - to tidy up the innards of that machine and an Arc, I'd like to: (a) use a Fujitsu SCSI drive in place of the IBM _or_ (b) use the SCSI podule in slot 1 (upper left looking from the front, i.e. over the econet socket) Can anyone confirm that (b) will not work - does the SCSI card have to be in slot 0 for RISC iX? For (a), the Fujistsu (M1606SAU) is seen by SCSIDM, sectioned, partitioned, seen by Filer after changing the number of SCSI disks (in desktop using !Configure). BUT if I reboot, the filecore partition can only be seen if I boot to supervisor, run SCSIDM, issue the "probe" and "device 0" commands, then go into desktop. Otherwise, the drive icon is labelled ":4" and clicking on it renders the machine wholly unresponsive. Everything works fine with the IBM drive. Chaining the Fujitsu with the IBM or a Syquest means "probe" sometimes hangs. The Fujitsu was previously partitioned using Cumana SCSIMgr - having used SCSIDM to repartition, I can't see that this should matter but wondered if there some residual info which confuses the Acorn card until "probe" and "device 0" explicitly 'registers' the Acorn partitioning. Otherwise I'll have to put it down to hardware incompatibility, the first such problem with SCSI kit I've encountered. Unrelated query - anyone know how to deal with a disk that reports "SCSI medium corrupted...

copied 10000+ text files to hard drive, now won't stop spinning
I unzipped my whole DVD of Gutenberg Project books on to an external hard drive. I sifted through and removed anything that was not a plain ..txt file, leaving me with around 10000+ text files. After indexing the file names, titles, and authors into a separate single text file using small perl scripts, I copied them over to my iBook's main hard drive. Ever since, the drive has been running non-stop, for about a day so far. Is this Spotlight trying to do it's own indexing of the files? If this is the case, I wish I could have disabled it. I love Spotlight for helping me find e-mails and saved web pages, but I will be using good old grep to search these files and I don't need any bloated indexes of them saved to my computer so Spotlight can show off that it knows all of these thousands of ebooks. I can't believe it's still going. Maybe I should restart. wana In article <1117024039.309680.148990@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, ioneabu@yahoo.com wrote: > I unzipped my whole DVD of Gutenberg Project books on to an external > hard drive. I sifted through and removed anything that was not a plain > .txt file, leaving me with around 10000+ text files. After indexing > the file names, titles, and authors into a separate single text file > using small perl scripts, I copied them over to my iBook's main hard > drive. Ever since, the drive has been running non-stop, for about a > day so far. > > Is this Spotlight tr...

mount_ntfs my usn hard drive usb from /dev/da1s1 to /mnt, cant copy file to it, but can FROM
WTF????? net not helping me!! I got some movies I wana move to my usb drive so I can watch ... but freebsd only lets me copy FROM the usb drive wtfff?? help! # cp /home/g/f /mnt/movies/ cp: /mnt/movies/f: No such file or directory I can easily copy from /mnt/movies to /home/g amd64 9.1 help please should this just work? found cure! http://forums.freebsd.org/showthread.php?t=10720 pkg_add -rv fusefs-ntfs add to /etc/rc.conf : fusefs_enable="YES" fuse_load="YES" reboot ntfs-3g /dev/da1s1 /mnt ## now can write to it yay! On Sat, 18 May 2013 21:59:06 -0700, johannes falcone wrote: > WTF????? > > > net not helping me!! > > I got some movies I wana move to my usb drive so I can watch ... but > freebsd only lets me copy FROM the usb drive wtfff?? Read the manual page, particularly the bit about 'limited writing ability'. -- Using UNIX since v6 (1975)... Use the BIG mirror service in the UK: http://www.mirrorservice.org I did. Note I found the cure above. On Sun, 19 May 2013 00:13:47 -0700, johannes falcone wrote: > I did. > > Note I found the cure above. I thought you would. -- Using UNIX since v6 (1975)... Use the BIG mirror service in the UK: http://www.mirrorservice.org On Sun, 19 May 2013 00:04:09 -0700, johannes falcone wrote: > found cure! http://forums.freebsd.org/showthread.php?t=10720 > >...

Web resources about - Copy files from Acorn Risc Hard Drive to PC ? - comp.sys.acorn.hardware

File:Commons-logo.svg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This image, or parts of it, is an official logo or design used by Wikimedia Foundation or by one of its projects. It is copyrighted by the Wikimedia ...

Computer file - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A computer file is a resource for storing information, which is available to a computer program and is usually based on some kind of durable ...

The Rockford Files mainstay Joe Santos dies at 84
... unpretentious character actor who had a memorable role as the overworked detective Dennis Becker on the popular 1970s drama "The Rockford Files", ...

DeskConnect file transfer app updated with share extension, 3D Touch support, and more
DeskConnect is a file transfer app from the makers of Workflow. It allows you to easily share files between your iPhone, iPad and Mac. DeskConnect ...

From The Career Files: Does Competition Make You A Better Lawyer?
Whether you’re representing a client in litigation or in a transaction, you’re tasked with making sure that your arguments for your clients’ ...

ShareByLink is a signup-free file sharing service
ShareByLinkShareByLink is an open-source file sharing service and application for Windows, Linux and Mac. The package is all about simplicity. ...

Tesla CEO Elon Musk's wife files to divorce billionaire
Musk and actress Talulah Riley are making another attempt to end their second marriage

Elon Musk's wife files for divorce
Talulah Riley filed to divorce Elon Musk in Los Angeles Superior Court, in another attempt to end their marriage.

Ferguson, Justice Department file settlement agreement
FERGUSON, Mo. (AP) — A settlement agreement to resolve a federal lawsuit has been filed by the city of Ferguson and the U.S. Department of Justice. ...

Joe Santos Dies: ‘The Rockford Files’ Actor Was 84
Joe Santos , best known for his role as Lt. Dennis Becker on The Rockford Files , has died. His rep confirmed the death to Deadline, but the ...