Eprom types on Acorn cards

Hi all,

I've got an eprom programmer and would like to back up the eproms of
several cards of my acorn computers. Unfortunately most of the eproms
have stickers on them, so I don't know the types of eproms. Is there any
list or does anybody know the types? I'm interested in the types used on
the Cumana16bit SCSI, Atomwide Ether4, Morley SCSI, ColourCard Gold,

Freimut Matheus <F.Matheus@web.de> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've got an eprom programmer and would like to back up the eproms of
> several cards of my acorn computers. Unfortunately most of the eproms
> have stickers on them, so I don't know the types of eproms. Is there any
> list or does anybody know the types? I'm interested in the types used on
> the Cumana16bit SCSI, Atomwide Ether4, Morley SCSI, ColourCard Gold,

sorry, sent too fast...

I also own an Eagle M2 card.

Thanks for your help.

cheers
Le lundi 5 novembre 2012 17:07:19 UTC+1, Freimut Matheus a =E9crit=A0:

> > Hi all,
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> > I've got an eprom programmer and would like to back up the eproms of
>=20
> > several cards of my acorn computers. Unfortunately most of the eproms
>=20
> > have stickers on them, so I don't know the types of eproms. Is there an=
>=20
> > list or does anybody know the types? I'm interested in the types used o=
>=20
> > the Cumana16bit SCSI, Atomwide Ether4, Morley SCSI, ColourCard Gold,=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> sorry, sent too fast...
>=20
>=20
>=20
> I also own an Eagle M2 card.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Thanks for your help.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> cheers

I'm not sure my answer will be very relevant ('as usual', some might say ;-=
) ), but why not locate the modules in memory and copy them to a file you'l=
l use to burn your EEPROMs?
You'll have to try on some different kind of EEPROMs until you find the rig=
ht one for the right card.
Not sure if it makes sense, what do you think about this idea ?
0
xltardy
11/10/2012 10:40:07 AM
xltardy@gmail.com wrote:
> I'm not sure my answer will be very relevant ('as usual', some might say
> ;-) ), but why not locate the modules in memory and copy them to a file
> you'll use to burn your EEPROMs?  You'll have to try on some different
> kind of EEPROMs until you find the right one for the right card.  Not sure
> if it makes sense, what do you think about this idea ?

One way to do it is to pull the EPROMs and read them on a programmer.  When
the data repeats, that'll tell you the size of the EPROM.  Equivalently,
you could fit an EPROM like a 27512 (the biggest 28 pin available) and put
in N copies of the data - all the 27xxx series are pin compatible.

Theo
0
Theo
11/10/2012 4:04:51 PM
Theo Markettos <theom+news@chiark.greenend.org.uk> wrote:

> One way to do it is to pull the EPROMs and read them on a programmer.

Thats what I did yet and I chose different sizes of EPROMs for reading
them.

> When the data repeats, that'll tell you the size of the EPROM.

Thanks, that will help me.

regards

FS: Misc Acorn (and non-Acorn) hardware
Like Peter Naulls yesterday, I'm trying to get rid of my remaining Risc PC and the related hardware. I've put them on eBay. The Acorn-specific items are: Acorn Risc PC StrongARM 233 MHz + Power-tec SCSI http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202188067 i-cubed EtherLan600 for Acorn Risc PC/A7000 http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202186713 Acorn Risc PC power supply, backplane and screws http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202185817 RISC OS Select http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202184767 STD PS2Mouse fo...

Acorn
Check it out: www.BrandonsMansion.com ...

Acorn 'Acorn' in Artworks
I don't suppose anyone has, or knows where I can download an Acorn 'Acorn' logo in ArtWorks format do they? I seem to have lost my original file that I used for the Webring graphics at www.vigay.com/cgi-bin/webring?ring=riscos -- Usenet replies: To contact me, visit www.vigay.com/feedback/ Quality Internet, Domain Registration & Hosting - www.orpheusinternet.co.uk/ Life, the Universe, RISC OS Help and Everything - www.vigay.com/ Share and discuss ideas or chat about the above - http://forum.vigay.com/ On 22 Apr 2007 Paul Vigay <invalid-email-address@invalid-domain.co....

Acorn Publisher / Acorn User / Qercus
By now some people should have received their copy of Qercus - ie issue 268 of Acorn User or vol 10 issue 1 of Acorn Publisher. The additional printing numbers and distribution is new to us so we're not sure how long it will take to get to all subscribers or to be available in the shops. Some bulk mailings to overseas customers may not go until next week. Our experience so far with the database we inherited from Tau Press is that some customers will receive duplicate copies of the magazine whilst others will not receive one at all. We have been working hard to put right as many errors as ...

Qercus (Acorn User / Acorn Publisher) binders
The new Qercus binders will be available within 2 weeks and we're taking orders now. They are available in dark blue with the Qercus logo in gold on the spine. The binders will match previous Acorn Publisher binders but will hold 14 copies of the magazine so Qercus readers will have a spare string for notes and indexes whilst Acorn Publisher readers will have room for two years' issues including two annual special issues of Qercus. Qercus is well-worth collecting so order your binder today. Binders will cost 8.95 each inc UK postage and may (just) be available at Wakefield. Until th...

Acorn NC or Acorn NetStation, looking for one.
I am looking for an Acorn NC with ethernet interface! If someone has one, please let me know, and a reasonable price. Complete, with the remote and etc! Thanks! Leonardo leonardo@editek.com In message <1192995978.255456.168910@y27g2000pre.googlegroups.com> leonardo.cohen@gmail.com wrote: > I am looking for an Acorn NC with ethernet interface! If someone has > one, please let me know, and a reasonable price. Complete, with the > remote and etc! I shall be eBaying an NC with ethernet, but no remote, fairly shortly, possibly in the next few weeks. Alan -- RISC O...

Acorn 'Acorn' in Artworks #2
Oooh. Thanks to the quick support from everyone, especially Paul Sprangers and John McCartney, I now have the logo in ArtWorks format. :-) Most appreciated. Thanks again. -- Usenet replies: To contact me, visit www.vigay.com/feedback/ Quality Internet, Domain Registration & Hosting - www.orpheusinternet.co.uk/ Life, the Universe, RISC OS Help and Everything - www.vigay.com/ Share and discuss ideas or chat about the above - http://forum.vigay.com/ ...

Acorn?
Hi. Let me get this one right first. I have a Mico and a Strongarm Risc PC. What, if different, is the correct way of describing what I have to the user group? Now:- 1. How many users of Acorn machines are out there? I dont want to know if you/they use PCs as well. 2. I understand that RO ltd. and Castle are the main suppliers of Acorn stuff. Any others,please enlighten. 3. I feel that should the above suppliers (and others?) bury their differences and join to form one company, the resultant combine would be so much stronger and could only benefit the Acorn scene. If, because of self...

FA: SCSI Card - Acorn C/C++ - 128MB SIMM - DMI50 Sound Card
Hi all, Some of you probably saw this lot already but for those who haven't I have placed for auction on ebay the following: Powertec SCSI card 128MB SIMM Acorn C/C++ w Manuals (on floppy disc!) Audio Dynamics DMI50 card Wimp Programming for All book Acorn Advance Clan Newsletters and Acorn Hardware data sheets (Risc PC/NC/etc) Acorn Carrier Bag (cord loop handles) ART Lapel Badge & Clan membership card All accessible from: http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZjohnduffellQQhtZ-1 saves pasting in loads of URLs. Note that due to ISP/BT messups I have no internet access at all until M...

FA: Acorn Archimedes A310 and Acorn AKF50 Monitor
For Auction on eBay: Acorn Archimedes A310 and Acorn AKF50 Monitor British Broadcasting Corporation Microcomputer System Processor: ARM 3 Memory: 8 MB Hard Disc: 350 MB Podules: Design IT E500 Access+ (Ethernet 10Base2) Oak SCSI Interface Watford Electronics Scanner Peripherals: 3-button mouse Original keyboard with extension cable Watford Electronics Hand Scanner Monitor: Acorn AKF50 with mains connection to A310 and 9/15 adapter. Slight superficial damage to monitor case. Used to be in daily use. Needed only fresh AA batteries (for CMOS RAM) to overcome a year of non-use. ...

FA: Acorn Ecolink card
For auction, one Acorn Ecolink ISA card, documentation and driver disk (Acorn's solution for adding econet support for PC's). http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8820302195 Thanks. ...

Acorn Electron hardware wanted
Folks Forgive what may be an intrusion but if anyone is prepared to sell any Acorn Electron hardware in particular an (original L-shaped) Acorn Plus 3, please reply to this. Cheers On 20 Jan 2006 as I do recall, JCC wrote: > Folks > > Forgive what may be an intrusion but if anyone is prepared to sell any Acorn > Electron hardware in particular an (original L-shaped) Acorn Plus 3, please > reply to this. > These are the correct groups, but comp.sys.acorn.hardware might be even better... :-) -- Harriet Bazley == Loyaulte me lie == ...

RISCOS/Acorn Eprom programmer
Hi, Does anyone know where I can get an EPROM programmer for a RISCOS 3.11 A5000? Must blow up to 256Kbit bog standard ST EPROMs. Cheers all, - Chris. In message <3fdd0a07$0$10357$fa0fcedb@lovejoy.zen.co.uk> "Chris Smith" <chris@FARPinfinitemonkeys.org.uk> wrote: > Hi, > > Does anyone know where I can get an EPROM programmer for a RISCOS 3.11 > A5000? Must blow up to 256Kbit bog standard ST EPROMs. Did you try IFEL's web site ? I think they were selling one not so long ago <http://users.argonet.co.uk/ifel> (or there abouts) -- ...

Virtual Acorn and file types
Hi all. I just bought datapower and reinstalled VA5000 v1.4. However, most filetypes in the apps are set to text. This means the app wont install. How can I do this apprt from asking R-comp to send me a zipped version? cheers bob In message <7b144ff3.0308171046.434f7dee@posting.google.com> r.hartley@bio.gla.ac.uk (Bob Hartley) wrote: > I just bought datapower and reinstalled VA5000 v1.4. However, most > filetypes in the apps are set to text. On which medium did you receive DataPower and how did you try to install it? Martin -- -----------------------------------...

FS: All manner of Acorn Hardware
Hi all I'm loosing my room at my parents, which means my collection of Acorn stuff has to go! This includes but is not limited to some of the following; A5000, standard, old college machine A3000, with external hard drive and a 5 1/4" floppy disc (this machine i love, grew up with it but have no where to put it), also has a network card RISC PC 700, another ex college one, works, think i might have put a strong arm and PC card in it. Acorn electron, with tapes and two power supplies Star dot matrix printer for the acorn, includes at least one ink ribbon All kinds of miscellaneous har...

Problems posting to acorn.hardware
Hi, I've posted a few things to acorn.hardware in the last few days but I was surprised to get no follow ups from the normal helpful people who contribute regularly. Checking on google.groups it doesn't look as if any of my posts have got through - I have a local copy whicy presumably gets added by MessengerPro. Is there any problem posting to this group at the moment? -- andrew.mcmullon@tesco.net In article <92d606294d.andy@andrew.mcmullon@tesco.net>, Andy McMullon <andrew.mcmullon@tesco.net> wrote: > Hi, > I've posted a few things to acorn.hardware in ...

FA: Acorn Archimedes A310 and Acorn AKF50 Monitor #2
For Auction on eBay (Less than 20 hours to go): Acorn Archimedes A310 and Acorn AKF50 Monitor British Broadcasting Corporation Microcomputer System Processor: ARM 3 Memory: 8 MB Hard Disc: 350 MB Podules: Design IT E500 Access+ (Ethernet 10Base2) Oak SCSI Interface Watford Electronics Scanner Peripherals: 3-button mouse Original keyboard with extension cable Watford Electronics Hand Scanner Monitor: Acorn AKF50 with mains connection to A310 and 9/15 adapter. Slight superficial damage to monitor case. Used to be in daily use. Needed only fresh AA batteries (for CMOS RAM) to ov...

Acorns fall next to the tree [Acorn stuff on ebuy UK]
I usually don't surf Acorns, but I noticed some on ebuy. Acorn RiscOS 3.5 ROMs - no reserve Acorn 486 Co-processor card - no reserve Acorn Arm610 processor card - no reserve ...

FS: Misc Acorn hardware
i-cubed EtherLan 600: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101336155 IBM 586 (100 MHz) card: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101337088 RISC OS 3.50: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101348173 RISC OS 4.02: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101349126 Risc PC: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101360766 StrongARM card: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101361862 Texas Instruments 486-SLC (40 MHz): http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101363515 Eve...

FA: Acorn software and hardware
Hi, I've put up a number of items on eBay - and more will be appearing online as and when i've got the time to do it. It's funny how eBay can be quite time consuming, isn't it. Anyway, items include a Turbo StrongARM Risc PC (i.e. a StrongARM Risc PC which has had the StrongARM card overclocked) with RISC OS 4.02, suitably large hard disc and 64Mb RAM (plus 1Mb VRAM) as well as software such as Ovation Pro, Impression Publisher, games, retro items and more besides. Enjoy http://cgi6.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=mad_4 _indie_movies&sort=3&...

FA:Acorn RiscPC Hardware
Hi, The following Items finishing tonight: - 1) i-cubed ethernet network card 2) 4 Slot Backplane 3) PC Co-processor 4) Second Slice Kind Regards Shaun ...

FA: Various Acorn hardware bits
Hi, various bits of Acorn hardware (and some bits not Acorn related) here: http://cgi6.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&include=0&userid=pete_horsman&sort=2&rows=25&since=-1&rd=1 The Acorn bits: Acorn A4 Internal Econet Adaptor No Reserve! 1MB VRAM for Acorn RiscPC - No Reserve! Aleph1 PC Podule 486 SLC 25MHz for Acorn - No Reserve! Computer Concepts Colour Card Gold 4 Acorn -No Reserve! Oak Solutions 16bit SCSI podule for Acorns -No Reserve! Acorn A5000 4 slot backplane - No Reserve! Acorn A5000 2MB-4MB RAM memory upgrade - No Reserve! Acorn TurboD...

FA: Acorn AKA31 SCSI Card
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8132752132 Acorn AKA31 SCSI card. For RiscPC/A-series machines. Includes a SCSI terminator cap. -- Pete Goodliffe, Senior Software Engineer http://homepage.ntlworld.com/petegoodliffe ...

Acorn Ecolink card for IBM PC (no reserve)
Acorn Ecolink card, software and manuals for auction. No reserve. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Not easy to find these days, this is an auction for an Acorn Ecolink card, software and manuals. The Ecolink card is a full size ISA card which plugs into an IBM PC. No reserve on this item. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=004&item=140049955117 Thanks. Ian. ...

Web resources about - Eprom types on Acorn cards - comp.sys.acorn.hardware

EPROM - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
An EPROM (rarely EROM), or erasable programmable read only memory , is a type of memory chip that retains its data when its power supply is switched ...

eprom
[NeXT] needed an EPROM programmer to work with chips from vintage computers. Starting with a low cost programmer, he built this custom IC programmer ...

Eprom - Stereogum
... to start feeling like a “lost album,” but at least we have this fancy new “All Day” remix to tide us over. Zane Lowe premiered Salva and Eprom’s ...

Tonight in Music: Code Orange, the Dee Dees, Eprom and Thirty Seconds to Mars
... last-standing all-ages safe spaces. Hollow Earth Radio, 8 pm . BRITTNIE FULLER Check out the rest of Underage's coverage here » EPROM, AMERICA'S ...

Mojibake - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
[modʑibake] ; lit. "character transformation"), from the Japanese 文字 (moji) "character" + 化け (bake) "transform", is the occurrence of incorrect, ...

In Pictures: Pocket marvels - 40 years of handheld computers
From the first pocket scientific calculator through '80s organisers to today's tablets, check out 15 ingenious devices that have driven the handheld ...

360 Systems - Company History
360 Systems’ focus is new technology for the broadcast, entertainment and Pro-AV industries. From the 1970s, new semiconductor and software developments ...

MC74HC30 datasheet pdf datenblatt - Motorola, Inc - 8-Input NAND Gate High-Performance Silicon-Gate CMOS ...
MC74HC30 datasheet, MC74HC30 circuit, MC74HC30 data sheet : MOTOROLA - 8-Input NAND Gate High-Performance Silicon-Gate CMOS ,alldatasheet, datasheet, ...

Apple II peripherals for sale
I have a large collection of peripheral boards I'm considering selling. Will part with separately. Serious offers only. Please note: I love ...

Index of Compute! December 1990 articles
Compute! Issue 124 - December 1990 Editorial License by Peter Scisco News & Notes Spinnaker Spins Off Titles by Denny Atkin News & Notes What ...