FA: Acorn Archimedes A310 and Acorn AKF50 Monitor

For Auction on eBay:

Acorn Archimedes A310 and Acorn AKF50 Monitor
British Broadcasting Corporation Microcomputer System
Processor: ARM 3
Memory: 8 MB
Hard Disc: 350 MB
Podules:
Design IT E500 Access+ (Ethernet 10Base2)
Oak SCSI Interface
Watford Electronics Scanner
Peripherals:
3-button mouse
Original keyboard with extension cable
Watford Electronics Hand Scanner
Monitor:
Acorn AKF50 with mains connection to A310 and 9/15 adapter.
Slight superficial damage to monitor case.

Used to be in daily use. Needed only fresh AA batteries (for CMOS RAM) to
overcome a year of non-use.

Buyer arranges collection. Payment: cash on collection

<URL:http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Acorn-Archimedes-A310_W0QQitemZ8804993118QQcategoryZ4193QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem>

--
* Sick of BT? Leave them and reduce your phone bill by up to half.
* Want a spam-proof Usenet address? Visit www.invalid.org.uk

.... "Thy glass will show thee how thy beauties wear, thy dial how thy precious minutes waste" Sonnet 77
0
tim155 (1564)

FA: Acorn Archimedes A310 and Acorn AKF50 Monitor #2
For Auction on eBay (Less than 20 hours to go): Acorn Archimedes A310 and Acorn AKF50 Monitor British Broadcasting Corporation Microcomputer System Processor: ARM 3 Memory: 8 MB Hard Disc: 350 MB Podules: Design IT E500 Access+ (Ethernet 10Base2) Oak SCSI Interface Watford Electronics Scanner Peripherals: 3-button mouse Original keyboard with extension cable Watford Electronics Hand Scanner Monitor: Acorn AKF50 with mains connection to A310 and 9/15 adapter. Slight superficial damage to monitor case. Used to be in daily use. Needed only fresh AA batteries (for CMOS RAM) to overcome a year of non-use. Buyer arranges collection. Payment: cash on collection <URL:http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Acorn-Archimedes-A310_W0QQitemZ8804993118QQcategoryZ4193QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem> ...

FS: Misc Acorn (and non-Acorn) hardware
Like Peter Naulls yesterday, I'm trying to get rid of my remaining Risc PC and the related hardware. I've put them on eBay. The Acorn-specific items are: Acorn Risc PC StrongARM 233 MHz + Power-tec SCSI http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202188067 i-cubed EtherLan600 for Acorn Risc PC/A7000 http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202186713 Acorn Risc PC power supply, backplane and screws http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202185817 RISC OS Select http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202184767 STD PS2Mouse for Acorn Risc PC http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202183392 Acorn MEU + Plextor PlexWriter RW 4220 internal SCSI http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202182624 Graphic tablet PaintPal Deluxe http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202181086 The rest is not Acorn-specific but was connected to either a Risc PC or a Iyonix and therefore may be of interest here as well: Mitsumi FA402M 3.5" Floppy and 7in1 Media Drive http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202179719 Sony 3.5" Floppy MPF 920 http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202177159 ELSA MicroLink ISDN 4U Router/Hub http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5777800061 Iomega ZIP 100 Drive external SCSI http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202173954 HP ScanJet 3c SCSI http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...

Acorn Publisher / Acorn User / Qercus
By now some people should have received their copy of Qercus - ie issue 268 of Acorn User or vol 10 issue 1 of Acorn Publisher. The additional printing numbers and distribution is new to us so we're not sure how long it will take to get to all subscribers or to be available in the shops. Some bulk mailings to overseas customers may not go until next week. Our experience so far with the database we inherited from Tau Press is that some customers will receive duplicate copies of the magazine whilst others will not receive one at all. We have been working hard to put right as many errors as we could identify but we know there are still some problems remaining. If you receive an extra issue will you please let us know and tell us which reference numbers are on the two (three/four!) labels so that we can put it right for next time. Please don't return any copies - donate duplicates to a friend, library, dentist/doctor's waiting room &c If you don't receive your copy (UK) then please do not let us know until the middle of next week; we have arranged to do *another* sweep of the database after the SW Show and may have sorted out outstanding problems by the time you call. Whilst far-flung Acorn User subscribers should receive their copies faster than before they should give it an extra week at least before reporting non-receipt. For this occasion reminders have been sent separately from the magazine and should have already been received by UK subscribers who n...

Qercus (Acorn User / Acorn Publisher) binders
The new Qercus binders will be available within 2 weeks and we're taking orders now. They are available in dark blue with the Qercus logo in gold on the spine. The binders will match previous Acorn Publisher binders but will hold 14 copies of the magazine so Qercus readers will have a spare string for notes and indexes whilst Acorn Publisher readers will have room for two years' issues including two annual special issues of Qercus. Qercus is well-worth collecting so order your binder today. Binders will cost 8.95 each inc UK postage and may (just) be available at Wakefield. Until the end of May new subscribers starting their subscription with issue 268, and ordering a binder at the same time, will receive their first issue free. ie UK subscription + binder = 49.95 + 8.95 = 58.90 for year's subscription from issue 269 with issue 268 free. Orders should be sent to "Finnybank Ltd" 30 Finnybank Road Sale M33 6LR or by phone to 0161 969 9820. Cheques or cards can be accepted. Binders and magazines will be despatched together as soon as the binders are available. -- John Cartmell editor Qercus - editor@qercus.com www.qercus.com Qercus: a fusion of Acorn Publisher & Acorn User magazines one magazine for graphics & design - one magazine for all RISC OS users Finnybank Ltd 30 Finnybank Rd Sale M33 6LR == 0161 969 9820 _______________________________________________________________ a.m.conroy@argonet.co.uk, Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.anno...

Acorn NC or Acorn NetStation, looking for one.
I am looking for an Acorn NC with ethernet interface! If someone has one, please let me know, and a reasonable price. Complete, with the remote and etc! Thanks! Leonardo leonardo@editek.com In message <1192995978.255456.168910@y27g2000pre.googlegroups.com> leonardo.cohen@gmail.com wrote: > I am looking for an Acorn NC with ethernet interface! If someone has > one, please let me know, and a reasonable price. Complete, with the > remote and etc! I shall be eBaying an NC with ethernet, but no remote, fairly shortly, possibly in the next few weeks. Alan -- RISC OS - you know it makes cents ...

Acorn multiscan monitor User Guide AKF50 series
I came across this manual the other day. The monitor itself has long since left these premises but the manual, guarantee, owner registration card and shop receipt from Beebug (6/5/1994) is all here. Any use to anyone? If I paid �393.42 for a new monitor today I think it would be a bit more substantial than a 15" CRT!!! -- Better Telecoms: http://tinyurl.com/phone-coop Genuine and spam-proof addresses for Usenet: www.invalid.org.uk Email address for replies: substitute postmaster@ for tim@ .... "Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none" All's Well, Act i, Sc.2 ...

For sale or free ... Acorn AKF50 monitor and Xerox NC60 printer
These two items may be of interest to someone: Acorn AKF50 'multisync' monitor * it works. * 9<>15 adapter; can be used with Archimedes series * small 3-pin power plug; used to be powered by an A310 * slight superficial damage to front of case * pic: <URL:http://www.timil.com/temp/AKF50.jpg> Xerox NC60 Color Laser 'Docuprint' Postscript Printer * works with standard RISC OS postscript driver or, more likely, * useful for spares including 32MB and 64MB 50ns RAM * needs toner; empty toner filler bottles supplied * other consumables about 50% left (from my memory) * 96 MB 50 ns RAM but does fail to cope with multiple copies of huge > about 10MB files * RJ45 and BNC network and/or parallel * pic: <URL:http://www.timil.com/temp/NC60.jpg> * UK support: <URL:http://www.xerox.com/go/xrx/template/013.jsp?Xseg=corp&Xcntry=GBR&Xlang=en_GB> (search 'NC60') Please email interest in, or questions about, either item to: tim <at> timil <dot> com. I recommend collection of either item from here in South Bucks. The monitor is old and the printer is a two-man carry. Act soon: a skip beckons. T -- * Cheap phone bills? Gift shopping? www.timil.com/usenet.php * Spam-proof Usenet address? Visit www.invalid.org.uk or email me: postmaster at invalid dot org dot uk * (tim@invalid.org.uk is deleted unread - please use my valid address above) .... "Did my heart love till now? forswear it, sight! For I ne'er s...

Acorns fall next to the tree [Acorn stuff on ebuy UK]
I usually don't surf Acorns, but I noticed some on ebuy. Acorn RiscOS 3.5 ROMs - no reserve Acorn 486 Co-processor card - no reserve Acorn Arm610 processor card - no reserve ...

FA: Acorn A4s
I have placed 2 A4s on ebay. Both were owned by a former Acorn employee, and one has a variety of unusal extras. I'd like to apologise to people I previously engaged in negotiations about selling these: but since a variety of extras came to light, and because I'm selling it on behalf, I thought it appropriate to get the best price possible for such cherished items, instead of struggling to price it myself. If you wish, you can collect from the South West Show on the 26th of February. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=8171151167&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=8171151946&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT -- Peter Naulls - peter@chocky.org | http://www.chocky.org/ ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please Reply Properly - http://www.i-hate-computers.demon.co.uk/quote.html ...

FA Acorn A4
Not me selling, just an acquaintance http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ACORN-ARCHIMEDES-A4-RARE_W0QQitemZ5228057988QQcategoryZ4193QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem Stuart -- Stuart Winsor From is valid but subject to change without notice if it gets spammed. For Barn dances and folk evenings in the Coventry and Warwickshire area See: http://www.barndance.org.uk ...

FS: Acorn monitors.
Hello all, I have several Acorn 28-AKF40 monitors. Offers. Prefer buyer to collect (nr. Dunfermline) but can ship although it's likely to cost more than the monitors! Cheers, Mike..... -- Michael Hambley mike@armpowered.co.uk http://www.screamager.fsnet.co.uk http://www.dispose-it.co.uk - IT disposal/recycling & data destruction. In article <5cdab05b4c.Michael@armpowered.co.uk>, Michael Hambley <mike@armpowered.co.uk> writes >Hello all, > >I have several Acorn 28-AKF40 monitors. Offers. > >Prefer buyer to collect (nr. Dunfermline) but can ship although it's likely >to cost more than the monitors! What's an Acorn AKF-40? I could use a couple of monitors for A410/A540 and A3000. Also trying to find a 15-17" SVGA display for use with my PS2 Linux kit - must support Sync on Green :/ Richard -- Acorn 8-bits, 32-bits, some in bits... Amiga 600, |\ _,,,---,,_ iBook, PB G4, G4, G5, Dell P410, ACW/ABC210 /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;, http://www.dmc12.demon.co.uk/retrotech/ |,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'::. Music? http://www.mp3.com/RichardKilpatrick/ '----''(_/--' `-'\_)Morticia In message <ObzL19KjXG0$Ewl0@btinternet.com> you wrote: > In article <5cdab05b4c.Michael@armpowered.co.uk>, Michael Hambley > <mike@armpowered.co.uk> writes > >Hello all, > > > >I have several Acorn 28-AKF40 monitors. Offers. > > > >Pref...

Acorn Archimedes is 25
<http://www.reghardware.com/2012/06/01/acorn_archimedes_is_25_years_old/> <quote> Feature The Acorn Archimedes is 25 years old this month. The first machines based on the company's ARM (Acorn Risc Machine) processor were announced in June 1987, the year after the 32-bit chip itself was launched. </quote> -- If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed. -Albert Einstein ...

Acorn Archimedes A3000
A friend has told me he is having a clear-out and has found his A3000 and its monitor. They were working when packed away years ago but he has no idea now but knows no reason why they shouldn't work. I think he'll let them go free to anyone interested. Collect from High Wycombe. He though I would like it as it's the same as my Iyonix, isn't it? ;-D Interested parties should email me please: t i m < a t > t i m i l . c o m -- * Stop paying BT so much: www.timil.com/usenet.php * Want a genuine but spam-proof Usenet address? Visit www.invalid.org.uk or email me: postmaster at invalid dot org dot uk * (tim@invalid.org.uk is deleted unread - please use my valid address above) .... "O, beauty, till now I never knew thee!" Henry VIII, Act i, Sc.4 In article <4f549e0191tim@invalid.org.uk>, Tim Hill <tim@invalid.org.uk> wrote: > knows no reason why they shouldn't work. The battery has probably died, leaked and corroded away nearby tracks on the PCB :-( -- Stuart Winsor From is valid but subject to change without notice if it gets spammed. For Barn dances and folk evenings in the Coventry and Warwickshire area See: http://www.barndance.org.uk In message <4f54a44395SW_NOSPAM@dsl.pipex.com> Stuart <SW_NOSPAM@dsl.pipex.com> wrote: > In article <4f549e0191tim@invalid.org.uk>, > Tim Hill <tim@invalid.org.uk> wrote: >> knows no reason why they shouldn't work. >...

FA. Acorn A-Link
I am having a tidy up of some old stuff and have put an Acorn A-Link on ebay. The URL is all on one line of course. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5863122692&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1 -- _ .-----------------------------------------------. __ __| |_ __ __ | NB: When replying, please remove "invalid" | / _/ _` \ V V / | in the address. I am trying more and more | \__\__,_|\_/\_/ |__ suggestions to foil spammers ___| ...

Acorn stuff FA
I've just put a couple of things up on eBay - no reserve and prices start at 1p. Including a copy of RISC OS 3.7 for all those people queueing up to get one.... ;-) See http://www.vigay.com/forsale/ for more info and links to eBay. Paul -- Paul __\\|//__ Life, (` o-o ') the Universe ---- www.segfault.co.uk ------ooO-(_)-Ooo------ & Everything ------ Posted using a RISC OS computer - 100% immune to all email viruses. (email address is genuine, to fool junkmailers) I love being married. It's so gre...

Acorn Electron hardware wanted
Folks Forgive what may be an intrusion but if anyone is prepared to sell any Acorn Electron hardware in particular an (original L-shaped) Acorn Plus 3, please reply to this. Cheers On 20 Jan 2006 as I do recall, JCC wrote: > Folks > > Forgive what may be an intrusion but if anyone is prepared to sell any Acorn > Electron hardware in particular an (original L-shaped) Acorn Plus 3, please > reply to this. > These are the correct groups, but comp.sys.acorn.hardware might be even better... :-) -- Harriet Bazley == Loyaulte me lie == ...

Problems posting to acorn.hardware
Hi, I've posted a few things to acorn.hardware in the last few days but I was surprised to get no follow ups from the normal helpful people who contribute regularly. Checking on google.groups it doesn't look as if any of my posts have got through - I have a local copy whicy presumably gets added by MessengerPro. Is there any problem posting to this group at the moment? -- andrew.mcmullon@tesco.net In article <92d606294d.andy@andrew.mcmullon@tesco.net>, Andy McMullon <andrew.mcmullon@tesco.net> wrote: > Hi, > I've posted a few things to acorn.hardware in the last few days but I > was surprised to get no follow ups from the normal helpful people who > contribute regularly. > Checking on google.groups it doesn't look as if any of my posts have > got through - I have a local copy whicy presumably gets added by > MessengerPro. > Is there any problem posting to this group at the moment? Three items from you since Jan 2nd. (One of those was a repeat of an earlier query about KVM kit) Those items appeared OK. Maybe the people who could answer aren't around at the moment, winter sun holiday perhaps? Gone off to work in one of the countries around the Indian Ocean. Whatever. On 6 Jan 2005 Andy McMullon <andrew.mcmullon@tesco.net> wrote: > I've posted a few things to acorn.hardware in the last few days but I > was surprised to get no follow ups from the normal helpful people who > contribute regul...

FA: Acorn software items
<http://cgi3.ebay.co.uk/ws2/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=mad_4_indie_ movies> I've listed tonight copies of Squirrel, The Crystal Maze, The Horizon Report and the Acorn Educational Directory. When I say copies, they're not copies - they're all as new. David ...

FS: All manner of Acorn Hardware
Hi all I'm loosing my room at my parents, which means my collection of Acorn stuff has to go! This includes but is not limited to some of the following; A5000, standard, old college machine A3000, with external hard drive and a 5 1/4" floppy disc (this machine i love, grew up with it but have no where to put it), also has a network card RISC PC 700, another ex college one, works, think i might have put a strong arm and PC card in it. Acorn electron, with tapes and two power supplies Star dot matrix printer for the acorn, includes at least one ink ribbon All kinds of miscellaneous hard ware for a BBC b/master including; CUB monitor, various tape decks and modems, floppy drives Pile of Acorn User magazines (about 30 of) Bigger pile of manuals, probably in the region of 20 manuals and software packs Miscellaneous boxes of software on low density floppies See the following for piccies, this is not everything, and not everything pictured is available http://s297.photobucket.com/albums/mm230/vannystick/ Would prefer for the whole lot to go in one go but don't expect it, and I would like to see token gestures of cash for them. Not able to post at the moment, located on the Wirral but can also be collected from Liverpool with sufficient warning. Needs to go in the next two weeks, so offered here, then eBay, then the tip! I'd have thought ebay would be best as there has not been that much Acorn/RISC OS stuff on there for a while, so prices should be good. Also, if ...

FS: Misc Acorn hardware
i-cubed EtherLan 600: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101336155 IBM 586 (100 MHz) card: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101337088 RISC OS 3.50: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101348173 RISC OS 4.02: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101349126 Risc PC: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101360766 StrongARM card: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101361862 Texas Instruments 486-SLC (40 MHz): http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101363515 Everything in good, near perfect condition unless stated otherwise. I'm selling from Germany, but I'll deliver to UK as well. Oversea on request. Please get in touch for shipping cost in those cases. -- Stefan Bellon On 10 Jun, I wrote: > StrongARM card: > http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101361862 I announced this offer without RISC OS 3.70 ROMs because I didn't find the ones belonging to the card. In the meantime I have found them. This offer will include the RISC OS 3.70 ROM set. -- Stefan Bellon ...

FA: Acorn friendly Z88
Cambridge Computer Z88 Acorn friendly... original boxing, manual, carry case; 128k RAM pack, 32k EPROM pack, EPROM eraser, mains adapter. ROM OS and software inc. BBC BASIC and Pipedream. All in extremely good condition and recently tested. Additional 3rd party file transfer/parallel printing software using an Acorn computer, on 5.25" (BBC/Master) and 3.5" (Archimedes, RiscOS). <http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3082589824&ssPageName=ADME:B:LC:UK:1> Cheers -- Mark J Poppyland.plus.com, not plu$.com.invalid, for private replies www.poppy-land.co.uk ...

AKF60 monitor
The AKF60 monitor on my A5000 has been standing unused for a while. When I turned it on, it wouldn't show any of the Acorn modes (12 etc), Fliptop (colour card app) shows lots of yellow modes, but that's it. Is this likely to be fixable, or should I look for a replacement? Joyce. -- Joyce Haslam pendle atte boulsworth dotcodotuk WinXP running VirtualAcorn RPC on amd64 tower with Ubuntu 8.10 in 60G partition On 28-Jun-2009, Joyce Haslam <pendle@ukgateway.invalid> wrote: > The AKF60 monitor on my A5000 has been standing unused for a while. > When I turned it on, it wouldn't show any of the Acorn modes (12 > etc), Fliptop (colour card app) shows lots of yellow modes, but > that's it. The AKF60 is a VGA monitor so it can't do modes like 12 and 15 which are 15.25 KHz (TV frequency) modes. Ig you really must have these modes you need something like an AKF50 or AKF18. -- David Holden - APDL - <http://www.apdl.co.uk> David Holden <SpamBin@apdl.co.uk> wrote: > On 28-Jun-2009, Joyce Haslam <pendle@ukgateway.invalid> wrote: > > The AKF60 monitor on my A5000 has been standing unused for a > > while. When I turned it on, it wouldn't show any of the Acorn > > modes (12 etc), Fliptop (colour card app) shows lots of yellow > > modes, but that's it. > The AKF60 is a VGA monitor so it can't do modes like 12 and 15 > which are 15.25 KHz (TV frequency) modes. Ig you really mu...

FA: Acorn software items
Hi, I've got many an item sitting on eBay at the moment. Visit www.alligatagroup.co.uk and it'll now forward itself to my 'about me' page so that you can flick through what's available. Items available include: - Drifter (three copies) - MetaConvetor by Keysoft - Talking Rhymes by Topologika - PICT IT / CLIP IT by Sherston - Robert Duncan Clip Art by Bitfolio - Ancestor+ [release 1] by APDL/Graham Crow - TextAid by Alan Wrigley - Illusionist by Clares Micro Supplies - Ovation Pro Colour Supplement disc by Beebug - ArtWorks full pack, with first release of ArtWorks 2 by MW...

FA: Various old Acorn games
Roll up, roll up. Conqueror: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3045842578&category=187&rd=1 Sim City 2000: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3045844892&category=187&rd=1 Birds of War: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3045846451&category=187&rd=1 Paradroid 2000: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3045848128&category=187&rd=1 Cannon Fodder: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3045848750&category=187&rd=1 -- Liam Gretton ...

Web resources about - FA: Acorn Archimedes A310 and Acorn AKF50 Monitor - comp.sys.acorn.hardware

Archimedes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Other mathematical achievements include deriving an accurate approximation of pi , defining and investigating the spiral bearing his name, and ...

Archimedes - Wikipedia
Archimedes of Syracuse (; BC – BC) was a Greek mathematician, physicist, engineer, inventor, and astronomer. Although few details of his life ...

Archimedes
I had always believed Archimedes spent a certain amount of time running through the streets of Syracuse shouting "Eureka, I have found it!" Perhaps ...

Archimedes Scientific Calculator App Goes 2.0 With iOS 7 Redesign And More
Eureka! Archimedes is back with its big 2.0 update. The touch-based scientific calculator app was released in August 2012 and updated several ...

Price Drop: Archimedes Calculator
Archimedes Calculator 3.2 Device: iOS Universal Category: Education Price: Free, Version: 3.2 ( iTunes ) Description: Archimedes is the scientific ...

Archimedes Pi Estimation - Business Insider
Here's how the ancient Greeks found the first few digits of pi. Wikimedia Commons Archimedes Happy Pi Day! It's March 14, or 3/14, matching ...

Archimedes on the Potomac
By a 10-8 vote the Senate Judiciary Committee Tuesday sent the controversial nomination of former Sen. John Ashcroft as U.S. attorney general ...

Eureka! Archimedes scientific calculator gets major update
Scientific calculator app Archimedes has received its first significant update in quite a while. Adding the expected iOS 7-compatible design ...

God of War: Ascension's Trials of Archimedes to be nerfed
God of War: Ascension is finally out, and players have been up in arms about one particular part of the game the Trial of Archimedes. In this ...

Archimedes' Dream: Pi on an OLED ray
Sure, you can roll old school with a Waterford chandelier slung from the ceiling. Better yet, why not fantasize about ancient mathematical screws ...