FA: Acorn Archimedes A310 and Acorn AKF50 Monitor #2

For Auction on eBay (Less than 20 hours to go):

Acorn Archimedes A310 and Acorn AKF50 Monitor
British Broadcasting Corporation Microcomputer System
Processor: ARM 3
Memory: 8 MB
Hard Disc: 350 MB
Podules:
Design IT E500 Access+ (Ethernet 10Base2)
Oak SCSI Interface
Watford Electronics Scanner
Peripherals:
3-button mouse
Original keyboard with extension cable
Watford Electronics Hand Scanner
Monitor:
Acorn AKF50 with mains connection to A310 and 9/15 adapter.
Slight superficial damage to monitor case.

Used to be in daily use. Needed only fresh AA batteries (for CMOS RAM) to
overcome a year of non-use.

Buyer arranges collection. Payment: cash on collection

<URL:http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Acorn-Archimedes-A310_W0QQitemZ8804993118QQcategoryZ4193QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem>

0
tim155 (1564)

FA: Acorn Archimedes A310 and Acorn AKF50 Monitor
For Auction on eBay: Acorn Archimedes A310 and Acorn AKF50 Monitor British Broadcasting Corporation Microcomputer System Processor: ARM 3 Memory: 8 MB Hard Disc: 350 MB Podules: Design IT E500 Access+ (Ethernet 10Base2) Oak SCSI Interface Watford Electronics Scanner Peripherals: 3-button mouse Original keyboard with extension cable Watford Electronics Hand Scanner Monitor: Acorn AKF50 with mains connection to A310 and 9/15 adapter. Slight superficial damage to monitor case. Used to be in daily use. Needed only fresh AA batteries (for CMOS RAM) to overcome a year of non-use. Buyer arranges collection. Payment: cash on collection <URL:http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Acorn-Archimedes-A310_W0QQitemZ8804993118QQcategoryZ4193QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem> -- * Sick of BT? Leave them and reduce your phone bill by up to half. * Want a spam-proof Usenet address? Visit www.invalid.org.uk or email me: postmaster at invalid dot org dot uk * (tim@invalid.org.uk is deleted - please use my valid address above) .... "Thy glass will show thee how thy beauties wear, thy dial how thy precious minutes waste" Sonnet 77 ...

FS: Misc Acorn (and non-Acorn) hardware
Like Peter Naulls yesterday, I'm trying to get rid of my remaining Risc PC and the related hardware. I've put them on eBay. The Acorn-specific items are: Acorn Risc PC StrongARM 233 MHz + Power-tec SCSI http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202188067 i-cubed EtherLan600 for Acorn Risc PC/A7000 http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202186713 Acorn Risc PC power supply, backplane and screws http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202185817 RISC OS Select http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202184767 STD PS2Mouse for Acorn Risc PC http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202183392 Acorn MEU + Plextor PlexWriter RW 4220 internal SCSI http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202182624 Graphic tablet PaintPal Deluxe http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202181086 The rest is not Acorn-specific but was connected to either a Risc PC or a Iyonix and therefore may be of interest here as well: Mitsumi FA402M 3.5" Floppy and 7in1 Media Drive http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202179719 Sony 3.5" Floppy MPF 920 http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202177159 ELSA MicroLink ISDN 4U Router/Hub http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5777800061 Iomega ZIP 100 Drive external SCSI http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202173954 HP ScanJet 3c SCSI http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...

Acorn Publisher / Acorn User / Qercus
By now some people should have received their copy of Qercus - ie issue 268 of Acorn User or vol 10 issue 1 of Acorn Publisher. The additional printing numbers and distribution is new to us so we're not sure how long it will take to get to all subscribers or to be available in the shops. Some bulk mailings to overseas customers may not go until next week. Our experience so far with the database we inherited from Tau Press is that some customers will receive duplicate copies of the magazine whilst others will not receive one at all. We have been working hard to put right as many errors as we could identify but we know there are still some problems remaining. If you receive an extra issue will you please let us know and tell us which reference numbers are on the two (three/four!) labels so that we can put it right for next time. Please don't return any copies - donate duplicates to a friend, library, dentist/doctor's waiting room &c If you don't receive your copy (UK) then please do not let us know until the middle of next week; we have arranged to do *another* sweep of the database after the SW Show and may have sorted out outstanding problems by the time you call. Whilst far-flung Acorn User subscribers should receive their copies faster than before they should give it an extra week at least before reporting non-receipt. For this occasion reminders have been sent separately from the magazine and should have already been received by UK subscribers who n...

Acorn NC or Acorn NetStation, looking for one.
I am looking for an Acorn NC with ethernet interface! If someone has one, please let me know, and a reasonable price. Complete, with the remote and etc! Thanks! Leonardo leonardo@editek.com In message <1192995978.255456.168910@y27g2000pre.googlegroups.com> leonardo.cohen@gmail.com wrote: > I am looking for an Acorn NC with ethernet interface! If someone has > one, please let me know, and a reasonable price. Complete, with the > remote and etc! I shall be eBaying an NC with ethernet, but no remote, fairly shortly, possibly in the next few weeks. Alan -- RISC OS - you know it makes cents ...

Qercus (Acorn User / Acorn Publisher) binders
The new Qercus binders will be available within 2 weeks and we're taking orders now. They are available in dark blue with the Qercus logo in gold on the spine. The binders will match previous Acorn Publisher binders but will hold 14 copies of the magazine so Qercus readers will have a spare string for notes and indexes whilst Acorn Publisher readers will have room for two years' issues including two annual special issues of Qercus. Qercus is well-worth collecting so order your binder today. Binders will cost 8.95 each inc UK postage and may (just) be available at Wakefield. Until the end of May new subscribers starting their subscription with issue 268, and ordering a binder at the same time, will receive their first issue free. ie UK subscription + binder = 49.95 + 8.95 = 58.90 for year's subscription from issue 269 with issue 268 free. Orders should be sent to "Finnybank Ltd" 30 Finnybank Road Sale M33 6LR or by phone to 0161 969 9820. Cheques or cards can be accepted. Binders and magazines will be despatched together as soon as the binders are available. -- John Cartmell editor Qercus - editor@qercus.com www.qercus.com Qercus: a fusion of Acorn Publisher & Acorn User magazines one magazine for graphics & design - one magazine for all RISC OS users Finnybank Ltd 30 Finnybank Rd Sale M33 6LR == 0161 969 9820 _______________________________________________________________ a.m.conroy@argonet.co.uk, Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.anno...

Acorn multiscan monitor User Guide AKF50 series
I came across this manual the other day. The monitor itself has long since left these premises but the manual, guarantee, owner registration card and shop receipt from Beebug (6/5/1994) is all here. Any use to anyone? If I paid �393.42 for a new monitor today I think it would be a bit more substantial than a 15" CRT!!! -- Better Telecoms: http://tinyurl.com/phone-coop Genuine and spam-proof addresses for Usenet: www.invalid.org.uk Email address for replies: substitute postmaster@ for tim@ .... "Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none" All's Well, Act i, Sc.2 ...

Acorns fall next to the tree [Acorn stuff on ebuy UK]
I usually don't surf Acorns, but I noticed some on ebuy. Acorn RiscOS 3.5 ROMs - no reserve Acorn 486 Co-processor card - no reserve Acorn Arm610 processor card - no reserve ...

FS: 2 Acorn AKF18 monitors; 3 Econet modules
Hi all, Trying to clear out a few things - here's the first batch. Two Acorn AKF18 monitors. Unsure of exact specifications - approx 14-inch and certainly capable of 800 x 600 resolution, but probably more. Both working fine. Three (or four - one is currently in an A5000) Econet modules. The 3 not in the A5000 are presumed working; the one in the A5000 definitely works. Make me an offer for any or all of these. I'd prefer to have the monitors collected, or I could deliver in and around Nottingham. Cheers, Roo -- roo dot machell at zoom dot co dot uk ...

For sale or free ... Acorn AKF50 monitor and Xerox NC60 printer
These two items may be of interest to someone: Acorn AKF50 'multisync' monitor * it works. * 9<>15 adapter; can be used with Archimedes series * small 3-pin power plug; used to be powered by an A310 * slight superficial damage to front of case * pic: <URL:http://www.timil.com/temp/AKF50.jpg> Xerox NC60 Color Laser 'Docuprint' Postscript Printer * works with standard RISC OS postscript driver or, more likely, * useful for spares including 32MB and 64MB 50ns RAM * needs toner; empty toner filler bottles supplied * other consumables about 50% left (from my memory) * 96 MB 50 ns RAM but does fail to cope with multiple copies of huge > about 10MB files * RJ45 and BNC network and/or parallel * pic: <URL:http://www.timil.com/temp/NC60.jpg> * UK support: <URL:http://www.xerox.com/go/xrx/template/013.jsp?Xseg=corp&Xcntry=GBR&Xlang=en_GB> (search 'NC60') Please email interest in, or questions about, either item to: tim <at> timil <dot> com. I recommend collection of either item from here in South Bucks. The monitor is old and the printer is a two-man carry. Act soon: a skip beckons. T -- * Cheap phone bills? Gift shopping? www.timil.com/usenet.php * Spam-proof Usenet address? Visit www.invalid.org.uk or email me: postmaster at invalid dot org dot uk * (tim@invalid.org.uk is deleted unread - please use my valid address above) .... "Did my heart love till now? forswear it, sight! For I ne'er s...

GEDCOM 2 to GEDCOM 5 conversion of Micro Aid Family History Program on Acorn Archimedes
Hello, a bit of a long question, so please bear with me! The background is that a lot of relatives are counting on me to get at some data from my late grandfathers old computer disks. After entering a world of emulators, home-made serial cables and many, many long nights, I now have the data but am totally stuck! As you will see, I've done as much research as possible and really have tried to help myself, but I have reached a dead end (until you good people can help me!). Here's what I found so far: In this thread http://groups.google.co.uk/group/comp.sys.acorn.apps/browse_thread/thr...

Acorn Archimedes A3000
A friend has told me he is having a clear-out and has found his A3000 and its monitor. They were working when packed away years ago but he has no idea now but knows no reason why they shouldn't work. I think he'll let them go free to anyone interested. Collect from High Wycombe. He though I would like it as it's the same as my Iyonix, isn't it? ;-D Interested parties should email me please: t i m < a t > t i m i l . c o m -- * Stop paying BT so much: www.timil.com/usenet.php * Want a genuine but spam-proof Usenet address? Visit www.invalid.org.uk or email me: postmaster at invalid dot org dot uk * (tim@invalid.org.uk is deleted unread - please use my valid address above) .... "O, beauty, till now I never knew thee!" Henry VIII, Act i, Sc.4 In article <4f549e0191tim@invalid.org.uk>, Tim Hill <tim@invalid.org.uk> wrote: > knows no reason why they shouldn't work. The battery has probably died, leaked and corroded away nearby tracks on the PCB :-( -- Stuart Winsor From is valid but subject to change without notice if it gets spammed. For Barn dances and folk evenings in the Coventry and Warwickshire area See: http://www.barndance.org.uk In message <4f54a44395SW_NOSPAM@dsl.pipex.com> Stuart <SW_NOSPAM@dsl.pipex.com> wrote: > In article <4f549e0191tim@invalid.org.uk>, > Tim Hill <tim@invalid.org.uk> wrote: >> knows no reason why they shouldn't work. >...

Acorn stuff FA
I've just put a couple of things up on eBay - no reserve and prices start at 1p. Including a copy of RISC OS 3.7 for all those people queueing up to get one.... ;-) See http://www.vigay.com/forsale/ for more info and links to eBay. Paul -- Paul __\\|//__ Life, (` o-o ') the Universe ---- www.segfault.co.uk ------ooO-(_)-Ooo------ & Everything ------ Posted using a RISC OS computer - 100% immune to all email viruses. (email address is genuine, to fool junkmailers) I love being married. It's so gre...

FA: Acorn A4s
I have placed 2 A4s on ebay. Both were owned by a former Acorn employee, and one has a variety of unusal extras. I'd like to apologise to people I previously engaged in negotiations about selling these: but since a variety of extras came to light, and because I'm selling it on behalf, I thought it appropriate to get the best price possible for such cherished items, instead of struggling to price it myself. If you wish, you can collect from the South West Show on the 26th of February. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=8171151167&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=8171151946&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT -- Peter Naulls - peter@chocky.org | http://www.chocky.org/ ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please Reply Properly - http://www.i-hate-computers.demon.co.uk/quote.html ...

Acorn User #2
Finnybank Ltd and Tau Press today announced the sale of Acorn User magazine. Tau Press have been responsible for publishing Acorn User for the last five years, mainly under the editorship of Steve Turnbull. The magazine now passes into the hands of Finnybank Ltd who currently produce Acorn Publisher magazine. Steve Turnbull from Tau Press commented "I am very happy that John has agreed to take over the publication of Acorn User. With Tau Press moving into new areas we won.t be able to devote all our energies to it and a change in publisher always generates new ideas and new viewpoints. You can be sure that I will continue to use my own RISC OS machines and I think we are all in for some interesting times." John Cartmell, editor of Acorn Publisher magazine, confirmed that it was Finnybank's intention to continue to produce Acorn User as a monthly magazine available from newsagents or by subscription. There would be changes to the magazine but the best of the current contents would be retained and Steve Turnbull has been invited to continue to write for the new magazine. Readers can also expect to see new contributors and articles, with favourites returning from some years ago. John commented, "Subscribers to Acorn Publisher may be pleased to hear that there will be little change to the content of that magazine as a consequence of our new purchase. As a result of our new acquisition we will be able to offer a unique magazine format. Readers of both magazi...

FS: Acorn monitors.
Hello all, I have several Acorn 28-AKF40 monitors. Offers. Prefer buyer to collect (nr. Dunfermline) but can ship although it's likely to cost more than the monitors! Cheers, Mike..... -- Michael Hambley mike@armpowered.co.uk http://www.screamager.fsnet.co.uk http://www.dispose-it.co.uk - IT disposal/recycling & data destruction. In article <5cdab05b4c.Michael@armpowered.co.uk>, Michael Hambley <mike@armpowered.co.uk> writes >Hello all, > >I have several Acorn 28-AKF40 monitors. Offers. > >Prefer buyer to collect (nr. Dunfermline) but can ship although it's likely >to cost more than the monitors! What's an Acorn AKF-40? I could use a couple of monitors for A410/A540 and A3000. Also trying to find a 15-17" SVGA display for use with my PS2 Linux kit - must support Sync on Green :/ Richard -- Acorn 8-bits, 32-bits, some in bits... Amiga 600, |\ _,,,---,,_ iBook, PB G4, G4, G5, Dell P410, ACW/ABC210 /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;, http://www.dmc12.demon.co.uk/retrotech/ |,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'::. Music? http://www.mp3.com/RichardKilpatrick/ '----''(_/--' `-'\_)Morticia In message <ObzL19KjXG0$Ewl0@btinternet.com> you wrote: > In article <5cdab05b4c.Michael@armpowered.co.uk>, Michael Hambley > <mike@armpowered.co.uk> writes > >Hello all, > > > >I have several Acorn 28-AKF40 monitors. Offers. > > > >Pref...

FA Acorn A4
Not me selling, just an acquaintance http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ACORN-ARCHIMEDES-A4-RARE_W0QQitemZ5228057988QQcategoryZ4193QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem Stuart -- Stuart Winsor From is valid but subject to change without notice if it gets spammed. For Barn dances and folk evenings in the Coventry and Warwickshire area See: http://www.barndance.org.uk ...

Acorn mouse #2
I have a problem with a mouse, in that when I move the mouse the arrow cursor wobbles slightly but doesnt move. Anyone know what this might be? Its a A5000 which is otherwise fine. As an alternative if there is an issue with the mouse, does anyone know if there are any drivers for using an old style serial mouse on the serial port? Cheers. Ian. On 3 Mar, dna-7e6g@iximail.com wrote in message <1172930535.006990.276640@8g2000cwh.googlegroups.com>: > I have a problem with a mouse, in that when I move the mouse > the arrow cursor wobbles slightly but doesnt move. Anyone > know what this might be? Have you tried cleaning it out and getting the fluff out of the ball, rollers and strobe wheels? > Its a A5000 which is otherwise fine. As an alternative if there is an > issue with the mouse, does anyone know if there are any drivers for > using an old style serial mouse on the serial port? Not sure if it came in with RISC OS 3.1 or 3.5, but check that you can't select "Serial mouse" from Configure. Try *Configure MouseType <n> from the command line where n is 1 for a MS serial or 2 for an MSC serial mouse (or 0 for the default Acorn quadrature type). Alternatively, get a PS2Mouse from STD and use a normal PS/2 mouse into the standard mouse port. -- Steve Fryatt - Leeds, England http://www.stevefryatt.org.uk/ dna-7e6g@iximail.com wrote: > I have a problem with a mouse, in that when I move the mouse > the arrow cursor ...

Acorn User #2
The October issue arrived today. Only 3 weeks and a bit late! The free ads page is a bit of a laugh - Identical to last month, including the many-months-old ad that I responded to, months ago. Also, only one wrong page number in the index! After all these years, I am seriously thinking of cancelling my order for AU. The much heralded re-launch a while back seems to have made little difference, although I'm thankful that they have dropped those awful drop caps. Basic things like widows and orphans in the text don't seem to worry them at all, but in a professional magazine they look pretty amateurish. Lately, the most useful part of the magazine seems to be the adverts from the RISC dealers. Just my twopenn'orth. -- Hedley Hunnisett of Wigston Magna, Leicestershire. Using British RISC technology with StrongARM power! In article <031017225501@arcade.demon.co.uk>, Hedley Hunnisett <hedleyh@arcade.demon.co.uk> wrote: > After all these years, I am seriously thinking of cancelling my order > for AU. The much heralded re-launch a while back seems to have made > little difference, although I'm thankful that they have dropped those > awful drop caps. At least the advertisers' index (such as it is) has returned after I pointed out its absence to Steve at one of the shows. I noticed, though, that the same editorial appeared in the August and September issues! Martyn -- _ |\/| _ _ -+- ...

Acorn Archimedes is 25
<http://www.reghardware.com/2012/06/01/acorn_archimedes_is_25_years_old/> <quote> Feature The Acorn Archimedes is 25 years old this month. The first machines based on the company's ARM (Acorn Risc Machine) processor were announced in June 1987, the year after the 32-bit chip itself was launched. </quote> -- If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed. -Albert Einstein ...

FA. Acorn A-Link
I am having a tidy up of some old stuff and have put an Acorn A-Link on ebay. The URL is all on one line of course. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5863122692&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1 -- _ .-----------------------------------------------. __ __| |_ __ __ | NB: When replying, please remove "invalid" | / _/ _` \ V V / | in the address. I am trying more and more | \__\__,_|\_/\_/ |__ suggestions to foil spammers ___| ...

FA: Acorn software items
<http://cgi3.ebay.co.uk/ws2/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=mad_4_indie_ movies> I've listed tonight copies of Squirrel, The Crystal Maze, The Horizon Report and the Acorn Educational Directory. When I say copies, they're not copies - they're all as new. David ...

FA: Acorn software items
Hi, I've got many an item sitting on eBay at the moment. Visit www.alligatagroup.co.uk and it'll now forward itself to my 'about me' page so that you can flick through what's available. Items available include: - Drifter (three copies) - MetaConvetor by Keysoft - Talking Rhymes by Topologika - PICT IT / CLIP IT by Sherston - Robert Duncan Clip Art by Bitfolio - Ancestor+ [release 1] by APDL/Graham Crow - TextAid by Alan Wrigley - Illusionist by Clares Micro Supplies - Ovation Pro Colour Supplement disc by Beebug - ArtWorks full pack, with first release of ArtWorks 2 by MW...

acorn pocket book #2
i need to find the pin out of the serial port on an "acorn pocket book". I have done a quick search on the Net with no luck. Will apprecaite any help. Robert On 22-Jun-2004, "robert" <robertg@ansonic.com.au> wrote: > i need to find the pin out of the serial port on an "acorn pocket book". I > have done a quick search on the Net with no luck. Will apprecaite any > help. Since the Acorn Pocketbook is a rebadged Psion 3, try searching for Psion 3 instead. A quick google through up this which might help you: www.gadec.com/psisync/cables.htm Chris -- How does a project get to be a year late? .... One day at a time. ...

FS: All manner of Acorn Hardware
Hi all I'm loosing my room at my parents, which means my collection of Acorn stuff has to go! This includes but is not limited to some of the following; A5000, standard, old college machine A3000, with external hard drive and a 5 1/4" floppy disc (this machine i love, grew up with it but have no where to put it), also has a network card RISC PC 700, another ex college one, works, think i might have put a strong arm and PC card in it. Acorn electron, with tapes and two power supplies Star dot matrix printer for the acorn, includes at least one ink ribbon All kinds of miscellaneous hard ware for a BBC b/master including; CUB monitor, various tape decks and modems, floppy drives Pile of Acorn User magazines (about 30 of) Bigger pile of manuals, probably in the region of 20 manuals and software packs Miscellaneous boxes of software on low density floppies See the following for piccies, this is not everything, and not everything pictured is available http://s297.photobucket.com/albums/mm230/vannystick/ Would prefer for the whole lot to go in one go but don't expect it, and I would like to see token gestures of cash for them. Not able to post at the moment, located on the Wirral but can also be collected from Liverpool with sufficient warning. Needs to go in the next two weeks, so offered here, then eBay, then the tip! I'd have thought ebay would be best as there has not been that much Acorn/RISC OS stuff on there for a while, so prices should be good. Also, if ...