FA: Stuart Tyrell A6DB PC with Virtual Acorn RPC-SE emulation software

My trusty A6 PC is now up for sale on ebay at the following location:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110234326967

You will find full details and plenty of photos including one with the
obligatory RISC OS desktop displaying the ArtWorks MG sports car. The
A6DB spec is as originally sold except for the memory which I upgraded
from 512MB to 1GB. Windows and the VA software is completely up to
date with all patches released to date having been installed.

If you have any questions please use ebay's ask the seller a question
facility and not the googlemail account which I've used for this post.

Jonathan Briggs

FS: Misc Acorn (and non-Acorn) hardware
Like Peter Naulls yesterday, I'm trying to get rid of my remaining Risc PC and the related hardware. I've put them on eBay. The Acorn-specific items are: Acorn Risc PC StrongARM 233 MHz + Power-tec SCSI http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202188067 i-cubed EtherLan600 for Acorn Risc PC/A7000 http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202186713 Acorn Risc PC power supply, backplane and screws http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202185817 RISC OS Select http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202184767 STD PS2Mouse for Acorn Risc PC http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202183392 Acorn MEU + Plextor PlexWriter RW 4220 internal SCSI http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202182624 Graphic tablet PaintPal Deluxe http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202181086 The rest is not Acorn-specific but was connected to either a Risc PC or a Iyonix and therefore may be of interest here as well: Mitsumi FA402M 3.5" Floppy and 7in1 Media Drive http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202179719 Sony 3.5" Floppy MPF 920 http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202177159 ELSA MicroLink ISDN 4U Router/Hub http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5777800061 Iomega ZIP 100 Drive external SCSI http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202173954 HP ScanJet 3c SCSI http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...

FA: Acorn software items
<http://cgi3.ebay.co.uk/ws2/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=mad_4_indie_ movies> I've listed tonight copies of Squirrel, The Crystal Maze, The Horizon Report and the Acorn Educational Directory. When I say copies, they're not copies - they're all as new. David ...

FA: Acorn software items
Hi, I've got many an item sitting on eBay at the moment. Visit www.alligatagroup.co.uk and it'll now forward itself to my 'about me' page so that you can flick through what's available. Items available include: - Drifter (three copies) - MetaConvetor by Keysoft - Talking Rhymes by Topologika - PICT IT / CLIP IT by Sherston - Robert Duncan Clip Art by Bitfolio - Ancestor+ [release 1] by APDL/Graham Crow - TextAid by Alan Wrigley - Illusionist by Clares Micro Supplies - Ovation Pro Colour Supplement disc by Beebug - ArtWorks full pack, with first release of ArtWorks 2 by MW...

FS: Acorn PC software
PCExchange: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101337912 PC Pro 3: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101339128 I'm selling from Germany, but as it's software + manual I don't see any problems in shipping overseas. Please get in touch for shipping cost. -- Stefan Bellon In message <4cbcf8c362sbellon@sbellon.de> Stefan Bellon <sbellon@sbellon.de> wrote: > PC Pro 3: Is that the version that works properly with RO4? Simon In article <8efb3abd4c.simonwillcocks@home.invalid>, Simon Willcocks <simon.willcocks@t-online.de> wrote: > > PC Pro 3: > Is that the version that works properly with RO4? I've got 3.06, and didn't have any problems when changing to RO4. -- *The hardness of the butter is proportional to the softness of the bread * Dave Plowman dave.sound@argonet.co.uk London SW 12 RIP Acorn Simon Willcocks wrote: > In message <4cbcf8c362sbellon@sbellon.de> > Stefan Bellon <sbellon@sbellon.de> wrote: > > PC Pro 3: > Is that the version that works properly with RO4? I can't tell you which version it is as I haven't installed it anymore. But there's still a directory Choices:PC.v306 on that Risc PC, so it is at least version 3.06 and I can confirm that it worked for me with RISC OS 4 (and I think RISC OS Select as well, though I used PC Pro 3 very rarely in the last time). -- Stefan Bell...

FA: Acorn Archimedes A310 and Acorn AKF50 Monitor
For Auction on eBay: Acorn Archimedes A310 and Acorn AKF50 Monitor British Broadcasting Corporation Microcomputer System Processor: ARM 3 Memory: 8 MB Hard Disc: 350 MB Podules: Design IT E500 Access+ (Ethernet 10Base2) Oak SCSI Interface Watford Electronics Scanner Peripherals: 3-button mouse Original keyboard with extension cable Watford Electronics Hand Scanner Monitor: Acorn AKF50 with mains connection to A310 and 9/15 adapter. Slight superficial damage to monitor case. Used to be in daily use. Needed only fresh AA batteries (for CMOS RAM) to overcome a year of non-use. Buyer arranges collection. Payment: cash on collection <URL:http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Acorn-Archimedes-A310_W0QQitemZ8804993118QQcategoryZ4193QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem> -- * Sick of BT? Leave them and reduce your phone bill by up to half. * Want a spam-proof Usenet address? Visit www.invalid.org.uk or email me: postmaster at invalid dot org dot uk * (tim@invalid.org.uk is deleted - please use my valid address above) .... "Thy glass will show thee how thy beauties wear, thy dial how thy precious minutes waste" Sonnet 77 ...

FA: Acorn Archimedes A310 and Acorn AKF50 Monitor #2
For Auction on eBay (Less than 20 hours to go): Acorn Archimedes A310 and Acorn AKF50 Monitor British Broadcasting Corporation Microcomputer System Processor: ARM 3 Memory: 8 MB Hard Disc: 350 MB Podules: Design IT E500 Access+ (Ethernet 10Base2) Oak SCSI Interface Watford Electronics Scanner Peripherals: 3-button mouse Original keyboard with extension cable Watford Electronics Hand Scanner Monitor: Acorn AKF50 with mains connection to A310 and 9/15 adapter. Slight superficial damage to monitor case. Used to be in daily use. Needed only fresh AA batteries (for CMOS RAM) to overcome a year of non-use. Buyer arranges collection. Payment: cash on collection <URL:http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Acorn-Archimedes-A310_W0QQitemZ8804993118QQcategoryZ4193QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem> ...

Misc Acorn/BBC Hardware/Software up for free.
Hi Guys, I have been a keen retro computing enthusiast for as long as I can remember however I have no come to a point where I can no longer store the stuff I have. I have been slowly but surely giving things away over the last few year. I still have quite a few bits which as I uncover them whilst sorting the loft/garage/cupboards etc, I am starting to list and wondered if you or people you know might be interested in any of it. So I guess comes the shameless plug as I am listing it on my 'free to a good home' site called AnyGoodToYou.com where we have specifically set up a section for Vintage / classic hardware. Hope you can help as I really don't want this stuff to end up at the local WEEE dump. Cheers Allan ...

Virtual Acorn & MathMagical Software Suite
This only applies to users of v 0.764 of the Mathmagical Software Suite. And only if it's being used under Virtual Acorn RPC-SE And only if you are experiencing the obvious problem ! In order to code around "something" that changed in the RISC OS 5i1 release I altered 5 lines of code in my MathMagical Software Suite. The modified code works fine on Iyonix and Risc PCs (running any version of RISC OS) However, it has been reported that under RISC OS 4.02 on the Virtual Acorn emulater the modification causes problems. In the !RunImage file inside !Magic the following lines need...

acorn emulation
hello all I hope I've got the right group for this. I last used an acorn back at school in 1994. Since then I've been using windows and Linux. I was clearing out some boxes in the garage the other day and found my old disks from school with games, apps etc on for the acorns. I have been looking on the net for an emulator so I could have a look at these again. I found one called red squirrel, Seems ok. My problem is that once its booted im getting these errors. I have found some !boot stuff on the net but it all means nothing to me these days. Could any one help me in setting this thing up correctly please. Regards Lee ps this is the kind of message: RMEnsure UtilityModule 3.10 Error This !Boot structure is only suitable for RISC OS 3.1 or later Set Alias$BootEnd Unset Alias$BootEnd|mObey If "<Boot$Dir>" = "" Then Set Alias$BootEnd Unset Alias$BootEnd Iconsprites <Obey$Dir>.!Sprites If "<Boot$Dir>" = "" Then Set Boot$Dir <Obey$Dir> If "<Boot$Path>" = "" Then Set Boot$Path <Boot$Dir>. If "<Run$Path>" = ",%." Then Set Run$Path <Boot$Dir>.Library.,,%. BootEnd If "<Boot$OSVersion>" = "" Then Run Boot:Utils.BootVars If "<BootResources$Dir>" = "" Then IfThere Boot:Resources Then Set BootResources$Dir Boot:Resources If "<BootResources$Dir>" <>"" Th...

Virtual Acorn
Does any body know of a news group or some where I can get help with Virtual RPC? chris@epsaberNOSPAM.co.uk In article <bsi4gg$kdv$1$8302bc10@news.demon.co.uk>, Chris <chris@NOSPAMepsaber.co.uk> wrote: > Does any body know of a news group or some where I can get help with > Virtual RPC? > chris@epsaberNOSPAM.co.uk comps.sys.acorn.apps - if it's one of the applications or (perhaps not as clear) comp.sys.acorn.hardware - if it's the hardware comp.sys.acorn.extra-cpu or Comp.sys.acorn.misc - if it's the interface comp.sys.acorn.misc - if it's questions...

FA Acorn Ecolink card, drivers and manuals (econet for the IBM PC).
Acorn Ecolink card, software and manuals for auction. No reserve. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Not easy to find these days, this is an auction for an Acorn Ecolink card, software and manuals. The Ecolink card is a full size ISA card which plugs into an IBM PC. No reserve on this item. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8807948873 Thanks. Ian. cii-2d21@iximail.com wrote: > Acorn Ecolink card, software and manuals for auction. No reserve. > ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- > > Not easy to find these days, this is an auction for an Acorn Ecolink > card, software and manuals. The Ecolink card is a full size ISA card > which plugs into an IBM PC. No reserve on this item. > > http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8807948873 ROFLMAO - at last something which really belongs on this newsgroup :-)) Cheers, Ray D On Sun, 07 May 2006 08:43:56 -0700, cii-2d21 wrote: > Acorn Ecolink card, software and manuals for auction. No reserve. Is this the same one that sold on ebay about 3 months ago? Surprised to see two of them within such a short time period! Looks like it might be - 'mesilcreval' was the winning bidder the last time and 'hasilcreval' is the seller this time around... cheers Jules Yes it is the same card. Its an amazing bit of kit. I've decided t...

FA: PC Misc Hardware, Misc Software, Joysticks, Zip Drive and Disks
http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=steelhors e86&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=50 ...

FA: PC Misc Hardware, Misc Software, Joysticks, Zip Drive and Disks #3
http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=steelhorse86 ...

Acorn Publisher / Acorn User / Qercus
By now some people should have received their copy of Qercus - ie issue 268 of Acorn User or vol 10 issue 1 of Acorn Publisher. The additional printing numbers and distribution is new to us so we're not sure how long it will take to get to all subscribers or to be available in the shops. Some bulk mailings to overseas customers may not go until next week. Our experience so far with the database we inherited from Tau Press is that some customers will receive duplicate copies of the magazine whilst others will not receive one at all. We have been working hard to put right as many errors as we could identify but we know there are still some problems remaining. If you receive an extra issue will you please let us know and tell us which reference numbers are on the two (three/four!) labels so that we can put it right for next time. Please don't return any copies - donate duplicates to a friend, library, dentist/doctor's waiting room &c If you don't receive your copy (UK) then please do not let us know until the middle of next week; we have arranged to do *another* sweep of the database after the SW Show and may have sorted out outstanding problems by the time you call. Whilst far-flung Acorn User subscribers should receive their copies faster than before they should give it an extra week at least before reporting non-receipt. For this occasion reminders have been sent separately from the magazine and should have already been received by UK subscribers who n...

For sale: games for Amstrad & Acorn BBC & Acorn Electron & Commodore 64 & Commodore Vic20 & Dragon 32 & Oric & Sinclair ZX81 & Sinclair ZX Spectrum (16k & 48k) & IBM PC (5.25" & 3.5" & CD)
I have many old games, on 5.25" & 3.5" & CD for PC and on tapes for Amstrad & Acorn BBC & Acorn Electron & Commodore 64 & Commodore Vic20 & Dragon 32 & Oric & Sinclair ZX81 & Sinclair ZX Spectrum (16k & 48k). I need to sell some of them. Would you like to buy any? I have bank accounts in the U.K.; the Republic of Ireland; Sweden; Germany; the Netherlands and Italy, so I can accept payment in a number of currencies and in a number of ways. I live at 2461 Via Tosco Romagnola, Titignano, 56023 Cascina (PI), Italy. Send me an email or a lett...

..Scoop!! Pc hardware runs amiga software faster than amiga hardware!!
its true.. heres the proof.. http://www.totalamiga.org/bts.html Who can refute this evidence? On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 17:40:30 +0800, "MrJumbles" <fauxbrick1@hotmail.com> wrote: >its true.. >heres the proof.. >http://www.totalamiga.org/bts.html > >Who can refute this evidence? and yes, amithlon is great Amiga on PC :) > > > "Sam Smith" <sam@potionp.co.uk> wrote in news:bhvmoa$cle$1$8300dec7 @news.demon.co.uk: > What a shame you can't get Amithlon anymore though :( That's not entirely accurate. Amithlon is no longer being *developed*, but H&P will happily sell it to you (even though their legal right to do so has been contested by Amiga Inc). -- Gary Beeton Gary Beeton <gbeeton@shaw.ca> wrote: > 222 340736 <Xns93DD58D1B40D2gbeetonshawca@24.66.94.159> article retrieved - body follows > "Sam Smith" <sam@potionp.co.uk> wrote in news:bhvmoa$cle$1$8300dec7 > @news.demon.co.uk: > > > What a shame you can't get Amithlon anymore though :( > > That's not entirely accurate. Amithlon is no longer being *developed*, > but H&P will happily sell it to you (even though their legal right to > do so has been contested by Amiga Inc). Ethical meter dead again? What about your support for Amiga developers like "Bernd Meyer"? Terry tpalfrey@zool.com (Terry) wrote in news:93629742203@a1a65803.sympatico.bconnected.net: > G...

Acorn stuff FA
I've just put a couple of things up on eBay - no reserve and prices start at 1p. Including a copy of RISC OS 3.7 for all those people queueing up to get one.... ;-) See http://www.vigay.com/forsale/ for more info and links to eBay. Paul -- Paul __\\|//__ Life, (` o-o ') the Universe ---- www.segfault.co.uk ------ooO-(_)-Ooo------ & Everything ------ Posted using a RISC OS computer - 100% immune to all email viruses. (email address is genuine, to fool junkmailers) I love being married. It's so gre...

FA: Hardware And Software
Hi folks, Various things on Ebay at http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZaxalotyl Audio Dynamics DMI50S MIDI/Sampler Card plus ESP Media Pack CDBurn (latest) WebFX3D RISC OS Programmer's Reference Manuals CD RISC OS 4 Install Disc CD Acorn World 97 Beta CD Acorn User / Kosovo CD bundle Acorn Clan CD-Rom (Aug 97) Cheers ... Paul ...

Acorn NC or Acorn NetStation, looking for one.
I am looking for an Acorn NC with ethernet interface! If someone has one, please let me know, and a reasonable price. Complete, with the remote and etc! Thanks! Leonardo leonardo@editek.com In message <1192995978.255456.168910@y27g2000pre.googlegroups.com> leonardo.cohen@gmail.com wrote: > I am looking for an Acorn NC with ethernet interface! If someone has > one, please let me know, and a reasonable price. Complete, with the > remote and etc! I shall be eBaying an NC with ethernet, but no remote, fairly shortly, possibly in the next few weeks. Alan -- RISC OS - you know it makes cents ...

FA Acorn A4
Not me selling, just an acquaintance http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ACORN-ARCHIMEDES-A4-RARE_W0QQitemZ5228057988QQcategoryZ4193QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem Stuart -- Stuart Winsor From is valid but subject to change without notice if it gets spammed. For Barn dances and folk evenings in the Coventry and Warwickshire area See: http://www.barndance.org.uk ...

Virtual acorn on usb
Just wondering if was possible to run VA and other apps on a U3 compatible usb drive? cheers On Sun, 25 Mar 2007 16:03:54 +0000, Duncan MacCallum wrote: > Just wondering if was possible to run VA and other apps on a U3 > compatible usb drive? I don't see why not, unless VA have seen it necessary to nobble the software to prevent it from doing so. Although you should remember that VA's over-the-top copy-prevention/activation system will mean that you can only use it on the machine you activated it on, leaving little advantage to having it on removable media. B. Rob Kendr...

FA. Acorn A-Link
I am having a tidy up of some old stuff and have put an Acorn A-Link on ebay. The URL is all on one line of course. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5863122692&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1 -- _ .-----------------------------------------------. __ __| |_ __ __ | NB: When replying, please remove "invalid" | / _/ _` \ V V / | in the address. I am trying more and more | \__\__,_|\_/\_/ |__ suggestions to foil spammers ___| ...

FA: Acorn A4s
I have placed 2 A4s on ebay. Both were owned by a former Acorn employee, and one has a variety of unusal extras. I'd like to apologise to people I previously engaged in negotiations about selling these: but since a variety of extras came to light, and because I'm selling it on behalf, I thought it appropriate to get the best price possible for such cherished items, instead of struggling to price it myself. If you wish, you can collect from the South West Show on the 26th of February. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=8171151167&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=8171151946&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT -- Peter Naulls - peter@chocky.org | http://www.chocky.org/ ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please Reply Properly - http://www.i-hate-computers.demon.co.uk/quote.html ...

Artworks in Virtual Acorn
Following the discussion on Virtual Acorn and UAC I experimented with installing Virtual Acorn into a folder on a disc other than Disc C and it works perfectly. However, when I try to run Artworks I get the message CCShared System is not correctly set up. I recollect that this happened when I first set up Virtual Acorn, but foolishly I did not write down the solution. I recollect a file has to be put into Boot Resources but cannot remember the details. Any ideas? Thanks -- Barry Gray A child is a fire to be lit not a vessel to be filled In article <vRigy.142935...

Web resources about - FA: Stuart Tyrell A6DB PC with Virtual Acorn RPC-SE emulation software - comp.sys.acorn.hardware

Emulation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

RetroPie: Amiga Emulation with uae4all on the Pi - YouTube
Amiga emulation on the RetroPie. This is using 2.6.0, so please bear that in mind if you are using version 3, but it should still work in a very ...

emulation - 9to5Mac
Ever wished you could run your favorite iOS app on your Mac? What about your Windows machine or Android device? If creators of new Kickstarter ...

Xbox At E3: New Controller, Game Emulation, And Plenty Of Exclusives
Today is the first official day of the Electronic Entertainment Expo, otherwise known as E3, and the Xbox team was on-stage to deliver plenty ...

Windows 10 Mobile’s Android Emulation Project On Hold
Earlier in the year, Microsoft announced a number of projects designed to help developers port applications to Windows 10. These included Project ...

emulation - Android Police - Android News, Apps, Games, Phones, Tablets
One of the biggest drawbacks to buying apps on things like the Play Store is wondering if it does what you need it to do before you put your ...

Ouya to bolster launch games with NES, SNES, N64 emulation
System will come out of the gate packing a hefty retrogaming punch.

UPDATE: D.A. Davidson Raises PT on Mentor Graphics on Continued Emulation Success
In a report published Thursday, D.A. Davidson analyst Thomas Diffely reiterated a Buy rating on Mentor Graphics Corporation (NASDAQ: MENT), and ...

Andy brings seamless Android emulation to your desktop
Playing your favorite mobile games on a computer just got a whole lot easier. Andy is a standalone Android OS application for your desktop, bringing ...

Sony confirms PlayStation 2 emulation on the PlayStation 4 - Business Insider Deutschland
Two retro games were included with "Star Wars: Battlefront," and they point to something exciting happening.