Free: 2 Small IDE Hard Discs

I shall be donating 2 small hard discs to the Charity Stall at
Wakefield on Saturday; both Fujitsu; re-formatted to RISC OS 'E';
!DiscKnight tested.  One is 2GB, the other is 6GB and very
suitable for older machines, though I have used them until 18
months ago in RiscPCs.

If anyone wants either or both of these please let me know (see
email address in signature) and I will put your name on them.

Brian.

Brian Carroll, Ripon, North Yorkshire, UK  bric at f2s dot com
bric-nospam (871)

On 09 May, bric-nospam@argonet.co.uk wrote:
> I shall be donating 2 small hard discs to the Charity Stall at
> Wakefield on Saturday; ...

I also have a 17" IDEK Vision Master monitor that I bought from
a loving Acorn user for a spare some years ago but have hardly
used.  It almost killed me getting it from my storage space and
I cannot face putting it back :-(

I have given the monitor a good long run on a RiscPC and it
looks as good as ever. It comes with manual and original mains
and data cables, but no packing.

If anyone who is going to Wakefield by car and would like this
monitor, please let me know beforehand by email (see signature).
The charity stall cannot accept it but I would be pleased if the
recipient made a small donation in cash. Unless I have a
definite bid it will have to go to the Ripon dump.  What a shame!

Brian.

Brian Carroll, Ripon, North Yorkshire, UK  bric at f2s dot com
bric-nospam (871)
5/9/2006 5:24:11 PM
On 9 May 2006 as I do recall,
          Brian Carroll wrote:

[snip]

> If anyone who is going to Wakefield by car and would like this
> monitor, please let me know beforehand by email (see signature).
> The charity stall cannot accept it but I would be pleased if the
> recipient made a small donation in cash. Unless I have a
> definite bid it will have to go to the Ripon dump.  What a shame!

I'd like it for Martin (whose monitor recently died), but I'm not going
to Wakefield and we have no car... unless someone from London who *is*
going to Wakefield could arrange return transport...!

--
Harriet Bazley                     ==  Loyaulte me lie ==

A chicken is an egg's way of producing more eggs.
0
bazley (1305)
5/9/2006 8:25:40 PM
In article <4e246ac123bric-nospam@argonet.co.uk>, Brian Carroll
<bric-nospam@argonet.co.uk> wrote:
> On 09 May, bric-nospam@argonet.co.uk wrote:
> > I shall be donating 2 small hard discs to the Charity Stall
> > at Wakefield on Saturday; ...

[Snip]

> If anyone who is going to Wakefield by car and would like this
> monitor, please let me know beforehand by email (see
> signature). ...

Both hard discs and the monitor have now been 'claimed'.

Brian.

Brian Carroll, Ripon, North Yorkshire, UK  bric at f2s dot com
bric-nospam (871)
5/9/2006 8:32:15 PM
It seems you can't give CRTs away these days.

Literally - no school or charity wanted my company's old monitors, despite
them working fine and being better in many ways than LCDs.

I think we gave them to a place that refurbishes them for second and third
world countries.

"Harriet Bazley" <bazley@feathermail.co.uk> wrote in message

> A chicken is an egg's way of producing more eggs.

Not so - eggs are not always able to develop into egg-producing chickens,
and since most eggs are for human consumption most eggs are incapable of
creating more eggs.

Most eggs are thus by-products of creatures.
You could not state that dog turds are a turd's way of producing more turds
:->

On Tue, 09 May 2006 21:25:40 +0100, Harriet Bazley wrote:
> I'd like it for Martin (whose monitor recently died), but I'm not going
> to Wakefield and we have no car... unless someone from London who *is*
> going to Wakefield could arrange return transport...!

Try the London freecycle list; there's normally two or three a week
available on the Cambridge one...

Definitely no shortage of 17" displays about; larger ones are a bit harder
to come by!

cheers

Jules

On 10 May 2006 as I do recall,
          Jules wrote:

> On Tue, 09 May 2006 21:25:40 +0100, Harriet Bazley wrote:
> > I'd like it for Martin (whose monitor recently died), but I'm not going
> > to Wakefield and we have no car... unless someone from London who *is*
> > going to Wakefield could arrange return transport...!
>
> Try the London freecycle list; there's normally two or three a week
> available on the Cambridge one...
>
> Definitely no shortage of 17" displays about; larger ones are a bit harder
> to come by!

I've tried two in SW London so far, but both were gone before I got
there;  I get the impression most of the people on that list are sitting
over some kind of instant messaging software all day at work.   :-(

I get a daily digest, which puts me 24 hours behind everyone else.

--
Harriet Bazley                     ==  Loyaulte me lie ==

Many are called, few are chosen.  Fewer still get to do the choosing.
0
bazley (1305)
5/10/2006 4:06:58 AM
In article <pan.2006.05.10.00.42.45.367272@remove.this.yahoo.co.uk>,
   Jules <julesrichardsonuk@remove.this.yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> > I'd like it for Martin (whose monitor recently died), but I'm not going
> > to Wakefield and we have no car... unless someone from London who *is*
> > going to Wakefield could arrange return transport...!

> Try the London freecycle list; there's normally two or three a week
> available on the Cambridge one...

I've seen Harriet's posts on FreeCycle. But she hasn't got transport for a
large monitor.

I gave up on London FreeCycle after grief when trying to give away decent
stuff. Far too many time wasters. And far too many posts. ;-)

--
*A dog's not just for Christmas, it's alright on a Friday night too*

                  To e-mail, change noise into sound.
0
dave137 (3026)
5/10/2006 9:42:02 AM
On Wed, 10 May 2006 10:42:02 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

> In article <pan.2006.05.10.00.42.45.367272@remove.this.yahoo.co.uk>,
>    Jules <julesrichardsonuk@remove.this.yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>> > I'd like it for Martin (whose monitor recently died), but I'm not going
>> > to Wakefield and we have no car... unless someone from London who *is*
>> > going to Wakefield could arrange return transport...!
>
>> Try the London freecycle list; there's normally two or three a week
>> available on the Cambridge one...
>
> I've seen Harriet's posts on FreeCycle. But she hasn't got transport for a
> large monitor.

Hmm, I think if it was me getting rid of a large monitor on freecycle I'd
be more than happy to drop it off in passing if at all possible, just to
free up the space!

> I gave up on London FreeCycle after grief when trying to give away
> decent stuff. Far too many time wasters. And far too many posts. ;-)

They do seem to vary. The Cambridge list is really good. The one out here
in Minnesota where I spend half my time gets about one post a week though,
and it always seems to be regarding puppies. :-)

(I think I do actually have a spare 17" Iiyama screen in Cambridge, but
have no idea when I'll be near London next, and of course whether
that'll be anywhere near Harriet!)

cheers

Jules

In article <pan.2006.05.10.13.55.03.129848@remove.this.yahoo.co.uk>, Jules
<julesrichardsonuk@remove.this.yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> On Wed, 10 May 2006 10:42:02 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

[Snip]

> (I think I do actually have a spare 17" Iiyama screen in Cambridge, but
> have no idea when I'll be near London next, and of course whether that'll
> be anywhere near Harriet!)

Harriet lives in South Wimbledon (ish)

--
From KT24 - in drought-ridden Surrey

Using a RISC OS5 computer
0
charles7889 (2007)
5/10/2006 2:27:56 PM
On 10 May 2006 as I do recall,
          charles wrote:

> In article <pan.2006.05.10.13.55.03.129848@remove.this.yahoo.co.uk>, Jules
> <julesrichardsonuk@remove.this.yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> > On Wed, 10 May 2006 10:42:02 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
>
> [Snip]
>
> > (I think I do actually have a spare 17" Iiyama screen in Cambridge, but
> > have no idea when I'll be near London next, and of course whether that'll
> > be anywhere near Harriet!)
>
> Harriet lives in South Wimbledon (ish)

Actually, I suspect what I *really* need is simply a replacement AKF60,
as Martin likes to play old games and I suspect that 'modern' monitors
may not be able to cope with the necessary screen modes... but my
chances of finding one of those on Freecycle are probably pretty slim!

--
Harriet Bazley                     ==  Loyaulte me lie ==

A thing is not necessarily true because a man dies for it.
0
bazley (1305)
5/10/2006 11:45:47 PM
In article <de8611254e.harriet@freeuk.com>,
   Harriet Bazley <bazley@feathermail.co.uk> wrote:
> Actually, I suspect what I *really* need is simply a replacement AKF60,
> as Martin likes to play old games and I suspect that 'modern' monitors
> may not be able to cope with the necessary screen modes... but my
> chances of finding one of those on Freecycle are probably pretty slim!

That's the standard 14" that came with an RPC? I've got one you can have.
Check sig for real e-mail address.

--
*Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups *

                  To e-mail, change noise into sound.
0
dave137 (3026)
5/11/2006 11:06:35 PM
In message <de8611254e.harriet@freeuk.com>
          Harriet Bazley <bazley@feathermail.co.uk> wrote:

> o.co.uk>, Jules
>> <julesrichardsonuk@remove.this.yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

I have an AKF 60 going free but it is up in Middlesbrough.

Alan

--
Alan Leighton (Rev Dr)
Priory Lodge
Harriet Bazley  <bazley@feathermail.co.uk> wrote:
[snip]
>Actually, I suspect what I *really* need is simply a replacement AKF60,

I've got a couple of those here (in Oxford), but no method of
transporting them....  (I *did* once carry an A3000 plus monitor
across London and then on the train up to Oxford for a friend, but
I don't honestly recommend the experience :)

Chris.
0
chrisj1 (269)
5/12/2006 10:36:35 AM
>(I *did* once carry an A3000 plus monitor
>across London and then on the train up to Oxford for a friend, but
>I don't honestly recommend the experience :)

Couple of weeks ago I carried an A7000, keyboard, mouse, monitor, the
works, and an A3010 on the train from the isle of wight to coventry

Yes I am mad, yes I did die horribly when I reached coventry, and no I
will never do it again

0
dallimoj (58)
5/12/2006 12:02:44 PM
On Fri, 12 May 2006, Jon Dallimore wrote:

> >(I *did* once carry an A3000 plus monitor
> >across London and then on the train up to Oxford for a friend, but
> >I don't honestly recommend the experience :)
>
> Couple of weeks ago I carried an A7000, keyboard, mouse, monitor, the
> works, and an A3010 on the train from the isle of wight to coventry
>
> Yes I am mad, yes I did die horribly when I reached coventry, and no I
> will never do it again

I once took my A310, monitor, keyboard etc by train from Dover to
Leicester. I concur that it's a deeply miserable experience. I had to
bribe a guard at Leicester to let me use the lift to get from the platform
to street level.

--
Liam Gretton					Leiden, Netherlands
0
   Liam Gretton <news@binliner.demon.nl> wrote:
> I once took my A310, monitor, keyboard etc by train from Dover to
> Leicester. I concur that it's a deeply miserable experience. I had to
> bribe a guard at Leicester to let me use the lift to get from the
> platform to street level.

I sent my A310, monitor, keyboard etc by ParcelForce to Aberdeen about 10
years ago. Still hasn't arrived.

--
*How do you tell when you run out of invisible ink? *

                  To e-mail, change noise into sound.
0
dave137 (3026)
5/12/2006 4:34:46 PM
In message <eb70d0254e.alan@ntlworld.com>
          Alan Leighton <alan.leighton2@ntlworld.com> wrote:

> In message <de8611254e.harriet@freeuk.com>
>           Harriet Bazley <bazley@feathermail.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> o.co.uk>, Jules
>>> <julesrichardsonuk@remove.this.yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>
> I have an AKF 60 going free but it is up in Middlesbrough.
>
> Alan

If it helps anyone, I'll be at Wakefield tomorrow with a car,
returning to Northampton.

--
Alan Adams, from Northamptonshire
alan.adams@orchard-way.freeserve.co.uk
   Dave Plowman (News) <dave@davenoise.co.uk> wrote:
> In article <Pine.LNX.4.61.0605121610590.18354@cube.home.local>,
>    Liam Gretton <news@binliner.demon.nl> wrote:
> > I once took my A310, monitor, keyboard etc by train from Dover to
> > Leicester. I concur that it's a deeply miserable experience. I had to
> > bribe a guard at Leicester to let me use the lift to get from the
> > platform to street level.

> I sent my A310, monitor, keyboard etc by ParcelForce to Aberdeen about 10
> years ago. Still hasn't arrived.

Don't worry, Dave.  They'll find it 'back of a cabinet' just
in time for the Christmas post, 2196...  Look on it as a time
capsule, donated to posterity... ;))

--
Adoption  InterLink  UK with  -=-         http://www.billsimpson.com/
Domain Host Orpheus Internet  -=-  http://www.orpheusinternet.co.uk/
          Jon Dallimore wrote:

> >(I *did* once carry an A3000 plus monitor
> >across London and then on the train up to Oxford for a friend, but
> >I don't honestly recommend the experience :)
>
> Couple of weeks ago I carried an A7000, keyboard, mouse, monitor, the
> works, and an A3010 on the train from the isle of wight to coventry
>
> Yes I am mad, yes I did die horribly when I reached coventry, and no I
> will never do it again

I once took Christopher's Mico and 17" monitor on the train to Exeter...
missed my intended connection at Clapham Junction, had to wait an hour
for the next long-distance train, duly handed over the computer and then
got back on the same train (which had meanwhile reached the terminus and
turned round) ten minutes later to return to London.   I got some very
funny looks from the guard, who recognised me!

It was about a seven-hour round trip and incredibly boring, but hardly
*painful*... luggage trolleys are wonderful things for trundling luggage
down the road and across stations, and there's nothing like standing
around looking small and fragile in a long skirt for getting helpful
bystanders to carry heavy loads down the steps for you.   Works for
bicycles, too.  ;-)

--
Harriet Bazley                     ==  Loyaulte me lie ==

Sir Francis Drake circumcised the world with a 100-foot clipper.
0
bazley (1305)
5/12/2006 9:06:32 PM
On 12 May 2006 as I do recall,
          Alan Leighton wrote:

> In message <de8611254e.harriet@freeuk.com>
>           Harriet Bazley <bazley@feathermail.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > o.co.uk>, Jules
> >> <julesrichardsonuk@remove.this.yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>
> I have an AKF 60 going free but it is up in Middlesbrough.

I've had the offer of a local (SW London) monitor.   :-)

--
Harriet Bazley                     ==  Loyaulte me lie ==

USER ERROR: replace user and press any key to continue.
0
bazley (1305)
5/12/2006 9:07:37 PM
[snip]

>"Harriet Bazley" <bazley@feathermail.co.uk> wrote in message
>
>> A chicken is an egg's way of producing more eggs.
>
>Not so - eggs are not always able to develop into egg-producing chickens,
>and since most eggs are for human consumption most eggs are incapable of
>creating more eggs.
>
>Most eggs are thus by-products of creatures.
>You could not state that dog turds are a turd's way of producing more turds

And on that topic;

A human is our genes way of creating more genes.

Yours,

Phil L.
--
http://www.philipnet.com/ | http://director.sourceforge.net/
       http://www.windowsadvice.com/blogs/philipnet/

nospam8024 (635)
5/12/2006 10:34:39 PM
On Fri, 12 May 2006 20:02:47 +0100, Bill (Adopt) wrote:

> In article <4e25f1bd1adave@davenoise.co.uk>,
>    Dave Plowman (News) <dave@davenoise.co.uk> wrote:
>> In article <Pine.LNX.4.61.0605121610590.18354@cube.home.local>,
>>    Liam Gretton <news@binliner.demon.nl> wrote:
>> > I once took my A310, monitor, keyboard etc by train from Dover to
>> > Leicester. I concur that it's a deeply miserable experience. I had to
>> > bribe a guard at Leicester to let me use the lift to get from the
>> > platform to street level.
>
>> I sent my A310, monitor, keyboard etc by ParcelForce to Aberdeen about 10
>> years ago. Still hasn't arrived.
>
> Don't worry, Dave.  They'll find it 'back of a cabinet' just
> in time for the Christmas post, 2196...  Look on it as a time
> capsule, donated to posterity... ;))

Yeah, but it's ParcelFarce - it will have had an elephant or two dropped
on it by then (I suppose it's nice that they offer that service for free -
assuming that all you ever want to send is things that need elephants
dropping on them)

In article <c4af12264e.philip@philipnet.com>, Philip Ludlam
<nospam@philipnet.com> wrote:

[Snip]

> And on that topic;

> A human is our genes way of creating more genes.
> Yours,
> Phil L.

And on that topic furthur...

DNA uses anything it can to create more DNA, the external form used to
carry it (DNA) is of little consequence, as long as it's a *viable*
reproducer of more DNA.

To paraphrase...

Thou shalt have no other DNA before me.

And when religious folks say, God is in everyone...
Obvious allusion innit.

Literally it is, for as far as life on Earth is concerned, DNA IS God.

Dave S

dfs (2099)
5/13/2006 5:24:58 PM
In article <819e0a264e.harriet@freeuk.com>, Harriet Bazley
<bazley@feathermail.co.uk> wrote:
> there's nothing like standing around looking small and fragile in a long
> skirt for getting helpful bystanders to carry heavy loads down the steps
> for you.   Works for bicycles, too.  ;-)

Somehow I doubt if that would work for me. ;-) And it wouldn't suit my bicycle
either ...

--
	John Cartmell	john@ followed by finnybank.com	  0845 006 8822
	Qercus magazine	FAX +44 (0)8700-519-527		www.finnybank.com

john233 (5650)
5/13/2006 8:59:18 PM
On 12 May 2006, Harriet Bazley wrote:

> there's nothing like standing around looking small and fragile
> in a long skirt for getting helpful bystanders to carry heavy
> loads down the steps for you.   Works for bicycles, too.  ;-)

As far as I'm concerned you, as a woman, have just given an open
confession on behalf of all womankind that you all just take
advantage and use us blokes.

We all knew already, of course, but it's nice to have a public
admission. ;-)

--
VinceH - http://www.softrock.co.uk/info/vinceh.html
0
          VinceH <spam@softrock.co.uk> wrote:

> On 12 May 2006, Harriet Bazley wrote:
>
> > there's nothing like standing around looking small and fragile
> > in a long skirt for getting helpful bystanders to carry heavy
> > loads down the steps for you.   Works for bicycles, too.  ;-)
>
> As far as I'm concerned you, as a woman, have just given an open
> confession on behalf of all womankind that you all just take
> advantage and use us blokes.
>
> We all knew already, of course, but it's nice to have a public
> admission. ;-)

Vince, I have no doubt you look great in a skirt.

--
Peter Naulls - peter@chocky.org        | http://www.chocky.org/
RISC OS Community Wiki - add your own content   | http://www.riscos.info/
   Peter Naulls <peter@chocky.org> wrote:
> In message <gemini.iz86rj000ns6h00eg.spam@softrock.co.uk>
>           VinceH <spam@softrock.co.uk> wrote:

> > On 12 May 2006, Harriet Bazley wrote:
> >
> > > there's nothing like standing around looking small and fragile
> > > in a long skirt for getting helpful bystanders to carry heavy
> > > loads down the steps for you.   Works for bicycles, too.  ;-)
> >
> > As far as I'm concerned you, as a woman, have just given an open
> > confession on behalf of all womankind that you all just take
> > advantage and use us blokes.
> >
> > We all knew already, of course, but it's nice to have a public
> > admission. ;-)

> Vince, I have no doubt you look great in a skirt.

Camera standing by... ;)

--
 //\  // Chika <zvlhxv@penfuarg.bet.hx. - ROT13>
//  \//  Hitting Googlespammers with hyper-hammers!

.... "Bother", said Pooh, as he saw "Filecore in use."
0
miyuki1 (1402)
5/14/2006 12:17:42 AM
In message <4e267a2b80dfs@ukgateway.net>
          Dave Symes <dfs@ukgateway.net> wrote:

> In article <c4af12264e.philip@philipnet.com>, Philip Ludlam
> <nospam@philipnet.com> wrote:
>
> [Snip]
>
> > And on that topic;
>
> > A human is our genes way of creating more genes.
> > Yours,
> > Phil L.
>

> And on that topic furthur...
>
> DNA uses anything it can to create more DNA, the external form used to
> carry it (DNA) is of little consequence, as long as it's a *viable*
> reproducer of more DNA.

A bit anthropormorphic, and the Selfish Gene is but one way of looking
at things...

[snip]
--
Mark J
Poppyland.plus.com, not plu$.com.invalid, for private replies
   Chika <miyuki@spam-no-way.invalid> wrote:
> In article <bac69a264e.peter@chocky.org>,
>    Peter Naulls <peter@chocky.org> wrote:
> > In message <gemini.iz86rj000ns6h00eg.spam@softrock.co.uk>
> >           VinceH <spam@softrock.co.uk> wrote:

> > > As far as I'm concerned you, as a woman, have just given an open
> > > confession on behalf of all womankind that you all just take
> > > advantage and use us blokes.
> > >
> > > We all knew already, of course, but it's nice to have a public
> > > admission. ;-)

> > Vince, I have no doubt you look great in a skirt.

> Camera standing by... ;)

You haven't lived until you've seen a 6ft odd rastafarian in a lime green
sun top (it said so on the label) and open mesh stockings. Matching handbag
of course.[1]

Note: It *not* a good idea to lose the departmental fantasy football
league.

[1] I will see if anyone got good pictures.

In article <de8611254e.harriet@freeuk.com>, Harriet Bazley
<URL:mailto:bazley@feathermail.co.uk> wrote:
> On 10 May 2006 as I do recall,
>           charles wrote:
>
> > In article <pan.2006.05.10.13.55.03.129848@remove.this.yahoo.co.uk>, Jules
> > <julesrichardsonuk@remove.this.yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> > > On Wed, 10 May 2006 10:42:02 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
> >
> > [Snip]
> >
> > > (I think I do actually have a spare 17" Iiyama screen in Cambridge, but
> > > have no idea when I'll be near London next, and of course whether that'll
> > > be anywhere near Harriet!)
> >
> > Harriet lives in South Wimbledon (ish)
> >
> Actually, I suspect what I *really* need is simply a replacement AKF60,
> as Martin likes to play old games and I suspect that 'modern' monitors
> may not be able to cope with the necessary screen modes...

No the AKF60 scan range is standard SVGA. It is the AKF50/52/53 that also
supported the lower 15KHz 'TV' scan frequency!

Now LCDs are a different kettle of fish as they often don't allow
refreshrates of less than 60Hz, which I find a bit bizare as they could be
designed to accept much lower without any picture quality reduction!

Chris Evans

--
CJE Micro's / 4D                'RISC OS Specialists'
Telephone: 01903 523222             Fax: 01903 523679

0
chris8168 (2937)
5/16/2006 10:14:30 AM
Jules wrote:

> They do seem to vary. The Cambridge list is really good. The one out here
> in Minnesota where I spend half my time gets about one post a week though,
> and it always seems to be regarding puppies. :-

What, there's more than one Acorn user in Minnesota?

> (I think I do actually have a spare 17" Iiyama screen in Cambridge, but
> have no idea when I'll be near London next, and of course whether
> that'll be anywhere near Harriet!)

Pah, I have about 20 Iiyama monitors in our storeroom, which I can't get
rid of...

G.
0
allan1 (7)

Multiple 2.5" IDE laptop hard drives on one IDE channel?
I'm currently in the process of building a system out of spare parts. I'd like to use several laptop drives in this system, since I already have them, they're small (in case size), and they're far more quiet than the old desktop drives I have. The problem I've run into is that the only IDE to laptop IDE adapters I've found cost $10 or more and only work with one drive. What I was hoping to find was a way to hook up two of these drives to a single IDE port on my motherboard. Any suggestions? Thanks, Jeff -- Remove "no" and "spam"...

Free Pascal 2.2.2 released!
Hello, The Free Pascal team is pleased to announce that version 2.2.2 is released and available for download for all major platforms: (in alphabetical order) Dos, FreeBSD, Linux, Mac OS X, OS/2, Windows, Windows CE For different CPU types and both in 32 and 64 bit versions where applicable. Version 2.2.2 is the new stable version. It contains mostly bugfixes, and selected backported features. No major new features are introduced. Version 2.2.2 also has a cleanroom implementation of some routines that were suspected of copyright infringement. You are urged to upgrade to this new version to avoid possible copyright issues. Finally, the documentation has been revised completely and was brought up-to-date, so it describes the current compiler and RTL behaviour as closely as possible. You can download your copy from the usual location: http://www.freepascal.org/download.var A list of major changes is available on http://wiki.freepascal.org/User_Changes_2.2.2 If you download from a mirror, you may have to wait a couple of days for the mirror to pick up the new version. Enjoy, The Free Pascal team. Marco van de Voort <marcov@stack.nl> wrote: >Hello, > >The Free Pascal team is pleased to announce that version 2.2.2 is >released and available for download for all major platforms: >(in alphabetical order) > > Dos, FreeBSD, Linux, Mac OS X, OS/2, Windows, Windows CE > >Enjoy, > >The Fr...

SCSI Hard Disc #2
Can I confirm that an HD should spin up if powered, but the SCSI bus not plugged in? -- *You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive * Dave Plowman dave@davenoise.co.uk London SW To e-mail, change noise into sound. On 12 Dec 2004 "Dave Plowman (News)" <dave@davenoise.co.uk> wrote: > Can I confirm that an HD should spin up if powered, but the SCSI bus not > plugged in? Usually. ---druck -- The ARM Club Free Software - http://www.armclub.org.uk/free/ The 32bit Conversions Page - http://www.quantumsoft.co.uk/druck/ In article <4f6a3e1c4d.druck@druck.freeuk.net>, druck <news@druck.freeuk.com> wrote: > Usually. I have a situation here whereby the IDC connector at the back of a scsi caddy (rack) housing can ease out due to it being an interference fit with the nylon surround of the adjacent power connector. This has been known to cause a drive not to answer. I have shaved a little off the nylon to help but it cannot be completely cured. It just takes longer for a problem to show up, that's if I have not carried out a routine service in time. Lionel -- ___ ______ / / / ___/ 4 children | Sea Vixen for pugnacity / / ionel A.| \ mith 8 grandchildren, | Hunter for elegance / /____ __\ | no wonder life is a breeze | Phantom for clout /_______/ /_____/ http://www.argonet.co.uk/users/lionels | ZFC B+4+4 From an OS...

A3000 Hard Discs Take 2
Hello all! Thanks for all your help with my A3000 HDD woes! Particular thanks to Stuart, providing me with the hope of "A3000 Hard Discs Take 3"! However, my "Thor Turbo SCSI" podule has arrived, and I've fitted it. It's a lovely little 8-bit mini podule and the PCB bears the moniker "A3000 TURBO SCSI ADAPTOR Copyright � THOR ELECTRONIC SYSTEMS, Worcs, England" During startup, before the initialisation screen it provides the entry "Serial Port Turbo SCSI". *Podules provides the information "Serial Port Turbo SCSI/CDFS". I've provided a bunch of pictures, rather than attempt to type up the results of *ROMMODULES, *HELP xxx and the desktop etc. I'd appreciate any information that you might have! Picture of the rear of the card (full size Centronics): http://ozpass.co.uk/files/scsi/card_rear.jpg Picture of the top of the card: http://ozpass.co.uk/files/scsi/card_top.jpg The startup screen: http://ozpass.co.uk/files/scsi/startup_screen.jpg The RISCOS Desktop: http://ozpass.co.uk/files/scsi/desktop.jpg The results of *ROMMODULES: http://ozpass.co.uk/files/scsi/rommodules.jpg The results of various *HELP requests: http://ozpass.co.uk/files/scsi/help.jpg The result of *STATUS: http://ozpass.co.uk/files/scsi/status.jpg Thanks once again in advance! I've hooked up a LaCie 6GB external HDD that I've got lying around. Again, I'm aware that it's waaaay too big, but it's the smallest I&...

Add IDE hard disc to VxWoks
I conneted a IDE hard disc to my PC_104,and the bios can detect the hard disc,but the VxWorks can't! How can I config the VxWorks to solve this question? How can I set the parameter"IDE_INT_VEC"? Is there anybody can help me? Hi, Are you writing IDE driver? I am writing IDE driver for the sandisc CF card. When I am trying to build the BSP with INCLUDE_ATA, it expect following import parameters. IMPORT ATA_TYPE ataTypes [ATA_MAX_CTRLS][ATA_MAX_DRIVES]; IMPORT ATA_RESOURCE ataResources [ATA_MAX_CTRLS]; Do I need to provide these parameters? Should I read the card register...

Hard Disc Backup software #2
I would like to thank all those who have suggested alternative software for hard disc backup. I was quite pleasantly surprised by the number of replies. I was sorry to hear that Martyn Fox has now died. In the Help file he said: 'Acknowledgements are due to my son Alexander Fox who designed the application sprite and made several programming suggestions.' Does anyone know if Alexander has taken on his father's software? -- Hedley Hunnisett of Wigston Magna, Leicestershire. Using British RISC technology with StrongARM power! ...

BBC B Hardware
Free to collect - Market Harborough (South Leicestershire). Working(when tried a year ago) BBC B with Solidisk expansions (DFS and Sideways roms). Acorn Teletext adaptor. Some manuals. Lots of discs (5.25") in dfs and adfs formats. 5.25" disc drive but this was not working when last tried - probably just needs some judicious 'easing' of mechanics. Some manuals (altho' currently stored elsewhere so not available until 3rd March) Peter ...

Publish your program for free and enjoy worry free earning. 100% !!!! FREE (AND WE MEAN IT
Developers, please read this information. If you have some program or utility that you think may be interesting to somebody else, go ahead and submit it to www.dohnosoft.com This is 100% FREE!!! and DohnoSoft will take care of all issues related to sales, payments and customer support. You will just enjoy worry free earning, which will be 89% of each sold program. NO CREDIT CARDS, BANK INFORMATION OR ANY OTHER PAYMENT INFORMATION IS REQUIRED. After DohnoSoft sends money with PayPal, you receive an email letting you know about your payment. After clicking on the link included in the email...

FREE SOFTWARE #2 #2
FREE SOFTWARE ********************************** http://sites.google.com/site/freesoftwareonlinedownload On Wed, 20 Apr 2011 05:46:02 -0700 (PDT), ABIGAIL <abigailfh@hushmail.com> wrote: >FREE SOFTWARE Not dead yet. There's plenty out there if you know where to look. -- Steve Hayes from Tshwane, South Africa Web: http://hayesfam.bravehost.com/stevesig.htm Blog: http://methodius.blogspot.com E-mail - see web page, or parse: shayes at dunelm full stop org full stop uk ...

booting from CF-Card as IDE hard disc
Hi there! Has anyone done this successfully? My setup: - Atari Falcon - IDE44<->CF-Slot (pure wiring) adapter - SanDisk 128 MB Compact Flash Card HDDriver 8.1 installed successfully, as on any hard disc before. The "card disc" is fully functional. BUT: I am not able to boot from the card disc, have to load HDDriver from floppy though it is installed on card disc drive "C". I guess there is something with the TOS boot routines that makes them unable to recognise the card disc. Maybe I should try another CF-Card brand? Or do I have ...

Misc Acorn/BBC Hardware/Software up for free.
Hi Guys, I have been a keen retro computing enthusiast for as long as I can remember however I have no come to a point where I can no longer store the stuff I have. I have been slowly but surely giving things away over the last few year. I still have quite a few bits which as I uncover them whilst sorting the loft/garage/cupboards etc, I am starting to list and wondered if you or people you know might be interested in any of it. So I guess comes the shameless plug as I am listing it on my 'free to a good home' site called AnyGoodToYou.com where we have specifically set up a section for Vintage / classic hardware. Hope you can help as I really don't want this stuff to end up at the local WEEE dump. Cheers Allan ...

free free free
Simply follow the instructions below and in 2 to 3 weeks, you will have at least $40,000 dollars in your PayPal account http://clix.to/thebest ...

Unable to reformat hard disc on RPC #2
Hi, I have a RPC running RO 4.39 Adjust which is soon to go to a new home, and I'd like to reformat the HD before it goes to its new owner. Only problem is, I can't! I've copied !HForm to floppy and booted off it (shift-boot). Then run it as *!hform. Although it runs, it fails to format the disc. I've tried v2.56 and v2.58 but both fail: In 2.56, I take the default answers, choose F for format, S for short soak, Y for bootable and Y for long files. It tells me there's formatting in progress and a number increments to 19846 (= cylinders) but there's no disc activity. It then says "verifying ..." and, again, nothing. It just hangs. In 2.58 I again take the default and choose similar to 2.56 (Format, Short soak, Bootable). In this case I'm reported with an error and the format fails: A disc error has occurred when attempting to format this disc (error code 2) process aborting ... 4 0 0 0 0 0 81 And that's it! Otherwise, the disc seems fine, in as much as I can boot off it and run applications, etc. Any advice or suggestions (short of putting a hammer through it) are welcomed. Cheers, James On 2-Nov-2009, posaune <posaune@rocketmail.com> wrote: > I have a RPC running RO 4.39 Adjust which is soon to go to a new home, > and I'd like to reformat the HD before it goes to its new owner. Only > problem is, I can't! > > I've copied !HForm to floppy and booted off it (shift-boot). Then run > it as *!...

DipTrace Free 2.2
DipTrace is an advanced PCB design software application that consists of 4 modules: PCB Layout with high-class auto-router and 3D PCB Preview, Schematic Capture, Component and Pattern Editors that allow you to design your own component libraries. Besides being very simple to learn, this software has a very intuitive user interface and many innovative features. For instance, a schematic can be converted to a PCB with one mouse click. Advanced manual placement and auto-placement features allow to get acceptable placement in several minutes. The board designer can instantly renew the PCB ...

Free iPOD #2 #2
Check out this great site that is giving away totally FREE iPods! I've joined and I think you should as well. It's a completely legitimate offer, and this company has already given away $4 million in FREE stuff! All you have to do is join, complete an online offer, and refer friends to do the same. That's it! Here is my referral link. To help me get my iPod, click this exact link to join, or copy and paste it into a browser: http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=15015872 <npicaut@clemson.edu> wrote in message news:1110933957.266741.100620@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... > Check out this great site that is giving away totally FREE iPods! > > I've joined and I think you should as well. > > It's a completely legitimate offer, and this company has already given > away $4 million in FREE stuff! > > All you have to do is join, complete an online offer, and refer > friends > to do the same. That's it! > > Here is my referral link. To help me get my iPod, click this exact > link > to join, or copy and paste it into a browser: > http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=15015872 > Guess this idiot never bothered to read http://www.freeipods.com/Terms.aspx, section V.1.f. The violation has been reported. Hopefully they kill his account and he loses any points he has accrued so far in spamming us to obtain his free iPod. Spam abuse reported to: abuse@rackspace.com (GratisNetwork, owner of freeipods.com) postmaster@hu...

My Free Antivirus 2.2
My Free Antivirus is a unique algorithm of scanning, high speed of detection, daily antivirus base updates, protection from cyber viruses, trojans, worms. The Free Antivirus real-time protection module allows you to prevent malware intrusion attempts. My Free Antivirus is undemanding towards computer resources and completely compatible with Microsoft Windows versions including Windows Vista. The Free Antivirus has an easy-to-use interface and a small size distributive that is however a powerful antivirus tool. More Info: http://www.smartpctools.com/free_antivirus Download URL: http:...

Hardware Inspector 2.2
Is your IT inventory growing out of control? Do you need to know the exact configuration of all PCs in your network? Are you looking for an automated IT inventory tracking solution for your corporate IT equipment? Take a close look at Hardware Inspector - a powerful inventory tracking automation solution used by hundreds of IT administrators in every industry imaginable. Hardware Inspector tracks PCs, their configuration, hardware installed, serial numbers for IT equipment or their parts and other critical IT inventory data. With Hardware Inspector, there is no need to enter all...

free free free
http://sanarga.googlepages.com Lot of freeeeee stuffs like free eBooks, free Movies, free wallpapers, free softwares still many more ...

Freebie: Original Acorn 210Mb Hard Disc
In the course of helping a disabled friend to clear out a lot of old Acorn kit I have acquired one of the original 210Mb hard discs that were fitted to some Risc PCs. It is now formatted F+ (long file names) and contains the rudiments of a RISC OS 4.02 installation. I could re-format it to F (as original) which would leave it empty. I have given it a long run on a Risc PC; it checks out OK with DiscKnight and *Verify produces no defects. Does anyone want this drive for the cost of postage? Email me at the address below. Brian. -- ______________________________________________________________ Brian Carroll, Ripon, North Yorkshire, UK bric at f2s dot com ______________________________________________________________ On 12 Sep 2007 Brian Carroll <bric-nospam@argonet.co.uk> wrote: > In the course of helping a disabled friend to clear out a lot of > old Acorn kit I have acquired one of the original 210Mb hard > discs that were fitted to some Risc PCs. It is now formatted F+ > (long file names) and contains the rudiments of a RISC OS 4.02 > installation. I could re-format it to F (as original) which > would leave it empty. I have given it a long run on a Risc PC; > it checks out OK with DiscKnight and *Verify produces no > defects. These drives are so far past their expected lifetime, don't rely on them continuing to function. ---druck -- The ARM Club Free Software - http://www.armclub.org.uk/free/ The 32bit Conversions Page ...

free free free
Your affiliate ID is: g1272750 ...

Download 100 % free flash templates/intros/animations and many more free fla files. #2 #2
Free Flash files Download free flash templates/intros/animations and many more free fla files. 100% free http://www.flash4free.net Free learning resource and download php/flash contact form http://www.flash4free.net/flashpage2.html Download free flash buttons http://www.flash4free.net/flashpage4.html download free flash intros http://www.flash4free.net/flashpage6.html download free flash water effect http://www.flash4free.net/water_effect.html download free flash mouse effects http://www.flash4free.net/flashpage3.html Learn how to scroll in flash http://www.flash4free.net/scrollin...

IBM IDE hard disc is not recognized any more. Changing jumper ???
Some weeks ago one of my IBM EIDE hard disc starts to make some odd noises. So I decided to format it again. When I tried that operation from Win2000 the hard disc refuses to work any longer. So I decided to do that from DOS with the low level format tool or even try to inspect the hard disc with the Drive Fitness tool of IBM. Unfortuantely the hard disc is not accessible any more at boot time. It is not recognized by the hardware during the boot process. I tried it in another computer - without success. So is there something like a workaround like changing the jumper to modes like the one ...

[ANN] BlueJ 2.0 has been released (free IDE)
BlueJ version 2.0 has now been released. BlueJ is an integrated Java development environment specifically aimed at teaching and learning object-oriented programming. BlueJ offers unique interaction facilities that allow the interactive creation of objects and interactive invocation and testing of individual methods. The environment is ideal for small scale development and beginners getting into Java. It features sophisticated visualisation tools and an easy-to-use interface. New in this version: - adds support for J2SE 5.0 - full diagram keyboard navigation - editor improvements - interface improvements - a new text evaluation pane - improved jar file creation - many other improvements and bug fixes Get it from http://www.bluej.org Regards, Michael K�lling ...

Small but large (1TB) USB hard disc drive
Just to share that the Samsung M3 Portable HD available from CPC works fine with the RPi running RISC OS powered from a powered USB hub. It is originally formatted to NTFS, but can be reformatted to FAT32 easily using Fat32Format and used with Fat32fs. I chose to do this rather than use Filecore so files could be accessed by my NetBook as well. Small form factor in the same league as the RPi and my hub. Catalogue ref: CS2381813 John -- John Williams, now back in the UK - no attachments to these addresses! Non-RISC OS posters change user to johnrwilliams or put 'risc...

Web resources about - Free: 2 Small IDE Hard Discs - comp.sys.acorn.hardware