FS: 2 Pocket Books, Pocket Book II

I have two Acorn Pocket Books (one working, the other not) and one
Pocket Book II (fully working), which I would like to go to a good home.
I also have the link cable, which will connect to a RISC OS or Windows
machine via the serial port. I also have a ROM card with the 'Spell'
program which works fine.

I'm in Dorset, UK, and will happily post them to anywhere in the UK. Any
offers, please reply to this post or e-mail me.

Thanks,
Lawrence
0
oberon (15)

Lawrence Matthews wrote:
> I have two Acorn Pocket Books (one working, the other not) and one
> Pocket Book II (fully working), which I would like to go to a good home.
> I also have the link cable, which will connect to a RISC OS or Windows
> machine via the serial port. I also have a ROM card with the 'Spell'
> program which works fine.
>
> I'm in Dorset, UK, and will happily post them to anywhere in the UK. Any
> offers, please reply to this post or e-mail me.
>
> Thanks,
> Lawrence

The Pocket Book II and the link cable have both now been sold, so I have
the two Pocket Books (one working, the other not) and the Spell ROM
still available.

Lawrence
0
oberon (15)
5/25/2005 10:49:39 PM
On Wed, 25 May 2005 23:49:39 +0100, Lawrence Matthews wrote:

> Lawrence Matthews wrote:
>> I have two Acorn Pocket Books (one working, the other not) and one
>> Pocket Book II (fully working), which I would like to go to a good home.
>> I also have the link cable, which will connect to a RISC OS or Windows
>> machine via the serial port. I also have a ROM card with the 'Spell'
>> program which works fine.
>>
>> I'm in Dorset, UK, and will happily post them to anywhere in the UK. Any
>> offers, please reply to this post or e-mail me.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Lawrence
>
> The Pocket Book II and the link cable have both now been sold, so I have
> the two Pocket Books (one working, the other not) and the Spell ROM
> still available.

Somewhere at home (Cambridge area) I have a couple of unwanted link cables
by the way, just in case anyone needed one.

cheers

Jules

FS: Pocket Books, Pocket Book II, and extras
I have two Acorn Pocket Books, one working, the other not working but appears to be able to power on when the screen is half-closed (so I'd imagine would be fixable). I also have an Acorn Pocket Book II, fully functional. I have a link cable to connect these machines to either a RISC OS-based machine or a PC, and a ROM card with the 'Spell' programme on it. Any offers, reply to this post or email me. I'm in Dorset and am willing to post them to anywhere in the UK. Thanks, Lawrence Matthews ...

acorn pocket book #2
i need to find the pin out of the serial port on an "acorn pocket book". I have done a quick search on the Net with no luck. Will apprecaite any help. Robert On 22-Jun-2004, "robert" <robertg@ansonic.com.au> wrote: > i need to find the pin out of the serial port on an "acorn pocket book". I > have done a quick search on the Net with no luck. Will apprecaite any > help. Since the Acorn Pocketbook is a rebadged Psion 3, try searching for Psion 3 instead. A quick google through up this which might help you: www.gadec.com/psisync/cables.htm Chris -- How does a project get to be a year late? .... One day at a time. ...

FS: Acorn pocket book (Psion) A-Link
This is a RS232 serial interface for a Psion, found in the back of my office. Acorn number is AHA30. Is this of any interest to anyone before I junk it? (P&P would be about UKP2). -- Best Regards Eddie Contact address eddielord @ onetel.net.uk In message <417959c74c.eddie@eddie.brookhaven.plus.com> you wrote: >This is a RS232 serial interface for a Psion, found in the back of my >office. Acorn number is AHA30. Is this of any interest to anyone before >I junk it? (P&P would be about UKP2). > Yes I'm interested, it may be useful to use with my Psion workabout. Steve. In message <ceca60c74c.Steve@btinternet.com> Stephen <Steve@127.0.0.1> wrote: > In message <417959c74c.eddie@eddie.brookhaven.plus.com> you wrote: > > >This is a RS232 serial interface for a Psion, found in the back of my > >office. Acorn number is AHA30. Is this of any interest to anyone before > >I junk it? (P&P would be about UKP2). > > > > Yes I'm interested, it may be useful to use with my Psion workabout. And if this is suitable for the Pocketbook II, and if anyone else has one, I'd be interested too. Dave In article <1792d4c74c.davehigton@dsl.pipex.com>, Dave Higton <davehigton@dsl.pipex.com> wrote: > In message <ceca60c74c.Steve@btinternet.com> > Stephen <Steve@127.0.0.1> wrote: > > In message <417959c74c.eddie@eddie.brookhaven.plus.com...

Books, books, books!!!
I'm cleaning out my bookshelves and I have tons of Unix/Linux books to give away. (Also, networking, programming languages, internet stuff, etc.) If you live near Columbus, NJ (just south of Trenton), contact me ASAP to set a date for pick up. On Sunday night, they go into the recycling bin. Cy Burnot has written on 7/28/2011 8:27 PM: > I'm cleaning out my bookshelves and I have tons of Unix/Linux books to > give away. (Also, networking, programming languages, internet stuff, etc.) > > If you live near Columbus, NJ (just south of Trenton), contact me ASAP &g...

Books, Books, Books...
On-Line C/C++ Books http://chameleon.voxnet.gr/Books/index.php?key=cplusplus The most good books for me are "The C++ Programming Language" & "Thinking in C++" "Paul Gessos, a.k.a Chameleon" <cham_gss@hotmail.com> wrote: > On-Line C/C++ Books > > http://chameleon.voxnet.gr/Books/index.php?key=cplusplus Dear Paul, I temporarily disabled my news filters and found that you are posting anti-semitic crap again (see http://tinyurl.com/6tm3g, http://tinyurl.com/5bk26). Take your bullshit elsewhere. Jonathan Jonathan Turkanis schrie...

Acorn Pocket Book
I have an original acorn pocket book, still in good working order. I no longer have my Risc PC having had it stolen. Does anyone have, or know where I can get the "soap-box" adapter and software to enable me to connect my pocket book to my laptop PC? Cheers Tony ...

FS: Pocket Books
I still have the Pocket Books on sale, if anyone would like them. I'm in Dorset, and will happily post to the UK or abroad, please email me for details. Also, Richard Watkinson, I'm still waiting for the cheque for the Pocket Book II - could you please email me as to when it will arrive. Thanks! Thanks, Lawrence Matthews Lawrence Matthews wrote: > I still have the Pocket Books on sale, if anyone would like them. I'm in > Dorset, and will happily post to the UK or abroad, please email me for > details. > > Also, Richard Watkinson, I'm still waiting for the cheque for the Pocket > Book II - could you please email me as to when it will arrive. Thanks! > > Thanks, > Lawrence Matthews just seen your post - missed the original! how much did you want for a Pocketbook? cheers kez In message <429e1e32$1_2@mk-nntp-2.news.uk.tiscali.com> Lawrence Matthews <oberon@consoleia.co.uk> wrote: > I still have the Pocket Books on sale, if anyone would like them. I'm in > Dorset, and will happily post to the UK or abroad, please email me for > details. > > Also, Richard Watkinson, I'm still waiting for the cheque for the Pocket > Book II - could you please email me as to when it will arrive. Thanks! > > Thanks, > Lawrence Matthews The cheque is on it's way. Richard Watkinson Treasurer Sheffield Folk Festival http://www.sheffieldfolkfestival.org/ Join the RSPB today ...

Pocket book
I have a Pocket Book/Psion 3a which I've only just bought. It was not working due to a possibly duff screen but the thing that's preventing me finding out, is that the small piece of metal that sits in the middle of the battery tray is missing. I emailed Pinnocks who suggested, very unofficially, to bridge it with a piece of folded tinfoil. But does anybody have any other ideas, like where I might find one of these things? -- _ .-----------------------------------------------. __ __| |_ __ __ | NB: When replying, please remove "invalid" | / _/ _` \ V V / | in the address. I am trying more and more | \__\__,_|\_/\_/ |__ suggestions to foil spammers ___| In message <ant2223360b0+gH=@Florida.my.home> Chris Walker <chris_news@wymondham.demon.co.uk.invalid> wrote: > I have a Pocket Book/Psion 3a which I've only just bought. It was not working > due to a possibly duff screen but the thing that's preventing me finding out, > is that the small piece of metal that sits in the middle of the battery tray > is missing. I emailed Pinnocks who suggested, very unofficially, to bridge it > with a piece of folded tinfoil. But does anybody have any other ideas, like > where I might find one of these things? I can only think that you need to find someone else who is willing to cannibalise their broken device. Other than that, the tinfoil suggestion seems quite reasonable. I have ju...

Pocket Books
I've had a bit of a rummage around in my Acorn bits and bobs and dug up my Pocket Books - 2 original Acorn Pocket Books, and a Pocket Book II. I've no real use for them, but I'm sure somebody might like them. Both the PBII and one of the Pocket Books power up and work absolutely fine, but the other Pocket Book refuses to - but if the lid is slightly closed, it emits a short start-up beep and the screen flickers for a moment, which suggests to me it might just be a matter of a dodgy contact. I also have a Spell ROM card, and the A-Link cable which works with the Psion link software. (I haven't a working copy of the RISC OS software, the disk appears to have died on me). So, does anybody know how much this little collection's worth? I also have one copy of the Pocket Book user guide, and the Abacus user guide. I'm in Dorset, so I'll happily ship to anywhere in the UK. Thanks, Lawrence Matthews ...

The Book of books
The brutally frank but politically incorrect Book, HOMO, 99 AND 100% NONSAPIENS, that dared to tell the truth about religion, politics, and RACE which the powers that be desperately attempted to suppress is now FREE at: http://www.glorentz.com No one's education is complete until this book has been read. ...

FS: Pocket Books, another link cable
I've found a second Pocket Boot to Acorn/PC link cable, and also have two Pocket Books still available for sale to anyone who is interested. I'm in Dorset and will happily sell worldwide, please email me for details. Thanks, Lawrence ...

WTT: Book for book
Hello I have an extra copy of the software protection handbook and companion disk that I would like to trade for a copy of the eprom programmers handbook once sold by megasoft or utilities unlimited, I believe.If you have a copy and dont want to sell or trade but wouldnt mind scanning it in I would really appreciate it. I would really like to see this book. Thanks Leo -- Check out my auction for GBA SP Headphone adapters. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3534161928 Im looking for Commodore Cartridges! Got any? Check out my tradelist at http://www.commodore64.allhell.c...

[auction US] IBM PS/2 Hardware Interface Tech. Ref. Blue Book MINT #2
System Specific Info. Models 50,55SX60,65SX,70,90,95 <http://search.ebay.com/130086518753> [Ends march 11th, 2007] Louis, This seller is trying to drive you nuts by releasing his goodies bit by bit. Regards, Alvin. I'm on it. Alvin Andries wrote: > System Specific Info. Models 50,55SX60,65SX,70,90,95 > > <http://search.ebay.com/130086518753> > [Ends march 11th, 2007] > > Louis, > > This seller is trying to drive you nuts by releasing his goodies bit by bit. > > Regards, > Alvin. > > Damn it, Gerd, YOU buy it and YOU scan it. Louis Ohland wrote: > I'm on it. > > Alvin Andries wrote: >> System Specific Info. Models 50,55SX60,65SX,70,90,95 >> >> <http://search.ebay.com/130086518753> >> [Ends march 11th, 2007] >> >> Louis, >> >> This seller is trying to drive you nuts by releasing his goodies bit >> by bit. >> >> Regards, >> Alvin. >> >> "Louis Ohland" <ohland@charter.net> wrote in message news:eUWIh.32$2A3.26@newsfe02.lga... > Damn it, Gerd, YOU buy it and YOU scan it. > > Louis Ohland wrote: > > I'm on it. > > > > Alvin Andries wrote: > >> System Specific Info. Models 50,55SX60,65SX,70,90,95 > >> > >> <http://search.ebay.com/130086518753> > >> [Ends march ...

Pocket system to read pdf books
Hi there, I'm very new here... Maybe you can help me finding information or cousels about pocket PC pda that can serve as an e-book reader when I'm on the train, etc ... Thanks Johann ...

FS: Colouring Book on your PC #2
Interested in the Item See link for details: http://search.stores.ebay.co.uk/search/search.dll?query=assault&srchdesc=y&sid=20887405&store=seals4-deals&colorid=10&fp=0&st=2&fsoo=1&fsop=1&submit=Search We give you MORE than others with FAST efficient despatch and FREE postal insurance. With OUR Full Money back guarantee for faulty software including the cost of returning the item. Visit our store to see our feedback, we have thousands of satisfied customers Find this and more at our fully searchable EBAY shop: http://stores.ebay.co.uk/seals4-Deal...

FS : Books about Acorn, RiscOS, etc.
Offers please (+ carriage) Book List 6502 Machine Code for Beginners Archimedes Game Maker's Manual Basic WIMP Programming on the Acorn Dabhand Guide to Artworks How To Write Adventure Games For The BBC Micro Acorn Risc PC Welcome Guide Risc PC x86 Card User Guide RISC OS 3 Style Guide (still shrink wrapped with disc) Regards, Jonathan. -- Internet access with RISC OS 4.02 : <J.C. Conner> Cuius testiculos habes, habeas cardia et cerebellum. -- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods) ...

FS: Colouring Book on your PC #2
Interested in the Item See link for details: http://search.stores.ebay.co.uk/search/search.dll?query=assault&srchdesc=y&sid=20887405&store=seals4-deals&colorid=10&fp=0&st=2&fsoo=1&fsop=1&submit=Search We give you MORE than others with FAST efficient despatch and FREE postal insurance. With OUR Full Money back guarantee for faulty software including the cost of returning the item. Visit our store to see our feedback, we have thousands of satisfied customers Find this and more at our fully searchable EBAY shop: http://stores.ebay.co.uk/seals4-Deal...

FS: 2 (German) C64 books
I have this 2 (German) books to give away: - 3D-Konstruktion mit GIGA-CAD Plus auf dem C64/C128 Stefan Vilsmeier M&T, 1986 comes with the software on 2 disks - GIGA-PAINT Wolfgang Oppacher, Klaus Oppacher, Markus Wenzel M&T, 1988 comes with the software on 2 disks Since I don't have my C64 set up right now, I did not try if the disks are working, but they were OK the last time I used them a few years ago. All I ask for is 2 Euros (for shipping and handling) for each book if you live in Germany. If you live somewhere else it will be more, but just enough to cover shi...

FS: Amiga software, hardware & books
Tons of Amiga software & books plus some hardware. Please view the list at http://www.geocities.com/aca330/amiga/ . There's a contact me form there. ...

Misc Commodore Hardware/Books FS-eBay
Greetings: I have come across a little bit of nice commodore hardware and some books, and have decided to sell them. Below is a small description and an eBay link. Any comments or questions, please feel free to email me @ stiggity99(at)comcast.net Boxed Commodore 64, w/ Aftermarket Power Supply http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330190788079 Boxed Commodore 64, works 100% http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330190791826 Aprotek Cartridge Port Expander. Works 100%, Excellent Shape. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330190793809 Lot...

AD: FS: All Atari Books! 20% off! #2
I have Boxes and Boxes of Atari Books for Sale! Some I have Lots of and some I have 1 or 2 left! I have more Atari Books than anywhere else. Atari, one of the most well documented Computers ever! I have them Both for 8 Bit & ST! Some you wont find anywhere else but here! On sale, all my Atari Books, 20% off. E-Mail or call (503)256-9974! http://BensCatalogs.Atari.org WebSite & Atari Catalogs! http://www.aracnet.com/~atari/adoption.htm http://www.aracnet.com/~atari/books.htm More about Books! http://www.aracnet.com/~atari/8btbooks.htm 8 Bit Book List! http://www.aracnet.com/~atari/stbooks.htm ST Book List! http://www.aracnet.com/~atari/emulator.htm Atari Emulators! http://www.aracnet.com/~atari/specials.htm What's up Doc! http://www.aracnet.com/~atari/windoze.htm That other Operating System! I've got a fast turnaround rate. Usually, Once I receive payment your order goes out the same day. Customers love the speedy service! I have lots of Atari SoftWare & Books. Which I can send by Media Mail Rate! Please Direct all Replies Through E-Mail to: BenSells@Atari.org or Atari@aracnet.com. If you can't reach me, see my info at the Bottom! Atari Jaguar, 8 Bit and ST Games/Software, Hardware/Accessories & References/ Books. FREE Catalogs on Ben's Domain at http://BensCatalogs.Atari.org or at http://BenSells.Atari.org Catalogs can be attached to,Requested by & Received Through E-Mail ...

Migrating Palm address book to Pocket Pc...
my wife's clie was stolen and we've replaced it with a toshiba pocket pc. she would like to move her palm address book to the pocket pc. how can we do this? sorry for the newbie question but i'm trying to get this done for her while she's out of town for a couple of days. thanks. ...

FS: TONS of Amiga Software, Hardware & Books
Check out the pile of Amiga Software, Hardware & Books I have for sale at http://www.geocities.com/aca330/amiga/. I'm in Southern Ontario, Canada, but will ship anywhere. No reasonable offer refused (I'm not looking to get rich, just to clear this stuff out), and I will consider any guitar or guitar parts trade offers. Contact form on page above (please do not reply to newsgroups). Thanks for looking! ...

FS: Treasure Island Story Book on your PC #2
Visit http://www.seals4deals.co.uk Treasure Island Story Book on your PC Interested in the Item See link for details: http://search.stores.ebay.co.uk/search/search.dll?wp_ml=0&query=treasure&srchdesc=y&sid=20887405&store=seals4-deals&colorid=10&fp=0&st=2&fsoo=1&fsop=1&submit=Search We give you MORE than others with FAST efficient despatch and FREE postal insurance. With OUR Full Money back guarantee for faulty software including the cost of returning the item. Visit our store to see our feedback, we have thousands of satisfied customers ...

Web resources about - FS: 2 Pocket Books, Pocket Book II - comp.sys.acorn.hardware

Pocket - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A pocket is a bag - or envelope -like receptacle either fastened to or inserted in an article of clothing to hold small items. Pockets may also ...

Dividends about to fill investor pockets
... but about $19 billion in dividends is about to begin flowing. Lilly Vitorovich About $19 billion is about to begin flowing into the pockets ...

Jesse Hogan’s wayward kicking could hurt his hip pocket, says David Schwarz - HeraldSun Search Search ...
... defender Tom McDonald says Jesse Hogan simply had an off day with his kicking, which Demons great David Schwarz warns could hurt his hip pocket. ...

E-cigarette explodes inside man's pocket
Video shows sparks and flames erupt from a Kentucky man's trousers after his e-cigarette battery explodes.

NRL clubs that neglect player welfare are being hit in the hip-pocket
The NRL has a 'reverse Robin Hood' rule where they take money from poor clubs and give it to rich clubs.

Price Drop: Pocket Sheep
Pocket Sheep 1.8.0 Device: iOS Universal Category: Games Price: Free, Version: 1.8.0 ( iTunes ) Description: They are tiny. They are cute. ...

Carfection looks for the ultimate pocket rocket
Filed under: Videos , Ford , MINI , Renault , Hatchback , Performance The aging Ford Fiesta ST takes on the latest Renault Clio RS 220 Trophy ...

GPD Win is a pocket-sized Windows 10 laptop
Lugging around a full-size laptop so you can do a spot of work from anywhere can be a pain. Even using a Windows 10 slate, like the Surface Pro ...

Congressmen Have No Idea Why Special Operators Have To Pay Out Of Pocket For Basic Gear
... Jonah Bennett For reasons still unclear, elite special operators are often let down by their respective services and have to pay out of pocket ...

A premium iPad case company just launched a VR headset that fits in your pocket
Anyone with a modern phone can run Google Cardboard, a platform of apps that can turn your phone into a virtual reality headset. The only hardware ...