FS: Acorn Kinetic RiscPC system!

By popular demand, the Kinetic RiscPC has been relisted on ebay -

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2764785326

New starting price of just �50.

----

Complete Acorn Kinetic RiscPC system:

  * Acorn RiscPC600 computer (with 16 bit sound)
  * Castle Kinetic upgrade
  * Acorn AKF-85 monitor
  * Keyboard, mouse and mousemat
  * All cables supplied (including 10 baseT Ethernet lead)
  * Excellent condition

Hardware:

  * Castle Kinetic upgrade with 233MHz rev-T StrongARM CPU
  * Kinetic card has 64MB SDRAM onboard
  * 16MB standard RAM
  * 2MB VRAM (gives 1280x1024x256 at 60Hz)
  * Fujitsu 1.2GB hard disc drive
  * 8x Sony CDROM drive
  * i-cubed Ethernet network interface card

Software:

  * 32 bit Acorn C/C++ Development Suite (worth 200 UKP, on CD and installed)
  * RISC OS 4.03 (includes install disc CD - with loads of extra software)
  * Latest 32 bit SharedCLibrary and !System from Castle Technology
  * A selection of popular public domain software already installed

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2764785326
0
mail7220 (7)

In article <985dc53e.0311081337.524b8319@posting.google.com>, RudeShark
<mail@winfold.co.uk> writes
>By popular demand, the Kinetic RiscPC has been relisted on ebay -
>
>http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2764785326

"Demand". I thought lack of demand usually resulted in a relisting ;)

Never mind the starting price, have you set a reserve?

Richard
--
Acorn 8-bits, 32-bits, some in bits... Amiga, ST/E   |\      _,,,---,,_
iBook, G4, Dell P410, Sinclairs, ACW/ABC210          /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,
          Richard Kilpatrick <richard@dmc12.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> In article <985dc53e.0311081337.524b8319@posting.google.com>, RudeShark
> <mail@winfold.co.uk> writes
> >By popular demand, the Kinetic RiscPC has been relisted on ebay -
> >
> >http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2764785326
>
> "Demand". I thought lack of demand usually resulted in a relisting ;)
>
> Never mind the starting price, have you set a reserve?

Looking at the site, I would come to the conclusion that 'reserve not met'
means that a reserve has been set.

Cheers.

--
Peter Campbell-Banks
Ramsgate
   Peter Campbell-Banks <Peter@petercb.f2s.com> wrote:

> Looking at the site, I would come to the conclusion that 'reserve not
> met' means that a reserve has been set.

Well, I just bought a slightly higher spec RPC than that one (ie. 128MB
Kinetic) for 125.00 all inc. so I hope the reserve price is not more than
100 quid.

--
                               __\\|//__            Life,
                               (` o-o ')        the Universe

Posted using a RISC OS computer - 100% immune to all email viruses.

Deadpan. Utterly.
0
nospam126 (984)
11/10/2003 7:00:06 PM
In article <4c4f4cff5eNOSPAM@segfault.co.uk>,
   pv <NOSPAM@segfault.co.uk> wrote:
> In article <65d2364f4c%Peter@petercb.f2s.com>,
>    Peter Campbell-Banks <Peter@petercb.f2s.com> wrote:
>
> > Looking at the site, I would come to the conclusion that 'reserve not
> > met' means that a reserve has been set.
>
> Well, I just bought a slightly higher spec RPC than that one (ie. 128MB
> Kinetic) for 125.00 all inc. so I hope the reserve price is not more than
> 100 quid.

Was that a complete system? Seems a little cheap, especially seeing how much
these are going for at reputable sites like CJE Micros. I can't see how
you'd put a system together for less than 4-500 quid. Mind you, I haven't
read AU for a long time...

Maybe those C tools should be on sale separately? I'd pay 100 quid for them
if I didn't already have them.

Steve

--
Steve Revill @ Home
Note: All opinions expressed herein are my own.
          pv <NOSPAM@segfault.co.uk> wrote:

> In article <65d2364f4c%Peter@petercb.f2s.com>,
>    Peter Campbell-Banks <Peter@petercb.f2s.com> wrote:
>
> > Looking at the site, I would come to the conclusion that 'reserve not
> > met' means that a reserve has been set.
>
> Well, I just bought a slightly higher spec RPC than that one (ie. 128MB
> Kinetic) for 125.00 all inc. so I hope the reserve price is not more than
> 100 quid.

But, but, but....Where on earth do you get a Kinetic based machine for
that sort of price???
It's worth buying just for the card itself!

Cheers!
--
Graham
The RISC OS software site - www.thedeathzone.free-online.co.uk/software
   SteNews <sarev.of.aona.DELETE@ukgateway.net> wrote:
> Was that a complete system? Seems a little cheap, especially seeing how
> much these are going for at reputable sites like CJE Micros. I can't see
> how you'd put a system together for less than 4-500 quid. Mind you, I
> haven't read AU for a long time...

Yep. It was, although I didn't need a monitor, as I already have plenty of
old ones.

Had a 4GD hard drive and 32x CD drive as well :-)

--
                               __\\|//__            Life,
                               (` o-o ')        the Universe
---- www.segfault.co.uk ------ooO-(_)-Ooo------ & Everything ------

Posted using a RISC OS computer - 100% immune to all email viruses.

You have the power to be anything you want.
0
nospam126 (984)
11/11/2003 7:47:56 PM
In article <51c4564f4c.TheDoctor@thedeathzone.free-online.co.uk>,
   The Doctor <thedoctor@thedeathzone.free-online.co.uk> wrote:
> But, but, but....Where on earth do you get a Kinetic based machine for
> that sort of price??? It's worth buying just for the card itself!

I know. I think I was pretty lucky (spotted it on one of these newsgroups
though!), as I've an old RPC 700 which I wanted to upgrade to ROS 4 and SA,
but worked out too expensive - then I spotted that whole machine for less
than the ROS 4 upgrade! :-)

--
                               __\\|//__            Life,
                               (` o-o ')        the Universe
---- www.segfault.co.uk ------ooO-(_)-Ooo------ & Everything ------

Posted using a RISC OS computer - 100% immune to all email viruses.

There's no Betty Rubble in the Flintstone Chewables.
0
nospam126 (984)
11/11/2003 8:00:42 PM
In article <4c4fd6618fNOSPAM@segfault.co.uk>,
   pv <NOSPAM@segfault.co.uk> wrote:
> In article <51c4564f4c.TheDoctor@thedeathzone.free-online.co.uk>,
>    The Doctor <thedoctor@thedeathzone.free-online.co.uk> wrote:
> > But, but, but....Where on earth do you get a Kinetic based machine for
> > that sort of price??? It's worth buying just for the card itself!
>
> I know. I think I was pretty lucky (spotted it on one of these newsgroups
> though!), as I've an old RPC 700 which I wanted to upgrade to ROS 4 and
> SA, but worked out too expensive - then I spotted that whole machine for
> less than the ROS 4 upgrade! :-)

OK. There's always a nutter who'll sell something for next to nothing... ;)

So 125 quid isn't really representative. I still stand by what I said about
not being able to put a system like that together second hand for less than
400 (500 with the tools CD 'cos that's still on sale now and rather pricey).

I'd put a reserve of at least 350 on a Kinetic RPC 'cos I'd be gutted about
parting with it for less. :(

I wonder what a second hand Iyonix would go for...?

Steve

--
Steve Revill @ Home
Note: All opinions expressed herein are my own.
In article <4c4f4cff5eNOSPAM@segfault.co.uk>,
   pv <NOSPAM@segfault.co.uk> wrote:
> In article <65d2364f4c%Peter@petercb.f2s.com>,
>    Peter Campbell-Banks <Peter@petercb.f2s.com> wrote:

> > Looking at the site, I would come to the conclusion that 'reserve not
> > met' means that a reserve has been set.

> Well, I just bought a slightly higher spec RPC than that one (ie. 128MB
> Kinetic) for 125.00 all inc. so I hope the reserve price is not more
> than 100 quid.

You're not the one who outbid me (tamias_striatus) on Ebay for the RPC
with very little information on the page, are you?

That machine was for a friend whose mum is finally upgrading from an
A3020 to a more modern machine. Just think, your selfishness could have
starved the market out of another user ;-)

Doesn't matter now anyway, we've found her a RPC600 for peanuts. Just
waiting for the seller to contact me (been a week since payment) oh joy...

--
He who has imagination without learning has wings but no feet.

||Mark Rowan||  Castle Iyonix 600MHz XScale, 128MB, ADFS 80+40GB, RO 5.03
  http://www.tamias.co.uk  |  mark (at) tamias co uk  |  ICQ 30759398
    spam@tamias.co.uk is a genuine address but will be slow to reply
0
artillery (532)
11/12/2003 3:31:19 AM
In article <4c4fffa2bbartillery@hotpop.com>,
   Mark Rowan <artillery@hotpop.com> wrote:
> You're not the one who outbid me (tamias_striatus) on Ebay for the RPC
> with very little information on the page, are you?

Nope. Private sale, no eBay auction. I was the only person who was
interested apparently. :-)

> That machine was for a friend whose mum is finally upgrading from an
> A3020 to a more modern machine. Just think, your selfishness could have
> starved the market out of another user ;-)

Erm, why? If I see a machine and think it looks like a bargain, then make
an offer which is accepted, why is that being selfish?

> Doesn't matter now anyway, we've found her a RPC600 for peanuts. Just
> waiting for the seller to contact me (been a week since payment) oh joy...

I may have an RPC700 for sale (the one I was originally going to upgrade),
but I couldn't really be bothered to put it on eBay as it's rather a
palaver trying to arrange packing and delivery on items much bigger than
jiffy bag size. :-)

--
Paul                           __\\|//__            Life,
                               (` o-o ')        the Universe
---- www.segfault.co.uk ------ooO-(_)-Ooo------ & Everything ------

Posted using a RISC OS computer - 100% immune to all email viruses.

A snail can sleep for three years.
0
nospam126 (984)
11/12/2003 11:21:52 PM
In article <4c506ca267NOSPAM@segfault.co.uk>,
   pv <NOSPAM@segfault.co.uk> wrote:
> In article <4c4fffa2bbartillery@hotpop.com>,
>    Mark Rowan <artillery@hotpop.com> wrote:
> > You're not the one who outbid me (tamias_striatus) on Ebay for the RPC
> > with very little information on the page, are you?

> Nope. Private sale, no eBay auction. I was the only person who was
> interested apparently. :-)

Lucky man!

> > That machine was for a friend whose mum is finally upgrading from an
> > A3020 to a more modern machine. Just think, your selfishness could
> > have starved the market out of another user ;-)

> Erm, why? If I see a machine and think it looks like a bargain, then
> make an offer which is accepted, why is that being selfish?

You didn't seem to notice the smiley... I was hoping you'd take the joke
as intended :-)

It's certainly not selfish in any way, so don't worry, I'm not accusing
you of that!

> > Doesn't matter now anyway, we've found her a RPC600 for peanuts. Just
> > waiting for the seller to contact me (been a week since payment) oh
> > joy...

> I may have an RPC700 for sale (the one I was originally going to
> upgrade), but I couldn't really be bothered to put it on eBay as it's
> rather a palaver trying to arrange packing and delivery on items much
> bigger than jiffy bag size. :-)

Well keep it on the side, because if this RPC600 turns out to be a
mythical item and the seller has in fact just ripped my friend off
�28+�12 postage then I'm sure he'll consider your RPC700 once we've got
his money back. I'm getting rather worried now, it's been almost 10 days
and no contact from the seller :-/

--
.... The ultimate mail reader is here!!!!

||Mark Rowan||  Castle Iyonix 600MHz XScale, 128MB, ADFS 80+40GB, RO 5.03
  http://www.tamias.co.uk  |  mark (at) tamias co uk  |  ICQ 30759398
    spam@tamias.co.uk is a genuine address but will be slow to reply
0
artillery (532)
11/13/2003 1:20:14 AM
On 11 Nov, in message <4c4fe6269fsarev.of.aona.DELETE@ukgateway.net>
  SteNews <sarev.of.aona.DELETE@ukgateway.net> wrote:

>In article <4c4fd6618fNOSPAM@segfault.co.uk>,
>   pv <NOSPAM@segfault.co.uk> wrote:
>> In article <51c4564f4c.TheDoctor@thedeathzone.free-online.co.uk>,
>>    The Doctor <thedoctor@thedeathzone.free-online.co.uk> wrote:
>> > But, but, but....Where on earth do you get a Kinetic based machine for
>> > that sort of price??? It's worth buying just for the card itself!
>>
>> I know. I think I was pretty lucky (spotted it on one of these newsgroups
>> though!), as I've an old RPC 700 which I wanted to upgrade to ROS 4 and
>> SA, but worked out too expensive - then I spotted that whole machine for
>> less than the ROS 4 upgrade! :-)
>
>OK. There's always a nutter who'll sell something for next to nothing... ;)
>
>So 125 quid isn't really representative. I still stand by what I said about
>not being able to put a system like that together second hand for less than
>400 (500 with the tools CD 'cos that's still on sale now and rather pricey).
>
>I'd put a reserve of at least 350 on a Kinetic RPC 'cos I'd be gutted about
>parting with it for less. :(
>
>I wonder what a second hand Iyonix would go for...?

The last time we checked it was IIRC(!) 900UKP.

Yours,

Phil L.
--
 http://www.philipnet.com                http://director.sourceforge.net
The From address is valid, but anything over 32k is deleted by the server

0
nospam8024 (635)
11/13/2003 3:39:47 PM
> OK. There's always a nutter who'll sell something for next to nothing... ;)

Yeah, this "RISC PC" is going for only one cent!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2766976640&category=51121
;-)

0
dev7461 (7)

FS: Acorn Kinetic RiscPC system
Over at ebay you can find the following auction: Complete Acorn Kinetic RiscPC system: * Acorn RiscPC600 computer (with 16 bit sound) * Castle Kinetic upgrade * Acorn AKF-85 monitor * Keyboard, mouse and mousemat * All cables supplied (including 10 baseT Ethernet lead) * Excellent condition Hardware: * Castle Kinetic upgrade with 233MHz rev-T StrongARM CPU * Kinetic card has 64MB SDRAM onboard * 16MB standard RAM * 2MB VRAM (gives 1280x1024x256 at 60Hz) * Fujitsu 1.2GB hard disc drive * 8x Sony CDROM drive * i-cubed Ethernet network interface card Software: * ...

FS: Acorn Kinetic RiscPC system
Over at ebay you can find the following auction: Complete Acorn Kinetic RiscPC system: * Acorn RiscPC600 computer (with 16 bit sound) * Castle Kinetic upgrade * Acorn AKF-85 monitor * Keyboard, mouse and mousemat * All cables supplied (including 10 baseT Ethernet lead) * Excellent condition Hardware: * Castle Kinetic upgrade with 233MHz rev-T StrongARM CPU * Kinetic card has 64MB SDRAM onboard * 16MB standard RAM * 2MB VRAM (gives 1280x1024x256 at 60Hz) * Fujitsu 1.2GB hard disc drive * 8x Sony CDROM drive * i-cubed Ethernet network interface card Software: * 32 bit Acorn C/C++ Development Suite (worth 200 UKP, on CD and installed) * RISC OS 4.03 (includes install disc CD - with loads of extra software) * Latest 32 bit SharedCLibrary and !System from Castle Technology * A selection of popular public domain software already installed http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2761197683 ...

FS: Misc Acorn (and non-Acorn) hardware
Like Peter Naulls yesterday, I'm trying to get rid of my remaining Risc PC and the related hardware. I've put them on eBay. The Acorn-specific items are: Acorn Risc PC StrongARM 233 MHz + Power-tec SCSI http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202188067 i-cubed EtherLan600 for Acorn Risc PC/A7000 http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202186713 Acorn Risc PC power supply, backplane and screws http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202185817 RISC OS Select http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202184767 STD PS2Mouse for Acorn Risc PC http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202183392 Acorn MEU + Plextor PlexWriter RW 4220 internal SCSI http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202182624 Graphic tablet PaintPal Deluxe http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202181086 The rest is not Acorn-specific but was connected to either a Risc PC or a Iyonix and therefore may be of interest here as well: Mitsumi FA402M 3.5" Floppy and 7in1 Media Drive http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202179719 Sony 3.5" Floppy MPF 920 http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202177159 ELSA MicroLink ISDN 4U Router/Hub http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5777800061 Iomega ZIP 100 Drive external SCSI http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202173954 HP ScanJet 3c SCSI http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...

FS: All manner of Acorn Hardware
Hi all I'm loosing my room at my parents, which means my collection of Acorn stuff has to go! This includes but is not limited to some of the following; A5000, standard, old college machine A3000, with external hard drive and a 5 1/4" floppy disc (this machine i love, grew up with it but have no where to put it), also has a network card RISC PC 700, another ex college one, works, think i might have put a strong arm and PC card in it. Acorn electron, with tapes and two power supplies Star dot matrix printer for the acorn, includes at least one ink ribbon All kinds of miscellaneous hard ware for a BBC b/master including; CUB monitor, various tape decks and modems, floppy drives Pile of Acorn User magazines (about 30 of) Bigger pile of manuals, probably in the region of 20 manuals and software packs Miscellaneous boxes of software on low density floppies See the following for piccies, this is not everything, and not everything pictured is available http://s297.photobucket.com/albums/mm230/vannystick/ Would prefer for the whole lot to go in one go but don't expect it, and I would like to see token gestures of cash for them. Not able to post at the moment, located on the Wirral but can also be collected from Liverpool with sufficient warning. Needs to go in the next two weeks, so offered here, then eBay, then the tip! I'd have thought ebay would be best as there has not been that much Acorn/RISC OS stuff on there for a while, so prices should be good. Also, if ...

FS: Misc Acorn hardware
i-cubed EtherLan 600: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101336155 IBM 586 (100 MHz) card: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101337088 RISC OS 3.50: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101348173 RISC OS 4.02: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101349126 Risc PC: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101360766 StrongARM card: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101361862 Texas Instruments 486-SLC (40 MHz): http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101363515 Everything in good, near perfect condition unless stated otherwise. I'm selling from Germany, but I'll deliver to UK as well. Oversea on request. Please get in touch for shipping cost in those cases. -- Stefan Bellon On 10 Jun, I wrote: > StrongARM card: > http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101361862 I announced this offer without RISC OS 3.70 ROMs because I didn't find the ones belonging to the card. In the meantime I have found them. This offer will include the RISC OS 3.70 ROM set. -- Stefan Bellon ...

FS: Acorn/RiscPC mags
A huge box of magazines - Beebug/RiscUser/Archive going back to 1987! Looking for a good home really. Just can't bring myself to throw them out! Location Sutton/Croydon but possible delivery available on regular journeys to SW England. Don't really want much for them! ...

FS Acorn RiscPc with Midi Max Card
Risc PC for sale on eBay (relisting due to non-payment by winning bidder!) See: eBay item No. 190509113365 Regards, Martin -- Martin Wynn ...

Acorn Publisher / Acorn User / Qercus
By now some people should have received their copy of Qercus - ie issue 268 of Acorn User or vol 10 issue 1 of Acorn Publisher. The additional printing numbers and distribution is new to us so we're not sure how long it will take to get to all subscribers or to be available in the shops. Some bulk mailings to overseas customers may not go until next week. Our experience so far with the database we inherited from Tau Press is that some customers will receive duplicate copies of the magazine whilst others will not receive one at all. We have been working hard to put right as many errors as we could identify but we know there are still some problems remaining. If you receive an extra issue will you please let us know and tell us which reference numbers are on the two (three/four!) labels so that we can put it right for next time. Please don't return any copies - donate duplicates to a friend, library, dentist/doctor's waiting room &c If you don't receive your copy (UK) then please do not let us know until the middle of next week; we have arranged to do *another* sweep of the database after the SW Show and may have sorted out outstanding problems by the time you call. Whilst far-flung Acorn User subscribers should receive their copies faster than before they should give it an extra week at least before reporting non-receipt. For this occasion reminders have been sent separately from the magazine and should have already been received by UK subscribers who n...

FS:Kinetic RiscPC
I am selling my rpc , spec as follows: Kinetic RiscPC 300Mhz 3 years old 64+32+2 M ram 40Gb hd 52x cdrom 586 pccard with pcpro and netlinks castle usb podule 10baseT ethernet Keyboard Mouse usb card reader parallel midi interface Software: RO 4.03 + Select 3 TechWriter EasiWriter Rhapsody 4 Oregano 2 Price: 400� or bid I am located in Sweden. Photos are available on request. Michael Grunditz -- Sent using an unregistered copy of RMRNews v1.02 Check out our website at http://www.rmrsoft.com/ for other high quality software for EPOC machines. Michael Grunditz wrote: > I am selling my rpc , spec as follows: > > Kinetic RiscPC 300Mhz 3 years old > 64+32+2 M ram > 40Gb hd > 52x cdrom > 586 pccard with pcpro and netlinks > castle usb podule > 10baseT ethernet > Keyboard > Mouse > usb card reader > parallel midi interface > > Software: > > RO 4.03 + Select 3 > TechWriter > EasiWriter > Rhapsody 4 > Oregano 2 > > Price: 400� or bid > I am located in Sweden. Price dives to 300� incl shipping to GB. Michael Grunditz In article <TvcEe.142542$dP1.495853@newsc.telia.net>, Michael Grunditz <michael.grunditz@telia.com> wrote: > > Price: 400� or bid > > I am located in Sweden. > Price dives to 300� incl shipping to GB. Well, yes. I'd have a look on Ebay and see what similarly specified ones go for. Or simply sell it on there. -- *Forget about World Peace...Visualiz...

Acorn NC or Acorn NetStation, looking for one.
I am looking for an Acorn NC with ethernet interface! If someone has one, please let me know, and a reasonable price. Complete, with the remote and etc! Thanks! Leonardo leonardo@editek.com In message <1192995978.255456.168910@y27g2000pre.googlegroups.com> leonardo.cohen@gmail.com wrote: > I am looking for an Acorn NC with ethernet interface! If someone has > one, please let me know, and a reasonable price. Complete, with the > remote and etc! I shall be eBaying an NC with ethernet, but no remote, fairly shortly, possibly in the next few weeks. Alan -- RISC OS - you know it makes cents ...

FS: My Acorn life
BBC Micro model A upgraded to 32K RAM and disc drive port Boots CR325 cassette recorder Boots cassette equipment care kit Pair joysticks with connector Cheetah 125+ joystick Micro Peripherals Ltd 5 1/4" single disc drive LVL Double Density disc drive interface Marconi RB2 Trackerball Stack Lightpen+ Computer Concepts Ltd Scan-light Plus A3010 - The Learning Curve A3010 - The Family Solution Philips CM11342/35G Colour monitor NEC PC 8023 dot matrix printer Box fanfold paper fanfold labels and spare ink cartridges RiscPC one slice with StrongArm 162MB Ram 1221MB Harddisc RISC OS 4.02(10 Aug 1999) Simtec 16bit USB interface CD Writer/Rewriter 32x12x40x Floppy disc drive MIDI interface CDBurn 1.58B4(2001-02-14) FFmpeg 1.04 (22-Dec-09) KinoAMP 0.23 (13th November 2002) Thump 1.47(28 Aug 2002) EXIFinfo 0.59beta DPingScan 1.18(17-Oct-02) TWAIN Sleuth 3.07 Keyboard and mouse Acorn AKF60 monitor Hewlett Packard LaserJet 6L printer Bundles of magazines ( Acorn Archimedes World 1994-1995 ( Acorn User 1994-2003 ( Acorn Computing 1992-1995 ( The Micro User 1987-1992 New Acorn User Binder Highlight 4 Port USB Hub Belkin 4 Port Data Transfer Switch Epson Perfection 1660 Photo scanner Boeder Mouse Holder Xmodem Jetway V.92/56K External Modem Microtech Parallel CameraMate CompactFlash Card Reader/Writer Above mostly boxed most cables and most manuals 4 disc boxes of magazine soft...

FS: Acorn monitors.
Hello all, I have several Acorn 28-AKF40 monitors. Offers. Prefer buyer to collect (nr. Dunfermline) but can ship although it's likely to cost more than the monitors! Cheers, Mike..... -- Michael Hambley mike@armpowered.co.uk http://www.screamager.fsnet.co.uk http://www.dispose-it.co.uk - IT disposal/recycling & data destruction. In article <5cdab05b4c.Michael@armpowered.co.uk>, Michael Hambley <mike@armpowered.co.uk> writes >Hello all, > >I have several Acorn 28-AKF40 monitors. Offers. > >Prefer buyer to collect (nr. Dunfermline) but can ship although it's likely >to cost more than the monitors! What's an Acorn AKF-40? I could use a couple of monitors for A410/A540 and A3000. Also trying to find a 15-17" SVGA display for use with my PS2 Linux kit - must support Sync on Green :/ Richard -- Acorn 8-bits, 32-bits, some in bits... Amiga 600, |\ _,,,---,,_ iBook, PB G4, G4, G5, Dell P410, ACW/ABC210 /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;, http://www.dmc12.demon.co.uk/retrotech/ |,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'::. Music? http://www.mp3.com/RichardKilpatrick/ '----''(_/--' `-'\_)Morticia In message <ObzL19KjXG0$Ewl0@btinternet.com> you wrote: > In article <5cdab05b4c.Michael@armpowered.co.uk>, Michael Hambley > <mike@armpowered.co.uk> writes > >Hello all, > > > >I have several Acorn 28-AKF40 monitors. Offers. > > > >Pref...

Qercus (Acorn User / Acorn Publisher) binders
The new Qercus binders will be available within 2 weeks and we're taking orders now. They are available in dark blue with the Qercus logo in gold on the spine. The binders will match previous Acorn Publisher binders but will hold 14 copies of the magazine so Qercus readers will have a spare string for notes and indexes whilst Acorn Publisher readers will have room for two years' issues including two annual special issues of Qercus. Qercus is well-worth collecting so order your binder today. Binders will cost 8.95 each inc UK postage and may (just) be available at Wakefield. Until the end of May new subscribers starting their subscription with issue 268, and ordering a binder at the same time, will receive their first issue free. ie UK subscription + binder = 49.95 + 8.95 = 58.90 for year's subscription from issue 269 with issue 268 free. Orders should be sent to "Finnybank Ltd" 30 Finnybank Road Sale M33 6LR or by phone to 0161 969 9820. Cheques or cards can be accepted. Binders and magazines will be despatched together as soon as the binders are available. -- John Cartmell editor Qercus - editor@qercus.com www.qercus.com Qercus: a fusion of Acorn Publisher & Acorn User magazines one magazine for graphics & design - one magazine for all RISC OS users Finnybank Ltd 30 Finnybank Rd Sale M33 6LR == 0161 969 9820 _______________________________________________________________ a.m.conroy@argonet.co.uk, Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.anno...

Acorn System Computers
Those of you who remember, or are curious about, the days before Acorn produced the BBC micro or even the Atom, may be interested in the recent updates to Chris's Acorns. I have completely reworked the section on Acorn's System Computers ( http://acorn.chriswhy.co.uk/Computers/SystemComputers.html ), updating the entry for the Acorn System 1 and adding pages for the System 2, 3, 4 and 5. In particular I have documented the System 3, 4 and 5 with pictures of the computers, details of the Acorn Eurocards used in the systems and documentation where I have it. If anyone is clearing the attic/spare room/garage, or whatever, and has: a System 2 computer, a complete (working?) System 4 computer, additional eurocards or other System computer hardware, System computer documentation (e.g. Technical Manuals), System computer software (especially for a System 5 Econet server) to give or sell to me please get in touch. Chris -- How does a project get to be a year late?... One day at a time. Chris's Acorns http://acorn.chriswhy.co.uk/ In article <96Xsj.176$g81.35@newsfe3-gui.ntli.net>, ChrisW <news@chriswhy.co.uk> wrote: > ... I have completely reworked the section on Acorn's System > Computers ( > http://acorn.chriswhy.co.uk/Computers/SystemComputers.html ), > updating ... How interesting! When I had an Atom (self-built) in the late 70's I expanded the on board RAM to the maximum by adding one of the System 3 cards with 8k static ...

FA: Acorn Archimedes A310 and Acorn AKF50 Monitor
For Auction on eBay: Acorn Archimedes A310 and Acorn AKF50 Monitor British Broadcasting Corporation Microcomputer System Processor: ARM 3 Memory: 8 MB Hard Disc: 350 MB Podules: Design IT E500 Access+ (Ethernet 10Base2) Oak SCSI Interface Watford Electronics Scanner Peripherals: 3-button mouse Original keyboard with extension cable Watford Electronics Hand Scanner Monitor: Acorn AKF50 with mains connection to A310 and 9/15 adapter. Slight superficial damage to monitor case. Used to be in daily use. Needed only fresh AA batteries (for CMOS RAM) to overcome a year of non-use. Buyer arranges collection. Payment: cash on collection <URL:http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Acorn-Archimedes-A310_W0QQitemZ8804993118QQcategoryZ4193QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem> -- * Sick of BT? Leave them and reduce your phone bill by up to half. * Want a spam-proof Usenet address? Visit www.invalid.org.uk or email me: postmaster at invalid dot org dot uk * (tim@invalid.org.uk is deleted - please use my valid address above) .... "Thy glass will show thee how thy beauties wear, thy dial how thy precious minutes waste" Sonnet 77 ...

FS: For sale
For sale (i.e. I haven't got the heart to chuck them in a skip): - Acorn Electron, no PSU/manual/box, but excellent condition. Asking =A330 + postage. - BBC Master, needs a bit of a clean, some of the keys have got dirty contacts, otherwise works OK. (Infamous battery pack has been replaced with an empty dry cell holder). Asking =A315 + postage. - BBC micro disk drives, =A312 each plus postage. - Semi-knackered BBC Model B+. - ZX Spectrum Plus with PSU (OK not Acorn - sorry!) , manual and some games tapes, asking =A335 plus postage. If you're interested in any of the above items, please e-mail me at: g0vxo (at) yahoo (dot) co (dot) uk Asking prices are based on eBay adverts & similar, but I'm happy to consider offers.=20 Antony (Oxford area, UK) ...

Acorn Electron hardware wanted
Folks Forgive what may be an intrusion but if anyone is prepared to sell any Acorn Electron hardware in particular an (original L-shaped) Acorn Plus 3, please reply to this. Cheers On 20 Jan 2006 as I do recall, JCC wrote: > Folks > > Forgive what may be an intrusion but if anyone is prepared to sell any Acorn > Electron hardware in particular an (original L-shaped) Acorn Plus 3, please > reply to this. > These are the correct groups, but comp.sys.acorn.hardware might be even better... :-) -- Harriet Bazley == Loyaulte me lie == ...

FS: Surplus Acorn equipment
Surplus Acorn equipment: Archimedes A7000 - 64Mb / Hard drive / External SCSI CD ROM / AKF60 Monitor (with intermitent cable fault) Archimedes A3000 - 2Mb / Serial interface / plus Hand-held scanner Also a Hybrid Music 4000 keyboard. Any offers? (Anything above �0 will be donated to charity.) (collection NW London) Paul %% % Paul Tribick % (Remove disguise to reply) %% ...

FS: Acorn A-Link Cable
This is available to anyone who can make use of it for the cost of P&P, say 2 GBP. Please email me if interested. ...

FS: Acorn Publisher mags
Acorn Publisher magazines in excellent condition from Vol1 Issue ! throught ot Vol 7 Issue 3. Please mke an offer if interested and bear in mind that you will have to collect or pay postage. Not sure what postage will cost at this stage. Please e-mail me at alan at design-jazz dot com but i will look back in here once or twice, but not for a day or two. Alan In article <433d056e.0@entanet>, Enta News <thisisnot@realemailaddress> wrote: > Acorn Publisher magazines in excellent condition from Vol1 Issue ! throught > ot Vol 7 Issue 3. > Please make an offer...

FS: Acorn PC software
PCExchange: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101337912 PC Pro 3: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101339128 I'm selling from Germany, but as it's software + manual I don't see any problems in shipping overseas. Please get in touch for shipping cost. -- Stefan Bellon In message <4cbcf8c362sbellon@sbellon.de> Stefan Bellon <sbellon@sbellon.de> wrote: > PC Pro 3: Is that the version that works properly with RO4? Simon In article <8efb3abd4c.simonwillcocks@home.invalid>, Simon Willcocks <simon.willcocks@t-online.de> wrote: > > PC Pro 3: > Is that the version that works properly with RO4? I've got 3.06, and didn't have any problems when changing to RO4. -- *The hardness of the butter is proportional to the softness of the bread * Dave Plowman dave.sound@argonet.co.uk London SW 12 RIP Acorn Simon Willcocks wrote: > In message <4cbcf8c362sbellon@sbellon.de> > Stefan Bellon <sbellon@sbellon.de> wrote: > > PC Pro 3: > Is that the version that works properly with RO4? I can't tell you which version it is as I haven't installed it anymore. But there's still a directory Choices:PC.v306 on that Risc PC, so it is at least version 3.06 and I can confirm that it worked for me with RISC OS 4 (and I think RISC OS Select as well, though I used PC Pro 3 very rarely in the last time). -- Stefan Bell...

FS: Kinetic RiscPC on ebay
Hi all, Just to let you know that my Kinetic RiscPC is on ebay together with lots of other goodies in the package: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2769339422 Happy bidding and cheers for the help and entertainment(!) over the last few years. Ben. ...

Acorns fall next to the tree [Acorn stuff on ebuy UK]
I usually don't surf Acorns, but I noticed some on ebuy. Acorn RiscOS 3.5 ROMs - no reserve Acorn 486 Co-processor card - no reserve Acorn Arm610 processor card - no reserve ...

FS: Amiga systems and hardware
A500 with Hard drive and AdRam 540, BigFoot Power Supply RAM: 1 meg chip, 3.5 meg fast. Rev 6A motherboard with 8372A Agnus ROMS: 2.04 with 2.1 disks. Hard drive 52Meg *** DataFlyer SCSI hard drive unit Floppy: standard 880k Install disks for 2.1 and DataFlyer and Adram 540 included. *** NOTE: external SCSI cable mount available. 120 meg to 2 gig drives available. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- A3000 68030 x 25 Mhz, Buster 7, Ramsey 4, DMAC 2. RAM: 2 meg chip, 16 meg fast. Keyboard and mouse. ROMS: 2.04 with disks, DOS installed on small HD. Floppy: Chinon FB-357A high density. Can upgrade this unit: Buster 11, DAMC 4, Ramsey 7 Second FB-357A high density 3.1 ROMS and install disks drives up to 2 gig drives available. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- HARDWARE LIST: A4000 Toaster with new 4.3 Toaster software. (Toaster was tested with original drive). The 4.3 software is un-installed. Full written ownership transfer will be conveyed for 4.3 Notice: original EIDE drives will be included, with original configuration ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- In box, with manual(s) and all required disk(s): Data Flyer SCSI 2000 Data Flyer SCSI SX4000 Trump Card Pro Not in box, but has disk(s): Supra SCSI drives: XL Pro high density EXTERNAL single slim 880k external CD SCS...

Web resources about - FS: Acorn Kinetic RiscPC system! - comp.sys.acorn.hardware

EyeToy: Kinetic - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
EyeToy: Kinetic is an exercise program , or exergaming title developed in collaboration with Nike Motionworks . It has been designed to help ...

Facebook PMD Kinetic Social Looks to Humanize Data with Audience Performance Page
Putting a face on Facebook data? That’s what one Preferred Marketing Developer is trying to do, as Kinetic Social announced the addition of the ...

Kinetic Balls HD for iPad on the iTunes App Store
Read reviews, get customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about Kinetic Balls HD on the App Store. Download Kinetic Balls HD and enjoy ...

All sizes - Visualising Potential and Kinetic Energy - Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Stephen Fry Kinetic Typography - Language - YouTube
UPDATE 24/05/2011:Thankyou to @hedgehoglet for the Russian Subtitles UPDATE 11/10/2010: Thanks to Stephen Fry for mentioning this video on his ...

Icon PR wins digital asset duties for Kinetic Super
Icon PR wins digital asset duties for Kinetic Super MuMbrella “As with all of our work, we'll be developing with the 'mobile first' mentality, ...

Australian IT company Kinetic nabs $164m Vic Police deal
Victoria Police has awarded a $164 million technology contract to private Australian company Kinetic IT and away from incumbent giants IBM and ...

BPN CEO Mauricio Sabogal Set to Leave the IPG Media Shop for WPP's Kinetic
... global CEO of BPN, is leaving the IPG media agency, Mr. Sabogal said Tuesday. He is taking a role as global CEO of WPP out-of-home shop Kinetic, ...

Kinetic Social Closes $17.5 Million Financing Round
Kinetic Social Closes $17.5 Million Financing Round

Stir Kinetic Desk, Created by Former iPod Engineer, Makes Other Standing Desks Look Boring
Standing desks are old news. How about a desk that breathes ? That’s the idea behind the Stir Kinetic Desk, a new adjustable standing desk dreamed ...