FS: Acorn monitors.

Hello all,

I have several Acorn 28-AKF40 monitors.  Offers.

Prefer buyer to collect (nr. Dunfermline) but can ship although it's likely
to cost more than the monitors!

Cheers, Mike.....

--
Michael Hambley
mike@armpowered.co.uk

In article <5cdab05b4c.Michael@armpowered.co.uk>, Michael Hambley
<mike@armpowered.co.uk> writes
>Hello all,
>
>I have several Acorn 28-AKF40 monitors.  Offers.
>
>Prefer buyer to collect (nr. Dunfermline) but can ship although it's likely
>to cost more than the monitors!

What's an Acorn AKF-40? I could use a couple of monitors for A410/A540
and A3000.

Also trying to find a 15-17" SVGA display for use with my PS2 Linux kit
- must support Sync on Green :/

Richard

--
Acorn 8-bits, 32-bits, some in bits... Amiga 600,    |\      _,,,---,,_
iBook, PB G4, G4, G5, Dell P410, ACW/ABC210          /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,
In message <ObzL19KjXG0$Ewl0@btinternet.com> you wrote:

> In article <5cdab05b4c.Michael@armpowered.co.uk>, Michael Hambley
> <mike@armpowered.co.uk> writes
> >Hello all,
> >
> >I have several Acorn 28-AKF40 monitors.  Offers.
> >
> >Prefer buyer to collect (nr. Dunfermline) but can ship although it's likely
> >to cost more than the monitors!
>
> What's an Acorn AKF-40? I could use a couple of monitors for A410/A540
> and A3000.

Should be fine for an A3k (they have a 9-pin D) and I can't see that it'd be
a problem on an A410.  The only thing is that they don't support much in the
way of exotic screen modes, Mode 12 is probably about your lot AFAIK
although I could be wrong.  Have done a bit of web searching and can't find
a great deal on spec. (it was so long ago when I got them I have no idea
with any certainty about what they'll do now) but I did find them for sale
on an RO dealer's web site for 80 quid each!

I was going to attatch one to my A3020 and find out what modes they'd
support but unfortionately I appear to be a little lacking in 9D to 15HD D
adapters department.  I have adapters to use modern monitors on old Acorns
but not the other way round.  I'll investigate further and get back to you.

If I could find my old 9D to 9D A3k monitor lead (it's currently using an
AKF-12 via SCART) I'd use the A3k but I can't for the life of me remember
where it was put.  I will search further.

Some have dodgey on/off switches (either that or you need a knack that I
don't have to get them to latch) and these one's I'd naturally sell for
less than the good ones.

> Also trying to find a 15-17" SVGA display for use with my PS2 Linux kit
> - must support Sync on Green :/

Don't know if this is any use to you but I have a load of SUN monitors from
17" to 20" GDM-20E20.  They are 13W3 connector units but I can also source
adapters if nescessarry.  I'm only looking for 20 quid each for the 20"-ers
but shipping's pretty much a non-starter on these as courriers just drop
them due to weight (and won't insure them as they contain glass) so
collection from nr. Dunfermline (the Edinburgh side of Dunfermline) is about
the only possible way.  There is 1 SUN 17" unit with a 15D and will actually
display a PS/2 system's BIOS screen but it is pretty dim, may be possible to
tweek an internal brightness controll but I don't have the time to find out
just now.

Cheers, Mike....

--
Michael Hambley
mike@armpowered.co.uk
http://www.screamager.fsnet.co.uk
http://www.dispose-it.co.uk - IT disposal/recycling & data destruction.
0
mike2034 (136)
12/5/2003 4:24:48 PM
In message <5cad1e5c4c.Michael@armpowered.co.uk>
          Michael Hambley <mike@armpowered.co.uk> wrote:

> In message <ObzL19KjXG0$Ewl0@btinternet.com> you wrote:
>
> > In article <5cdab05b4c.Michael@armpowered.co.uk>, Michael Hambley
> > <mike@armpowered.co.uk> writes
> > >Hello all,
> > >
> > >I have several Acorn 28-AKF40 monitors.  Offers.
> > >
> > >Prefer buyer to collect (nr. Dunfermline) but can ship although it's likely
> > >to cost more than the monitors!
> >
> > What's an Acorn AKF-40? I could use a couple of monitors for A410/A540
> > and A3000.
>
> Should be fine for an A3k (they have a 9-pin D) and I can't see that it'd be
> a problem on an A410.  The only thing is that they don't support much in the
> way of exotic screen modes, Mode 12 is probably about your lot AFAIK
> although I could be wrong.  Have done a bit of web searching and can't find
> a great deal on spec. (it was so long ago when I got them I have no idea
> with any certainty about what they'll do now) but I did find them for sale
> on an RO dealer's web site for 80 quid each!
>
> I was going to attatch one to my A3020 and find out what modes they'd
> support but unfortionately I appear to be a little lacking in 9D to 15HD D
> adapters department.  I have adapters to use modern monitors on old Acorns
> but not the other way round.  I'll investigate further and get back to you.
>
> If I could find my old 9D to 9D A3k monitor lead (it's currently using an
> AKF-12 via SCART) I'd use the A3k but I can't for the life of me remember
> where it was put.  I will search further.
>
> Some have dodgey on/off switches (either that or you need a knack that I
> don't have to get them to latch) and these one's I'd naturally sell for
> less than the good ones.
>
> > Also trying to find a 15-17" SVGA display for use with my PS2 Linux kit
> > - must support Sync on Green :/
>
> Don't know if this is any use to you but I have a load of SUN monitors from
> 17" to 20" GDM-20E20.  They are 13W3 connector units but I can also source
> adapters if nescessarry.  I'm only looking for 20 quid each for the 20"-ers
> but shipping's pretty much a non-starter on these as courriers just drop
> them due to weight (and won't insure them as they contain glass) so
> collection from nr. Dunfermline (the Edinburgh side of Dunfermline) is about
> the only possible way.  There is 1 SUN 17" unit with a 15D and will actually
> display a PS/2 system's BIOS screen but it is pretty dim, may be possible to
> tweek an internal brightness controll but I don't have the time to find out
> just now.

On December 29th I will be driving a fairly empty estate car from Aberdeen
to Northampton. If it helps to get a monitor moved from the north to the
south, then a small contribution to petrol might solve somebody's problem.

email me if interested.

--
Alan Adams
alan.adams@orchard-way.freeserve.co.uk
On 5 Dec 2003 Michael Hambley <mike@armpowered.co.uk> wrote:
> In message <ObzL19KjXG0$Ewl0@btinternet.com> you wrote:
>
>> In article <5cdab05b4c.Michael@armpowered.co.uk>, Michael Hambley
>> <mike@armpowered.co.uk> writes
>>> Hello all,
>>>
>>> I have several Acorn 28-AKF40 monitors.  Offers.
>>>
>>> Prefer buyer to collect (nr. Dunfermline) but can ship although it's
>>> likely to cost more than the monitors!
>>
>> What's an Acorn AKF-40? I could use a couple of monitors for A410/A540
>> and A3000.
>
> Should be fine for an A3k (they have a 9-pin D) and I can't see that it'd
> be a problem on an A410.  The only thing is that they don't support much in
> the way of exotic screen modes, Mode 12 is probably about your lot AFAIK
> although I could be wrong.

Modes 0 to 17. 12 & 15 being the most useful at 640x256 rectangular pixesl in
16 and 256 colours. Mode enhancer modules can be used to bring that up to
768x288 at a maximum of 256 colours. I wrote one such module, but it probably
isn't available from anywhere anymore.

> Have done a bit of web searching and can't find a great deal on spec.

!MakeModes.Monlist gives the important spec.

---druck

news5843 (7461)
12/5/2003 10:08:47 PM
In message <5c2b3e5c4c.druck@druck.freeuk.net>
          druck <news@druck.freeuk.com> wrote:

> On 5 Dec 2003 Michael Hambley <mike@armpowered.co.uk> wrote:
> > In message <ObzL19KjXG0$Ewl0@btinternet.com> you wrote:
> >
> >> In article <5cdab05b4c.Michael@armpowered.co.uk>, Michael Hambley
> >> <mike@armpowered.co.uk> writes

> >> What's an Acorn AKF-40? I could use a couple of monitors for A410/A540
> >> and A3000.
> >
> > Should be fine for an A3k (they have a 9-pin D) and I can't see that it'd
> > be a problem on an A410.  The only thing is that they don't support much in
> > the way of exotic screen modes, Mode 12 is probably about your lot AFAIK
> > although I could be wrong.
>
> Modes 0 to 17. 12 & 15 being the most useful at 640x256 rectangular pixesl in
> 16 and 256 colours. Mode enhancer modules can be used to bring that up to
> 768x288 at a maximum of 256 colours. I wrote one such module, but it probably
> isn't available from anywhere anymore.
>
> > Have done a bit of web searching and can't find a great deal on spec.
>
> !MakeModes.Monlist gives the important spec.

Thanks for that Druck.  After teh weekend I'll be able to gather them all
togeather and find how many I have with good and knackered switches etc.

Cheers, Mike.....

--
Michael Hambley
mike@armpowered.co.uk
http://www.screamager.fsnet.co.uk
http://www.dispose-it.co.uk - IT disposal/recycling & data destruction.
0
mike2034 (136)
12/6/2003 4:53:25 PM
In message <11c32d5c4c.Alan.Adams@orchard-way.freeserve.co.uk>
          Alan Adams <alan.adams@orchard-way.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

> In message <5cad1e5c4c.Michael@armpowered.co.uk>
>           Michael Hambley <mike@armpowered.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > In message <ObzL19KjXG0$Ewl0@btinternet.com> you wrote:
> >
> > > In article <5cdab05b4c.Michael@armpowered.co.uk>, Michael Hambley
> > > <mike@armpowered.co.uk> writes

[snip]

> On December 29th I will be driving a fairly empty estate car from Aberdeen
> to Northampton. If it helps to get a monitor moved from the north to the
> south, then a small contribution to petrol might solve somebody's problem.

A kind offer, if any one wants to take advantage of this and monitors please
let me know *soon* as other wise they'll all be shoveled off to auction.  Is
any one collecting for the Wakefield Charity stall yet?  Could spare one or
two for that if they wanted them.

Cheers, Mike.....

--
Michael Hambley
mike@armpowered.co.uk
http://www.screamager.fsnet.co.uk
http://www.dispose-it.co.uk - IT disposal/recycling & data destruction.
0
mike2034 (136)

FS: Misc Acorn (and non-Acorn) hardware
Like Peter Naulls yesterday, I'm trying to get rid of my remaining Risc PC and the related hardware. I've put them on eBay. The Acorn-specific items are: Acorn Risc PC StrongARM 233 MHz + Power-tec SCSI http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202188067 i-cubed EtherLan600 for Acorn Risc PC/A7000 http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202186713 Acorn Risc PC power supply, backplane and screws http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202185817 RISC OS Select http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202184767 STD PS2Mouse for Acorn Risc PC http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202183392 Acorn MEU + Plextor PlexWriter RW 4220 internal SCSI http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202182624 Graphic tablet PaintPal Deluxe http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202181086 The rest is not Acorn-specific but was connected to either a Risc PC or a Iyonix and therefore may be of interest here as well: Mitsumi FA402M 3.5" Floppy and 7in1 Media Drive http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202179719 Sony 3.5" Floppy MPF 920 http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202177159 ELSA MicroLink ISDN 4U Router/Hub http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5777800061 Iomega ZIP 100 Drive external SCSI http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202173954 HP ScanJet 3c SCSI http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...

FS: Misc Acorn hardware
i-cubed EtherLan 600: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101336155 IBM 586 (100 MHz) card: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101337088 RISC OS 3.50: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101348173 RISC OS 4.02: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101349126 Risc PC: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101360766 StrongARM card: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101361862 Texas Instruments 486-SLC (40 MHz): http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101363515 Everything in good, near perfect condition unless stated otherwise. I'm selling from Germany, but I'll deliver to UK as well. Oversea on request. Please get in touch for shipping cost in those cases. -- Stefan Bellon On 10 Jun, I wrote: > StrongARM card: > http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101361862 I announced this offer without RISC OS 3.70 ROMs because I didn't find the ones belonging to the card. In the meantime I have found them. This offer will include the RISC OS 3.70 ROM set. -- Stefan Bellon ...

FS: All manner of Acorn Hardware
Hi all I'm loosing my room at my parents, which means my collection of Acorn stuff has to go! This includes but is not limited to some of the following; A5000, standard, old college machine A3000, with external hard drive and a 5 1/4" floppy disc (this machine i love, grew up with it but have no where to put it), also has a network card RISC PC 700, another ex college one, works, think i might have put a strong arm and PC card in it. Acorn electron, with tapes and two power supplies Star dot matrix printer for the acorn, includes at least one ink ribbon All kinds of miscellaneous hard ware for a BBC b/master including; CUB monitor, various tape decks and modems, floppy drives Pile of Acorn User magazines (about 30 of) Bigger pile of manuals, probably in the region of 20 manuals and software packs Miscellaneous boxes of software on low density floppies See the following for piccies, this is not everything, and not everything pictured is available http://s297.photobucket.com/albums/mm230/vannystick/ Would prefer for the whole lot to go in one go but don't expect it, and I would like to see token gestures of cash for them. Not able to post at the moment, located on the Wirral but can also be collected from Liverpool with sufficient warning. Needs to go in the next two weeks, so offered here, then eBay, then the tip! I'd have thought ebay would be best as there has not been that much Acorn/RISC OS stuff on there for a while, so prices should be good. Also, if ...

FA: Acorn Archimedes A310 and Acorn AKF50 Monitor
For Auction on eBay: Acorn Archimedes A310 and Acorn AKF50 Monitor British Broadcasting Corporation Microcomputer System Processor: ARM 3 Memory: 8 MB Hard Disc: 350 MB Podules: Design IT E500 Access+ (Ethernet 10Base2) Oak SCSI Interface Watford Electronics Scanner Peripherals: 3-button mouse Original keyboard with extension cable Watford Electronics Hand Scanner Monitor: Acorn AKF50 with mains connection to A310 and 9/15 adapter. Slight superficial damage to monitor case. Used to be in daily use. Needed only fresh AA batteries (for CMOS RAM) to overcome a year of non-use. Buyer arranges collection. Payment: cash on collection <URL:http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Acorn-Archimedes-A310_W0QQitemZ8804993118QQcategoryZ4193QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem> -- * Sick of BT? Leave them and reduce your phone bill by up to half. * Want a spam-proof Usenet address? Visit www.invalid.org.uk or email me: postmaster at invalid dot org dot uk * (tim@invalid.org.uk is deleted - please use my valid address above) .... "Thy glass will show thee how thy beauties wear, thy dial how thy precious minutes waste" Sonnet 77 ...

FA: Acorn Archimedes A310 and Acorn AKF50 Monitor #2
For Auction on eBay (Less than 20 hours to go): Acorn Archimedes A310 and Acorn AKF50 Monitor British Broadcasting Corporation Microcomputer System Processor: ARM 3 Memory: 8 MB Hard Disc: 350 MB Podules: Design IT E500 Access+ (Ethernet 10Base2) Oak SCSI Interface Watford Electronics Scanner Peripherals: 3-button mouse Original keyboard with extension cable Watford Electronics Hand Scanner Monitor: Acorn AKF50 with mains connection to A310 and 9/15 adapter. Slight superficial damage to monitor case. Used to be in daily use. Needed only fresh AA batteries (for CMOS RAM) to overcome a year of non-use. Buyer arranges collection. Payment: cash on collection <URL:http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Acorn-Archimedes-A310_W0QQitemZ8804993118QQcategoryZ4193QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem> ...

FS: 2 Acorn AKF18 monitors; 3 Econet modules
Hi all, Trying to clear out a few things - here's the first batch. Two Acorn AKF18 monitors. Unsure of exact specifications - approx 14-inch and certainly capable of 800 x 600 resolution, but probably more. Both working fine. Three (or four - one is currently in an A5000) Econet modules. The 3 not in the A5000 are presumed working; the one in the A5000 definitely works. Make me an offer for any or all of these. I'd prefer to have the monitors collected, or I could deliver in and around Nottingham. Cheers, Roo -- roo dot machell at zoom dot co dot uk ...

Acorn Publisher / Acorn User / Qercus
By now some people should have received their copy of Qercus - ie issue 268 of Acorn User or vol 10 issue 1 of Acorn Publisher. The additional printing numbers and distribution is new to us so we're not sure how long it will take to get to all subscribers or to be available in the shops. Some bulk mailings to overseas customers may not go until next week. Our experience so far with the database we inherited from Tau Press is that some customers will receive duplicate copies of the magazine whilst others will not receive one at all. We have been working hard to put right as many errors as we could identify but we know there are still some problems remaining. If you receive an extra issue will you please let us know and tell us which reference numbers are on the two (three/four!) labels so that we can put it right for next time. Please don't return any copies - donate duplicates to a friend, library, dentist/doctor's waiting room &c If you don't receive your copy (UK) then please do not let us know until the middle of next week; we have arranged to do *another* sweep of the database after the SW Show and may have sorted out outstanding problems by the time you call. Whilst far-flung Acorn User subscribers should receive their copies faster than before they should give it an extra week at least before reporting non-receipt. For this occasion reminders have been sent separately from the magazine and should have already been received by UK subscribers who n...

Qercus (Acorn User / Acorn Publisher) binders
The new Qercus binders will be available within 2 weeks and we're taking orders now. They are available in dark blue with the Qercus logo in gold on the spine. The binders will match previous Acorn Publisher binders but will hold 14 copies of the magazine so Qercus readers will have a spare string for notes and indexes whilst Acorn Publisher readers will have room for two years' issues including two annual special issues of Qercus. Qercus is well-worth collecting so order your binder today. Binders will cost 8.95 each inc UK postage and may (just) be available at Wakefield. Until the end of May new subscribers starting their subscription with issue 268, and ordering a binder at the same time, will receive their first issue free. ie UK subscription + binder = 49.95 + 8.95 = 58.90 for year's subscription from issue 269 with issue 268 free. Orders should be sent to "Finnybank Ltd" 30 Finnybank Road Sale M33 6LR or by phone to 0161 969 9820. Cheques or cards can be accepted. Binders and magazines will be despatched together as soon as the binders are available. -- John Cartmell editor Qercus - editor@qercus.com www.qercus.com Qercus: a fusion of Acorn Publisher & Acorn User magazines one magazine for graphics & design - one magazine for all RISC OS users Finnybank Ltd 30 Finnybank Rd Sale M33 6LR == 0161 969 9820 _______________________________________________________________ a.m.conroy@argonet.co.uk, Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.anno...

Acorn NC or Acorn NetStation, looking for one.
I am looking for an Acorn NC with ethernet interface! If someone has one, please let me know, and a reasonable price. Complete, with the remote and etc! Thanks! Leonardo leonardo@editek.com In message <1192995978.255456.168910@y27g2000pre.googlegroups.com> leonardo.cohen@gmail.com wrote: > I am looking for an Acorn NC with ethernet interface! If someone has > one, please let me know, and a reasonable price. Complete, with the > remote and etc! I shall be eBaying an NC with ethernet, but no remote, fairly shortly, possibly in the next few weeks. Alan -- RISC OS - you know it makes cents ...

FS: My Acorn life
BBC Micro model A upgraded to 32K RAM and disc drive port Boots CR325 cassette recorder Boots cassette equipment care kit Pair joysticks with connector Cheetah 125+ joystick Micro Peripherals Ltd 5 1/4" single disc drive LVL Double Density disc drive interface Marconi RB2 Trackerball Stack Lightpen+ Computer Concepts Ltd Scan-light Plus A3010 - The Learning Curve A3010 - The Family Solution Philips CM11342/35G Colour monitor NEC PC 8023 dot matrix printer Box fanfold paper fanfold labels and spare ink cartridges RiscPC one slice with StrongArm 162MB Ram 1221MB Harddisc RISC OS 4.02(10 Aug 1999) Simtec 16bit USB interface CD Writer/Rewriter 32x12x40x Floppy disc drive MIDI interface CDBurn 1.58B4(2001-02-14) FFmpeg 1.04 (22-Dec-09) KinoAMP 0.23 (13th November 2002) Thump 1.47(28 Aug 2002) EXIFinfo 0.59beta DPingScan 1.18(17-Oct-02) TWAIN Sleuth 3.07 Keyboard and mouse Acorn AKF60 monitor Hewlett Packard LaserJet 6L printer Bundles of magazines ( Acorn Archimedes World 1994-1995 ( Acorn User 1994-2003 ( Acorn Computing 1992-1995 ( The Micro User 1987-1992 New Acorn User Binder Highlight 4 Port USB Hub Belkin 4 Port Data Transfer Switch Epson Perfection 1660 Photo scanner Boeder Mouse Holder Xmodem Jetway V.92/56K External Modem Microtech Parallel CameraMate CompactFlash Card Reader/Writer Above mostly boxed most cables and most manuals 4 disc boxes of magazine soft...

FS: Acorn A-Link Cable
This is available to anyone who can make use of it for the cost of P&P, say 2 GBP. Please email me if interested. ...

FS: Acorn/RiscPC mags
A huge box of magazines - Beebug/RiscUser/Archive going back to 1987! Looking for a good home really. Just can't bring myself to throw them out! Location Sutton/Croydon but possible delivery available on regular journeys to SW England. Don't really want much for them! ...

Problems posting to acorn.hardware
Hi, I've posted a few things to acorn.hardware in the last few days but I was surprised to get no follow ups from the normal helpful people who contribute regularly. Checking on google.groups it doesn't look as if any of my posts have got through - I have a local copy whicy presumably gets added by MessengerPro. Is there any problem posting to this group at the moment? -- andrew.mcmullon@tesco.net In article <92d606294d.andy@andrew.mcmullon@tesco.net>, Andy McMullon <andrew.mcmullon@tesco.net> wrote: > Hi, > I've posted a few things to acorn.hardware in the last few days but I > was surprised to get no follow ups from the normal helpful people who > contribute regularly. > Checking on google.groups it doesn't look as if any of my posts have > got through - I have a local copy whicy presumably gets added by > MessengerPro. > Is there any problem posting to this group at the moment? Three items from you since Jan 2nd. (One of those was a repeat of an earlier query about KVM kit) Those items appeared OK. Maybe the people who could answer aren't around at the moment, winter sun holiday perhaps? Gone off to work in one of the countries around the Indian Ocean. Whatever. On 6 Jan 2005 Andy McMullon <andrew.mcmullon@tesco.net> wrote: > I've posted a few things to acorn.hardware in the last few days but I > was surprised to get no follow ups from the normal helpful people who > contribute regul...

AKF60 monitor
The AKF60 monitor on my A5000 has been standing unused for a while. When I turned it on, it wouldn't show any of the Acorn modes (12 etc), Fliptop (colour card app) shows lots of yellow modes, but that's it. Is this likely to be fixable, or should I look for a replacement? Joyce. -- Joyce Haslam pendle atte boulsworth dotcodotuk WinXP running VirtualAcorn RPC on amd64 tower with Ubuntu 8.10 in 60G partition On 28-Jun-2009, Joyce Haslam <pendle@ukgateway.invalid> wrote: > The AKF60 monitor on my A5000 has been standing unused for a while. > When I turned it on, it wouldn't show any of the Acorn modes (12 > etc), Fliptop (colour card app) shows lots of yellow modes, but > that's it. The AKF60 is a VGA monitor so it can't do modes like 12 and 15 which are 15.25 KHz (TV frequency) modes. Ig you really must have these modes you need something like an AKF50 or AKF18. -- David Holden - APDL - <http://www.apdl.co.uk> David Holden <SpamBin@apdl.co.uk> wrote: > On 28-Jun-2009, Joyce Haslam <pendle@ukgateway.invalid> wrote: > > The AKF60 monitor on my A5000 has been standing unused for a > > while. When I turned it on, it wouldn't show any of the Acorn > > modes (12 etc), Fliptop (colour card app) shows lots of yellow > > modes, but that's it. > The AKF60 is a VGA monitor so it can't do modes like 12 and 15 > which are 15.25 KHz (TV frequency) modes. Ig you really mu...

FS: Acorn PC software
PCExchange: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101337912 PC Pro 3: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101339128 I'm selling from Germany, but as it's software + manual I don't see any problems in shipping overseas. Please get in touch for shipping cost. -- Stefan Bellon In message <4cbcf8c362sbellon@sbellon.de> Stefan Bellon <sbellon@sbellon.de> wrote: > PC Pro 3: Is that the version that works properly with RO4? Simon In article <8efb3abd4c.simonwillcocks@home.invalid>, Simon Willcocks <simon.willcocks@t-online.de> wrote: > > PC Pro 3: > Is that the version that works properly with RO4? I've got 3.06, and didn't have any problems when changing to RO4. -- *The hardness of the butter is proportional to the softness of the bread * Dave Plowman dave.sound@argonet.co.uk London SW 12 RIP Acorn Simon Willcocks wrote: > In message <4cbcf8c362sbellon@sbellon.de> > Stefan Bellon <sbellon@sbellon.de> wrote: > > PC Pro 3: > Is that the version that works properly with RO4? I can't tell you which version it is as I haven't installed it anymore. But there's still a directory Choices:PC.v306 on that Risc PC, so it is at least version 3.06 and I can confirm that it worked for me with RISC OS 4 (and I think RISC OS Select as well, though I used PC Pro 3 very rarely in the last time). -- Stefan Bell...

FS: Surplus Acorn equipment
Surplus Acorn equipment: Archimedes A7000 - 64Mb / Hard drive / External SCSI CD ROM / AKF60 Monitor (with intermitent cable fault) Archimedes A3000 - 2Mb / Serial interface / plus Hand-held scanner Also a Hybrid Music 4000 keyboard. Any offers? (Anything above �0 will be donated to charity.) (collection NW London) Paul %% % Paul Tribick % (Remove disguise to reply) %% ...

FS: For sale
For sale (i.e. I haven't got the heart to chuck them in a skip): - Acorn Electron, no PSU/manual/box, but excellent condition. Asking =A330 + postage. - BBC Master, needs a bit of a clean, some of the keys have got dirty contacts, otherwise works OK. (Infamous battery pack has been replaced with an empty dry cell holder). Asking =A315 + postage. - BBC micro disk drives, =A312 each plus postage. - Semi-knackered BBC Model B+. - ZX Spectrum Plus with PSU (OK not Acorn - sorry!) , manual and some games tapes, asking =A335 plus postage. If you're interested in any of the above items, please e-mail me at: g0vxo (at) yahoo (dot) co (dot) uk Asking prices are based on eBay adverts & similar, but I'm happy to consider offers.=20 Antony (Oxford area, UK) ...

FS: Acorn Software titles
I could add them to eBay, but with the recent improvements its got quite cumbersome... - Rhapsody 4 - Schema 2 - Personal Accounts 4 - Topographer - Nightsky - Music Maestro pack (missing two out of three manuals) - Celebration 2 - Being a Scientist CD-ROM I'm open to offers on the above: plus postage. The APDL/ProAction versions are often the first released ones; remember this! Reason for sale-simply no space anymore. David ...

Acorns fall next to the tree [Acorn stuff on ebuy UK]
I usually don't surf Acorns, but I noticed some on ebuy. Acorn RiscOS 3.5 ROMs - no reserve Acorn 486 Co-processor card - no reserve Acorn Arm610 processor card - no reserve ...

Acorn Electron hardware wanted
Folks Forgive what may be an intrusion but if anyone is prepared to sell any Acorn Electron hardware in particular an (original L-shaped) Acorn Plus 3, please reply to this. Cheers On 20 Jan 2006 as I do recall, JCC wrote: > Folks > > Forgive what may be an intrusion but if anyone is prepared to sell any Acorn > Electron hardware in particular an (original L-shaped) Acorn Plus 3, please > reply to this. > These are the correct groups, but comp.sys.acorn.hardware might be even better... :-) -- Harriet Bazley == Loyaulte me lie == ...

FS: Acorn Publisher mags
Acorn Publisher magazines in excellent condition from Vol1 Issue ! throught ot Vol 7 Issue 3. Please mke an offer if interested and bear in mind that you will have to collect or pay postage. Not sure what postage will cost at this stage. Please e-mail me at alan at design-jazz dot com but i will look back in here once or twice, but not for a day or two. Alan In article <433d056e.0@entanet>, Enta News <thisisnot@realemailaddress> wrote: > Acorn Publisher magazines in excellent condition from Vol1 Issue ! throught > ot Vol 7 Issue 3. > Please make an offer...

FS: Acorn/Xemplar Matrix NC
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8146775111&ssPageName =ADME:B:LC:UK:1 Only �30 for a nice NC+ psu! :) ...

FS: Acorn Kinetic RiscPC system
Over at ebay you can find the following auction: Complete Acorn Kinetic RiscPC system: * Acorn RiscPC600 computer (with 16 bit sound) * Castle Kinetic upgrade * Acorn AKF-85 monitor * Keyboard, mouse and mousemat * All cables supplied (including 10 baseT Ethernet lead) * Excellent condition Hardware: * Castle Kinetic upgrade with 233MHz rev-T StrongARM CPU * Kinetic card has 64MB SDRAM onboard * 16MB standard RAM * 2MB VRAM (gives 1280x1024x256 at 60Hz) * Fujitsu 1.2GB hard disc drive * 8x Sony CDROM drive * i-cubed Ethernet network interface card Software: * ...

FS: Acorn Kinetic RiscPC system
Over at ebay you can find the following auction: Complete Acorn Kinetic RiscPC system: * Acorn RiscPC600 computer (with 16 bit sound) * Castle Kinetic upgrade * Acorn AKF-85 monitor * Keyboard, mouse and mousemat * All cables supplied (including 10 baseT Ethernet lead) * Excellent condition Hardware: * Castle Kinetic upgrade with 233MHz rev-T StrongARM CPU * Kinetic card has 64MB SDRAM onboard * 16MB standard RAM * 2MB VRAM (gives 1280x1024x256 at 60Hz) * Fujitsu 1.2GB hard disc drive * 8x Sony CDROM drive * i-cubed Ethernet network interface card Software: * 32 bit Acorn C/C++ Development Suite (worth 200 UKP, on CD and installed) * RISC OS 4.03 (includes install disc CD - with loads of extra software) * Latest 32 bit SharedCLibrary and !System from Castle Technology * A selection of popular public domain software already installed http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2761197683 ...

Web resources about - FS: Acorn monitors. - comp.sys.acorn.hardware

The Christian Science Monitor - CSMonitor.com
The Christian Science Monitor is an international news organization that delivers thoughtful, global coverage via its website, weekly magazine, ...

The Monitor
2009 Kia Rio. 43k. 4dr. New tires, like new, w

Multi-monitor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Multi-monitor , also called multi-display and multi-head , is the use of multiple physical display devices , such as monitors , televisions , ...

9to5Toys Lunch Break: Dell 24″ 4K Monitor $390, Guitar Hero Live iOS $50, VIZIO Sound Stand $150, more ...
Keep up with the best gear and deals on the web by signing up for the 9to5Toys Newsletter . Also, be sure to check us out on: Twitter , RSS Feed ...

Philips Begins Shipments of LCD Monitors with Quantum Dot Technology
TPV Technology, the company that produces monitors under Philips brand, has started to sell displays with QD Vision’s Color IQ quantum dot technology. ...

Deal: Audio Technica ATH-M50X monitor headphones for $99 shipped
The Audio Technica ATH-M50X headphones are widely regarded to be the best available under $200. Some would even go so far as to say under $300. ...

Samsung Files For Laser Technology Patent To Monitor Health
Samsung's most current devices are already capable of monitoring health vitals and different types of data about our bodies through a handful ...

Backpack pigeons monitor London air quality
A technology company releases six pigeons wearing sensors to monitor pollution in London.

A top-rated Full HD LCD monitor just dropped under $100 on Amazon
Now is the time to upgrade your PC setup and if you don't need some oversized monstrosity, we've got the perfect PC monitor for you. The Philips ...

Taiwan PC monitor shipments drop 7% on year in 2015, says IDC
Shipments of PC-use monitors by Taiwan-based makers totaled 1.32 million units in 2015, decreasing 7% from a year earlier, according IDC.