FS: Acorn pocket book (Psion) A-Link

This is a RS232 serial interface for a Psion, found in the back of my
office. Acorn number is AHA30. Is this of any interest to anyone before
I junk it? (P&P would be about UKP2).

--
Best Regards
Eddie

In message <417959c74c.eddie@eddie.brookhaven.plus.com> you wrote:

>This is a RS232 serial interface for a Psion, found in the back of my
>office. Acorn number is AHA30. Is this of any interest to anyone before
>I junk it? (P&P would be about UKP2).

Yes I'm interested, it may be useful to use with my Psion workabout.

Steve.

0
Stephen
6/30/2004 11:00:34 PM
In message <ceca60c74c.Steve@btinternet.com>
          Stephen <Steve@127.0.0.1> wrote:

> In message <417959c74c.eddie@eddie.brookhaven.plus.com> you wrote:
>
> >This is a RS232 serial interface for a Psion, found in the back of my
> >office. Acorn number is AHA30. Is this of any interest to anyone before
> >I junk it? (P&P would be about UKP2).
> >

> Yes I'm interested, it may be useful to use with my Psion workabout.

And if this is suitable for the Pocketbook II, and if anyone else has
one, I'd be interested too.

Dave
0
davehigton (2157)
7/1/2004 8:05:15 PM
In article <1792d4c74c.davehigton@dsl.pipex.com>,
   Dave Higton <davehigton@dsl.pipex.com> wrote:
> In message <ceca60c74c.Steve@btinternet.com>
>           Stephen <Steve@127.0.0.1> wrote:

> > In message <417959c74c.eddie@eddie.brookhaven.plus.com> you wrote:
> >
> > >This is a RS232 serial interface for a Psion, found in the back of
> > >my office. Acorn number is AHA30. Is this of any interest to anyone
> > >before I junk it? (P&P would be about UKP2).
> > >

> > Yes I'm interested, it may be useful to use with my Psion workabout.

> And if this is suitable for the Pocketbook II, and if anyone else has
> one, I'd be interested too.

> Dave
Hi,

Have one of these - works with my now-retired PocketBook II. As it is no
longer required, you are welcome to it.

Cheers,

Steve

0
Steve1090 (19)

FS: Misc Acorn (and non-Acorn) hardware
Like Peter Naulls yesterday, I'm trying to get rid of my remaining Risc PC and the related hardware. I've put them on eBay. The Acorn-specific items are: Acorn Risc PC StrongARM 233 MHz + Power-tec SCSI http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202188067 i-cubed EtherLan600 for Acorn Risc PC/A7000 http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202186713 Acorn Risc PC power supply, backplane and screws http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202185817 RISC OS Select http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202184767 STD PS2Mouse for Acorn Risc PC http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202183392 Acorn MEU + Plextor PlexWriter RW 4220 internal SCSI http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202182624 Graphic tablet PaintPal Deluxe http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202181086 The rest is not Acorn-specific but was connected to either a Risc PC or a Iyonix and therefore may be of interest here as well: Mitsumi FA402M 3.5" Floppy and 7in1 Media Drive http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202179719 Sony 3.5" Floppy MPF 920 http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202177159 ELSA MicroLink ISDN 4U Router/Hub http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5777800061 Iomega ZIP 100 Drive external SCSI http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202173954 HP ScanJet 3c SCSI http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...

Acorn Pocket Book
I have an original acorn pocket book, still in good working order. I no longer have my Risc PC having had it stolen. Does anyone have, or know where I can get the "soap-box" adapter and software to enable me to connect my pocket book to my laptop PC? Cheers Tony ...

FS: All manner of Acorn Hardware
Hi all I'm loosing my room at my parents, which means my collection of Acorn stuff has to go! This includes but is not limited to some of the following; A5000, standard, old college machine A3000, with external hard drive and a 5 1/4" floppy disc (this machine i love, grew up with it but have no where to put it), also has a network card RISC PC 700, another ex college one, works, think i might have put a strong arm and PC card in it. Acorn electron, with tapes and two power supplies Star dot matrix printer for the acorn, includes at least one ink ribbon All kinds of miscellaneous hard ware for a BBC b/master including; CUB monitor, various tape decks and modems, floppy drives Pile of Acorn User magazines (about 30 of) Bigger pile of manuals, probably in the region of 20 manuals and software packs Miscellaneous boxes of software on low density floppies See the following for piccies, this is not everything, and not everything pictured is available http://s297.photobucket.com/albums/mm230/vannystick/ Would prefer for the whole lot to go in one go but don't expect it, and I would like to see token gestures of cash for them. Not able to post at the moment, located on the Wirral but can also be collected from Liverpool with sufficient warning. Needs to go in the next two weeks, so offered here, then eBay, then the tip! I'd have thought ebay would be best as there has not been that much Acorn/RISC OS stuff on there for a while, so prices should be good. Also, if ...

FS: Pocket Books, Pocket Book II, and extras
I have two Acorn Pocket Books, one working, the other not working but appears to be able to power on when the screen is half-closed (so I'd imagine would be fixable). I also have an Acorn Pocket Book II, fully functional. I have a link cable to connect these machines to either a RISC OS-based machine or a PC, and a ROM card with the 'Spell' programme on it. Any offers, reply to this post or email me. I'm in Dorset and am willing to post them to anywhere in the UK. Thanks, Lawrence Matthews ...

FS: Misc Acorn hardware
i-cubed EtherLan 600: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101336155 IBM 586 (100 MHz) card: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101337088 RISC OS 3.50: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101348173 RISC OS 4.02: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101349126 Risc PC: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101360766 StrongARM card: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101361862 Texas Instruments 486-SLC (40 MHz): http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101363515 Everything in good, near perfect condition unless stated otherwise. I'm selling from Germany, but I'll deliver to UK as well. Oversea on request. Please get in touch for shipping cost in those cases. -- Stefan Bellon On 10 Jun, I wrote: > StrongARM card: > http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101361862 I announced this offer without RISC OS 3.70 ROMs because I didn't find the ones belonging to the card. In the meantime I have found them. This offer will include the RISC OS 3.70 ROM set. -- Stefan Bellon ...

FS: 2 Pocket Books, Pocket Book II
I have two Acorn Pocket Books (one working, the other not) and one Pocket Book II (fully working), which I would like to go to a good home. I also have the link cable, which will connect to a RISC OS or Windows machine via the serial port. I also have a ROM card with the 'Spell' program which works fine. I'm in Dorset, UK, and will happily post them to anywhere in the UK. Any offers, please reply to this post or e-mail me. Thanks, Lawrence Lawrence Matthews wrote: > I have two Acorn Pocket Books (one working, the other not) and one > Pocket Book II (fully working), which I would like to go to a good home. > I also have the link cable, which will connect to a RISC OS or Windows > machine via the serial port. I also have a ROM card with the 'Spell' > program which works fine. > > I'm in Dorset, UK, and will happily post them to anywhere in the UK. Any > offers, please reply to this post or e-mail me. > > Thanks, > Lawrence The Pocket Book II and the link cable have both now been sold, so I have the two Pocket Books (one working, the other not) and the Spell ROM still available. Lawrence On Wed, 25 May 2005 23:49:39 +0100, Lawrence Matthews wrote: > Lawrence Matthews wrote: >> I have two Acorn Pocket Books (one working, the other not) and one >> Pocket Book II (fully working), which I would like to go to a good home. >> I also have the link cable, which will connect to a RISC OS ...

FS: Acorn A-Link Cable
This is available to anyone who can make use of it for the cost of P&P, say 2 GBP. Please email me if interested. ...

acorn pocket book #2
i need to find the pin out of the serial port on an "acorn pocket book". I have done a quick search on the Net with no luck. Will apprecaite any help. Robert On 22-Jun-2004, "robert" <robertg@ansonic.com.au> wrote: > i need to find the pin out of the serial port on an "acorn pocket book". I > have done a quick search on the Net with no luck. Will apprecaite any > help. Since the Acorn Pocketbook is a rebadged Psion 3, try searching for Psion 3 instead. A quick google through up this which might help you: www.gadec.com/psisync/cables.htm Chris -- How does a project get to be a year late? .... One day at a time. ...

FS : Books about Acorn, RiscOS, etc.
Offers please (+ carriage) Book List 6502 Machine Code for Beginners Archimedes Game Maker's Manual Basic WIMP Programming on the Acorn Dabhand Guide to Artworks How To Write Adventure Games For The BBC Micro Acorn Risc PC Welcome Guide Risc PC x86 Card User Guide RISC OS 3 Style Guide (still shrink wrapped with disc) Regards, Jonathan. -- Internet access with RISC OS 4.02 : <J.C. Conner> Cuius testiculos habes, habeas cardia et cerebellum. -- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods) ...

FS: Pocket Books, another link cable
I've found a second Pocket Boot to Acorn/PC link cable, and also have two Pocket Books still available for sale to anyone who is interested. I'm in Dorset and will happily sell worldwide, please email me for details. Thanks, Lawrence ...

Acorn Books
Hi, I've got some Acorn manuals that I want shut of. Spiral bound user manuals and a couple of welcome guides for Acorn and a couple of older manuals for the Arc. If anyone's interested let me know and I'll list them on eBay. Regards Mark ...

Acorn Publisher / Acorn User / Qercus
By now some people should have received their copy of Qercus - ie issue 268 of Acorn User or vol 10 issue 1 of Acorn Publisher. The additional printing numbers and distribution is new to us so we're not sure how long it will take to get to all subscribers or to be available in the shops. Some bulk mailings to overseas customers may not go until next week. Our experience so far with the database we inherited from Tau Press is that some customers will receive duplicate copies of the magazine whilst others will not receive one at all. We have been working hard to put right as many errors as we could identify but we know there are still some problems remaining. If you receive an extra issue will you please let us know and tell us which reference numbers are on the two (three/four!) labels so that we can put it right for next time. Please don't return any copies - donate duplicates to a friend, library, dentist/doctor's waiting room &c If you don't receive your copy (UK) then please do not let us know until the middle of next week; we have arranged to do *another* sweep of the database after the SW Show and may have sorted out outstanding problems by the time you call. Whilst far-flung Acorn User subscribers should receive their copies faster than before they should give it an extra week at least before reporting non-receipt. For this occasion reminders have been sent separately from the magazine and should have already been received by UK subscribers who n...

FS: Pocket Books
I still have the Pocket Books on sale, if anyone would like them. I'm in Dorset, and will happily post to the UK or abroad, please email me for details. Also, Richard Watkinson, I'm still waiting for the cheque for the Pocket Book II - could you please email me as to when it will arrive. Thanks! Thanks, Lawrence Matthews Lawrence Matthews wrote: > I still have the Pocket Books on sale, if anyone would like them. I'm in > Dorset, and will happily post to the UK or abroad, please email me for > details. > > Also, Richard Watkinson, I'm still waiting for the cheque for the Pocket > Book II - could you please email me as to when it will arrive. Thanks! > > Thanks, > Lawrence Matthews just seen your post - missed the original! how much did you want for a Pocketbook? cheers kez In message <429e1e32$1_2@mk-nntp-2.news.uk.tiscali.com> Lawrence Matthews <oberon@consoleia.co.uk> wrote: > I still have the Pocket Books on sale, if anyone would like them. I'm in > Dorset, and will happily post to the UK or abroad, please email me for > details. > > Also, Richard Watkinson, I'm still waiting for the cheque for the Pocket > Book II - could you please email me as to when it will arrive. Thanks! > > Thanks, > Lawrence Matthews The cheque is on it's way. Richard Watkinson Treasurer Sheffield Folk Festival http://www.sheffieldfolkfestival.org/ Join the RSPB today ...

FS: My Acorn life
BBC Micro model A upgraded to 32K RAM and disc drive port Boots CR325 cassette recorder Boots cassette equipment care kit Pair joysticks with connector Cheetah 125+ joystick Micro Peripherals Ltd 5 1/4" single disc drive LVL Double Density disc drive interface Marconi RB2 Trackerball Stack Lightpen+ Computer Concepts Ltd Scan-light Plus A3010 - The Learning Curve A3010 - The Family Solution Philips CM11342/35G Colour monitor NEC PC 8023 dot matrix printer Box fanfold paper fanfold labels and spare ink cartridges RiscPC one slice with StrongArm 162MB Ram 1221MB Harddisc RISC OS 4.02(10 Aug 1999) Simtec 16bit USB interface CD Writer/Rewriter 32x12x40x Floppy disc drive MIDI interface CDBurn 1.58B4(2001-02-14) FFmpeg 1.04 (22-Dec-09) KinoAMP 0.23 (13th November 2002) Thump 1.47(28 Aug 2002) EXIFinfo 0.59beta DPingScan 1.18(17-Oct-02) TWAIN Sleuth 3.07 Keyboard and mouse Acorn AKF60 monitor Hewlett Packard LaserJet 6L printer Bundles of magazines ( Acorn Archimedes World 1994-1995 ( Acorn User 1994-2003 ( Acorn Computing 1992-1995 ( The Micro User 1987-1992 New Acorn User Binder Highlight 4 Port USB Hub Belkin 4 Port Data Transfer Switch Epson Perfection 1660 Photo scanner Boeder Mouse Holder Xmodem Jetway V.92/56K External Modem Microtech Parallel CameraMate CompactFlash Card Reader/Writer Above mostly boxed most cables and most manuals 4 disc boxes of magazine soft...

Acorn NC or Acorn NetStation, looking for one.
I am looking for an Acorn NC with ethernet interface! If someone has one, please let me know, and a reasonable price. Complete, with the remote and etc! Thanks! Leonardo leonardo@editek.com In message <1192995978.255456.168910@y27g2000pre.googlegroups.com> leonardo.cohen@gmail.com wrote: > I am looking for an Acorn NC with ethernet interface! If someone has > one, please let me know, and a reasonable price. Complete, with the > remote and etc! I shall be eBaying an NC with ethernet, but no remote, fairly shortly, possibly in the next few weeks. Alan -- RISC OS - you know it makes cents ...

FA. Acorn A-Link
I am having a tidy up of some old stuff and have put an Acorn A-Link on ebay. The URL is all on one line of course. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5863122692&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1 -- _ .-----------------------------------------------. __ __| |_ __ __ | NB: When replying, please remove "invalid" | / _/ _` \ V V / | in the address. I am trying more and more | \__\__,_|\_/\_/ |__ suggestions to foil spammers ___| ...

Qercus (Acorn User / Acorn Publisher) binders
The new Qercus binders will be available within 2 weeks and we're taking orders now. They are available in dark blue with the Qercus logo in gold on the spine. The binders will match previous Acorn Publisher binders but will hold 14 copies of the magazine so Qercus readers will have a spare string for notes and indexes whilst Acorn Publisher readers will have room for two years' issues including two annual special issues of Qercus. Qercus is well-worth collecting so order your binder today. Binders will cost 8.95 each inc UK postage and may (just) be available at Wakefield. Until the end of May new subscribers starting their subscription with issue 268, and ordering a binder at the same time, will receive their first issue free. ie UK subscription + binder = 49.95 + 8.95 = 58.90 for year's subscription from issue 269 with issue 268 free. Orders should be sent to "Finnybank Ltd" 30 Finnybank Road Sale M33 6LR or by phone to 0161 969 9820. Cheques or cards can be accepted. Binders and magazines will be despatched together as soon as the binders are available. -- John Cartmell editor Qercus - editor@qercus.com www.qercus.com Qercus: a fusion of Acorn Publisher & Acorn User magazines one magazine for graphics & design - one magazine for all RISC OS users Finnybank Ltd 30 Finnybank Rd Sale M33 6LR == 0161 969 9820 _______________________________________________________________ a.m.conroy@argonet.co.uk, Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.anno...

FS: Acorn monitors.
Hello all, I have several Acorn 28-AKF40 monitors. Offers. Prefer buyer to collect (nr. Dunfermline) but can ship although it's likely to cost more than the monitors! Cheers, Mike..... -- Michael Hambley mike@armpowered.co.uk http://www.screamager.fsnet.co.uk http://www.dispose-it.co.uk - IT disposal/recycling & data destruction. In article <5cdab05b4c.Michael@armpowered.co.uk>, Michael Hambley <mike@armpowered.co.uk> writes >Hello all, > >I have several Acorn 28-AKF40 monitors. Offers. > >Prefer buyer to collect (nr. Dunfermline) but can ship although it's likely >to cost more than the monitors! What's an Acorn AKF-40? I could use a couple of monitors for A410/A540 and A3000. Also trying to find a 15-17" SVGA display for use with my PS2 Linux kit - must support Sync on Green :/ Richard -- Acorn 8-bits, 32-bits, some in bits... Amiga 600, |\ _,,,---,,_ iBook, PB G4, G4, G5, Dell P410, ACW/ABC210 /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;, http://www.dmc12.demon.co.uk/retrotech/ |,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'::. Music? http://www.mp3.com/RichardKilpatrick/ '----''(_/--' `-'\_)Morticia In message <ObzL19KjXG0$Ewl0@btinternet.com> you wrote: > In article <5cdab05b4c.Michael@armpowered.co.uk>, Michael Hambley > <mike@armpowered.co.uk> writes > >Hello all, > > > >I have several Acorn 28-AKF40 monitors. Offers. > > > >Pref...

FA: Acorn Archimedes A310 and Acorn AKF50 Monitor
For Auction on eBay: Acorn Archimedes A310 and Acorn AKF50 Monitor British Broadcasting Corporation Microcomputer System Processor: ARM 3 Memory: 8 MB Hard Disc: 350 MB Podules: Design IT E500 Access+ (Ethernet 10Base2) Oak SCSI Interface Watford Electronics Scanner Peripherals: 3-button mouse Original keyboard with extension cable Watford Electronics Hand Scanner Monitor: Acorn AKF50 with mains connection to A310 and 9/15 adapter. Slight superficial damage to monitor case. Used to be in daily use. Needed only fresh AA batteries (for CMOS RAM) to overcome a year of non-use. Buyer arranges collection. Payment: cash on collection <URL:http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Acorn-Archimedes-A310_W0QQitemZ8804993118QQcategoryZ4193QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem> -- * Sick of BT? Leave them and reduce your phone bill by up to half. * Want a spam-proof Usenet address? Visit www.invalid.org.uk or email me: postmaster at invalid dot org dot uk * (tim@invalid.org.uk is deleted - please use my valid address above) .... "Thy glass will show thee how thy beauties wear, thy dial how thy precious minutes waste" Sonnet 77 ...

FS: Acorn Software titles
I could add them to eBay, but with the recent improvements its got quite cumbersome... - Rhapsody 4 - Schema 2 - Personal Accounts 4 - Topographer - Nightsky - Music Maestro pack (missing two out of three manuals) - Celebration 2 - Being a Scientist CD-ROM I'm open to offers on the above: plus postage. The APDL/ProAction versions are often the first released ones; remember this! Reason for sale-simply no space anymore. David ...

FS: Acorn/RiscPC mags
A huge box of magazines - Beebug/RiscUser/Archive going back to 1987! Looking for a good home really. Just can't bring myself to throw them out! Location Sutton/Croydon but possible delivery available on regular journeys to SW England. Don't really want much for them! ...

FS: Surplus Acorn equipment
Surplus Acorn equipment: Archimedes A7000 - 64Mb / Hard drive / External SCSI CD ROM / AKF60 Monitor (with intermitent cable fault) Archimedes A3000 - 2Mb / Serial interface / plus Hand-held scanner Also a Hybrid Music 4000 keyboard. Any offers? (Anything above �0 will be donated to charity.) (collection NW London) Paul %% % Paul Tribick % (Remove disguise to reply) %% ...

FS: For sale
For sale (i.e. I haven't got the heart to chuck them in a skip): - Acorn Electron, no PSU/manual/box, but excellent condition. Asking =A330 + postage. - BBC Master, needs a bit of a clean, some of the keys have got dirty contacts, otherwise works OK. (Infamous battery pack has been replaced with an empty dry cell holder). Asking =A315 + postage. - BBC micro disk drives, =A312 each plus postage. - Semi-knackered BBC Model B+. - ZX Spectrum Plus with PSU (OK not Acorn - sorry!) , manual and some games tapes, asking =A335 plus postage. If you're interested in any of the above items, please e-mail me at: g0vxo (at) yahoo (dot) co (dot) uk Asking prices are based on eBay adverts & similar, but I'm happy to consider offers.=20 Antony (Oxford area, UK) ...

Acorns fall next to the tree [Acorn stuff on ebuy UK]
I usually don't surf Acorns, but I noticed some on ebuy. Acorn RiscOS 3.5 ROMs - no reserve Acorn 486 Co-processor card - no reserve Acorn Arm610 processor card - no reserve ...

Web resources about - FS: Acorn pocket book (Psion) A-Link - comp.sys.acorn.hardware

Pocket - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A pocket is a bag - or envelope -like receptacle either fastened to or inserted in an article of clothing to hold small items. Pockets may also ...

Dividends about to fill investor pockets
... but about $19 billion in dividends is about to begin flowing. Lilly Vitorovich About $19 billion is about to begin flowing into the pockets ...

Jesse Hogan’s wayward kicking could hurt his hip pocket, says David Schwarz - HeraldSun Search Search ...
... defender Tom McDonald says Jesse Hogan simply had an off day with his kicking, which Demons great David Schwarz warns could hurt his hip pocket. ...

E-cigarette explodes inside man's pocket
Video shows sparks and flames erupt from a Kentucky man's trousers after his e-cigarette battery explodes.

NRL clubs that neglect player welfare are being hit in the hip-pocket
The NRL has a 'reverse Robin Hood' rule where they take money from poor clubs and give it to rich clubs.

Price Drop: Pocket Sheep
Pocket Sheep 1.8.0 Device: iOS Universal Category: Games Price: Free, Version: 1.8.0 ( iTunes ) Description: They are tiny. They are cute. ...

Carfection looks for the ultimate pocket rocket
Filed under: Videos , Ford , MINI , Renault , Hatchback , Performance The aging Ford Fiesta ST takes on the latest Renault Clio RS 220 Trophy ...

GPD Win is a pocket-sized Windows 10 laptop
Lugging around a full-size laptop so you can do a spot of work from anywhere can be a pain. Even using a Windows 10 slate, like the Surface Pro ...

Congressmen Have No Idea Why Special Operators Have To Pay Out Of Pocket For Basic Gear
... Jonah Bennett For reasons still unclear, elite special operators are often let down by their respective services and have to pay out of pocket ...

A premium iPad case company just launched a VR headset that fits in your pocket
Anyone with a modern phone can run Google Cardboard, a platform of apps that can turn your phone into a virtual reality headset. The only hardware ...