FS: Acorn Risc PC (with RISC OS 4.29)

I am selling my Risc PC on EBay. From reading the FAQ it seems it's
ok to advertise hardware on c.a.s.apps, hopefully no one objects. The
machine is a good spec, and runs RISC 0S 4.29. It also has a really
great software bundle, particularly if you are into graphics. A quick
overview:

Machine Spec
Risc PC 600, RISC OS 4.29, StrongARM, 48MB RAM (44 free), 2MB VRAM, 6GB
HDD, CD-ROM drive, Ethernet fitted.

(Software highlights: TopModel2, Artworks, Composition (Compo),
Photodesk, Studio 24 Pro, Impression Style, Writer, Easy C++,
OmniClient, LanMan 98, ANT Internet Suite I & II, many games and other
software)

The link is:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=015&item=250018157895&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

Apologies for the (slight) crosspost between here and apps.

Thanks,

Max

Wanted: Acorn/RISC OS Browser & Mail Client Recommendations for RISC PC
Does anyone know if either Firefox 2 or Pluto will run - albeit somewhat slowly - on a RISC PC with RISC OS 6? Will Firefox 2 or Pluto function on pre-RISC OS 6 platforms? If the answer is 'no' to all the above then what Acorn/RISC OS Browsers & Mail Clients are recommended for use on the RISC PC? At the moment I am using NetSurf 1v1 and have no mail client ... the formatting of some web-pages by NetSurf leaves a lot to be desired - including the comp.sys.acorn.misc discussion listings ... I am currently using a Kinetic RISC OS 4.37/RISC OS Select 3i3 (11 Aug 2003) RISC PC. ...

Potential Wikipedia WikiProject RISC OS (WikiProject Computing
Why don't we further coordinate the Wikipedia articles related to RISC OS? It'd be quite a task but wouldn't require a great deal in the way of technical skills. There's a lot of knowledge and discussion around but unfortunately it doesn't all seem to make it onto Wikipedia. (Please note that I'm *not* suggesting that detailed wiki pages from riscos.info and the PRMs, etc. be migrated to Wikipedia!) I know that a good number of people contribute at some length to Wikipedia, and there are some concerted efforts to coordinate things. However, I'm sure there's st...

RISC OS 3.1 to access on a RISC OS 4.42
What do I need on my RISC OS 3.1 machine to be able to connect to a Shared folder on my A9home? The RISC OS 3.1 machine is an Archemedes 410/1 with a network podule that has Access+ installed. Regards -- Paul Stewart - Far Bletchley, Milton Keynes, England. (msn:sa110@hotmail.com) Be Bold. Dare To Be Different. Use RISC OS (http://www.riscos.com). It's blue and from outta town - The A9home (http://www.advantage6.co.uk/A9hsplash.html). A9home Compatibility page - (http://www.phawfaux.co.uk/a9home/compatibility.asp). In article <764b19a14f.Paul@phawfaux.co.uk&g...

FS: Misc Acorn (and non-Acorn) hardware
Like Peter Naulls yesterday, I'm trying to get rid of my remaining Risc PC and the related hardware. I've put them on eBay. The Acorn-specific items are: Acorn Risc PC StrongARM 233 MHz + Power-tec SCSI http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202188067 i-cubed EtherLan600 for Acorn Risc PC/A7000 http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202186713 Acorn Risc PC power supply, backplane and screws http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202185817 RISC OS Select http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202184767 STD PS2Mouse for Acorn Risc PC http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202183392 Acorn MEU + Plextor PlexWriter RW 4220 internal SCSI http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202182624 Graphic tablet PaintPal Deluxe http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202181086 The rest is not Acorn-specific but was connected to either a Risc PC or a Iyonix and therefore may be of interest here as well: Mitsumi FA402M 3.5" Floppy and 7in1 Media Drive http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202179719 Sony 3.5" Floppy MPF 920 http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202177159 ELSA MicroLink ISDN 4U Router/Hub http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5777800061 Iomega ZIP 100 Drive external SCSI http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202173954 HP ScanJet 3c SCSI http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...

Acorn / RISC OS Community
Issue 284 of Qercus/Acorn User will celebrate the 25th anniversary of Acorn User magazine. For that issue we will be including a roundup of those companies, groups, and individuals who are: supporting current development and support of RISC OS; or keeping archives about Acorn or RISC OS. How we present the information (in the magazine and in associated web support pages) depends on the response but we would like to cover a much wider range than that illustrated on the ROOL mousemat. If you develop, publish, retail, or support RISC OS products in any way then we would like to hear from you URGENTLY with: * Your current contact details (name, address, e-mail, telephone, web-site); * A short statement / advert describing what you cover - in under 100 words; * Your logo (if you have one) for company / main product NB in vector graphics form or at least 300dpi assuming reproduction in a frame 1" high. NB This means *you* (of course) if you are a major retailer, developer, &c but it also means clubs and groups, those who have exhibited at shows in (say) the last 10 years), those offering PD or shareware from websites, those offering general services but with a RISC OS link, those keeping web-sites with articles once published in Acorn / RISC OS magazines, those keeping web-sites with archive Acorn / RISC OS material, &c, &c Don't assume that we already know about you. Don't assume that you're not important enough. Don't assume that, be...

Acorn URI for Netsurf
Hi everybody. My Iyonix has died so I've reverted to the RISC PC until I can get some web design software for my iMac. Then, sorry to say, it will be bye-bye RISC OS for me :-( Meanwhile, I'm trying to do web design on the RISC PS. I'd forgotten just how bad Webster XL is and I've been trying to set up Netsurf, but I can't find a site from which I can download Acorn URI 0.12. I've downloaded a newer version, but this destroyed things completely and the computer wouldn't even boot properly. I've since removed that and would appreciate help getting version 0.12. Mark Syder (like the drink but spelt different) On 13 Aug 2006, Mark Syder wrote: > My Iyonix has died I assume you have already contacted Castle to see if it can be fixed? Might it also be worth explaining in what way this has happened/what's actually wrong with it in case anyone can help? (on csahardware, though, obviously) [...] > Meanwhile, I'm trying to do web design on the RISC PS. I'd > forgotten just how bad Webster XL is and I've been trying to set > up Netsurf, but I can't find a site from which I can download > Acorn URI 0.12. I've downloaded a newer version, but this > destroyed things completely and the computer wouldn't even boot > properly. Again, it might be worth describing the problems in full, quoting any errors you had, and so on, in order that the problem can be resolved. > I've since removed that and ...

RISC OS Open at Acorn World
This weekend, RISC OS Open will be attending the Acorn World part of Britain's largest celebration of vintage computing: the Vintage Computing Festival in Bletchley Park from 19th-20th June 2010. We will be proving that RISC OS is still alive and well with a range of demonstrations, including: * RISC OS on the Beagle Board * RISC OS under emulation * Future RISC OS hardware platforms (Touch Book) Come along and find out what all of the fuss is about! You can also help support the cause and pick up some ROOL merchandise, including: * Mugs * T-shirts * Show CDs with the latest software and sources * Developer tools The Acorn World section is supported by the RISC OS User Group of London. -- Stephen Revill, Director www.riscosopen.org RISC OS Open Ltd 4 Townsend Mews, Wilburton, Ely, Cambridgeshire, CB6 3SQ _______________________________________________________________ a.m.conroy@argonet.co.uk, Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce. Submissions to csaa@owlart.net Related mail to csaa-request@owlart.net ...

FS: RISC OS 4 ROMs
2 sets of ROMs for sale, chips + install CD (one will be a copy as I only have one copy of the CD) �50 each + postage (probably a quid or so) E-mail me, russ (dash) ebay (at) userve (dot) co (dot) uk Reason for sale: gonna upgrade the Risc PC to the new ROMset and downgrade the A7K+ to OS 3.7 :) Cheers, -- Russ Tarbox Remove THELID to reply by e-mail Russ Tarbox wrote: > 2 sets of ROMs for sale, chips + install CD (one will be a copy as I > only have one copy of the CD) > > �50 each + postage (probably a quid or so) > > E-mail me, russ (dash) ebay (at) userve (dot) co (dot) uk > > Reason for sale: gonna upgrade the Risc PC to the new ROMset and > downgrade the A7K+ to OS 3.7 :) > I also have several 10baseT network cards for sale, the sort that plug into the motherboard on Risc PCs and A7Ks. �25 each inc postage. E-mail as above, or indeed below :) Cheers, -- Russ Tarbox Remove THELID to reply by e-mail ...

More Acorn/RISC OS stuff for auction
I've just put some more RISC OS stuff up on eBay. Mainly software CDs this time. Full list on my website at http://www.vigay.com/forsale/ Paul -- Paul __\\|//__ Life, (` o-o ') the Universe ---- www.segfault.co.uk ------ooO-(_)-Ooo------ & Everything ------ Posted using a RISC OS computer - 100% immune to all email viruses. (email address is genuine, to fool junkmailers) If flying is so safe, why do they call the airport the 'terminal'? ...

New Risc OS/ Acorn Website
Keep track of RISC OS-related events at http://www.new-century.org.uk Regards Tommy & Oliver In a dim and distant universe <9c8ac13d-b2c9-4858-babe-a65fc47266cc@d45g2000hsc.googlegroups.com>, <tommydurham@gmail.com> enlightened us thusly: > Keep track of RISC OS-related events at > http://www.new-century.org.uk Is that a new site?? If so, it looks good. Keep it up, and I wish you luck. Paul -- Life, the Universe, RISC OS Help and Everything - http://www.vigay.com/ Share and discuss ideas or chat about the above - http://forum.vigay.com/ Quality Internet, Domain Registration & Hosting - www.orpheusinternet.co.uk/ Yes it is a new site, cheers mate. Tommy & Oliver On 2 May, 23:52, tommydur...@gmail.com wrote: > Keep track of RISC OS-related events at > > http://www.new-century.org.uk > > Regards Tommy & Oliver I quite like the layout etc of the site but one thing you might want to consider is improving the contrast between the text and the background. The pale blue text might be a little hard for people with sight problems to read.(which unfortunatly applies to a large percentage of Risc OS users!) Oh and Quercus (on your links page) should read Qercus. Good luck with it. Regards Col In article <b867e878-fa6f-4500-a066-73661752a1fa@y21g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>, Col Cartmell-Browne <cartmellbrowne@ukonline.co.uk> wrote: > I quite like the layout etc of the site but one thing you might want >...

Acorn / RISC OS CDs for Free
Hello, I'm doing a bit of a clearout and have a lot of CDs that I'm happy to give away for free: - Acorn User Collector's CD-ROM No. 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 200th issue special - Kosovo Orphan Appeal CD - Foundation RISC User 1 - Datafile PDCD-3, 4, 5 - Electronic Font Foundry Free 4000 Public Domain Fonts - iSV Typography (Over 1300 Outline Fonts for RISC OS) - The Tekkie Disc - The Risc Disc 4 - Hard Drive Backup CD (I think the original Iyonix backup CD) - Acorn Risc Technologies StrongARM CD-ROM - Acorn CD-ROM Aug 97 - Acorn Beta Release CD Pl...

More Acorn/RISC OS stuff F/A
I've just put some more Acorn items up for auction, including a 586 processor card for a Risc PC and some more books. Starting at stupidly low prices (some as low as 1p) and with no reserves. See http://www.vigay.com/forsale/ for a complete listing. Paul -- Paul __\\|//__ Life, (` o-o ') the Universe ---- www.segfault.co.uk ------ooO-(_)-Ooo------ & Everything ------ Posted using a RISC OS computer - 100% immune to all email viruses. (email address is genuine, to fool junkmailers) Always try to be mod...

FS: Various Risc PC hardware
Offers invited for the following Risc PC stuff (located in Bury): 233 Mhz StrongARM processor Risc OS 3.7 ROM's StrongARM software CD I-Cubed 10 Mb NIC (Combo) I-Cubed 10 Mb network podule Simtec 16 bit IDE podule APDL Blitz IDE podule (boxed with a �50 software voucher probably not worth the paper it's printed on, although you might get �9.50 worth of upgrade for the Blitz out of Dave Holden) 32x CD Writer came bundled with the above (untested) Power-tec 16/32 bit SCSI 2 podule Power-tec SCSI 1/2/3 podule (software but only one manual for above) SCSI Yamaha CD...

Wanted: RISC OS 3.7 ROMs for a RISC PC 600
Hi, I urgently need a set of RISC OS 3.7 ROMs for a RISC PC 600 and was wondering if anyone had some spare? Thanks, Matthew In message <80acc48a.0401161934.7c15cc8a@posting.google.com> matt@mjprice.co.uk (Matthew Price) wrote: > Hi, > > I urgently need a set of RISC OS 3.7 ROMs for a RISC PC 600 and was > wondering if anyone had some spare? > > Thanks, > > Matthew Only chucked mine out last week. -- Paul Stewart - Bletchley, Milton Keynes RISC OS 4, Select 4.37 (http://www.riscos.com/select) RISC OS 5, now available with IYONIX (http://www.iyonix.com.) >Hi, > >I urgently need a set of RISC OS 3.7 ROMs for a RISC PC 600 and was >wondering if anyone had some spare? > >Thanks, > >Matthew I have 1 set - name your price! -- With very best wishes ===================== Dave Wisnia (at home) Written on RISC OS - VIRUS FREE! In article <80acc48a.0401161934.7c15cc8a@posting.google.com>, Matthew Price <matt@mjprice.co.uk> wrote: > I urgently need a set of RISC OS 3.7 ROMs for a RISC PC 600 and was > wondering if anyone had some spare? Are you sure you mean RO3.7? Or is your RPC600 actually upgraded to an RPCSA? Just curious, since I do have some RO3.6 ROMs around here somewhere from when I upgraded Madoka. I probably even still have the processor... -- //\ // Chika <zvlhxv@penfuarg.bet.hx. - ROT13> // \// The second ZFC coming <crashnet.org.uk/zedeffcee> .... To re...

FA StrongARM RISC PC with RISC OS Adjust in Phoebe Case
Hi Folks, I've decided to sell on my last remaining piece of RISC OS hardware, I'm going down the emulation route. Please take a look - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=330180517774&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=014 Thanks, Lee -- Lee Shepherd ...

Acorn User: The Castle purchase of RISC OS
Have you got something to say about it? Go to the Acorn User web site ( http://www.acornuser.com/ ) and let us know. We will be publishing the most considered opinions in the August issue of Acorn User and best replies will also get a free subscription to the magazine. (If you want to contact me directly use the address: editor@acornuser.com but stick an "au" on the front of it.) -- Rob Donaldson Editor, Acorn User magazine In article <ZRbOa.4093$oA4.31472790@news-text.cableinet.net>, David Robinson <david@devilment.org.invalid> wrote: > "Rob Donaldson&quo...

FS RISC OS 4.02 ROMS
As the subject says. �30 ONO secures CD support software is also available at extra cost. Richard Watkinson Treasurer Sheffield Folk Festival http://www.sheffieldfolkfestival.org/ Turn left where the chip shop used to be. ...

Best Acorn to start playing with Risc OS?
I've been offered a choice between an A5000, A4000, 310 and 410/1 machine to play with. I don't know anything about Acorns, which should I take and how good is it? Simon Simon <flibble@gmail.com> writes: > I've been offered a choice between an A5000, A4000, 310 and 410/1 > machine to play with. I don't know anything about Acorns, which should I > take and how good is it? In terms of capability, the A5000 is far better than the alternatives you mention, and there is no particular reason for sticking with one of the others (except, perhaps, cost). So go for that one. Torben In article <77LUc.365$T51.61@newsfe1-gui.ntli.net>, Simon <flibble@gmail.com> wrote: > I've been offered a choice between an A5000, A4000, 310 and 410/1 > machine to play with. I don't know anything about Acorns, which should > I take and how good is it? As mentioned, the A5000 will be the most powerful/flexible of the lot, but as for "how good is it", it depends what you want to use it for. Depending on whether it comes with 2, 4, or 8MB RAM (4 being the most likely) an A5000 will do you well for DTP and word processing using Ovation or Impression. You may get by with internet access using Socketeer and Netsurf but memory will be tight. MP3s are out of the question, though I have an old copy of StupidPlayer which claims to be able to *just* about play low-bitrate MP3s in realtime on an A5000. If you like RISC OS you may...

looking to get started on Risc OS/Acorn...
Hi, Many moons ago, I used to lust after the Archimedes A410 that our school won on a BBC quiz show (the one where kids answered questions and played Konami Hyper Olympics, etc) and, whilst doing my Computer Studies GCSE, I was aching to get an A5000, or even an A3000, when all my friends had Amigas and STs... However, I was over-ruled and we ended up with a 386 PC (showing my age now!). Now that I am older, but not necessarily wiser, I have collected some of the old machines I wanted as a youth and, having flirted with an A3010 that died rather quickly and had no manuals and which refused to recognise any of the software it was supplied with, I thought I might dip a toe into the RiscOS waters again, especially as the RiscPC form factor has always struck me as truly innovative. So, as Acorn systems were always a bit "home-grown", with active encouragement of cottage- industry add-ons and back-room developers, I was wondering what was available in the way of bits and pieces to fill those slices? Ideally, I'd like a StrongARM RiscPC, with a decent (64MB+) amount of RAM, able to support at least 1024*768 at 32-bit colour, with reasonable sound, but as long as it can run the old titles from my days reading Acorn User, I'm not too fussed about games performance. As far as software goes, I am more thinking of DTP, a decent web browser, good WYSIWYG word processors and spreadsheets and somethign in the way of development tools - I'd like to do some progra...

Kinetic Risc PC OS v4.4
Seem to be getting a little problem with my Kinetic Risc Computer Multitasking lately. When I try and go on line and start browsing the web my computer will start to slow down, You still get the mouse responding with a flicker as if it was still running, but you can no longer move windows about. It seems to be more acute when you are on line and backing up to a USB Pen drive. I have just started to notice this when I downloaded the latest version of NeXTBar v1.17 (But cannot say for sure) from Paul Vigay website, I have just never noticed this behaviour before so could be jumping at straw. Can any of our experts out there on our platform have any clue to what may be at fault. My Computer - Kinetic Risc PC OS 4.4 - with 134 MB Memory Window Manager 4.16 with a Casle Storm SCSI Interface, and USB Interface Card. Programs Running at start up. 1-NeXTBar v1.17 2-Black Hole2 v4.18 3-Pluto v3.04c 4-Win95FS v1.08 5-Transient v1.39 6.Zap v1.46 (19 Oct 2004) Best Regards, Mick -- |^^^^ Michael Martin ^^^^^ mmartin@zetnet.co.uk ^^^|Using Kinetic RiscPC| | * http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/mmartin/fifepits/ *| Email and News by | | ^^^ http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/mmartin/sign/ ^^^| !Pluto | |====== Risc OS immune to MS Viruses ======|===With RISC OS 4===| In article <4db2108343mmartin@zetnet.co.uk>, Michael M Martin <mmartin@zetnet.co.uk> wrote: > Seem to be getting a little problem with my Kinetic Risc Computer > Mult...

Misc Acorn/RISC OS items FA
I've just added a load more old Acorn/RISC OS items up on eBay, including the following; Computer Concepts ROM/RAM podule (quite rare!) Colton Software Resultz Colton Software Wordz Spacetech Photodesk 2 Acorn A3000 MIDI podule Acorn Archimedes Genlock podule (made by Clares) Acorn Archimedes Genlock podule (Chromalock, made by Wild Vision) All starting at incredibly low prices, with no reserve!! :-) For a complete listing, see http://www.vigay.com/forsale/ Paul -- Paul __\\|//__ Life, (` o-o ') the Univer...

Firefox and RISC OS
This is a long message, and necessarily so as to present an understandable picture, and even given the length I've left out information in order to keep the length down. Please try and read all of it, and all the referenced URLs before replying publicly or privately. As many of you know, I have been working on many ports, or conversions of software from other platforms for the last few years under the guise of the Unix Porting Project and other related work including the GCCSDK project (GCC for RISC OS). If you've been following the project closely - as a subscriber or otherwise - you may well appreciate the very considerable amount of work involved. This is a consequence of the desire to bring many new pieces of software to RISC OS in a reasonable time frame, as well as put in places systems and compatibility to make this process much easier in future for myself and others. This is in contrast to the traditional RISC OS porting approach of just porting a few pieces of software independently of each other and spending a great deal of time on them. As you probably also know, chief among the project's aims is to bring a new, comprehensive open source web browser to RISC OS. If you've read the document I put together, "The RISC OS Browser Issue" (<URL:http://www.riscos.info/unix/browser.html>) you'll appreciate why I believe that a commercial browser can never provide an entirely satisfactory solution for RISC OS browsing; largely as a ...

FA: Large box of Acorn RISC OS stuff
Hi, I've just put a large box full of Acorn RISC OS stuff up on eBay for auction. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160307502376 There's a lot of stuff in there, here's the full list: CDs Acorn User 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 Acorn Products & Services Acorn Aug 97 CD Acorn Betas CD (Browse, etc.) Archimedes World Archive CD 1996 DataFile PDCD 3 StrongARM upgrade CD RISC OS 4 install CDs, v1 and v2 Uniqueway Risc Disc 1,2,3 ROL RISC OS Programmer's Reference Manuals CD Software Acorn C/C++ (boxed incl. manuals) APSoft ImageFS 2 ARM Club Game On! v2 Clares Virtualise Doggysoft Desktop Hacker Oregan Morpheus R-Comp MusicMan R-Comp Grapevine 2 R-Comp Quake Resurrection R-Comp Messenger Pro 1 R-Comp Messenger Pro 2 URW Fonts WSS Z80Em WSS PhotoFiler Games Krisalis Sim City Krisalis Speedball 2 4th Dimension Saloon Cars Deluxe (StrongARM version) 4th Dimension Chopper Force (StrongARM version) 4th Dimension Stunt Racer 2000 (StrongARM version) Books RISC OS PRMs vols. 1..4 + 5a + indexes RISC OS Style Guide (x2) Dabs Press - Archimedes Assembly Language (Mike Ginns) 2nd ed. (1991) Dabs Press - Archimedes Operating System (Alex & Nic van Someren) (1990) Hardware Risc PC original keyboard Risc PC 1M VRAM card Risc PC ARM610 CPU card 3x RISC OS 3.5 ROMs Regards, Dave -- David Thomas dave@davespace.co.uk http://www.davespace.co.uk/ Can I recommend http://www.interparcel.com No account necessary and they collect from you! 6.99+ V...

Acorn A3000 RISC-OS 3.11 upgrade
Hi, Can anybody help. I have just bought an Acorn A3000 computer from an auction. It works 'perfectly' as far as I can see, but there is a plastic box that is labeled as: Simtec Electronics - RISC-OS 3.11 ROM Upgrade (RISC-OS 3 Acorn Computers Ltd). In this box is four (4) chips which I presume are ROM chips for the upgrade. They are marked as: 0296-044-02 where the 044 part is 043, 042 and 041 respectfuly on per chip. I have put them in the ROM sockets as: ROM1 = 041, ROM2 = 042 etc, but when powered up nothing happens I just get blank screen. I have put the originals back in and all is well. The fitted RISC-OS is version 2 with ARM BBC Basic V version 1.04. I need help how to upgrade the RISC-OS to 3.11 or if these are actually ROM chips? Regards Ray In article <6d4Wc.294$IX2.271@newsfe2-gui.ntli.net>, amd2800 <URL:mailto:amd2800@ntlworld.com> wrote: > Hi, > > Can anybody help. I have just bought an Acorn A3000 computer from an > auction. It works 'perfectly' as far as I can see, but there is a plastic > box that is labeled as: > > Simtec Electronics - RISC-OS 3.11 ROM Upgrade (RISC-OS 3 Acorn Computers > Ltd). > > In this box is four (4) chips which I presume are ROM chips for the upgrade. > They are marked as: 0296-044-02 where the 044 part is 043, 042 and 041 > respectfuly on per chip. I have put them in the ROM sockets as: ROM1 = 041, > ROM2 = 042 etc, but when powered up nothing happe...

Web resources about - FS: Acorn Risc PC (with RISC OS 4.29) - comp.sys.acorn.hardware

Acorn - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Acorns from small to large of the Willow Oak, Quercus phellos (very small, at center); the Southern Red Oak, Quercus falcata ; the White Oak, ...

Acorns - Invest Spare Change in Index Fund Stocks via Bank, Credit & Debit Cards; Finance Retirement ...
Get Acorns - Invest Spare Change in Index Fund Stocks via Bank, Credit & Debit Cards; Finance Retirement Investments or Build Wealth Investing ...

Trading acorns - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Federal Trade Commission Building, Washington, DC Used in mashup by The Consumerist ("Sweepstake Scammers Impersonate FTC" by Ben Popken - November ...

ACORN Prostitution Investigation - James O'Keefe and Hannah Giles - Part 1 - YouTube
Your tax dollars fund ACORN "members" thugs to allegedly develop an underage international prostitution ring. Call your congressmen and senator ...

Acorns turns your spare change into an investment portfolio
... funds on your behalf. I had coffee recently with George Lucas. No, not that George Lucas. My coffee was with the managing director of Acorns ...

ACORN website allows Canberrans to report growing instances of cybercrime
A new website to fight cybercrime is set to save police an enormous amount of time and money.

ACORN website allows Australians to report growing instances of cybercrime
A new website to fight cybercrime is set to save police an enormous amount of time and money.

Cost of internet access for low-income earners needs to be lowered: ACORN
Many Canadians take surfing the net for granted, but not everyone can afford internet.

ACORN Worker Fired After Appearance In Undercover Video - 10News.com KGTV ABC10 San Diego
An ACORN employee who appeared to give human-smuggling advice to a pimp and prostitute in an undercover video made by conservative filmmakers ...

Acorn version 4 brings revamped UI, speed enhancements, non-destructive filters & much more
Flying Meat, the developer behind the popular Photoshop-like image editing app called ‘Acorn’, today has released version 4.0 of the app bringing ...