Hard disk for Acorn A3000

Hi,
Please can anyone tell me where I can get a new or second-hand
hard disk for my A3000 from?
I read article in the Acorn User about A3000,
and I'm therefore interested although I don't
really know how easy it is to fit one.

Regards
Paolo
0
autopri (15)

Paolo Borzini wrote:
> Hi,
> Please can anyone tell me where I can get a new or second-hand
> hard disk for my A3000 from?
> I read article in the Acorn User about A3000,
> and I'm therefore interested although I don't
> really know how easy it is to fit one.

Any old 2 1/2" HDD will do, the sort for laptops.

You'll want a smallish one though, 512Mb Max I believe. You'll also need a 2
1/2" cable.

Cheers,

--
Russ Tarbox

Remove THELID to reply by e-mail

0
russ-ebay (96)
2/23/2004 4:46:25 PM
In article <403a2e5e$0$16927$afc38c87@news.easynet.co.uk>, Russ Tarbox
<russ-ebay@THELIDuserve.co.uk> wrote:

> Any old 2 1/2" HDD will do, the sort for laptops.

> You'll want a smallish one though, 512Mb Max I believe. You'll also need
> a 2 1/2" cable.

You forgot about the IDE filing system and interface, Russ. Only the A3020
has inbuilt support, the 3000 and 3010 will require an interface card of
some sort.

Hope this is of some help,

John

--
 John Williams, Wirral,  Merseyside, UK - no attachments to these addresses!
   change user to johnrwilliams for speediest attention!

Try APDL for the interface go here http://www.apdl.co.uk/blitz.htm
And hardrives http://www.apdl.co.uk/drives.htm
--
Kev Wells  http://kevsoft.topcities.com
Swinging Arm and Touring Motorcycle Club http://saat.topcities.com
> Hi,
> Please can anyone tell me where I can get a new or second-hand
> hard disk for my A3000 from?
> I read article in the Acorn User about A3000,
> and I'm therefore interested although I don't
> really know how easy it is to fit one.

Caveat - I've not seen the article.
The HDD we've got on the A3000 at school is simply bolted on to the
back.  A friend of mine had one that plugged in on the length of a
piece of cable.  I'm about to find out that I've just shown my
ignorance, aren't I... ;-)
--
Frances
Wales,UK
John Williams (News) wrote:
> In article <403a2e5e$0$16927$afc38c87@news.easynet.co.uk>, Russ Tarbox
> <russ-ebay@THELIDuserve.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> Any old 2 1/2" HDD will do, the sort for laptops.
>
>> You'll want a smallish one though, 512Mb Max I believe. You'll also
>> need a 2 1/2" cable.
>
> You forgot about the IDE filing system and interface, Russ. Only the
> A3020 has inbuilt support, the 3000 and 3010 will require an
> interface card of some sort.

Well spotted...sorry for the confusion :)

--
Russ Tarbox

Remove THELID to reply by e-mail

0
russ-ebay (96)
2/24/2004 9:44:41 AM
"Russ Tarbox" <russ-ebay@THELIDuserve.co.uk> wrote in message news:<403a2e5e$0$16927$afc38c87@news.easynet.co.uk>...
> Any old 2 1/2" HDD will do, the sort for laptops.
> You'll want a smallish one though, 512Mb Max I believe. You'll also need a 2
> 1/2" cable.

Hi,
I have a HD 2,5" but I don't see on motherboard the connector for the hd.

cheers
Paolo
0
autopri (15)
2/24/2004 9:59:11 AM
In article <MPG.1aa486ce23822c0e989755@news.individual.net>,
   Frances <me@privacy.net> wrote:
> autopri@tin.it said...
> > Hi,
> > Please can anyone tell me where I can get a new or second-hand
> > hard disk for my A3000 from?
> > I read article in the Acorn User about A3000,
> > and I'm therefore interested although I don't
> > really know how easy it is to fit one.

> Caveat - I've not seen the article.
Neither have I but we may have a copy of the magazine in stock - if someone
would tell me which issue!

--
John Cartmell editor Qercus  - editor@qercus.com  www.qercus.com
	Qercus: a fusion of Acorn Publisher & Acorn User magazines
autopri@tin.it (Paolo Borzini) wrote in message news:<2a057948.0402230652.da56c42@posting.google.com>...
> Hi,
> Please can anyone tell me where I can get a new or second-hand
> hard disk for my A3000 from?

For an accessible technical view of the options available, see
http://users.argonet.co.uk/ifel/hdiscs/a3000.html

Also worth calling APDL, IFEL, Simtec to see if they have any bargain
bits if you don't see them on Ebay.

Hope this helps,
Andrew
0
ajw99uk (550)
2/25/2004 12:53:52 PM
In article <5e20ee0e.0402250453.56dd1e5f@posting.google.com>,
   Andrew Wickham <ajw99uk@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Also worth calling APDL, IFEL, Simtec to see if they have any bargain
> bits if you don't see them on Ebay.

Castle also marketed suitable drives and interfaces as a package. These,
as most others, were in the form of an internal podule sited at rear
adjacent to PSU.

A3000s upgraded with longer 2 or 4Mb RAM expansion cards can have a
problem with IDE interface designs from some suppliers. SIMTEC RAM cards
did not cause a problem. I fitted numerous HDs and RAM upgrades (as well
as RISC OS) upgrades during my time in technical support with an LEA.

Lionel

--
    ___          ______
   /  /         /  ___/       4 children         | Sea Vixen for pugnacity

From an OS that Windows is too young to remember. ;-)
0
lionels (537)
2/25/2004 5:23:52 PM
In message <4c862b9e43editor@qercus.com>
          Qercus editor <editor@qercus.com> wrote:

> In article <MPG.1aa486ce23822c0e989755@news.individual.net>,
>    Frances <me@privacy.net> wrote:
> > autopri@tin.it said...
> > > Hi,
> > > Please can anyone tell me where I can get a new or second-hand
> > > hard disk for my A3000 from?
> > > I read article in the Acorn User about A3000,
> > > and I'm therefore interested although I don't
> > > really know how easy it is to fit one.
>
> > Caveat - I've not seen the article.
> Neither have I but we may have a copy of the magazine in stock - if someone
> would tell me which issue!

Well I can think of a couple of possibilities :

Issue 142 - May 1994, article about buying 2nd hand and possibilities
of upgrading said purchases relatively cheaply.

Issue 239 - Nov 2001, article about breathing life into old machines
and again cheap upgrade possibilities.

--
John Crane, RISC OS User
0
<john@johnandtina.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
> In message <4c862b9e43editor@qercus.com> Qercus editor
>           <editor@qercus.com> wrote:

> > In article <MPG.1aa486ce23822c0e989755@news.individual.net>, Frances
> >    <me@privacy.net> wrote:
> > > autopri@tin.it said...
> >
> > > Caveat - I've not seen the article.
> > Neither have I but we may have a copy of the magazine in stock - if
> > someone would tell me which issue!

> Well I can think of a couple of possibilities :

> Issue 142 - May 1994, article about buying 2nd hand and possibilities of
> upgrading said purchases relatively cheaply.

I'm afraid that 1994 is in the middle of our 'big gap' though I'm hoping we
can do something to fill that gap for our archives.

> Issue 239 - Nov 2001, article about breathing life into old machines and
> again cheap upgrade possibilities.

Scanned prints are available for articles from this issue. Ask for prices.

I'm afraid our back issues of Acorn User are far sparser than our Acorn
Publisher equivalents - though if they were as extensive we'd need new
premises!

--
John Cartmell editor Qercus  - editor@qercus.com  www.qercus.com
	Qercus: a fusion of Acorn Publisher & Acorn User magazines
one magazine for graphics & design  -  one magazine for all RISC OS users
	Finnybank Ltd 30 Finnybank Rd Sale M33 6LR  == 0161 969 9820
0
editor605 (623)

FS: Misc Acorn (and non-Acorn) hardware
Like Peter Naulls yesterday, I'm trying to get rid of my remaining Risc PC and the related hardware. I've put them on eBay. The Acorn-specific items are: Acorn Risc PC StrongARM 233 MHz + Power-tec SCSI http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202188067 i-cubed EtherLan600 for Acorn Risc PC/A7000 http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202186713 Acorn Risc PC power supply, backplane and screws http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202185817 RISC OS Select http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202184767 STD PS2Mouse for Acorn Risc PC http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202183392 Acorn MEU + Plextor PlexWriter RW 4220 internal SCSI http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202182624 Graphic tablet PaintPal Deluxe http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202181086 The rest is not Acorn-specific but was connected to either a Risc PC or a Iyonix and therefore may be of interest here as well: Mitsumi FA402M 3.5" Floppy and 7in1 Media Drive http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202179719 Sony 3.5" Floppy MPF 920 http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202177159 ELSA MicroLink ISDN 4U Router/Hub http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5777800061 Iomega ZIP 100 Drive external SCSI http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202173954 HP ScanJet 3c SCSI http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...

Best Hard Disks Buy Online, Cost effective Transcend Hard Disks, Best Price External Hard Disks, Imation Hard Disks
Best Hard Disks Buy Online, Cost effective Transcend Hard Disks, Best Price External Hard Disks, Imation Hard Disks Best Hard Disks =96 Smart Shoppers - provides transcend hard disks, external hard disks, imation hard disks, western digital hard disks at reasonable price. Contact: http://www.smartshoppers.in/category/best-hard-disks Customer Support Number: +91 044-45590370 best hard disks transcend hard disks external hard disks imation hard disks western digital hard disks ...

Best Hard Disks Buy Online, Cost effective Transcend Hard Disks, Best Price External Hard Disks, Imation Hard Disks
Best Hard Disks Buy Online, Cost effective Transcend Hard Disks, Best Price External Hard Disks, Imation Hard Disks Best Hard Disks =96 Smart Shoppers - provides transcend hard disks, external hard disks, imation hard disks, western digital hard disks at reasonable price. Contact: http://www.smartshoppers.in/category/best-hard-disks Customer Support Number: +91 044-45590370 best hard disks transcend hard disks external hard disks imation hard disks western digital hard disks ...

Acorn Publisher / Acorn User / Qercus
By now some people should have received their copy of Qercus - ie issue 268 of Acorn User or vol 10 issue 1 of Acorn Publisher. The additional printing numbers and distribution is new to us so we're not sure how long it will take to get to all subscribers or to be available in the shops. Some bulk mailings to overseas customers may not go until next week. Our experience so far with the database we inherited from Tau Press is that some customers will receive duplicate copies of the magazine whilst others will not receive one at all. We have been working hard to put right as many errors as we could identify but we know there are still some problems remaining. If you receive an extra issue will you please let us know and tell us which reference numbers are on the two (three/four!) labels so that we can put it right for next time. Please don't return any copies - donate duplicates to a friend, library, dentist/doctor's waiting room &c If you don't receive your copy (UK) then please do not let us know until the middle of next week; we have arranged to do *another* sweep of the database after the SW Show and may have sorted out outstanding problems by the time you call. Whilst far-flung Acorn User subscribers should receive their copies faster than before they should give it an extra week at least before reporting non-receipt. For this occasion reminders have been sent separately from the magazine and should have already been received by UK subscribers who n...

Acorn Archimedes A3000
A friend has told me he is having a clear-out and has found his A3000 and its monitor. They were working when packed away years ago but he has no idea now but knows no reason why they shouldn't work. I think he'll let them go free to anyone interested. Collect from High Wycombe. He though I would like it as it's the same as my Iyonix, isn't it? ;-D Interested parties should email me please: t i m < a t > t i m i l . c o m -- * Stop paying BT so much: www.timil.com/usenet.php * Want a genuine but spam-proof Usenet address? Visit www.invalid.org.uk or email me: postmaster at invalid dot org dot uk * (tim@invalid.org.uk is deleted unread - please use my valid address above) .... "O, beauty, till now I never knew thee!" Henry VIII, Act i, Sc.4 In article <4f549e0191tim@invalid.org.uk>, Tim Hill <tim@invalid.org.uk> wrote: > knows no reason why they shouldn't work. The battery has probably died, leaked and corroded away nearby tracks on the PCB :-( -- Stuart Winsor From is valid but subject to change without notice if it gets spammed. For Barn dances and folk evenings in the Coventry and Warwickshire area See: http://www.barndance.org.uk In message <4f54a44395SW_NOSPAM@dsl.pipex.com> Stuart <SW_NOSPAM@dsl.pipex.com> wrote: > In article <4f549e0191tim@invalid.org.uk>, > Tim Hill <tim@invalid.org.uk> wrote: >> knows no reason why they shouldn't work. >...

Qercus (Acorn User / Acorn Publisher) binders
The new Qercus binders will be available within 2 weeks and we're taking orders now. They are available in dark blue with the Qercus logo in gold on the spine. The binders will match previous Acorn Publisher binders but will hold 14 copies of the magazine so Qercus readers will have a spare string for notes and indexes whilst Acorn Publisher readers will have room for two years' issues including two annual special issues of Qercus. Qercus is well-worth collecting so order your binder today. Binders will cost 8.95 each inc UK postage and may (just) be available at Wakefield. Until the end of May new subscribers starting their subscription with issue 268, and ordering a binder at the same time, will receive their first issue free. ie UK subscription + binder = 49.95 + 8.95 = 58.90 for year's subscription from issue 269 with issue 268 free. Orders should be sent to "Finnybank Ltd" 30 Finnybank Road Sale M33 6LR or by phone to 0161 969 9820. Cheques or cards can be accepted. Binders and magazines will be despatched together as soon as the binders are available. -- John Cartmell editor Qercus - editor@qercus.com www.qercus.com Qercus: a fusion of Acorn Publisher & Acorn User magazines one magazine for graphics & design - one magazine for all RISC OS users Finnybank Ltd 30 Finnybank Rd Sale M33 6LR == 0161 969 9820 _______________________________________________________________ a.m.conroy@argonet.co.uk, Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.anno...

Acorn A3000 and A3010
Hi, after lurking for a while on this NG and making the odd post. I finally took some advice that was given here about using a Risc PC. It was recommended that you get a low spec one and see if you "get on with it" Anyhoo, I purchased a A3000 and a A3010 from eBay yesterday for fifteen pounds (a bit of a bargain I think) and not know much about these machines I wondered if someone could point me out to where the specs of these machines can be found. And more importantly how the can be upgraded and to what spec is the maximum possible. Can the CPU, ROM etc be upgraded and waht is the maximum memory. I read that the A3000 could take up to four Meg, but is this surpassable? I would eventually like to add a hard disk and soup it up a fully usable machine for modern applications, Is this possible? Any help would be greatly appreciated Daniel In message <cbsin6$va7$1@news8.svr.pol.co.uk> "Daniel Weston" <daniel@weston5618.freeserve.co.uk> wrote: > Hi, after lurking for a while on this NG and making the odd post. I finally > took some advice that was given here about using a Risc PC. It was > recommended that you get a low spec one and see if you "get on with it" > > Anyhoo, I purchased a A3000 and a A3010 from eBay yesterday for fifteen > pounds (a bit of a bargain I think) and not know much about these machines I > wondered if someone could point me out to where the specs of these machines &g...

Acorn NC or Acorn NetStation, looking for one.
I am looking for an Acorn NC with ethernet interface! If someone has one, please let me know, and a reasonable price. Complete, with the remote and etc! Thanks! Leonardo leonardo@editek.com In message <1192995978.255456.168910@y27g2000pre.googlegroups.com> leonardo.cohen@gmail.com wrote: > I am looking for an Acorn NC with ethernet interface! If someone has > one, please let me know, and a reasonable price. Complete, with the > remote and etc! I shall be eBaying an NC with ethernet, but no remote, fairly shortly, possibly in the next few weeks. Alan -- RISC OS - you know it makes cents ...

FA: Acorn Archimedes A310 and Acorn AKF50 Monitor
For Auction on eBay: Acorn Archimedes A310 and Acorn AKF50 Monitor British Broadcasting Corporation Microcomputer System Processor: ARM 3 Memory: 8 MB Hard Disc: 350 MB Podules: Design IT E500 Access+ (Ethernet 10Base2) Oak SCSI Interface Watford Electronics Scanner Peripherals: 3-button mouse Original keyboard with extension cable Watford Electronics Hand Scanner Monitor: Acorn AKF50 with mains connection to A310 and 9/15 adapter. Slight superficial damage to monitor case. Used to be in daily use. Needed only fresh AA batteries (for CMOS RAM) to overcome a year of non-use. Buyer arranges collection. Payment: cash on collection <URL:http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Acorn-Archimedes-A310_W0QQitemZ8804993118QQcategoryZ4193QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem> -- * Sick of BT? Leave them and reduce your phone bill by up to half. * Want a spam-proof Usenet address? Visit www.invalid.org.uk or email me: postmaster at invalid dot org dot uk * (tim@invalid.org.uk is deleted - please use my valid address above) .... "Thy glass will show thee how thy beauties wear, thy dial how thy precious minutes waste" Sonnet 77 ...

Copy hard disk to hard disk across network
I'm trying to clone the hard disk in my laptop to another connected over a network in my desktop pc which will eventually replace the existing one. After hours of trying to get this to work I'm stumped - Norton Ghost complains that it can't create a virtual partition to boot due (finally realised this was down to a conflict with Partition Magic). Powerquest Drive Image wants me to create a boot floppy, my laptop doesn't have a floppy drive as it's a slimmed down one with floppies as add-ons which I don't really want to buy just for this use so I can't do this. How else can I get an image of my existing drive over to the new one across the network? Well if its possible and you have a cd burner on some computer on your network and some basic software (IE nero or easy cd creator) you can make the floppy image on a computer with a drive, then use nero or cd creator to take that floppy image and put it on a bootable cd, then when the computer boots it will use that image like a floppy, you will not be able to change it but you can use it, I use those images for ghost multicast images or remade my win98 and ME install CDs with a cdrom original win98 boot disk that has cdrom support. "nil spam" <no@spamplease.com> wrote in message news:btv45o$scu$1@uns-a.ucl.ac.uk... > I'm trying to clone the hard disk in my laptop to another connected over a > network in my desktop pc which will eventually replace the existing one. > Aft...

Acorn Electron hardware wanted
Folks Forgive what may be an intrusion but if anyone is prepared to sell any Acorn Electron hardware in particular an (original L-shaped) Acorn Plus 3, please reply to this. Cheers On 20 Jan 2006 as I do recall, JCC wrote: > Folks > > Forgive what may be an intrusion but if anyone is prepared to sell any Acorn > Electron hardware in particular an (original L-shaped) Acorn Plus 3, please > reply to this. > These are the correct groups, but comp.sys.acorn.hardware might be even better... :-) -- Harriet Bazley == Loyaulte me lie == ...

Adding a hard disk to an A3000
Hi there guys! I've got an A3000 on it's way from the UK, and I am just wondering how I could go about adding a hard disk to it? Are there any upgrades currently available that allow me to use SD/MMC/CF/IDE/SCSI with it? If not does anyone have a SCSI card they want to sell? Thanks so much! Conrad In article <4a17a719-df88-4c9c-9c5d-dfa665e58fef@v29g2000prb.googlegroups.com>, Conrad <conrad.russo@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi there guys! > I've got an A3000 on it's way from the UK, and I am just wondering how > I could go about adding a hard disk to it? Are there any upgrades > currently available that allow me to use SD/MMC/CF/IDE/SCSI with it? > If not does anyone have a SCSI card they want to sell? Thanks so much! Hi Conrad There won't be anything 'current' for such an ancient machine but it is certainly possible to add a HD. Your best bet is to go to CJE Micros www.cjemicros.co.uk and put A3000 in the search box and see what you get. Good luck Alan -- Alan Calder, Milton Keynes, UK. --- news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: news@netfront.net --- On 5 May, 13:47, Alan Calder <alan_cal...@o2.co.uk> wrote: > In article > <4a17a719-df88-4c9c-9c5d-dfa665e58...@v29g2000prb.googlegroups.com>, > =A0 =A0Conrad <conrad.ru...@gmail.com> wrote: > > > Hi there guys! > > I've got an A3000 on it's way from the UK, and I am just wondering how > > I could go about...

Hard Disk Image A3000
Hi, Can anybody help, I would like to make a hard disk image of my A3000 hard disk with Risc OS 3.1. I am using Red Squirrel on my PC so would like to duplicate my A3000 so I can develope and play on the move. My PC is Win XP SP2. Regards Ray On 2 Jun 2005 "Delllap" <delllap@ntlworld.com> wrote: > Can anybody help, I would like to make a hard disk image of my A3000 hard > disk with Risc OS 3.1. I suspect you could make a direct image of it if its less than 2GB using !FCFS, then strip the first 256 bytes and use the file directly with Red Squirrel. However you would need a 2nd larger harddisc in order to make the image, and you are still left with the problem of how to transfer the large file accorss to a PC. It would be easy with network access a shared PC disc, but in one of your previous posts, you mentioned no network card. ---druck -- The ARM Club Free Software - http://www.armclub.org.uk/free/ The 32bit Conversions Page - http://www.quantumsoft.co.uk/druck/ "druck" <news@druck.freeuk.com> wrote in message news:4a30cc744d.druck@druck.freeuk.net... > On 2 Jun 2005 "Delllap" <delllap@ntlworld.com> wrote: > > Can anybody help, I would like to make a hard disk image of my A3000 hard > > disk with Risc OS 3.1. > > I suspect you could make a direct image of it if its less than 2GB using > !FCFS, then strip the first 256 bytes and use the file directly with > Red Squirrel. > > Ho...

FS: Misc Acorn hardware
i-cubed EtherLan 600: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101336155 IBM 586 (100 MHz) card: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101337088 RISC OS 3.50: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101348173 RISC OS 4.02: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101349126 Risc PC: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101360766 StrongARM card: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101361862 Texas Instruments 486-SLC (40 MHz): http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101363515 Everything in good, near perfect condition unless stated otherwise. I'm selling from Germany, but I'll deliver to UK as well. Oversea on request. Please get in touch for shipping cost in those cases. -- Stefan Bellon On 10 Jun, I wrote: > StrongARM card: > http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101361862 I announced this offer without RISC OS 3.70 ROMs because I didn't find the ones belonging to the card. In the meantime I have found them. This offer will include the RISC OS 3.70 ROM set. -- Stefan Bellon ...

Hard Disk Image A3000
Hi, Can anybody help, I would like to make a hard disk image of my A3000 hard disk with Risc OS 3.1. I am using Red Squirrel on my PC so would like to duplicate my A3000 so I can develope and play on the move. My PC is Win XP SP2. Regards Ray ...

FA: Acorn Archimedes A310 and Acorn AKF50 Monitor #2
For Auction on eBay (Less than 20 hours to go): Acorn Archimedes A310 and Acorn AKF50 Monitor British Broadcasting Corporation Microcomputer System Processor: ARM 3 Memory: 8 MB Hard Disc: 350 MB Podules: Design IT E500 Access+ (Ethernet 10Base2) Oak SCSI Interface Watford Electronics Scanner Peripherals: 3-button mouse Original keyboard with extension cable Watford Electronics Hand Scanner Monitor: Acorn AKF50 with mains connection to A310 and 9/15 adapter. Slight superficial damage to monitor case. Used to be in daily use. Needed only fresh AA batteries (for CMOS RAM) to overcome a year of non-use. Buyer arranges collection. Payment: cash on collection <URL:http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Acorn-Archimedes-A310_W0QQitemZ8804993118QQcategoryZ4193QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem> ...

Acorns fall next to the tree [Acorn stuff on ebuy UK]
I usually don't surf Acorns, but I noticed some on ebuy. Acorn RiscOS 3.5 ROMs - no reserve Acorn 486 Co-processor card - no reserve Acorn Arm610 processor card - no reserve ...

Problems posting to acorn.hardware
Hi, I've posted a few things to acorn.hardware in the last few days but I was surprised to get no follow ups from the normal helpful people who contribute regularly. Checking on google.groups it doesn't look as if any of my posts have got through - I have a local copy whicy presumably gets added by MessengerPro. Is there any problem posting to this group at the moment? -- andrew.mcmullon@tesco.net In article <92d606294d.andy@andrew.mcmullon@tesco.net>, Andy McMullon <andrew.mcmullon@tesco.net> wrote: > Hi, > I've posted a few things to acorn.hardware in the last few days but I > was surprised to get no follow ups from the normal helpful people who > contribute regularly. > Checking on google.groups it doesn't look as if any of my posts have > got through - I have a local copy whicy presumably gets added by > MessengerPro. > Is there any problem posting to this group at the moment? Three items from you since Jan 2nd. (One of those was a repeat of an earlier query about KVM kit) Those items appeared OK. Maybe the people who could answer aren't around at the moment, winter sun holiday perhaps? Gone off to work in one of the countries around the Indian Ocean. Whatever. On 6 Jan 2005 Andy McMullon <andrew.mcmullon@tesco.net> wrote: > I've posted a few things to acorn.hardware in the last few days but I > was surprised to get no follow ups from the normal helpful people who > contribute regul...

FS: All manner of Acorn Hardware
Hi all I'm loosing my room at my parents, which means my collection of Acorn stuff has to go! This includes but is not limited to some of the following; A5000, standard, old college machine A3000, with external hard drive and a 5 1/4" floppy disc (this machine i love, grew up with it but have no where to put it), also has a network card RISC PC 700, another ex college one, works, think i might have put a strong arm and PC card in it. Acorn electron, with tapes and two power supplies Star dot matrix printer for the acorn, includes at least one ink ribbon All kinds of miscellaneous hard ware for a BBC b/master including; CUB monitor, various tape decks and modems, floppy drives Pile of Acorn User magazines (about 30 of) Bigger pile of manuals, probably in the region of 20 manuals and software packs Miscellaneous boxes of software on low density floppies See the following for piccies, this is not everything, and not everything pictured is available http://s297.photobucket.com/albums/mm230/vannystick/ Would prefer for the whole lot to go in one go but don't expect it, and I would like to see token gestures of cash for them. Not able to post at the moment, located on the Wirral but can also be collected from Liverpool with sufficient warning. Needs to go in the next two weeks, so offered here, then eBay, then the tip! I'd have thought ebay would be best as there has not been that much Acorn/RISC OS stuff on there for a while, so prices should be good. Also, if ...

Acorn PD cover disks
Does anyone know of any web sites where I can download Acorn Users PD cover disks. I've managed to get an emulator up and running, could do with some disks images to tinker with Cheers!!! Hi, Simon Says wrote: > Does anyone know of any web sites where I can download Acorn Users PD > cover disks. You can't. Quite a lot of the ones I did had copyright material Tau Press had permission to use. You *might* be able to get hold of a set by asking John Cartmell nicely. TTFN Paul In article <dtsbra$30p$1@newsg2.svr.pol.co.uk>, Simon Says <Simon@says.zz> wrot...

Retrieving remaining hard disk capacity information while streaming to hard disk
Hi, Can anybody help me out here? Thanks, Allan Hi Allan Call the "Voulme Info" VI (File I/O>>Advanced File Functions Subpalette) from time to time. This VI returns the information you want. Regards, Luca ...

Move Oracle database from old hard disk to new hard disk
anyone know how to move the Oracle database into another larger hard disk? Oracle 9i installed in Red Hat. Pls guide me. Thank you ericlaiys wrote: > anyone know how to move the Oracle database into another larger hard > disk? > Oracle 9i installed in Red Hat. > Pls guide me. > > Thank you > The Administrator's Guide is a wonderful document which I highly recommend that you read. The answer to your question can be found there: http://download-east.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a96521/dfiles.htm#8765 Cheers, Brian -- =================================================================== Brian Peasland dba@nospam.peasland.net http://www.peasland.net Remove the "nospam." from the email address to email me. "I can give it to you cheap, quick, and good. Now pick two out of the three" - Unknown Since almost 90% of the stuff posted should be available on the Oracle Documentation, I guess we can just use this as a standard answer 90% of the time. Anyway, here is a bit more info to recreate another database on another server (different database name, database-creation-time parameters etc) 1. In the original database, issue a command to generate a trace: alter database backup controlfile to trace This will generate a trace file under your udump directory (Hope you don't ask where it is, otherwise, you will get more stern remarks from our fearsome DBAs). 2. Edit the trace to your own taste...

Wanted : Acorn A4 disk drive
Hello. One of my A4s has a dead disk drive (led lights on, head moves, but can't read anything). I find it tedious always using the ZIP to load/unload, so I'm ready to buy a replacement drive. If one of you dear readers has one to sell, please tell me. Even better, if you know how to use a brand new PC one, tell me. I haven't opened my A4 yet, but probably it's a slim size, isn't it ? Cheers, Xavier L. Xavier <xltardy@gmail.com> wrote: > If one of you dear readers has one to sell, please tell me. > > Even better, if you know how to use a brand new PC one, tell me. > > I haven't opened my A4 yet, but probably it's a slim size, isn't it ? It is a slim size, and it uses a flexible connector rather than a ribbon cable. I think it might be a 26 way flex rather than a 34 way. But I think it's a standard laptop PC part if you can find a PC from that long ago. I haven't checked in detail, but at a quick glance this looks the right sort of drive: http://www.citizen.co.uk/pdf/x1de00a.pdf The best 'old' PC to buy is the Triumph Alder Walkstation 386SX, which is the Olivetti machine Acorn based the A4 on. Apart from the motherboard, most of the rest of the parts are the same. (The Walkstation is even more full of circuit boards than the A4). As it happens there's one on eBay at the moment: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200447031608 (3 days to go) Theo On 10 mar, 11:46, Th...

100GB Hard Disk Drive, 7200rpm versus 160GB Hard Disk Drive, 5400rpm
I am customizing a thinkpad. I read some discussion about 5400 rpm vs 7200rpm and cannot make a deciison. If I am getting a laptop that is Intel Core 2 Duo T7500 (2.2GHz 800MHz 4MBL2) with 2GB RAM, and (also gettign Intel Turbo Memory 1GB - this is hrad druve cache), what should I choose between the two below for hard drive that are the same price? 100GB Hard Disk Drive, 7200rpm [$60.00] [Popular upgrade] 38% of customers who purchased a T Series upgraded to this hard drive versus 160GB Hard Disk Drive, 5400rpm [$60.00] In news:1188770331.049935.254200@57g2000hsv.googlegroups.com, amandaf37@gmail.com typed: > I am customizing a thinkpad. I read some discussion about 5400 rpm > vs 7200rpm and cannot make a deciison. > > If I am getting a laptop that is Intel Core 2 Duo T7500 (2.2GHz 800MHz > 4MBL2) with 2GB RAM, and (also gettign Intel Turbo Memory 1GB - this > is hrad druve cache), what should I choose between the two below for > hard drive that are the same price? > > 100GB Hard Disk Drive, 7200rpm [$60.00] [Popular upgrade] > 38% of customers who purchased a T Series upgraded to this hard drive > > versus > > 160GB Hard Disk Drive, 5400rpm [$60.00] Well the 7200rpm 100GB drive will be faster. Since the hard drive is the bottleneck of virtually all computers, this is important for those that really need the speed. -- Bill On Sep 2, 3:24 pm, "BillW50" <Bill...@aol.kom> wrote: > Innews:1188770...

Web resources about - Hard disk for Acorn A3000 - comp.sys.acorn.hardware

Acorn - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Acorns from small to large of the Willow Oak, Quercus phellos (very small, at center); the Southern Red Oak, Quercus falcata ; the White Oak, ...

Acorns - Invest Spare Change in Index Fund Stocks via Bank, Credit & Debit Cards; Finance Retirement ...
Get Acorns - Invest Spare Change in Index Fund Stocks via Bank, Credit & Debit Cards; Finance Retirement Investments or Build Wealth Investing ...

Trading acorns - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Federal Trade Commission Building, Washington, DC Used in mashup by The Consumerist ("Sweepstake Scammers Impersonate FTC" by Ben Popken - November ...

ACORN Prostitution Investigation - James O'Keefe and Hannah Giles - Part 1 - YouTube
Your tax dollars fund ACORN "members" thugs to allegedly develop an underage international prostitution ring. Call your congressmen and senator ...

Acorns turns your spare change into an investment portfolio
... funds on your behalf. I had coffee recently with George Lucas. No, not that George Lucas. My coffee was with the managing director of Acorns ...

ACORN website allows Canberrans to report growing instances of cybercrime
A new website to fight cybercrime is set to save police an enormous amount of time and money.

ACORN website allows Australians to report growing instances of cybercrime
A new website to fight cybercrime is set to save police an enormous amount of time and money.

Cost of internet access for low-income earners needs to be lowered: ACORN
Many Canadians take surfing the net for granted, but not everyone can afford internet.

ACORN Worker Fired After Appearance In Undercover Video - 10News.com KGTV ABC10 San Diego
An ACORN employee who appeared to give human-smuggling advice to a pimp and prostitute in an undercover video made by conservative filmmakers ...

Acorn version 4 brings revamped UI, speed enhancements, non-destructive filters & much more
Flying Meat, the developer behind the popular Photoshop-like image editing app called ‘Acorn’, today has released version 4.0 of the app bringing ...