Misc Acorn/BBC Hardware/Software up for free.

Hi Guys,

  I have been a keen retro computing enthusiast for as long as I can
remember however I have no come to a point where I can no longer store
the stuff I have. I have been slowly but surely giving things away over
the last few year.  I still have quite a few bits which as I uncover
them whilst sorting the loft/garage/cupboards etc, I am starting to list
and wondered if you or people you know might be interested in any of it.

So I guess comes the shameless plug as I am listing it on my 'free to a
good home' site called AnyGoodToYou.com where we have specifically set
up a section for Vintage / classic hardware.

Hope you can help as I really don't want this stuff to end up at the
local WEEE dump.

Cheers
Allan
0
agty.nntp (7)

FS: Misc Acorn (and non-Acorn) hardware
Like Peter Naulls yesterday, I'm trying to get rid of my remaining Risc PC and the related hardware. I've put them on eBay. The Acorn-specific items are: Acorn Risc PC StrongARM 233 MHz + Power-tec SCSI http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202188067 i-cubed EtherLan600 for Acorn Risc PC/A7000 http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202186713 Acorn Risc PC power supply, backplane and screws http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202185817 RISC OS Select http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202184767 STD PS2Mouse for Acorn Risc PC http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202183392 Acorn MEU + Plextor PlexWriter RW 4220 internal SCSI http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202182624 Graphic tablet PaintPal Deluxe http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202181086 The rest is not Acorn-specific but was connected to either a Risc PC or a Iyonix and therefore may be of interest here as well: Mitsumi FA402M 3.5" Floppy and 7in1 Media Drive http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202179719 Sony 3.5" Floppy MPF 920 http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202177159 ELSA MicroLink ISDN 4U Router/Hub http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5777800061 Iomega ZIP 100 Drive external SCSI http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202173954 HP ScanJet 3c SCSI http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...

FS: Misc Acorn hardware
i-cubed EtherLan 600: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101336155 IBM 586 (100 MHz) card: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101337088 RISC OS 3.50: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101348173 RISC OS 4.02: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101349126 Risc PC: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101360766 StrongARM card: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101361862 Texas Instruments 486-SLC (40 MHz): http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101363515 Everything in good, near perfect condition unless stated otherwise. I'm selling from Germany, but I'll deliver to UK as well. Oversea on request. Please get in touch for shipping cost in those cases. -- Stefan Bellon On 10 Jun, I wrote: > StrongARM card: > http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101361862 I announced this offer without RISC OS 3.70 ROMs because I didn't find the ones belonging to the card. In the meantime I have found them. This offer will include the RISC OS 3.70 ROM set. -- Stefan Bellon ...

[News] Hardware Compatibility for Free Software Trivialised with Trend of "Open" Hardware

[News] Free Software Inspires More Free/Libre Hardware

[News] When Software and Hardware Manufacturers Hijack Your Hardware
Whose hardware is it anyway? ,----[ Snippet ] | If I purchase hardware, it is my hardware and is no longer owned by the | manufacturer. If my hardware checks a cryptographic signature on a binary | file to verify its origins, it should be my signature signed with my key | since I am the owner of the hardware. `---- http://www.digital-copyright.ca/node/2567 ...

FA: PC Misc Hardware, Misc Software, Joysticks, Zip Drive and Disks
http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=steelhors e86&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=50 ...

FA: PC Misc Hardware, Misc Software, Joysticks, Zip Drive and Disks #3
http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=steelhorse86 ...

Problems posting to acorn.hardware
Hi, I've posted a few things to acorn.hardware in the last few days but I was surprised to get no follow ups from the normal helpful people who contribute regularly. Checking on google.groups it doesn't look as if any of my posts have got through - I have a local copy whicy presumably gets added by MessengerPro. Is there any problem posting to this group at the moment? -- andrew.mcmullon@tesco.net In article <92d606294d.andy@andrew.mcmullon@tesco.net>, Andy McMullon <andrew.mcmullon@tesco.net> wrote: > Hi, > I've posted a few things to acorn.hardware in the last few days but I > was surprised to get no follow ups from the normal helpful people who > contribute regularly. > Checking on google.groups it doesn't look as if any of my posts have > got through - I have a local copy whicy presumably gets added by > MessengerPro. > Is there any problem posting to this group at the moment? Three items from you since Jan 2nd. (One of those was a repeat of an earlier query about KVM kit) Those items appeared OK. Maybe the people who could answer aren't around at the moment, winter sun holiday perhaps? Gone off to work in one of the countries around the Indian Ocean. Whatever. On 6 Jan 2005 Andy McMullon <andrew.mcmullon@tesco.net> wrote: > I've posted a few things to acorn.hardware in the last few days but I > was surprised to get no follow ups from the normal helpful people who > contribute regul...

FS: All manner of Acorn Hardware
Hi all I'm loosing my room at my parents, which means my collection of Acorn stuff has to go! This includes but is not limited to some of the following; A5000, standard, old college machine A3000, with external hard drive and a 5 1/4" floppy disc (this machine i love, grew up with it but have no where to put it), also has a network card RISC PC 700, another ex college one, works, think i might have put a strong arm and PC card in it. Acorn electron, with tapes and two power supplies Star dot matrix printer for the acorn, includes at least one ink ribbon All kinds of miscellaneous hard ware for a BBC b/master including; CUB monitor, various tape decks and modems, floppy drives Pile of Acorn User magazines (about 30 of) Bigger pile of manuals, probably in the region of 20 manuals and software packs Miscellaneous boxes of software on low density floppies See the following for piccies, this is not everything, and not everything pictured is available http://s297.photobucket.com/albums/mm230/vannystick/ Would prefer for the whole lot to go in one go but don't expect it, and I would like to see token gestures of cash for them. Not able to post at the moment, located on the Wirral but can also be collected from Liverpool with sufficient warning. Needs to go in the next two weeks, so offered here, then eBay, then the tip! I'd have thought ebay would be best as there has not been that much Acorn/RISC OS stuff on there for a while, so prices should be good. Also, if ...

BBC B Hardware
Free to collect - Market Harborough (South Leicestershire). Working(when tried a year ago) BBC B with Solidisk expansions (DFS and Sideways roms). Acorn Teletext adaptor. Some manuals. Lots of discs (5.25") in dfs and adfs formats. 5.25" disc drive but this was not working when last tried - probably just needs some judicious 'easing' of mechanics. Some manuals (altho' currently stored elsewhere so not available until 3rd March) Peter ...

Acorn Electron hardware wanted
Folks Forgive what may be an intrusion but if anyone is prepared to sell any Acorn Electron hardware in particular an (original L-shaped) Acorn Plus 3, please reply to this. Cheers On 20 Jan 2006 as I do recall, JCC wrote: > Folks > > Forgive what may be an intrusion but if anyone is prepared to sell any Acorn > Electron hardware in particular an (original L-shaped) Acorn Plus 3, please > reply to this. > These are the correct groups, but comp.sys.acorn.hardware might be even better... :-) -- Harriet Bazley == Loyaulte me lie == ...

BBC Plus 64K
I have a BBC Plus 64K that I've recently completed rebuilding, and I'd love to play Aviator and Elite on disk. Unfortunately, the versions of these games I have don't run on the B Plus. Can the Plus features be software/hardware switched back to the standard BBC B? I know the later Superior release of Elite was tweaked to play with the later machines, but was Aviator's code ever adapted for the newer Beebs? Thanks Steve On Fri, 21 Mar 2008 12:24:30 +0000, Steve wrote: > I have a BBC Plus 64K that I've recently completed rebuilding, and I'd > love to play Aviator and Elite on disk. Unfortunately, the versions of > these games I have don't run on the B Plus. Can the Plus features be > software/hardware switched back to the standard BBC B? Might just be a shadow screen RAM issue? ISTR having problems years ago trying to run some games on an ACW (which is B+ based) which were fixed by issuing a '*shadow off' before running the game. cheers Jules Jules wrote: > On Fri, 21 Mar 2008 12:24:30 +0000, Steve wrote: > >> I have a BBC Plus 64K that I've recently completed rebuilding, and I'd >> love to play Aviator and Elite on disk. Unfortunately, the versions of >> these games I have don't run on the B Plus. Can the Plus features be >> software/hardware switched back to the standard BBC B? > > Might just be a shadow screen RAM issue? ISTR having problems years >...

DLL errors: The hardware, the hardware, it's ALWAYS the hardware...
As John stated in the DLL Hell thread: "Really? How many of those links are cases of "DLL Hell'? Thats where a program replaces an existing Windows DLL with its version. All these are a bunch of links where a DLL is missing or corrupted. Its a pretty safe bet that 10.3 also will suffer from missing or corrupted files due to disk problems. As evidenced by the frequent need to trash certain programs preference files." This is the age-old "cheap unreliable hardware" argument that John always runs back to when cornered about Windows' shortcomings. Isn't it interesting that whenever Mac advocates bring up Apple's unique ability to integrate high-quality hardware and software, the Winidiots always blast Apple for not selling cheap commodity hardware? Yet whenever Windows has a problem, the Winidiots always seem to blame it on "cheap hardware." Some Winidiot always loudly trumpets the fact that "you can get PC system X down at Fry's for $499," but whenever Windows fucks up, the excuse is "well, what do you expect from a bargain basement PC?" You can't have it both ways, kids. Either cheap hardware is a benefit, or it's a curse. It's been proven that Apple's high end machines (Dual G5s) have a significant price/performance advantage over dual Xeon systems, yet Wintel lovers like to whine about how expensive Macs are. If you combine this with the fact that...

BBC B Hardware
Free to collect - Market Harborough (South Leicestershire). Working(when tried a year ago) BBC B with Solidisk expansions (DFS and Sideways roms). Acorn Teletext adaptor. Some manuals. Lots of discs (5.25") in dfs and adfs formats. 5.25" disc drive but this was not working when last tried - probably just needs some judicious 'easing' of mechanics. Some manuals (altho' currently stored elsewhere so not available until 3rd March) Peter ...

[News] Free Software Inherent in More Hardware

BBC B Hardware
Free to collect - Market Harborough (South Leicestershire). Working(when tried a year ago) BBC B with Solidisk expansions (DFS and Sideways roms). Acorn Teletext adaptor. Some manuals. Lots of discs (5.25") in dfs and adfs formats. 5.25" disc drive but this was not working when last tried - probably just needs some judicious 'easing' of mechanics. Some manuals (altho' currently stored elsewhere so not available until 3rd March) Peter ...

..Scoop!! Pc hardware runs amiga software faster than amiga hardware!!
its true.. heres the proof.. http://www.totalamiga.org/bts.html Who can refute this evidence? On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 17:40:30 +0800, "MrJumbles" <fauxbrick1@hotmail.com> wrote: >its true.. >heres the proof.. >http://www.totalamiga.org/bts.html > >Who can refute this evidence? and yes, amithlon is great Amiga on PC :) > > > "Sam Smith" <sam@potionp.co.uk> wrote in news:bhvmoa$cle$1$8300dec7 @news.demon.co.uk: > What a shame you can't get Amithlon anymore though :( That's not entirely accurate. Amithlon is no longer being *developed*, but H&P will happily sell it to you (even though their legal right to do so has been contested by Amiga Inc). -- Gary Beeton Gary Beeton <gbeeton@shaw.ca> wrote: > 222 340736 <Xns93DD58D1B40D2gbeetonshawca@24.66.94.159> article retrieved - body follows > "Sam Smith" <sam@potionp.co.uk> wrote in news:bhvmoa$cle$1$8300dec7 > @news.demon.co.uk: > > > What a shame you can't get Amithlon anymore though :( > > That's not entirely accurate. Amithlon is no longer being *developed*, > but H&P will happily sell it to you (even though their legal right to > do so has been contested by Amiga Inc). Ethical meter dead again? What about your support for Amiga developers like "Bernd Meyer"? Terry tpalfrey@zool.com (Terry) wrote in news:93629742203@a1a65803.sympatico.bconnected.net: > G...

FREE Amiga & Mac Software/Hardware!
FREE! LOCAL PICKUP ONLY! Located in Fall River, MA; 'local' to Providence, RI & Boston, MA. I have several Amiga cases, software, and manuals up for grabs! Also, some Mac hardware, software, and manuals! Again, ALL IS FREE! Your FREE Guide to Today's Hottest Deals! Updated several times throughout the day and night www.WheresTheDeal.com I'm in New Bedford, and besides being real close amd available most days respond to souliere-l AT juno DOT com "Souser" <souser@aol.com> wrote in message news:20040406013918.03590.00000798@mb-m01.aol.com... > FREE! LOCAL PICKUP ONLY! Located in Fall River, MA; 'local' to Providence, RI & > Boston, MA. > > I have several Amiga cases, software, and manuals up for grabs! > > Also, some Mac hardware, software, and manuals! > > Again, ALL IS FREE! > > > Your FREE Guide to Today's Hottest Deals! > Updated several times throughout the day and > night > www.WheresTheDeal.com > > ...

[News] Hardware Companies Push Free Software

[News] Free Software+Hardware Replicate Objects

Free to good home: Various software/hardware
House move finally forces clearout! * TEAC CD-532S internal CD drive * Iomega Zip 100 * Philips CDD 3600 CD writer The above are all SCSI drives. Zip and CD writer drives housed together in external Castle unit. No cables or interface. * Mustek ScanExpress 6000P parallel port scanner (no parallel cable) with Castle Twain driver and David Pilling ImageMaster floppies. In original box. * Basic WIMP Programming on the Acorn floppy * LanMan98 floppy * CD-Burn floppy * WebsterXL floppy * Acorn IDE-CD Utilies Disc v1.06 floppy * Fourth Dimension Cyber Chess floppy and manual * Lemmings 2: the T...

FS & Free: Manuals, Software, Hardware
I have to clean up a little to make space. So, I will be posting & updating things as I find them. Mostly manuals only. Some software. Hardware will come also. Any questions, just ask. I will do my best to answer them. ALL Manuals are FREE for the taking. Just pay postage. All Shipping from San Francisco, CA - USA. Shipping to anywhere. Software: (Make Offer) Beach-Head (Disk only. No Manual or Box) LoadStar #57 (In clamshell plastic) LoadStar #61 (In clamshell plastic) Paperback Writer 128 (Manual, plastic case, disk) Swift Music (Disk & box) Swift Paint ( Disk & box) Better W...

[News] Sun Hardware Reborn with Free Software

[News] Free Software Revolution Reaches Hardware

Web resources about - Misc Acorn/BBC Hardware/Software up for free. - comp.sys.acorn.hardware

Graphics hardware - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
integrated and dedicated. An integrated graphics card, usually by Intel for use in their computers, is bound to the motherboard and shares RAM ...

Bunnings could be set to face a new force in hardware
... Dick Smith into a $520 million sharemarket sensation is hatching a plan to bring together Australia's two biggest, independent hardware chains ...

Bunnings could be set to face a new force in hardware
... Smith into a $520 million sharemarket sensation is hatching a plan to bring together Australia's two biggest, independent hardware chains to ...

Building a (sub-$1000) Hackintosh that meets the Oculus Rift hardware requirements – Part II
In part I of our Hackintosh tutorial , we discussed our choice of hardware and the reasons behind those decisions. The main goal was to create ...

Ace Hardware Debuts First Work from O'Keefe Reinhard & Paul
The new campaign features its friendly, stick-in-your-head jingle "Ace is the place with the helpful hardware folks," and includes real Ace store ...

DARPA to host killer “Improv” performances with hacked hardware
... Defense Science Office is preparing for an alternative sort of "improv" performance. DARPA is inviting researchers, developers, and hardware-hacking ...

Xbox One hardware upgrades could extend the life of Microsoft’s console
For decades, the video game console has been a transient purchase. From the moment you set up an Atari or an NES or a PlayStation in your living ...

Google joins Facebook's game-changing project that's eating the $140 billion hardware market
If the hardware industry was nervous about Facebook's game-changing Open Compute Project before, it should now be downright terrified now: Google ...

How to use Apple Diagnostics to identify Mac hardware problems
... are usually pretty reliable, but when they do go wrong the Apple Diagnostics tool should help you figure out if you have a software or a hardware ...

Hyrule Warriors Legends is a grim warning against revised hardware
When Microsoft first announced that it was considering modular revisions for Xbox One hardware, I was actually somewhat on board with the idea. ...