Omega and riscstation R7500+ (not working) to re-home / spares etc

Hi Folks,

I have the two above computers taking space in my study at home. I had
intended to get them into a usable state for the kids to learn simple
computing. Unfortunately neither of them will boot. They were both
effective computers in their time. The Omega had a drive failure so
sat in its box until I was ready to replace the drive and try to get
it going. However, it didn't get as far as the new drive when I
eventually got round to it. The Omega gets to the multicoloured
"test-card" screen and then stops. I seem to recall it did this before
when I first had it and I can't remember what happened to make it
start working again.

The R7500 has been in regular use by my son - !Paint and a demo of
!Botkiller 2, until all of a sudden it failed to start one day. It
gets to a black screen with a green border and then stops.

If anyone has an interest in reviving either of these machines, or any
suggestions for a repair or use for the components (floppy drives,
Atapi CD rom / CDRWs, or even the ATA33 cables etc) please let me
know. I don't want any money for them, but neither do I really want to
spend a lot on them myself.

I'm in North Wales, not far from the A55, if that helps.

Otherwise, they might end up in the local recycling centres /
landfill.

I'm now bouncing back and forth between VirtualAcorn and a Raspberry
pi for my riscos needs.

Many thanks and best wishes

--
Phil
0

I'd be very interested in giving these a good home if they haven't already been spoken for.
0
maryjudith
10/18/2016 8:07:49 PM
In message <299d1220-b284-4e19-9d3c-ee08c597c980@googlegroups.com>
          maryjudith.taylor@googlemail.com wrote:

> I'd be very interested in giving these a good home if they haven't
> already been spoken for.

Really? Which part of the country are you in? Interested to know
whether you think you can fix these...

regards
--
Phil
0
On Tuesday, 18 October 2016 23:47:10 UTC+1, philip.m...@yahoo.com  wrote:
> Really? Which part of the country are you in? Interested to know=20
> whether you think you can fix these...
>=20
> regards
> --=20
> Phil

I'm in South Wales. Not sure whether I can fix them or not but I've read th=
at replacing all the caps is a good place to start. However, I have a large=
 collection of Acorn/RISC OS machines (Atom - Iyonix) and although I've rep=
aired and restored many of them, even if I can't get these to work, I'd giv=
e them a good home and save them from landfill.

If you'd rather they went to someone else, that's fine.

Best wishes,

Rob

0
maryjudith
10/19/2016 9:42:12 AM
In message <a75a7ea8-06bb-4f95-b7d9-f630e7e1df5d@googlegroups.com>
          maryjudith.taylor@googlemail.com wrote:

> On Tuesday, 18 October 2016 23:47:10 UTC+1, philip.m...@yahoo.com  wrote:
>> Really? Which part of the country are you in? Interested to know
>> whether you think you can fix these...
>>
>> regards
>> --
>> Phil
>
> I'm in South Wales. Not sure whether I can fix them or not but I've
> read that replacing all the caps is a good place to start. However, I
> have a large collection of Acorn/RISC OS machines (Atom - Iyonix) and
> although I've repaired and restored many of them, even if I can't get
> these to work, I'd give them a good home and save them from landfill.
>
> If you'd rather they went to someone else, that's fine.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Rob

Not at all. More than happy for you to have them. Probably best to
sort out the details over direct email. Is this the best email address
to use?

regards

--
Phil
0
On Wednesday, 19 October 2016 12:36:39 UTC+1, philip.m...@yahoo.com  wrote:
> Not at all. More than happy for you to have them. Probably best to
> sort out the details over direct email. Is this the best email address
> to use?
Yes - please use this address to contact me and I'll get back to you.

Many thanks,

Rob

0
maryjudith