Printer

I'm heartily sick of the running costs of my Cannon i865 - every time I
want to use it, and that's not much, it needs new cartridges. Which cost a
fortune. I could get Michelangelo to draw things for me for less.

So am I right in saying a laser will be much cheaper for occasional use -
no head cleaning to waste ink?

If so, which one? Mono is fine. Using an RPC with 4.39. And a Unipod for
USB - if needed.  And would I be better using a driver prog that shares it
with my PC? Details would be nice.

--
*Why is 'abbreviation' such a long word?

                  To e-mail, change noise into sound.
0
dave137 (3026)

In article <4fee2484cddave@davenoise.co.uk>,
   Dave Plowman (News) <dave@davenoise.co.uk> wrote:
> I'm heartily sick of the running costs of my Cannon i865 - every time I
> want to use it, and that's not much, it needs new cartridges. Which cost
> a fortune. I could get Michelangelo to draw things for me for less.

> So am I right in saying a laser will be much cheaper for occasional use
> - no head cleaning to waste ink?

> If so, which one? Mono is fine. Using an RPC with 4.39. And a Unipod for
> USB - if needed.  And would I be better using a driver prog that shares
> it with my PC? Details would be nice.

I have used Canon printers for a long time and found them quite
economical, though I never had an i865. The print head looks much like the
one of my IP 4000 though.

Canon ink tanks are very easily refilled. Indeed I bought replacement inks
in the USA, 10 cartridges of each of the five colours - 50 in all - for
under 50UKP.

Refilling with ink is even cheaper.

One tip. You should not turn the printer off at the mains. If you do that
it will do a deep clean every time you turn it on, which wastes a lot of
ink.

Jochen

--

 ------------------------------------
 Limavady and the Roe Valley
"Dave Plowman (News)" <dave@davenoise.co.uk> wrote:
> If so, which one? Mono is fine. Using an RPC with 4.39. And a Unipod for
> USB - if needed.  And would I be better using a driver prog that shares it
> with my PC? Details would be nice.

If you just want mono I'd be tempted to look around locally for an old
office laser.  I have an HP Laserjet 4 which came from an office clearout.
It's built like a tank.  Running costs are minimal - toner cart with drum
cost a tenner from eBay (including postage) and they're quite common still.
It has parallel and RS232: I picked up a network card for it at a car boot
for a quid so now it's networked.  Uses the RISC OS Laserjet 4 driver,
funnily enough.

Some old printers have well-known faults: this one had the bad rollers
problem.  18 quid for a new roller kit and a little while to fit it.

In its past life it printed 100,000 sheets - I think it'll be quite happy to
print 100,000 more.

Downsides: is it is neither small nor light, so not something if you're
tight on space.  It takes a fair bit of power (rated 20W idle, 500W peak).
And it isn't the quickest printer in the world (for some reason ethernet is
slightly slower than parallel).

Theo
0
news539 (2440)
10/14/2008 1:41:39 PM
In article <4fee2484cddave@davenoise.co.uk>,
   Dave Plowman (News) <dave@davenoise.co.uk> wrote:
> If so, which one? Mono is fine. Using an RPC with 4.39. And a Unipod for
> USB - if needed.  And would I be better using a driver prog that shares it
> with my PC? Details would be nice.

Helping Chris Evans out with some stuff after the Christmas show, I moved
a laser printer which he had had on sale and was quite tempted but by then
we were all to busy.

His website lists a number of re-furbished printers,  as well as new, at
various prices so it might be worth having a word with Chris.

If you are lucky you may find find one with dual ports. My canon inkjet
has both parallel and USB so the RPC feeds the parallel port and the PC is
connected to the USB port - works a treat, no additional software or
hardware required.

The HP 4P I was given a few days ago seems to have serial and parallel and
I know you can get USB-Serial converters.

--
Stuart Winsor

See: http://www.barndance.org.uk
0
Spambin (1454)
10/14/2008 2:13:35 PM
In article <4fee2b7406Spambin@argonet.co.uk>,
   Stuart <Spambin@argonet.co.uk> wrote:
> In article <4fee2484cddave@davenoise.co.uk>,
>    Dave Plowman (News) <dave@davenoise.co.uk> wrote:
> > If so, which one? Mono is fine. Using an RPC with 4.39. And a Unipod
> > for USB - if needed.  And would I be better using a driver prog that
> > shares it with my PC? Details would be nice.

> Helping Chris Evans out with some stuff after the Christmas show, I
> moved a laser printer which he had had on sale and was quite tempted but
> by then we were all to busy.

> His website lists a number of re-furbished printers,  as well as new, at
> various prices so it might be worth having a word with Chris.

Right - I will.

> If you are lucky you may find find one with dual ports. My canon inkjet
> has both parallel and USB so the RPC feeds the parallel port and the PC
> is connected to the USB port - works a treat, no additional software or
> hardware required.

Yes - that's how I use the i865. But was making provision in case I could
only get a USB one. Not had much success with some USB stuff with unipod.

> The HP 4P I was given a few days ago seems to have serial and parallel
> and I know you can get USB-Serial converters.

Right.

--
*I'm pretty sure that sex is better than logic, but I can't prove it.

                  To e-mail, change noise into sound.
0
dave137 (3026)
10/14/2008 4:00:09 PM
In article <lFz*KHsps@news.chiark.greenend.org.uk>,
   Theo Markettos <theom+news@chiark.greenend.org.uk> wrote:
> "Dave Plowman (News)" <dave@davenoise.co.uk> wrote:
> > If so, which one? Mono is fine. Using an RPC with 4.39. And a
> > Unipod for USB - if needed.  And would I be better using a driver
> > prog that shares it with my PC? Details would be nice.

> If you just want mono I'd be tempted to look around locally for an
> old office laser.  I have an HP Laserjet 4 which came from an
> office clearout. It's built like a tank.  Running costs are minimal
> - toner cart with drum cost a tenner from eBay (including postage)
> and they're quite common still. It has parallel and RS232: I
> picked up a network card for it at a car boot for a quid so now
> it's networked.  Uses the RISC OS Laserjet 4 driver, funnily enough.

> Some old printers have well-known faults: this one had the bad
> rollers problem.  18 quid for a new roller kit and a little while
> to fit it.

And the HP LJ5 was extremely robust - the roller issue was dealt with
somehow by inserting new separation pads or something like that, I
seem to remember.

Modern laser printers sometimes have a chip to monitor usage but the
older ones, unchipped, can be refilled. The cost of a tool to make a
hole big enough to insert the toner (essentially a soldering iron with
circular gubbins at its point to melt a 1-inch hole) together with
toner pack sufficient to fill it twice costs less than a new
cartridge; available from www.proprint.co.uk and the owner is
extremely helpful.

Certainly laser printers are economical in my experience.

Michael Hardig

--
Rev. Preb. M. D. Harding   mdharding@ormail.co.uk
0
          Michael Harding <mdharding@ormail.co.uk> wrote:

> In article <lFz*KHsps@news.chiark.greenend.org.uk>,
>    Theo Markettos <theom+news@chiark.greenend.org.uk> wrote:
>> "Dave Plowman (News)" <dave@davenoise.co.uk> wrote:
>>> If so, which one? Mono is fine. Using an RPC with 4.39. And a
>>> Unipod for USB - if needed.  And would I be better using a driver
>>> prog that shares it with my PC? Details would be nice.

>> If you just want mono I'd be tempted to look around locally for an
>> old office laser.  I have an HP Laserjet 4 which came from an
>> office clearout. It's built like a tank.  Running costs are minimal
>> - toner cart with drum cost a tenner from eBay (including postage)
>> and they're quite common still. It has parallel and RS232: I
>> picked up a network card for it at a car boot for a quid so now
>> it's networked.  Uses the RISC OS Laserjet 4 driver, funnily enough.

>> Some old printers have well-known faults: this one had the bad
>> rollers problem.  18 quid for a new roller kit and a little while
>> to fit it.

> And the HP LJ5 was extremely robust - the roller issue was dealt with
> somehow by inserting new separation pads or something like that, I
> seem to remember.

I am using a Laserjet 5M bought refurbished from CJE. It's a big,
heavy, robust beast. Toners are available for a third of the Staples
price from the internet. I usually get mine, along with the colour
ones for the other laser, from helpdeskit.biz - fast efficient service
and great prices.

The other laser is an HP colour multifunction, CM1017MFP. The photo
quality is good, even on plain paper, but it costs about double the 5M
to run when printing black, more for colour. It's still a lot less
than an inkjet though.

Significantly it refuses to print when it thinks the cartridges are
empty. There is a menu option to allow it to print after the warning.
You can't set this setting from the web interface, you have to use the
buttins. All the 1600 family have this option. (1600, 2600, 2605,
1015, 1017).
Allowing override gets 10% to 20% more from the toners.

Both of these print well from RISC OS, using PostScript drivers, and
NetPrint from R-Comp.

--
Alan Adams, from Northamptonshire
alan@adamshome.org.uk
   Dave Plowman (News) <dave@davenoise.co.uk> wrote:
> In article <4fee2b7406Spambin@argonet.co.uk>,
>    Stuart <Spambin@argonet.co.uk> wrote:
> > In article <4fee2484cddave@davenoise.co.uk>,
> >    Dave Plowman (News) <dave@davenoise.co.uk> wrote:
> > > If so, which one? Mono is fine. Using an RPC with 4.39. And a Unipod
> > > for USB - if needed.  And would I be better using a driver prog that
> > > shares it with my PC? Details would be nice.

> > Helping Chris Evans out with some stuff after the Christmas show, I
> > moved a laser printer which he had had on sale and was quite tempted but
> > by then we were all to busy.

> > His website lists a number of re-furbished printers,  as well as new, at
> > various prices so it might be worth having a word with Chris.

> Right - I will.

> > If you are lucky you may find find one with dual ports. My canon inkjet
> > has both parallel and USB so the RPC feeds the parallel port and the PC
> > is connected to the USB port - works a treat, no additional software or
> > hardware required.

> Yes - that's how I use the i865. But was making provision in case I could
> only get a USB one. Not had much success with some USB stuff with unipod.

According to Brian - he's well up with all this - the
UniPod's USB should not be a problem when installing
a new (usb) printer with !Printers.  He gave simple
instructions in this group a few weeks ago ..but read
on.. :))

> > The HP 4P I was given a few days ago seems to have serial and parallel
> > and I know you can get USB-Serial converters.

> Right.

Maplin, if any are interested, also does a usb to parallel
conversion cable at 24.99gbp.  (Son2, who's just taken
over my 14yr old HP LaserJet 5L, says it works a treat with
his usb only outlet Apple).

The HP LaserJet III, like it's junior but equally reliable
cousins the 5L/6L, has parallel and serial ports.  The
HP III I think was current around 1988-1990, but is still
being sold today as a very cheap 'new' and warranted device,
built from stocks of original parts.  As said it was (and
remains) a reliable workhorse.

However...

It is possible to pick up an HP Color LaserJet at a quite
reasonable price ..HP's CP1515n is one such at starting at
145.99gbp from Misco.co.uk (next day delivery if ordered
before 17h00). Yes!  That's 145.99gbp and not the 1445.99gbp
that might have been asked for a couple or three years ago!

HP's CP2025n, CP2025dn, and CP2025x start at a higher price,
roughly double at around 300.00gbp to 450.00gbp+, but with
greater capacity OEM toners, which does diminish the cost
per sheet somewhat - even when including the greater purchase
price as part of the equation.  The HP CP2025 starts
at around 300.00gbp, rising to 425.00gp or so for one with
fully operative ports.

For general use, it is possible that HP's 3035n, 3035dn or
3035x is also well worth condsidering if one can afford them
as the initial purchase price includes, OEM, /full/ 6000
sheet capacity toners.  Cuts the overall cost per sheet
(inc printer purchase price), down quite considerably.

I did supply a lttle of the relevant info, as well as a
run-down of HP's CP1515n and my learning curve with Chika
and Brian's help in installing it a few weeks ago to this
very group.  The thread,

"Printing: RiscPC to HP Colour LaserJet"

should be available somewhere.

The designation n, dn and x at the end of HP's identifying
marks denotes respectively, 'N'etwork, full (automatic)
'D'uplex printing and 'x', (serial/parallel ports?).

(The CP1515n entry model,btw, is described as a 'manual'
duplex printer ..ie it will do it, I think, but with the
oversight of the User to shift it's paper about)!

The network 'n' option was surprisingly easy - albeit in
the end(!) - to achieve with the help of Stefan Bellon's
'JetDirect' and Net printing modules and free software -
setting up via any of the !Printers with the Postscript 2
driver available for RISC OS.

The RiscPC even drives the CP1515n (although in b/w only),
from it's PC Card using a 15yr old HP LaserJet 5L driver
PC driver and on out through the !Printers network.  Again,
details have already been supplied in the thread within
this group as mentioned above.

Connecting to the network?  A simple matter of connecting
one end of a 12.99gbp Cat6 10m twisted cable from Maplin
into an already up and running 4 port router, (used for DSL
connection to Orpheus) - with the other end to the new HP
CP1515n and, Presto!.. even the RiscPC's on-screen colours
are reproduced just about perfectly!

Stefan Bellon's network printing additions for !Printers,
together with his 'JetDirect' module ..(also a proprietary
HP module pretty well included with all new HP Lasers), is
easily reachable and available from around our RISC OS
network.

As I understand it, there should be no problem connecting
to at least UniPod's USB ports - Brian has already outlined
the equally simple method of connecting the usb port.

However, for my purposes and as I already had a four port
router connected and had no desktop or floor space for an
18kg printer, the 10/100/1000 network facility of the UniPod
means a /very/ high speed and reliable transfer under
!Printers Postcript2 driver to a point some 10m away,
with the cable tucked invisibly around the walls.

I understand that the Cat6 cable can even be extended up
to 100 metres without any detriment - but not needed as I
have no intention of installing the beast in the middle
of my neighbour's barbecue!  By comparison, a USB connection,
evenwith a 'powered' ten metre extension, may already be
slowing down at that distance.

The PostScript2 driver, by the way, also sit's quite happily
within !Printers alongside the on-board and PC Card driver
for the HP 5L, the driver for David Pilling's ArcFax and the
!Printer Manager's latest in !PDF driver/manager.  I've also
installed Ian Hamilton's 'Print Spooler' which adds to the
overall usefulness of the !Printer Manager setup.

Incidentally, HP recommends that with the USB connection
the software (CD PC only!), is installed prior to the
setting up of HP's LaserJets - there is no such recommendation
with the network drivers.  HP suggests that merely connecting
the cable and switching the machine on will suffice.  For me
the network connection did exactly as stated on the tin!

You merely need to try any and all of the above to see just
how easy it can all be ..but /don't/ confuse a '0' with
an uppercase 'O'!  I did ..and it took Chika a verrry looong
time, (sweating with tea and over the 'phone), to work out
what it was that I had managed to 'do' wrong!  Once realised,
btw, the printer was up and running in seconds!  ;'))

Now, after a few weeks running..?  HP's CP1515n seems to
be, (at least momentarily!), as reliable as HP's LaserJets
have always been - they are almost the industry standard.

Done again ..which I might do anyway when it comes time to
replace the toner cartridges.. I might well have opted for
the apparently more expensive CP2025dn, or HP's slightly
larger CP3035dn as the cost per sheet of these latter
printers, (including believe it or not the purchase cost of
the printer), works out somewhat more cheaply than the CP1515n
with it's initial purchase cost from Misco of 145.99gbp.
Depends on available dosh ..and just how much printing one
actually intends to do.

Just to add here a note about HP's on board chipped cartridges
with their counters and what not.  HP have recently been
taken to (legal) task over this method of 'ensuring loyalty'!

The net result is that although the black (k) cartridge
has an onboard counter - and apparently a strain gauge
'weighing' the remaining mass of toner - it can be simply
overridden from either the software or directly from the
printer's own input panel - thus there should be no
occasion when it's not possible to use every last little
drop of toner.  It also should mean that 'after market'
cartridges from the likes of Cartridge World are also
still useable.

The colour cartridges, so I'm informed by HP, although having
counters will nevertheless now just keep on printing until
they are completely exhausted.  I've not been able to test
this as yet - I still have 83 percent toner remaining in each
of the three initially 750 page (Y, M, C) colour cartridges -
with about 60pc remaining in the black (K) introductory
cartridge.  Interestingly, as the black is being used,
(the black cartridge being the main 'counter' used for
calculations), the overall page count seems to be increasing!
After 450 pages I've still got 60pc/83pc toner remaining
with a suggested remaining sheet of  greater than 600+ ..out
of a start figure of 750 introductory page-outs!

Of course it is also possible, via the network, for the
printer to be setup to email it's details directly to
Hewlett Packard - including requesting new toner for
itself! - which HP will happily courier to it via next day
post. ;')))

Other thoughts:  yes ..it is certainly probably that with
only occasional printing, the lasers have an advantage over
the inkjets in that in a stable temperature environment the
cartridges last almost indefinitely ..whereas inkjet heads
can dry up - and cost a lot of ink in cleaning themselves.

The cost per page between inkjet and laser may also be a
lot cheaper with lasers - and with a more stable fused
non-fadeable printout.  This has always been my experience,
having used both sorts of printer - and including the
half-way house of solid ink printers as well.

However, the inkjets do seem to score if one wants a fully
photo-real printout.  Perhaps, if one is into pinning piccies
up on the fridge in the kitchen, then a simple inkjet just
for that purpose is easily added, with a laser for reliable
general printing as and when required.  Personally these
days I tend to keep piccies on machines, on dvds, in
memory sticks or on 'phones!  Transfer via mobile phone
and email or web does not seem to be a problem any longer.
Photo albums seem to be almost a thing of the past!

I'm sure I've missed loads ..but continuing on might bore
you all, so hope what I've added sort of helps.. :))

Bill ZFC

--
Adoption  InterLink  UK with  -=-         http://www.billsimpson.com/
Domain Host Orpheus Internet  -=-  http://www.orpheusinternet.co.uk/
> If you just want mono I'd be tempted to look around locally for an old
> office laser.  I have an HP Laserjet 4 which came from an office clearout.
> It's built like a tank.  Running costs are minimal - toner cart with drum
> cost a tenner from eBay (including postage) and they're quite common still.
> It has parallel and RS232: I picked up a network card for it at a car boot
> for a quid so now it's networked.  Uses the RISC OS Laserjet 4 driver,
> funnily enough.

I can't agree more with Theo.  The second hand HP is a very good
thing.  I picked up a HP4050N with duplexer for about AUD$25.  Its
quick, networked and 100% riscos friendly.

I found a HP 6MP in the back alley near work, so my dad is keeping
that for the fateful day when the LaserDirect turns up its toes.

I had a bit less luck with a AUD$90 Tektronix Phaser 850.
'crayon' (thermal wax) printer.  Even buying its consumables on eBay
causes it to cost about $20 just to turn on.  It seems to chew about
5mm off each wax block in head cleaning and self test.  Mind you the
quality of the print out on plain ordinary uncoated copier paper is
second to none.

The later models are supposed to be better and would be worth looking
at if you can find them cheep at IT auctions and the like.  The output
doesn't stand up against a modern inkjet on glossy paper, but they do
have some advantages, the output doesn't smudge if it get a bit wet
like inkjet does.  They are also quite quick.  Monstrous though.

Alan

0
ajw (129)
10/15/2008 7:54:17 AM
In article
<34d48247-2971-41bd-b4ea-9b1dbc6175a6@1g2000prd.googlegroups.com>,
   Alan Williams <ajw@genesis.net.au> wrote:

> I had a bit less luck with a AUD$90 Tektronix Phaser 850. 'crayon'
> (thermal wax) printer.  Even buying its consumables on eBay causes it to
> cost about $20 just to turn on.  It seems to chew about 5mm off each wax
> block in head cleaning and self test.  Mind you the quality of the print
> out on plain ordinary uncoated copier paper is second to none.

The thing about Phaser printers (I've got the Xerox 8550) is that you have
to leave them on *all the time*. I never turn mine off, and I actually find
that it's about the cheapest printer I've ever had to run. It has no waste,
as the inks go into like a coal hopper, so it uses them all up, and you can
top it up, just by putting another couple of ink blocks in the hopper. Once
a year or so, you can empty the waste container, which is just old bits of
solid ink.

The Xerox ones really are very clean, environmentally friendly and cheap to
run. And what's more you can get a Colour Phaser for as little as �100
these days (I just got a spam flyer through the post from Printware)

--
Life, the Universe, RISC OS Help and Everything - www.vigay.com
Share and discuss ideas or chat about the above - www.vigay.com/forum
In article <34d48247-2971-41bd-b4ea-9b1dbc6175a6@1g2000prd.googlegroups.com>,
   Alan Williams <ajw@genesis.net.au> wrote:
> > If you just want mono I'd be tempted to look around
> > locally for an old
> > office laser.  I have an HP Laserjet 4 which came
> > from an office clearout.
> > It's built like a tank.  Running costs are minimal
> > - toner cart with drum cost a tenner from eBay
> > (including postage) and they're quite common still.
> > It has parallel and RS232: I picked up a network card
> > for it at a car boot
> > for a quid so now it's networked.
> > Uses the RISC OS Laserjet 4 driver,
> > funnily enough.

> I can't agree more with Theo.  The second hand HP is a very good
> thing.  I picked up a HP4050N with duplexer for about AUD$25.  Its
> quick, networked and 100% riscos friendly.

Hi Alan.. :)) I think your comment seem to have
attached itself to one of mine rather than Theo
- I guess the ng headers might have been misidentified
somewhere..

...but not to worry, because I too would agree with
you and also endorse Theo's comments.  :))

In discussing experiences with the latest batch of
more personally orientated HP LaserJets as cheaply
available today from HP and respectable box shifters,
I have also mentioned that HP's LaserJet IIIs, although
only current for a couple of years in the late 80s or
at the start of the 1990's are still being produced
as brand new printers from stocks of spare parts.

They also come fully warranted.  Quite a feather in
the cap for the original from HP, I think!

They are slightly large, rather slow, beasts however,
but as Theo and you say, can provide exceptionally
useful and cheap laser-printing-on-a-budget.

> I found a HP 6MP in the back alley near work, so my dad is keeping
> that for the fateful day when the LaserDirect turns up its toes.

Good idea! :))

> I had a bit less luck with a AUD$90 Tektronix Phaser 850.
> 'crayon' (thermal wax) printer.  Even buying its consumables on eBay
> causes it to cost about $20 just to turn on.  It seems to chew about
> 5mm off each wax block in head cleaning and self test.  Mind you the
> quality of the print out on plain ordinary uncoated copier paper is
> second to none.

> The later models are supposed to be better and would be worth looking
> at if you can find them cheep at IT auctions and the like.  The output
> doesn't stand up against a modern inkjet on glossy paper, but they do
> have some advantages, the output doesn't smudge if it get a bit wet
> like inkjet does.  They are also quite quick.  Monstrous though.

Yes, indeed.. :))

I think another advantage of a laser as opposed to a
pure inkjet and directly relevant to Dave's question
as the OP, might come when one is only printing a few
sheets a week - assuming the per sheet cost is taken
into the equation over the life of the cartridge/printer.

Laser toner in an equitable environment is stable,
will print immediately without additional ink-intensive
cleaning and discharging routines and doesn't have jet
heads that can dry up, or block.

Lasers are not so good though at printing photographs,
where inkjets seem to reign supreme - if expensively.

Similarly endowed laser printers can cost many thousands
of gbp or aud; almost into the provence of professional
off-set printers and what-not..

Just a thought.. :))

Bill ZFC

--
Adoption  InterLink  UK with  -=-         http://www.billsimpson.com/
Domain Host Orpheus Internet  -=-  http://www.orpheusinternet.co.uk/
0
adopt (317)
10/15/2008 9:00:50 AM
In message <4fee2484cddave@davenoise.co.uk>
     "Dave Plowman (News)" <dave@davenoise.co.uk> wrote:

> I'm heartily sick of the running costs of my Cannon i865 - every time I
> want to use it, and that's not much, it needs new cartridges. Which cost a
> fortune. I could get Michelangelo to draw things for me for less.

> So am I right in saying a laser will be much cheaper for occasional use -
> no head cleaning to waste ink?

> If so, which one? Mono is fine. Using an RPC with 4.39. And a Unipod for
> USB - if needed.  And would I be better using a driver prog that shares it
> with my PC? Details would be nice.

Just to add my two-pennoth :

I've been using a Brother HL-1250 (parallel) with my RiscPC, then
Iyonix - and, of course, the ubiquitous PC. Mono-laser and pretty
cheap to run. SWMBO has a Brother HL-5130 but that's PC only and I use
Uniprint (from R-Comp) to dump the RISC OS printouts straight to the
PC (via our network) and to its printer.

Brother seems to produce pretty sturdy printers at a reasonable price.

Regards,

Jonathan.

--
Internet access with Iyonix and RISC OS 5 :  <J.C. Conner>

Bishops move diagonally. That's why they often turn up where the kings
don't expect them to be. -- (Terry Pratchett, Small Gods)
0
jcc (37)
10/15/2008 9:53:54 AM
In article <4fee92a81cadopt@billsimpson.com>,
   Bill (Adopt) <adopt@billsimpson.com> wrote:
> I think another advantage of a laser as opposed to a
> pure inkjet and directly relevant to Dave's question
> as the OP, might come when one is only printing a few
> sheets a week - assuming the per sheet cost is taken
> into the equation over the life of the cartridge/printer.

I might print a load of stuff one week then nothing for a month.
In general, it's single sheet stuff once in a while. Maybe only an address
label. ;-) (anyone who's seen my writing would know why)

> Laser toner in an equitable environment is stable,
> will print immediately without additional ink-intensive
> cleaning and discharging routines and doesn't have jet
> heads that can dry up, or block.

> Lasers are not so good though at printing photographs,
> where inkjets seem to reign supreme - if expensively.

I print pics so infrequently I'd be happy paying for them from a shop.

--
*The statement below is true.

                  To e-mail, change noise into sound.
0
dave137 (3026)
10/15/2008 9:54:33 AM
In article <4fee8a67f5adopt@billsimpson.com>,
   Bill (Adopt) <adopt@billsimpson.com> wrote:

[ . . . ]

> For general use, it is possible that HP's 3035n, 3035dn or
> 3035x is also well worth condsidering if one can afford them
> as the initial purchase price includes, OEM, /full/ 6000
> sheet capacity toners.  Cuts the overall cost per sheet
> (inc printer purchase price), down quite considerably.

That reminds me - beware that /new/ printers often (usually?) come
with a cartridge which contains only about half the normal amount of
toner. So the printer may cost little, but it costs you a lot to
replace the initial catridge after a short time.

You've written a useful article, Bill. Thanks.

Michael Harding

--
Rev. Preb. M. D. Harding   mdharding@ormail.co.uk
0
mdharding (385)
10/15/2008 10:50:47 AM
In article <c98397ee4f.JCCArc@arcady.plus.com>,
   J C Conner <jcc@connectfree.co.uk> wrote:
> Just to add my two-pennoth :

> I've been using a Brother HL-1250 (parallel) with my RiscPC, then
> Iyonix - and, of course, the ubiquitous PC. Mono-laser and pretty
> cheap to run. SWMBO has a Brother HL-5130 but that's PC only and I use
> Uniprint (from R-Comp) to dump the RISC OS printouts straight to the
> PC (via our network) and to its printer.

> Brother seems to produce pretty sturdy printers at a reasonable price.

Just to add to that; I have a Brother HL-5140 with the above setup of
Uniprint. I find it very reliable and it has a sleep mode when not being
used so I tend to leave it on continuously. It is that quiet that I forget
it is on sometimes.

Michael

0
chappell (302)
10/15/2008 11:28:17 AM

> In message <4fee2484cddave@davenoise.co.uk>
>      "Dave Plowman (News)" <dave@davenoise.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> I'm heartily sick of the running costs of my Cannon i865 - every time I
>> want to use it, and that's not much, it needs new cartridges. Which cost a
>> fortune. I could get Michelangelo to draw things for me for less.
>
>> So am I right in saying a laser will be much cheaper for occasional use -
>> no head cleaning to waste ink?
>
>> If so, which one? Mono is fine. Using an RPC with 4.39. And a Unipod for
>> USB - if needed.  And would I be better using a driver prog that shares it
>> with my PC? Details would be nice.

We have a Kyocera Mita FS1010 laser. Used by the RPC and PC. now 6
years old and hasn't missed a beat.

mail7935 (573)
10/16/2008 9:28:23 AM
In article <4fee9cb8fcmdharding@ormail.co.uk>,
   Michael Harding <mdharding@ormail.co.uk> wrote:
> In article <4fee8a67f5adopt@billsimpson.com>,
>    Bill (Adopt) <adopt@billsimpson.com> wrote:

> [ . . . ]

> > For general use, it is possible that HP's 3035n, 3035dn or
> > 3035x is also well worth condsidering if one can afford them
> > as the initial purchase price includes, OEM, /full/ 6000
> > sheet capacity toners.  Cuts the overall cost per sheet
> > (inc printer purchase price), down quite considerably.

> That reminds me - beware that /new/ printers often (usually?) come
> with a cartridge which contains only about half the normal amount of
> toner. So the printer may cost little, but it costs you a lot to
> replace the initial catridge after a short time.

     I have a Brother HL2700-CN plus 256Mbyte extra memory - connected via
Ethernet and run with Postscript drivers; after about five years of use -
over the last few months have had to replace toner cartridges - one by one.
That's the 'half-full' initial cartridges gone (yellow not quite finished
yet). Each cartridge costs about GBP90 here in NZ.

    The only problem I have had with it is that when we moved house I
forgot to take the belt out - it got scratched in the move and I had to
replace it.

               Keith

--
Inspired!
0

FS: Misc Acorn (and non-Acorn) hardware
Like Peter Naulls yesterday, I'm trying to get rid of my remaining Risc PC and the related hardware. I've put them on eBay. The Acorn-specific items are: Acorn Risc PC StrongARM 233 MHz + Power-tec SCSI http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202188067 i-cubed EtherLan600 for Acorn Risc PC/A7000 http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202186713 Acorn Risc PC power supply, backplane and screws http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202185817 RISC OS Select http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202184767 STD PS2Mouse for Acorn Risc PC http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202183392 Acorn MEU + Plextor PlexWriter RW 4220 internal SCSI http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202182624 Graphic tablet PaintPal Deluxe http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202181086 The rest is not Acorn-specific but was connected to either a Risc PC or a Iyonix and therefore may be of interest here as well: Mitsumi FA402M 3.5" Floppy and 7in1 Media Drive http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202179719 Sony 3.5" Floppy MPF 920 http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202177159 ELSA MicroLink ISDN 4U Router/Hub http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5777800061 Iomega ZIP 100 Drive external SCSI http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202173954 HP ScanJet 3c SCSI http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...

Printer Ink
Printer Ink - Pictures and Diagrams of Printer Ink, Printer Ink Cartridge, and Printer Ink Refill - Hi, I am working on a new Website, www.Printer-Ink.biz, for information on Printer Ink, Printer Ink Cartridge, and Printer Ink Refill. I already have some information about Printer Ink on the website - www.Printer-Ink.biz; what I am looking for is pictures and diagrams of how printer ink, printer ink cartridge and printer ink refill work for the www.Printer-ink.biz website. Specifically, I am looking for good pictures of printer ink, printer ink cartridge, or printer refill in action, maybe in a ink jet printer or laser printer - however, diagrams of how printer ink, printer ink cartridge, or printer ink refill work in a laser printer, ink jet printer, or even dot matrix printer might be interesting as well. Please only send your own images - with your pictures, please include permission to post them on www.Printer-Ink.biz . Images to pics@Printer-Ink.biz . Thank you, info@Printer-Ink.biz Subject : Printer Ink - Pictures and Diagrams of Printer Ink, Printer Ink Cartridge, and Printer Ink Refill for www.Printer-Ink.biz flrealbot@yahoo.com wrote: > Printer Ink - Pictures and Diagrams of Printer Ink, Printer Ink > Cartridge, and Printer Ink Refill > - > > Hi, > > > I am working on a new Website, www.Printer-Ink.biz, for information on > Printer Ink, Printer Ink Cartridge, and Printer Ink ...

FS: Misc Acorn hardware
i-cubed EtherLan 600: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101336155 IBM 586 (100 MHz) card: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101337088 RISC OS 3.50: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101348173 RISC OS 4.02: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101349126 Risc PC: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101360766 StrongARM card: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101361862 Texas Instruments 486-SLC (40 MHz): http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101363515 Everything in good, near perfect condition unless stated otherwise. I'm selling from Germany, but I'll deliver to UK as well. Oversea on request. Please get in touch for shipping cost in those cases. -- Stefan Bellon On 10 Jun, I wrote: > StrongARM card: > http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101361862 I announced this offer without RISC OS 3.70 ROMs because I didn't find the ones belonging to the card. In the meantime I have found them. This offer will include the RISC OS 3.70 ROM set. -- Stefan Bellon ...

Problems posting to acorn.hardware
Hi, I've posted a few things to acorn.hardware in the last few days but I was surprised to get no follow ups from the normal helpful people who contribute regularly. Checking on google.groups it doesn't look as if any of my posts have got through - I have a local copy whicy presumably gets added by MessengerPro. Is there any problem posting to this group at the moment? -- andrew.mcmullon@tesco.net In article <92d606294d.andy@andrew.mcmullon@tesco.net>, Andy McMullon <andrew.mcmullon@tesco.net> wrote: > Hi, > I've posted a few things to acorn.hardware in the last few days but I > was surprised to get no follow ups from the normal helpful people who > contribute regularly. > Checking on google.groups it doesn't look as if any of my posts have > got through - I have a local copy whicy presumably gets added by > MessengerPro. > Is there any problem posting to this group at the moment? Three items from you since Jan 2nd. (One of those was a repeat of an earlier query about KVM kit) Those items appeared OK. Maybe the people who could answer aren't around at the moment, winter sun holiday perhaps? Gone off to work in one of the countries around the Indian Ocean. Whatever. On 6 Jan 2005 Andy McMullon <andrew.mcmullon@tesco.net> wrote: > I've posted a few things to acorn.hardware in the last few days but I > was surprised to get no follow ups from the normal helpful people who > contribute regul...

Acorn Electron hardware wanted
Folks Forgive what may be an intrusion but if anyone is prepared to sell any Acorn Electron hardware in particular an (original L-shaped) Acorn Plus 3, please reply to this. Cheers On 20 Jan 2006 as I do recall, JCC wrote: > Folks > > Forgive what may be an intrusion but if anyone is prepared to sell any Acorn > Electron hardware in particular an (original L-shaped) Acorn Plus 3, please > reply to this. > These are the correct groups, but comp.sys.acorn.hardware might be even better... :-) -- Harriet Bazley == Loyaulte me lie == ...

FS: All manner of Acorn Hardware
Hi all I'm loosing my room at my parents, which means my collection of Acorn stuff has to go! This includes but is not limited to some of the following; A5000, standard, old college machine A3000, with external hard drive and a 5 1/4" floppy disc (this machine i love, grew up with it but have no where to put it), also has a network card RISC PC 700, another ex college one, works, think i might have put a strong arm and PC card in it. Acorn electron, with tapes and two power supplies Star dot matrix printer for the acorn, includes at least one ink ribbon All kinds of miscellaneous hard ware for a BBC b/master including; CUB monitor, various tape decks and modems, floppy drives Pile of Acorn User magazines (about 30 of) Bigger pile of manuals, probably in the region of 20 manuals and software packs Miscellaneous boxes of software on low density floppies See the following for piccies, this is not everything, and not everything pictured is available http://s297.photobucket.com/albums/mm230/vannystick/ Would prefer for the whole lot to go in one go but don't expect it, and I would like to see token gestures of cash for them. Not able to post at the moment, located on the Wirral but can also be collected from Liverpool with sufficient warning. Needs to go in the next two weeks, so offered here, then eBay, then the tip! I'd have thought ebay would be best as there has not been that much Acorn/RISC OS stuff on there for a while, so prices should be good. Also, if ...

Business card printer hardware
I'm looking for a printer which will print on small cards the same size as business cards. The cards are pre-printed with a colour design. I just need to print a small amount of black text on them. Does anyone know of such a beast?? You would be much better advised to use A4 (or Letter) size laser cut Business Card stock in a regular printer. This stock can also be purchased preprinted with custom designs. On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 15:52:50 +0000, Sprout <rinkydinky@btconnect.com> wrote: >I'm looking for a printer which will print on small cards the same >size as business cards. > >The cards are pre-printed with a colour design. I just need to print a >small amount of black text on them. > >Does anyone know of such a beast?? ----== Posted via Newsfeed.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet News==---- http://www.newsfeed.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups ---= 19 East/West-Coast Specialized Servers - Total Privacy via Encryption =--- On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 15:52:50 +0000, Sprout <rinkydinky@btconnect.com> wrote: >I'm looking for a printer which will print on small cards the same >size as business cards. There were thousands of them about years ago, but they have been superceded by litho, lasers and inkjets. They were called Letterpress printers and they used little lead letters that you had to arrange in the correct order ........... etc ........etc. So...

!Printers: How do I open Printer:$ ?

DLL errors: The hardware, the hardware, it's ALWAYS the hardware...
As John stated in the DLL Hell thread: "Really? How many of those links are cases of "DLL Hell'? Thats where a program replaces an existing Windows DLL with its version. All these are a bunch of links where a DLL is missing or corrupted. Its a pretty safe bet that 10.3 also will suffer from missing or corrupted files due to disk problems. As evidenced by the frequent need to trash certain programs preference files." This is the age-old "cheap unreliable hardware" argument that John always runs back to when cornered about Windows' shortcomings. Isn't it interesting that whenever Mac advocates bring up Apple's unique ability to integrate high-quality hardware and software, the Winidiots always blast Apple for not selling cheap commodity hardware? Yet whenever Windows has a problem, the Winidiots always seem to blame it on "cheap hardware." Some Winidiot always loudly trumpets the fact that "you can get PC system X down at Fry's for $499," but whenever Windows fucks up, the excuse is "well, what do you expect from a bargain basement PC?" You can't have it both ways, kids. Either cheap hardware is a benefit, or it's a curse. It's been proven that Apple's high end machines (Dual G5s) have a significant price/performance advantage over dual Xeon systems, yet Wintel lovers like to whine about how expensive Macs are. If you combine this with the fact that...

Printing from Acorn to PC shared printer
Must i use LanMan98 for this or is there a simpler way? Thanks, Ben In message of 27 Apr, "Ben Wylie" <benwylie@_hotmail_.com> wrote: > Must I use LanMan98 for this or is there a simpler way? Uniprint from Rcomp or get a Printer Server box. But both these cost money It can also be done through Samba. I would not say it is any simpler than Lanman98. -- Tim Powys-Lybbe������������������������������������������tim@powys.org �������������For a miscellany of bygones: http://powys.org Tim Powys-Lybbe wrote: > It can also be done through Samba. I w...

New CANON Printers for old Acorns
9th December 2005 NEW CANON PRINTERS FOR OLD ACORNS ================================= Castle announces today a that they have a small quantity of the Canon IP4000 high speed colour bubble jet printers available for sale. In addition to a modern USB connector, the IP4000 also has a parallel port making them ideal for older Acorn computers as well as IYONIX pcs. These brand new IP4000 printers come with: 1. Parallel data cable. 2. USB data cable. 3. RISC OS printer driver. 4. Castle's 'pop-up !Printers' application. Detailed IP4000 features are available on line at: http://www...

kenel sets sys clock from hardware clock??
Can anybody confirm that the kernel, itself, updates the system clock from the hardware clock when loading? (Fedora Core 4, kernel 2.6.11) Even if I eliminate the entire boot process (no init process, no rc.sysinit, no init scripts, nothing beyond the kernel and shell), when I check the system clock ("date" command) it reflects the hardware clock value shown in bios/setup. (I bypass the boot process by passing "init=/bin/bash" to the kernel via the bootloader.) rc.sysinit script is usually viewed as holding the role of applying hardware time to the system clock but its e...

How to determine hardware printer margins in Mac OSX?
Hi, I am porting an application to the Mac that prints. I need to know what margins the printer has, so that I can print right up to that line. In windows I have used GetDeviceCaps to find out the margins of the user's printer. How can I do this on the Mac? I am using realbasic, but posted to the comp.sys.mac.programmer group as well, in case realbasic does not have this capability and I will need to use something from the carbon library. Thanks In article <RC5qd.106780$5K2.43855@attbi_s03>, "John Smith 99382" <someone99382@microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, I am porting an application to the Mac that prints. I need to know what > margins the printer has, so that I can print right up to that line. In > windows I have used GetDeviceCaps to find out the margins of the user's > printer. How can I do this on the Mac? I am using realbasic, but posted to > the comp.sys.mac.programmer group as well, in case realbasic does not have > this capability and I will need to use something from the carbon library. On Macintosh, you ask the print system for the page rectangle and the paper rectangle. The paper rectangle is the physical size of the paper, and the page is the printable area. The user specifies which printer, or generic, on the Page Setup dialog box. The user is allowed to queue a print job on one printer, then drag it to another printer, and if he does he deserves to get what he gets. Read: <h...

Misc Acorn/BBC Hardware/Software up for free.
Hi Guys, I have been a keen retro computing enthusiast for as long as I can remember however I have no come to a point where I can no longer store the stuff I have. I have been slowly but surely giving things away over the last few year. I still have quite a few bits which as I uncover them whilst sorting the loft/garage/cupboards etc, I am starting to list and wondered if you or people you know might be interested in any of it. So I guess comes the shameless plug as I am listing it on my 'free to a good home' site called AnyGoodToYou.com where we have specifically set up a section for Vintage / classic hardware. Hope you can help as I really don't want this stuff to end up at the local WEEE dump. Cheers Allan ...

RH7.2 Printer Hardware Detection Problem
Gentle People: Sometimes my RH7.2 Systems fail to detect my HP Printers which are attached via a Centronics Parallel Printer Cable. BTW I have tried multiple cables. Has anyone else seen this? If yes is there a work around? Such as a manual configuration program such as Kudzu? Also my 7.2 Kudzu configuration program behaves strangely when run from the Gnome command line. Was Kudzu intended to run from the (Non Graphical) command prompt? Thanks for the help. Thomas Dineen ...

For sale or free ... Acorn AKF50 monitor and Xerox NC60 printer
These two items may be of interest to someone: Acorn AKF50 'multisync' monitor * it works. * 9<>15 adapter; can be used with Archimedes series * small 3-pin power plug; used to be powered by an A310 * slight superficial damage to front of case * pic: <URL:http://www.timil.com/temp/AKF50.jpg> Xerox NC60 Color Laser 'Docuprint' Postscript Printer * works with standard RISC OS postscript driver or, more likely, * useful for spares including 32MB and 64MB 50ns RAM * needs toner; empty toner filler bottles supplied * other consumables about 50% left (from my memory) * 96 MB 50 ns RAM but does fail to cope with multiple copies of huge > about 10MB files * RJ45 and BNC network and/or parallel * pic: <URL:http://www.timil.com/temp/NC60.jpg> * UK support: <URL:http://www.xerox.com/go/xrx/template/013.jsp?Xseg=corp&Xcntry=GBR&Xlang=en_GB> (search 'NC60') Please email interest in, or questions about, either item to: tim <at> timil <dot> com. I recommend collection of either item from here in South Bucks. The monitor is old and the printer is a two-man carry. Act soon: a skip beckons. T -- * Cheap phone bills? Gift shopping? www.timil.com/usenet.php * Spam-proof Usenet address? Visit www.invalid.org.uk or email me: postmaster at invalid dot org dot uk * (tim@invalid.org.uk is deleted unread - please use my valid address above) .... "Did my heart love till now? forswear it, sight! For I ne'er s...

Printer drivers for new printers
I have just bought a couple of printers and I am trying to find drivers for them without any success. The printers I have are a Canon S330 and a Canon i950. Both are connected on a windows printer/home control server. For the S330 I have used the S300 printer driver (qimp-print), the print quality is horrible but at least it prints the correct size, as for the i950, I used the BJC-8200 printer driver and it prints at 1/4 of the size it is supposed to. Canon only supports windows and Mac os, at least that is their official response. Is there anywhere I can find printer driv...

Phaser printers and LED printers
I have need to purchase, for a small office environment, a printer for color brochures. It needs to handle speeds in the 10-20 pages per minute range and mainly for letter size paper. Target price is $1000-1200. I prefer something other than inkjet printers for this application, and recent color laser printer output I've seen is quite good. There seem to be several models from the major manufacturers available for under a grand, but they seem to cluster around 4 pages per minute in color, which is too slow. We will be printing runs of a few hundred pages at a time, probably 2-3 times a month. The Xerox Phaser 8200 looks good; it is not a laser printer, but it's output is very nice, and consumables seem to have reasonable cost. The Oki 5300 also seems to fill the bill, but I believe that it's an LED printer, and I've been warned that LED printers can have registration problems. Would any kind soul care to share their views on this topic??? TIA, Dwight Huffman In article <3FA089D2.5FFC9088@gte.net>, Dwight Huffman <d.huffman@gte.net> writes > >The Xerox Phaser 8200 looks good; it is not a laser printer, but it's >output is very nice, and consumables seem to have reasonable cost. > I bought one of these nearly a month ago now, good output and pretty simple for adding ink etc. I've seen reports that you need to leave it on to avoid ink being used in cleaning cycles when powering on and off, ...

printer supplies or new printer
I am running a RiscPC700 (NO strongarm), withComputer Concepts turboprinter feeding a Canon BJC210. I only use it for !HolyBible and !Sibelius6 I need either ink cartidges for the printer, or a new printer that turbo will recognise. Any suggestion? (PS - sorry I use a Windows for internet and everything else.) "Letmesnapu2" <alan.r.archer@btinternet.com> wrote: > I am running a RiscPC700 (NO strongarm), withComputer Concepts turboprinter > feeding a Canon BJC210. > > I only use it for !HolyBible and !Sibelius6 > > I need either ink cartidges for ...

Hardware requirement for hardware in the loop
I want to setup a laboratory for general hardware in the loop simulation. I developed xpc target and real time workshop. I want to order some hardware and electronic boards for interfacing. what is the most general interfaces cards and I/O.(A/D,D/A, CAN controller .......) which type and which marks is better to buy????? which cards you used in your company or Institue??? Is there any general rack for hardware in the loop? Thanks On Feb 25, 9:39 pm, omidamir2...@gmail.com wrote: > I want to setup a laboratory for general hardware in the loop > simulation. > I developed xpc targ...

Fraud 7: which hardware vendors lack sales with Windows-only printers?
Earlier today you babbled: "If Linux support is absent, hardware vendors don't generally have good sales. Take any printer for example with and without Linux support from the same manufacturer. Its no longer feasible to assume there are buyers for printers that don't support Linux!" On 2012-03-28, DFS <nospam@dfs.com> wrote: > Earlier today you babbled: "If Linux support is absent, hardware vendors > don't generally have good sales. Take any printer for example with and > without Linux support from the same manufacturer. Its no longer > feasible to assume there are buyers for printers that don't support Linux!" What are the "Windows-only" printers? Printers have been cheaper than ink for awhile now. This even includes the ones that can worth wtih Linux and/or MacOS. -- Apple: because you really don't want to take any more video ||| than your camera can hold. Really. / | \ JEDIDIAH wrote: > On 2012-03-28, DFS <nospam@dfs.com> wrote: >> Earlier today you babbled: "If Linux support is absent, hardware vendors >> don't generally have good sales. Take any printer for example with and >> without Linux support from the same manufacturer. Its no longer >> feasible to assume there are buyers for printers that don't support >> Linux!" > > What are the "...

Printer addendum for HP printer

printer
I'm a looking for a good quality inkjet printer for good quality digital photography printing . I would bre grateful for any recommended models thanks t ...

printer
Hello, I have te possibility to buy a DMP2000 printer. It is new, never been used, how much to pay for this? THX,Fabien "Fabien Nicaud" <fabien.nicaud@wanadoo.fr> a �crit dans le message de news: bq8908$3vk$1@news-reader5.wanadoo.fr... > Hello, > > I have te possibility to buy a DMP2000 printer. It is new, never been used, > how much to pay for this? > > THX,Fabien > > Always a harsh question... It can go from none to a dozen of euros... I guess the right price is the price you're willing to pay for it ! ;-) Charles ...

Web resources about - Printer - comp.sys.acorn.hardware

3D Printer - Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Printer error foiled billion-dollar bank heist
A Philippine bank manager who approved funds transfers at the centre of an attempted $US1 billion ($AU1.3 billion) international cyber heist ...

Printer error foiled billion-dollar bank heist
A Philippine bank manager who approved funds transfers at the centre of an attempted $US1 billion ($AU1.3 billion) international cyber heist ...

How is this top-notch wireless printer, scanner, copier and fax machine just $80?
... team so you know exactly where to look. We've got a bunch of great deals for you to check out today, and this bargain on the Brother Printer ...

Here's how to trick a fingerprint scanner in just 15 minutes with nothing but a printer and some fancy ...
It's possible to trick a smartphone's fingerprint scanner with just 15 minutes, a regular inkjet printer, and some special ink. Researchers ...