Risc PC hard drive

Hi All

I have a vague recollection that when replacing the hard disc on my Risc PC
the process was to add the new one as a second hard drive then drag and drop
whatever was needed from old to new.

What I cannot recall is how you attach the second hard drive? Any guidance welcome.

--
Tim
0

In article <3e1c3dce51.Tim@lynndene.demon.co.uk>, Tim
<Tim@lynndene.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> I have a vague recollection that when replacing the hard disc on my Risc
> PC the process was to add the new one as a second hard drive then drag
> and drop whatever was needed from old to new.

> What I cannot recall is how you attach the second hard drive? Any
> guidance welcome.

Usually one uses the power and ribbon from the CD.  If there isn't one it's
a bit more difficult.

John

--
John Williams, Brittany, Northern France - no attachments to these addresses!
Non-RISC OS posters change user to johnrwilliams or put 'risc' in subject!
          Jess <phantasm_39@hotmail.com> wrote:

> In message <51ce3eb28bUCEbin@tiscali.co.uk>
>           "John Williams (News)" <UCEbin@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > In article <3e1c3dce51.Tim@lynndene.demon.co.uk>, Tim
> > <Tim@lynndene.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>
> >> I have a vague recollection that when replacing the hard disc on my Risc
> >> PC the process was to add the new one as a second hard drive then drag
> >> and drop whatever was needed from old to new.
>
> >> What I cannot recall is how you attach the second hard drive? Any
> >> guidance welcome.
>
> > Usually one uses the power and ribbon from the CD.  If there isn't one it's
> > a bit more difficult.

 Ahh it begins to come back to me...

> Remebering to set the new drive to slave for the duration.

How do I set it as "slave"?

--
Tim
0
In message <51ce3eb28bUCEbin@tiscali.co.uk>
          "John Williams (News)" <UCEbin@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:

> In article <3e1c3dce51.Tim@lynndene.demon.co.uk>, Tim
> <Tim@lynndene.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>> I have a vague recollection that when replacing the hard disc on my Risc
>> PC the process was to add the new one as a second hard drive then drag
>> and drop whatever was needed from old to new.

>> What I cannot recall is how you attach the second hard drive? Any
>> guidance welcome.

> Usually one uses the power and ribbon from the CD.  If there isn't one it's
> a bit more difficult.

Remebering to set the new drive to slave for the duration.

--
Jess                   Iyonix
0
          Tim <Tim@lynndene.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>> Remebering to set the new drive to slave for the duration.

> How do I set it as "slave"?

There are usually little jumpers between the power connector and the
data ribbon.

Typically they will be master, slave and cable select. (Very
occasionally they have single, too, but most drives use the same
setting for single and master)

--
Jess                   Iyonix
0
   Tim <Tim@lynndene.demon.co.uk> wrote:

[Snip]

> How do I set it as "slave"?

You get out a whip, soundly thrash it, then command it to lick your boots.

;-)

But seriously... Jumpers on the rear end.

That remind me of another bit of humour, but I'd better not, as I might
get arrested.

Dave

--

Dave Triffid
0
In message <1e913fce51.Tim@lynndene.demon.co.uk>
          Tim <Tim@lynndene.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>In message <a2b63fce51.jess@itworkshop.invalid>
>          Jess <phantasm_39@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> In message <51ce3eb28bUCEbin@tiscali.co.uk>
>>           "John Williams (News)" <UCEbin@tiscali.co.uk> wrote:

>> > Usually one uses the power and ribbon from the CD.  If there isn't one it's
>> > a bit more difficult.
>>
> Ahh it begins to come back to me...
>
>> Remebering to set the new drive to slave for the duration.
>>

>How do I set it as "slave"?

Jumper switches or blocks on the back of the drive

--
Kev Wells  http://riscos.kevsoft.co.uk/
http://kevsoft.co.uk/   http://kevsoft.co.uk/AleQuest/
On 04/05/2011 21:48, Jess wrote:

> There are usually little jumpers between the power connector and the
> data ribbon.

Hopefully your drive will either have a picture on the label, or maybe
codes (MA, SL, CS being usual) engraved in the metal by the jumpers.

Failing that, you'll need to Google.

Best wishes,

Rick.
In message <4dc3270a$0$30767$ba4acef3@reader.news.orange.fr>
          Rick Murray <heyrickmail-usenet@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> On 04/05/2011 21:48, Jess wrote:
>
> > There are usually little jumpers between the power connector and the
> > data ribbon.
>
> Hopefully your drive will either have a picture on the label, or maybe
> codes (MA, SL, CS being usual) engraved in the metal by the jumpers.
>
> Failing that, you'll need to Google.
>

> Best wishes,
>
> Rick.

Google came up trumps and the hard disc has been attached and its contents
saved. Hurrah!

--
Tim
0

Copy files from Acorn Risc Hard Drive to PC ?
I have been asked by a friend to rescue some sibelius files from an old Acorn Risc hard drive - can I just plug this onto a normal IDE connector in a PC and copy them from within Windows ? Or is there some other way ? Thanks for any help. Regards In message <Xns9AB8B56D879FCisissoft@193.202.122.104> Isis <isissoft@NOSPAMbtinternet.com> wrote: > I have been asked by a friend to rescue some sibelius files from an old > Acorn Risc hard drive - can I just plug this onto a normal IDE connector in > a PC and copy them from within Windows ? Or is there some other way ? In outline, you'll either need to plug the drive into a RISC OS computer, or into a PC chassis running Linux, with an add-on to read the files. As far as I know you can't read them under Windows. (There might be something related to Red Squirrel/Virtual Acorn, but i suspect you'd need the emulator for that to work.) no doubt you'll get more precise/accurate answers soon. -- Alan Adams, from Northamptonshire alan.adams@orchard-way.freeserve.co.uk http://www.nckc.org.uk/ On Mon, 09 Jun 2008 16:50:16 +0000, Isis wrote: > I have been asked by a friend to rescue some sibelius files from an old > Acorn Risc hard drive - can I just plug this onto a normal IDE connector > in a PC and copy them from within Windows ? Or is there some other way ? Windows does not support the file system that RISC OS, Acorn's operating system, uses - let along the par...

RISC PC and 'seeing' PC format hard drive
X-no-archive: yes Is there any way to get a Risc PC to "see" a IDE FAT formatted PC hard drive? I take it some piece of software is required because at the moment I only get an error message. I am trying to transfer some files across to the PC and although the Risc PC has ethernet, I've been unable to get that to work at all (that could also be a possibility if I could get it working). Thanks for any insight. In message <3obgq6F57h9nU1@individual.net> Graham <me@privacy.net> wrote: > Is there any way to get a Risc PC to "see" a IDE FAT formatted PC hard > drive? I take it some piece of software is required because at the > moment I only get an error message. > > I am trying to transfer some files across to the PC and although the > Risc PC has ethernet, I've been unable to get that to work at all (that > could also be a possibility if I could get it working). Three methods spring to mind that I currently use: 1) Network both Risc PC and PC via a router using !Omni (needs setting up). 2) Use a Pen Drive, needs USB on both machines. 3) Floppy disc. Regards, Martin. -- Martin Wynn Martin Wynn wrote: > In message <3obgq6F57h9nU1@individual.net> > Graham <me@privacy.net> wrote: > > > >>Is there any way to get a Risc PC to "see" a IDE FAT formatted PC hard >>drive? I take it some piece of software is required because at the >&g...

New hard Drive for RISC PC?
I am getting a new Hard Drive for my RISC PC, iv found one I think is suitable on Dabs. http://www.dabs.com/ProductView.aspx?Quicklinx=4MQ3&CategorySelectedId=11154&PageMode=1&NavigationKey=11154,41610000,45540000&InMerch=1 Am I right in thinking this would work with the RISC PC? Thanks, Mike On 10-Sep-2007, Mike Carter <mike@carter.mihopa.net> wrote: > I am getting a new Hard Drive for my RISC PC, iv found one I think is > suitable on Dabs. > > http://www.dabs.com/ProductView.aspx?Quicklinx=4MQ3&CategorySelectedId=11154&PageMode=1&NavigationKey=11154,41610000,45540000&InMerch=1 > > Am I right in thinking this would work with the RISC PC? No, it won't work connected to a RiscPC motherboard. -- David Holden - APDL - <http://www.apdl.co.uk> On 10 Sep 2007 Mike Carter <mike@carter.mihopa.net> wrote: > I am getting a new Hard Drive for my RISC PC, iv found one I think is > suitable on Dabs. > http://www.dabs.com/ProductView.aspx?Quicklinx=4MQ3&CategorySelectedId > =11154&PageMode=1&NavigationKey=11154,41610000,45540000&InMerch=1 > Am I right in thinking this would work with the RISC PC? A 7200rpm is a complete waste on a Risc PC. Go for a lower power and quieter 5400rpm. ---druck -- The ARM Club Free Software - http://www.armclub.org.uk/free/ The 32bit Conversions Page - http://www.quantumsoft.co.uk/druck/ On 10 Sep, druck <news@druck.freeuk.com...

80GB hard drive on a Risc PC
Hi all, I'm going slightly mad trying to get a Seagate ST3802110A 80GB hard drive to go in a RISC OS 4.02 machine. Using two partitions 40GB, at first it was working fine on a Simtec IDE card until the Simtec card died and then I moved it to the motherboard IDE. Machine seemed to work OK until I came to copy files around on the hard drive and I got "data lost" errors and errors about a bad free space and disc error 20. DiscKnight said there was no problem with the disc. The problem is worse if a Sony CD ROM drive is a slave on the IDE bus. I decided to copy all the data off the drive and then I used HForm (v2.56) to format it. HForm immediately said that the cylinder count reported by the drive doesn't correlate to the LBA size and corrected the number to something lower. I accepted the defaults HForm came up with except I used half the number of corrected cylinders in order to create a partition that was around 38GB. At the end of HForm when it tries to write the map it can sometimes produce disc error 20. Is it possible to make this disc work with ADFS or not? Cheers, -- Steven Web pages: http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/~acorn/ Steve's law: You have to have at least 8 cylinders under the hood otherwise life, is just regular. .... Look at all the Indians! - General Custer Steven Sykes wrote: > Hi all, > > I'm going slightly mad trying to get a Seagate ST3802110A 80GB hard > drive to go in a RISC OS 4.02 machine....

Backup OS-9 hard drives on PC hardware.
When I was trying to back up my SyQuest EZ135 SCSI hard drive on a PC, I ran in to an interesting problem. I had the PC (parallel) version of the EZ135, and a SCSI version (hooked to my OS-9 machine). When I inserted a non-DOS formatted platter, the PC would not recognize it. The BIOS (or something) wanted the first sector to be PC-ish. So, my solution was to write a quick program in C to back up the first 512 bytes (sector) of the OS-9 disk, and copy the 512-byte sector from a PC disk to the OS-9 disk. This created an OS-9 disk (unusuable) that would be recognized by the PC. From...

Re: Classic MPE Hardware to PC Hard Drive Question
remember a hpib small drive was just a regular drive sometimes with a hpib interface board hooked to it... was so with workstations and I assume the small 3000 drives same? My 3000 drive times were with the washing machine sized oldies (7925 etc. Thanks, Ed Sharpe, Archivist for SMECC Web Site at _www.smecc.org_ (http://www.smecc.org/) We are always looking for items to add to the museum's display and ref. library - please advise if you have anything we can use. Coury House / SMECC 5802 W. Palmaire Ave. Phone 623-435-1522 Glendale Az 85301...

FS: Acorn Risc PC (with RISC OS 4.29)
I am selling my Risc PC on EBay. From reading the FAQ it seems it's ok to advertise hardware on c.a.s.apps, hopefully no one objects. The machine is a good spec, and runs RISC 0S 4.29. It also has a really great software bundle, particularly if you are into graphics. A quick overview: Machine Spec Risc PC 600, RISC OS 4.29, StrongARM, 48MB RAM (44 free), 2MB VRAM, 6GB HDD, CD-ROM drive, Ethernet fitted. (Software highlights: TopModel2, Artworks, Composition (Compo), Photodesk, Studio 24 Pro, Impression Style, Writer, Easy C++, OmniClient, LanMan 98, ANT Internet Suite I & II, many games and other software) The link is: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=015&item=250018157895&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1 Apologies for the (slight) crosspost between here and apps. Thanks, Max ...

External Hard Drive (USB) recognizes hardware but not drives
I pulled a IBM Travelstar disk from a T21 (I know it works fine, the problem on the laptop was with the motherboard). I connected it to a Argosy HD260 external hard disk case (USB connection). On connecting to an XP box, the system recognizes an IBM-DJSA-220 USB Device, but no drive letter appear (the disk was used on Win2K, so I assume it is NTFS, and has two partitions). How can I see the two volumes on the disk to access the data? Thanks <aribloch@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1164540238.912622.152430@j72g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > > I pulled a IBM Travelstar disk from a T21 (I know it works fine, the > problem on the laptop was with the motherboard). I connected it to a > Argosy HD260 external hard disk case (USB connection). On connecting to > an XP box, the system recognizes an IBM-DJSA-220 USB Device, but no > drive letter appear (the disk was used on Win2K, so I assume it is > NTFS, and has two partitions). > > How can I see the two volumes on the disk to access the data? > > Thanks aribloch: These USB external HDD non-recognition problems in the XP environment have been a source of continuing irritation (not to say aggravation) to many of us. For what it's worth we've put together a kind of checklist for troubleshooting this kind of problem which I've listed below. But before getting to them you might want to try the following... I'm assuming your reference ...

new hard drive + old hard drive
I think I need you guys help here. My old custom-built computer's hard drive is running out of space and it's messed up and registry doesn't look good. I was given used 20GB and try to install as local(bootable) hard drive(C:) and want to use old hard drive(13GB) as back-up storage(F:) I have XP installed now and have a CD for XP and want to clean install on new 20GB. I know to how to hook up and set up master and slave and configure bios etc and install XP with clean installation. What I want to find out is I want to use the program in old hard drive. As far as I know,I...

Wanted: Acorn/RISC OS Browser & Mail Client Recommendations for RISC PC
Does anyone know if either Firefox 2 or Pluto will run - albeit somewhat slowly - on a RISC PC with RISC OS 6? Will Firefox 2 or Pluto function on pre-RISC OS 6 platforms? If the answer is 'no' to all the above then what Acorn/RISC OS Browsers & Mail Clients are recommended for use on the RISC PC? At the moment I am using NetSurf 1v1 and have no mail client ... the formatting of some web-pages by NetSurf leaves a lot to be desired - including the comp.sys.acorn.misc discussion listings ... I am currently using a Kinetic RISC OS 4.37/RISC OS Select 3i3 (11 Aug 2003) RISC PC. ...

Creating a hard drive image
Hi, I have never seen this sort of hardware setup before (setup sun and ia servers before, worked with old hardware before, but never saw this setup). What this site has is a rack of boards, that sort of look like old mainframe multiplexer controller boards ... but htis one rack has a SPARC board that connects to a box above it, which holds an enclosed hard drive, about 20 gb. It reportedly (couldnt connect to it one day to run commands to see exactly what it has hardware and software wise) is running 5.7 SunOS under a WinXP OS. It reportedly has five 4gb partitions, one or more of which m...

Five hard drives in a PC?
Hi, I'm thinking of building a PC to support at least five EIDE devices. Arcserve Brightstor r11 on Windows 2000 Pro is currently backing up to disk for us in a five-day rotation and we are storing two days each currently on 250GB drives but we are running out of room. The M-F daily backup is nearing 125GB. I could buy larger than 250 GB drives but eventually I would run out again. If I only had a mother board which supported five 250GB drives I would be done. Thanks for any advice. PS. Yes, we backup to Tape from the disc backup and the tapes go offsite. Her...

Premade external hard drive or internal hard drive with enclosure?
Hi, My WD mybook external hardrive died, and now i need a new one for my laptop (which has th elaptop firewire conneciton, which isn't the same as the pc firewire connection that most external harddrives come with, thus need to use usb) So I'm thinking of getting the following toshiba 320 gb external ( see link below). However I have also been considering getting a regular internal harddrive and enclosure. would this be better in terms of reliability and speed? How difficult is this to set up? If this is better any recommendations for a 300-500 gb drive and enclosure? T...

RISC PC Hardware Question
Hi, Im just about to take posession of a Risc PC. Havnt got the full specs yet, but wondering if someone could answer tis question. Id like to get "online" with it. I have a Diamond SupraExpress 56e PRO (external) modem lying around. Can I use this with the RPC? Also How do I go about getting online? Can I just enter my current PC dialup details and use that number/account or does Risc OS require a ISP that supports that OS? Thanks in advance, Rich. On 14 Sep 2003 09:06:44 -0700 uzi@ukgateway.net (Rich) wrote: > > Id like to get "online" with it. I have a Diam...

hard drive power sequencer, hard drive startup sequencer
Does anyone make a power sequencer that could be used to startup hard drives sequentially rather than all at once? I'd like to put 4 HDs in my PC, and I don't want to load the power supply with spinning up all 4 HDs at the same time. *TimDaniels* For IDE drives? Nope, can't be done. They only draw 2A @ 12v, so you only need a 250W power supply. "Timothy Daniels" <TDaniels@NoSpamDot.com> wrote in message news:BfidnXwxc52mqciiXTWJkw@comcast.com... | Does anyone make a power sequencer that | could be used to startup hard drives sequentially | rathe...

pc formatted hard drive
I have been using a seagate external hard drive successfully for storing my music files.It was never formatted for mac but worked fine.Occasionally it would take a long time(two mins. or so) to appear on desktop but now it is refusing to show.It is still working fine but refuses to on my mac.Would anyone know of a solution for getting irt to reappear? ...

Using PC as hard drive?
Hello I have an old PC laptop with Win95. I read about 64Net on the cbm faq. Are there other options for using a PC as a hard drive? Thanks msamuels1 caught my attention by saying: > Hello > > I have an old PC laptop with Win95. I read about 64Net on the cbm faq. > Are there other options for using a PC as a hard drive? > > Thanks Oh yeah. I use an old 486 craptop and 64hdd, which you can find at http://www.64hdd.com, along with a host of other goodies. It will store files loose in MSDOS directories, and it can mount all kind of disk images. <msamuels1@alltel...

Syncing folders
Hi. I have an external Hard Drive - I keep MP3 etc. on it I want a folder on my MacBook Pro hard disk that syncs to it Is this possible ben.necho@yahoo.com wrote: > Hi. > > I have an external Hard Drive - I keep MP3 etc. on it > > I want a folder on my MacBook Pro hard disk that syncs to it > > Is this possible === I use "arRsync" from .......... http://arrsync.sourceforge.net/ ... free and opensource === mikehes@gmail.com wrote: > ben.necho@yahoo.com wrote: > > Hi. > > > > I have an external Hard Drive - I keep MP3 etc. on it...

8668c hard drive is dead, wont accept any other hard drive
we had a power outage and i lost my WD 30gig, the recovery CD wont even format it, i tool a maxtore 6.4 from working pc and put it in the HP, the bios reads the maxtor but all i see after that is a flashing dot nothing more, nothing less. i took an old fujitsu 8.4 and did the recovery , smae thing happened , that flashing dot again should i use only WD or what is the problem exactly??? one more question, i tried to take that WD off the case to send it for warranty but it sounded like escaping from jail is much easier, the screws r soldered into the sheets and i cant it off, any help with that as well? thnx Check the drive jumper settings on any replacement drive. Make sure the drive is set to the master jumper setting. Next, enter the system BIOS setup and make sure that the drive has been detected properly by the BIOS. Then boot from a Windows setup diskette for your operating system, FDISK to create a FAT32 partition, reboot, FORMAT the partition, then try the recovery... Ben Myers On Wed, 08 Oct 2003 03:27:29 GMT, "cell phone repair" <noneishere@cellrepair.us> wrote: >we had a power outage and i lost my WD 30gig, the recovery CD wont even >format it, i tool a maxtore 6.4 from working pc and put it in the HP, the >bios reads the maxtor but all i see after that is a flashing dot nothing >more, nothing less. > >i took an old fujitsu 8.4 and did the recovery , smae thing happened , that >flashing dot again > >should i ...

IDE Drives RISC PC
Can anyone tell me how many devices you can run off the IDE Controller on a RISC PC 600? I have just got a second slice for it and would like to add a second hard disc and a second CD Drive and also a second floppy! Can anyone help on how I can do this? Not sure if you can run all these off one IDE cable, and whether you can get an IDE cable with 5 connectors on it? Can anyone help on this? Thanks In article <4192ddd4.0405130731.1f9a98ab@posting.google.com>, Dave Hill <dhill2@totalise.co.uk> wrote: > Can anyone tell me how many devices you can run off the IDE Controller > on a RISC PC 600? I have just got a second slice for it and would > like to add a second hard disc and a second CD Drive and also a second > floppy! The IDE controller on the RPC is capable of handling up to 2 devices. These would normally run the basic HD/CDROM setup, so to add extra devices you would need to add another controller. Not sure about the floppy drive, but you should be able to run a second drive off the standard i/f with the correct cable. -- //\ // Chika <zvlhxv@penfuarg.bet.hx. - ROT13> // \// The second ZFC coming <crashnet.org.uk/zedeffcee> .... ----> If you cut here, you'll ruin your monitor. <---- Dave Hill wrote: > Can anyone tell me how many devices you can run off the IDE Controller > on a RISC PC 600? I have just got a second slice for it and would > like to add a second hard disc and a second CD Drive and al...

Mac-to-PC hard drive
I'm looking to get an external hard drive that could be connected to and read by both a Mac and a PC. The Mac has a USB port, and I'm assuming the PC will as well. Any recommendations? On Sat, 04 Oct 2003 16:50:30 +0000, DhDowning wrote: > I'm looking to get an external hard drive that could be connected to and read > by both a Mac and a PC. The Mac has a USB port, and I'm assuming the PC will > as well. Any recommendations? just so you know when you get your drive... osx will read fat32 drives up to 127gb. Anything larger doesn't get recognized. (At least ...

RISC PC two floppy drives
Hello all, I've been trying to get a 5.25" drive working on my RISC PC as the second drive, so that I can back up some floppies for the BBC Micro (my PC's motherboard only supports one drive). I tried all sorts of jumper configurations, to no avail - the RISC PC would not detect the second drive - so I asked on a forum ( http://www.stairwaytohell.com/sthforums/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2924 ). The poster told me that early RISC PCs have a bug whereby they only support one drive. So, sure enough, when I tried putting multiple "ordinary" drives in it (I tried a RiscPC 3.5" drive set as drive A and two different PC 3.5" drives set as B; as well as a dual 5.25" disk drive designed for the BBC Micro), and only one drive was detected in each case. Yes, I have told RISC OS (3.7) that I have two drives. So, is this definitely the problem? If so, is there an easy way (an easy hardware hack, or a piece of software) to get it working? If not, do I have any other options? Thanks, Muzer. Muzer <muzerakascooby@gmail.com> wrote: > So, is this definitely the problem? If so, is there an easy way (an easy > hardware hack, or a piece of software) to get it working? Yes. What is the part number of the motherboard? (should be underneath the network card slot), The Mark 3 boards with 16 bit sound (extra connector for CD audio) should be OK, but Mark 1 boards aren't. The easiest way to fix if you do have an affected board is to wire t...

ATA and SATA hard drive in same PC
Hi everyone I have a problem with my hard drives. I have a DELL Dimension 4550 series with these: OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600 OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Manufacturer Dell Computer Corporation System Model Dimension 4550 System Type X86-based PC Processor x86 Family 15 Model 2 Stepping 7 GenuineIntel ~2524 Mhz BIOS Version/Date Dell Computer Corporation A06, 4/22/2003 SMBIOS Version 2.3 Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS System Director...

FS: Various Risc PC hardware
Offers invited for the following Risc PC stuff (located in Bury): 233 Mhz StrongARM processor Risc OS 3.7 ROM's StrongARM software CD I-Cubed 10 Mb NIC (Combo) I-Cubed 10 Mb network podule Simtec 16 bit IDE podule APDL Blitz IDE podule (boxed with a �50 software voucher probably not worth the paper it's printed on, although you might get �9.50 worth of upgrade for the Blitz out of Dave Holden) 32x CD Writer came bundled with the above (untested) Power-tec 16/32 bit SCSI 2 podule Power-tec SCSI 1/2/3 podule (software but only one manual for above) SCSI Yamaha CD...

Web resources about - Risc PC hard drive - comp.sys.acorn.hardware

Google and PayPal join Airbnb and Stripe in offering services in Cuba as tech execs join President Obama ...
Joshua Brustein / Bloomberg Business : Google and PayPal join Airbnb and Stripe in offering services in Cuba as tech execs join President Obama ...

Apple’s new iPhone SE unlikely to make a splash in Asia despite low price
Apple’s newest addition to the iPhone family may be its cheapest phone yet at $399, but the four-inch iPhone SE isn’t likely to move the needle ...

How the hell could the FBI hack into that iPhone?
Experts have lots of theories, but the one that seems likeliest would be a grind.

Google's cloud business nabs Home Depot as client
By Sarah McBride SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Google Inc, long an also-ran in cloud services, has scored an important victory in its effort to win ...

World extra: Former Toronto mayor Rob Ford, 46, dies after fighting cancer
Press of Atlantic City World extra: Former Toronto mayor Rob Ford, 46, dies after fighting cancer Press of Atlantic City FILE - In this Oct. ...

Supreme Court upholds workers' class-action verdict in setback for corporations
WASHINGTON — The Supreme Court dealt a setback to corporate America on Tuesday by upholding a nearly $6-million class-action verdict for a group ...

The Syrian Electronic Army was careless with Gmail, Facebook
If you're a hacker, it's a good idea to stay away from Facebook and Gmail to communicate with your colleagues. Three men, who allegedly were ...

Making money is cool again for young Silicon Valley startups
Investors packed Y Combinator's prestigious Demo Day on Tuesday to listen to startups pitch their business. But those pitches had a different ...

Nintendo is reportedly ending Wii U production this year
Nintendo launched the Wii U at the end of 2012, but sales have fallen far short of the company's expectations since then, and now a report claims ...

Sarah Palin Signs To Host Syndicated Court Show For ‘Mountain Men’ Producer
Former Alaska Governor, Vice Presidential candidate, Fox News contributor and reality star Sarah Palin is looking to return to television as ...