Wanted: Acorn Newletters

Hi,
I am adding various Acorn Newsletters to my web site (see
http://acorn.chriswhy.co.uk/Documents.html).

I have added the ones I have and would like to fill in the gaps, so I
looking for:

Customer Services Newsletters No. 10, 20 & 23+
Developer Newsletters No. 1 to 17 & 39+
ISV Newsletters ALL
Education News 1, 3, 4, 5 & 7+
Higher education News 1 & 3+

and any other Acorn newsletters or other dealer/developer documents.

I am of course will to pay, including postage, at a fair price. If you have
any to sell (or give me) please email me at:
chris (at) chriswhy dot co dot uk

Thanks
Chris
0
news7333 (75)

FS: Misc Acorn (and non-Acorn) hardware
Like Peter Naulls yesterday, I'm trying to get rid of my remaining Risc PC and the related hardware. I've put them on eBay. The Acorn-specific items are: Acorn Risc PC StrongARM 233 MHz + Power-tec SCSI http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202188067 i-cubed EtherLan600 for Acorn Risc PC/A7000 http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202186713 Acorn Risc PC power supply, backplane and screws http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202185817 RISC OS Select http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202184767 STD PS2Mouse for Acorn Risc PC http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202183392 Acorn MEU + Plextor PlexWriter RW 4220 internal SCSI http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202182624 Graphic tablet PaintPal Deluxe http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202181086 The rest is not Acorn-specific but was connected to either a Risc PC or a Iyonix and therefore may be of interest here as well: Mitsumi FA402M 3.5" Floppy and 7in1 Media Drive http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202179719 Sony 3.5" Floppy MPF 920 http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202177159 ELSA MicroLink ISDN 4U Router/Hub http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5777800061 Iomega ZIP 100 Drive external SCSI http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202173954 HP ScanJet 3c SCSI http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...

Acorn Electron hardware wanted
Folks Forgive what may be an intrusion but if anyone is prepared to sell any Acorn Electron hardware in particular an (original L-shaped) Acorn Plus 3, please reply to this. Cheers On 20 Jan 2006 as I do recall, JCC wrote: > Folks > > Forgive what may be an intrusion but if anyone is prepared to sell any Acorn > Electron hardware in particular an (original L-shaped) Acorn Plus 3, please > reply to this. > These are the correct groups, but comp.sys.acorn.hardware might be even better... :-) -- Harriet Bazley == Loyaulte me lie == ...

Acorn Publisher / Acorn User / Qercus
By now some people should have received their copy of Qercus - ie issue 268 of Acorn User or vol 10 issue 1 of Acorn Publisher. The additional printing numbers and distribution is new to us so we're not sure how long it will take to get to all subscribers or to be available in the shops. Some bulk mailings to overseas customers may not go until next week. Our experience so far with the database we inherited from Tau Press is that some customers will receive duplicate copies of the magazine whilst others will not receive one at all. We have been working hard to put right as many errors as we could identify but we know there are still some problems remaining. If you receive an extra issue will you please let us know and tell us which reference numbers are on the two (three/four!) labels so that we can put it right for next time. Please don't return any copies - donate duplicates to a friend, library, dentist/doctor's waiting room &c If you don't receive your copy (UK) then please do not let us know until the middle of next week; we have arranged to do *another* sweep of the database after the SW Show and may have sorted out outstanding problems by the time you call. Whilst far-flung Acorn User subscribers should receive their copies faster than before they should give it an extra week at least before reporting non-receipt. For this occasion reminders have been sent separately from the magazine and should have already been received by UK subscribers who n...

Wanted
Hello, I am trying the computer in object. Contacts in email. Regards Alessandro ...

Acorn NC or Acorn NetStation, looking for one.
I am looking for an Acorn NC with ethernet interface! If someone has one, please let me know, and a reasonable price. Complete, with the remote and etc! Thanks! Leonardo leonardo@editek.com In message <1192995978.255456.168910@y27g2000pre.googlegroups.com> leonardo.cohen@gmail.com wrote: > I am looking for an Acorn NC with ethernet interface! If someone has > one, please let me know, and a reasonable price. Complete, with the > remote and etc! I shall be eBaying an NC with ethernet, but no remote, fairly shortly, possibly in the next few weeks. Alan -- RISC OS - you know it makes cents ...

Qercus (Acorn User / Acorn Publisher) binders
The new Qercus binders will be available within 2 weeks and we're taking orders now. They are available in dark blue with the Qercus logo in gold on the spine. The binders will match previous Acorn Publisher binders but will hold 14 copies of the magazine so Qercus readers will have a spare string for notes and indexes whilst Acorn Publisher readers will have room for two years' issues including two annual special issues of Qercus. Qercus is well-worth collecting so order your binder today. Binders will cost 8.95 each inc UK postage and may (just) be available at Wakefield. Until the end of May new subscribers starting their subscription with issue 268, and ordering a binder at the same time, will receive their first issue free. ie UK subscription + binder = 49.95 + 8.95 = 58.90 for year's subscription from issue 269 with issue 268 free. Orders should be sent to "Finnybank Ltd" 30 Finnybank Road Sale M33 6LR or by phone to 0161 969 9820. Cheques or cards can be accepted. Binders and magazines will be despatched together as soon as the binders are available. -- John Cartmell editor Qercus - editor@qercus.com www.qercus.com Qercus: a fusion of Acorn Publisher & Acorn User magazines one magazine for graphics & design - one magazine for all RISC OS users Finnybank Ltd 30 Finnybank Rd Sale M33 6LR == 0161 969 9820 _______________________________________________________________ a.m.conroy@argonet.co.uk, Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.anno...

Wanted Acorn bits
Didn't know where tho ask this since there isn't a classifieds forum ;) Anyway last summer I bought an A7000 ,which I really grown a customed to.I plan on setting it up as my main system (Using something like VNC for PC "super" needs (typing japanese , Skype with my girlfriend in syberia,...). But as any other student I'm pretty low on cash.Well actually I do have enough money to buy a A9home but It's all used up to fly to syberia in april (to visit my lovely girlfriend). In any case to make why A7000 work properly I need to buy two things. An Ethernet card -> so ...

What games do you want on the Acorn?
What games would you most like to see on Risc OS? a port of Sim city 3000? a port of Oolite elite? a new R.P.G.? I would most like to see a new R.P.G. on the platform that you could play online against other users. The amount of buyers would be probably be quite low, but what's the possibility of it all? On 21 May, 07:10, "David.Watts.Ris...@googlemail.com" <David.Watts.Ris...@googlemail.com> wrote: > What games would you most like to see on Risc OS? a port of Sim city > 3000? a port of Oolite elite? a new R.P.G.? > > I would most like to see a ne...

FA: Acorn Archimedes A310 and Acorn AKF50 Monitor
For Auction on eBay: Acorn Archimedes A310 and Acorn AKF50 Monitor British Broadcasting Corporation Microcomputer System Processor: ARM 3 Memory: 8 MB Hard Disc: 350 MB Podules: Design IT E500 Access+ (Ethernet 10Base2) Oak SCSI Interface Watford Electronics Scanner Peripherals: 3-button mouse Original keyboard with extension cable Watford Electronics Hand Scanner Monitor: Acorn AKF50 with mains connection to A310 and 9/15 adapter. Slight superficial damage to monitor case. Used to be in daily use. Needed only fresh AA batteries (for CMOS RAM) to overcome a year of non-use. Buyer arranges collection. Payment: cash on collection <URL:http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Acorn-Archimedes-A310_W0QQitemZ8804993118QQcategoryZ4193QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem> -- * Sick of BT? Leave them and reduce your phone bill by up to half. * Want a spam-proof Usenet address? Visit www.invalid.org.uk or email me: postmaster at invalid dot org dot uk * (tim@invalid.org.uk is deleted - please use my valid address above) .... "Thy glass will show thee how thy beauties wear, thy dial how thy precious minutes waste" Sonnet 77 ...

FS: All manner of Acorn Hardware
Hi all I'm loosing my room at my parents, which means my collection of Acorn stuff has to go! This includes but is not limited to some of the following; A5000, standard, old college machine A3000, with external hard drive and a 5 1/4" floppy disc (this machine i love, grew up with it but have no where to put it), also has a network card RISC PC 700, another ex college one, works, think i might have put a strong arm and PC card in it. Acorn electron, with tapes and two power supplies Star dot matrix printer for the acorn, includes at least one ink ribbon All kinds of miscellaneous hard ware for a BBC b/master including; CUB monitor, various tape decks and modems, floppy drives Pile of Acorn User magazines (about 30 of) Bigger pile of manuals, probably in the region of 20 manuals and software packs Miscellaneous boxes of software on low density floppies See the following for piccies, this is not everything, and not everything pictured is available http://s297.photobucket.com/albums/mm230/vannystick/ Would prefer for the whole lot to go in one go but don't expect it, and I would like to see token gestures of cash for them. Not able to post at the moment, located on the Wirral but can also be collected from Liverpool with sufficient warning. Needs to go in the next two weeks, so offered here, then eBay, then the tip! I'd have thought ebay would be best as there has not been that much Acorn/RISC OS stuff on there for a while, so prices should be good. Also, if ...

FS: Misc Acorn hardware
i-cubed EtherLan 600: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101336155 IBM 586 (100 MHz) card: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101337088 RISC OS 3.50: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101348173 RISC OS 4.02: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101349126 Risc PC: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101360766 StrongARM card: http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101361862 Texas Instruments 486-SLC (40 MHz): http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101363515 Everything in good, near perfect condition unless stated otherwise. I'm selling from Germany, but I'll deliver to UK as well. Oversea on request. Please get in touch for shipping cost in those cases. -- Stefan Bellon On 10 Jun, I wrote: > StrongARM card: > http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5101361862 I announced this offer without RISC OS 3.70 ROMs because I didn't find the ones belonging to the card. In the meantime I have found them. This offer will include the RISC OS 3.70 ROM set. -- Stefan Bellon ...

Wanted Acorn/BBC Bits
Wanted Acorn/BBC Bits I am forming an Acorn/BBC collection because I personally think the Acorn machines are worth saving so if anyone can help with Acorn/BBC related equipment or software please let me know. Tim Tim.reeve@ntlworld.com ...

Wanted Acorn/BBC Bits
Wanted Acorn/BBC Bits I am forming an Acorn/BBC collection because I personally think the Acorn machines are worth saving so if anyone can help with Acorn/BBC related equipment or software please let me know. Tim Tim.reeve@ntlworld.com In message <kZAgd.718$NM.91@newsfe6-gui.ntli.net> "TIM" <TIM.REEVE@NTLWORLD.COM> wrote: > Wanted Acorn/BBC Bits I am forming an Acorn/BBC collection because I > personally think the Acorn machines are worth saving so if anyone can > help with Acorn/BBC related equipment or software please let me know. Please don't post this message to different groups. _Just_ posting to csa.hardware is sufficient. You'll have to be more specific about the precise bits you're after, I think. -- Peter Naulls - peter@chocky.org | http://www.chocky.org/ ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please Reply Properly - http://www.i-hate-computers.demon.co.uk/quote.html On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 08:09:00 +0000, Peter Naulls wrote: > In message <kZAgd.718$NM.91@newsfe6-gui.ntli.net> > "TIM" <TIM.REEVE@NTLWORLD.COM> wrote: > >> Wanted Acorn/BBC Bits I am forming an Acorn/BBC collection because I >> personally think the Acorn machines are worth saving so if anyone can >> help with Acorn/BBC related equipment or software please let me know. > > Please don't post this message to different groups. _J...

Problems posting to acorn.hardware
Hi, I've posted a few things to acorn.hardware in the last few days but I was surprised to get no follow ups from the normal helpful people who contribute regularly. Checking on google.groups it doesn't look as if any of my posts have got through - I have a local copy whicy presumably gets added by MessengerPro. Is there any problem posting to this group at the moment? -- andrew.mcmullon@tesco.net In article <92d606294d.andy@andrew.mcmullon@tesco.net>, Andy McMullon <andrew.mcmullon@tesco.net> wrote: > Hi, > I've posted a few things to acorn.hardware in the last few days but I > was surprised to get no follow ups from the normal helpful people who > contribute regularly. > Checking on google.groups it doesn't look as if any of my posts have > got through - I have a local copy whicy presumably gets added by > MessengerPro. > Is there any problem posting to this group at the moment? Three items from you since Jan 2nd. (One of those was a repeat of an earlier query about KVM kit) Those items appeared OK. Maybe the people who could answer aren't around at the moment, winter sun holiday perhaps? Gone off to work in one of the countries around the Indian Ocean. Whatever. On 6 Jan 2005 Andy McMullon <andrew.mcmullon@tesco.net> wrote: > I've posted a few things to acorn.hardware in the last few days but I > was surprised to get no follow ups from the normal helpful people who > contribute regul...

Wanted Acorn/BBC Bits
Wanted Acorn/BBC Bits I am forming an Acorn/BBC collection because I personally think the Acorn machines are worth saving so if anyone can help with Acorn/BBC related equipment or software please let me know. Tim Tim.reeve@ntlworld.com "tim.reeve" <tim.reeve@ntlworld.com> escribi� en el mensaje news:7KAgd.704$NM.370@newsfe6-gui.ntli.net... > Wanted Acorn/BBC Bits I am forming an Acorn/BBC collection because I > personally think the Acorn machines are worth saving so if anyone can > help with Acorn/BBC related equipment or software please let me know. > > Ti...

Wanted Acorn/BBC Bits
Wanted Acorn/BBC Bits I am forming an Acorn/BBC collection because I personally think the Acorn machines are worth saving so if anyone can help with Acorn/BBC related equipment or software please let me know. Tim Tim.reeve@ntlworld.com On 30/10/04 00:47, tim.reeve wrote: > Wanted Acorn/BBC Bits I am forming an Acorn/BBC collection because I > personally think the Acorn machines are worth saving so if anyone can > help with Acorn/BBC related equipment or software please let me know. Without meaning to rain on your parade, there are already various collections. The first entry ...

Wanted Acorn Electron with SP64
Title says it really. I'm after a working Acorn Electron with Stop Press 64 fitted for a collector friend of mine. I used to have one myself. Basically a firm called Slogger made an Electron Upgrade (soldered in) to increase the memory to 64K of RAM. In addition to this you could then have a graphics package added(again soldered in, it was a tight squeeze !) called Stop Press 64 (often referered to as just SP64). This was quite advanced in its day and even featured a mouse (AMX). So if anyone can lay their hands on one please respond to me with details and price and I'll pass on the info -- John Crane, RISC OS User ...

FA: Acorn Archimedes A310 and Acorn AKF50 Monitor #2
For Auction on eBay (Less than 20 hours to go): Acorn Archimedes A310 and Acorn AKF50 Monitor British Broadcasting Corporation Microcomputer System Processor: ARM 3 Memory: 8 MB Hard Disc: 350 MB Podules: Design IT E500 Access+ (Ethernet 10Base2) Oak SCSI Interface Watford Electronics Scanner Peripherals: 3-button mouse Original keyboard with extension cable Watford Electronics Hand Scanner Monitor: Acorn AKF50 with mains connection to A310 and 9/15 adapter. Slight superficial damage to monitor case. Used to be in daily use. Needed only fresh AA batteries (for CMOS RAM) to overcome a year of non-use. Buyer arranges collection. Payment: cash on collection <URL:http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Acorn-Archimedes-A310_W0QQitemZ8804993118QQcategoryZ4193QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem> ...

Acorns fall next to the tree [Acorn stuff on ebuy UK]
I usually don't surf Acorns, but I noticed some on ebuy. Acorn RiscOS 3.5 ROMs - no reserve Acorn 486 Co-processor card - no reserve Acorn Arm610 processor card - no reserve ...

WANTED: Acorn A4 laptop
Hello! Does anyone have one of these (preferably working, but most things considered - not fussed about battery condition) that they would like to part with? Thanks Ian Hawkins On Saturday, July 19, 2014 1:50:53 AM UTC+10, piem...@googlemail.com wrote: > Hello! > > > > Does anyone have one of these (preferably working, but most things considered - not fussed about battery condition) that they would like to part with? > > > > Thanks > > > > Ian Hawkins I do, it booted up with a bit of help from the 'R' key. Its got a 500M drive & 4M RAM. Atomwide parallel Ethernet (DCI2 only) Acorn Econet. It hasn't done much work since I repacked the batteries but that was 15 years ago. I think it has original packaging too. Its also in Australia. I am ajw at bigblue. net. au Its 01-AKB64-1011042 (hand picked for its serial number) Its pretty grubby. Alan Brilliant, sending you an email :-) ...

Wanted : Acorn A4 disk drive
Hello. One of my A4s has a dead disk drive (led lights on, head moves, but can't read anything). I find it tedious always using the ZIP to load/unload, so I'm ready to buy a replacement drive. If one of you dear readers has one to sell, please tell me. Even better, if you know how to use a brand new PC one, tell me. I haven't opened my A4 yet, but probably it's a slim size, isn't it ? Cheers, Xavier L. Xavier <xltardy@gmail.com> wrote: > If one of you dear readers has one to sell, please tell me. > > Even better, if you know how to use a brand new PC one, tell me. > > I haven't opened my A4 yet, but probably it's a slim size, isn't it ? It is a slim size, and it uses a flexible connector rather than a ribbon cable. I think it might be a 26 way flex rather than a 34 way. But I think it's a standard laptop PC part if you can find a PC from that long ago. I haven't checked in detail, but at a quick glance this looks the right sort of drive: http://www.citizen.co.uk/pdf/x1de00a.pdf The best 'old' PC to buy is the Triumph Alder Walkstation 386SX, which is the Olivetti machine Acorn based the A4 on. Apart from the motherboard, most of the rest of the parts are the same. (The Walkstation is even more full of circuit boards than the A4). As it happens there's one on eBay at the moment: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200447031608 (3 days to go) Theo On 10 mar, 11:46, Th...

Bill Gates wants to steal your Acorn !
You are at home, alone. Suddenly and without warning, Bill Gates wants to steal your Acorn ! What do you do? In article <7666ed5f.0410252307.2bcda5ca@posting.google.com>, Karl-Hugo Weesberg <netspider4@lycos.com> wrote: > You are at home, alone. As usual, as I live alone anyway. > Suddenly and without warning, Bill Gates wants to steal your Acorn ! What, *another* one? We all know of the one he had in his office for years and from which he cribbed many of the changes for Win95 and all that followed. > What do you do? Let him have the A540 fro...

Wanted: Original Acorn Electron Plus 3
Hi Guys - new to this ng. If anyone is willing to sell an original (L-shaped) working Acorn Electron Plus 3 (with power supply), please email sunstormrider@hotmail.com and put "Acorn Electron Plus 3" in the subject line so I don't delete it as spam. I've just seen an Electron, Plus 1 and Plus 3 go for over 60 quid on ebay. To me, this seems a ridiculous price for something that's 20 years out of date. Personally I want one for nostalgic reasons but I wouldn't go as high as 60 quid. If someone can supply one for around 30-40 I'd be interested. (Quid=UK pounds and I guess for simplicity I'm looking at UK sellers only) Cheers Rob On 17 May 2005 Jules <julesrichardsonuk@remove.this.yahoo.co.uk> wrote: > Plus 3's don't seem at all common - anyone know how many were made? > Despite all the other Acorn odds and ends I've come across over the years > I've never found a Plus 3 (and only seen one real live one). Electrons on > the other hand are common as dirt. Well it was very expensive for just a disc drive - and a 3.5" one which was obviously incompatible with the 5.25" discs everyone was using on the Beeb, or anything else at that time, as the Master Compact was several years away. I like quite a few other people opted for an STL disc interface which plugged in to one of the cartridge slots on the Plus One, and allowed the connection of a standard 5.25" drive. Which you could format in...

I want. I want. I want
If I told them I have built a couple of robots and can program a Pic micro do you think they might consider me. ( I do 16f84's and 16873's ) :-) Rob On Sun, 09 Nov 2008 05:10:46 +0000, Rob Last <rob@robsbots.co.uk> wrote: >If I told them I have built a couple of robots and can program a Pic >micro do you think they might consider me. > >( I do 16f84's and 16873's ) :-) > >Rob > No, you will need to improve your writing skills so we know who "they" are. Should have been a reply to the Engineer Jobs..... Si Ballenger wrote: > On Sun, 09 Nov 2008 05:10:46 +0000, Rob Last <rob@robsbots.co.uk> > wrote: > >> If I told them I have built a couple of robots and can program a Pic >> micro do you think they might consider me. >> >> ( I do 16f84's and 16873's ) :-) >> >> Rob >> > > No, you will need to improve your writing skills so we know who > "they" are. ...

Web resources about - Wanted: Acorn Newletters - comp.sys.acorn.hardware

BuzzFeed Newletters
BuzzFeed has the hottest, most social content on the web. We feature breaking buzz and the kinds of things you'd want to pass along to your friends. ...

Civilization (video game) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The game's objective is to "Build an empire to stand the test of time": it begins in 4000 BC and the players attempt to expand and develop their ...

Home - OnAir
SEARCH Why Onair ? Vision Management team Solutions Commercial airlines VIP aircraft operators Maritime SwiftBroadband reseller Broadband applications ...

Australian Academy of Science - ECR newletters
Home About Sitemap Contacts Promoting excellence in Australian science About the Academy Awards Academy Medal Honorific awards Research conferences ...

Affinitive - Terms of Use
All material on this site is copyrighted by Affinitive, unless otherwised credited. All rights reserved. None of the material on this site may ...

Resources - BehaveNet
Disorders Drugs People Directories Terms Movies Resources National, state and local directory of resources related to behavioral health care. ...

Startup Threads Wants To Be Your Friend
Making threads. For your startup. (flickr.com) WEAVE. Startup Threads , a merchandising site for startups from local newletter mogul and startup ...

Small business news; tips; networking - BizSugar - User - Marketing_Mashup
Share small business news, tips, blog posts and information with BizSugar's community of small business owners and entrepreneurs.

About - blackfilm.com/read
blackfilm.com’s mission is to promote and support diversity in filmmaking. blackfilm.com is an online resource which links the Black film community ...