2 x More Acorn Promo vids

Hi all

I am able to offer a further two Acorn promotional videos for download:

1)
Archimedes Promo (10 mins, MPEG-1/VCD, 100Mb)
Mirror 1: http://www.filefactory.com/file/f1eea4/
Mirror 2:
http://www.sharebigfile.com/file/46738/Archimedes-Promo-Video--Acorn---VHS---VCD-.mpg.html

Thanks to Pete Turnbull, who loaned me his tape for transfer.

2)
Making IT Work (20 mins, MPEG-1/VCD, 202Mb)
Mirror 1: http://www.filefactory.com/file/12d1d9/
Mirror 2:
http://www.sharebigfile.com/file/46423/Making-IT-Work--Acorn---VHS---VCD-.mpg.html

A much later promo (1995) presented by Judith Hann, of Tomorrow's World
fame.

My thanks to Paul Klintworth, who sent this video all the way from Canada!

If you can't get the above 'freebie' downloads to work, then standard
download
links can be found on http://www.acornpreservation.org (but please use the
free file-hosting services if possible, to conserve my bandwidth).

I've also created a heavily-compressed (15Mb) xVid version of the Archie
promo, for PC/MAC users who may be on dial-up:
http://www.eggdisk.com/files/152599_hat2j/Archimedes%20Promo%20Video%20%28Acorn%29%20%28VHS%29%20%5BXVID%5D%20%5B15MB%5D.avi

And finally, here's a higher-quality (100Mb) xVid version of the Archimedes
one, again for PC/MAC users:
http://www.eggdisk.com/files/152369_uyh4p/Archimedes%20Promo%20Video%20%28Acorn%29%20%28VHS%29%20%5BXVID%5D.avi

If you missed them the first time around, the following four videos are
already available for download at http://www.acornpreservation.org :

* Micro News Part 1 - Using Archimedes
* Micro News Part 2 - Archimedes A Technical Introduction
* A3000 - The Learning Curve
* The Home Computer Minefield

In all cases, I can provide MPEG-2 (i.e. DVD quality) versions on DVD-R, for
the cost of blank media and return postage. Just contact me at dllm AT usa
DOT net (don't use my ntlworld address as I only check it once a month)

Cheers and HNY!

--
Dave.

0
sorry9047 (10)
12/29/2006 7:35:18 PM
comp.sys.acorn.misc 5707 articles. 0 followers. michael104 (366) is leader. Post Follow

On Fri, 29 Dec 2006 19:35:18 GMT, "Dave M" <sorry@no.email> wrote:

>Hi all
>
>I am able to offer a further two Acorn promotional videos for download:
>

>1)
>Archimedes Promo (10 mins, MPEG-1/VCD, 100Mb)

It kinda makes you expect a cut to '... And this is
the Archimedes design team !'. All swinging to that
funky tune.

But, alas, it never came. :-(

<tear>

John Kortink
Windfall Engineering

--

Email    : kortink@inter.nl.net
Homepage : http://www.windfall.nl

Your hardware/software designs realised !

0
kortink (350)
12/29/2006 8:42:15 PM
On 2006-12-29 19:35:18 +0000, "Dave M" <sorry@no.email> said:

> I am able to offer a further two Acorn promotional videos for download:

IMHO, the Making IT Work video is disappointing. It was made after the
Risc PC came out in the 1994 and the message is essentially a pretty
poor "well we've always been using Acorns so we should continue". Given
the onslought of Windows at the time, it was hardly a compelling video.

Alex

--
Alex Singleton
http://www.alexsingleton.com/