Acorn Lore

Hi Folks,

Long time no post. I've been thinking for sometime that it would be
good to collect and archive Acorn related folklore in much the same way
that folklore.org does for the verbal history of the Mac. To that end
I've created a mailing list [1] to kick off a discussion about how we
could capture the early history of Acorn.

Anyone interested?

hexten (2)
11/28/2005 3:44:29 PM
comp.sys.acorn.misc 5707 articles. 0 followers. michael104 (366) is leader. Post Follow

hexten@gmail.com wrote:
> Long time no post. I've been thinking for sometime that it would be
> good to collect and archive Acorn related folklore in much the same way
> that folklore.org does for the verbal history of the Mac.

I'm not familiar with the concept or the Mac version - what would this
thing look like? How would it be different to one of the many "history
of Acorn" articles on the web already?

Cheers,
Adam

0
news4275 (1182)
11/28/2005 4:02:26 PM
Check out folklore.org. It's not an offical history; it's a collection
of anecdotes and recollections from people who were there. I've found
it really compelling and I'm hoping we could do something similar with
early Acorn history.

I recall a number of stories from the time and I'm sure there are more.
Just the ones I can remember are a lot more interesting than the
documented historical facts - both from a technical point of view and
as a damn good story.

See also: Tracy Kidder, The Soul of a New Machine for the kind of story
I'm thinking of.

0
hexten (2)