Acorn User Binders + Magazines

I have a number of Acorn User magazine binders available if anybody
wants them, otherwise they will be chucked in the skip, they are free
to whoever wants them, just cover the cost of postage as they probably
will cost a bit to post them as they are bulky but flat.

The binders I have are

Bright red with Acorn User and Redwood publishing in silver lettering
on the side and quite chunky, I have 5 of these, they are all in good
usable condition, unfortunately a couple of them have a few splits in
them, but they are still usuable and a bit of glue would probably sort
them out, the magazines are held in place which metal rods, 4 out of
the 5 have all their rods but 1 has a few missing but i'm sure they
could be replaced.

I also have a burgendy and dark green coloured binder, with Acorn User
in gold on the front and side, these are more like A4 folders, both in
usuable condition and have a few metal rods missing.

Anyone interested let me know, happy to spilt them up too, just would
rather find them a home rather than skip them, as I would imagine they
are quite rare now and might be of interest to someone who has the
space to keep all their magazines.

I also have a huge stash of Acorn magazines available for the cost of
postage if anyone is interested, Acorn Computing, Acorn User,
Archimedes World, A&B Computing, Micro User, Let's Compute, all
complete with cover discs. start date from around 1986 to whenever
they ended ! Anyone interested let me know otherwise it's the recycle
bin for them.

Cheers
Matthew

--

 Message sent from an IYONIX www.iyonix.com
 Using RISC OS 5 : RISC OS Open Ltd www.riscosopen.co.uk

0
mt65 (154)
6/24/2010 5:56:33 PM
comp.sys.acorn.misc 5707 articles. 0 followers. michael104 (366) is leader. Post Follow

On Jun 24, 6:56=A0pm, Matthew Thompson <m...@REMOVETHISred-squirrel.com>
wrote:
> I also have a huge stash of Acorn magazines available for the cost of
> postage if anyone is interested, Acorn Computing, Acorn User,
> Archimedes World, A&B Computing, Micro User, Let's Compute, all
> complete with cover discs. start date from around 1986 to whenever
> they ended ! Anyone interested let me know otherwise it's the recycle
> bin for them.
>
> Cheers
> Matthew

Hi Matt. Potentially interested in the Lets Compute / Archimedes
World's. Are you still Oxford way?

David

> --
>
> =A0Message sent from an IYONIXwww.iyonix.com
> =A0Using RISC OS 5 : RISC OS Open Ltdwww.riscosopen.co.uk

In message <e09fb9ea-7482-4014-a874-c194c4232ee7@z10g2000yqb.googlegro
ups.com>
          David Bradforth <davidbradforth@googlemail.com> wrote:

> On Jun 24, 6:56�pm, Matthew Thompson <m...@REMOVETHISred-squirrel.com>
> wrote:
>> I also have a huge stash of Acorn magazines available for the cost of
>> postage if anyone is interested, Acorn Computing, Acorn User,
>> Archimedes World, A&B Computing, Micro User, Let's Compute, all
>> complete with cover discs. start date from around 1986 to whenever
>> they ended ! Anyone interested let me know otherwise it's the recycle
>> bin for them.
>>
>> Cheers
>> Matthew

> Hi Matt. Potentially interested in the Lets Compute / Archimedes
> World's. Are you still Oxford way?

Yes still Oxford area.

I have every single issue of Archimedes world that was published from
(I think) Feburary 1991 until the end, however before I can get rid of
them I need to try and get them scanned in to continue a started
project of scanning and preserving old Acorn magazines, this is a long
process but magazines will be available afterwards

I don't have all the Let's Compute magazines, I have some of them, but
they aren't in brilliant condition I have to say. Let's compute has
been scanned and is available complete on a DVD from
www.acornelectronworld.co.uk - as are many other Acorn magazines,
these DVDs have been approved by Qercus.

cheers
Matthew

--

 Message sent from an IYONIX www.iyonix.com
 Using RISC OS 5 : RISC OS Open Ltd www.riscosopen.co.uk

0
mt65 (154)
6/27/2010 9:15:51 PM
In message <cd3a202e51.MThompson@mt.riscos.org>
          Matthew Thompson <mt@REMOVETHISred-squirrel.com> wrote:

> In message <e09fb9ea-7482-4014-a874-c194c4232ee7@z10g2000yqb.googlegro
> ups.com>
>           David Bradforth <davidbradforth@googlemail.com> wrote:

>> On Jun 24, 6:56�pm, Matthew Thompson <m...@REMOVETHISred-squirrel.com>
>> wrote:
>>> I also have a huge stash of Acorn magazines available for the cost of
>>> postage if anyone is interested, Acorn Computing, Acorn User,
>>> Archimedes World, A&B Computing, Micro User, Let's Compute, all
>>> complete with cover discs. start date from around 1986 to whenever
>>> they ended ! Anyone interested let me know otherwise it's the recycle
>>> bin for them.
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>> Matthew

>> Hi Matt. Potentially interested in the Lets Compute / Archimedes
>> World's. Are you still Oxford way?

> Yes still Oxford area.

> I have every single issue of Archimedes world that was published from
> (I think) Feburary 1991 until the end, however before I can get rid of
> them I need to try and get them scanned in to continue a started
> project of scanning and preserving old Acorn magazines, this is a long
> process but magazines will be available afterwards

> I don't have all the Let's Compute magazines, I have some of them, but
> they aren't in brilliant condition I have to say. Let's compute has
> been scanned and is available complete on a DVD from
> www.acornelectronworld.co.uk - as are many other Acorn magazines,
> these DVDs have been approved by Qercus.

try www.acornelectron.co.uk that site actually exists !!

cheers
Matthew

--

 Message sent from an IYONIX www.iyonix.com
 Using RISC OS 5 : RISC OS Open Ltd www.riscosopen.co.uk

0
mt65 (154)
6/27/2010 9:24:20 PM
On 27 Jun 2010, Matthew Thompson <mt@REMOVETHISred-squirrel.com> wrote:

[snip]

> I don't have all the Let's Compute magazines, I have some of them, but
> they aren't in brilliant condition I have to say. Let's compute has
> been scanned and is available complete on a DVD from
> www.acornelectronworld.co.uk

Not found, but try http://www.acornelectron.co.uk/p-dvd.php

Tony

0
old_coaster (1286)
6/27/2010 9:47:13 PM
In article <cd3a202e51.MThompson@mt.riscos.org>, Matthew Thompson
<mt@REMOVETHISred-squirrel.com> wrote:

> I don't have all the Let's Compute magazines, I have some of them,
> but they aren't in brilliant condition I have to say ...

I used to buy this - twas a good magazine!!!

wish I had kept them!

--
Chris de Cordova

All those who believe in psychokinesis, raise my hand.
0
decordova (467)
6/29/2010 10:58:46 PM
In article <cd3a202e51.MThompson@mt.riscos.org>, Matthew Thompson
<mt@REMOVETHISred-squirrel.com> wrote:
> I don't have all the Let's Compute magazines, I have some of them,
> but they aren't in brilliant condition I have to say.

> but they aren't in brilliant condition I have to say ...

I used to buy this - twas a good magazine!!!

wish I had kept them!

--
Chris de Cordova

Who is this General Failure chap anyway -  and why is he reading my HD?
0
decordova (467)