Creating ADF on acorn

Hi

Is there a program I can use on a real acorn that makes adf files for
use in a acorn emulator on a PC.

I've got Impression Style coming in a few days after an auction on
ebay and want to install it on the PC.

Can remember that there was some protection built in stopping you from
installing onto a Acorn and just copying the necessary directory over.

Thanks.

Rich

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0635-4, 01/09/2006
Tested on: 02/09/2006 11:18:24

comp.sys.acorn.misc 5707 articles. 0 followers. michael104 (366) is leader. Post Follow

On 2 Sep 2006, Rich <richdotward@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there a program I can use on a real acorn that makes adf files for
> use in a acorn emulator on a PC.

http://acorn.revivalteam.de/Emu/Emu.php is a useful page of resources.

http://acorn.revivalteam.de/Emu/ADFimager.zip runs under RISC OS and
produces an .adf file from a disc in the RPC floppy drive.

'Out of the box' ADFimager doesn't work because it needs ABCLib, but
doesn't RMEnsure it. However, having changed its !Run file to RMEnsure
ABCLib (and assuming that ABCLib is available), ADFimager _does_ work
with E+ and F format discs.

Tony
0
old_coaster (1286)
9/2/2006 11:36:51 AM
On  2-Sep-2006, Rich <richdotward@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there a program I can use on a real acorn that makes adf files for
> use in a acorn emulator on a PC.
>
> I've got Impression Style coming in a few days after an auction on
> ebay and want to install it on the PC.

ProCopy available from the 'Free' section of the APDL web site will produce
true images of all ADFS (and DOS) format floppies.

--
David Holden - APDL - <http://www.apdl.co.uk>
0
wrote:

>ProCopy available from the 'Free' section of the APDL web site will produce
>true images of all ADFS (and DOS) format floppies.

Sounds good.  Out of interest does it work with copy-protected disks
too?  Got stuntcar racer and wolfensteien that i'll like to play on
the PC as well.

RIch

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0635-4, 01/09/2006
Tested on: 02/09/2006 15:59:11