HP 51626A printer cartridges - unblocking?

Hi,
  I've got a pair of HP 51626A printer cartridges which seem to have a few
blocked jets. I've managed to unblock most of them by dipping the cartridge
into water for a few seconds, but there are still maybe five or six inkjets
that are still blocked.
  Does anyone know of a trick to unblock these cartridges? My Olivetti JP360
doesn't seem to have a "clean printhead" or "nozzle test" function

Thanks.
--
Phil.                                | Acorn RiscPC600 Mk3, SA202, 64MB, 6GB,
philpem@despammed.com (valid address)| ViewFinder, Ethernet (Acorn AEH62),

In message <2bb5371d4c.jms@ntlworld.com>
          John Sandford <sandford1@ntlworld.com> wrote:

> Try some Isopropyl Alcohol usually used to clean tape heads etc.
No joy. Looks like the cartridge is shot - it's leaking ink onto the data
connector. I've drilled a hole in it and drained the ink out (35ml of it -
should be useful for refilling other carts) and the second cartridge seems
OK. The printer's coming up with a "Nozzles test Pass" message when I run a
selftest, anyway. Unfortunately nozzles 10 and 31 are blocked :-(
Does anyone know of a source of really cheap HP 51626A or similar cartridges?
The basic rule is, if it works in either a HP Deskjet 500C, it'll probably
work in the Olivetti.
In all fairness, this Olivetti has done quite well - the firmware test comes
up with a revision date of the 23rd November 1994, so the printer's coming up
on eight years old. I would like a copy of the manual (and an Auto Sheet
Feeder) for it, though. It does make a nice quick-n-simple listing printer,
though.

Later.
--
Phil.                                | Acorn RiscPC600 Mk3, SA202, 64MB, 6GB,
philpem@despammed.com (valid address)| ViewFinder, Ethernet (Acorn AEH62),
http://www.philpem.dsl.pipex.com/    | 8xCD, framegrabber, Teletext
.... A fail-safe circuit will destroy others.
0
philpem (337)
8/13/2003 10:56:13 PM
In message <6d378d214c.philpem@dsl.pipex.com>
          Philip Pemberton <philpem@despammed.com> wrote:

[snip]

> Does anyone know of a source of really cheap HP 51626A or similar cartridges?
> The basic rule is, if it works in either a HP Deskjet 500C, it'll probably
> work in the Olivetti.

[snip]

Try...  www.thecartridgepeople.com  their version is 16.00 ukp  look
under printer types deskjet 500 etc not cartridge type or you get the
HP one.

--
John Sandford   West Herts   UK

Hemel Hempstead Risc OS User Group www.hhrug.org.uk

0
sandford1 (32)
8/14/2003 7:47:41 AM
John Sandford <sandford1@ntlworld.com> wrote:
[cheap HP51626A cartridges]
> Try...  www.thecartridgepeople.com  their version is 16.00 ukp  look
> under printer types deskjet 500 etc not cartridge type or you get the
> HP one.

Rapid Electronics: www.rapidelectronics.co.uk 01206 751166
Recycled 51626A order code 92-2405 is 12.95 plus VAT.  Postage is 3.45+VAT
on orders under 25 ukp (so better to buy 2 cartridges at once)

I've just fitted one of their 51633Ms to my DJ310 - works fine with 2
nozzles blocked but ususally these work themselves clean over time.

Theo

--
Theo Markettos                 theo@markettos.org.uk
Liphook, Hampshire, UK         theom@chiark.greenend.org.uk