   http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2784137295
0
ebay1 (1)
1/31/2004 7:49:02 PM
comp.sys.acorn.misc 5707 articles. 0 followers. michael104 (366) is leader. Post Follow

In article <1a068c794c.postmaster@theturnbull.fsworld.co.uk>,
   <ebay@theTurnbull.fsworld.co.uk> wrote:

> 586 PC card

>    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2784141039

Fifteen quid postage - pah, what kind of joke is that?

Surely a 586 card can't weigh more than 200g, which is only 75p first
class!

Rip off!

0
iyonix (4)
2/1/2004 3:49:54 PM
On 1 Feb 2004 Iyonix <iyonix@ntlworld.com> wrote:

> In article <1a068c794c.postmaster@theturnbull.fsworld.co.uk>,
>    <ebay@theTurnbull.fsworld.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > 586 PC card
>
> >    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2784141039
>
> Fifteen quid postage - pah, what kind of joke is that?
>
> Surely a 586 card can't weigh more than 200g, which is only 75p first
> class!
>
> Rip off!

Even if it had the orginal large box of IBM PC DOS 6.0 [*] it wouldn't cost a
fraction of that to post.

[*] I have an unopened if anyone wants it. Postage would be whatever it costs.

---druck

news5843 (7461)

Iyonix did utter the following words of wisdom:

> Fifteen quid postage - pah, what kind of joke is that?

You have to remember that 14 quid of that has to go back to the big boat
to stop the evil hoards from Xenu coming to reposess our bodies, knees and
small things we discarded because they'd turned a bit soggy at the bottom
of the fridge!

TTFN

Paul

http://www.xenu.net - Operation Clambake

--
One OS to fool them all
One browser to find them

0
paul84 (611)
2/1/2004 4:52:50 PM
In article <4c79f9f791iyonix@ntlworld.com>, Iyonix <iyonix@ntlworld.com>
writes
>Fifteen quid postage - pah, what kind of joke is that?
>
>Surely a 586 card can't weigh more than 200g, which is only 75p first
>class!
>
>Rip off!

I just bought a RiscPC on eBay. Postage was put at �25 on mine, the
better one had a rate of �20. Meh. I just have read the auction, but I'd
probably still have bid anyway, since I now have a RiscPC along with all
the other Acorn cr^H^H classics I have lying around!

Richard, can't move for Acorns at the moment.
--
Acorn 8-bits, 32-bits, some in bits... Amiga 600,    |\      _,,,---,,_
Compact Macs, PB G4, G4, G5, Dell P410, ACW/ABC210   /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,
>I just bought a RiscPC on eBay. Postage was put at �25 on mine, the
>better one had a rate of �20. Meh. I just have read the auction, but
>I'd probably still have bid anyway, since I now have a RiscPC along
>with all the other Acorn cr^H^H classics I have lying around!

Just to update - I got my RiscPC from gothinabox, and it's perfectly
good - bit scruffy, but boots up fine. No PC card software, but the PC
Card is there.

If anyone is about to chuck out an SA card or RJ45 network card,
remember your friendly neighbourhood geek :D

Richard
--
Acorn: B/B+, Master, AIV, ABC210+ACW, A3/4/540/3K/5K |\      _,,,---,,_
Apple: Mac+/Spectre/C/CII/CC040/G4/G5/PBG412"        /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,
Richard Kilpatrick wrote:
> If anyone is about to chuck out an SA card or RJ45 network card,
> remember your friendly neighbourhood geek :D

I'm about to sell a lot of Acorn stuff via ebay soon. Among other
things there's a StrongARM and an i-cubed EtherLan card.

However, I'm advertising via http://www.ebay.de/ but I don't think this
will be a problem for UK citizens.

--
Stefan Bellon
0

FS: Misc Acorn (and non-Acorn) hardware
Like Peter Naulls yesterday, I'm trying to get rid of my remaining Risc PC and the related hardware. I've put them on eBay. The Acorn-specific items are: Acorn Risc PC StrongARM 233 MHz + Power-tec SCSI http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202188067 i-cubed EtherLan600 for Acorn Risc PC/A7000 http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202186713 Acorn Risc PC power supply, backplane and screws http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202185817 RISC OS Select http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5202184767 STD PS2Mouse fo...

Misc Acorn/RISC OS items FA
I've just added a load more old Acorn/RISC OS items up on eBay, including the following; Computer Concepts ROM/RAM podule (quite rare!) Colton Software Resultz Colton Software Wordz Spacetech Photodesk 2 Acorn A3000 MIDI podule Acorn Archimedes Genlock podule (made by Clares) Acorn Archimedes Genlock podule (Chromalock, made by Wild Vision) All starting at incredibly low prices, with no reserve!! :-) For a complete listing, see http://www.vigay.com/forsale/ Paul -- Paul __\\|//__ Life, (` o-o ') the Univer...

FA: Misc Acorn/BBC B items
I've just put some more miscellaneous items up on eBay, including a Simtec 2MB Ram upgrade for an A5000, an Irlan Instruments Archimedes to TV adaptor and several classic games (some RISC OS and some BBC B). For a full listing, see http://www.vigay.com/forsale/ Anything else on the page, feel free to make me an offer for.... Paul -- Paul __\\|//__ Life, (` o-o ') the Universe ---- www.segfault.co.uk ------ooO-(_)-Ooo------ & Everything ------ Posted using a RISC OS computer - 100% immune to all email v...

Acorn
Check it out: www.BrandonsMansion.com ...

Acorn Publisher / Acorn User / Qercus
By now some people should have received their copy of Qercus - ie issue 268 of Acorn User or vol 10 issue 1 of Acorn Publisher. The additional printing numbers and distribution is new to us so we're not sure how long it will take to get to all subscribers or to be available in the shops. Some bulk mailings to overseas customers may not go until next week. Our experience so far with the database we inherited from Tau Press is that some customers will receive duplicate copies of the magazine whilst others will not receive one at all. We have been working hard to put right as many errors as ...

Acorn 'Acorn' in Artworks
I don't suppose anyone has, or knows where I can download an Acorn 'Acorn' logo in ArtWorks format do they? I seem to have lost my original file that I used for the Webring graphics at www.vigay.com/cgi-bin/webring?ring=riscos -- Usenet replies: To contact me, visit www.vigay.com/feedback/ Quality Internet, Domain Registration & Hosting - www.orpheusinternet.co.uk/ Life, the Universe, RISC OS Help and Everything - www.vigay.com/ Share and discuss ideas or chat about the above - http://forum.vigay.com/ On 22 Apr 2007 Paul Vigay <invalid-email-address@invalid-domain.co....

Acorn parts on ebay
hi I have some Acorn parts on ebay for sale http://www.stores.ebay.co.uk/id=52712495&ssPageName=L2 www.pcsalvage.co.uk ...

FA: Acorn on Ebay
The last of my (accumulated) Acorn hardware is now on Ebay... Risc PC http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2774445848&ssPageName= ADME:B:LC:UK:1 Risc PC http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2774446255&ssPageName= ADME:B:LC:UK:1 StrongArm (233MHz) processor card http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2774446463&ssPageName= ADME:B:LC:UK:1 2 Risc PC/A7000 network cards http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2774446951&ssPageName= ADME:B:LC:UK:1 2 A3000 network cards http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....

Qercus (Acorn User / Acorn Publisher) binders
The new Qercus binders will be available within 2 weeks and we're taking orders now. They are available in dark blue with the Qercus logo in gold on the spine. The binders will match previous Acorn Publisher binders but will hold 14 copies of the magazine so Qercus readers will have a spare string for notes and indexes whilst Acorn Publisher readers will have room for two years' issues including two annual special issues of Qercus. Qercus is well-worth collecting so order your binder today. Binders will cost 8.95 each inc UK postage and may (just) be available at Wakefield. Until th...

Acorn NC or Acorn NetStation, looking for one.
I am looking for an Acorn NC with ethernet interface! If someone has one, please let me know, and a reasonable price. Complete, with the remote and etc! Thanks! Leonardo leonardo@editek.com In message <1192995978.255456.168910@y27g2000pre.googlegroups.com> leonardo.cohen@gmail.com wrote: > I am looking for an Acorn NC with ethernet interface! If someone has > one, please let me know, and a reasonable price. Complete, with the > remote and etc! I shall be eBaying an NC with ethernet, but no remote, fairly shortly, possibly in the next few weeks. Alan -- RISC O...

Acorn 'Acorn' in Artworks #2
Oooh. Thanks to the quick support from everyone, especially Paul Sprangers and John McCartney, I now have the logo in ArtWorks format. :-) Most appreciated. Thanks again. -- Usenet replies: To contact me, visit www.vigay.com/feedback/ Quality Internet, Domain Registration & Hosting - www.orpheusinternet.co.uk/ Life, the Universe, RISC OS Help and Everything - www.vigay.com/ Share and discuss ideas or chat about the above - http://forum.vigay.com/ ...

Acorn kit on eBay
16 bit sound upgrade for Risc PC 600 http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8104942479&rd=1 RISC PC Power Supply http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8104943156&rd=1 Acorn - ARM 710a Processor for Risc PC http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8104943992&rd=1 Risc OS 3.6 ROMs http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8104944597&rd=1 ArtWorks 2 CD - V2.02 (May 2003) http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8104933251&rd=1 OvationPro v2.60 - CD http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...

Acorn A4 on ebay
I've just got round to putting my A4 laptop on ebay if anybody is interested. Martin LOngey ...

FS: Acorns on eBay
All I have put a couple of items as for sale on eBay: An A7000+ and a StrongARM RISC PC http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8782690724&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1 http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8782727083&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1 Cheers Mike Tomkinson ...

Web resources about - More Acorn items on ebay - comp.sys.acorn.misc

Acorn - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Acorns from small to large of the Willow Oak, Quercus phellos (very small, at center); the Southern Red Oak, Quercus falcata ; the White Oak, ...

Mac App Store - Acorn 4 - The Image Editor for Humans
Get Acorn 4 - The Image Editor for Humans on the Mac App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

ACORN Housing Katherine Conway Russell - YouTube
ACORN Housing Katherine Conway Russell - YouTube

ACORN website allows Canberrans to report growing instances of cybercrime
A new website to fight cybercrime is set to save police an enormous amount of time and money.

ACORN website allows Australians to report growing instances of cybercrime
A new website to fight cybercrime is set to save police an enormous amount of time and money.

ACORN Worker Fired After Appearance In Undercover Video - 10News.com KGTV ABC10 San Diego
An ACORN employee who appeared to give human-smuggling advice to a pimp and prostitute in an undercover video made by conservative filmmakers ...

Acorn version 4 brings revamped UI, speed enhancements, non-destructive filters & much more
Flying Meat, the developer behind the popular Photoshop-like image editing app called ‘Acorn’, today has released version 4.0 of the app bringing ...

Lawyerly Lairs: Ex-ACORN Attorney Sells $21 Million Townhouse
Can you imagine how awesome this house would be if converted to single-family use?

Is ACORN behind violent unrest in Ferguson?
ACORN's old Missouri chapter is playing at least a supporting role in the violent unrest and crime wave that has plagued Ferguson and St. Louis, ...