Ping Acorn!

This group seems to have gone very quiet since the changeover. Is it
still working?

Michael Bell

michael104 (366)
8/9/2007 5:11:56 AM
comp.sys.acorn.misc 5707 articles. 0 followers. michael104 (366) is leader. Post Follow

In article <18bd800f4f.michaelbell@michael.beaverbell.co.uk>,
   Michael Bell <michael@beaverbell.co.uk> wrote:
> This group seems to have gone very quiet since the changeover. Is it
> still working?

> Michael Bell

What changeover is that Michael?
Dave S

dfs (2099)
8/9/2007 7:05:43 AM
In message <4f0f8b27f2dfs@ukgateway.net>
  Dave Symes <dfs@ukgateway.net> wrote:

> In article <18bd800f4f.michaelbell@michael.beaverbell.co.uk>,
>    Michael Bell <michael@beaverbell.co.uk> wrote:
>> This group seems to have gone very quiet since the changeover. Is it
>> still working?

> What changeover is that Michael?

PlusNet? Another PlusNet user not paying attention?

--
David Pitt.

Computing with RISC OS.
0
news7066 (1533)
8/9/2007 7:22:58 AM
In article <19bc8c0f4f.pittdj+@pittdj.plus.net>,
   David Pitt <news@pittdj.co.uk> wrote:
> In message <4f0f8b27f2dfs@ukgateway.net>
>   Dave Symes <dfs@ukgateway.net> wrote:

> > In article <18bd800f4f.michaelbell@michael.beaverbell.co.uk>,
> >    Michael Bell <michael@beaverbell.co.uk> wrote:
> >> This group seems to have gone very quiet since the changeover. Is it
> >> still working?

> > What changeover is that Michael?

> PlusNet? Another PlusNet user not paying attention?

What on earth is a PlusNet (A positively charged fishing net?) If it's
something to do with News **, then it's way over my head, I pay NIN 10
quid a year and forget about it... As long as when I click NewsHound and
the News arrives...

If it's an ISP, then I'm not a user. (Rather obvious if you look at my
user address... ukgateway/tiscali).
BT might have gobbled up a lot of stuff recently, but Tiscali is not one
of them.
Cheers
Dave S

** I jest slighty, as well as NIN I also have MOZilla and Corel News
services.
D.

dfs (2099)
8/9/2007 3:27:55 PM
Dave Symes <dfs@ukgateway.net> wrote:

> I pay NIN 10 quid a year

You must have annoyed them somehow; they only charge other people 10 euro.

Jeremy1 (1807)