f



Primary School Software for Acorn

Following a recent query as to whether there is still any decent
educational software for primary school children available for Acorn,
I can confirm that Sherston still have about a dozen triple Mac/PC/
Acorn format titles that they are selling to home users, at reduced
prices, through their shop on Ebay.

The titles are -

Big ABC =A319.95
Number Train =A314.99
Number Plane =A314.95
Oxford Reading Tree Clip Art =A319.95
Stage 4 Oxford Reading Tree Talking Stories - =A325
Stage 5 Oxford Reading Tree Talking Stories - =A325
Primary Curriculum Clip Art =A35.00
Rhyme and Analogy Volume A =A325
Rhyme and Analogy Volume B =A325
Science Fair =A310.00
Sound Activities =A319.95
Sound Stories =A319.95

These are listed as PC/Mac, but the sales department assure me that
they are Acorn also.

If there is any doubt about this, you can ask them through the website
before ordering.

However, Sherston are down to their last one or two copies of some of
these titles, so if there is anything you fancy, it's best to order it
now.

Jon Robinso (Leeds)
0
11/18/2009 3:04:09 PM
comp.sys.acorn.misc 5707 articles. 0 followers. michael104 (366) is leader. Post Follow

8 Replies
590 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 12

In article
<1592bd89-ebbe-4fff-9b4a-ef860e74a6bc@k19g2000yqc.googlegroups.com>,
   castlevarich <castlevarich@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Following a recent query as to whether there is still any decent
> educational software for primary school children available for Acorn,

I guess you could always contact Gary Atkinson http://www.kudlian.net/ and
see if he has any copies of Acorn stuff around.

-- 
Stuart Winsor

Risc OS Midlands show Sat 5th Dec.
    http://www.mug.riscos.org/show09/MUGshow.html
0
Stuart
11/18/2009 7:15:03 PM
On 18-Nov-2009, castlevarich <castlevarich@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> Following a recent query as to whether there is still any decent
> educational software for primary school children available for Acorn,
> I can confirm that Sherston still have about a dozen triple Mac/PC/
> Acorn format titles that they are selling to home users, at reduced
> prices, through their shop on Ebay.

Or you could have a look at <http://www.apdl.co.uk/educ.htm>

-- 
David Holden  -  APDL  -  <http://www.apdl.co.uk>
0
David
11/19/2009 7:18:58 AM
In article <50bc456dd3Spambin@argonet.co.uk>, Stuart
<URL:mailto:Spambin@argonet.co.uk> wrote:
> In article
> <1592bd89-ebbe-4fff-9b4a-ef860e74a6bc@k19g2000yqc.googlegroups.com>,
>    castlevarich <castlevarich@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> > Following a recent query as to whether there is still any decent
> > educational software for primary school children available for Acorn,
> 
> I guess you could always contact Gary Atkinson http://www.kudlian.net/ and
> see if he has any copies of Acorn stuff around.

We have over 250 Primary School titles in stock including most of Kudlian's
range.
n.b. Over 80 of them are �10 or less!

Chris Evans

-- 
CJE Micro's / 4D                'RISC OS Specialists'
Telephone: 01903 523222             Fax: 01903 523679
chris@cjemicros.co.uk     http://www.cjemicros.co.uk/
78 Brighton Road, Worthing, West Sussex,     BN11 2EN
The most beautiful thing anyone can wear, is a smile!

0
Chris
11/19/2009 10:24:43 AM
I have just bought the latest Textease from Lightbox Education to run on 
Windows7 and I still think it's the best bit of Primary School software ever 
produced. Well best software actually.


-- 
Christopher
Link to a new App for the iPod
to help with your handwriting!

http://www.deeppocketseries.com/Better_Letters.php 

0
Quilljar
12/4/2009 11:45:11 AM
In message <mO6dnQ8-5ozfa4XWnZ2dnUVZ8oSdnZ2d@bt.com>
          "Quilljar" <not@home .today> wrote:

> I have just bought the latest Textease from Lightbox Education to run on
> Windows7 and I still think it's the best bit of Primary School software ever
> produced. Well best software actually.

Still using 5.93 on RISC OS professionally ... It's terrific still, 
despite the lack of facilities compared to Textease CT.

The on-line JAVA based version at http://www.j2e.com/ is also 
brilliant!!!!

best wishes

-- 
Dave Wisnia, Leeds, UK


0
David
12/4/2009 12:22:58 PM
In article <mO6dnQ8-5ozfa4XWnZ2dnUVZ8oSdnZ2d@bt.com>, Quilljar
<not@home .today> wrote:
>  and I still think it's the best bit of Primary School software
> ever produced. Well best software actually

many new and continuing instability issues but still terrific...

-- 
Chris de Cordova

Drugs may lead to nowhere, but at least it's the scenic route.
0
Chris
12/4/2009 9:50:16 PM
In article <50c49103a7decordova@ukgateway.net>,
   Chris <decordova@ukgateway.net> wrote:
> In article <mO6dnQ8-5ozfa4XWnZ2dnUVZ8oSdnZ2d@bt.com>, Quilljar
> <not@home .today> wrote:
> >  and I still think it's the best bit of Primary School software
> > ever produced. Well best software actually

> many new and continuing instability issues but still terrific...


and sadly, no file interchangeability wit the PC version

-- 
Chris de Cordova

When I'm not in my right mind, my left mind gets pretty crowded.
0
Chris
12/5/2009 9:32:43 PM
In message <50c5133e4bdecordova@ukgateway.net>
          Chris <decordova@ukgateway.net> wrote:

> In article <50c49103a7decordova@ukgateway.net>,
>    Chris <decordova@ukgateway.net> wrote:
>> In article <mO6dnQ8-5ozfa4XWnZ2dnUVZ8oSdnZ2d@bt.com>, Quilljar
>> <not@home .today> wrote:
>>>  and I still think it's the best bit of Primary School software
>>> ever produced. Well best software actually

>> many new and continuing instability issues but still terrific...


> and sadly, no file interchangeability wit the PC version

Textease CT - parts do have interchangeability with RISCOS 5.93 
version,  but some graphics don't translate.

-- 
Dave Wisnia, Leeds, UK


0
David
12/5/2009 11:49:55 PM
Reply: