Acorn NC - problem connection

Hi everybody,
last week I bought an Acorn NC with a ethernet card.
I've connected to my LAN but do not start.
This is error in Acorn NC :
"RPC communication failed on mount (transaction timed out)"

In my LAN I've a Win98PC with installed Wago Bootp server.
I've saved in c:\nc directory the !Boot structure renamed
!NFSBoot

This is a Bootptab.txt configuration :
------------
AcornNC:hd=/nc:bf=!NFSBoot:gw=192.168.1.1:sm=255.255.255.0:ht=ethernet:ha=0000A4116BD0:ip=192.168.1.3:vm=0.0.0.0:bs=auto:
------------

This is a Acorn NC configuration :
------------
NC IP Address: 192.168.1.3
BootServer IP Address: 192.168.1.4
Gateway IP address: 192.168.1.1
Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
DNS IP address: 192.168.1.100
Boot mount: /nc
Static IP booting: disabled
------------

Any idea ???

thanks in advance
Paolo

0
Neurox
7/5/2005 1:18:59 PM
comp.sys.acorn.networking 1780 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Neurox wrote:
> Hi everybody,
> last week I bought an Acorn NC with a ethernet card.

It  was years ago that I did all this but hey.

> I've connected to my LAN but do not start.
> This is error in Acorn NC :
> "RPC communication failed on mount (transaction timed out)"

This suggests that it is having trouble talking to your NFSd.

Which NFS services do you have running? (portmap, mountd, statd, lockd)

What are the contents of your exports file? (or whatever the equivalent
is with the NFSd you are using).

> In my LAN I've a Win98PC with installed Wago Bootp server.
> I've saved in c:\nc directory the !Boot structure renamed
> !NFSBoot
>
> This is a Bootptab.txt configuration :
> ------------
> AcornNC:hd=/nc:bf=!NFSBoot:gw=192.168.1.1:sm=255.255.255.0:ht=ethernet:ha=0000A4116BD0:ip=192.168.1.3:vm=0.0.0.0:bs=auto:
> ------------
>
> This is a Acorn NC configuration :
> ------------
> NC IP Address: 192.168.1.3
> BootServer IP Address: 192.168.1.4
> Gateway IP address: 192.168.1.1
> Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
> DNS IP address: 192.168.1.100
> Boot mount: /nc
> Static IP booting: disabled
> ------------
>
> Any idea ???
>
> thanks in advance
> Paolo

0
Thomas
7/5/2005 3:08:08 PM
Hello,

Thomas Rankin ha scritto:
> Which NFS services do you have running? (portmap, mountd, statd, lockd)

???
Nothing of this.

My Acorn Netstation start automatically to find a Bootp Server,
and my win98-PC start with a Bootp Server.

Paolo

0
Neurox
7/6/2005 12:06:33 PM
Neurox wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Thomas Rankin ha scritto:
>
>>Which NFS services do you have running? (portmap, mountd, statd, lockd)
>

> ???
> Nothing of this.
>
> My Acorn Netstation start automatically to find a Bootp Server,
> and my win98-PC start with a Bootp Server.
>
> Paolo

The NC gets it's network settings from the BootP server, then needs the
NFSd to mount an export (called nfsboot iirc) to load the !Boot sequence
from (and mount as a drive).

I don't know anything about windows NFS daemons, but I'm sure there is
information out there.

(mine has run from both the linux kernel and the userspace NFS daemons
in the past and worked fine.)
0
Thomas
7/6/2005 2:30:38 PM
Thomas Rankin <tom@sanguinarius.dyndns.org> wrote:
> I don't know anything about windows NFS daemons, but I'm sure there is
> information out there.

From a RISC OS perspective, try:
http://www.drobe.co.uk/riscos/artifact1172.html

Theo