1.6mb adfs disc images

this may well be in the wrong group, but I cant think of anywhere
better to put it... Apologies if its in the wrong place.

Does anyone know where I could download a 1.6 mb HD Floppy Disc Image
for use with an emulator like Virtual Acorn or Red Squirril?

I know I can get software to create a disc image, but since I dont have
a disc formatted in ADFS, and I have no way of getting one at the
moment, I was hoping I could download an image.

Many thanks
Jon

0
dallimoj (58)
1/21/2006 11:06:21 PM
comp.sys.acorn.programmer 2499 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On 21 Jan 2006 "Jon Dallimore" <dallimoj@coventry.ac.uk> wrote:
> this may well be in the wrong group, but I cant think of anywhere
> better to put it... Apologies if its in the wrong place.
>
> Does anyone know where I could download a 1.6 mb HD Floppy Disc Image
> for use with an emulator like Virtual Acorn or Red Squirril?
>
> I know I can get software to create a disc image, but since I dont have
> a disc formatted in ADFS, and I have no way of getting one at the
> moment, I was hoping I could download an image.

A disc image is a file containing the contents of a particular floppy disc.
As you neither have a disc, or mention what you want on it, I don't see how
we can help.

---druck

news5843 (7461)
1/22/2006 12:40:28 AM

druck wrote:
> A disc image is a file containing the contents of a particular floppy disc.
> As you neither have a disc, or mention what you want on it, I don't see how
> we can help.

If you just want a blank disk image, check out
http://jonripley.com/8bit/HardDrives
There are a collection of blank ADFS L format disk images in various
sizes.
RISC OS doesn't like ADFS L on hard drives, but happily uses it on a
floppy.

--
JGH

0
jgh2 (975)

!Image
Hi, A minor new release of !ShortCut, a short cut creator for any application is now available along with a refreshed version of !Image an ADFS floppy disc image writer. Both available from <URL:http://www.archez.co.uk/> Cheers, Matt -- n.g.boalch@durham.ac.uk, Backup Moderator of comp.sys.acorn.announce. Submissions to csaa@owlart.net Related mail to csaa-request@owlart.net ...

?: upgrade disc #1, full-install disc #1
Hello, Is the first disc of the upgrade discs interchangeable with the first disc from the full installation discs for Panther? In article <1g845on.1vfjtv0f6to8wN%m@z.net>, m@z.net (mz) wrote: > Hello, > > Is the first disc of the upgrade discs interchangeable with the first > disc from the full installation discs for Panther? > Confusing question. The upgrade first disc you must have a previous Jaquar 10.2 installed. The full installer requires no pre-installed system software. > Smokerz <smokerz@NOSPAMcomcast.net> wrote: > In article <1g845on.1...

1.1.1.1 ?
hi my firewall logs dropped packets from an internal IP address trying to contact 1.1.1.1 through port 9999. Any ideas whether 1.1.1.1 is valid IP? and what is port 9999?? thanks mike wrote: > hi > > my firewall logs dropped packets from an internal IP address trying to > contact 1.1.1.1 through port 9999. Any ideas whether 1.1.1.1 is valid > IP? and what is port 9999?? > thanks These trojans *BlitzNet*, *Backdoor.Oracle*, *Backdoor.Spadeace* uses port 9999 -- S.S. "StarScripter" <Star@privacy.net> wrote in message news:<bv8ejj$p54t3$1@ID-185702.news.uni-berlin.de>... > mike wrote: > > hi > > > > my firewall logs dropped packets from an internal IP address trying to > > contact 1.1.1.1 through port 9999. Any ideas whether 1.1.1.1 is valid > > IP? and what is port 9999?? > > thanks > > These trojans *BlitzNet*, *Backdoor.Oracle*, *Backdoor.Spadeace* uses port > 9999 thanks very much..will check it out ...

ADF Images and RAM discs
Hi - I'm looking for a way to write an ADF image into the RAM disk of my Amiga 500 (with a 1MB trapdoor expansion) using serial transfer from my PC. The ADF image is 901,120 bytes in size I believe, so it's easy to overload the RAM disk. I want to get the image there in one piece, although I know it's possible to write half of an ADF image, write to the first 40 tracks of the Amiga floppy, then send the other half of the ADF and write the final tracks. This is very cumbersome so I'm trying to find a better way. Is it possible to send an entire ADF to an Amiga ...

C.7.6.3.1.4 Pixel Data and C.7.6.2.1.1 Image Position And Image Orientation
Dear All, How should I reconcile the definitions of image coordinates in the "Pixel Data" and "Image Position and Image Orientation" sections of the 2009 DICOM standard? "Pixel Data" says that the pixels are labelled: (1,1) (1,2) (1,3) (1,4) etc. (2,1) (2,2) (2,3) (2,4) etc. etc. i.e. (row starting at 1, column starting at 1) But the formula on the "Image Position And Image Orientation" section it say is said to determine "The mapping of pixel location (i, j)" but WHERE i Column index to the image plane. The first column is index zero. and j Row index to the image plane. The first row index is zero. Should the image data be considered to be indexed from 0 or from 1? Should the pixel coordinates (i,j) be (row, col) or (col, row)? Many thanks, Dr Chris Rodgers University of Oxford. -- QUOTE from the standard -- ftp://medical.nema.org/medical/dicom/2009/09_03pu3.pdf C.7.6.3.1.4 Pixel Data Pixel Data (7FE0,0010) for this image. The order of pixels sent for each image plane is left to right, top to bottom, i.e., the upper left pixel (labeled 1,1) is sent first followed by the remainder of row 1, followed by the first pixel of row 2 (labeled 2,1) then the remainder of row 2 and so on. For multi-plane images see Planar Configuration (0028,0006) in this Section. C.7.6.2.1.1 Image Position And Image Orientation .... The Image Plane Attributes, in conjunction with...

AVS Image Converter 1.1.1.31
Convert your pictures, improve their quality and look, apply various effects, copyright converted images. It is easy and fast with AVS Image Converter. Convert tons of images to all key formats at one go! Easily work with such formats as JPEG, RAW, GIF, etc. Apply auto-correction settings to improve image parameters such as brightness and contrast. Choose various effects - make your pictures look like black-and-white pics, or old faded photographs. Resize pictures and prepare them for future slideshows or fit them to popular printing formats. Select a logo and apply it to converted pi...

AVS Image Converter 1.1.1.31
Convert your pictures, improve their quality and look, apply various effects, copyright converted images. It is easy and fast with AVS Image Converter. Convert tons of images to all key formats at one go! Easily work with such formats as JPEG, RAW, GIF, etc. Apply auto-correction settings to improve image parameters such as brightness and contrast. Choose various effects - make your pictures look like black-and-white pics, or old faded photographs. Resize pictures and prepare them for future slideshows or fit them to popular printing formats. Select a logo and apply it to converted pi...

Programmers, Programmers, Programmers, ...
As Steve Balmer correctly stated, while making his monkey dance, it is applications and hence programmers that make a platform. The fact though is that if you want to do professional programming, then Linux is the platform for you. I know that this statement will get the heckels up on a lot of trolls in C.O.L.A, but I have a recent experience that proves this. I am currently working for a Windows only house producing a system that receives and transmits around 1000 telegrams per second in each direction on a UDP socket, translates them into a different format and creates a log entry for each ...

image photo -file ... results in black image [macosx, 8.5.1, Img 1.3]
Hi, I've been trying to do a simple task: load a jpg/png/gif image and add it to a canvas. But I ran into unexpected problems: I can't see the image and [$photo cget -width/height] always returns 0. I tried with JPEG, GIF and PNG files to the same result. Saving the image back (with -format gif) writes a black image of the write size. I only found a single reference to this problem here: http://wiki.tcl.tk/1404 : > Img -photo has problems under Mac OS X; it renders everything as a black image. > [Is there an entry in the "bug database" for this?] Environment: MacOSX Leopard 10.5.2 ActiveState Tcl 8.5.1 Img: 1.3 Any ideas on how to solve this? -Acacio > Environment: > =A0 =A0 MacOSX Leopard 10.5.2 > =A0 =A0 ActiveState Tcl 8.5.1 > =A0 =A0 Img: 1.3 Just upgraded to 8.5.2/8.4.18 and same results with both versions. :-( I find odd that nobody else out there is loading images from files and running into this bug... -Acacio acacio wrote: >> Environment: >> MacOSX Leopard 10.5.2 >> ActiveState Tcl 8.5.1 >> Img: 1.3 > > Just upgraded to 8.5.2/8.4.18 and same results with both versions. :-( > > I find odd that nobody else out there is loading images from files and > running into this bug... Hello, Others out there are loading images from files, but without running into this bug, so this sounds like you may have a broken Img 1.3 build. You may try to replace Img with pixan...

ANN: Python Imaging Library 1.1.5 alpha 1
The Python Imaging Library (PIL) adds image processing capabilities to your Python interpreter. This library supports many file formats, and provides powerful image processing and graphics capabilities, including display support for Windows and Tkinter. PIL 1.1.5 alpha 1 is now available from: http://effbot.org/downloads#pil This release is available in source form (look for Imaging tarballs), and as a prebuilt installer for Python 2.3 on Windows. A list of changes can be found here: http://effbot.org/zone/pil-changes-115.htm enjoy, the pil team at secret labs ab "Secret Labs AB -- makers of fine pythonware since 1997" ...

ANN: Python Imaging Library 1.1.5 alpha 1 #2
The Python Imaging Library (PIL) adds image processing capabilities to your Python interpreter. This library supports many file formats, and provides powerful image processing and graphics capabilities, including display support for Windows and Tkinter. PIL 1.1.5 alpha 3 is now available from: http://effbot.org/downloads#imaging This release is available in source form only (look for Imaging tarballs). A list of changes can be found here: http://effbot.org/zone/pil-changes-115.htm enjoy, the pil team at secret labs ab "Secret Labs AB -- makers of fine pythonware since 1997" ...

Can you Install AIX 5.1.0.03 from /tmp rather than /usr/sys/inst.images?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C397F5.04DCB260 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I'm a novice AIX SysAdmin looking to install the Level 3 maintenance = update (i.e. from 5.1.0.01 to 5.1.0.03). Q: Can I install the update (Vol 1 and 2) from anywhere other than = /usr/sys/inst.images, if my /usr file system is too full? I can see no reason why replacing /usr/sys/inst.images with /tmp in the = following will not work. Also using "-t /tmp_save" to define an = alternative...

Alignment of foo[1][1][1][1]
Suppose I have type 'foo' and: sizeof (foo) == 16 alignof (foo) == 2 Suppose I have type 'foo[1][1][1][1]' and: sizeof (foo[1][1][1][1]) == 16 Can: alignof (foo[1][1][1][1]) == 4 ? I'd like to think not, but is it prohibited? If I do: typedef foo bar[1][1][1][1]; bar * my_bar = malloc(sizeof *bar); foo * my_foo = (foo *) my_bar; certainly 'my_bar' points to an object whose alignment satisfies type 'foo'. But what about the other way around? typedef foo bar[1][1][1][1]; foo * my_foo = malloc(sizeof *foo); bar * my_bar = (bar *) my_foo; 'my_foo' could point to an object aligned for '2', but if the alignment requirement for 'bar' is '4', then the behaviour is undefined. With a size of '16', array elements would always satisfy both alignment requirements. My guess is that no implementation does this, but again: How about Standard-wise? On 6/29/2011 11:11 PM, Shao Miller wrote: > Suppose I have type 'foo' and: > > sizeof (foo) == 16 > alignof (foo) == 2 > > Suppose I have type 'foo[1][1][1][1]' and: > > sizeof (foo[1][1][1][1]) == 16 > > Can: > > alignof (foo[1][1][1][1]) == 4 > > ? I'd like to think not, but is it prohibited? If I do: > > typedef foo bar[1][1][1][1]; > bar * my_bar = malloc(sizeof *bar); > foo * my_foo = (foo *) my_bar; > > certainly 'my_bar' points to ...

Transform a 2D color image into 2 images of (R1,G1,B) at each pixel of image 1 and (R2,G2,B) at each pixel of image2 for STEREO visualization
I am wondering is there any open source C++ lib can do this. Could any function in OpenGl do this non-trivial task? Or I have to do it from the groud up again? 88888 Dihedral <dihedral88888@googlemail.com> wrote: > I am wondering is there any open source C++ lib can do this. > > Could any function in OpenGl do this non-trivial task? > > Or I have to do it from the groud up again? Please do not ask your question in the subject line, especially given that it's such a long and complicated one. On 12/19/2011 5:19 AM, Juha Nieminen wrote: > 88888 Dihedral<dihedral88888@googlemail.com> wrote: >> I am wondering is there any open source C++ lib can do this. >> >> Could any function in OpenGl do this non-trivial task? >> >> Or I have to do it from the groud up again? > > Please do not ask your question in the subject line, especially given that > it's such a long and complicated one. ....and may I add a suggestion to not ask the question in the subject line in the right newsgroup, as well? comp.graphics.api.opengl is the right one if you need OpenGL, or just comp.graphics.algorithms if you need somebody's help on devising one (algorithm, that is) Thanks! V -- I do not respond to top-posted replies, please don't ask On Monday, December 19, 2011 9:18:02 PM UTC+8, Victor Bazarov wrote: > On 12/19/2011 5:19 AM, Juha Nieminen wrote: > > 88888 Dihedral<dihedr...@googlemail....

Aperture 2.1.1
I know I am missing something but I cannot find how to resize an image in Aperture. I have an image where I need to enlarge just a part of it without destroying the original. Is this possible or do I need to use a stand alone image editor such as Elements? Thanks Skipper: > I know I am missing something but I cannot find how to resize an image in > Aperture. I have an image where I need to enlarge just a part of it without > destroying the original. Is this possible or do I need to use a stand alone > image editor such as Elements? You can't resize an image in Apertu...

AVS Disc Creator 4.1.1.473
Write your data to CDs, DVDs quickly and easily with AVS Disc Creator. Burn data in several sessions onto the same disc. Make personal audio CD backups. Create your own DVD disc for home DVD Players. Burn DVD- Video files available on HDD directly to a DVD disc and watch a movie now with a home DVD Player. Create your own disc cover using a new integrated disc cover creator. Burn boot discs. Write your data onto Blu-ray (BD-R, BD-RE) discs. Store your data in the highest possible quality due to the unique BD data capacity of 25 or 50 GB per disc. Make an ISO image or a password protect...

AVS Disc Creator 4.1.1.473
Write your data to CDs, DVDs quickly and easily with AVS Disc Creator. Burn data in several sessions onto the same disc. Make personal audio CD backups. Create your own DVD disc for home DVD Players. Burn DVD- Video files available on HDD directly to a DVD disc and watch a movie now with a home DVD Player. Create your own disc cover using a new integrated disc cover creator. Burn boot discs. Write your data onto Blu-ray (BD-R, BD-RE) discs. Store your data in the highest possible quality due to the unique BD data capacity of 25 or 50 GB per disc. Make an ISO image or a password protect...

Free Disc Burner 1.1.3.52
Free Disc Burner writes any files, folders (data) to any disk. Writes multi session disks (there is a possibility to write up files to the same disk), lets to erase information from a disk, supports Blu-Ray. Supported Media Types: BD-R / BD-RE (Blu-Ray ), DVD-R Double Layer, DVD-R Dual Layer, DVD+R / DVD+RW, DVD-R / DVD-RW, DVD-RAM, CDR / CDRW. Supports XP and Vista. Device Features: - supports buffer protection technologies (BurnProof, JustLink, etc); - advanced speed detection; - advanced file system detection anywhere on the disc; - automatic selection of write modes; - erase fun...

sending image pil 1.1.5 by network
Hello everyone, I'm trying to make a webcam software with python, pil library and enet (networking) Now I have in the client my pil image get from webcam, ready to be send by network. I do that: self.peer.send(0, image.tostring(), enet.FLAG_RELIABLE) and I have this error: TypeError: argument 2 must be string without null bytes, not str does someone know what kind of convertion I should do to make it work? in tostring() function the default encoder is "raw", perhaps there is one ok? Thanks in advance maxime_phan@hotmail.com wrote: > Hello everyone, I'm trying to ma...

how to convert a 1 dimensional image into 2 dimensional image
I'm getting error stating 'Image must be 2 dimensional' when i execute hough transform. Pl help me with this On Apr 3, 4:16=A0am, "niranjana " <nb3...@gmail.com> wrote: > I'm getting error stating 'Image must be 2 dimensional' when i execute ho= ugh transform. Pl help me with this -------------------------------------------------------------- It wants an image. Apparently you passed in just a single 1D list of numbers. "ImageAnalyst" <imageanalyst@mailinator.com> wrote in message news:0ae4fd6e-dc0d-4879-88ee-c055b111203a@y13g20...

DeepForm 1.1.1
DeepForm allows an analyst to create a document (named Model) that specifies the structure and the contents of the XML document containing the corporate data. DeepForm does not requires any knowledge of the XML format by the user. The data model creation The application allows the user to compone his own model using a quick and easy interface. The analyst can create his own model by simply combining the "basic" elements of DeepForm: * fields (customizables); * tables; * sections. DeepForm allows to create new models by using parts of other models previuosly created. Every model is real a document taht can be added of notes and comments by the author without using a word processor editor. The main component is the section which together with the sub-sections allows to freely structure the data model in a gerarchic way. Every section can contain fields, tables and one or more sub-sections. DeepForm specifies the "formal" accuracy of data (syntax and type) through the automatic generation of rules written according to the international standard XML-Schema specified by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C). The generation is automatic and does not require any previous knowledge on the XML language. More Info: http://www.tecnate.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=82&Itemid=166 Download URL: http://www.tecnate.com/dmdocuments/DPF11_Setup_SHW.exe Screenshot URL: http://www.tecnate.com/dmdoc...

RedNotebook 1.1.1
RedNotebook 1.1.1 has been released. You can get the tarball, the Windows installer and links to distribution packages at http://rednotebook.sourceforge.net/downloads.html What is RedNotebook? -------------------- RedNotebook is a **graphical journal** and diary helping you keep track of notes and thoughts. It includes a calendar navigation, customizable templates, export functionality and word clouds. You can also format, tag and search your entries. RedNotebook is available in the repositories of most common Linux distributions and a Windows installer is available. What's new? ----------- * Let user delete category with 'DELETE' key (LP:608717) * Sort categories alphabetically (LP:612859) * Fix: After clicking "Change the text" on an annotation, directly edit it (LP:612861) * Fix: Journal -> _Journal in menu * Fix: Do not clear entry when category is changed in new-entry dialog * Fix: restore left divider position * Fix: Use rednotebook website for retrieving newest version information (LP:621975) * Windows: Shrink installer size * Windows: Update gtk libs * Windows: New theme * Windows: New icons * New translations: * English (United Kingdom) * Norwegian Bokmal * Many translations updated Cheers, Jendrik ...

both 1 and not-1?
Okay, maybe I'm getting too tired for tonight, but ... how can add_to_array *possibly* die with a filter violation (which it does)? Certainly, is_filtered doesn't modify $visit -- or does it? sub add_to_array{ my $self = shift; my $visit = shift; if ( not $self->is_filtered($visit) ){ if ( $self->is_filtered($visit) ){die ("FILTER VIOLATION\n");} } } sub is_filtered{ my $self = shift; my $visit = shift; while ( my ($field, $pattern) = each %{ $self->{_excludepatterns} } ){ if ( $visit->{$field} =~ $pattern){ return 1; } } return 0; } Many thanks, Michael Goerz "Michael Goerz" <news12@8439.e4ward.com> wrote in message news:4ns3s9Fbp1otU1@uni-berlin.de... > Okay, maybe I'm getting too tired for tonight, but ... how can > add_to_array *possibly* die with a filter violation (which it does)? > Certainly, is_filtered doesn't modify $visit -- or does it? > > sub add_to_array{ > my $self = shift; > my $visit = shift; > if ( not $self->is_filtered($visit) ){ > if ( $self->is_filtered($visit) ){die ("FILTER VIOLATION\n");} > } > } > > sub is_filtered{ > my $self = shift; > my $visit = shift; > while ( my ($field, $pattern) = each %{ $self->{_excludepatterns} } ){ > if ( $visit->{$field} =~ $pattern){ return 1; } > } > return 0; > } > > Many thanks...

Importing 3" MicroDesign3 discs into disc images for Joyce?
Anyone had any luck reading real MicroDesign3 PCW discs into images for Joyce? My PCW was a 3" one, so I can't put the disc in a physical floppy drive on my PC and point Joyce at it. Instead, I'm using a serial link with the LibDsk remote backend and AUXDPCW.COM on the actual PCW to create (E)DSK files. By and large, this works quite well (if slowly). However, I haven't had any joy transferring Creative Technology program discs such as MicroDesign3; when run in Joyce, they just say "Illegal/Faulty Disc". I've tried imaging working discs and the origin...

Web resources about - 1.6mb adfs disc images - comp.sys.acorn.programmer

Twist Image
At Twist Image, we connect brands to people and people to brands. Let us show you what we mean.

Wikipedia:Manual of Style/Images - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Wikipedia contains millions of illustrative images and other electronic media . This page gives a very brief overview of how images are used ...

Brussels explosions: viral images show heartbreak and defiance after attack
The Brussels attacks as seen on social media followed a depressingly familiar, but no less powerful, trajectory in the hours after the deadly ...

Brussels explosions: viral images show heartbreak and defiance after attack
The Brussels attacks as seen on social media followed a depressingly familiar, but no less powerful, trajectory in the hours after the deadly ...

Stickers, Stamptags, Taptags or Stickits... Twitter is testing a new image editing tool
Sometimes sharing a plain old image just isn't enough. Sometimes you might feel the need to adorn an otherwise dull image with clipart-style ...

Flight attendant in haunting Brussels image placed in coma
Flight attendant in haunting Brussels image placed in coma

Live images from the Brussels airport explosion
CNBC reports on the latest breaking news from the Brussels airport explosion.

Wonder Woman Movie Cast Image Reveals Robin Wright - Collider
A new image from Warner Bros.' highly anticipated Wonder Woman movie reveals the Amazon warriors, including Gal Gadot, Robin Wright, and Connie ...

These Images From The Scene Of The Terrorist Attack In Brussels Are Shocking
These Images From The Scene Of The Terrorist Attack In Brussels Are Shocking

Trump's Image Among Republicans Continues to Tilt Positive
A majority of Republicans nationwide view Donald Trump positively, with 55% viewing him favorably and 41% unfavorably, similar to last July. ...